Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Beastars Episode 4 Discussion


#1
Oct 30, 2019 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 115434
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A broken leg...ouch. I guess shit happens in the animal world.

The tiger guy that Legoshi interacted with is an interesting fellow though. Not only that, they are both carnivores so they can somewhat relate to each other. Sure didn't take long for either of them to be fighting. The performance on stage is quite something....very unique imo.

 
#2
Oct 30, 2019 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 1854
They've made a few changes in this episode but overall it's quite good.

1. in the manga Louis overheard the conversation between Bill and Legosi in the restroom, and Bill didn't drop the bottle of blood on stage.

2. The conversation in the restroom ended a bit different.


3. During the fight on stage, Legosi wasn't wearing his shirt in the manga, and therefore the scratches look a lot more hideous and painful


4. The stance Louis took when he appeared to save Legosi (and to fix this mess of a show) is also different.


5. In the manga, Bill was so intimidated of Louis at that scene he even saw Louis' body enlarging and wings sprouting out of his back.

That makes it seem as if Bill ran away in fear. However, in the anime, Bill just ran away after Louis showed up, it seems as if he did it to help fix this mess he created and so the show can go on. Also, Louis was wearing his cast in the manga when he showed up on stage, and he wasn't in the anime.

6. The way Legosi got chosen to play the role is also a big different. Instead of hiding behind the whiteboard, he just crouched.


I love that last scene where Legosi and Louis both stood on stage under the light, despite their difference in height, they seem to be on equal footing. It really showed how Louis is so important of a character in this show he's practically the second main protagonist aka the deuteragonist.

I hope after this episode more people will start to like Louis. He's really not a bad guy once you get to know who he truly is. The real him is not arrogant, or an asshole. All that is a facade he's forced to put up due to his backstory (which we will see in around episode 6 or 7).
Modified by ttcchen, Oct 30, 2019 5:43 PM
 
#3
Oct 30, 2019 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 35
Overall another great episode whose mood was quite different from the previous episodes. Felt like a lot more action and was really full of suspense in the second half: Legoshi lands a spree of desperate punches on Bill, which causes Bill to turn bitter and try to probably finish off Legoshi as a "payback". Louis manages to defuse the situation in the style of a stage play, pleasing the exhilarated audience ...

Well, the anime has really changed quite a bit compared to the manga as already pointed out by the previous post. While a lot of dialogue and scenes have been changed, we also get one or two new scenes (e.g., a continuation of the raging PR boss).

Although I personally find that in the anime, a bit of story buildup has been cut and some visuals have been made less imposing and brutal, the anime has done a nice job. Given the ~20 minutes that flew by fast again, the changes in plot probably saved a lot of time needed to explain the plot. And the fight animation was incredibly smooth. Music is top-notch as always. Looking forward to the next episodes!
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
 
#4
Oct 30, 2019 5:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 27
this episode makes me even more excited for the Shishigumi arc
manofhonor1
 
#5
Oct 30, 2019 9:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 515
Well, Louis did indeed 'broke a leg'... His own leg.
No tomo malas decisiones, me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki y Arifureta. Así de jodido está mi gusto en anime, y estoy bien pinche orgulloso de ello.


 
#6
Oct 31, 2019 2:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
The overall episode is amazing, and also we have a new ending theme which is the best so far

I wonder how much ending theme this anime will have.
 
#7
Oct 31, 2019 3:27 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 338
So, Louis realized everything what had happened between Legoshi and Bill from the tumbled small bottle and improvised the ad lib. All the fuss is too much convenient for producers, but may have managed to clear the permissible range of the audience.
---
It seems there would be reverse discrimination things in this commune, too. The predatory animal beings have to be careful about their behaviors: they should be not too humble and not too arrogant at the same time. This makes Legoshi's life kind of uncomfortable, at least for now.
 
#8
Oct 31, 2019 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 94
Another amazing episode.
Every week the beautiful cgi and soundtrack amaze me even more. Underrated show
 
#9
Oct 31, 2019 10:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
What about the new ending?
It seems to be the classical soft-like anime ed but done damn well.

 
Oct 31, 2019 10:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
kuroneko99 said:
So, Louis realized everything what had happened between Legoshi and Bill from the tumbled small bottle and improvised the ad lib. All the fuss is too much convenient for producers, but may have managed to clear the permissible range of the audience.

In the manga Louis overhears them arguing in the bathroom.
 
Oct 31, 2019 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 100
Interesting & dark, I'm so hooked!
I loved how Louis was able to save the show and how he put his trust to Legoshi. Can't wait for next week.
 
Oct 31, 2019 8:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 6435
That was an intense play. That tiger-hug by Bill looked very painful than a bear hug, shame man, I really felt for Legoshi on that stage.

I guess the star of the show was Louis.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

 
Oct 31, 2019 9:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
I hope after this episode more people will start to like Louis. He's really not a bad guy once you get to know who he truly is. The real him is not arrogant, or an asshole. All that is a facade he's forced to put up due to his backstory (which we will see in around episode 6 or 7).[/quote]

I think we will see THAT in episode 9 if orange keeps the pacing of 4 chapters per episode like they have.
 
Oct 31, 2019 10:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5586
Louis was truly amazing Banishing the blood swilling tiger and raising Legosi to his feet All with a broken leg
 
Oct 31, 2019 11:23 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 2
I don't know who is right or wrong in this episode. Maybe it's just a perspective thing. I agree with the Bill that he shouldn't be ashamed to be a carnivore. He teeters on the line of being too proud but that's only because I'm suspicious of him being the killer. ( no spoilers if he's not, pls ) If he's not the killer, then he's really just trying to show everyone carnivores can do great things too.

I really like the bond made between Bill and Legoshi on stage. I don't think it was one sided because Legoshi said they had the same blood and he seemed at piece but also conflicted. I thought the performance was really cool as it was but Louis coming in creates more confusion for me.

Louis always complains about Legoshi being afraid of who he is but then he calls Bill a villain for being who he is while Legoshi is righteous? Even if blood is illegal, I'd think Louis would be understanding as long as Bill didn't hurt anyone to get it. Guess I'll wait and see whats next.
 
Oct 31, 2019 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 47368
wow. that was absolutely incredible. i have no words.

i like louis.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Oct 31, 2019 11:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 420
ttcchen said:
They've made a few changes in this episode but overall it's quite good.

1. in the manga Louis overheard the conversation between Bill and Legosi in the restroom, and Bill didn't drop the bottle of blood on stage.

2. The conversation in the restroom ended a bit different.


3. During the fight on stage, Legosi wasn't wearing his shirt in the manga, and therefore the scratches look a lot more hideous and painful


4. The stance Louis took when he appeared to save Legosi (and to fix this mess of a show) is also different.


5. In the manga, Bill was so intimidated of Louis at that scene he even saw Louis' body enlarging and wings sprouting out of his back.

That makes it seem as if Bill ran away in fear. However, in the anime, Bill just ran away after Louis showed up, it seems as if he did it to help fix this mess he created and so the show can go on. Also, Louis was wearing his cast in the manga when he showed up on stage, and he wasn't in the anime.

6. The way Legosi got chosen to play the role is also a big different. Instead of hiding behind the whiteboard, he just crouched.


I love that last scene where Legosi and Louis both stood on stage under the light, despite their difference in height, they seem to be on equal footing. It really showed how Louis is so important of a character in this show he's practically the second main protagonist aka the deuteragonist.

I hope after this episode more people will start to like Louis. He's really not a bad guy once you get to know who he truly is. The real him is not arrogant, or an asshole. All that is a facade he's forced to put up due to his backstory (which we will see in around episode 6 or 7).

thanks for posting the differences.
though when bill ran away, i felt like he ran out of fear because of his expression. i didn't feel like he was trying to save the show.

amazing episode as always, it's been while since i've considered giving a non sequel show a 10.
 
Nov 1, 2019 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 135
Wow, this is REALLY good! Looks like a lot of terrific episodes ahead as well.
Rumour has it that the manga 'falls apart' eventually, but not for a while so this amazing display can run for the season, and maybe another?
I'm happy with that. :-)
 
Nov 1, 2019 12:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 15
That was the first time Beastars had my full on attention. I felt completely immersed in the play and not only that I can feel the blood boiling between Legoshi and Bill. If it gets better from here some interesting things are going to happen in Beastars.
 
Nov 1, 2019 1:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 28
What an awesome show... This kind of CGI i can take.
 
Nov 1, 2019 2:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 452
Good episode, but I felt it got a bit messy in the second half. The user who posted how it went in manga, seems like it was smoother in there. The performance itself was going messy, yeah, but the way Louis saves it. Louis looking like a enlarged beast to Bill should have been emphasized. Also Legosi's motive to change could be emphasized a bit clearer.
 
Nov 1, 2019 2:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 1854
Salamak said:
ttcchen said:
They've made a few changes in this episode but overall it's quite good.

1. in the manga Louis overheard the conversation between Bill and Legosi in the restroom, and Bill didn't drop the bottle of blood on stage.

2. The conversation in the restroom ended a bit different.


3. During the fight on stage, Legosi wasn't wearing his shirt in the manga, and therefore the scratches look a lot more hideous and painful


4. The stance Louis took when he appeared to save Legosi (and to fix this mess of a show) is also different.


5. In the manga, Bill was so intimidated of Louis at that scene he even saw Louis' body enlarging and wings sprouting out of his back.

That makes it seem as if Bill ran away in fear. However, in the anime, Bill just ran away after Louis showed up, it seems as if he did it to help fix this mess he created and so the show can go on. Also, Louis was wearing his cast in the manga when he showed up on stage, and he wasn't in the anime.

6. The way Legosi got chosen to play the role is also a big different. Instead of hiding behind the whiteboard, he just crouched.


I love that last scene where Legosi and Louis both stood on stage under the light, despite their difference in height, they seem to be on equal footing. It really showed how Louis is so important of a character in this show he's practically the second main protagonist aka the deuteragonist.

I hope after this episode more people will start to like Louis. He's really not a bad guy once you get to know who he truly is. The real him is not arrogant, or an asshole. All that is a facade he's forced to put up due to his backstory (which we will see in around episode 6 or 7).

thanks for posting the differences.
though when bill ran away, i felt like he ran out of fear because of his expression. i didn't feel like he was trying to save the show.

amazing episode as always, it's been while since i've considered giving a non sequel show a 10.

I think it's probably half fear half trying to save the show cause:
1. When legosi was beating him and we hear his thoughts, his attention was still on the audience and worrying about their reaction to this situation

2. He didn't start a brawl on the show, instead he hugged legosi with his back facing the audience then scratched him, in a subtle way of fighting back and that improvised line he said about "calm down, wolf" or something. Even now, he's still conscious that they're in the middle of a show and he has to say something in this situation.

3. The way he left when louis came up, he turned and swings his cape dramatically. That's perfect for Adler's character, but it doesn't fit Bill's personality. The entire episode we see him as a Louis fanboy, optimistic, nice type of character . You'll see in the next episode that even after legosi embarrassed him and louis took his role on stage, he still didn't hold grudges for either of them.
 
Nov 1, 2019 2:29 AM

Online
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 351
The best episode by far. The themes and classist anxieties were really prevalent in this episode, especially when Louis appeared on stage.

As a character-driven drama, I'm really loving this a lot more than I thought I would.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?


------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
 
Nov 1, 2019 4:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 692
As a manga reader, couple of minor details were different. I'm so excited how the next arc will look like.
 
Nov 1, 2019 6:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 390
Great episode. I really like Louis' character so far, he and Legosi have a lot of depth. Doping on herbivore blood is a nice concept, good bit of world building.
 
Nov 1, 2019 6:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 9
I didn't expect a lot from this anime before but it seems pretty good. One of the best episodes i watched this season
 
Nov 1, 2019 6:36 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 15658
Wow, such an intense performance. Really loved how good the movements during the fights looked. Also pretty great characterisation.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

 
Nov 1, 2019 7:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 251
5Cats said:
Wow, this is REALLY good! Looks like a lot of terrific episodes ahead as well.
Rumour has it that the manga 'falls apart' eventually, but not for a while so this amazing display can run for the season, and maybe another?
I'm happy with that. :-)


Don't know where you got that from because latest arcs are litteraly the most hyped thing in the community right now and has definitely the best pro-active antagonist of the whole series thus far.
 
Nov 1, 2019 8:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
mar1217 said:
5Cats said:
Wow, this is REALLY good! Looks like a lot of terrific episodes ahead as well.
Rumour has it that the manga 'falls apart' eventually, but not for a while so this amazing display can run for the season, and maybe another?
I'm happy with that. :-)


Don't know where you got that from because latest arcs are litteraly the most hyped thing in the community right now and has definitely the best pro-active antagonist of the whole series thus far.

I dunno I can see why people might think that. The series really shifted gears a couple arcs ago and not everyone likes the direction it's gone in.

 
Nov 1, 2019 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 251
PrettyColors said:
mar1217 said:


Don't know where you got that from because latest arcs are litteraly the most hyped thing in the community right now and has definitely the best pro-active antagonist of the whole series thus far.

I dunno I can see why people might think that. The series really shifted gears a couple arcs ago and not everyone likes the direction it's gone in.



I can't actually read your spoiler since I'm following the books release (Up until Volume 6 ATM) but I have followed the subreddit along for a few months now and it doesn't seem like your assessment is widely shared in that regard for "him".

Although, it's fine to get a divergent opinion than the rest. I guess I'll just have to read it for myself when the book release get to that point in a year ... or two,lol.
 
Nov 1, 2019 10:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
mar1217 said:
PrettyColors said:

I dunno I can see why people might think that. The series really shifted gears a couple arcs ago and not everyone likes the direction it's gone in.



I can't actually read your spoiler since I'm following the books release (Up until Volume 6 ATM) but I have followed the subreddit along for a few months now and it doesn't seem like your assessment is widely shared in that regard for "him".

Although, it's fine to get a divergent opinion than the rest. I guess I'll just have to read it for myself when the book release get to that point in a year ... or two,lol.

The nature of fandom subreddits is that dissenting opinions tend to get drowned out in favor of cheerleading. I do see people complaining there though it's not the majority opinion. I think most of the people that really don't like the changes just stopped reading.

Since you're only on volume 6 you've got a ways to go but you're coming up on the first arc I saw people really complain about.
 
Nov 1, 2019 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 157
best episode so far, no doubt about it. every single detail left me speechless
 
Nov 1, 2019 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 79
I like the story of the show in that compartment I'm invested but I still have mixed feelings about the CG it sometimes looks beautiful and others it isn't it feels weird
 
Nov 1, 2019 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1090
Damn dude seeing this scene was far more violent than reading it in the manga.

I loved this episode so much <3
 
Nov 1, 2019 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2426
I found this episode surprisingly hilarious in a good way. lot of nice moments and the plot quite thicken too.

honestly by now i will be really really really surprise if people complains about the use of 3dcgi! i cant imagine many of the scenes could have come better or looked more interesting if it was done in 2d.
 
Nov 1, 2019 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2865
Best episode so far. Legosi looked like a badass coming out on stage with those bandages wrapped loosely around his face.

Tony the Tiger got his ass whooped. 10/10 ass whoppin'. My compliments to the chef.

His scars in the manga were bigger and my boy Legosi was shirtless. They put a shirt on him because they were afraid his sexy ass would convert people into the dark side.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.
 
Nov 1, 2019 3:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 18
I can't wait for next week's episode, this episode was so much full of suspense. And that part where Legoshi was rapidly punching Bill honestly sent a chill down my spine, I never thought Legoshi would go that far.
 
Nov 1, 2019 4:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1745
Love this episode as that tiger really wanting to be the star of that show by even scratching Legosi's back but the real star of the show (Louis) showed ob stage and finish the said play... hahaha...
 
Nov 1, 2019 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 488
The show is getting better, would expecting for more episodes like this. Love this episode, tiger vs wolf. Love both Legosi and Louis character here, they are likeable.
 
Nov 1, 2019 7:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 787
OMG! The tiger got too much into the performance ><; Intense!
Another great episode :D
 
Nov 1, 2019 11:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 112
Bibimbapski said:
His scars in the manga were bigger and my boy Legosi was shirtless. They put a shirt on him because they were afraid his sexy ass would convert people into the dark side.

Lol this. When Legosi goes on stage he doesn't look as wild as he did in the original. And with the way they covered him up and made the scratches smaller the 'hug' scene ended up feeling a lot less dramatic and sensual (AKA the two main trademarks of Itagaki's drawing and writing styles). Not to the point of losing its impact and meaning, I think, but still. Makes me appreciate the manga's artwork all the more.
 
Nov 2, 2019 12:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 12
I really liked it. The animation really added a lot more tension to the fight between Legosi and Bill. I don't think as much tension would've been added if the show was animated in 2-D unless the 2-D animation was handled by a studio much better at it. I believe this episode helped the animation shine. Can't wait for more!
Modified by RamenSSB, Nov 3, 2019 3:22 PM
 
Nov 2, 2019 5:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
I really like the tiger guy,his action is wrong but understandable.Just like he said,living in shadow is easy,so of course Legoshi wouldn't understand him.We can see that the animal world is pretty hard on carnivores,and Tiger(sorry I can't remember his name) wants to stand out in this environment,where nobody wants to see a tiger fully wield a sword,and everybody expect to see a deer beat a carnivore.No wonder he became so stressed and want to sip some blood,whether it's for relax or as he said a stimulant.
 
Nov 2, 2019 7:53 AM
Kami-sama

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3458
ttcchen said:

4. The stance Louis took when he appeared to save Legosi (and to fix this mess of a show) is also different.



It looks like he's JoJo posing
 
Nov 2, 2019 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2302
This was so good! Bill was hard to measure at first, he was glad that Louis-senpai chose him to take his place as Adler, but then he showed some resentment that it was a herbivore who was in the spotlight, and all. Then the incident with the rabbit blood which shook Legoshi to his core. I never thought I would see him punching Bill like that, I even got worried for a moment that he went too far, but Bill was fine, and even inflicted that wound as well.

I was worried about who saw that flask with the blood, but it was Louis-senpai, and it's safe to assume that he deduced the situation well, and the moment he got on stage was glorious! I couldn't keep in the excitement, just like the audience. It was a really intense episode, and I feel like this made Legoshi, and Louis-senpai even closer than before, can't wait for more. The ED song was pretty good too, loved it.
 
Nov 2, 2019 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 238
I loved this episode so much. I can't believe I thought this was going to be another bersek 2017 but oh boi was I dead wrong.
The CG isn't bad in any sense and might even be complimenting the story and characters here.
This episode especially just tugged so hard at my heart.
I'm going to pick up the manga as soon as this ends airing

Now I've also started thinking was tiger the killer we saw back in Ep1? I can't wait to find it. But I will. u _u
 
Nov 2, 2019 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 252
Fantastic use of CGI in this episode and overall atmosphere building. I really enjoyed it.
 
Nov 2, 2019 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1287
Damn, this episode was incredible. So they got herbivore blood dealers in school, that's fucking amazing lmao. The story is already filled with great characterization and themes, yet the potential still seems infinite.

I love how they use theater to bring out the characters' true desires, it's all just fantastic.

Visually it's insane as well, I haven't seen many CGI anime but this one really uses it to its fullest potential. The cinematography has been on point for all the episodes, but with how action packed this one was you could really see the skill that goes into it. One day the discrimination will stop, this looks great
poop
 
Nov 2, 2019 4:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 828
I loved this episode, the confrontation between Bill & Legosi was intense and Louis' appearance made everything epic
 
Nov 2, 2019 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 21351
Just like Legosi we start to see the darkness hidden away in their society, an omen of things to come. Not quite the same impact as the manga, but then that's partly because I already knew what was gonna happen.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »