Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder if this secret organization is even worth trusting. Seems there's still plenty of secrets in this show.

More importantly, we also got some info dump about this Gabriel guy who is familiar with GGO and even Kirito. It's also about time we got to see Sinon again. I kinda miss her since the previous seasons.
Oct 26, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Edit later
Gun game world? Showing why that guy (CV: Ishida-san) who seems to be the boss of the enemy squad before. It seems like he was requested to get the system.

Trying to figure out where Alice girl and how to capture her. Ishida-san's character going to use a character called Vector.

Someone needs to get main guy to wake up, so main girl decided to go into where he is. Others agree under the urgent situation.

Gun girl dreaming that moment where she was attacked by Ishida-san's character.

Showing other characters. Yui announcing main girl's decision.

Diving and Ishida-san's character seeing a girl.

Someone talking about killing goblins and a lady who has info. to Sakamoto-san's character, and about marrying that female knight informing about the news.
tsubasaloverOct 26, 2019 9:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 26, 2019 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

Interesting that the army people that they played against before were the one who invaded the ship.

I'm curious what Sinon's dream was all about. Was it even a dream?

Asuna in Underworld is gonna be exciting, I loved her Underworld character design from what I saw in the OP so that makes it even better.

Some minor plot conveniences regarding how they would just leave random user accounts open in a highly confidential project like Aliciziation but whatever I guess. Should make the Underworld plot more interesting and to be honest I'm more interested in that.

No Alice this week and no ED visuals as well. :(
Oct 26, 2019 10:14 AM

Jun 2017
Great episode, even for an infodump. Gabriel is the best.
Signature.
Oct 26, 2019 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
We got some info about the attackers and the Dark Territory and next week's episode should be interesting.

It was nice seeing Sinon's game character again. The way she was defeated was brutal, being strangled to death.
LeoOct 26, 2019 10:20 AM

Oct 26, 2019 10:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm its nice that we finally get to see the villains for this arc. Interesting in that they were part of the team that Kirito and friends fought against in GGO. Guess even in this world balance of power is still a priority for the yanks. Gabriel's team though sure has quite the unique makeup though. While leaving unsecured accounts within the system was a major flaw in their security its also good that they managed to keep the more powerful accounts secure as it gave Asuna the opportunity to slip in. Despite knowing that their friends lives are hanging in the balance its admirable that Klein and the others are still determined to help them. Interesting in that the land of darkness not only has humans but also a knight order of their own. Must be a them in that the knight commanders and their seconds fall for each other but it sure was sweet. Overall a solid ep that did well to introduce the arcs villain Gabriel and his goals while also setting the scene for the beginning of the next phase of the war.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2019 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
Did my girl Asuna dive in already? Seems like forever ago since I saw her in action.
Oct 26, 2019 10:31 AM

May 2018
Only the last parts where they decided to dive in is entertaining. Outside the game, everything else is boring but now for the fun to begin. Hope we get to see the war soon and the rest of the cast Shino,Suguha etc will dive in too.
Oct 26, 2019 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
Man, this week's was boring...cause these antagonists are just so....stupid. xD The way they talk to each other is really silly and dumb.

But it's still an exciting turn of events...and the proposal at the end was really sweet.^^

Lelouch0202 said:
Asuna in Underworld is gonna be exciting, I loved her Underworld character design from what I saw in the OP so that makes it even better.

Yeah, same.

Oct 26, 2019 10:48 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty ok episode overall.

Definitely can't wait to see Asuna in Underworld and how everything plays out from here.
Oct 26, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2011
Bleh, I don't like the idea of Asuna diving in the Underworld tbh. I was just remembered just how insufferable all the characters from previous seasons were. Alicizatio nwas perfect without Asuna in it ლ( ͡°; ͜ʖ ͡;°ლ )
Oct 26, 2019 11:07 AM

May 2018
Now the plot thickens, were them NSA guys were involved and hired the dervices of a certain Mr. Miller of Glowen Defense System, so looks like them NSA guys wanted Alice's SOUL Transfer tech to put some AI on their battle techs.......but, I wonder why did them JSDF just allowed them mrecs to simply steal why belongs to Japan, wouldn't their PUBLIC SECURITY INTELLIGENCE AGENCY have done something to prevent it from happening ?????
Oct 26, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2019
No best girl Alice this week and that saddens me :( but seeing Sinon in that gorgeous A-1 animation was awesome. Slower episode this week but vital foundations being laid and plot lines created. 8/10. can’t wait for next week

Off to Bokuben.
Oct 26, 2019 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
"This technology will disrupt the balance of military power in East Asia so the United States needs to take control of that technology before that can happen" Well US must to be strongest they are scared always when anyone can have stronger weapon than them so they finding absurd reasons why to get it for themselves by force...
Anyway finally we will be able to see Asuna in action after 28 episodes. Looking forward to next episode
Oct 26, 2019 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
Finally, the USA are shown as the bad guy instead of the good guys. And our girl Asuna is going to steal the show soon! Hype!!
Oct 26, 2019 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
lol USA acting as the world police here in the anime like they are doing in real life

its so stupid for them to leave the administrator or higher accounts open of the Dark Terrirtory faction though
Oct 26, 2019 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
So some sketchy rogue agent in Japan is working on some unethical experiments and potentially dangerous weapons and so an ally of Japan works with Japanese officials to apprehend this rogue technology and yet this ally is somehow the bad guy in all of this? SAO really likes to make the conflict between the main characters and the antagonists as black and white as humanly possible despite the fact that the situations are clearly full of grays. This and past seasons would have been so much more interesting and compelling if they just didn't make the antagonists these horrific sadistic monsters that are unrealistic, and instead actually represented them as another human with equally valid but opposing goals. You don't have to make some contracted company be these nefarious evil people to make them a compelling antagonist. It's unrealistic and uninteresting. I'm not overly fond of the NSA either, but they, the contracted agency, and the situation as a whole is just so overblown and theatrical that it's ridiculous.
Oct 26, 2019 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
Morag_23 said:
Finally, the USA are shown as the bad guy instead of the good guys. And our girl Asuna is going to steal the show soon! Hype!!

What are you on about? Anime always shows the USA as the bad guys. This whole situation is preposterously overblown.
Oct 26, 2019 11:40 AM

Feb 2013
Gorochu said:
Only the last parts where they decided to dive in is entertaining. Outside the game, everything else is boring but now for the fun to begin. Hope we get to see the war soon and the rest of the cast Shino,Suguha etc will dive in too.

Those scenes need to happen to explain the villains, how they enter, how the accounts works, etc. All of it that were there needed to happen.
Oct 26, 2019 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
Cool that we got some info on the attackers. America is trying to claim everything under the sun, but those hired guys obviously seem to have an agenda of their own. With them and Asuna in Underworld it should get pretty heated soon.

Pretty nice episode imo, definitely got me hyped and damn, Lipia straight up waifu material.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2019 11:46 AM

Dec 2015
deg said:
lol USA acting as the world police here in the anime like they are doing in real life

And if they didn't Japan would be a wild militant wasteland right now going around raping everyone, and you'd complain that they weren't doing anything to stop it.
Oct 26, 2019 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
Hylianticipated said:
deg said:

And if they didn't Japan would be a wild militant wasteland right now going around raping everyone, and you'd complain that they weren't doing anything to stop it.

nah im not complaining lol i just find it funny that SAO a fiction is trying to be add real life events

personally im fine with USA being the world police much better than Russia or even China for sure
Oct 26, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
I thought the main bad guy was cool until he went all rape mode in Sinon's nightmare. It seems we will get our obligatory SAO rape quota this season too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That nibba at the end, proposing to the girl he loves before a big event. Does he wants to pull all the death flags available?!
Oct 26, 2019 12:05 PM
Sep 2018
as I expected asuna goin in underworld will be next week instead of this week tho
pretty interesting episode though
Oct 26, 2019 12:12 PM

Dec 2015
deg said:
Hylianticipated said:

nah im not complaining lol i just find it funny that SAO a fiction is trying to be add real life events

personally im fine with USA being the world police much better than Russia or even China for sure

That's fair. The USA is generally a net benefit when it's involved, but Ironically I'm more on the side of just pulling out and letting everyone fend for themselves; but unfortunately the moment the US decides to act isolationist the world goes to hell and then events like 9/11 happen and we have to suit up again. Also if we pulled out of places like South Korea, then NK would just swoop in and kill everyone and the US would be blamed for that.

World affairs personal feelings aside, the new villains in this episode were just so poorly written. Why does SAO always have to make the antagonists pure psychotic evil instead of just some opposing force with compelling views? It's always like this, and it's getting dull.
Oct 26, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2018
For some reason I like the main antagonists more than Vegito and Alice xD
Oct 26, 2019 12:35 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was very good!
Many things have been revealed, others were shown so they can reconnect to them in the future, but the best thing is the last part, finally in action.
I really liked the part with Asuna, as well as the part with Sinon on GGO. How well did the voice actor say that phrase?!
I'm very hyped for everything that's going to happen and I can't wait to see Asuna in Underworld!
Oct 26, 2019 12:37 PM
Feb 2009
dang Asuna finally diving in the underworld great to see the dark territory side as well
Oct 26, 2019 12:40 PM
May 2016
I find it nonsensical that the NSA is resorting to such risky measures. The US would probably manage to gain access to the fluctlight research by means of bilateral security cooperation alone. Furthrmore, especially as it was in agreement with key members of the JSDF leadership, the NSA should have been able to gain the relevant information through infiltrating the turtle with undercover personel posing as researchers. Also, the clandestine activities we saw here would most likely be coordinated by the CIA or DIA, not the NSA. And with the infiltration team briefed on the base layout, why did they not bring the equipment neccessary to break into the cluster vault?
Oct 26, 2019 12:41 PM

Dec 2015
So weird to hear that voice actor for the Miller guy ha ha. (Same ones as Eishi from Shokugeki no Souma.) The that Engrish stuff.

But the plot is getting interesting. Now with some other humans ingame as enemies.
Definitely a lot stronger than the previous season that only was necessary to set the stage for this one. (They should have done the previous 2-cour stuff in 1-cour instead it wasn't that interesting.)

After boring episode 1 and a recap in episode 0 this is the 2nd good episode after episode 2. Hopefully episodes for and the one after that will stay on that high level. (Will depend on how the progress is made ingame and how much action they show. Since the refreshing scenes outside the game ... I guess they won't appear too soon again. Maybe one still with Asuna until she logs in.)
Oct 26, 2019 12:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
First part was not really interesting but second part !!!!!! holy shit Asuna is going to the underworld and we got to see Sinon Yui etc so much hype for the next episode I really want to see Asuna reunited with Kirito
Oct 26, 2019 12:50 PM

Jun 2019
I can't wait for Asuna meet Alice. Oh boy.
Oct 26, 2019 1:05 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Another boring episode. Three in a row, wew. This is turning out to be the worst SAO till date. I remember enjoying even II more than this.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Oct 26, 2019 1:05 PM
Aug 2018
Seriously? NOBODY is gonna point out that the purple knight at the end of the episode has Saber's voice actor?

I find it hilarious that with a Saber clone running around in this season for so many episodes, Saber's actually VA finally turns up to get a piece of the action, like 'bro, if you gonna keep copying my homework, at least let me in on the fun?!'

Also watch my best girl Sinon get choked to death by yet another creepo molester made me sad :(
Oct 26, 2019 1:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really liked seeing the antagonist in the real life setting. They give the whole situation a whole lot more "seriousness" if I can call it that way.
It's cool that Asuna makes a return to action after so long on the sidelines, but I hope that the rest of Kirito's ridiculous harem is left out of it (well Sinon is ok, but the others are cringeworthy).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2019 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
A new season, a new rapist villain, this time with an asphyxiation fetish.
Oct 26, 2019 1:36 PM

Aug 2012
What's up with Sinon attracting weird motherfuckers?
Oct 26, 2019 1:42 PM
Feb 2019
Well, so much for the peace negotiations.
Oct 26, 2019 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
Kinda boring episode, but necessary I guess. I'm sad we didn't see Asuna dive into the Underworld, need to wait another week for it. T__T Also no fair that bad guys get to use 2 super accounts while good guys only 1. The only part I liked was Lipia and Vixur at the end, didn't expect that there are Knights in the Dark Territory that wish for the peace. I also liked the chemistry between them, but didn't like the age difference. Lipia looks similar to Fanatio in both face/hair and color of armor and is in love with Vixur like Fanatio is with Bercouli. Only difference is Vixur is in love with her as well, hope Fanatio can get Bercouli too, LOL.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Oct 26, 2019 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
RIP peace negotiations lol
Oct 26, 2019 2:42 PM

Feb 2013
Illyricus said:
I thought the main bad guy was cool until he went all rape mode in Sinon's nightmare. It seems we will get our obligatory SAO rape quota this season too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That nibba at the end, proposing to the girl he loves before a big event. Does he wants to pull all the death flags available?!

How the hell you even saw rape on this? lol He was fighting her in GGO lmao The only thing he did was to kill Sinon while choking her and saying "your soul will be so sweet" as he's fascinated with souls as you could see on the ep.

Also, SAO never had rape. It had sexual assault which is different and the act of trying but not consummating the act, as rape itself never happened, unlike Goblin Slayer, for example, which rape literally happened. In SAO, two situations happens in the original LN, while in the anime, three, with the Phantom Bullet scene being original.
brzzcodeOct 26, 2019 2:51 PM
Oct 26, 2019 2:59 PM
Jun 2014
So can someone explain to me why everyone needs Alice??? Like I get that she's the one and only person to break the taboo index thus becoming a fluctlight that can essentially kill and become a soldier for them. But like its seeming as if the Dark Territory dudes have fluctlights of there own and has been a place that has been riddle by wars, so like can't they use the dark territory fluctlights???? I'm hella confused
Oct 26, 2019 3:01 PM

Oct 2010
RL episodes are so unneeded.
Just give brief explanation in a couple of sentences while communicating inside the Underworld.
Oct 26, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2019
Typical setup episode and as always with SAO it is filled with logic holes and plot convenience. Also, everything as black and white as can be. Next

I do wonder though what Asuna will be gropped by this time? It will be tough to beat the season with her as a coma patient, tentacle monster interns and Kirito's side quest of implicated wincest
Oct 26, 2019 3:17 PM

Mar 2018
So they casually take control over some way over the top characters. If 30 is considered "superaccount" and they have 70 and [ ]. Wow.

The short Sinon scene was really creepy ngl

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 26, 2019 3:18 PM

Jun 2017
FaffywaffleJLA said:
Seriously? NOBODY is gonna point out that the purple knight at the end of the episode has Saber's voice actor?

I find it hilarious that with a Saber clone running around in this season for so many episodes, Saber's actually VA finally turns up to get a piece of the action, like 'bro, if you gonna keep copying my homework, at least let me in on the fun?!'

Also watch my best girl Sinon get choked to death by yet another creepo molester made me sad :(

She isn't a Saber clone. Both Saber and Alice are inspired from Agrias.
Signature.
Oct 26, 2019 3:20 PM

Jun 2017
kingwesjr123 said:
So can someone explain to me why everyone needs Alice??? Like I get that she's the one and only person to break the taboo index thus becoming a fluctlight that can essentially kill and become a soldier for them. But like its seeming as if the Dark Territory dudes have fluctlights of there own and has been a place that has been riddle by wars, so like can't they use the dark territory fluctlights???? I'm hella confused

Because you still need to follow the geneva conventions in war. A goblin or orc would not be able to do it.
Signature.
Oct 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
So the two bad guys has dived into the Underworld. Also Asuna will be joining the world too. Things are gonna get spicy.

I wonder what was all about that dream Sinon had, it honestly looked like it will have something to do with currents events. The person who choked her seems to be an American. Maybe it's connected to the group that invaded the turtle.

Can't wait to see Asuna in the Underworld and team up with Alice.
Oct 26, 2019 3:30 PM
Jul 2014
CeddyyBearr said:
So the two bad guys has dived into the Underworld. Also Asuna will be joining the world too. Things are gonna get spicy.

I wonder what was all about that dream Sinon had, it honestly looked like it will have something to do with currents events. The person who choked her seems to be an American. Maybe it's connected to the group that invaded the turtle.

Can't wait to see Asuna in the Underworld and team up with Alice.

It's literally the same guy as the one who's leading the attack on the Ocean Turtle. She also mentioned in the very first episode last season that she wanted Kirito and Asuna to help her take on this Subtilizer guy who completely shat on her in the last tournament.

She had a nightmare about that event in that tournament. It wasn't a dream. That literally happened.
Oct 26, 2019 3:32 PM
Aug 2017
Seygneur said:
Typical setup episode and as always with SAO it is filled with logic holes and plot convenience. Also, everything as black and white as can be. Next

I do wonder though what Asuna will be gropped by this time? It will be tough to beat the season with her as a coma patient, tentacle monster interns and Kirito's side quest of implicated wincest

No. One. No “rape” this time. At least by what you idiots see it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.