Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 11, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THIS IS BAD...Wiene being found out by Tiona. Bell and Haruhime's "saving the damsel-in-distress" tactic must be played once again!

Rather than killing Wiene, Tiona unexpectedly gives her the leeway after seeing her true behaviour, and glad to see that she's back in safe hands...or that's the case, if not for the Loki Familia's notorious fighter Bete. All Haruhime needs to do is to hold him off with Aisha while Bell brings Wiene back to the Xenos. A good try and a worthy sacrifice.

At long last...Ais has caught up to Bell...and even with Bell questioning her episodes back, the battle between the Sword Princess and the Little Rookie can't be evaded any longer, no matter how much Bell fights to survive a way out and protect Weine at the same time. LET THE FATED BATTLE BEGIN!

BTW, the secret passage brings a nostalgic feeling back to Season 1 when Bell didn't have any recognition, and Hestia was just a fooling-around goddess.

The Fool protecting a monster, and now the same kindness back in reciprocation, which has Ais contemplating...leading to the harrowing scene of Weine sacrificing her monster parts to be human. Truly a POWERFUL statement of emotions, and an answer justified enough.

Everything is back to where it should be: the Xenos reaching Knossos, and bidding farewell for a "happily ever after" story...BUT...

WHY, HERMES, WHY? To eradicate the Xenos to exonerate Bell? A trickster plot well played.
KANLen09Dec 12, 2020 5:43 AM
Dec 11, 2020 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Ais vs Bell...

It wasn't a long fight but definitely expected it after all the buildup this season. Wiene is back to her usual self again so that's a plus this episode. I still don't feel much about her character though.

With the season near its end, I wonder what else this anime has to show?
Dec 11, 2020 8:09 AM

Apr 2020
Bell finally confronts Ais! and It feels like a lot of people are helping Hestia Familia.

Wiene is overtaken by Tiona while helping the girl, but Bell hides Wiene into a secret passage and confronts Ais. Wiene turns back to help Bell and folds her claws and drops her wings in front of Ais
Dec 11, 2020 8:30 AM
Oct 2019
Stark700 said:
Ais vs Bell...

It wasn't a long fight but definitely expected it after all the buildup this season. Wiene is back to her usual self again so that's a plus this episode. I still don't feel much about her character though.

With the season near its end, I wonder what else this anime has to show?

get ready for the final episode

after the battle with aiz bell status got update:

LV 3:

Strength: D 577 -> A 817
Endurance: D 508 -> A 855
Dexterity:D 582 -> A 814
Agility: A 807 -> S 998
Magic: D 531 -> B 777
ithyphallic60Dec 11, 2020 8:59 AM
Dec 11, 2020 8:43 AM

Apr 2010
Things where going to well at the end so it was obvious something would go wrong.
And Hermes is finally showing his own agenda it would be interesting to see how this will turn out.

Let's hope the final episode will be nice.
Dec 11, 2020 8:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was really harsh to see Wiene tear off her claws and wing like that :( at least Ais understood... I can't wait to see the final episode, it seems to be very interesting
Dec 11, 2020 9:04 AM

Aug 2013
Hermes at the end got me interested. What's his true aim.

Bell vs Ais was short but it was nice to see.

Only one more episode to go.

Dec 11, 2020 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, watching Wiene tear off her claws and wing made me really sad but that was a pretty strong show of resolve from here. Easily the best part of the episode. Ais couldn't in her right mind stop them after that, no matter what her duty was.

Hermes, what's he planning?
Dec 11, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2017
That Wiene scene almost made me cry damn.
Dec 11, 2020 9:13 AM
Aug 2020
What the hell Hermes, are you serious? I am so confused, I really liked Hermes, I hope that there is another motive to this betreyal.

I loved the Wiene scenes, they were perfect, she carried this season all by herself.
Dec 11, 2020 9:15 AM

Feb 2019
This was def my fave Danmachi episode of all time. Bell v Ais was incredibly well done and emotionally poignant. Weine pulling her wing and claws off to show her sincerity, man that hurt to watch. Even stoic Ais was moved.

Just a damn great episode. Shoutout to JC with what they’ve done this season, definitely a bounce back from season 2. May not be a perfect adaptation, but it’s very good. Next week is gonna be fun.
Dec 11, 2020 9:33 AM

Sep 2019
The fight between Ais and Bell was good.

Even though I’m not a fan of the series, Wiene’s scene made me shed a tear.
Dec 11, 2020 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
a full sakuga episode finally huh

Bell vs Ais fight was great

and damn Hermes wanted to kill the Xenos all along?
Dec 11, 2020 9:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its just bad luck that Wine ends up encountering Tiona. Despite the risk Wiene choosing to save that girl was the right thing to do. Welf and Mikoto sure had some nice backup from Hephaistio's in the form of Tsubaki though. Its nice to see Tiona be so open minded though. Haruhime though showed some really impressive bravery in standing up to Bete like that and buying enough time for Aisha to show up. Bells fight with Ais though was impressive not only in showing his determination but also in showing how much his skills had grown as well. Wine herself has also grown a lot since her intro at the start of the series. But Man Wiene's desire to protect Bell by proving that she's not a danger to him really created quite the powerful moment. While they managed to get the xenos to safety Bell's final trial for this arc will be quite the tough one for him to overcome. But can't wait to see how this will end next week. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent action via Bell's fight with Ais with emotional moments via Wiene's desire.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2020 9:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that twist in the end! I knew something about Hermes was off from the start but he desires the demolition of the Xenos, where's that come from? Tense...

Bell v Ais was a real treat to watch, J.C. Staff really pulling through here. And then that scene of Wiene winning over Ais-san, god that was tough to watch. Didn't think she'd go on to throw the healing potion though, the creator's got to have a soft spot for Wiene xD.

Curious to see what next episode's got in store for us! It's been a pretty good season so far and here's to hoping the next episode will seal that.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 11, 2020 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
This weeks episode Wiene showed a lot of courage and resolve that Tiona and even Ais let down their weapons. Great job Wiene!

Ais vs Bell. This was my most anticipated fight in the series. Glad to see that whatever was hold Ais back from letting Wiene go was thrown out the window after Wiene showed her massive amounts of resolve.

WAIT HOLD UP?! THE BOOK IS FAKE?! DAMN YOU HERMES! Well that was one interesting cliff hanger. Now I have to wait a whole week to find out why Hermes did this smh. Onto the finale!
Dec 11, 2020 10:01 AM

Apr 2020
Wow, this episode was amazing.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Dec 11, 2020 10:09 AM

Apr 2020
The battle continues as our crew face off with the Loki familia in order to save the Xenos. Wiene is fortunate because Tiona saw her saving a child. Aisha face off with our lovely OP Bete (and I already know what the result of that will be). And the long-awaited official battle between Aiz and Bell.

Many things considerable happened during this episode, especially the scene where Wiene teared off her nails and wing to show that she is friendly and will always stay at Bell. Aiz with no words to speak of let's our vouvire free.

At the end, Hestia found something shocking from the notebook and Hermes once again with his dirty tricks out of nowhere decides to fight off the monsters that are now trapped in the pathway. If he thinks he want to repeat the same thing that he did in Season 1, the consequences of this will be more unforgiving if he lose. Coz, what the hell man, things are going good for once and then you'll ruin it.
Dec 11, 2020 10:16 AM
Feb 2018
First season. Bell is a rookie who has his moments from time to time.
Second season. Bell is being bent over from episode to episode and saved by someone or becoming Martin Stu.
Third season. Bell is being completely useless, being bent over and over again, rest of time he's being wimpy weeper.
Awesome progression. And progression is important in a series with RPG elements.
Dec 11, 2020 10:42 AM
Nov 2020
nashe nashe nashee muyyyy picado mejoro el nivel mucho con esta temporada
Dec 11, 2020 10:53 AM

Jun 2010
To those thinking Hermes is just some villian wanting to kill the Xenos for no reason, without spoilers, I will say this: He has a reason for wanting to kill them that is deeper than just, "Monsters bad, humans good." Hermes doesn't actually want to kill them, he wants something else.

If you want the spoiler version:
Dec 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Jun 2015
Magnificent. I wasn't sure how the bro down would go between walenwatis and mc but it ticked all the boxes on epic level story.

As a side note, I noticed it in last eps but didn't mention it, but i felt it again this eps. The sound score carried a little bit of the The Last of the Mohicans film vibe. If you never watched it, an amazing film,and I recommend you watch it, and also consider this a no spoiler as its from 1992. While characters are charging across the cliff face trying to get to another person there is music playing to the scene and its emotional and these last two eps brought back that memory.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 11, 2020 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
The ending was interesting. I wonder about the true intention of Hermes.
Dec 11, 2020 11:35 AM
Oct 2018
Shed a tear when she ripped her claws off and wing after what Ais told her.
Dec 11, 2020 12:01 PM

Nov 2014
Ais fights were great. Wiene coming back was a bit cheesy but not that bad.
Wtf is Hermes planning? I really doubt he is a bad guy...
Dec 11, 2020 12:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Didn't really like Wiene until this episode. That resolve and self sacrifice was very moving and shows she's really grown.
A shame that Ais and Bell had to fight. It seemed to me that she was still holding back quite a bit and Bell has to get a lot stronger if he ever wants to best her.

Hermes the master schemer stirring more shit there at the end. Poor Xenos, I wonder how they'll end up now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2020 12:11 PM
Jul 2019
I almost burst into tears, and what was Hermes' real purpose?
Dec 11, 2020 12:34 PM

Feb 2014
The tension of this episode was crazy, and one that I feel that J.C Staff did a great job overall. =)

Tiona deserves a good amount of praise. Thanks to her being naturally open-minded, after witnessing Wiene saving a girl from getting crushed from a falling bridge, when she did corner Wiene, she decided to let her go without any fuss. I've always liked her since season one due to her laidback personality and, personally, how I find her sexier than Tione, but after this episode, she's probably my favourite character from the Loki familia as a whole. XD

However, that didn't stop the inevitable encounter between Ais and Bell, which resulted in two short, but well animated fights, with Bell, predictably, struggling to keep up with her, although he did well to block most of her attacks and was able to get a hit on her during their second fight.

What surprised me was how Wiene decided to go back to Bell and showcased her absolute resolve in protecting him and even self sacrificing herself which left both Bell and Ais shocked and speechless. Her move was enough for Ais to give up on her mission and was kind enough to give Bell a potion to help Wiene recover from her injuries.

Sadly, this episode wouldn't end on a happy note, as Hermes reveals his intentions to the Xenos group when they reached a dead end underground. A good cliffhanger to end this episode, indeed, although I'm conflicted about if this is all part of another scheme of Hermes with another main goal in mind or not. Hopefully the last episode of this season will reveal that answer, so go save them again, Bell!
Dec 11, 2020 1:04 PM

Jan 2008
Hermes you bastard.

Weine ripping off parts of herself was really hard to watch.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 11, 2020 1:18 PM

Jun 2020
Aight what a fucking banger, bumpin this to a mental rating of 8 over from 7. What the fuck, how do they manage to use the perfect OSTs at the perfect time, don't they know it's my kink? Hermes, I swear to God, when the dude said "I have a request" I was like don't say some edgy ass shit like "Please die" and holy shit the dude did it, what the fuck Hermes I actually liked you, you fucking lying ass whore. Wiene ripping off her nails and wing was fucking tough to watch.
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 11, 2020 1:20 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Bell put up a decent fight against Ais, but he still was no match for her.

Only one episode left.
Dec 11, 2020 1:35 PM

Apr 2020
I wish the fight between Bell and Ais was longer. Also what was the point of Hermes' familia helping the Xenos when he wants them to die at the end smh
Dec 11, 2020 1:40 PM

Jun 2017
I expected more resistance from Ais but she changed her mind pretty fast once Wiene started ripping off some body parts. That was brutal.

Hermes up to no good again.
Dec 11, 2020 2:11 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, the moment Wiene pulled off her claws and wing... That's some determination to show Ais what it means to her to stay with Bell-kun. That was quite powerful, so powerful even Ais had to lower her sword. After Tia, another one has understood what Bell is fighting for.

Hermes intentions are interesting, what a cliffhanger.
Dec 11, 2020 2:49 PM

Dec 2019
What a superb episode, the animation, ost and ofc the scene with wiene, this is for sure one of danmachi's best episodes period. My one issue is with Aisha vs Bete, it seemed like a lot of build up with Haruhime for nothing, even just showing more of the fight would've made it less jarring instead of just cutting to Aisha on the floor.
Dec 11, 2020 3:15 PM
Nov 2016
With a title like "Argonaut - Hero's Return" the next episode is going to be epic.
Dec 11, 2020 4:34 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like I'm not the only one who hates Hermes, it's really full of drama. It looks like the princess is waiting for the prince, what a cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 11, 2020 5:10 PM

Sep 2014
Wow that was .. dark. Wiener had to rip out her fingernails and a wing but she managed to convince Ais.

Also evil Hermis? Thats certainly a twist.

I wasnt the biggest fan back at season 1 but I really like it now. My standards probably dropped after years of seasonals
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 11, 2020 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
Ais vs Bell was probably the 2nd or 3rd best fight in the series so far imo. The music was on point. If it was a little longer it would have been #1 but honestly nothing has come close to the Minotaur fight from season 1 IMO.

Great episode though! I think Ais will have a solid reality check after this which will be good character development for her. I just wonder what her and Bell's relationship will be after all this blows over.

Hermes has plans dude has to, I doubt he's going full heel mode. If he does that would be CRAZY! But he likes Bell to much for anything to happen to Xenos.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 11, 2020 5:31 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
SoraSenpai said:
Ais vs Bell was probably the 2nd or 3rd best fight in the series so far IMO. The music was on point. If it was a little longer it would have been #1 but honestly, nothing has come close to the Minotaur fight from season 1 IMO.

Hopefully, the next episode will fix that for you.
IF ep12 is the last and we won't be getting an ep13.
Dec 11, 2020 5:35 PM
Sep 2016
Diamond_Sel said:
What a superb episode, the animation, ost and ofc the scene with wiene, this is for sure one of danmachi's best episodes period. My one issue is with Aisha vs Bete, it seemed like a lot of build up with Haruhime for nothing, even just showing more of the fight would've made it less jarring instead of just cutting to Aisha on the floor.

The Aisha and Ryuu fight are offscreen even in main series LN, as they are shown in Sword Oratoria from Loki Familia's perspective. This being a main series anime means they will be skipped, time is also an issue as there is only one episode left. Would have been nice if JC made 13 episodes and added those fights (as we all know SO wont have a second season)
Dec 11, 2020 5:37 PM
Jul 2017
If this episode was a game of amung us.

Hermes was the impostor
Dec 11, 2020 5:57 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty hyped for the next episode with that title shown at the end, hopefully Bell goes all out
Dec 11, 2020 7:08 PM

Mar 2020
You weren't stupid Tiona, you were just fair. Finally, we have the Ais vs Bell fight, obviously Ais was holding on but even so Bell still held out a lot. About that scene of Wiene, I didn't expect her to mutilate herself to prove that she was harmless, it shows how much she has changed. And this post-credit scene, Hermes always ready, even Fels was surprised.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 11, 2020 7:10 PM

Feb 2014
Damn Hermes gave the chills at the end but the spoiler section in this post cleared it up as to why XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 11, 2020 7:56 PM

Mar 2020
Ais vs Bell, finally. I was expecting this fight from the start cause of the opening xD. honestly well animated fight. Bell has definitely improved however Ais still remains on top overpowering Bell.

Finally...Bell got out the words I've always wanted someone to say. Your sword kills monsters who have feelings and emotions and monsters do the same so are you really much different then monsters? Not the exact words that came out of Bell's mouth though.

The scene where Wiene broke her nails and tore off her wings...it that was painful to watch yet such a powerful moment to watch.

Hermes...what you up to?

Good episode :)
Dec 11, 2020 7:56 PM
Nov 2016
My prediction about Hermes: Just like in Season 1, Hermes is doing that with the Xenos in order to test and improve Bell.
Dec 11, 2020 8:05 PM

Sep 2020
Good episode. A little sad and disappointed that they "nerfed" the Ais vs Bell fight and changed one thing and the other. But still, I understand they had to change some stuff because they skipped some chapters or even volumes from the LN.
That aside, it was a good episode.
Also, Hermes you bastard!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Dec 11, 2020 11:36 PM
Feb 2018
i agree with ais, monster live with monster, human with human
wiene has monster family and she says that she is alone without bell, wtf??

btw wiene plot armor is so thick
Dec 11, 2020 11:51 PM
Jul 2019
Ah shit, why'd you have to do that Wiene? That was cringe-inducing. I know the pain of getting your nail ripped off, why'd you have to remove all of it?! Jesus Christ.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

119 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.