Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2020 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, a case about Daisuke's mother from the past haunts them in the present. First half is more of the set up while the second half is the execution.

I gotta say, this episode was kinda thrilling to see the detectives' every move. It's the Sherlock style of mystery dealing with a murder fitting for the show.

Aug 27, 2020 10:34 AM

Feb 2019
Did anyone else get Boku Dake ga inai machi(Erased) and ID:Invaded vibes from this episode? The direction was masterful, and I was completely sucked into the story, 10/10 ep. Loved the seamless transition from backstory to present as well as the letterbox effect applies.

It was obvious to me that the director was in on everything, but Chou-san’s partner caught me off guard. I wasn’t expecting him to be apart of the cover up too. Great twist and writing. Can’t wait to uncover more of the truth next week.
Aug 27, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was really something else, the plot is getting really deep while also staying well written.

I was expecting Chou-san partner to die at the end but it was a Kanbe plan to extract information.
That said, Chou-san character is way too good, damn, I was not expecting him to be so likeable
Aug 27, 2020 11:22 AM

Feb 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Did anyone else get Boku Dake ga inai machi(Erased) and ID:Invaded vibes from this episode? The direction was masterful, and I was completely sucked into the story, 10/10 ep. Loved the seamless transition from backstory to present as well as the letterbox effect applies.

It was obvious to me that the director was in on everything, but Chou-san’s partner caught me off guard. I wasn’t expecting him to be apart of the cover up too. Great twist and writing. Can’t wait to uncover more of the truth next week.

Yes I really feel like ID: invaded, searching and remembering hidden things ... and Haru and Kanbe acting like detectives
like never before.
This episode is one of the best so far ...

Really sad to know that this one and Deca Dence, are not being as followed and hyped as Re: ZERO or Oregairu when in fact they are as good as the other two: /
Aug 27, 2020 11:27 AM
Jul 2020
Wow this was a astonishing episode.
The backstory explaining the case was very informational and concise. I like how the colors were toned down and slightly neutral to give the effect of the past.
//was i the only one who that that his wife had a miscarriage? The ending made me sad :( Grown men crying hits me hard. Excluding M from alt:ggo....
AryaleAug 27, 2020 11:36 AM
Aug 27, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 2019

So, Cho-san's ex-partner who tampered the investigation of Daisuke's family 19 years ago.

Could it be that Kambe would up against his own Kambe clan???
Aug 27, 2020 12:19 PM

Oct 2017
What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck?????
This episode was SO GOOD! Loved it so much.
At first I got confused and thought that Takei actually did it but the truth is that he simply took the key and for that he didn't get demoted like Cho-san.
Holy shit was this episode amazing. Everything was on point and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Kambe's past is actually very depressing and I'm wondering what his gradma knows because it was obvious she knew what the truth is. Seeing the picture of the couple with Daisuke, it seemed to me that his mother was a doctor/scientist of some kind. I could be totally wrong though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2020 12:52 PM

Mar 2017
My heart... that must have been such a painful betrayal for Cho-san and a hard thing for Daisuke to hear. It all makes sense now about why Daisuke joint Modern Crimes and why he never wanted to talk about the reason for joining.

One mystery is solved but the murderer is yet to be uncovered and to be honest, I'm not 100% convinced it was Shigeru Kanbe who did it. It feels a lot bigger than just a man killing his wife.

I've gotta say; Cho-san was stupid for taking that photo album cause no matter what he found in that coin locker, it would've been inadmissible in court & the murderer probably would've got off anyway because of it!
Aug 27, 2020 1:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what an episode this was! I could tell the plot was going to thicken when Sayuri Kambe's death came on to the radar but I didn't expect such a wonderfully-crafted episode.

Judging from Cho-san's reactions, it's clear that he was aware of Takei-san's betrayal from the get-go but yikes it really hurt to see those final moments. No wonder why only one detective out of the duo was demoted, good lord.

It's hard to predict where this is going but I'm definitely on board!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 27, 2020 1:14 PM

May 2019
Woah, the plot thickens. At first, I was unsure about this show because it was too episodic for my taste but after the fanservice episode, everything started to be very thrilling. I wasn't expecting the twist. Amazing directing too. 5/5

JULES_WK said:
Really sad to know that this one and Deca Dence, are not being as followed and hyped as Re: ZERO or Oregairu when in fact they are as good as the other two: /

Not as good as. Better.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 27, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2016
i enjoyed this episode a lot. we finally understand daisuke's reason for joining modern crimes.

big plot twist. this show is not going at all how i expected it to and i love it.

5/5

Aug 27, 2020 1:38 PM
May 2015
That was quite an episode.

The thread of the Kanbe family, though still being unravelled, ties it all together: Cho's investigation into the Kanbe family, and Daisuke's own joining of Cho's investigation.

Seeing Cho in action in the past was cool.

Aug 27, 2020 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
I was a bit confused. So Cho gave his partner the key in the envelop as a gift for his wife's childbirth? (shown in the VR flashback)
but then cho was surprised when the key went missing.
That's the part I'm most confused about.

Aug 27, 2020 2:55 PM

Jan 2018
As it still stands, it is impossible for Kambe to do it. He's not a cold-blooded murderer. He also wanted to know the truth behind the cold case Cho-san couldn't solve.

But that ploy on the head of First Division was mind-boggling. That hallucinatory virtual world he got into. As expected from the Kambe family.
Aug 27, 2020 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
Aryale said:
The backstory explaining the case was very informational and concise. I like how the colors were toned down and slightly neutral to give the effect of the past.
//was i the only one who that that his wife had a miscarriage? The ending made me sad :( Grown men crying hits me hard. Excluding M from alt:ggo....

I actually hadn't thought of a miscarriage. That would have been a dark way to go, but it might have explained his turning to the dark side? Maybe.

BTW, who's that in your signature? Looks like an interesting slice of life/romcom series. It's not too often you see characters pull their jackets up over their heads.

Can't wait for next week to get more answers.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 27, 2020 3:44 PM

Jul 2017
The past of Cho and his former partner Takei, and the mysterious murder of Sayuri Kambe. All the foreshadowing of Cho's investigation into the Kambe family for all this while, and where that eventually leads to the current landscape.

The danger of higher-up cover-ups and expose, and one death after another, the leads drawing to a close with Takei and Cho's dismissal from the case altogether with no hard evidence (add Cho's demotion to that). No wonder he's quite obsessed with the Kambe family since Daisuke joined their Modern Crimes team, who's garnering for the exact same evidence.

Takei's hallucinatory brought by (supposedly) Kambe's tactics, that was harrowing to say the least. At least now Cho and Daisuke are certain of the ex-partner who had ulterior motives on top of all of this.

What an episode to pull strings.
Aug 27, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2017
Cho-san coming in with the unexpected MC slot lol, really digging the route this series has been going these past few eps. And now we know why Kambe joined the detective agency in the first place.

But idk if Takei is truly the mastermind behind all this though, + we need to get an explanation what's been up with the AI

kevin_video said:
BTW, who's that in your signature? Looks like an interesting slice of life/romcom series. It's not too often you see characters pull their jackets up over their heads.

not OP but that's Nozaki from Gekkan Shoujo
Aug 27, 2020 3:59 PM
Jul 2020
kevin_video said:
Aryale said:

I actually hadn't thought of a miscarriage. That would have been a dark way to go, but it might have explained his turning to the dark side? Maybe.

Can't wait for next week to get more answers.

Someone already answered you, but it is gekkan shoujo nozaki kun(aka monthly girls nozaki kun)! Its a hilarious romcom that revolves around dense manga artist/writer nozaki and innocent chiyo sakura who likes him, and wounds up becoming his assistant... The story also involves their friends alot! :)) You should totally check it out.
Aug 27, 2020 4:01 PM

Jan 2008
Aryale said:
Someone already answered you, but it is gekkan shoujo nozaki kun(aka monthly girls nozaki kun)! Its a hilarious romcom that revolves around dense manga artist/writer nozaki and innocent chiyo sakura who likes him, and wounds up becoming his assistant... The story also involves their friends alot! :)) You should totally check it out.

It shall be added to my "To Watch" list.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 27, 2020 4:41 PM

Aug 2020
i love how Daisuke just didn't go to work because 'there was no need to'
-nishat
Aug 27, 2020 4:55 PM

Jul 2012
We're getting closer to the truth. Hope Daisuke finds his answer.
Aug 27, 2020 6:56 PM

Jul 2020
Well that's interesting. I really have this feeling that Takei is involved since his father-in-law is obviously involved in that case.
Aug 27, 2020 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
Loving the tone this show is taking. Don't know about that VR machine at then end though... The dark mood was stopped short by ridiculous tech. Just makes you wonder why they don't interrogate people more often this way.
Aug 27, 2020 7:52 PM

Dec 2016
Daisuke seems neutral about this whole situation which is good to know! Not god nor bad. What a big relief, cuz I didn't want to see him on his bad side :S

This episode was a big mystery and I can't wait to see this cold case closed and we can learn the truth behind this.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 27, 2020 8:12 PM
Mar 2019
The hallucination scene gave me chills, plus what I like about this is that, its hard to pin point who killed sayuri and why, plus the Daisuke’s dad suicide seemed too off.

I wonder if Daisuke had any trauma whatsoever, where was he on the death of his mother and father? Was he with Grandma? I have so many questions but and its obvious Daisuke already knows that the death of his mother was caused by someone inside the Kambe family or the Kamba family as a whole.

Honestly, Im hooked as hell, the direction of the episode was really great, I also absolutely adore Cho-san now, I never expected him to be a major part of the story. I hope this ends well but Im not getting my hopes up too high but srsly, this is turning just dope af.

Too bad there’s only 11 episodes from what I have heard

Aug 27, 2020 9:41 PM
Mar 2020
kevin_video said:
Aryale said:

It shall be added to my "To Watch" list.

Good call - I second the recommendation, and have to say every time I see @aryale signature block in MAL forums it makes me giggle

I can't help but think the Kambe dad didn't commit suicide and it was also just part of the whole set up, to make him look like he was guilty for murdering the mother.
Aug 27, 2020 10:49 PM

Jul 2020
Best episode so far. To be honest, at first I was really not sold on in this series but it just gets better and better. Especially after watching this episode I think I'm fairly liking it.

I hope this arc would drag on a bit since I want Daisuke's character to be more fleshed out. Interesting stuff nonetheless!

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 27, 2020 11:13 PM

Jan 2013
What a powerful episode! Slowly but surely we are having answers to many questions.
What an episode this was! So must respect for Chousuke.

And the way they tricked that inspector into telling them who was behind all of this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 27, 2020 11:57 PM

Oct 2017
Had a feeling Cho san's partner was the one who stole the keys and wow I was still surprised to see I was right.

We got to know a lot more info and we finally know what Daisuke's upto.

So Kambe Sayuri was Daisuke's mother and she was murdered and his father suicided. Now I'm really curious to know what actually happened behind the scenes and who's the real culprit.
Aug 28, 2020 1:07 AM
Oct 2017
Ako- said:
I was a bit confused. So Cho gave his partner the key in the envelop as a gift for his wife's childbirth? (shown in the VR flashback)
but then cho was surprised when the key went missing.
That's the part I'm most confused about.

Cho-san didn't give his partner the key. The key was in VR and it was basically his guilt in taking the key, then contacting his father-in-law, to turn the key in for a cover-up. Hence, he got off free and Cho-san got demoted. Remember, they were both warned to leave the case alone. Also don't forget that Cho-san kept telling him that it was okay to take advantage of the situation if it meant moving up--which basically confirms that Cho-san knew all along it was his partner who took the key.
Aug 28, 2020 2:32 AM
Jul 2014
omg im glad someone mentioned i totally get the Erased vibes in this episode!!
no one asked but since i've done it anyway, translation for this week's cost as follows :3

COSTS INCURRED IN THIS EPISODE:

神戸邸正門修缮費

Kambe’s house front gate repair fees
¥20,000,000

警備用ドローン費用

Security drones cost
¥200,000,000

武井確保用·催眠ガス代
Cost for securing Takei-san · sleeping gas
¥3,000,000

VR映像制作のための武井身辺調査費

Takei-san background investigation cost for VR video production
¥146,000,000

VR映像制作費

VR video production fee
¥7,000,000,000

TOTAL

¥7,369,000,000
Aug 28, 2020 5:59 AM

Jul 2012
Man! What an episode! It flew by.
Never thought this series would take this route but I'm glad it did.

So that was Daisuke's mother.
And did Shigemaru really killed himself? I doubting that.

It makes me extremely sad to think that there are just 4 episodes left, I'm gonna miss this anime a lot!
Aug 28, 2020 6:50 AM

Feb 2014
So it did turn out to be Daisuke's family. His father Shigemaru still seems suspicious even though declared dead. Something about this case screams inheritance fiasco.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 28, 2020 9:06 AM

Jun 2013
This was my favorite episode. The direction and everything was chef's kiss! Mwuah! The first half had me absorbed into the plot. Totally forgot about Kambe and Haru until the flashback ended.

I had a strong suspicion Cho's partner was in on it because he married the director's daughter after all. The way his daddy-in-law looked at him while delivering a report was telling.
臭い-
Aug 28, 2020 8:32 PM

Oct 2008
great episode!
you really need intelligent brains to understand this! lolz
5/5.

Aug 28, 2020 10:09 PM

Jun 2020
i loved this episode, it was a great flashback & everything i wished this show to be, i wished daisuke & haru had more opportunities to investigate cases together like cho-san and his partner did, pretty sure it's the pacing & lack of episodes but all we got so far from them is pretty much just their conflicts/a SOL episode lol

this episode was great.....up till that VR part. just seemed like the most convenient plot device lol

whither said:
Loving the tone this show is taking. Don't know about that VR machine at then end though... The dark mood was stopped short by ridiculous tech. Just makes you wonder why they don't interrogate people more often this way.

exactly this^

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 29, 2020 6:31 AM

Dec 2016
When that key was gone Takei's reaction was so suspicious.

I want to know Daisuke's backstory when he was a kid, I guess next episode they'll show it.

Just more 4 episodes to go, gonna miss this anime.
Aug 29, 2020 6:45 AM
Jun 2020
I Like it............!
Aug 29, 2020 10:32 PM
Jun 2016
Marinate1016 said:

Well, the director for this series IS the same director for Boku dake ga Inai Machi, so it's to be expected! ^^

BUT YO. This series was comedic at the start and gave us the "chill feel", which was fine, but now they're starting to pick up on their "mystery" tag AND I'M ALL FOR IT! THIS IS SO THRILLING, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS PLUMMET DOWN UNTIL THE END. TT
Aug 30, 2020 2:01 AM

Jun 2017
That was just preposterous of Haru to damage his car for the sake of getting into Daisuke's manor. I found that lame. Not unless Daisuke will generously offer to pay for the damage he didn't even cause.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 30, 2020 5:02 AM
Mar 2020
Marinate1016 said:

yeap, same here, kinda what I was hoping for from the beginning
Aug 30, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2019
This episode was really great! I can't wait for the continue of this...

Though, I can't help but now wonder if Suzue's parents (or parent) possible killed Daisuke's mother and covered up his father's dead? I mean, it was mentioned Daisuke's father was the oldest child, so naturally he would had inherited the family's fortune. So, could the answer be as simple as family feud between siblings? (And if we go by that line, could the grandma also be part of this all? But if so, why she would allow Daisuke live at her house? Out of guilt?) But that seems somewhat unlike, because if so...why Cho-san and his partner never investigated that line? Or Cho-san himself afterwards after Daisuke's father died suspiciously? That new investigation line could had led somewhere...
After all, the way Daisuke's mother was murdered seemed very personal, while his father's possible set up-suicide seemed more calculated one...

Or, maybe these are two different cases?

After all, Daisuke's father was researcher who did research dangerous things...
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Aug 31, 2020 2:15 AM
Apr 2020
Daisuke's father didn't commit suicide, I think he was murdered just like his mother, Sayuri. The one who did it is probably a member of the Kambe Family, the one who wants to inherit all the family's wealth. Obviously, that person is receiving help from high ranking police officers who wants power. Even HEUSC is suspicious, welp he's an AI so he can be manipulated or controlled by the people who created him. And I think Daisuke already know that the murderer of his parents is a family member that's why he doesn't want to inherit everything.

What if Suzue is a spy sent by that family member to monitor Daisuke's activities? She's holding a knife in the OP so she's probably ready to back stab someone.

And I like that Haru and Daisuke's partnership is now even stronger, they're now trusting each other's decision. From enemies on episode 1 to good partners. Good development.

Four more episodes to go!

Sep 4, 2020 9:49 AM
May 2015

Someone noticed the OP was different.
Sep 5, 2020 3:40 AM

Apr 2009
Finally after 7 episodes the show gained the semblance of a plot.

It only took the story an entire flashback episode which basically didn't even feature the actual main character.

Sep 11, 2020 7:13 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, the plot thiccens. That was a pretty good episode and we finally know what Daisuke's motivations are. The directing that episode was top notch, though I did get confused towards the end there a little bit. But, I managed to understand eventually what was happening. Great episode.
Sep 13, 2020 12:18 PM

Mar 2010
I hate corruption shows. Nice to see more mystery now.
Sep 15, 2020 11:33 PM

Jan 2019
Great episode. Much more deep and mysterious compared to the others
Sep 29, 2020 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
Past case has been revealed and a lot of mystery surrounding the Kambe family and the myserious murders. This episode was well executed with the whole reveal of Takei's betrayel to Chosuke by taking part in the coverup because of the late director and father-in-law Saiki.

Sep 30, 2020 9:47 PM

Sep 2017
The best episode so far in this anime. Loved how well this episode was executed with the whole entire cover up of the kambe family as well as the betrayel. Can't wait to see what else this show has in store.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

224 by Hikimarun »»
Feb 13, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2020

112 by Epiroogu »»
May 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

71 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.