Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In a nutshell, we're getting into more of the royalty part with Shingo and the others going to the royal palace.

I suppose facing off against a monster dragon is a lesson to learn. Probably one of the toughest monsters they've ever faced in this series so far yet too.
Apr 23, 2020 6:06 AM

Feb 2019
Yay woke up early for this, let’s go:)

That CGI dragon tho.. definitely Well’s biggest test yet

I still don’t really trust Alfred’s master, something seems off about him

Mood after all the anime postponements https://imgur.com/a/PJAwotP

Well becoming a noble reminds me a lot of where Bookworm is at right now

Uh oh, looks like we’re going to have Elise and Well set up in a planned marriage next episode.

Wow that was a quick episode. Went by in seemingly no time. Really enjoying this series a lot. It’s got many of the usual isekai motifs, but manages to feel original too with its focus on world building and character interaction rather than saving the world from a demon lord or other threat
Marinate1016Apr 23, 2020 6:29 AM
Apr 23, 2020 6:37 AM

Jan 2011
If only my life as easy as MC life lol
Apr 23, 2020 6:53 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, didn't think that we would encounter a CGI dragon again since Arifureta, and since the production values are quite average, it's to be expected.

And a timeskip (based on the manga adaptation of the LN anyway with mixed contents) sees Wendelin's biggest test yet, the "legendary ancient undead" dragon. Tough, but rewarding and simple enough to slay.

Into a new town, and Shingo is already given a king's way of entrance whilst his party's headed over to his Brother Erich's wedding preparations. With the RPG-like elements, he is put in the all-too-familiar kingdom embellishments of old, and the noble life that's awaiting him (when all he needs is the normal life).

And then again, the Baumeister family isn't as kind as their earlier convocations allow: the facade of being cheap in the highlands...and sponsored their own siblings marriage. How good is Shingo right now in such a position, tell me.

And consciously finding miso and making them in another world, because the MC has nothing much to do than being taught in the ways of how a noble should conduct.

OH NO, a planned marriage for Elise and Wendelin. Things couldn't get anymore worse from here on...

Quite a fast-paced episode, leaving the bits and pieces out of the way and summarizing them all here, which I presume would do fine for future content.
Apr 23, 2020 7:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I want to cry because of the CGI dragon
Apr 23, 2020 7:35 AM

Mar 2015
I fund the Dragon's CGI to be awkward. The rest of the animation was just fine though.

I really enjoyed the scene in the throne room when Well could not get a word in edgewise lol.

Looks like Well is going to get a cute wife. Stay tuned to see if it pans out!
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 23, 2020 7:42 AM
Dec 2017
This episode was ok, but i don't know how, but this isekai seems much promissor.

Then, i want to see how that nun will marry with MC (or try)
Apr 23, 2020 7:58 AM

Aug 2018
Any recommendation of anymes like this one? None of those in the anime page really pass the same feeling of "medieval" like this one, nobleness and etc. The only similar is honzuki no gekokujou but its different in its way.
Doesn't need to be isekai.
-And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."
Apr 23, 2020 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty bland and meh episode honestly. The MC just getting everything just seems real boring honestly. Hopefully that'll change as it goes.
Apr 23, 2020 8:42 AM
Jan 2018
diego_weiller said:
Any recommendation of anymes like this one? None of those in the anime page really pass the same feeling of "medieval" like this one, nobleness and etc. The only similar is honzuki no gekokujou but its different in its way.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha maybe?
Anime is trash and so am I
Apr 23, 2020 8:45 AM

Aug 2018
IHateNumbers234 said:
diego_weiller said:

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha maybe?

Already watched e.e
-And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."
Apr 23, 2020 8:57 AM
Oct 2018
I feel they are rushing the story way to much. They skip all character building just to cover more Ligth Novels but skip most of the good part of the story (The characters are the best point with this whole LN series). I wish they would have slowed it down and maybe split this season up to 2 seasons, giving us more reason to fall i love with the characters. I felt it wierd that Wilma was suppose to show up this season from before it started airing, since i though there was no way they would reach a that late point in the series in 1 season, but with all the skipping of explanation and character building i can see how they reach.

It really is a shame, cause by this point in the story, the group should be more close (epspecially Louise who is suppose to be very straigth forward and have no filter when talking, and joke around much more). Also they skip so much explanation, among the explanation about the house, and also how deep Wend's obsession about food (especially japanese food) is.
Apr 23, 2020 9:00 AM
Jun 2019
I really disapointed with the anime, I expect it much better since I already read either the Novel or manga.
Apr 23, 2020 9:27 AM

Dec 2014
I feel like this episode was really rushed did we skip a tonne of scenes cos certainly felt like that. I didn't even know Well even spoke to his brothers so was a surprise to see him going to his brothers wedding. I also got the wrong idea of what I thought this anime would be about I thought he would become an adventurer and build a guild I suppose a bit like girls in a dungeon. I don't really understand what the plot of this anime is trying to do at all. What is Well's goal where is the story going and what is it all about. I am just really confused.
Apr 23, 2020 9:43 AM
Sep 2018
It is just me or I feel the MC sound is different.
Apr 23, 2020 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
Here comes the horrible cg, that was some high quality joke of a dragon.

Lol Well beat a undead dragon and became a noble so fast. People are already trying to recruit him. Also nice the priestess girl is finally here.
Apr 23, 2020 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
Nice Anime. A lil bit politics. Some monsters. And fun guys. I liked the Brantag guy drinking all the time.
Not a bad show. Not great. But better than must shows that "try too hard" and get bad while trying too fancy stuff or annoying chars (Re:Zero).

Since a lot of other stuff this show got canceled and good fantasy is rare (last good fantasy got made ages ago) those generic shows are not that bad ... as long as you are fantasy fan (like me).

People not mainly watching fantasy ... I can understand if they don't like it.
Apr 23, 2020 10:40 AM

Dec 2017
Good old pointless selfinsert with no real challenge, did not expect anything else to be honest. I wonder does anyone like it unironically?
Apr 23, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2015
The CGI dragon was so bad it was charming.

The story itself is non-existent. Overpowered MC that by chance get achievements, money and titles. The writer can't be more lazy.

Should I even care about the side characters?

Apr 23, 2020 10:57 AM

Jan 2019
And... finally we got the usual dose of ugly cgi. Aside from that an Ok episode for your average isekai...
Apr 23, 2020 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
Ah, sometimes, one finds his most fun animes based on how bonkers the characters are. I think this sums it up nicely for this show..

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 23, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
Well, that was quick turn of events... and I can bet who's the husband of that Elise in the end... I ship him with the red hair for now. Ooff.

Apr 23, 2020 1:21 PM

Mar 2019
AWESOME fight against the undead dragon, the best of 2020
Apr 23, 2020 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
Don't know why, but it felt like I skipped an episode and missed some details since last week.
Apr 23, 2020 3:16 PM
Jul 2019
Can someone explain to me what rank he got from the King (like noble order etc.)
Apr 23, 2020 3:32 PM

Jan 2009
The CGI is bad, but at least it wasn't arifureta bad.

Asdrock said:
Don't know why, but it felt like I skipped an episode and missed some details since last week.

This show is rushing alot, neither the manga or ln were this fast paced.

EfiChan said:
Well, that was quick turn of events... and I can bet who's the husband of that Elise in the end... I ship him with the red hair for now. Ooff.

This takes a more realistic look on noble society and marriages in the past.
Apr 23, 2020 3:33 PM

Jan 2009
Sorry for the double post, answering questions does that.
FamitsYolo said:
Can someone explain to me what rank he got from the King (like noble order etc.)

He's a baron, basically in the heirarchy, he's a true noble, above the rank of a knight and associated baron(basically one who through deeds can attain the rank of baron), his father is a knight, meaning well outranks his own family.
TatsuyaApr 23, 2020 3:39 PM
Apr 23, 2020 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
Going to the capital already? That was fast, I thought we'd get some adventuring first within the vicinity of Adventurers Academy.

What a lame ass magical fight! Narberal Gamma in Overlord has a way more awesome fight with not one but two Skeletal Dragons and their summoner Khajiit.

A baronet, but a landless one. Oh well better than nothing, and it comes with lots of pain in political arse already.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 23, 2020 5:35 PM

Feb 2015
Nice action, and great outcome, he seems that he is making his own legacy and making bank on his world. Wonder why there is no much interaction either with his team or his family. I think that most of the story is happening around the MC but he remains completely oblivious. I hope this side characters get closer to the potlight cuz so far they seems too fake.
"Miharu denki desu"
Apr 23, 2020 6:31 PM
Sep 2013
Welp he became a billion air in a day.

1gold coin= ¥1,000,000 = $9289.97 x the 150,000 gold coins from killing the dragon = $1,393,495,500
Apr 23, 2020 7:20 PM
Jan 2017
Now that Well is making a name for himself across the land, several nobles will attempt to use his rise to fame to their advantage, which could prove difficult for Well, who just wants to have a peaceful life. I think the show could improve noticeably if it digs a bit deeper into the difficulties and nuances of nobility, instead of showcasing Well's magical talent. This episode was more enjoyable than the previous one, as we see the consequences Well's actions have on the people around him. Overall, this show is just… fine. I don't have much hope for it but if it plays its cards right, it can become one of the finest shows of the season.
Apr 23, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
being a noble in that era is a pain in the ass!
haha! Elise introduction is near!
4/5.

Apr 23, 2020 8:12 PM

May 2019
Seeing Well deal with being married off will be interesting to say the least.

I'm looking forward to the next ep

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 24, 2020 12:18 AM
Feb 2020
I feel like were getting f'd over on character development, last episode they just became friends and this episode they eating together, slaying a mf dragon, and a nibba got married this might as well be episode 10 but i still like the anime... i think
Apr 24, 2020 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
Tatsuya said:

Asdrock said:

EfiChan said:

I know it's realistic. Who said my taste with who I want him to be should go with the rule of their sociery? Many people married without love, and I am free to cheer to any couple I want.

Apr 24, 2020 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
Weakest episode so far
Apr 24, 2020 11:55 AM
Apr 2020
So did they refer to him as the Count in episode one? He's up to Baronet so far which is a step above Knight. I guess that's leveling up in this show. Nice that he already outranks his dad and jerk brother.

http://getasword.com/blog/300-nobility-titles-and-ranks-in-medieval-europe/
Apr 24, 2020 11:56 AM

Nov 2013
that dragon fight was... full of action :v
easy noble status achieved , now to get all the fans trying to be in his favor and... a wife

damn Ena sure is cute =D

fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 24, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2014
Man, I watch this series mostly because I started reading the manga a long while ago. But one thing is for sure: the quality is abysmal. I mean, the art is decent, but the other aspects all could use some improvement.

First of all, bad CGI. I'm starting to get numb to it, since I've seen way worse cases (like Berserk), but boy, you could count on your fingers the amount of animes with good CGI.

Secondly, the sound department is all over the place. What's with the OP of male sports anime, ffs? Couldn't really point a single notable song so far, or a scene with good sound composition. All of it is kinda bland and clichéd.

Lastly, the most disappointing of all was for sure the direction. I know the story itself doesn't help, but the director had a degree of freedom to work and didn't do a good job. The MC's relation with his brothers didn't seem to be what you'd call good, in the manga, but you could at least show some degree of intimacy there. It felt like his brothers were complete strangers and he was doing charity by paying for the gift. Which basically was, but come on, they lived together for a few years, at least some warmer greetings were in order.

The fight against the dragon was also a disaster. The ship passengers were acting like a friggin' undead ancient dragon (which could easily destroy the ship) was nothing, which sends a message to the viewers that either that was a normal occurrence or that they really didn't care. But then on the next scene, everybody is celebrating and praising him as the hero who saved the ship, so people did care. And according to the dialogues in the throne room, that certainly wasn't a normal occurrence. So the director simply confused the viewers for no reason there.

Overall, I can't recommend this shit at all. I think I'll keep watching without expecting much, but I'm seriously disappointed.
Apr 24, 2020 2:04 PM

Jan 2009
EfiChan said:
Tatsuya said:

I know it's realistic. Who said my taste with who I want him to be should go with the rule of their sociery? Many people married without love, and I am free to cheer to any couple I want.
No need for the spite.

Also the arrangement is the preference of everyone involved, since they are rushing we'll learn later that
Apr 24, 2020 4:43 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, the pacing is a lot quicker than the manga. I'm wondering if people who haven't read the manga can keep up.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Apr 25, 2020 9:14 AM

Apr 2010
Tatsuya said:
EfiChan said:

No need for the spite.

Also the arrangement is the preference of everyone involved, since they are rushing we'll learn later that

If it's right of not, I don't see a reason why you should say anything about my preferences. It's not a fandom quearel. You don't need to explain to me why it's right or not.

Apr 25, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
That horrible CGI dragon. I want to cry now. XD

Anyways, by defeated that dragon, Well got a noble title. That sure will cause conflict with the eldest brother at some point.

Apr 25, 2020 4:02 PM

Jan 2009
EfiChan said:
Tatsuya said:
No need for the spite.

If it's right of not, I don't see a reason why you should say anything about my preferences. It's not a fandom quearel. You don't need to explain to me why it's right or not.

Geez dude you got some problems if this annoys you, but ok, if literally just explaining how this works in series is somehow a insult, then whatever.

Side note, you might want to get your anger checked if merely mentioning how the story unfolds somehow makes you think people are insulting you.
TatsuyaApr 25, 2020 4:06 PM
Apr 25, 2020 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
Another great episode. It felt rushed, but I think I understood most of the events. It's nice to see the bad side of nobility. I wonder how long can Well stand this situation. And finally, they mentioned he was a salaryman from another world. It was a clever idea to reproduce his favorite dish in another world. Can he get richer selling that? hahahaha
P.S: that CGI dragon was horrendous.
Apr 26, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2010
Tatsuya said:
EfiChan said:

Geez dude you got some problems if this annoys you, but ok, if literally just explaining how this works in series is somehow a insult, then whatever.

Side note, you might want to get your anger checked if merely mentioning how the story unfolds somehow makes you think people are insulting you.

First, I am not a dude. Thank you.
And really, it didn't feel like you told me what is going to happen but rather pointed out I'm wrong, and it's annoying when someone is saying your taste is wrong. And it seems like you even try to argue with me again why my taste is wrong by giving justification from the manga.

Apr 26, 2020 8:39 AM
Dec 2017
He's getting everything without any effort. Unless something changes, for me it will be 6.
Apr 27, 2020 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
EfiChan said:
Tatsuya said:

And really, it didn't feel like you told me what is going to happen but rather pointed out I'm wrong, and it's annoying when someone is saying your taste is wrong. And it seems like you even try to argue with me again why my taste is wrong by giving justification from the manga.
Wow, just wow, whatever dude.

And fyi, dude doesn't just mean male, it means person, might depend on where your from, but dude is also a term from the 90's used to refer to people, just like the term "man" doesn't always mean male.

Not sure why i'm bothering though, again seek counseling or your going to end up with a very unhappy later life.
Apr 27, 2020 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
Tatsuya said:
EfiChan said:

Wow, just wow, whatever dude.

And fyi, dude doesn't just mean male, it means person, might depend on where your from, but dude is also a term from the 90's used to refer to people, just like the term "man" doesn't always mean male.

Not sure why i'm bothering though, again seek counseling or your going to end up with a very unhappy later life.

I am not unhappy with my light, you're arrogant, and where I come from, people don't use the word Dude to begin with cause I'm not an English speaker.

Apr 27, 2020 11:11 AM
Apr 2020
OK, so a lot has happened in this episode and not a lot you can say. The dragon, oh god, i thought i would see it towards the end of the series as it seems very low budget anime.
It does go more into plot development rather action thank god. But it does not "develop" at all. The character cant stand in for himself which makes me mad, bc i do want it to continue and watch it but if this will go until the end then i will be disappointed. Also to show the difference between high society and low they just use brightness to the max and lower the saturation which is kinda annoying i would say.
I do want to see more interactions between him and his new nakama, but it seems they will be mostly back character which annoys me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

99 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 27, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

75 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 26, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2020

45 by elkensteyin »»
Jan 12, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2020

71 by LadyLeeMing »»
Nov 30, 2023 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.