Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The stereotypical fight of gods: Odin vs. Tateyama Base. IT'S ALL OR NOTHING! And just like Digimon Adventure (2020), adding the SFX to commemorate the beginning of a new start.

Even up till this moment, the angsty god thought he'd prepared Claudia for the worst, but her immediate revolt shows the change of her heart, that resonates with all other Valkyries. Self-control, not affliction, is the break of illusions.

The god that stands above all else, finally accepting his defeat against the Tateyama Valkyries while in tremor, and the time of Ragnarok is finally over with everyone coming back alive, breaking the "Grim Reaper" curse.

Massive tributes to the 3-man macho Shield Squadron for committing your lives till the very end. WE SALUTE YOU.

This show started off strong, and ended strong. Too bad everything else in-between was side cheddar. No more "Return by Death", that's for sure!
KANLen09Dec 26, 2020 8:34 PM
Dec 26, 2020 6:59 AM

Mar 2019
She destroyed the pillar! Odin ened up sacrifying it self though.
Very epic ending, rest in piece muscle guys, even if you looked like the guy who wanted to stab me in Cergy Pontoise... Looks like the drawings my daughter did, she was very bad at it
I cried in office it was too intense
Dec 26, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2020
Shigururi has reached the final episode, but honestly there were many parts that I did not understand well, However, Sonoka-chan's cuteness is absolutely unwavering!

Azu's words and direction were really cool, but in the end Odin was lonely as to what he wanted to do..
Dec 26, 2020 8:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That kind of end was to expect but well the girls definitely deserved it, nice job
Dec 26, 2020 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
It seemed like A-1 put 80 percent of the episode budget into that 2 minute sequence between Azu and Odin lol. Very fluid animation.

Final episode went just how I expected. In terms of enjoyment, Sigururi was definitely a 10 for me. But the story being so predictable and mediocre prevents me from giving it a flat out 10. It just never reached the heights we were expecting given the talent behind this project. Tappei-Sensei teased us with so many death flags. While I’m glad the girls all came out ok because I love them all, it makes you wonder why he did that..

The shield squadron were the real MVPs of the show, was really sad to see them go. Their antics were great.

Going to miss watching Sigururi on Saturdays 😔
Dec 26, 2020 8:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And its time for the final fight against Odin. Its heartening to see that the girls are unfazed when fighting against the resurrected named. The dual between Claudia and Odin was one that was long time coming but was done pretty well here. The insert song really matched the songs excellently. Though it pained her Claudia did well in facing down and taking down Odin. Miyako's timely breach and strike on the core though sure was fun and dramatic. In the end powerful as he was Odin underestimated the determination of both his daughters and humanity in their desire to recapture the peace that the pillars had taken from them. Though close the girls really pulled off an excellent victory. Though the struggle against the remaining pillars will be hard its nice to see that the wing is getting reinforcements. Overall a decent finale that managed to end the series on a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2020 8:33 AM

Feb 2020
We have two new members, that's nice~
Good ending,I enjoy this anime.
7/10 for me!
Dec 26, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
An amazing series and great ending. Great animation and exchanges in the whole final fight.
We lost some big heroes, they made this series so much fun and now they literally saved the whole thing. You guys will always be remembered, thanks for being part of the base.

7.5/10
Dec 26, 2020 8:44 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
DAAAAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

from best girl<33333
Dec 26, 2020 8:45 AM

Nov 2016
Shield Squadron were some great dudes, made this episode for me.

6/10

Was a fine watch

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2020 8:45 AM

Dec 2010
Felt bad for Odin, he was actually a good guy. The swimsuit and bath episodes are still the best this series has to offer. 7/10
Dec 26, 2020 8:49 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, them shots of Azu in the middle of an intense scene. Very distracting. xD
Odin was just too lonely. :(

I'm glad it wrapped nicely with a good ending. Battle sequence were cool especially Miyako Hero cannoning Zeus and jumping off the plane with the Katana, can't get enough of those.

Loved the part where the captain said, victory for humanity!

Overall, I liked this. The girls were great, the guys were hilarious most of the time, Miyako was an absolute delight. Loved all the light hearted moments and the action sequences were great too. Love the OST too, the story wasn't the greatest thing out there but at least it ended nicely.

7/10
Dec 26, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
What a nice ending, for a nice/decent series. Enjoyed it from the long ep one, till it's final here.
Gonna miss the cast for sure.
Dec 26, 2020 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
RIP the baka trio, why those guys had to die damn it I really liked them.

The battle is over and our girls won. No one died this time fortunately. I mean bruh most of the valkyries already died in the previous fight so I'm glad that none died in this fight.

Decent anime, I liked the concept and the girls. Was a fun watch, OP/ED were really good too.
Dec 26, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2020
RIP to the 3 best boys in the Shield Squadron. They were my favorites in this series.

The show started and ended strong. I just wish everything in between was a little better.
Dec 26, 2020 9:54 AM

Sep 2019
It was a good ending but the bros died :(

The animation and sound effects were great. Story was bad. The girls were so cute and they were my favorite part of this show. I loved the fanservice, they knew why most of us were watching it and they gave us what we wanted. It could've been better if it had a good story.

6/10
Dec 26, 2020 10:23 AM
Mar 2019
A good anime an history

Best OST

i know its so difficult but this character are so good to create another story
Dec 26, 2020 10:47 AM

Mar 2020
Pretty nice how they hand drew this part only for 7 seconds.

You can tell all of the animation went into the last episode and the opening has sound!! That caught my attention.
kioalneDec 26, 2020 6:53 PM
Dec 26, 2020 11:11 AM

Sep 2019
Odin and Claudia's part was the best. RIP Odin, he only wanted to be with his family.
Dec 26, 2020 11:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn it, why did the Shield Squadron have to die? I could smell it from a mile away though but I was just dearly hoping not at the same time. But well, they really went with a bang!

Some of the action sequences including in the aforementioned moments and the fluidity in the conversation b/w Odin and Azuzu in particular were fantastic! Also, the black and white frames to emphasise on Claudy and Odin’s scene was brilliant.

A-1 Pictures are definitely on the top of their game for these couple of years or so and I can’t wait to see 86 with quality animation like this too!

Guess I’m jumping the gun here a little, lol. Commander showing a bit more of his carefree side was a nice little treat. Always a fan of these kind of characters, especially more so when voiced by Hirata Hiroaki-san.

All in all, it was a fine anime. Started off decently and perhaps kind of veered a little too deep into the second priority aspects lol. Some standout and glorious animation clips though, always a pleasure to have them around xD.

Op/ED and the Soundtracks were pretty cool as well. Added sound effects to this episode’s Op made it even better! I’m always open for these little modifications at crucial times to heighten experiences, you see.

Odin’s character though, it’s a mixed bag for me as well.

Welp, what’s done is done. Thanks to all the people who worked behind the scenes to make this a reality! We’ll be seeing Nagatsuki-Sensei next season in Re:Zero S2 P2 and that’ll definitely be the more hype-worthy show to look forward to.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 26, 2020 11:55 AM

Jun 2017
Loved this series but it kinda got the Assault Lily ending treatment. Great world setup with good characters but no actual story was told. Fanservice was god tier at least. 7/10
Dec 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Feb 2020
Okay, thought this was JoJos for a second, when they added those sound effects to the opening sequence. Made it pop out quite a lot, almost draining the actual song haha.

Epic final fight. Saw some resolution between Odin and Claudia, ending their story at that. Really thought Claudia died for a sec, especially when Odin was just about to blast her. I also really liked the animation fluidity with the girls & Odin's encounter, simply adding that extra animation on Azuzu made her feelings reach out a lot more.

RIP to the Shield Squadron. Truly legends, and cultured men of this series. Their sacrifices will not be in vain!

This series was quite the airshow. Really appreciated the story line for the characters, and liked how detailed they went into them. Sadly was quite disappointed about there not being enough dark themes, but that is okay. Characters were also pleasing to see in action and in the series in general, and liked everyone's involvement in the big scheme. Animation and sound quality are top tier as expected from A-1 Pictures.
Dec 26, 2020 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
The Shield Squadron will surely be missed. RIP legends. :(

I don't know whether I should feel sorry for Odin after this episode. He just suffered from loneliness.
The scene with him and Azu was really amazing. She in the end took the responsibility of shooting him. Whether he is dead or not is something I don't know.

Anyway, this was a great watch. It started strong and ended on a strong note. Definitely going to miss this one. 7/10.

Dec 26, 2020 1:31 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Shield Squadron.......rip, really good guys.
Overall it was a fun watch.
7/10.
Dec 26, 2020 1:43 PM

Apr 2015
RIP Shield Squadron :( You guys were legends the whole way through and I will never forget. Keep on clapping those cheeks!

Final battle was quite intense. Really nice moments during this battle, personal highlight is Azu getting inside the tree and confronting Odin, to finish it by shooting him with her plane.

Overall a pretty solid show, I really loved the animation of all the flight battles, really impressed with them. The fanservice was god tier, bath scenes were great, but that one episode with everyone in swimsuits was something else. Probably one of my favorite episodes of the year.

Clappity Clap/10, Will miss these girls!
Dec 26, 2020 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
Oof... Didn't really like a single episode of this show.
Dec 26, 2020 2:52 PM
Jun 2020
YO THEY ADDED SOUND EFFECTS TO THE OP??
Dec 26, 2020 4:17 PM
Jan 2017
Warlords of Sigrdrifa comes to an end with yet another fine episode! The Valkyries risk it all in one final battle against Odin and Thor and we get an incredible episode to end the series on a high note. This episode had the difficult task of both concluding several character arcs and ending the main story and while I liked the outcome, I feel that the episode moved at a bit of a breakneck pace and barely gave me time to breath. I did like the happy ending and that the main characters came out of this battle stronger than they were before.

While this show wasn't off to a good start, it gradually improved over the course of the season and it definitely ended on its strongest note. Goodbye, Warlords of Sigrdrifa, you will never be forgotten.
Dec 26, 2020 4:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, pretty sure the girls just won over Odin. I mean, you've got to be kidding me, God of the Gods from North? You must be never underestimated the power of a cute girls, until the very end!
However, man, there were always be a sacrifices. Thats the trio idiots those whose became a real shield for their angel. RIP.
And that double loli joined the teams too! Guess the happiness really became a reality after what happened before. Nice!

I make this simple, cause the final episode was very simple too, based on everything so far:
Story: 5 (lots of nonsense, lot of joke. But it can manage to be enjoyable, and laughable, at least for me)
Art and animation: 7 (simply standard)
Sounds: 6 (its just fine, the last episode managed to be more powerful with the additional of another ost, and a little engine backsound at the opening)
Character: 8 (the girls are just my liking)
Enjoyment: 7 (thanks god, they managed to keep the girls saved. Guess no surprise for them, tho)
At the end, this show succeeded to keep my feeling hard. Either, its just fine, or rather above my good level, its just difficult. Well, for the sake of those trio idiots, i decided to put this on my 7, tho. Decent work as their best, i guess.

That's it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 26, 2020 5:29 PM

Sep 2020
Main characters, friendly atmosphere and plane fights? Good.
Story and everything else? Letdown of the season.

Well, I'm praising the main cast but Claudia was such a disappointing protagonist, especially in the second half of the series.
AZZ and Miyako will be remembered (by not many) as the faces of Sigrdrifa

Dec 26, 2020 6:55 PM

Apr 2020
The show has ended on a decent note. Rest in peace to the Best Idiot Trio that risked their lives to our Valkyries. Kinda felt letdown from the show overall but there are nice moments in-between.

It is a 6/10, kinda mediocre.
Dec 26, 2020 6:57 PM

Apr 2020
LeviLeads said:
YO THEY ADDED SOUND EFFECTS TO THE OP??

Yes they FINALLY did, took them for the final ep to do it.
Dec 26, 2020 7:15 PM

Jan 2020
I really like how they added sound effects in the opening. I'm a big fan of jojo (a series that adds sound effects to openings on concluding episodes) so that was a nice little thing that I noticed right away.

Dec 26, 2020 7:22 PM
Apr 2020
And at last, the battle between Odin Vs. Tateyama Base comes to conclusion..

What a way to end the series. The last fight, though. that was intense!

This anime starts off very slow and a bit boring but when you watched it further, it literally becomes enjoyable and thrilling as it progress. And also I loved it how the way they changed the OP from the last ep with a action OST

From 6/10 - 7/10 - to a final 8/10 rating. I'm glad a stick with this to the end and witness a great ending.

I'm really find it hard how people dropped it earlier and rate this anime very low a, I'm expecting it atleast 7.00 or higher..
Dec 26, 2020 7:28 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, they added sound effects to the OP like JoJo, good shit. I am going to miss this show, the overarching story could have been better, but the individual character arcs of the main 4 heroine's were really great. Odin is not such of a bad dude after all, he's just a lonely God but involving the rest of the world in your loneliness ain't it chief.

Animation was top tier this episode though. R.I.P. three idiots, I didn't expect to love those three but, I did. I am sure their clappity clapping their cheeks in heaven. I am going to miss this show especially the 4 girls, I wouldn't mind an OVA with just fluff. 8/10
Dec 26, 2020 8:45 PM

Oct 2018
That opening with sFX made doubt for one second that this was a work from David Productions!

The best (emotional) moments were (for me) the sacrifice of san-baka, the greatest heroes; their love for Miko wasn't just mere words, when push came to shove they gave it all for her, not even a scream was heard! That was some epic determination right there!
The second one was Azu stalling Odin, knowing Miko would come, not because of a plan but because she had faith on her friend. Truly, a precious friendship, where one can be so sure of how the other will act in certain situation, to the point where you can gamble your life on it... And Miko delivered!
Dec 26, 2020 9:05 PM
Dec 2018
Of course they'll gonna win. 5/10
Dec 27, 2020 12:04 AM
Apr 2020
Odin is/was not a good father. And we're not yet sure if he really died or just vanished. He's probably hiding somewhere. lol

A lot of scarices have been made. Fuji Primary Pillar was destroyed, but other pillars in other countries are still active. Two new Valkyries joined the Tateyama Base. The battle is not yet over, I guess season 2 is possible.

Started strong and ended strong, tho some episodes are quite broing. A pretty entertaining anime.

𝟴/𝟭𝟬

Dec 27, 2020 12:12 AM

Feb 2014
RIP shield squadron, you guys are legends...

I love that they added the sound effects on the OP. I wonder why they didn't do that in the first place, it's so cool.

I will miss the girls especially Miyako, I loved her since first episode. Now I'm thinking of getting that Miyako scale figure.
Dec 27, 2020 2:20 AM

Sep 2020
OrangeRafi said:
RIP shield squadron, you guys are legends...

I love that they added the sound effects on the OP. I wonder why they didn't do that in the first place, it's so cool.

I will miss the girls especially Miyako, I loved her since first episode. Now I'm thinking of getting that Miyako scale figure.

If you get a Miyako figure then you need to empty that wallet and also get an Azu figure!
Dec 27, 2020 6:02 AM

Nov 2011
Dude I actually cannot believe that the brothers died. I actually teared up when they were shot down. That Hurt.

Also didn't help I thought Claudia was dead too.

I thought Warlords was a pretty good anime. It had everything. Action, Comedy, Cute Waifus, and a decent story. 8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 27, 2020 6:39 AM

Oct 2014
They kill the best characters in the series at the finale. Now that's how you do it.

Things they do wrong in this series:
- turning a 48-episode shounen plot into 6 episodes.
- attempting to invoke emotion via character development by means of killing of one character important to one of the main cast, but not important to the viewers.

Things they do right in this series:
- everything else.

ps.: in case people didn't get it, of course I'm talking about the shield squadron. best way for it to happen, reserved only for the bravest of our brothers.
Revvie-chanDec 27, 2020 6:43 AM
Dec 27, 2020 6:52 AM

Aug 2020
Well, Sigururi had reached the finale. Pretty Enjoyable after all.
7/10

And RIP brave warriors a.k.a Shield Squadron. You guys will be missed.
Dec 27, 2020 10:51 AM

Sep 2020
I'll miss my girls. :(
A S2 would be nice.

The only thing I didn't like in this show: Odin as a kid.
This "stereotypical shounen-ish characteristic" is something I hate so bad.

Nevertheless, 7/10.
Dec 27, 2020 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
I will be honest, my favorite part of anime was OP song and that's only reason why from me 7/10.
Probably if anime was longer I would enjoy it more, especially if there were more serious parts than CGDCT parts.

For me this anime was too cute for this type of story, with girls too perfect also too young, even considering that all of them are young adults (except pink one who is 14).

I can imagine that producers and studio was making sure girls were as marketable as possible.

Overall I agree with @KANLen09 and @Marinate1016 reviews. I expected more dark and serious military aviation action but I also enjoyed CGDCT parts.

P.S.
ED from ep 4 "Fly high" was hilariously good.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 27, 2020 9:32 PM
Sep 2016
As I feared happened, the last EP is rushed. I genuinely though making a 45 mins last EP would still be rushed, and they made a 24 mins last EP instead. It was so rushed.
I didn't really like it when an anime stretch an arc which could be done in an EP into several EPs (typically done in Shounen titles, which was a genre I personally hate), but for this series, the last two EPs actually deserves to be seperated into a few EPs with more details each.
Nevertheless, hand down, one of the best series this season. And yes, like I have figured since the first EP, it felt much like a Yuusha de Aru series. Loved it.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Dec 28, 2020 1:29 PM

Jan 2016
I actually really like the ending despite so much being squeezed in, the director deserves major props for that

I expected a lot more deaths due to the symbolism in the ending and the fact that Tappei Nagatsuki wrote this but I'm fine with this

My general thoughts around the show is that it was a very good one. A really loveable cast and they all had good development, I really felt bad for Odin at the end.

The OSTs, OP and ED were amazing! I got to get the OSTs when they release especially and I'll be on the lookout for the composer

I'll give this a 8/10, it's between a 7 and an 8 but I'll give it a 8 because the 6.49 score on MAL is a fucking lie! I have stopped questioning the scores on MAL but this is still infuriating
Dec 30, 2020 3:08 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Wow... i ended up hating this show ☹️ Which is a shame, because i really liked all of the characters, except one: Odin 😠 I could tell he was a jerk from the first episode, even before he revealed his true colors. “Ohhh, I’m so upset and lonely because i lost everything important to me that i’m going to LITERALLY revert to a child and throw a temper tantrum, destroying the whole world and ruining everyone ELSE’S lives in the process, going so far as to orchestrate the elaborate charade of offering humanity assistance in a war against an enemy I manufactured just so i can build up their hopes before i pull the rug out from under them”... Dafuq kinda dick-move plot & character motivation is that? 🤨 If it weren’t for all the other strong characters, i would rate this series a lot lower than the 5/10 im giving it 😐
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 30, 2020 6:01 AM
Mar 2012
Quite amazed with the epic fights. A1 really kept high production values most episodes from smooth mc antics to short but flashy aerial shots.

Odin unfortunately felt too vague a villain? He wants everyone die to join his Valhalla during Ragnarok2 so he wont feel lonely? Or he just wants his sole daughter Claud to join as she shares his blood? That was decently hinted with Claud being unique from other Valkyries.

Rip triple shield bros. So the show did kill off side characters who are decently developed, and they gave enough time to honor each death.

Also unfortunate despite such great art & animation, amazing soundfx, it felt slow paced & boring often. SOL & war is a weird mix. It can be done well, and some SOL was funny or added characterization. I get the Sono development & that was really great. But maybe there's lots of vague 'depression' moments that aren't well explained and doesn't help the SOL or progression.
Dec 30, 2020 3:47 PM

Feb 2014
Entendi porra nenhuma.

So, what the f happened? xD

They really killed the best 3 characters and to compensate they added 3 other young ones. Killing them was unnecessary imo but they "HAD" to do it just because they felt like killing some characters xD lol
Also, some of those girls were crying river many times but for the Bros they were like... smiling as if nothing happened? xD Well, at least smiles suits best those epic brothers.

Anyway... it was enjoyable, in general. I liked the comedy scenes best and didn´t enjoy the over melodramatic scenes.

A pretty similar sensation I had with Asault Lily: nice fanservice, nice animation, nice girls, average at best plot/story, suddenly killing characters for the sake of drama, and ok-ish ending. Still, Assault Lily has the best thighs hehehe~

If I take this seriously: 6/10
If I turn off my brain: 7/10

---

Episode I enjoyed most: episode 4.

TechOtakuDec 30, 2020 4:05 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

119 by Flores2412 »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

67 by Lolicon »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:11 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

29 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.