Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I must say, that's a pretty stylish opening song. Catchy theme too.

Pretty cool show actually. We got a cast of characters with somewhat professional backgrounds. There are cases open and a city of problems that needs to be solved. The art style of the show looks mature enough and the storytelling so far feels like it has a lot of potential. Haru and his partners are characters to keep an eye on. There's also violence in the city as I had expected.
Stark700Apr 9, 2020 9:24 AM
Apr 9, 2020 10:31 AM
Sep 2016
This was such a strange beginning. There were awkward moments of silence, some weird directorial choices with shots going on too long and the dialogue being pretty substandard. Also, for emphasis, what was the weird spacing between dialogue. There were several moments where someone would say something and then there would be an awkward amount of silence. It was strange.

It doesn't help that none of the characters really come off as likable, with the exception of Haru I guess. Daisuke seems like a prick who has a shit ton of money and I guess his introduction to Haru was funny but than he just looked down on Haru and then when he was on the bridge. Hopefully he gets better.

Also, while I liked the music and it was worked in pretty well, with the exception of the end where they were at the helicopter pad. I still liked it and the OP was decent and the ED is pretty good too.

The production looks solid and the animation was pretty good but that's the best positive I can think of.
It really do be like that though.

Apr 9, 2020 10:47 AM
Sep 2015
Daisuke Kanbe reminds me of mafia character from my less favorite yaoi artist Scarlet Beriko, but the most annoying thing is his poor voice performance. And my hunch is right, this is the voice performace debut of Yusuke Onuki.

And did the original creator have a cameo appearance like Stan Lee, he seems to be the old man that car drive by, saying 'Watch where you're going, you youngin'', but I think the studio shouldn't let him appear like that, considering he insulted comfort woman statue in 2017.

But the most problematic element is the story itself, which is bad. This is the adaptation of novel from 40 years ago, which isn't aged well.
phantomfandomApr 9, 2020 10:54 AM
Apr 9, 2020 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
Good music, decent animation (kinda bland character designs though), don't really care about the characters nor story just yet. It wasn't horrible but never grabbed my attention really. 4/10 for its premiere but I won't write it off yet.

That opening song does suck a lot though. Came off as really annoying and didn't fit too well either. Ending song is decent enough by OKAMOTOS.
animejasApr 10, 2020 3:17 PM
Apr 9, 2020 10:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Out on Ani-Plus Asia YT Channel (01:25 pm was a mistake after all).

Definitely an enjoyable watch first up. Particularly loved the professional vibe and atmosphere of the city plus the Animation and Soundtracks seems great so far as well, so it's a tentative thumbs-up from me.

Certainly felt that there were some awkward moments every now and then though and my first impression of our main duo not the best although their dynamic might just prove to be the game-changer.

Kambe-sama's definitely one of those darn spoiled kids, and the VA perfectly nailed that lol. Meanwhile, Haru's your typical "Majime" and "Justice" type so it'll be interesting to see how this duo will fare over time. Awkward final few moments there in the end were a total treat too xD.

Haru-san's pal being into older females bit was oddly funny and unusual for the medium, in my opinion. Don't know why this kind of left an impression on me...

Op and ED, both from the music and visual standpoint gets a plus from me too. Again, pretty unusual but great nonetheless.

I wonder if this'll turn out to be a battle against the ganglords or something of the sort. Definitely got that vibe from here for starters. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 9, 2020 11:05 AM

Mar 2015
I know they will do a better job with Kanbe with the upcoming episodes, but damn, he's on another level of craziness.

I'm also not really sure who they are targeting here, but it was interesting enough, so i'm gonna watch and see where we are going.
Apr 9, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
The beats in this show are really top notch. Can't wait for more.
Apr 9, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
Seems they're following a case by case approach. That's fine and all, but that sort of format seems flimsy, and the presentation feels rather superficial with barely much weight to establish a proper tone and atmosphere. I just wanna see that one woman fire off that damn RPG launcher xDDDD
Apr 9, 2020 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
That was a lot of fun! Much better than expected!
Apr 9, 2020 11:36 AM

Apr 2009
Giving a character unlimited money is making things very boring. Buying yourself out of everything is an easy way out of every issue the character has. Even if the animation and music is good, the plot is very plain. Nice package, bad product.

Also, they try very hard to show that the main characters are hetero. While still queerbating the shit out of them.
Apr 9, 2020 11:44 AM
Mar 2020
This was such a strange beginning. There were awkward moments of silence, some weird directorial choices with shots going on too long and the dialogue being pretty substandard. Also, for emphasis, what was the weird spacing between dialogue. There were several moments where someone would say something and then there would be an awkward amount of silence. It was strange.

It doesn't help that none of the characters really come off as likable, with the exception of Haru I guess. Daisuke seems like a prick who has a shit ton of money and I guess his introduction to Haru was funny but than he just looked down on Haru and then when he was on the bridge. Hopefully he gets better.

Also, while I liked the music and it was worked in pretty well, with the exception of the end where they were at the helicopter pad. I still liked it and the OP was decent and the ED is pretty good too.

The production looks solid and the animation was pretty good but that's the best positive I can think of.
lmao, you have completely misunderstood about Daisuke's personality
Apr 9, 2020 11:49 AM
Mar 2020
Giving a character unlimited money is making things very boring. Buying yourself out of everything is an easy way out of every issue the character has. Even if the animation and music is good, the plot is very plain. Nice package, bad product.

Also, they try very hard to show that the main characters are hetero. While still queerbating the shit out of them.
The original Novel was written by Yasutaka Tsutsui (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Parika), so it is wrong for you to "expect" a simple story.
Apr 9, 2020 11:53 AM
May 2015
Forgive me for saying this, but I want to sit on Daisuke's face😞. He's so fine

It was an okay first episode. Yoko(pink hair girl)'s bf abandoned her at the last second there and she still kept him, smh. Is there anyone who knows of the novel this is based on? Idk if there's a main plot or if it's episodic. The synopsis sounds like the latter. I didn't like the random drawn out silences, like when Daisuke was watching Haru on the bridge (that scene was funny though) and on the helicopter pad on the roof. It reminded me of fire force where they had those awkward drawn out stares. And uh, love triangle? ik in pv2 haru has a crush on the girl with the long hair but it looks like she likes Daisuke. I hope that's not the case because I don't believe this show needs romance at all. ig we'll have to wait since the novel isn't translated afaik.
Apr 9, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting characters and good pacing. Kanbe's an asshole and Katou's by the book. Let's see what their dynamic turns out to be.
Apr 9, 2020 12:02 PM

Oct 2019
Enjoyable episode. Lowkey bothered about daisuke. I expected him to be a bit of a dick but here it seemed a bit much. Hopefully it’s not too much of a problem going forward.
Apr 9, 2020 12:05 PM

Aug 2019
There was so much nonsense happening that I didn't stop laughthing. I loved this episode and I wish this will get better
Apr 9, 2020 12:07 PM
Apr 2020
I thought this episode was going to be a bit meh but it ended up being interesting enough for me. It was good enough for a first episode, and hopefully the story becomes more interesting in the couple next episodes.

Character wise, I did like Haru a lot but not so sure about Daisuke. I'll wait for the next episodes to see if I'll care enough for Daisuke, but he does seem like an interesting character nonetheless.

Opening is okay but ending is really good (sort of wish they made the ending song as the opening).
Apr 9, 2020 12:09 PM

Feb 2020
I felt like the first episode was well made. It left us with something to look for in episode two, and the first episode kind of gave us a pretty good sneak peak of how the show will be like. To be honest, the opening and ending were both bangers. I really liked them for some reason and can picture myself listening to them for a long time.
What's up, how you doing?
Apr 9, 2020 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
ngl the Cobra and Continental GT were what drew me into this show. Although I don't think I've ever seen as many classical cars in an anime before lolol

But oddly enough, this ep felt really silly to the point where I think it could actually be quite fun. Kinda gave off a Bungou Stray Dogs vibe to it, let's just hope it doesn't end up being a Special 7 type of show :P
Apr 9, 2020 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
Ending song and visuals are pretty good, episode reminds me of Acca.
Apr 9, 2020 12:24 PM

Aug 2019
Ngl, both of them are pretty hot.
Nougat_Nugget
Apr 9, 2020 12:27 PM
Jun 2017
This was surprisingly entertaining but like are we just gonna ignore how Katou's partner Kamei obviously likes GILFS.
Apr 9, 2020 12:33 PM

Nov 2016
This was a mess in a good way and honestly a blast to watch.

Already looking forward to the next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2020 12:34 PM

Apr 2018
Well, that was interesting.
Apr 9, 2020 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
Definitley the best premiere of the season. It's very slick in its debut and I'm not talking about Kanbe. The whole production is thematically on point from music to storyboard to special effects.

Excited to see how this turns out.
Apr 9, 2020 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
The entire time I was watching the first episode, I kept wondering "who is this for?" and by the end I still have no idea. Personally, I think this season's pretty damn good so I can't really envision this show of all things to be anyone's top pick.

The biggest issue I had was with the millionaire detective himself, who comes off as a spoiled brat at best. Which, to be honest, I don't always mind if they're entertaining or well-written, but he's just a boring asshole. The new VA isn't even doing that bad, it's just a poorly written character.

.....All that being said, the man's a snack and a half, 2/5.
Apr 9, 2020 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
There's much potential for the main characters to have some chemistry, what with Daisuke being kind of a dick and using money to get out of any predicament and Haru trying to uphold justice above all. The best thing so far imo is the music, it's really catchy and unique.
Apr 9, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
... This might end up being my AOTS simply because of how exactly it appeals to my tastes.
Apr 9, 2020 12:46 PM
Nov 2019
Came for Daisuke, staying for Haru.
Also the idea of having unlimited amounts of money is an interesting subject. can't wait to see the story evolves.
Apr 9, 2020 12:49 PM

Oct 2012
What THE HELL did I just watch lol I wasn't going to watch this, but after checking the opening and having my ovaries exploding all over (which is not something that happens often) I could not not watch it. BUT SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL? Miyano's character is *dead* after falling down in the water from that distance. But I know I'm not supposed to take anything seriously in this. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMUG BILLIONARIE BASTARD. I bet all billionaries are just like that lmaoooo

I literally had no idea what was happening, but it was fun and unpredictable... And incredibly dumb! A MESS that I ENJOYED A LOT.
Apr 9, 2020 12:52 PM

Mar 2020
Kanbe Daisuke's an asshole...but he is hot as hell hope that this turns out to be a great show
MochiRonDesu14Nov 1, 2022 6:41 AM
Apr 9, 2020 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
the first ep was really good. im excited for more! And im shocked when i heard them speaking arabic it’s awesome I understood without subtitles.

Also, seriously he spent a total of 12,632,295 $ USD in one episode??? meh
Apr 9, 2020 12:58 PM

Jul 2013
just gonna say it now, the fact that they were all so good looking was a major reason that i was screaming while watching the first episode. however, unlimited money and the fact that this is supposed to be a mystery anime has got me also very excited. also i love all the side characters too so far!
Apr 9, 2020 1:00 PM
Sep 2016
windyparks said:

lmao, you have completely misunderstood about Daisuke's personality

I don't know what you mean with me misunderstanding him as a character. He seems like a complete dick and uses his unlimited money to get out of problems. I don't know what I can misunderstand there. Besides, he wasn't even really an issue with the episode it was more everything else with the show.
It really do be like that though.

Apr 9, 2020 1:06 PM

Jan 2017
That was a fun episode! It definitely has a comedy style that I will enjoy. The characters were the standout thing for me while watching this and I will be most looking forward to the character interactions between Kanbe and the rest of the crew in the upcoming episodes. Oh yeah, the OST was nice as well.
Apr 9, 2020 1:25 PM

Mar 2020
i thought it was pretty good for its first episode! the intro, in my opinion, was very catchy and i loved the animated displayed in it too! i found myself vibing along to it not gonna lie lol.

EVERYONE has been freaking out about kambe before the opening and i gotta say, i'm kinda 'eh' about his character so far. yes, i know this is the first episode and there wasn't much to tell yet, but i just hope the hype around him isn't overhype because so far his only personality trait is that he just has a lot of money and he's kind of an asshole. anyways, i'm sure we'll get more of him in the upcoming episodes so im not worried

as for the storyline, i've always loved crime and detective shows growing up, so this will probably just be another one of those that i find myself enjoying! i can't wait to see where this show goes.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Apr 9, 2020 1:39 PM

Dec 2014
lol that was damn as hell funny
Apr 9, 2020 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
This was better than I had expected.

Midway through the story, I thought the story was set before the 1980s (because of the colour palette, outfit designs and hair-styles), but then the Sci-fi element got introduced. (Now that I think about it, I completely ignored the internet ad thing that proved this was definitely not set in the past.)

I knew the officer wasn't dead, but I was still surprised by the way he was woken up. lol.

The guys in this anime look like they're from a BL manga about some kind of crime. I think I want to look up the character designer for this.
Apr 9, 2020 1:45 PM

May 2018
This gives me some Durarara vibes - because of the all the crazy, improbable and funny stuff that is happening.
Apr 9, 2020 2:06 PM

Mar 2017
I wasn't actually looking forward to this anime after watching the trailer but I decided to watch because Mamoru Miyano voices Haru and I AM SO GLAD I DID! This was really entertaining and I love the two opposing personalities of the MCs cause that is gonna be hilarious! The Op and Ed are fire and I really like the art too; it's all very stylish and perfectly embodies the tone of the anime

I wanna know how Kambe has soo much money though?! An unlimited balance? Insanity.
Also, I'm not the only one who thinks he's hot right? hehe
Apr 9, 2020 2:07 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, so we have a billionaire / Highly educated/ jet setter/ certified SOB cop who is partnered with a straight laced/ over zealot /uncorruptable cop, so yes what we definitely have here is pretty much overrated.

You know for a guy that has it all why would he even think about being cop????
Apr 9, 2020 2:17 PM

Nov 2019
Super fun first episode tbh. It was a whole lot of crazy and I enjoyed every second of it. The art/animation was striking and fit very well with the concept of the show. I already love the opposing MCs and can't wait to see how they work together (or not) in the future.
I think most of everyone's complaints are going to be resolved within the next few episodes, though, like explaining why Daisuke has unlimited money, or why he wanted to become a cop/detective.
Apr 9, 2020 2:22 PM

Mar 2018
Twitter is really horny right now
Apr 9, 2020 2:31 PM

Sep 2013
Well, lets wait for next episode. Hope it still on fire,,,
Apr 9, 2020 2:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Groenboys said:
Twitter is really horny right now

This is the effects of the quarantine lmao.

Seriously tho, the number of tweet already doubled since you screenshotted this. (36.4K at the moment of writing.)

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 9, 2020 2:57 PM
Nov 2019
Ok so no one gonna talk about how he cleaned the floor with emirates prince🤣
Apr 9, 2020 3:00 PM

Jan 2017
Watched it because I wanted to know what Twitter was being horny over this time (Daisuke trended), and I can't say I'm not surprised.

The opening's art and song is good, the ending art is good too, but I'm not a fan of the song. The series has an interesting enough plot for me to continue watching and the cast is interesting enough to want to know more about so that's good.

Also the main two, Haru and Daisuke, their design look like something out of a BL. And by all means I am Intrested.

I look forward to whatever this series offers.
lovetwoyouApr 9, 2020 3:04 PM
Apr 9, 2020 3:02 PM

Jan 2017
This was so bad and hard to watch....

Giving your MC unlimited cash, knowledge of everything and everybody is not how you can make a interesting character, quite the opposite actually.

Having a problem? Just spend some cash, having a bigger problem? Just spend more cash it's unlimited after all. It's basically like watching your average, super generic OP AF hero in an isekai with all the skills, max stats and unlimited mana from the get go.

Also we will get that jingle every time he will be showed on the screen? He is not iconic Lord Vader to deserve this kind of treatment.
Dudi4PoLFrApr 9, 2020 3:19 PM
Apr 9, 2020 3:03 PM

May 2013
Don't really know what to think of this. The character designs are kinda boring and the city/setting looked pretty...ugh grey and dead somehow. Looks like the classic buddy cop story where one of them fills the role of the asshole at the beginning, I really liked the opening and soundtrack but I think especially the jazzy parts don't really fit with the modern setting. Make it all look a bit retro and perfect
Apr 9, 2020 3:12 PM

Feb 2017
So, MC is basically a Gary Stu jerk who looks like a yaoi character? Cool, cool.
I don't like him at all.
But it took me only five minutes and fifteen seconds to decide that I absolutely love Haru, that's something.
Anyway, that was a nice first episode, something tells me I'm going to like this anime a lot. Animation is beautiful, voice acting is great, music is cool - wait, music.
Is that catchy tune going to play every time Mr. Jerk is onscreen? It's not that I mind, but it made me giggle halfway through the episode and I can't possibly imagine how much I'll laugh if they won't stop with that.
Also, I have a feeling that this series will be heavily "yaoized" by people. Just a hunch, though.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

59 by Mayuka »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2020

112 by Epiroogu »»
May 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

71 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.