Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2020 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This Miyako girl is just full of energy. We got an episode of the characters getting to know each other more. I find this episode more amusing than the first one with the comedy and even that Claudia pose.

Aerial combat is kind of what I had expected again. Claudia sure knows how to make an impression.
Oct 10, 2020 9:34 AM
May 2015
What is up with A-1 Pictures and their movie-like quality ending animation? First, the Kaguya-sama's ED 1 and 2 and now this? That was so f*cking good and it actually made me tear up a little bit.

Anyways, I liked that episode. Some nice development between the characters, especially for Claudia. Although, nothing much happened, aside from that post-credit scene but I ain't spoiling it.

This is seriously lowkey becoming one of my favourite anime of the season though.
4/5

Marinate1016 said:
Dude, this is getting ridiculous at this point. Between the PS4 app constantly crashing and showing a black screen when I open it, and videos not being uploaded on time, I'm questioning why I even pay 80 bucks for Funimation. Been waiting 30 mins for sigdrifa and it’s still not playing.
This is why I don't watch episode premieres from Funimation. Half the time, it works but half the time, it doesn't. After 5 mins of trying, I just gave up and watched it on some illegal streaming site.

I've also been questioning myself for over 2 years now why I still pay yearly for Funimation but every year, I just somehow give in and renew my subscription for another year lol.
jc9622Oct 10, 2020 10:12 AM

Oct 10, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
The base sure knows how to part hard lol.

The girls small party ended up getting interrupted because of an enemy. Of course, they were able to defeat the enemy this time. Azuzu really is a genius.

Claudia's pose as part of her introduction was funny. First impression really is important. XD

Oct 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Feb 2019
I’m really excited to see what Tappei sensei has in store for us with Sigururi. While everything is cutesy on the outside, you just have that feeling that something will go wrong and there’ll be a dark twist at some point. Odin’s foreboding at the end of the episode points to that as well. But for rn, I’m really enjoying the chemistry and bonding between the girls. This episode went by so quick, would’ve liked a little more of the girls just vibing around the base.

Can’t wait for next week. Also ordered the prequel LN’s for my bday so excited to read those. My second fave show of the season :)
Oct 10, 2020 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, really enjoying this.

Miyako and her energy never fails to brighten the mood. As she says, Happy is best, happy is life. Loving her and all her moments with the cast, super fun and amusing to watch.

I wanted to see the rest of Claudia's introduction. :(

The action sequence was good, dynamic and exciting to watch. Though our finish this time was more clinical compared to Miyako just straight up going up close and personal with the Katana that time. I wonder what kind of finish will top that.

The final scene with Miyako and Claudia was whole especially when Azuzu and Sonoka and Claudia said she was looking forward to working with them and the quirky bunch at the base.

The ED was incredible, great editing there and the song was beautiful.
Oct 10, 2020 10:36 AM

Feb 2017
Claudia almost did a Megumin
Oct 10, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
Teeaaam work is keeeey. Though I bet that's gonna get tense later on in the show.
Oct 10, 2020 10:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that after hearing about it that Claudia really did get the chance to visit Japan. Though the impression that the base personal give sure is rather lacking of the high ideas that her father spoke off. Pretty cute opening. Thats such a nice little garden that the base has. Sounds like the welcome party was quite the interesting one. Miyako though never seems to lose that positive spirit of hers. The intro's of the girls though sure was fun. The op name though sure was as wacky as ever. Still as crazy as the plan was its nice to see it actually work. Pretty creative using coolant to freeze the cone and stop its shield before going in for the kill. Though interrupted by the scramble in the end its nice that Claudia was able to light the embers of friendship with her new comrades. Overall a decent ep that did well to formally introduce the girls while also showing the kind of crazy tactics that the girls seemed famed for. Looking forward to seeing how Claudia will get on with them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2020 12:30 PM

Mar 2020
There still hasn't been a story carved into this show. All I'm seeing is 4 cute girls exploding pillars. not to say I didn't enjoy it but I hope some sort of story will start developing.
Oct 10, 2020 1:09 PM

Jan 2020
Ehh, I’m just not feeling this show. The characters are meh and the action is pretty average. I thought an aerial combat show would be a lot more entertaining, but I’ve been kinda of bored so far. It might move on from this “monster of the week” format, but I don’t think I’ll be able to stick around till then.
Oct 10, 2020 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
Now this episode was more to my liking, would consider myself even kinda sold. Better vibe and the character quirks and interactions were hella fun.

Miyako, Azuzu and Sonoka are all adorable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2020 1:21 PM
Nov 2019
That cliffhanger made me excited for the next episode, I hope it'll be something like madoka ep 3.
That ending was very beautiful.
Oct 10, 2020 1:38 PM

Sep 2019
They fought a monster and won, this episode didn’t have much difference from the 1st one. Odin can make this show more enjoyable, I’m waiting for that moment.
Oct 10, 2020 1:43 PM

Feb 2020
There are so many red flags... I mean, it is going way too well, especially considering who wrote this story.
And of course that post-credit scene came to confirm it.. I don't really know what to think of all this yet. I hope whatever happens will actually have a real purpose in the characters' development. It can be very good just like it can be very uninteresting.
Oct 10, 2020 1:48 PM

May 2020
I just want one thing... Please god let us protect the smiles of our four girls.
Oct 10, 2020 1:52 PM

Apr 2019
at least it's better than the first episode, interactions still make me cringe though.

Oct 10, 2020 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
Well this was disappointing. Super rushed pacing and cringy writing and characters for the most part. At least the soundtrack is good? I really hope things pick up soon. The whole Norse Mythology and cute girls flying historic planes is my kinda thing, but so far it just isn't working...
Oct 10, 2020 2:46 PM

Sep 2019
Another great episode. Visuals were great once again, action scenes and ost are really nice. Seems like the setup/character intros are all done. Hopefully next episode we see some more worldbuilding and get more info on the pillars and Odin.
Oct 10, 2020 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
“FIRE !!” Man Miko is so energetic, I already love her too!

Claudia trying to introduce herself with that awkward pose was so cute <3

Op and ed are pretty good too.
Oct 10, 2020 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
Good episode!

Miyako is such a hyper and energetic character, gotta love her high spirit. The introduction part was pretty funny, Claudia should be happy she didn't finish what she was gonna say with that pose, that looked hella embarrassing XD

Great action and animation again. Really liking the aerial fights here.
Oct 10, 2020 5:27 PM

Jun 2017
I am getting strong Evangelion vibes with just them randomly killing these angels pillars. Some explanation would be nice. I also don't get why they become a tree when killed lol.

Anyway knowing Tappei this could go from 0 to 100 real quick so I am trying not to get attached to anyone but it's hard....

Claudia almost pulled a Subaru like introduction, I dig these easter eggs. (also the whale like pillar from ep 1 was a lot like the white whale too)
Oct 10, 2020 6:45 PM

Jun 2019
Well it looks like it is going to be a pretty typical action/magical girl anime with the only fresh part being the premise. It doesn’t look like there will be much risks or stakes involved and it will prioritize characters over plot. Not the worst thing in the world, but for that I need to really enjoy the characters. Right now I just find them to be pretty standard.
Oct 10, 2020 9:06 PM

Apr 2008
EightSeven said:
Ehh, I’m just not feeling this show. The characters are meh and the action is pretty average. I thought an aerial combat show would be a lot more entertaining, but I’ve been kinda of bored so far. It might move on from this “monster of the week” format, but I don’t think I’ll be able to stick around till then.

Same feeling here. We've clearly already abandoned the grim reaper thing, so the only point of interest is whatever the ending is hinting at. I've been tugged through boring shows waiting for the twist too many times, though.
Oct 10, 2020 9:08 PM

Oct 2020
Another awesome episode.Even better than the first one.Happy to see Claudia's smile.

It seems that exquisite ED hides some information and that really makes me curious.

Next Sunday please come soon!
[/url]
Oct 10, 2020 10:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, well. Its supposed to be their introductional part again. Claudia such a clumpsy girl with her weird style at the beginning. While Miyako just the typical energetic and a sweet heart girl, Azuzu the typical arrogance, but overloaded with cuteness on her behaviour, and Sonoka, she really loves to teased her teammates. Lol.

Its glad to see Claudia finally getting attached and have a well welcomed on her new base. The kindness and heart-warming level of them felt strong on there! I hope there was nothing really bad happen on her new homeland, like her epithet previously. Because its really suck, and i don't want it to get worst. Well, thats party flashback seemed funny. Such a shame, i don't get a full screen time at their fun party, especially with the quartet Valkirie lone party. Well, as an overall this was simply relaxing. More additional characterization for all of the girls were nice too.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 11, 2020 1:05 AM
Oct 2012
still not explaining why must old aircraft used beside the modern aircraft,and not much change with eps 1,one good thing in this episode is that good,very good ED and nice OST.and their dialogue improved alot than eps 1,but dialogue seem too much influenced the gup dialogue,moslt enjoy this eps than eps 1,but still i can't bear the fight scene torture,its still too cringe
Oct 11, 2020 1:09 AM
Oct 2012
MomoSinX said:
I am getting strong Evangelion vibes with just them randomly killing these angels pillars. Some explanation would be nice. I also don't get why they become a tree when killed lol.

Anyway knowing Tappei this could go from 0 to 100 real quick so I am trying not to get attached to anyone but it's hard....

Claudia almost pulled a Subaru like introduction, I dig these easter eggs. (also the whale like pillar from ep 1 was a lot like the white whale too)

did you watch different show or what hahaha
Oct 11, 2020 1:24 AM

Jun 2020
fuckinmyname said:
still not explaining why must old aircraft used beside the modern aircraft,and not much change with eps 1,one good thing in this episode is that good,very good ED and nice OST.and their dialogue improved alot than eps 1,but dialogue seem too much influenced the gup dialogue,moslt enjoy this eps than eps 1,but still i can't bear the fight scene torture,its still too cringe
fuckinmyname said:

It is explained. these old aircraft are gifts from the gods (Odin most likely)
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Oct 11, 2020 1:33 AM
Oct 2012
BromWalar said:
fuckinmyname said:
fuckinmyname said:

its not,i mean why must choose the old one not the modern one,or i just missed a certain moment that the god is say he choose/gift it,or the valkyrie choose their own aircraft

the only clear thing is viewer guessing that aircraft is special,but it is not certain
Oct 11, 2020 1:41 AM

Jun 2019
The base is super cool IMO. Miyako is so energetic and adorable. lol
Ok episode.
Oct 11, 2020 2:01 AM

Sep 2014
fuckinmyname said:
BromWalar said:

its not,i mean why must choose the old one not the modern one,or i just missed a certain moment that the god is say he choose/gift it,or the valkyrie choose their own aircraft

the only clear thing is viewer guessing that aircraft is special,but it is not certain

So far it looks like it's because they look "cool" against modern aircrafts (and may be easy to differentiate), but I hope there is some true reasons behind.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Oct 11, 2020 2:23 AM
Oct 2012
joexmdq said:
fuckinmyname said:

So far it looks like it's because they look "cool" against modern aircrafts (and may be easy to differentiate), but I hope there is some true reasons behind.

for me its not cool at all,since they destroy the romance of military thing,with put a old and completely underpower aircraft in literaly 2025,the reason behind it its the "god" is edge kid,or just the writer is dont know what a cute aircraft that make this show more appealing,then they just put a random aircraft in the show,the only thing make me okay is the rest three aircraft beside claudia,and modern aircraft is easy to differentiate too since theres have many type of those aircraft

if i want to put three example is kotobuki with old aircraft because they got that technology from gate that open so random and rarely,second gup they use ww2 tank and older because the competition regulation,then haifuri if im not wrong they use older one because they still in training or what(im bit not remember),but in this anime its not make any sense
Oct 11, 2020 3:40 AM

Jan 2016
WTF this is great! Sasuga Teppe!

The ending was beautiful but ominous asf!
Oct 11, 2020 3:44 AM

Jun 2020
fuckinmyname said:
BromWalar said:

No guessing, you missed it. In this episode, it was said that they are gifts from the gods. I think the main chick said it to the white haired one - I might be mistaken - but it was there when the white haired girl said she tuned her aircraft. Also, you did not see those wings from that fighter that the MC has? It is not just regular aircraft that was found in some museum.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Oct 11, 2020 4:47 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode, I really liked the first half since it was just pure fun. Goddamnit pillars you picked the wrong time to attack, we got robbed of some juicy Claudia introduction.

I really like the 4 main girls though they all complement each other really well. Fuck Odin, hopefully none of the 4 fucking dies i'd be sad as shit.

Animation was awesome though, and that ED was beautiful like really really beautiful.
Oct 11, 2020 4:58 AM

Apr 2020
Claudy's preconception of Japan is a nation with brave, proud mens and lovely ideal womens. Seems like a great country where Claudia can be proud servicing. Then the episode starts with many mens and females alike drunk on the floor after a rowdy party... a n y w a y s.

This episode is once again graced with some good aerial combat animations. "Sneaky Eel Plan" is a name we shall not try again, ok? After the battle, the pillar turned into a giant tree crushing the structure in that island. Let me tell you, that tree in the middle of the water is a good view in that 2d universe. And that ED with those great animation, tho a little bit bright. Claudia in the early 20th century Europe, and I adored those Great War references.
Oct 11, 2020 5:35 AM

Dec 2019
the ed theme is stunning, also that after credits scene has me intrigued
Oct 11, 2020 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
Wow episode 2 is actually good.
Keep this up, and with some push we might actually this series out of the 6s. Definitely won't deserve being here, if the quality keeps improving.
Revvie-chanOct 11, 2020 1:17 PM
Oct 11, 2020 1:04 PM
Jan 2017
The premiere felt a bit too slow and predictable for me, so I'm glad to see tha things slowly picked up in this episode. While Claudia's interactions with her new teammates felt a bit too clichéd and weren't anything beyond standard cutesy girl stuff, I was able to appreciate them for at least trying to get me to care for the characters. I also enjoyed the action setpiece, in which the girls realized they couldn't barge into the battlefield guns blazing and needed to perform unorthodox strategies in order to win. Warlords of Sigrdrifa isn't really doing anything new and original, but for now, I'm enjoying it and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Oct 11, 2020 5:54 PM
Shōjo Specialist

Oct 2014
The ED almost brought me to tears. That was a very powerful animation mixed with just the righ ED song.

That H-60 crew threw all kinds of doom flags. I was expecting certain death.

Great episode and a bit of intrigue at the end.

Can’t wait till next week.
Oct 11, 2020 6:03 PM

Nov 2013
Miyako is a good contender for best new girl of the season (along with Elaina and Syalis) :D
so at least 3 of my next signature spots are already taken lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Oct 11, 2020 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
still decent no idea where it plans to go, that ED kinda stole the episode for me had some serious world war themes while looking on par visually to that of kyoani .

Oct 11, 2020 8:42 PM

Jul 2017
That was... an episode. After a near 1 hour premiere to try and build a fascinating story and hype, this episode just existed for me sadly.
Oct 11, 2020 10:36 PM

Sep 2014
fuckinmyname said:
joexmdq said:

for me its not cool at all,since they destroy the romance of military thing,with put a old and completely underpower aircraft in literaly 2025,the reason behind it its the "god" is edge kid,or just the writer is dont know what a cute aircraft that make this show more appealing,then they just put a random aircraft in the show,the only thing make me okay is the rest three aircraft beside claudia,and modern aircraft is easy to differentiate too since theres have many type of those aircraft

Oh, I don't think they look cool neither (I was giving my thought about the reasoning), specially if you choose an older plane without reason having more powerful modern alternatives. At least give us some excuse, maybe maneuverability or whatever. Nothing against older planes, but they have to fit with the context.

BromWalar said:
fuckinmyname said:

No guessing, you missed it. In this episode, it was said that they are gifts from the gods. I think the main chick said it to the white haired one - I might be mistaken - but it was there when the white haired girl said she tuned her aircraft. Also, you did not see those wings from that fighter that the MC has? It is not just regular aircraft that was found in some museum.

Still doesn't explain why those must be old aircrafts instead of modern ones. What reason the gods have to gif them with WW2 or older planes?
We know those are not normal planes, but we want to know the reason to pick specifically those.
joexmdqOct 11, 2020 10:43 PM
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Oct 12, 2020 1:28 AM

Jun 2020
joexmdq said:
fuckinmyname said:

Oh, I don't think they look cool neither (I was giving my thought about the reasoning), specially if you choose an older plane without reason having more powerful modern alternatives. At least give us some excuse, maybe maneuverability or whatever. Nothing against older planes, but they have to fit with the context.

BromWalar said:

Still doesn't explain why those must be old aircrafts instead of modern ones. What reason the gods have to gif them with WW2 or older planes?
We know those are not normal planes, but we want to know the reason to pick specifically those.
joexmdq said:
fuckinmyname said:

BromWalar said:

Maybe those are the only aircrafts that went to Valhalla with their pilots and Odin has only access to those. Otherwise... so you can differentiate the heroines from other characters (that is a techncal explanation). Still there might me some explanation later.
Oct 12, 2020 3:04 AM

Oct 2017
That was a cool way of dealing with that monster. Also things are quite calm for now, maybe the calm before the storm.
Oct 12, 2020 3:14 AM
Apr 2020
That emergency surely saved Claudia from embarrassment, and that kill is a much better way to introduce herself. lol

Nice teamwork!

Oct 12, 2020 3:40 AM

Sep 2020
The Ed was more entertaining to watch than the entire episode. It's been really weak so far, predictable, lolis flying old fashioned aircrafts ! Maybe it'll pick up with some twists and turns
Oct 12, 2020 9:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Loving the character interactions between the characters. Seeing the score close to only a 6.5 is kind of baffling to me but well, what gives?

ED though, damn the quality is insane! A-1 Pictures have definitely started to up the quality of the EDs.

Looks like the "God" is up to something though...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 13, 2020 12:07 AM

Oct 2007
ok, still good and watchable. Miyako is helping keep me interested..

I like how they took down the monster of the week.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

119 by Flores2412 »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

67 by Lolicon »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:11 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

63 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.