Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 11, 2019 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, pandas are pretty badass in this show or at least way tougher than I had thought.

Legoshi has major balls for trying to save Haru alone. Major balls. He basically put his own life in danger to save her. The fights got more serious too.
Dec 11, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2019
Kinda sad Gouhin didnt hit Legosi with the crossbow like he did in the manga. But damn! I love me some gouhin. He so badass!

Also, damn. The music going through this epiosde was so good.
Gosha32Dec 11, 2019 9:16 AM
Dec 11, 2019 12:09 PM
Jul 2016
I've got some mixed feelings after watching this episode. So much changes from the manga and I need to get used to it. OST was amazing though I'll give it that. Good episode overall, 8/10.
Dec 11, 2019 12:14 PM

Sep 2017
Honestly since I haven't read the manga I dont know if the changes made are detrimental to some of the characters' development. But so far, the anime has done nothing but amaze me. I'll start checking out the manga right now and see how it goes, but again, I have nothing but praise for now. Amazing episode.
Dec 11, 2019 12:28 PM

Nov 2019
miguitronik said:
Honestly since I haven't read the manga I dont know if the changes made are detrimental to some of the characters' development. But so far, the anime has done nothing but amaze me. I'll start checking out the manga right now and see how it goes, but again, I have nothing but praise for now. Amazing episode.

I think for anime only, its works well since they made some scenes make more scene. But for manga readers, i think it theres a level of dissapointment to find some of these scenes they know and love not make it over.

Either way, i think the adaptation is doing a ln amazing job.
Dec 11, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2017
Gosha32 said:
miguitronik said:

I think for anime only, its works well since they made some scenes make more scene. But for manga readers, i think it theres a level of dissapointment to find some of these scenes they know and love not make it over.

Either way, i think the adaptation is doing a ln amazing job.

It is very interesting to see the differences of manga and anime - there were not only minor changes this time ... but the plot is overall similar.

But manga aside, we really had a lot of action this episode. And together with the music, the fighting scenes were quite impactful. Also contrasts well with the part where Haru mentally prepares to meet her end.

Also quite a plot twist to learn that for Haru, "love" is the only time where people don't look down on her because of her petite and fragile looks.

Really great episode overall - slowly, the anime producers seem to cut out a bit of explanation for the sake of more action scenes. Beastars is turning into a shounen xD As long as they keep up the amazing story-writing / stick roughly to the manga, it's a nice direction :)
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Dec 11, 2019 2:00 PM

Nov 2014
wow they really changed a lot in this episode too

for one, Legosi met those two guys in the beginning in a different way:

I was sooo looking forward to the ear droop...

this here revealed Gouhin the Panda's age

Gouhin also revealed something else about the Shishigumi that wasn't talked about (or shown) in the anime

and as shown here, the building/tower looks vastly different.

Legosi and Gouhin also didn't part ways in the alley, but rather teamed up

and because they teamed up, that first lion caught them together

they got rid of this scene probably cause it's kinda obscene...?

haru looked so scared during this scene

most of the fight against the shishigumi lackies took place outside, and legosi didn't take out like a dozen of them all by himself (which is super unrealistic)

gouhin also has a machine gun with him (hence the ammunition belt draped across his torso)

shishigumi's boss didn't start from haru's ears, but rather from her fingers (dunno what's the point of changing this)

Dec 11, 2019 2:04 PM

Nov 2014
xStrayWolfx said:
Really great episode overall - slowly, the anime producers seem to cut out a bit of explanation for the sake of more action scenes. Beastars is turning into a shounen xD As long as they keep up the amazing story-writing / stick roughly to the manga, it's a nice direction :)

it is a shounen though lol
Dec 11, 2019 3:07 PM

Mar 2017
ttcchen said:
xStrayWolfx said:

it is a shounen though lol

Haha guess you're right. Hasn't felt like one so far to be honest. But now the shounen vibes are getting real, especially when we have a kinda OP protagonist with a buff sidekick. Also, Gouhin looks much like Rambo in the manga xD
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Dec 11, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2019
ttcchen said:

gouhin also has a machine gun with him (hence the ammunition belt draped across his torso)

To be honest, he would have had a magic pocket to pull that out of his pants pocket.
Dec 11, 2019 4:14 PM

Nov 2014
Gosha32 said:
ttcchen said:

To be honest, he would have had a magic pocket to pull that out of his pants pocket.
or his pocket can be as deep as the entire length of his leg... lol
Dec 11, 2019 6:28 PM

Nov 2010
I don't like Legoshi didn't kill the enemy at all and the panda did all the dirty jobs. It seems the producers would like to make a fairy tale from a certain point of view.
Dec 11, 2019 7:28 PM
Jul 2016
kuroneko99 said:
I don't like Legoshi didn't kill the enemy at all and the panda did all the dirty jobs. It seems the producers would like to make a fairy tale from a certain point of view.

Legosi is not strong enough to actually kill waves of lions. He's only a young wolf.
Dec 11, 2019 7:46 PM

Oct 2015
That was intense stuff.

Wow! Louis is just folding his arms besides a tree as if it's a tea day, the scum in that bastard amazes me. If it wasn't for Legoshi, Haru would definitely be lion digest. She really owes him her life, after all, none of the guys she slept with came for her. Pretty sad stuff.

The background music that was playing while Haru was scribbling her will was amazing, and so was the animation in the room when Legoshi was charging in.

Loved every bit of it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 11, 2019 7:53 PM

Nov 2019
Also, for the manga readers here
Dec 11, 2019 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
LOCAL GRAY WOLF LITERALLY TOO ANGRY AND HORNY TO DIE
Dec 11, 2019 9:31 PM

Oct 2014
So Haru wasn't just a skank out of instinct; sex was the only way she felt empowered. First a rabbit, then various other animals, now the class president. The next inevitable step would be the predator who was one bite away from eating her. I was as shocked as Legosi when he called her his "prey."

The framing and shot-comp were top-notch this episode. This episode had the best self-contained character writing this season.
Dec 11, 2019 9:59 PM

Feb 2009
My Suspension of disbelief would have needed to be cranked up to 11 while watching this episode, as my brain was screaming "those are lions right, right?" Gouhin can win a fight against a lion, but Legosi…

Poor Legosi though he had to go against lions to show the girl he loves that he is serious.
Dec 11, 2019 10:53 PM
Apr 2016
I think it's pretty strange how nerfed the lions were, did Legosi actually stand a chance against them? Some interesting stuff about Haru's life were shown, it was nice.
Dec 11, 2019 11:29 PM

Jul 2017
Lots of changes from the manga, albeit cool moments for most of it that made it stand out.

Knowing that the Shishigumi has Haru, Legosi's back in the Black Market. Clearly he didn't learn his lesson the last time, and the possibility of him getting targeted only grows stronger. Even with the panda psychiatrist Gouhin, the depictions of both manga and anime are vastly different in scene exploration, though context is largely the same with rearrangements.

But wait, with Gouhin saving him in his dread, he faces a choice to fight against the Shishigumi together.

To Haru, her backstory on the upbringing of her family, despite their flailing weak self, she doesn't understand much. But through love and sex, she found herself as an equal to other animals for acceptance. Even at death's row, Legosi found himself in her, though he can't express his emotions well, his actions always tell his words. That moment of charging in was so beautiful with the background music.

Time to save Haru and get out of the Shishigumi in one piece.
Dec 12, 2019 1:06 AM
Jun 2017
Go legosi... fight for your love... thats how courageous he is that he is willing to show his carnivorous side just to save haru...

And haru's letter showed up what her life is...

Will legosi's effort paid off? Lets see..
Dec 12, 2019 3:20 AM

Oct 2018
Awesome episode! Things really are getting intense

That ending was beautiful though
Dec 12, 2019 3:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I begin to understand how well written is Haru's character, wonderful episode.
Dec 12, 2019 5:12 AM

Nov 2019
twoego said:
I think it's pretty strange how nerfed the lions were, did Legosi actually stand a chance against them? Some interesting stuff about Haru's life were shown, it was nice.

To be fair, he didnt actually fight most of them. He mostly dodged and just ran on.
Dec 12, 2019 5:24 AM

Feb 2017
ttcchen said:
wow they really changed a lot in this episode too

thanks for posting all these comparisons! as someone who hasnt read the manga (yet) but is really enjoying this series its really interesting to see these changes. makes me wish they had gone with the design of the tower from the manga and included the hanging corpses, that looks really dope.
Dec 12, 2019 6:34 AM

Oct 2017
The panda came to help Legosi after all lol. Legosi entered at the perfect time to save Haru, that was a sweet scene. It was nice to see that Haru realized just how much Legosi cherishes her unlike others.
Dec 12, 2019 7:06 AM

Mar 2019
That was a masterclass episode. Hooked from start to finish -- go Legosi!
Dec 12, 2019 7:22 AM
Apr 2019
Another amazing episode. Killer OST's. I like Haru as a character more now. The camera angle in the last scene of the episode looked sorta weird and the facial expressions and dialog seemed rushed in that last scene. The fight scene's were pretty good too.
Dec 12, 2019 7:42 AM
May 2016
That was so fucking good! God damn I LOVE this show! What a great episode! The direction was solid as all hell and the OST especially was used superbly for this one. Man there was so much good stuff, Orange's use of color and especially how pretty the backgrounds are really made this ep pretty to watch. But fuck man I'm just so in love with the characters of this show right now. Gouhin's a badass with a great seiyuu, Legosi just gets better and better and man I feel way differently about Haru now. I can genuinely empathize with her after learning about why she is the way she is, and I loved how she stood up for herself instead of giving in like humiliated prey at the end. But maaan that last scene with Legosi diving in like a hero, that was so good.
Dec 12, 2019 8:50 AM
Aug 2017
Modernoir said:
That was so fucking good! God damn I LOVE this show! What a great episode! The direction was solid as all hell and the OST especially was used superbly for this one. Man there was so much good stuff, Orange's use of color and especially how pretty the backgrounds are really made this ep pretty to watch. But fuck man I'm just so in love with the characters of this show right now. Gouhin's a badass with a great seiyuu, Legosi just gets better and better and man I feel way differently about Haru now. I can genuinely empathize with her after learning about why she is the way she is, and I loved how she stood up for herself instead of giving in like humiliated prey at the end. But maaan that last scene with Legosi diving in like a hero, that was so good.
The song playing as their eyes locked was amazing
Dec 12, 2019 9:39 AM

May 2018
ttcchen said:
Gosha32 said:

or his pocket can be as deep as the entire length of his leg... lol

Is that a Machine Gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Dec 12, 2019 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
Just in the nick of time! It was too reckless of Legoshi if he were to go there alone >>;

Haru really hit a nerve at the boss for provoking him to be a bad choice of meat ^^; It was a nice strategy, but she would have had a bad ending if Legoshi haven't go save her.

Great episode! Intense!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 12, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2016
Loved the episode, I just wished they utilised animal anatomy better. Id rather see Legosi make it to Haru because of his cunning and nimbleness, and the bear to be a force of nature (and the lions). Other than that I just really love the characters, story, direction etc.
Dec 12, 2019 12:12 PM

Dec 2019
I really liked the part (and the OST) where Legosi barges in. Didn't like the part where she was thinking of Louis. Let's hope our bro Legosi isn't getting cucked.
Dec 12, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2017
Well that was a really random episode...but I loved it

OST was absolutely on point, the choreography of Legosi getting passed those guards was great, Haru's monologue was well done as well

Liked Haru's story about why she's so willing to sleep with others. Kind of reminds me of Sayu from I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. in that they both had reasons far from lust for being sluts
Dec 12, 2019 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
The episode was amazing, as usual, but what I want to talk about are these episode discussion threads themselves.

I've been really enjoying this show, it's anime of the year for me so far, and yet I have barely commented on any of the discussiong threads, which is something I actually like doing. I always open the discussion thread, read through the first comments and give up. Why? Because they're 100% comprised of people talking about the differences between the anime and the manga. Often panel by panel.

Not everyone is complaining about the differences, mind you, but they're all just talking about the things which are not on the episode. Barely anyone talking about the great things that are. About the great character moments, beautiful scenes or the amazing voice acting. It's just a big game of "spot the differences" for the people who've read the manga.

Most people are at least using spoiler tags, which is good, but when 99% of the comments are just a series of spoiler tags what's even the point in anime watchers reading through the comments?? When 99% of the people are talking about a source material which you haven't read, what's even the point of commenting?? Guys, this is NOT a manga discussion thread. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA HERE. And If you MUST, you REALLY REALLY MUST (they killed a character that shouldn't have died, they skipped an entire chapter, etc) at least keep it to a minimmum.
AnotherGuyDec 12, 2019 1:54 PM
Dec 12, 2019 2:52 PM

Nov 2014
AnotherGuy said:
The episode was amazing, as usual, but what I want to talk about are these episode discussion threads themselves.

I've been really enjoying this show, it's anime of the year for me so far, and yet I have barely commented on any of the discussiong threads, which is something I actually like doing. I always open the discussion thread, read through the first comments and give up. Why? Because they're 100% comprised of people talking about the differences between the anime and the manga. Often panel by panel.

Not everyone is complaining about the differences, mind you, but they're all just talking about the things which are not on the episode. Barely anyone talking about the great things that are. About the great character moments, beautiful scenes or the amazing voice acting. It's just a big game of "spot the differences" for the people who've read the manga.

Most people are at least using spoiler tags, which is good, but when 99% of the comments are just a series of spoiler tags what's even the point in anime watchers reading through the comments?? When 99% of the people are talking about a source material which you haven't read, what's even the point of commenting?? Guys, this is NOT a manga discussion thread. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA HERE. And If you MUST, you REALLY REALLY MUST (they killed a character that shouldn't have died, they skipped an entire chapter, etc) at least keep it to a minimmum.
you talking about me bro?
Dec 12, 2019 3:19 PM

Aug 2014
It's not exactly an "anime thread", it's an "anime adaptation thread".

I honestly think discussing the manga for comparison is totally fair game, especially if manga readers feel like the changes impact negatively the final product. And they can do that while still aknowledging that anime only fans are enjoying it.

But manga comparison that are actual discussions and not just unmotivated "the manga was better" are, always were and always will be part of anime discussion threads imho
Dec 12, 2019 4:35 PM
Dec 2019
When it happened at first I thought it was gonna be a one time thing, but that full cowling thing they do with Legosi is kinda bothering me.
Dec 12, 2019 5:30 PM

Aug 2014
g7G7 said:
When it happened at first I thought it was gonna be a one time thing, but that full cowling thing they do with Legosi is kinda bothering me.

I hate Boku no Hero for inventing power ups. Now even this top-tier furry anime is copying it!
Dec 12, 2019 6:29 PM

Jun 2015
AnotherGuy said:

you have to keep in mind this is an anime adapted from a manga series that was already pretty popular and had a decent following by itself. most peopke who watch the show are manga readers themselves, since the cgi and furry elements seem to be preventing it from expanding all it potentially could. more anime-onlys will come when the anime series begins to rise in popularity more, ive alreadt noticed an increase in people saying theyll give it a shot.

sidenote: to be fair, as a manga reader myself i can see how this manga-readers takeover can be annoying, i cant watch a single scene posted on youtube of this show without the comments being filled with manga spoilers.

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Dec 12, 2019 7:38 PM

Aug 2014
catgirI said:
you have to keep in mind this is an anime adapted from a manga series that was already pretty popular and had a decent following by itself. most peopke who watch the show are manga readers themselves, since the cgi and furry elements seem to be preventing it from expanding all it potentially could. more anime-onlys will come when the anime series begins to rise in popularity more, ive alreadt noticed an increase in people saying theyll give it a shot.

I'm confident that, as soon as this hits Netflix, everyone will be a furry.
The show is that good and the CGI looks stunning (I think they went easy on the trailer and first episode to get everyone by surprise). It certainly deserves a bigger audience.
Dec 12, 2019 8:58 PM
Mar 2015
It's hero time Legosi Don't let those Dandy Lions mess with you Great will from Haru
Dec 13, 2019 3:27 AM

Nov 2018
the whole raid felt like a rpg game, very well-done.
Ah, so that's why Haru is so promiscuous, felt she had underlying issues, makes sense.
Really liked how Haru decided to face it rather than running away, Legoshi is a good influence on her.
Very nice how Legoshi came for her rescue. Maybe she will fall for him now.
Probably the best episode yet. The changes from the manga as seen in a comment above seem to be quite a few, but ye.
OrangeCloudsDec 13, 2019 3:38 AM
Dec 13, 2019 12:35 PM

Mar 2019
I loved the scene of Haru's monologue, revealing more about her. And goosh the final scene when that song started playing. This anime is really well-crafted.
Dec 13, 2019 1:40 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Little bit too much shounen feel in that raid for me; the lions all felt like unrealistically weak pushovers. Was all a bit like average bots in an RPG mission

Other than that, pretty solid episode
Dec 13, 2019 2:07 PM
Dec 2019
AnotherGuy said:
Not everyone is complaining about the differences, mind you, but they're all just talking about the things which are not on the episode. Barely anyone talking about the great things that are. About the great character moments, beautiful scenes or the amazing voice acting.

Actually I like your comment and it was one of the reasons I decided to finally stop lurking and join. Though I guess I will do more of what you don't like, just from the other angle :)

But before that first thanks to ttcchen for the detailed comparisons, that surely takes some time. I'm also flipping through the manga after every episode and I gotta say... I think Orange is improving on many of the scenes that are there (while obviously cutting some stuff, but that has to happen in a decently paced adaption).

So in this episode I think they made a great decision to move the scenes were the action takes place. In the manga it is rather plain - in front of the hideout and you see a wall and the door. In the anime they decided to have the scene in the whole complex, from the nighttime brawl near the pond, and then inside several layers. This has the important function that it gives the whole scene a forward momentum that the manga just completely lacks - nicely complementing Legosi's desire to rush to Haru. Additionaly it makes some parts more believable, for example they are not fighting 10 lions at the same time.
A neat detail is also that he does not remove his shirt early in the fight (which doesn't make any sense) but rather when he sees Haru naked (which makes a lot more sense).

The scene where Haru writes her will is shown in parallel to the horrific things happening to her. Where a lesser studio would have done it sequentially, they show it in the way it actually happens. And of course the final shot where the song plays and the glass looks like crystals. Actually I looked at the scene in the manga and only after watching the anime I actually comprehended that that was probably what Itagaki was going for in the corresponding panel.

Sorry for the long text, but I wanted to highlight that I think, although studio Orange changes some stuff, they actually know what they are doing here and make some changes which actually bring out the best in the hype scenes from the manga they are adapting.
Dec 13, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2016
Hollweg said:
I hate Boku no Hero for inventing power ups. Now even this top-tier furry anime is copying it!

What about Dragon Ball?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 13, 2019 6:23 PM

Sep 2017
Seems like there was a lot of zero sum changes this episode, but also some really stupid ones. Idk why they didn't have Legosi and Panda team up in the alleyway. The anime made it look like Legosi just happened to stumble into the Lions base immediately after leaving Panda behind. I thought to myself the second I saw that scene that they must have cut something. Of course I was correct.

Additionally it's a bit unrealistic how Legosi and Panda man were able to storm into the base with a total of 35 lions and make it all the way to the top unharmed basically.

I mean all the character focused stuff was great like usual but still.
Dec 13, 2019 6:53 PM

Mar 2018
Week after week the show blows away any kind of expectation I may have.

I don't give a single shit about whether or not it's faithful to the manga, the story I'm witnessing is incredible. Legoshi has become my favorite MC of all time, the directing is masterful every single ep and it celebrates animation by adopting different styles. This show does so many great things I can't list all of them.

I understand how manga reader may be dissapointed by changes, but as an anime-only, It's becoming one of my favorite piece of fiction ever.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

112 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

178 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

199 by chittripper1 »»
Feb 18, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

115 by Kvistis »»
Jan 10, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

104 by Kvistis »»
Jan 10, 11:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.