Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2020 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Louise and her ridiculous clothes lol...

The idea for Shingo to become lord of a territory sounds like a big responsibility though. Is he even ready for something like that? But anyways, this episode had more or less some complicated drama. The cliffhanger though.
Jun 11, 2020 6:35 AM

Feb 2019
I told y’all last week, it would be a war if Well got involved in the land. It looks like that’s exactly what we’re going to get in the finale next week and I don’t think Kurt will make it out alive. He’s so blinded by jealousy and rage. I’m interested to see how Amalie will factor into things as well given that warning we got about her today.

This episode actually made me quite sad as I know what it’s like to not be that close to your brother and having jealousy affect the relationship. Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best for everyone next week. Can’t believe we’re at the end here, wow I’ve really enjoyed this one a lot and I’ll have to get into the LN’s after the season ends
Jun 11, 2020 7:20 AM

Mar 2014
More slow buildup for when Kurt "blows his top". I like how they kinda explained that it was so easy for Well to build up all that wealth this whole time because the King was planning to have him take over Lordship of his home and develop that area.
Jun 11, 2020 7:26 AM
Sep 2015
I bet his brother's wife drug her husband to push him to madness, she's planning something!
Jun 11, 2020 8:11 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
phantomfandom said:
I bet his brother's wife drug her husband to push him to madness, she's planning something!

It’s possibly something like that, she does give off mixed vibes 🤔 But i hope the extent of her “plotting” is manipulating Well to make sure her kids are cared for. Guess we’ll see next week!

So once again mayonnaise becomes a magic elixir to gain political leverage 😄 Is this “Prodigies Have It Easy” again? Does mayo have mystical properties i’m not aware of? 🤨

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJun 11, 2020 10:41 AM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jun 11, 2020 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
Suppose it's something to push the plot along so we can have an 'exciting' conclusion. But it won't be exciting at all.
Jun 11, 2020 8:32 AM

Apr 2009
And suddenly we've got serious about a local and poor nobility's succession, the royalty and the upper nobility's intention, land development and progress, trade and craftsmen improvement, the Ruckner's one-sided sibling rivalry, and well maybe a dragon to fight next episode...oh my!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 11, 2020 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
More family drama.

So the royal palace wanted Wendelin to take over his homeland as a lord.

Kurt really went mental.

Jun 11, 2020 8:38 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode. "Plans within plans"
The sword that takes life gives life
Jun 11, 2020 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
For God's sake, it's Episode 11, but it still feels like this show's dragging its last feet.

The conflict between brothers Kurt and Shingo (pretty much just waste his Wendelin name)...the "plot" as a scheme to overthrow the antagonistic former and land the 8th son Shingo as the new lord of the land. A simple cliche plot that gets complicated on every turn, and there's no backing out now. Who said that adventuring requires you to acquire land?

Shingo wants a comfortable life, but the nobles would not let him go scot-free, and that represents a heap of problems, from understanding to reconciliation between family members. Everyone wants the high life, and this is their price to pay if they do not follow their actions growing up to climb the ranks (which is kinda an idiotic journey of false dreams and realizations).

gappasaurus said:
So once again mayonnaise becomes a magic elixir to gain political leverage 😄 Is this “Prodigies Have It Easy” again? Does mayo have mystical properties i’m not aware of? 🤨
Welp, Shingo becomes the potlical Tsukasa again...BIG OOF.

To thin Borther Kurt's followers by not threatening them and giving them room to hone their craft, I'd admit that as much as a peace-maker option is open, this is a smart move from Shingo. The question now: how to appease this useless lord of a brother than anger him once more.

At this final stage, I really wouldn't want to say that "the plot thickens", but assassins at this point?

Pray tell for the final episode next week, it will be the bottom of the barrels.
Jun 11, 2020 8:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well, it wasn't interesting at all the be honest, I don't like what they're doing with the plot, I just wonder how they will end the anime now, only one episode left.
Jun 11, 2020 9:06 AM

Mar 2016
With only one episode left and low chances for a second season, I'm assuming this will have a 'happy ending' where
which I guess it's ok, it's a shame we won't get to see

gappasaurus said:

It depends on the brand.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 11, 2020 10:41 AM

May 2009
I just don't want Well to have to kill his brother... I really hope Well has some other plan we don't know yet, because it looks bad right now.

I wonder why the village chief told Ringstat to be careful of Kurt's wife? I mean, she's trying to keep her status for her children, but was that really all? Things are bad enough as it is, I'm scared she's planing something else.
Jun 11, 2020 11:02 AM

Mar 2017
If only they didn't rush things too much on the first half of the series, this would've been a good adaptation. Oh well, next episode will be the last one, I just hope they won't go with an original ending for this arc.
Jun 11, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
I like how a show can prove that it can be good, I'm really enjoying this arc. Even the episode felt short, that's always good.

Last episode next week and I don't think Kurt's gonna make it. It's even funny to watch him get pushed to the edge xD.
Jun 11, 2020 12:15 PM
Jan 2017
I understand what this show is trying to, I really do, I'm just not enjoying it. Well's upcoming lordship feels all too predictable to me, and it comes off as another attempt by the show to prop up the protagonist. I've always had trouble following the nobles' political ploys, but the sudden revelation that the nobility had been grooming Well to become lord of an undeveloped land doesn't do me any favors. For whatever it's worth, Well is trying to defuse the situation without engaging in needless bloodshed, but I don't think the show has done enough to build up enough sympathy for the characters.

Watching this show every week feels like a chore more than anything. This show fell off the rails after passing the halfway mark, or perhaps even before it, so the sooner it ends, the happier I'll be.
Jun 11, 2020 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
Damn this show quickly turned into a real serious la mode. Just hope this sho ends on a happy note than these chilling vibes.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 11, 2020 2:55 PM

Jan 2020
Everything Well do, it seems aggravating his brother more and more into a bloody conflict
Jun 11, 2020 4:33 PM

Jun 2016
This anime has more interesting plot than other similar series such as Isekai Cheat Magician or Kenja no Mago... they are really "meh" series... nothing over the top but I'm enjoying this.
Jun 11, 2020 4:52 PM

Jan 2019
This show should had been named to something like: "How to use an isekai protagonist to do your dirty work" or "How to become a royal puppet.."

I mean seriously this kid is supposed to be your average Isekai OP main character who is able to beat anything and blow up things in one shot, you know the usual stuff... While in a sense he is a bit like that, the show also has been more about all the royal morons and people in general using the kid to do their dirty job, even if this is some times for a justified reason, it is extremely annoying.

The problem I have with the MC is that he seems to be extremely easy to manipulate. You know the old say: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.." well, this is the perfect example of that, this guy has been trolled during the whole freaking show.

Now if this was really some teen who was transported to another world, I would understand, but remember that he is actually a grow up man that was transported and turn into a kid, so his mind is still the one of a grow up man.
Anyone with half a brain would be at least bit paranoid about what is going on after all the set-ups that the nobles and royals been doing on him... And considering how OP he is, he could avoid a lot of problems with his magic...

I know that some people may think something like "he just end up in problems 'cause he is a good person" which is kind of true, but both this and the previous episode show us that sometimes trying to do something good may end up turning into a disaster. I mean the idea of sabotaging his own brother and maybe even killing him just because some nobles say so seems scummy to me, even if the brother is a moron who hates him.
Jun 11, 2020 6:17 PM
Jun 2017
a dragon flute vs a dragon killer... well it seems we know already who will win in thsi one. those higher ups really make sure that the current lord will be thrown out of the said place
Jun 11, 2020 7:32 PM
Aug 2015
I enjoy the ride. Thank you wendelin.. see you in the laat episode.
Jun 11, 2020 7:43 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

The idea for Shingo to become lord of a territory sounds like a big responsibility though. Is he even ready for something like that? But anyways, this episode had more or less some complicated drama. The cliffhanger though.

So we'll gonna kill his brother and adopt the two kids lol and get his brother wife lol they did say that multiple marriage partners are allowed he already has blue chibi girl and red hot pepper Lance girl and saint Maria nah I'm jk just hope the kids doesn't grow up to hate well for killing their father but nevertheless I enjoyed this episode more than the fights in this series the drama sure spices things up

Jun 11, 2020 8:04 PM

Feb 2016
I don't like how Shingo is moving all according to the upper echelon but at least he resolved himself to finish things without following their script but it's likely that things won't turn out well.

If I remember correctly Amalie had quite a few interactions with Shingo in the 1st vol of the LN which weren't shown in the anime so I think that whatever she is planning won't result in anything bad
Marinate1016 said:
I don’t think Kurt will make it out alive.
Yeah well the last monster Kurt? in the opening is still left so I think he will be making an appearance in the final episode
Jun 11, 2020 10:16 PM

Oct 2012
I'd watch another season of this if it promised more political intrigue. This was one of the better episodes.
Jun 12, 2020 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
Would have been a pretty good story had the MC been more proactive with like... everything.
Jun 12, 2020 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
@modboy this story has a lot of political intrigue, but they skipped all of it in first half of anime, this plot with kurt already started when MC was less than 10 years old.

@rieihdius in novel he is a bit naïve, but in anime they reduced his mental age by at least 10 years. in novel he know from start that second mission is about getting kurt out of picture. also willma was added as bodyguard for this second mission, beside inspection group (skipped event).
in novel he is over the top kind guy, but

he doesn't like conflict, but he will get things done.

also don't remember anything about, giving him money, being planed before hand (dragon core and dragon bones were bought at market price, and flying ships, shipyard and old research on magic is also really expensive, so he earned his money fair and square), but his deep pocket is another reason why he is perfect pick for land development.

let's see if kurt will made huge mess even for his own wife and kids or will they change story.
will they hint village head's backstory.
Jun 12, 2020 12:02 PM
Apr 2018
I'll be honest I think this show shines the brightest when it's not on the fighting and more on the politics of the world if they had focused on that and polished the characters a bit more I think this show could be far better then it is, I'll defo check out the source material.
Jun 12, 2020 1:05 PM

Jan 2019
jack4s said:
@modboy this story has a lot of political intrigue, but they skipped all of it in first half of anime, this plot with kurt already started when MC was less than 10 years old.

@rieihdius in novel he is a bit naïve, but in anime they reduced his mental age by at least 10 years. in novel he know from start that second mission is about getting kurt out of picture. also willma was added as bodyguard for this second mission, beside inspection group (skipped event).
in novel he is over the top kind guy, but

he doesn't like conflict, but he will get things done.

also don't remember anything about, giving him money, being planed before hand (dragon core and dragon bones were bought at market price, and flying ships, shipyard and old research on magic is also really expensive, so he earned his money fair and square), but his deep pocket is another reason why he is perfect pick for land development.

let's see if kurt will made huge mess even for his own wife and kids or will they change story.
will they hint village head's backstory.

Yeah, I was thinking that could be the case, 'cause sure people like to take advantage of him and he gives them free pass almost all the time.

I have a few ideas on how the show may end but not really gonna say 'cause I may end up actually getting it right and spoiling people.

I enjoyed this show so far and the whole political intrigue makes it way more interesting than the average isekai. But at same time I can deny that it kind of piss me of how the mc allow the people to take advantage of him, it would be cool if he just fight back in some way, but I don't really think that we see that considering that there is just one episode left, maybe in another season if we ever see another one released, not even sure if there is source material for that tho.

Even if this just an isekai, at same time this could be seen as quite the tragic story, after all since the beginning MC is being used by pretty much everyone, even the friends he got just wanted to be friends 'cause he is a cool magician and that would solve a lot of problems for them, I guess that at least his friends are not bad people. Perhaps the only character that genuinely seems to fall for our MC so far is the Saint, but even in her case she was pretty much forced into it.

I guess that in a sense and maybe even unintentionally this show portrays something that actually many times may happen in real life which is: Someone having lot of money and fame, but at same time being surrounded almost completely by people that just want to take advantage of the person just for their status or money which is pretty sad.
Jun 12, 2020 2:21 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder what happens when that whistle thing is blown. Wild summoning. Poison gas. Or maybe Wells head will just explode. Roll on next week!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 13, 2020 1:22 AM
Nov 2017
Stark700 said:

Not sure if u can but shouldn’t this be marked as a harem, I’m aware already that he has 3 fiancés so far and I’ve spoiled myself on the show bc it’s so different from the source
Jun 13, 2020 3:56 AM
Mar 2012
The 5d chess politics is getting fun, tho would be better with smarter opponents than Kurt & Spearman's dad.
Kurt wife planning somethin is curious.

Jun 13, 2020 5:25 AM

Oct 2017
Things are going according to plan so far but Kurt got a troublesome item and he's proly gonna die after using it. Hope Amalie and her sons are well after this is over.
Jun 13, 2020 10:59 AM

May 2018
Uh oh Kurt has gone cuckoo,
Jun 13, 2020 11:53 AM

Jan 2009
@L-Mo-Reppin you mean 4 harem members (even trough wilma is more of mascot in anime she is his fiancé)(but why stop at 4...).

@rieihdius so true he had immense luck with his original group of friend even trough they are in a way gold diggers. but later he needed help of his retainers (former gold diggers) to prevent getting even more gold diggers in his group, talking about irony. he also skipped a lot of "useless fiancés" because of his image as adventurer and all his fiancés being high adventurer material themselves (and after pope giving him super woman as fiancé (yes, elise is super woman, she can do anything), it would be insulting to give him spoiled noble woman as fiancé, -> main reason why he got wilma, another useful woman).
there is quite a lot of dirt in background, but a lot of this dirt is skipped in anime.

may be him becoming family head and owner of new land wasn't well introduced. they need leader/figure head (and money and someone to clean stuff up from time to time), under who development of wilderness can begin. they don't need him to be there 24/7. original plan was and still is in part, that he kickstart development than leave it to his retainers(Rhoderich) for him to take care of fine details. he can now continue with his adventurer life up to middle age, when he is expected to return and take full control of future development as noble household leader.
Jun 13, 2020 12:35 PM
Nov 2017
jack4s said:
@L-Mo-Reppin you mean 4 harem members (even trough wilma is more of mascot in anime she is his fiancé)(but why stop at 4...).

@rieihdius so true he had immense luck with his original group of friend even trough they are in a way gold diggers. but later he needed help of his retainers (former gold diggers) to prevent getting even more gold diggers in his group, talking about irony. he also skipped a lot of "useless fiancés" because of his image as adventurer and all his fiancés being high adventurer material themselves (and after pope giving him super woman as fiancé (yes, elise is super woman, she can do anything), it would be insulting to give him spoiled noble woman as fiancé, -> main reason why he got wilma, another useful woman).
there is quite a lot of dirt in background, but a lot of this dirt is skipped in anime.

may be him becoming family head and owner of new land wasn't well introduced. they need leader/figure head (and money and someone to clean stuff up from time to time), under who development of wilderness can begin. they don't need him to be there 24/7. original plan was and still is in part, that he kickstart development than leave it to his retainers(Rhoderich) for him to take care of fine details. he can now continue with his adventurer life up to middle age, when he is expected to return and take full control of future development as noble household leader.

I know true source readers hate this adaptation but I like it. Elise is awesome and my favorite by a long shot. Also unless there prepared to either make a lot of people mad by skipping scenes with each girl or having to turn it into a hentai, I doubt we will get a second season. PS I do like his bedroom teacher too
Jun 14, 2020 3:14 PM

Apr 2015
Omg, the episodes that focus on politics are so good! I wished they'd chosen a better studio to adapt this.
Jun 15, 2020 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
L-Mo-Reppin said:

I know true source readers hate this adaptation but I like it. Elise is awesome and my favorite by a long shot. Also unless there prepared to either make a lot of people mad by skipping scenes with each girl or having to turn it into a hentai, I doubt we will get a second season. PS I do like his bedroom teacher too

if they wanted, they could make ova for those parts. but there is better way, they could hint a lot of stuff with outside characters (maids could gossip in how terrible state was bed or how loud they were(what is in novel, and maid is really unhappy with five straight days of night/morning duty)) but even just these hints, would probably rise rating up to +15.
Jun 16, 2020 4:43 AM
Nov 2017
jack4s said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

if they wanted, they could make ova for those parts. but there is better way, they could hint a lot of stuff with outside characters (maids could gossip in how terrible state was bed or how loud they were(what is in novel, and maid is really unhappy with five straight days of night/morning duty)) but even just these hints, would probably rise rating up to +15.

Yep but man after reading some info on it it’s weird how easy going the woman are even going as far as not caring the man has to learn how to be great in the sack
Jun 18, 2020 9:11 PM

Mar 2009
Suddenly, some plot. In the last couple of episodes...
Jun 19, 2020 11:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, idk but the show had some more deep meaning like that than i've ever thought. Poor Kurt, actually, he just lost his mind because of that sudden changed. The 8th brother messed his life so hard. Too bad he had such a bad attitude like that. The dead flag can't denied whenever incident happen on the last episode.

Yeah, this show effort on that hierarchy shit really intrigueing from the very beginning of the show. Its a generic type of isekai, ofc. However, since the story itself had a lot of progression with the kingdom and its problem system, i can quite attach it a bit. Nice. Still, the girls were quite likeable so, yeah, good. Even that lady feel hot af, no kidding. So, yeah, its obvious. So lets see how end resolved everything that happening. Even i can't hope much with only 1 episode left. Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 20, 2020 2:53 AM

Jan 2015
Didn't get to read the novel's chapters of this episode T_T, as far as seeing it as anime only viewer of this episode, i wasn't really impressed... but now it gives me more motivation than EVEr to catch up and read the novel's version... There is no way Kurt is that bad in the novel. And no way Wend really wants to take away his brother's lands... i won't believe it until i see it myself ...
Jun 20, 2020 7:19 AM

Apr 2020
I think if Wendelin wants to protect his brother from being killed, then he shouldn't do so. It seems that it can be solved peacefully but, from the perspective of his brother, it's an undisguised declaration of war on himself…

Jul 24, 2020 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
Damn that idiot Kurt carries too much hate in him to think rationally and realize Well's proposal was the best way to solve this ordeal or even think about another better peaceful solution. Even though Well thinned out Kurt's supporters, he also made Kurt go full insane...don't think this is going to end well for Kurt either alive or...

May 26, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2022
Age old adage. The man who never wants to be a ruler, is often most qualified to be ruler.
Oct 7, 2023 6:41 AM

Oct 2022
Daym Kurt became even worse than a zombie, this is just insane amount of jealousy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

99 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 27, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

75 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 26, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2020

45 by elkensteyin »»
Jan 12, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.