Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anos is pretty damn intimidating especially in class. It really didn't take long for him to get into Sasha's face.

Tbh, I was rather bored with this episode. Not much character development at all and just another chance for Anos to flex and show off his powers. It's obvious there's some serious power gap between him and Sasha as in their current state. They've shown grown close already for the second episode..
Jul 11, 2020 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
The Demon Lord Arnos Voltegourde, finally some backstory from the beginning of the LN (chapter 1 of the manga adaptation) to set things forward.

But 2000 years later, things are different, and Arnos is ready to fire some badass magic once again, and he's definitely NOT afraid to show it. Another of Misha's sister, Sasha Necron, join the fray as well, but immediately draws a comparison with the inferior Misha, and although of different descendents, trouble sure brews up fast.

The battle between Arnos and Sasha for the litigation of Misha as teammate...forget about Arnos being too OP, her challenge is just a feather in his hands, a totally different league between royalty and commoner. With that, he's gained Sasha, and more shenangians of the family ensue. +1 to the "harem" and reconciliation to the sibling relationship.

DAYUM that kiss LOLS...that was fast.

Another harbinger of an episode.
Jul 11, 2020 8:01 AM

Apr 2020
As usual, everyone was surprised when they saw the power of Voldigoad, and Sasha kissed Voldigoad, I did not expect that would happen.
Jul 11, 2020 8:04 AM

Jan 2010
Anos is too damn strong lol
Also this

I like the show so far
Jul 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
Ironic af when I heard Satan Maou from hataraku maou sama voicing not the demon lord this time around but the hero hahaaha.
Anos is OP af! Forgot how enjoyable it is to watch demon king stories just flexing... this man is like fighting against todlers at this point.
Jul 11, 2020 8:46 AM
Jan 2017
Where did u guys watched the raw version????
Jul 11, 2020 10:48 AM

Oct 2017
Lol RIP Sasha, Anos absolutely destroyed her. Their boosted spell was cancelled and outpowered by a low level spell from Anos.

Ngl that kiss was totally unnecassary and kinda put me off. Also please Misha x Anos become canon and not Sasha x Anos.
Jul 11, 2020 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
Imagine wanting a family, and then all of a suddenly, the demon lord comes to be your child lol.
Jul 11, 2020 10:53 AM

Nov 2010
Enjoyed the episode. Sasha's VA doing a good job so far!

Jul 11, 2020 10:54 AM

Oct 2015
I don't get hooked up on many animes in the start, but this one has me craving for more just from the first 2 episodes. I love it! The anime is insanely good so far.
Jul 11, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
See, this is the kind of show where it's really fun to see how OP the MC is.

Baby Anos talking lmao.

Twintailed Tsundere? Nice, this show knows what I like. I was going to say that it was too fast how Sasha went from belittling Anos and her sister to reconciling with her and even kissing Anos in just one episode but he is so OP that he is capable of that and more lol. Jokes aside, I still think it all happened too fast but it seems that we're not finished with Sasha and that both the kiss and what Anos did were more significant than they seem. Let's see what all that stuff about fate she was talking about is.

We also learned that Misha is some kind of animated doll? But she's Sasha's sister in some way? Interesting.

I like the harem part of this show too. It looks like it's going to the real harem side and it won't be just another waifu war. The parents' reaction to the arrival of wife number 2 was hilarious, Aki Toyosaki is great as always xD.
Jul 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
Anos talking as a baby lol. You don't see that every day.

Anos wrecked Sasha's team. He's too OP and I like that.

Also, that kiss was too fast. And it happened in one episode lol.

Jul 11, 2020 11:13 AM

May 2015
This is kinda absurd.
Not sure if I want to continue watching.
Jul 11, 2020 11:19 AM
Jul 2020
I am so Sad that this god tier anime has to be in the same day as that garbage fire SAO final season. This deserves more Love honestly, total chad Guy and the massive dry comedy fills me with joy.
Jul 11, 2020 11:22 AM

Jul 2017
yet again badass protagonist is badass lol. I really wish there was an anime centred around the parents lol, seems like it'd be a cute series.

tbh though, was not expecting a kiss scene at all let alone on the 2nd episode, but hey, the more the merrier
Jul 11, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2018
oh you have a boom cannon high tier magic spell thats crazy

tiny fire speck go BOOM
Jul 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Nov 2018
Not much happened in the way of character development but overall I like what I am seeing so far especially with Anos and Sasha. It seems like most of the time, Silver Link adapts animes that are very similar to this. I know they did HameFura last season which was great but they've also done a lot of mediocre anime.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jul 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Jul 2017
Really enjoying it~
Jul 11, 2020 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
Anos hits another home run with me this week, both literally and figuratively. I loved the battle castle sequence and when he spun the one castle around with his finger like a basketball I squealed. I’m also glad that Sasha and Misha made up quickly and no drama lingering around with that. And dat kiss! This is definitely my guilty pleasure turned good show of the season!
Jul 11, 2020 11:31 AM
Nov 2011
Feels unnatural that a lot of the context behind the magic system has been cut out considering it is vital information to know going into the first arc. This novel series is almost in par with Mahouka in terms of expository dialogue and yet the episode makes it seem like a turn-off-your-brain kind of show. Anyhow, I would be lying if I didn't find it very entertaining to watch.
Jul 11, 2020 11:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode really felt like 5 minutes, it was great, overpowered Anos was so enjoyable to see in action, and great to see more of the ultimate tsundere Sasha <3 that kiss scene is great too, better than in the manga, now i'm really looking forward to the drama which will happen very soon.
Jul 11, 2020 11:39 AM

Feb 2016
I don't remember the last time we got an anime with a truly OP MC that doesn't act like a beta

And most probably Sasha and Misha will both go down the Anos route
Jul 11, 2020 11:47 AM
Sep 2019
Really enjoying this anime so far
I usally dont watch magical, school demon type of stuff but this ones enjoyable.
Plus our main character is way too strong
Taking care of other peoples magic like its nothing
Jul 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Dec 2014
I can't really explain why but I'm really liking this and I'm pretty sure I've in the past had mediocre experiences with similarly styled shows with OP protagonists. Not sure what it is I like about, of course there's the cute girls but I'm really liking Anos and the way he's portrayed. Maybe it's the fact that he's an OP protagonist with an actual objective in mine unlike many of his peers who tend be thrown into more 'reactive' scenarios, Anos is actually trying to do something which is perhaps very refreshing for a show like this.

Expected Sasha to get destroyed by Anos but damn I did not expect Sasha to become so accepting of him so fast, especially as she was trying really hard to provoke him before that. I guess Anos really knows his one liners. XD
Definitely did not expect that kiss at the end. Sasha is cute too, but I think I like Misha more than her for now. Who's next?
Jul 11, 2020 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
I'm no source reader, but it's me or this show is being insanely rushed lol, everything is going blazing fast.

Pacing is not doing it for me but it's still fairly entertaining thanks to Anos, this dude is so OP it makes for some really funny comedic moments, how he lifted and did whatever the fuck he wanted with the castle while Sasha and co were full panic inside made me laugh hard, not to mention just naming himself as a baby.
Jul 11, 2020 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
i think the hero reincarnated to that new girl. bl alarm!! And i am asking you novel readers is story too much shallow in novel too or just anime like this?
Jul 11, 2020 11:53 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm liking Sasha already because she's blonde, has twin tails, and a tsundere. I didn't expect her to kiss the MC already.
Jul 11, 2020 12:11 PM

Sep 2008
the plot is moving insanely fast. they'll be done by the first arc either by the 3rd or the 4th episode like this.
getting index s3 flashbacks...
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jul 11, 2020 12:18 PM
Apr 2020
Just an episode to prove how fucking OP Anos is and I'm not mad about it.

What I'm mad about is how wrong Sasha did our girl Misha. The kiss was completely unnecassary and put me off.

All we need is Misha x Anos, Amen.
Jul 11, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
I don't read the source material but it definetely feels so rushed especialy in 2nd part..
I mean how the hell someone goes from despising a person to falling in love on him in just a matter of less than 15 minutes on screen, i know plenty of things happen in the background but still, the build up to it just doesn't feel convincing at all and pretty meh, it's predictable what's gonna happen but no one expect to be this freaking fast lol.
Well at least i admit i enjoy the mc keeps flexing his power to show his dominance every time, so i know i'll keep sticking around with this one probably till the end.
Crocospect22Jul 11, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 11, 2020 12:36 PM

Feb 2009
The super OPness gets so boring so fast, idk how you guys stand it lol

If it wasn't for the character designs and good voice acting I'd quit this already!!!

Also something bugs me about the main character just racking up future admirers and female puppets, I mean, they said Misha is literally a doll so I suppose she's just going to exist to support the main character and be cute/sexy? Kind of a let-down. Hoping in the future Sasha breaks out of that mold but I didn't read the manga.

Also btw Misha has fatter legs than Sasha and it made me think of daikon leg Nene haha
DarcyDJul 11, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 11, 2020 12:39 PM

Nov 2016
When Anos surprised his parents as a speaking baby, lol. Also when he brought home two girls, that was too funny.

Lelouch0202 said:
I can't really explain why but I'm really liking this and I'm pretty sure I've in the past had mediocre experiences with similarly styled shows with OP protagonists. Not sure what it is I like about, of course there's the cute girls but I'm really liking Anos and the way he's portrayed. Maybe it's the fact that he's an OP protagonist with an actual objective in mine unlike many of his peers who tend be thrown into more 'reactive' scenarios, Anos is actually trying to do something which is perhaps very refreshing for a show like this.

Expected Sasha to get destroyed by Anos but damn I did not expect Sasha to become so accepting of him so fast, especially as she was trying really hard to provoke him before that. I guess Anos really knows his one liners. XD
Definitely did not expect that kiss at the end. Sasha is cute too, but I think I like Misha more than her for now. Who's next?

What makes this more appealing to me is that this show knows what it's doing and the portrayal of Anos isn't so try hard, he actually comes off as genuinely confident. It gives the anime an entirely different vibe.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2020 12:48 PM

Jun 2016
much better than SAo S2 !!!
epic battle animation !! also animation budget too overrr

i really enjoying and hype this anime compared to shit sao !
Jul 11, 2020 12:54 PM
Oct 2019
This episode felt a little rush- At the start of the episode Sasha Nercon hated her younger sister and suddenly that hatred vanished and everything was resolved so easily
Anos going OP is always fun
FRIEND DON'T KISS ON THE LIPS
Jul 11, 2020 12:58 PM

Oct 2008
So Sasha went from calling her sister a worthless soulless doll and wanting to kill the MC

to

making up with her sister and kissing the MC literally in the span of one episode - lol

Nevertheless its still enjoyable to watch.
Jul 11, 2020 1:02 PM

Aug 2012
chid_emordi1 said:
This episode felt a little rush- At the start of the episode Sasha Nercon hated her younger sister and suddenly that hatred vanished and everything was resolved so easily
Anos going OP is always fun
FRIEND DON'T KISS ON THE LIPS
It will be explained in a future episode. Let's just say for now she only pretended to hate her and leave it at that.
Jul 11, 2020 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
The more I see Anos' parents, the more I see shades of Isaac and Miria (Baccano) in them, their reactions feels so simular XD

Anos really did a little power show again, I do have to admit that I liked his introduction for the class, when he wanted to be teamleader. I wonder who will be the first one to realize that he's actually the Demon Lord of 2000 years ago!

Sasha is actually Misha's sister, well the names can kinda give it away as well. She was heavily outpowered by Anos! That kiss though, that was a bit too soon. Here I was thinking Anos x Misha was a nice ship..
Jul 11, 2020 1:08 PM

Aug 2012
CeddyyBearr said:
The more I see Anos' parents, the more I see shades of Isaac and Miria (Baccano) in them, their reactions feels so simular XD

Anos really did a little power show again, I do have to admit that I liked his introduction for the class, when he wanted to be teamleader. I wonder who will be the first one to realize that he's actually the Demon Lord of 2000 years ago!

Sasha is actually Misha's sister, well the names can kinda give it away as well. She was heavily outpowered by Anos! That kiss though, that was a bit too soon. Here I was thinking Anos x Misha was a nice ship..

Oh and you were not wrong about the ship
Jul 11, 2020 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
OP Demon King stealing young girls' hearts, as usual.
I'm just going to be waiting on dem h doujin.

Btw, can somebody tell me what the hell is "Jio Graze"? And also what the hell is "Grega"?
What is flawed with the previous magic circle and what does Anos do to repair it?
Jul 11, 2020 1:32 PM
Mar 2018
this is idiocy...
Jul 11, 2020 1:33 PM

Jul 2020
I can kind of understand why people are hating on this show. Ridiculously overpowered mc, love interests easily gained in the first 2 eps...

But I think the whole stupidity of it all is what makes me love it so much. It's so chock full of cliches that I can't stop reveling at how shamelessly over the top it is. It takes every single Maou-anime trope and doubles down on them REAL HARD. The animation quality and rapid-fire pacing only helps everything more.

Possibly my favorite show of this season based on pure enjoyment factor.
Jul 11, 2020 1:56 PM

May 2018
I mean it was obvious from the plot that the mc was going to be OP, so I don't understand why people complain.

As far as I'm concerned this anime is much better than expected, really enjoying it so far.
Jul 11, 2020 1:58 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I like that we have a show with a powerful main character that really just seems to be a good guy at heart AND has an actual reason for being so powerful. The whole misfit thing seems a little weird, even weirder than Tatsuya being an irregular, which was due to testing style. Anos clearly proves he's fully competent in every way from day one.

That kiss was fast, but I'm personally not convinced that it was completely genuine (the restored sister relationship doesn't jive with kissing the boy you know she likes.) I'll stick with the H.M.S. Misha for now.

Overall, I'm not expecting this to be a masterpiece, but simply a fun show to enjoy for the ride.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 11, 2020 2:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
halcyonparade said:
I can kind of understand why people are hating on this show. Ridiculously overpowered mc, love interests easily gained in the first 2 eps...

But I think the whole stupidity of it all is what makes me love it so much. It's so chock full of cliches that I can't stop reveling at how shamelessly over the top it is. It takes every single Maou-anime trope and doubles down on them REAL HARD. The animation quality and rapid-fire pacing only helps everything more.

I agree. It feels like him so incredibly overpowered is absolutely played for laughs, unlike other shows that take it more seriously and try to make the protagonist relatable. Here he's just alpha-sama he takes his cake and eats it too.
The pacing is a bit quick though. I don't know if it fits the source material.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 11, 2020 2:02 PM

Oct 2019
Well, I am glad they at least did bring some of the exposition that was suppose to be in the first episode. I will say that things did feel bit fast but not compared to the first episode. but again, they skipped some pieces. Originally, they were suppose to have sasha/misha have more conversation as they were walking but they got rid of that as well. If they pull the same shit, most likely next episode, they might create a way to bring out the conversation that was said but who knows.
Last thing I will say, keep in mind about fate.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 11, 2020 2:13 PM

Jan 2020
She literally kissed a 1 month old child

Jul 11, 2020 2:29 PM

Sep 2009
Because I was bored I decided to try and continue watching this series.. also because I got curious to know the blonde girl. I am glad she's not 'tsundere' and she didn't turned out to be annoying. LOVED IT. My favorite scene in this episode is that 'KISS' part since I didn't expected it to happen very fast and I love the special effect they added to the scene.. those petals? flowers? cherry blossoms?
Jul 11, 2020 2:56 PM

Mar 2014
I'm gonna guess that the white-haired guy in the ED is the Hero Kanon reincarnated. I hope they really do get to be friends.

Looks like a lot of things have changed in the last 2000 years. The walls dividing the races fell and they started mixing, and his true name was lost. Unless someone intentionally spread misinformation to hinder him when he reincarnated... theories intensify

Still enjoyable to watch Anos completely obliterate his challengers.
"Oh this only blocks magic? I'll just throw the entire castle"
"I'll counter your high-tier fire spell with my lowest level one"

The sister's fight got resolved kinda quickly, but maybe deep down they both didn't want to fight anymore and just needed a little help bridging the gap.
Jul 11, 2020 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
This was going to be my guilty pleasure of the season, and I'm having lots of fun. The Gary Stu of Gary Stus, not giving a f*ck ;)

What I really need to get used to though is that time and time again, something unexpected/weird seems to be happening first, and the explanation for it will be given in the next episode. The impatient viewer (many many people nowadays) will misinterpret this as "bad writing" and "cliche". Then again, maybe it helps the discussion on the forum if these folks are weeded out more quickly.
Jul 11, 2020 3:31 PM

Mar 2016
Meh, other hilly-billy episode where we see Mr. Demon Lord flex his muscles. We get a bit of backstory drop to begin the ep and that’s about it. It was too simple a backstory, anyway.

At least the kiss by Rosa at the end was aight. Not like it really contributed anything positive, though.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

279 by Nagamasakun »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.