Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They really went for a lot of action this episode. The most painful part to watch was when Veronica got stabbed directly though. Ouch.

Of course they would also add the theme song in the grand battle for the series' finale. Overall, they aimed for an episode with action and showcasing the abilities of the characters. Seems like one of the better episodes for this season.
Dec 22, 2019 7:24 AM

Aug 2017
Fairy Gone is just another anime fantasy with a lot of stories and a lack of focus. Honestly, the awful direction from s1 took all the possibilities of being an understandable show and, while s2 improved in that aspect, the lack of focus from s1 is still there. It tries to be deep, but fails. Same score as S1, 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 22, 2019 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
I must say, splitting it into two separate cours instead of 24 episodes was a really good decision.
1st cour was complete, incomprehensible clusterfuck and done changes needed to be made.
Thankfully, they didn't wasted those four months and second cour was much better.
PiromyslDec 22, 2019 11:06 AM

Dec 22, 2019 8:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kinda liked the action but yeah it was like the first season imo...
Dec 22, 2019 8:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The tag team of Wolfran and Free though really was impressive. But Mercer will never be the king that he aspires to be though given his personality. While the charge across open ground to reach the divine beast was bold it was less so with the support of Marlya's friends. The fight between the beast and Ver though really was a bold one but one that unfortunately had a steep price to pay for. Still in death Ver gave Maryla the prefect opportunity to achieve her objective. The final confrontation between Free and Maryla and the DB though sure was impressive with Maryla's usage of the new combined fairy being especially so as represented Vers contribution in spirit as well. Though victory was achieved the cost in lives sure was high. I just hope that Marlya's new abilities will be able to make her more effective in aiding in preserving the hard won peace in the world. Overall a decent finale that managed to end the series well enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2019 9:00 AM

Dec 2017
Well, it was a bit better than S1, but still the same mistakes - zero character development, too many people, most of them unrelatable and useless, events that don't make sence - all the wasted potential is just sad.
Dec 22, 2019 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
Tbf it wasn’t that bad of a final episode. Can’t say the same about the rest of the show. At the very least it was better than S1 but that wasn’t too hard to do

Thank goodness these Fairies are Gone/10 really disappointed with PA Works on this one
Dec 22, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Veronica.
Taking down the beast wasn't an easy task.

That Axel Laboo guy got arrested again lol.

5/10.

Dec 22, 2019 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty good finale, good to see everyone's doing their best to recover and lol Axel got caught again. Thou kinda sad that Ver died, I liked her character. It was nice to see Marlya and Free together at the end, I think their ship sailed. Overall a pretty decent anime, enjoyed watching this.
Dec 22, 2019 9:51 AM

Jan 2016
Why was the Divine Beast so weak? I didn't see a single drop of blood on Marlya and Free (except Ver ofcourse...). Without a doubt I can say that this was much better than the first season, but I'm not sure it deserves a 6/10. I really liked the art and animation, but everything else was kinda meh. I wish they had more worldbuilding, development. My rating is a solid 5/10
Dec 22, 2019 10:20 AM

Dec 2018
That was the most horribly ending it could possibly have!

At first with all what seems to be strong females I believed this could be something different!! But no as always the females cries or dies and the males saves the day!! ,,Its so fucking boring!! A pattern that repeat itself indefinitely!!

Killing one of the best character destroying everything that was so good!!! Worst ending ever so disappointed., If there are males in a anime this is almost sadly guaranteed to happened every time

Anime I love strong females , Heroines are my favourites!! I adored them!! I worship them!! And I want them to win and kiss the girl!!

Why not do something different and brave!! Why most always the male be the strongest of all?Are you so afraid of portraying strong females? Are all anime creators sexist fucking pigs?

This old monotonous boring concept gets 1/10

Yuri-CrusaderDec 26, 2019 11:21 AM
Dec 22, 2019 10:36 AM
Apr 2016
It is over. It was generic through and through, but at least they finally finished Veronica off. Frankly, in 2019 such stories would only appear as a commercial product only. Because respectful creators would be too ashamed of showing something like this to others.
If I was asked to sit through it again, with my memory erased, this feeling alone I have left is enough to make me say:"No".
Yuri-Crusader said:
That was the most horribly ending it could possibly have! Not even in my wildest nightmare I can come up with a worst ending than that!!! The director of this please seek help you are sick!!

Killing the best character destroying everything that was so good!!! By god this is the biggest problem with anime horrible and sick endings!!

You got 1/10

Lived and perished as a worthless half-dimensional character. True and genuine end.
Re:formed
Dec 22, 2019 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
Kuromukuro from this studio was better. Fairy Gone was slightly better than Sirius though. First it looked promising. Solid 7/10 in the first season/half. (Where sirius barely got 7 from me ... 6.5 rounded up.) Didn't develop into anything better in 2nd half/season though. Just your usual plot.

And they could have told this in 1-cour as well. Nice action, music, chars (and uniforms) though. I liked the female leader of Dorothea and the small epiloque. (Would have hoped for a bit more though - since the plot with fighting against the beast was a bit boring.)
Dec 22, 2019 11:31 AM

Apr 2016
The anime ended exactly how it started.. Mediocre.. The only good thing was the music.. It was kinda a waste of time
Final score 6/10

Dec 22, 2019 11:44 AM
Mar 2015
Excellent ending with Ver being inside of Marlya Great graveside scene She lives on for Ver Listening both to the humans and the fairies The girls live on just like Ver and Marlya did
Dec 22, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2018
Wlep RIP to bad guy Giff Mercer and antagonist turned protagonist Veronica.

So it looks like both Marlya and Free are into a relationship.
Dec 22, 2019 12:08 PM

Apr 2009
Nooooooooooo robbed of my yuri ending;( Then Bittersweet is randomly setting sail at the end after missing the last episodes;(. On a serious note, I can't say I have an overall positive opinion of this anime tho I don't regret watching it. Things through out seemed........disjointed. The fights ranged from mediocre to down right terrible. The story just wasn't written well I thought.

The second half was better than first half but not by much. Not even enough to raise my score to be honest other than by half a point but the score system here don't work like that so im just going to leave it like the first half.

The best thing about this is probably the ost. The characters I was actually more so interested in weren't the main ones.lol. 5/10
DreddDec 22, 2019 12:30 PM
Dec 22, 2019 12:16 PM

Jul 2019
They did not repeat all misstakes of season 1 and imo the beginning was really good, but midway they added yet again too many side characters and plots.

This final episode however was really good.
Dec 22, 2019 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
We've finally reached the end of this series. It was a brave move of Veronica to sacrifice herself like that, but it gave Marlya a much stronger fairy, Blood Daughter, to use and her teamwork with Free when they battled the divine beast was pretty good. Plus points for using the first season's OP song during the fight. =3

Overall, this second season was an improvement over the first one. The story got more interesting, the animation, although still not as good as Sirius The Jaeger from last year, was still better than the first season and the character development for some of the main cast was engaging, but not for others, though.

Here's hoping 2020 will be a better year for P.A Works. Compared to their great work in 2018, this year was a bit of a let down, but it was still decent enough, thankfully.

7/10 for the second season.
Dec 22, 2019 2:51 PM

Jan 2017
I didn't feel the conclusion to the story made what we watched in the 1st cour and this one worth it. Veronica's death in this episode felt incredibly cheap in my opinion. As for this cour as a whole, I thought it started well and was remedying some of the issues I had but somewhere near the midpoint it got uninteresting again and also I think my biggest gripe with this cour was that I felt like the dialogue was bad.
Dec 22, 2019 3:07 PM

Feb 2019
Who the fuck is cutting onions bro? God, I'm gonna miss this on Sundays. Fairy Gone despite all the hate it got is definitely my favourite new series of the year along with dice club. I really enjoyed the setting, characters and plot. I just really wish PA works would have started out with the quality we got in the last few episodes. The constant name and info dumping, the subpar animation at the beginning, and the mid CGI for the entirety of the show turnt a lot of people off.

That said, I loved it and that's all that matters. Ver's death was so sad, but I suppose it was always the only way it could've ended. Not only to atone, but so that Marlya could stand on her own two feet. I felt like the show was shipping them so hard, but then nothing at the end, no "I love you"? Idk if the Free and Marlya ship sailed either, they're living together and out of Dorothea but no kiss or anything from them either?

Unfortunately, doesn't look like we'll get a season 2, but there is still the manga and that makes me feel a bit better. I hope PA learn from the mistakes made during this series and improve going forward, you'd think the creators of Another, Hanasuka Iroha, Sakura Quest, etc would have known better..
Dec 22, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
Probably the best episode of the season honestly but wow that was just a massively unimpressive finale. Ver's death wasn't even that high on the shock value...it was just predictable. I feel like whoever wrote this series stopped caring about halfway through and just let someone else wing it because just holy crap.

Oh Fairy Gone...animation was pretty good, music was amazing, voice acting was on point, plenty of lore and a strong lineup of unique characters; however, storytelling, direction and lack of vision as well as depth for the everything to come together cohesively was just not there at all. Hence why this was nothing but a 5/10 for me.

Real talk, the only way this series could have ended with a bang and really shocked me was if Marlya was killed in the end and Ver lived.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 22, 2019 6:21 PM

Jul 2017
At long last, this show is over...having spent 6 months watching this felt like I can finally have some fresh air to breathe...

The enemies' side has only the remaining remnants of the Eins Order while Dorothea and Wolfran draw their last strengths to put an end to their nefarious plans, with Marlya and Veronica the only two to stop the Divine Beast in its tracks.

Veronica's untimely but cheap sacrificial death was somehow predicted, even if my nose couldn't smell blood from afar. Welp, what a way to choose to kill off side characters with absolutely no shock factor.

In the end, it's always up to Marlya and Free to face and defeat (release) the Divine Beast with the 1st cour OP banger song.

Oh well...Axel got arrested again for minor involvement but karma always strikes him.

"All's well that ends well" is the only way to summarize the finale, and still speaking of finales, every show wants to go out big while they still can, and it's no exception for this. Even then, good finales don't mean that the series was entirely good, and that speaks volumes with Fairy Gone. 2nd cour was a lot more of incremental improvements than the 1st cour, but it still ends the way it did to the prior 1st half.

P.A. Works, you've really let us down this year.
Dec 22, 2019 6:44 PM

Mar 2013
a pretty mediocre show no matter how you look at it

still can't come up with an explanation for why this was so unpopular aside from the off putting but also pointless design of the fairies.
Dec 22, 2019 10:02 PM

Jan 2015
Predictable Veronica dead

5/10 seasons 1 is better for me

Dec 22, 2019 10:36 PM

Apr 2011
For some reason I enjoy this anime more than a lot of people...I'm usually not this far off. Like I'm giving it a 10/10 and proud of it!

Dec 23, 2019 5:45 AM

Apr 2009
As what Lord Alfred Tennyson had said "A lie which is half a truth is the darkest of lies" and now this quote from Douglas MacArthur should be a reminder for the staff of Fairy Gone "You are remembered for the rules that you break" this means that P.A Works made a darkest lie to make Fairy Gone better and also they are now remember for the rule that they break bcoz of the bad direction

P.S this show is still bad at 2 seasons and it was not great at all cost
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Dec 23, 2019 5:58 AM

Apr 2012
@Dredd Seriously? I can forgive this YC, who expectedly believed that this show would have yuri ending, but are you serious? Even if you forget that it was a very family show, you still should not forget that P.A.WORKS avoids yuri content even when it comes to all-female show and idols.

@Luthandorius Kuromukuro itself was a much more powerful show with much more charismatic characters. At least I personally liked it a lot more.
RobertBobertDec 23, 2019 6:01 AM
Dec 23, 2019 8:42 AM

Nov 2009
What impressed me the most is teamwork between Free and Wolf, I loved every moment of that fight. Surprised Wolfran didn't die protecting Free or something. What will he do now, I wonder.

Ver though... why the f*ck Marlya is so damn useless? Ver basically died because she was distracted by the need to protect Marlya who went and lost the only thing that could keep her safe from the DB - the fairy weapon. I fully blame Marlya for Ver's death.

Would've been nice to see a little more of Bitter Sweet, but I guess she reached the end of her usefullness when she gave Free all the info she had on Gui Carlin and thus stepped off the stage. Nice detail with Damian surviving and finding his calling though.

Oh, and in my book the ship hasn't sailed. Just the same old partnership.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 23, 2019 11:07 AM

Jul 2017
I guess this season was more acceptable, but in the long run, this show is not remarkable at all. Now that the series has ended, i'll ask: P.A Works, what the hell was this even? You can definitely do better than this. The concept had so much potential to bring out a fantastic story... Well, whatever, it's over now, and i really won't miss it.

3/10 for the 1st season, 4/10 for the 2nd one.

Dec 23, 2019 11:13 AM

Jun 2015
glad to hear the first opening again. It's ery powerful, one of the best things in the show.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 23, 2019 12:19 PM
Jun 2014
Had a feeling pretty early on in season 1 that they'd wrap it all up by having Veronica die to play the woefully overused and tedious "main character will live on for the sake of dead person" trope, but of course they also went for bingo and tossed in a last minute destroy the world cult, merging fairies for ultimate power, and an after credits scene pairing the main guy and girl together despite them having no chemistry throughout the entire show.

Overall what did this show even have as a running plot point for the 24 episodes? The black tomes and Veronica taking revenge on Ray, the former just amounted to some pointless mcguffins for the death cult to collect, and the latter which was dragged out right until the end and resolved in a couple of mins.

Dropped it to 4/10 for both seasons, there was a complete lack of ambition throughout, it never once deviated from a checklist of tropes despite having multiple good opportunities to do so. Even having Free die as a hero and Marlya and Veronica live for each other, while basic, would have been more a more surprising note to end on.
Dec 23, 2019 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
Ending was alright I guess. The anime had potential and it’s kind of sad that the story and the execution couldn’t keep up with great music and the nice visuals/animation. Overall I’ll give it 7/10.
Dec 23, 2019 1:45 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to feel sad or glad after this show's ending. At the very least, this was miles better than the first season, but also lacking in some departments. I'm really happy with the ending though. Free had some redemption this cour.

I wonder if the ending was hinting at a continuation for the story, if so, a third season of some sort.
Dec 23, 2019 2:42 PM

Jun 2011
Good anime, but sad they did not officially sailed the ship between Free and Marlya. As always with these Japaneses writers... They suck when it comes to do an ending.

Marinate1016 said:
Who the fuck is cutting onions bro? God, I'm gonna miss this on Sundays. Fairy Gone despite all the hate it got is definitely my favourite new series of the year along with dice club. I really enjoyed the setting, characters and plot. I just really wish PA works would have started out with the quality we got in the last few episodes. The constant name and info dumping, the subpar animation at the beginning, and the mid CGI for the entirety of the show turnt a lot of people off.

That said, I loved it and that's all that matters. Ver's death was so sad, but I suppose it was always the only way it could've ended. Not only to atone, but so that Marlya could stand on her own two feet. I felt like the show was shipping them so hard, but then nothing at the end, no "I love you"? Idk if the Free and Marlya ship sailed either, they're living together and out of Dorothea but no kiss or anything from them either?

Unfortunately, doesn't look like we'll get a season 2, but there is still the manga and that makes me feel a bit better. I hope PA learn from the mistakes made during this series and improve going forward, you'd think the creators of Another, Hanasuka Iroha, Sakura Quest, etc would have known better..

The manga is only 2 volumes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2019 3:23 PM

Feb 2019
fst said:

still can't come up with an explanation for why this was so unpopular aside from the off putting but also pointless design of the fairies.

The pacing and direction of the first few eps were atrocious. I remember the r/anime threads vividly . A lot of people didn’t like the constant name dumping either.
Dec 23, 2019 3:24 PM

Feb 2019
Seiya0890 said:
Good anime, but sad they did not officially sailed the ship between Free and Marlya. As always with these Japaneses writers... They suck when it comes to do an ending.

Marinate1016 said:

I have the manga fam I know how long it is. It just started in August my guy. Not sure the point you were making.

Not sure what you’re talking about with Japanese writers and endings seems slightly bigoted but anyway, I only consume Japanese media so imo western writing sucks.
Dec 23, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2013
Marinate1016 said:
fst said:

The pacing and direction of the first few eps were atrocious. I remember the r/anime threads vividly . A lot of people didn’t like the constant name dumping either.

yea but that only makes it mediocre it doesn't make it absolutely fucking god awful
Dec 23, 2019 7:08 PM

Feb 2019
@fst that’s subjective. For many people that does make it awful. That’s why everyone has different opinions though. Objectively, the CGI and models down the stretch were pretty bad.
Dec 23, 2019 9:35 PM

Aug 2018
Fuck Fuck Fuck!

No way Ver actually died, cmon bruh when i cared now to her and now she got killed by this fucking divine beast. Oh well at least Maryla is fine. Marlya cried a lot this series but this last episode she got me cried.

I'm glad i ignored the bad reviews of this anime and still continue this series until the end. Its very worth it i say. Its not that "bad" as many people said yeah it have its flaws but its bearable and watchable.It can be a lot of times better though especially the animation and use of cgi.

Fighting scenes i say the strongest point of this series it can be good in some episodes and the concept of fairies which i really like.

Honestly speaking
I enjoy this series more than i expected lol
A new season will be not bad though i want to see my Marlya again.

B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 23, 2019 11:06 PM

Jun 2011
Marinate1016 said:
Seiya0890 said:

I have the manga fam I know how long it is. It just started in August my guy. Not sure the point you were making.

Not sure what you’re talking about with Japanese writers and endings seems slightly bigoted but anyway, I only consume Japanese media so imo western writing sucks.

MangaUpdate states there are only 2 volumes in total. Hard to create a good story with that. Or are saying the second volume is not the last one ? Which would be nice actually.
As for the writers I said about endings not story in general. There are so many mangas animes that have bad/lame ending. But this is a subjective point of view.

Btw you don't have to sound rude you know... I was just providing information...
Dec 23, 2019 11:14 PM

Feb 2019
@seiya0890 If anything, you came off rude with the generalisation about Japanese storytelling. You’ve cleared it up. I digress.

The manga just started in August. They’re just showing you the volumes that are available.
Marinate1016Dec 23, 2019 11:20 PM
Dec 24, 2019 7:03 PM

Aug 2018
This season was a bit better than the first one (I gave it one more point). Story seems to be concluded and I don't see another season happening, perhaps an OVA picturing a prequel (Veronica & Marlya younger for example) at the best.

It was not exceptionnal obviously but still entertaining at some points (fewer boring episodes compared to the first season).
Dec 25, 2019 2:39 PM
Jan 2016
I'm honestly just so glad that I don't have to grate away at my sanity every Sunday sitting through this shit because i committed to see the series through...

Honestly, this is some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a show. Even Isekai Cheat Magician from last season with its non-existant writing made a more enjoyable show than this...it sucks because unlike that show, this one actually had a fair amount of potential, but the incoherent story and terrible character writing just turned this into a shit-storm....

I remember 1st season they threw around like 10 new names every fucking episode to the point that I only really recognized and know 1/10th of all the fucking characters they introduced only to do nothing with...still the case in season 2 for me too.

This season was better, but the glaring issues are still there. Even after 2 cours I felt utterly detatched from every fucking character. Even when Ver died I didn't even care because she never held any depth outside of wanting to kill Ray Dawn. Yeah, she was also Marlya's friend and all that, but she was not personally fleshed out in any capacity, and that was honestly every single character. No character has any kind of back story that held actual weight, and no one's actions had any obvious meaning. The only character who felt like they had any kind of reasonable motive was Wolfran, and even then we just "heard" about his motive of getting revenge for his family. No emotional flashbacks or anything that could possibly get a viewer to feel his plight. And then Ray Dawn killed off the whole fairy village for literally no fucking reason. I thought initially that he did it to get rid of the fairy possessed so that the divine beast could never be revived, but the fact that he left himself alive and also never hunted for the survivors definitely killed that theory, so that shit was basically just for exposition and nothing else....

And let's not forget how every villian in this show is build up only to get instantly flicked away like a gnat because exposition. Anyone remember how cool and daunting that one swordsman guy was who could predict movements with his fairy? (don't even remember the fucking name because they literally nuked him out of the story in the course of 5 minutes) He was actually a cool villian (one of the few) and as soon as Free faced him and he couldn't use the foresight ability, he ran away like a little bitch and Free ended him in seconds, and he was just gone....And looking at this final episode they did the same thing with the Divine Beast. Free just cuts it once and Marlya nukes it.....and this is supposed to be something that ended a whole kingdom.....

That's all to say, Fairy Poop was mediocre to the highest degree of mediocrity....next time I'll learn to take the hints faster so that I don't commit to a shitty show that just happens to look good....5/10 worst show I've seen since Mayoiga.
Dec 26, 2019 6:43 AM

Nov 2019
Welp that was dumb

Free is an overpowered MarySue
Marlya is useless

A lot of characters were underused, Ver's sacrifice is so cheap and meaningless, what the hell was that

Woflran, Ver, BitterSweet and that other blondie would've been a much better main characters than boring Marlya and the MarySue Free, even that escape artist guy would be more interesting than these two smfh

1/10

AnimeLoverMeow said:
It was a decent ending even though it's a little cliche. Veronica didn't deserve to die, Free killed the Divine Beast with a lot of easy, which made veronica's death kind of pointless.

You said it bro, Free should've died, he's such a MarySue and overpowered
Dec 26, 2019 10:05 AM

Nov 2009
This has a worse score than the dumbest isekai I've seen to date (Chiujin Koukouseitachi), and it's just wrong.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 27, 2019 5:32 AM

Apr 2009
Marlya is the worst protagonist in this series i already called her a cowardly a-hole who did not commit a good thing if see her i'll decapitate her head with a katana b4 she summoned her fairy and i will show her severed head in front of many people and say "is this wht u called a hero she's a coward!"
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Dec 28, 2019 8:21 AM

Jun 2017
Good Riddance! If only I didn't have this attitude of needing to finish what I've already started, I would've dropped this anime a long time ago. What a waste of animation!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 9, 2020 2:52 AM

Aug 2013
Holy fuck this show was bad. Like, real bad. Its a shame because it honestly had potential, but it was all wasted.
As a whole the show just tried to do wayyyyy to much so it never really fully committed to any plot line or even fleshed out half the back stories it teased.

Just taking a look at the end of the series here, it takes 23 episodes for Marlya and Ver to reunite. Marlya gives the same speech she gives to Ver every time the cross each other and this time it finally sticks. Ray Dawn who was this mysterious pseudo-bad guy the whole time, who they made seem like he had some big brain 200IQ plan going on the whole time, turns out was just a guy who admitted to fucking up by committing a war crime back in the day solely because of poor judgement, but was otherwise a decent dude who just wanted to be a good leader for his people.
Ver promises to never leave Marlya again...dies 20 minutes later doing stupid shit, just so Marlya could get a pointless deus ex power even though her fairy already had the power to stop other fairies.

Now lets delve further into all of the things this show fucked up from the get-go:

1. First and foremost, the yuri bait. From the onset Marlya was so obsessed with finding Ver, and every time she talked about her it was always in a manner that described how deep their bonds were. They never said the phrase "like family" until the 23rd episode, so the entire time they were constantly teasing some level of romantic feelings, especially on Marlya's part. And it amounted to absolutely nothing.

2. Marlya is an expert marksman who never killed a single person, and vowed to never do so. So in the actual grand scheme of things she contributed literally nothing to the team or to the story outside of main plot elements and her fairy doing things.

3. Ray Dawn and Veronica both being wastes of characters right when they redeem themselves at the end. Nothing they did in the previous episodes amounted to anything either.

4. Damien acting like a bad guy for the first half of the show, and always acting like he has a grand ulterior motive, but turns out he was just a good guy trying to stop the Black Tome from falling into bad hands.

5. Damien's back story with saving and raising Veronica not being explored.

6. Chima being shown and treated like a deux ex machina creature that was going to have massive plot relevance at some point but never did.

7. Klara and Serge always acting like they have some sort of thing going on there but that never amounts to anything.

8. The show itself tried to combine war, politics, revenge plots, fantasy, the mafia, religious cults, evil shounen final invincible threat, and other genres all into one, and in doing so overloaded and succeeded at none of them.

9. Wolfran literally wanted to destroy the world because his family died (a thing that was also never confirmed either. They said they died, but also tossed in a "but well they never even found the bodies soo...").

10. Most of anything that was "plot relevant" to the story didn't even happen until the second half (ie: Marlya's fairy powers, divine beast, fusion fairy, the entire religious cult plot line), making the first 12 episodes of the show practically irrelevant. Other than being introduced to characters, nothing of plot significance happened.

11. Axel was actually the guy who murdered the guy hiding in the slum town, and it tried to make it seem like he was actually part of Eins or something important, but that was never elaborated on. Outside of killing that guy for unexplained reasons he was just a information broker.

12. Robert was even more useless in the second half.

13. The guy who stole Ozz's fairy (who I believe was the child of the red fairy tome author) was teased like he was going to be a major player in the second half. I think he was even in a key visual. And he ended up being a nut job who lost one fight, gave out plot info, then immediately killed himself.

14. All of the different color fairy tomes were all supposed to be important for their own reasons, but that was never explained. They were all essentially their own bible about fairies with important information in them, but never explained what kind of information each one had or what differentiated them from each other. Even the black tome was a mystery outside of it teaching how to summon the divine beast.

15. The second in command of Gui Carlin was introduced as the most OP mother fucker and was presented as a legitimate threat only to die like a bitch an episode or 2 later.

16. So many weird scene cuts. Particularly between episodes. One episode could end with them riding on a train with them about to do a mission. Next episode starts with them back at HQ with whatever mission already completed off-screen. So many things were just implied to have happened, or forced in between scene changes which was incredibly jarring at times.

17. Wolfran was working for Arcame, (an organization that didnt matter) but then wasn't working for Arcame. Then he was working for Ray Dawn, but then wasn't working for Ray Dawn. Then he was working for Eins, then stopped because the speech Free gave him for the 11th time finally worked.

18. The archbishop and Eins always were one step ahead of Dorothea even without spies or leaked information. This also raises inconsistencies such as how Free was allowed to get Verosteel (something that happened but was never shown) right before Dorothea started rooting out Gui Carlin and Eins....but then Eins is one step ahead and steals all of the fairy weapons because they knew Dorothea was on to the archbishop.

19. Bitter Sweet and the blonde girl were just kind of written off and didnt make an appearance until the final monologue. And they didn't do much in the meantime either, they just constantly tried to third party whenever the black tome pages were around and always failed.

20. It was implied that there was a little something between Free and Sweetie too but that was also never explored or elaborated upon.

21. The entire show half of the time felt like a promotion for Know-name's music. Every OP/ED and Insert song was done by them, and they crammed full fledged insert songs in at every possible chance.

Honestly if I kept going and thought of every plothole, fuckup, or bad writing possible this list would probably hit 30-40 bullet points. So I'm going to stop before I lose my fucking mind. I dont know what I'm going to rate the show yet, but it wont be good that's for damn sure.
Jan 12, 2020 6:37 AM
Jul 2008
Wow.. This show took the worst P.A Works anime from Kuromukuro for me.
Kuromukuro at least had beautiful background and animation and likeable characters.

-------

Jonesy974 said:
Holy fuck this show was bad. Like, real bad. Its a shame because it honestly had potential, but it was all wasted.
As a whole the show just tried to do wayyyyy to much so it never really fully committed to any plot line or even fleshed out half the back stories it teased.

Just taking a look at the end of the series here, it takes 23 episodes for Marlya and Ver to reunite. Marlya gives the same speech she gives to Ver every time the cross each other and this time it finally sticks. Ray Dawn who was this mysterious pseudo-bad guy the whole time, who they made seem like he had some big brain 200IQ plan going on the whole time, turns out was just a guy who admitted to fucking up by committing a war crime back in the day solely because of poor judgement, but was otherwise a decent dude who just wanted to be a good leader for his people.
Ver promises to never leave Marlya again...dies 20 minutes later doing stupid shit, just so Marlya could get a pointless deus ex power even though her fairy already had the power to stop other fairies.

Now lets delve further into all of the things this show fucked up from the get-go:

1. First and foremost, the yuri bait. From the onset Marlya was so obsessed with finding Ver, and every time she talked about her it was always in a manner that described how deep their bonds were. They never said the phrase "like family" until the 23rd episode, so the entire time they were constantly teasing some level of romantic feelings, especially on Marlya's part. And it amounted to absolutely nothing.

2. Marlya is an expert marksman who never killed a single person, and vowed to never do so. So in the actual grand scheme of things she contributed literally nothing to the team or to the story outside of main plot elements and her fairy doing things.

3. Ray Dawn and Veronica both being wastes of characters right when they redeem themselves at the end. Nothing they did in the previous episodes amounted to anything either.

4. Damien acting like a bad guy for the first half of the show, and always acting like he has a grand ulterior motive, but turns out he was just a good guy trying to stop the Black Tome from falling into bad hands.

5. Damien's back story with saving and raising Veronica not being explored.

6. Chima being shown and treated like a deux ex machina creature that was going to have massive plot relevance at some point but never did.

7. Klara and Serge always acting like they have some sort of thing going on there but that never amounts to anything.

8. The show itself tried to combine war, politics, revenge plots, fantasy, the mafia, religious cults, evil shounen final invincible threat, and other genres all into one, and in doing so overloaded and succeeded at none of them.

9. Wolfran literally wanted to destroy the world because his family died (a thing that was also never confirmed either. They said they died, but also tossed in a "but well they never even found the bodies soo...").

10. Most of anything that was "plot relevant" to the story didn't even happen until the second half (ie: Marlya's fairy powers, divine beast, fusion fairy, the entire religious cult plot line), making the first 12 episodes of the show practically irrelevant. Other than being introduced to characters, nothing of plot significance happened.

11. Axel was actually the guy who murdered the guy hiding in the slum town, and it tried to make it seem like he was actually part of Eins or something important, but that was never elaborated on. Outside of killing that guy for unexplained reasons he was just a information broker.

12. Robert was even more useless in the second half.

13. The guy who stole Ozz's fairy (who I believe was the child of the red fairy tome author) was teased like he was going to be a major player in the second half. I think he was even in a key visual. And he ended up being a nut job who lost one fight, gave out plot info, then immediately killed himself.

14. All of the different color fairy tomes were all supposed to be important for their own reasons, but that was never explained. They were all essentially their own bible about fairies with important information in them, but never explained what kind of information each one had or what differentiated them from each other. Even the black tome was a mystery outside of it teaching how to summon the divine beast.

15. The second in command of Gui Carlin was introduced as the most OP mother fucker and was presented as a legitimate threat only to die like a bitch an episode or 2 later.

16. So many weird scene cuts. Particularly between episodes. One episode could end with them riding on a train with them about to do a mission. Next episode starts with them back at HQ with whatever mission already completed off-screen. So many things were just implied to have happened, or forced in between scene changes which was incredibly jarring at times.

17. Wolfran was working for Arcame, (an organization that didnt matter) but then wasn't working for Arcame. Then he was working for Ray Dawn, but then wasn't working for Ray Dawn. Then he was working for Eins, then stopped because the speech Free gave him for the 11th time finally worked.

18. The archbishop and Eins always were one step ahead of Dorothea even without spies or leaked information. This also raises inconsistencies such as how Free was allowed to get Verosteel (something that happened but was never shown) right before Dorothea started rooting out Gui Carlin and Eins....but then Eins is one step ahead and steals all of the fairy weapons because they knew Dorothea was on to the archbishop.

19. Bitter Sweet and the blonde girl were just kind of written off and didnt make an appearance until the final monologue. And they didn't do much in the meantime either, they just constantly tried to third party whenever the black tome pages were around and always failed.

20. It was implied that there was a little something between Free and Sweetie too but that was also never explored or elaborated upon.

21. The entire show half of the time felt like a promotion for Know-name's music. Every OP/ED and Insert song was done by them, and they crammed full fledged insert songs in at every possible chance.

Honestly if I kept going and thought of every plothole, fuckup, or bad writing possible this list would probably hit 30-40 bullet points. So I'm going to stop before I lose my fucking mind. I dont know what I'm going to rate the show yet, but it wont be good that's for damn sure.

I agree that they killed Veronica because the studio want to show how cool the fairy fusion and the possibility to do that.

Marlya is really god of death, everyone who want to protect her ended up died. While she did not responsible for the others dying before, the Veronica's one is her fault. Losing her weapon made Veronica going offensive because she wanted to protect her.

I'll comment on your points. This show is bad but most things you wrote are very subjective or you overthinked about it, those comment will be marked as subjective.

1. Subjective, didn't see this at all.

2. Her contribution is on her fairy, other than that yeah she's useless. She did say she's useless in her old mafia family.

3. Their story is one of many stories in the series, there's no Fairy Gone without them.

4. This one is stupid. After got captured, he became good guy who spill world crisis. Why didn't he go to Dorothea earlier? This is like someone knows an organization want to plant a bomb but didn't want to tell police, instead he loiters around bomb site waiting to be captured and then explain the bomb plan. In the end he joined the Fairy department too, no reason told why he decided to do that.

5. Even though very little, it's shown.

6. Subjective, never see it that way. They did use it to find Veronica.

7. Subjective.

8. No comment.

9. Would be funny if his family appeared after the world destroyed.

10. That's what story building is. The rebellion was quite big plot.

11. Seems like they found of he was the killer, that's why he's in prison. Though it was never shown..

12. I disagree. Robert is on the intelligence part of the team. He might not able to fight but he found many clues throughout the story.

13. Subjective.

14. While it was never explained what each book teaches, certainly they're important information of the fairies. Maybe one book explained about their body, another is about how they live, different researchers research about different things.
As you said, black was important because it shows how to summon the divine beast.

15. Subjective.

16. Subjective.

17. He worked with multiple people, usually known as double agent. He was confused and the archbishop used his confusion to make Wolf help him maybe like saying it's better for everyone to die.

18. It's not that they're always step ahead. They already anticipated how Dorothea move. It's like saying you want to keep on staying on your office/home after you killed someone instead of running away.

19. Sweet did say to the other girl that she want to go somewhere after her job was done which was gathering the black book. Though it was never really shown..

20. Subjective.

21. Subjective.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

24 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2019

26 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:25 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

18 by Kap92 »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.