Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beastars' OP song is turning out to be among my favorite this season tbh. So catchy and creative.

It looks like the lifestyle of the animal world is protrayed rather normal despite different species coexisting in society including at school. Personally, I find it really interesting at Legoshi's psychology and the way he views his food. Violence doesn't seem to be uncommon in this show either with a fight breaking out during middle of lunch.

The show seems to continously blend a line between animal and human instincts, with carnivores being the most aggressive for obvious reasons.
Oct 16, 2019 9:34 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A part of me was hoping that the characters danced in the OP and they actually did, lol. Fantastic OP!

Oct 16, 2019 2:23 PM

Nov 2014
the ears! the ears!!! are adorable!

and the op!! beautiful! creative!! i'm definitely buying those figures when they're out!

ed is good but feels too magical and fantasy-like while this show is more realistic and dark and for mature audiences.

love the part where he smelled flowers and haru thru the door. the way they made the mist turn into flowers then haru's head that is so creative and brilliant.

haru is adorable in this episode. wish there were more close-up shots of her cute soft face rather than the faraway shots of them two and the flowers. i mean, the flowers are pretty, but haru is prettier

also love the part where louis was limping then when he reached the light he forced himself to walk like normal. he really doesn't want to show his weak side to others huh.

i knew they were gonna cut off the episode at that part. cruel bastards.
ttcchenOct 16, 2019 11:08 PM
Oct 16, 2019 2:46 PM

Aug 2019
LOVED the Opening, it's so refreshing to see something new like this. Legoshi reminded me of Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox.
Oct 16, 2019 2:57 PM
Dec 2018
The performance of the combination of 3D and 2D is crazy.
Oct 17, 2019 12:20 AM

Aug 2016
I almost feel bad for all the other "meh" ops this season

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
FancyjasperOct 18, 2019 1:35 AM
:v
Oct 17, 2019 8:09 AM
Apr 2012
This is pretty good too, there's like 5 good animes this season quite rare. Stories that feel like they want to be told not stories that have been told with different characters.

I like this show quite a lot. like probably my favourite show this season no doubt. Personally the CGI is far better than anything out of Hollywood (bar like Thanos) so I don't take too much nootice to it.

But boy does this anime pass by fast.
Oct 17, 2019 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
I think what i love about the opening is the kiss with the noses ...
It's really cute.
Oct 17, 2019 12:20 PM

Mar 2015
My favorite opening this season. Nice scene of kisses, owo. But the final Legosi scene has intrigued me. So far my favorite series this season.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Oct 17, 2019 2:03 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Not a fan of the OP (the song was great whoever), but I did like that ED alot.

I have only read the first chapters of the manga but this adaptation is surpassing it so far, holy shit.
This has to be one of the best CGI implementations ever, it comes alive alot with the 2D animation.
The potential for this adaptation is immense, I love the mood alot, and the MC is shappening to be pretty interesting, but that ending, wtf...
Oct 17, 2019 2:19 PM

Feb 2014
A very creative and unique OP, Love it!
Oct 17, 2019 3:17 PM
Jul 2014
Besides the Hoshiai no Sora ED theme (and the No Guns Life OP), the Beastars OP theme is also a serious favorite now. I looove the way they animated the entirety.

The first episode had already shown us a few implications about Haru, but boy does the end of this episode really shows us the vast difference between the worlds Legosi and Haru live in. I think it was a pretty exceptional way to show how shocked Legosi was. It didn't feel contrived at all, with what we know about him thus far.

I'm really glad to have at least a solid 2 shows for the season. Can't wait for next week to come any sooner. I may regret saying.... because everything nice is coming out only on Thursday... ugh. I wish there was a spread!!!
Oct 17, 2019 3:44 PM

Dec 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
I think what I love about the opening is the kiss with the noses ...
It's really cute.

I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm so incredibly touched by the obvious love and care they put into this OP. It's just beautiful, both visually and conceptually. Best of the year in my opinion... I mean, it's stop motion after all. Can't get fancier than that.
Oct 17, 2019 4:18 PM

Mar 2017
I am so happy seeing the world of Beastars come to life! Regoshi definitely needs a pat - he seems to be lost half of the time xD

All the time, I was really wondering how the animators where going to adapt the sketched parts of the manga - very great combination of visual design (the "flowers") and some fine details. Makes sense how they animate the progress of Regoshi getting nervous!

Opening is really unique and looks incredibly "realistic" even though the creators were in part limited by not being able to use animations on the props directly. Definitely a memorable moment in anime history xD
The ED theme is a nice counterpart to the jazzy OP and a rather complex plot that starts to unfold.

Well, and the anime really has a thing for "tail wagging", as prominently shown in both the OP and ED, lol.

I'm curious as to where the anime can go beyond the manga, as the possibility of animation and sound are clear strong points of anime. Using a blend of 2D/3D makes it even the more interesting :)
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Oct 17, 2019 4:48 PM

Jul 2017
that fucking ending wtf XD
Oct 17, 2019 6:00 PM

Sep 2015
"He is quiet and weird... Alright, I'm gonna fuck him"

WTF?!?!?!
Oct 17, 2019 7:58 PM
May 2016
GOD THAT OP
Fucking amazing work as always Studio Orange, oh lord that OP was so creative. As soon as I heard the song I was hoping the OP would have a dance scene in it and that was just so fucking cute, the twist bit and the end too was something else. Good fucking shit, I'm a massive fan of Dark Crow but this is my OP of the season I think.
Oct 17, 2019 11:04 PM

Apr 2015
They got the music first and now they aced the visuals with something completly unique thanks to the same man who did Land of the Lustrous OP. He was the one who asked them to make a stop-motion OP with the help of Dwarf studio.

End result is fantastic !

It's following the manga quite nicely, now next episode will truly be a great moment for our main cast (Louis, Haru and Legosi) ! In more ways than one should I say.
I'm really hype for the Adler scene with Louis :O

Also, gotta be glad that they're not censoring this "most revealing" moment between Legosi and Haru.
Oct 18, 2019 1:47 AM

May 2014
Thread Cleaned

Please refrain from asking where to watch the episode or posting links to anime streaming sites and torrents.
Oct 18, 2019 2:01 AM

Nov 2013
Well that cliffhanger was certainly unexpected.

I'm liking this a lot so far, every part of the episode is interesting.

Also the OP is goddamn amazing.
abystoma2Oct 18, 2019 8:19 AM
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 18, 2019 4:52 AM

Jun 2013
I feel as if the animation is EVEN BETTER in this second episode. I like how they combined 2D and 3D together. It looks smoother and cleaner compared to the first episode. I am intrigued by how they did this. I wonder how long Netflix will keep this in jail before audiences outside of Japan can finally watch it.

That stop motion OP was everything! The music, the way Haru kissed Legosi while dancing. It was sooo cute! This is the best OP for me so far. I am watching No Guns Life and many other series and this OP surpasses them all for me. I can't wait until I purchase the song and download it.

That fight between the two animals in cafeteria, Legosi and Louis breaking it up is one of my favorite scenes. I'm excited for the next episode! That scene between Legosi and Haru is such a cliffhanger.

I wonder
臭い-
Oct 18, 2019 5:12 AM

Oct 2013
So, Haru is a nympho thanks to her rabbit instincts? That's genious.
Oct 18, 2019 6:38 AM
Aug 2017
no actually it has to do with dominant personality she wants some form of control over what happens in her life that is the only place she has found it
Oct 18, 2019 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
The usagi is far too calm about having a first time with a carnivore. Certainly wasn't expecting that ending.
Oct 18, 2019 9:31 AM
Aug 2018
MAAAAAAAN!!! I already hope this gets a season 2
Oct 18, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2016
LMFAO Kai when he was getting complimented for being good at sewing was so fucking cute.

Also Legoshi is so shy and pure right now lmfaaooo
Oct 18, 2019 11:59 AM

Apr 2019
I've seen the future of anime production. Even better animation than the first episode, and the story and characters develop equally well. And ending on the real usagi drop ... priceless.

Just one thing confused me. There are birdish animal students, but they serve scrambled eggs for breakfast?!

Oct 18, 2019 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Legosi's overthinking is very funny and endearing. I have a feeling I'm gonna love him as the protagonist. As for Haru, shes has to be a very broken and emotionally damaged girl to not only assume sexual intentions from every guy she meets, but be willing to go through with it in such a nonchalant manner. Not a surprise she doesnt have the healthiest mindset considering she is bullied every day and had just gone through a traumatic life-or-death experience the day before.
Oct 18, 2019 12:10 PM

May 2018
inim said:
I've seen the future of anime production. Even better animation than the first episode, and the story and characters develop equally well. And ending on the real usagi drop ... priceless.

Just one thing confused me. There are birdish animal students, but they serve scrambled eggs for breakfast?!

Hens often lay eggs and sell them to stores, they're unfertilized so it's fine, in the manga there was a chapter dedicated to this.
Oct 18, 2019 1:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
*confused siren noises*

shiro_kai said:

WTF?!?!?!
Well.. she is a rabbit after all. Breeding is second nature to them lol
Oct 18, 2019 1:42 PM

Oct 2019
I'm very surprised with this 2nd episode.

The intro was amazing and it caught me off-guard, the animation was smooth, some of the scenes were very creative.

So far this CG anime didn't have anything that ruined my immersion, which is a first.

great episode with cool scenes, 9/10

intro was 10/10
Oct 18, 2019 2:17 PM

Sep 2017
I'm getting used to the CG, thankfully

I'm really enjoying it so far, it might be my favourite anime this season

Also, THAT OPENING. By far my favourite OP of the season
Oct 18, 2019 2:49 PM

Jul 2019
This was an experience. I don't care for the cg. The opening truly was unique. The song was nice, and the idea of using puppets and stop motion animation was cool. Still the only thing in my mind after the episode was "what the heck was that ending? Why did the bunny wanted to fuck legosi? What the heck happened."
Oct 18, 2019 7:39 PM

Jun 2017
CG seemed way better this episode, and man they did a great job at world building this episode, the cafeteria really felt alive watching it through. That ending had me laughing out loud though, awesome so far!
Oct 18, 2019 8:25 PM

Oct 2015
Damn, the rabbit sure moves fast:-D :-D :-D
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 18, 2019 9:19 PM
Oct 2013
shiro_kai said:

WTF?!?!?!

Lol and Here I am thinking I'm the only one that was genuinely shocked by the ending. Couldn't believe it O_O
Oct 18, 2019 9:42 PM

May 2019
the OP is really nice

I love that the classist reading of the text is delving further into the personal nature of each character and their individual philosophies and how it coexists or contradicts the other characters and the world around them.

That final seen tho lmao

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 18, 2019 9:52 PM
Sep 2018
This adapted chapters 4-8. Also about the bunny, if you remember in episode 1, there is the rumor about her going with many guys. Also the reason she did what she did will be explained more in depth later. So that is all I can say. So far the pacing is pretty good. It is a very good adaptation of the manga so far. I am just scared how they will fit the first two arcs in 12 episodes. That is 47 chapters.
Oct 18, 2019 10:09 PM

Dec 2008
BTDee said:
LMFAO Kai when he was getting complimented for being good at sewing was so fucking cute.

That little moment might just be the cutest thing I've seen all year; that line delivery was simultaneously heart-melting and hilarious. The seiyuu for this show are all fantastic.
Oct 18, 2019 10:24 PM
Jul 2017
Why hasn’t this come out yet. No website has it. I need my Beastars!
Oct 18, 2019 10:56 PM

Dec 2018
holy heck, that stop-motion-style OP was amazing!!

and, uhh, well that's certainly an ending...
Oct 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Jan 2011
So I think we learned why everyone hates Haru.

She is such a slut! LOL!
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Jan 2011
So I think we learned why everyone hates Haru.

She is such a slut! LOL!
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 18, 2019 11:33 PM

Apr 2016
The fact that eggs and milk are served in this world makes me wonder what kind of treatment cows and chickens go through in this world. But this does seem like the kind of show that would explore that.
Oct 18, 2019 11:56 PM
Aug 2019
QueenNothing said:
The fact that eggs and milk are served in this world makes me wonder what kind of treatment cows and chickens go through in this world. But this does seem like the kind of show that would explore that.

The manga gives a few side chapters about that but I do not know if the anime is going to skim over it.
Oct 19, 2019 12:01 AM
Sep 2017
OP is a banger. This shows might be my AOTY.
Can't wait for the 3rd episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Jun 2014
100% was not expecting that- at all.
Still super excited for the third episode, though.

Also, best OP.

There's no such thing as a "man of culture", you are a COOMER.
Go outside.
Oct 19, 2019 12:36 AM

Mar 2019
lihle808 said:
Damn, the rabbit sure moves fast:-D :-D :-D

I mean they are good at multiplying
Oct 19, 2019 1:19 AM

Oct 2018
Unexpected cliffhanger, I'm starting to get why people says this series has great world building.
Oct 19, 2019 1:46 AM

Oct 2017
Poor Legosi can't understand whats happening before his eyes.
Also mating between carnivore and herbivore lmao.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

112 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

199 by chittripper1 »»
Feb 18, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

114 by Kvistis »»
Jan 11, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

115 by Kvistis »»
Jan 10, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

104 by Kvistis »»
Jan 10, 11:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.