Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2019 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is honestly a strange show. What I do find amusing is the variety of characters introduced so far and the world fiction. It looks like each of the main characters specializes in certain skills.

Not expecting much from the anime but the first episode seems fine. The Prince Akatsuki magician guy with the red glasses gave me a laugh with how he handled those soldiers heh
Stark700Oct 3, 2019 7:11 AM
Oct 3, 2019 7:15 AM
Jul 2019
Source LNs written by Misora Riku of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry fame. (He's the guy with the sunglasses.) https://www.animen.com.tw/FilesUpload/CK-Images/150811_44_02.JPG

Note this series is LN-exclusive (8 volumes), there is no WN version. Choujin's a concurrent LN work together with Rakudai.

Although the manga version has an English licence, the LNs do not. You'll have to know how to read Japanese.
Oct 3, 2019 7:31 AM

Apr 2016
Oh Christ almighty here we go again. Expected something generic and got something even worse. Seems to me like just another one of those pretentious "political" focused shows, that take themselves too seriously. And this actually sells in Japan ? What the fuck.

This show is the "ackchyually the animation". lol

SwagernatorOct 3, 2019 7:43 AM
Oct 3, 2019 7:54 AM

Nov 2016
Well, at least those aren't some generic characters that got transported into another world and there are 7 of them, lol. I have to admit that the premise is kinda cool on paper, but I didn't like the overly juvenile execution. Of course the MC had to fend off the rapey soldier and other stuff like that doesn't really appeal to me.

Still going to stick around because I'm interested to see how this will go.
FMmatronOct 3, 2019 7:58 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2019 8:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't even know what to retort about first with this show but I guess it can all be summarized by saying that... this was not very good

Compared to the other isekai shows we've already gotten going this season, this is definitely the worst of the bunch. Not that I expected anything else based on their respective synopsises tbf
Oct 3, 2019 8:06 AM
Feb 2009
god danggg I want a elf gurl to feed me with a french kiss as well lol this id top notch isekai alright
Oct 3, 2019 8:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Meh, looks so much generic, the universe isn't original at all and the characters are boring, I hope this gets better next episode.
Oct 3, 2019 8:14 AM

Aug 2016
I don't know how I feel yet. It's sort of awful and good at the same time. You can tell there was effort put into it. It has heart. It's a mess. Some parts are painfully generic, and some are refreshingly unique. It's somehow enjoyable, which feels like an accident. Parts of it feel like satire, parts feel like they're missing other parts, and the rest is... I don't know.

Oct 3, 2019 8:18 AM

Sep 2017
The manga was even more cringy so I was surprised that the production of it doesn't look like shit. I was expecting an Arifureta.

But then, well, what can you say? It is an unironically chuuni-byou show. These characters only make sense in the fantasy world of a 14 year old kid who desperately wants to be regarded as an adult. How would they ever develop some actual sense of depth? I doubt if the author even understand anything about politics, or magic, or science. These characters probably are only gonna have superficially designed super power and generic personality and nothing more.
Oct 3, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2018
two thumbs up for that kiss
Oct 3, 2019 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
Oh boy, here we go again. Another isekai...

Anyways, the first episode seemed fine tbh

That kiss scene.

Oct 3, 2019 8:41 AM

Dec 2017
I am having facepalms strarting from cast introduction. Ok, I could buy a prodigy inventor, prodigy doctor - well, ok, a swordsman that cuts bullets? A ninja-journalist? If it was a cast for some over-the-top comedy - it could pass for me, but it is all shown with a straight face. Next - feeding scene - like really, did author had an urge to insert some fanservice from the start? Mini nuclear reactor that survives plane crush - very funny. If it was some kind of futuristic world they isekaid from - ok, but they showed AK in that fight scene with swordsman. And politician dude also has martial skills to throw a fully armed man, how convenient. What is even going on, why did author need to do those GREAT CHARACTERS when he can't even make them a passible background? It feels like another cheat magician or smartphone isekai.
Oct 3, 2019 8:41 AM

Oct 2017
Damn that kiss was hoooot. Also a gd start i guess, this seems really interesting. Hope this turns out to be good.
MegamiRemOct 4, 2019 7:48 AM
Oct 3, 2019 8:42 AM

May 2018
I don't know............

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Oct 3, 2019 9:05 AM

Feb 2016
Every season comes with its own share of isekai. At least this one is not horrible.
The premise is a bit unique bit I wonder if it would be able to keep that up. I don't want another one of those generic bland shows.
Oct 3, 2019 9:09 AM

Jan 2016
Generic elf with big boobs....
A shitload of characters in highschool who are somehow all geniuses and control Japan? what?
WHAT THYA FYUK WAS THAT KISS THOUGH.

Although I think the worst thing about this show is the fact that they put mayonnaise on potatoes.
Oct 3, 2019 9:16 AM
Jan 2014
didn't look too much into this one, but i have one question: Is this basically scuffed Mondaijitachi?
Oct 3, 2019 9:32 AM
Nov 2015
Prepare for hard politics and trade wars boys.

The animations is good so let's try for 3 - 5 episodes.
Oct 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
A businessman, politician, physician, inventor, magician, journalist walk into a bar....despite being in high school.

Highschooler Prime Minister, only in Japan rofl.
Oct 3, 2019 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
This looks interesting compared to generic isekai but the kiss scene was totally useless.
Oct 3, 2019 9:59 AM

Mar 2016
I don't want to write it off that soon because it does give some nice vibes I was familiar with from Mondaji, but the story could potentially get dull pretty fast. At least it looks far better than all the isekai/fantasy shows from the previous season.
Oct 3, 2019 10:02 AM
May 2016
Meh, guess I'll take the premise with a huge block of salt.
Oct 3, 2019 10:04 AM
Jan 2014
If this had came out before Wise Man's Grandchild and Isekai Cheat Magician, maybe this would look less generic. Sadly this anime did come after it, and this looks even less believable. Might hold my attention more if they were maybe above-average in their own world and their knowledge of their respective skills made them look awesome in new world, but honestly all these characters look some self-inserts.
Oct 3, 2019 10:08 AM

Jul 2014
I've only watched the first three minutes of this episode and that's all I need to see to know that I hate it. How am I supposed to possibly take seriously how intelligent these characters are? It's basically superhuman to the point of being insulting. I mean, a Prime Minister in high school? Piss off with that bullshit.
Oct 3, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2013
I'm an easy man, I see blonde big tiddy elf, I watch it.

Jokes aside his was ok, not an isekai this time which revolves around one single person but a bunch of main characters. I could see some tensura stuff coming here like the kids annexing more villages and tribes through their advanced abilities, also it looks like delivering more fanservice and eyecandy like the other isekais this season
Oct 3, 2019 10:11 AM
Apr 2013
FMmatron said:
Well, at least those aren't some generic characters that got transported into another world and there are 7 of them, lol. I have to admit that the premise is kinda cool on paper, but I didn't like the overly juvenile execution. Of course the MC had to fend off the rapey soldier and other stuff like that doesn't really appeal to me.

What are you saying? There guys are that generic, if you'd look up the word you probably end up with a picture of the cast ^^

Well, despite the several plotholes, as well as infodumping and disregarding stuff like 'Show, don't tell' which like every writer ever should be aware of, I probably will continue for now. And be it only for that swordgirl. I mean, she's so generic that she actually was in Smartphone to tomo ni a few years back, but I dig sword girls. And last season we had quite some shows that surprised me, who knows.
Oct 3, 2019 10:15 AM

Oct 2018
Alright

Well, this is bad. I'll give it 2-3 more episodes, but I'll most likely drop it
-Aincrad-Oct 3, 2019 11:06 AM
Oct 3, 2019 10:21 AM

Apr 2015
So we start with an inumimi(?) and an elf having big boobs (seems big boobed elves are the norm nowadays). I asked myself why can't they be just average instead of an obvious eye candy. And that kissing fan service was just awkward even if it's feeding someone. Most likely, someone will just mash up the foodstuff. Keine looks cute though and I like how her intro gives her a cool aura and her hair reminds me of some other anime character but I can't pinpoint it. I find the whole show a bit eh, but I'll stick around a few episodes just for Keine.

Also, mayonnaise on potatoes? I'll be honest I've never heard of that outside of prepared potatoes like fries, and that's with catsup/ketchup. I initially thought it was cheese on baked potatoes, so I was like wot?
-ShInIgAmIsAmA-Oct 3, 2019 10:27 AM
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Oct 3, 2019 10:36 AM

Dec 2010
These 24 minutes felt like an insult to my intelligence. Worst new seasonal in the last few years.
Dropped 3/10
Oct 3, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
This was silly, and I hate mayonnaise. However, the premise of 7 prodigies donald trumping a fantasy world seems like it could be fun. If I am being honest, I feel like its just gonna be an average hum of comfortable predictability till the final episode. I like skilled VS over powered, but I think it will translate to being OP sooner than later.
Oct 3, 2019 10:42 AM

Mar 2018
This could be interesting... Depending on where they go with it

Honestly this is probably the isekai that interests me the most from this season.. It's the forth out of six now, while the fifth doesn't look that promising and the sixth being SAO.

The artstyle is pretty good and the animations look good too, we didn't have real action scenes tho so let's wait for that

The setting is pretty cliche ngl. Isekai, more female than male ratio (cool that it's at least 4-3 in this group), literally all 7 being op in their respective fields.
I wonder how they will be with magic if they get it (what I highly believe they will)

But yeah I think I could really like this depending on where this goes. If they don't have some kinda mental breakdown or some betrayal and mindfuck stuff
And just really go through this world "nice and easy", this may be pretty enjoyable

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 3, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
Some people here are saying this was similar to Mondaiji so I looked it up despite it looking generic af, and jesus this felt nothing like Mondaiji, these kids are pretenious chuuni's. With Mondaiji they literally have powers that doesnt suit their original world so they decided to go to a new world to challenge new heights and that they were basically bored of their world. This one doesnt feel like that.
Oct 3, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2018
This is what I was waiting for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 3, 2019 10:49 AM

Nov 2016
Play2X said:
FMmatron said:

What are you saying? There guys are that generic, if you'd look up the word you probably end up with a picture of the cast ^^

Well, despite the several plotholes, as well as infodumping and disregarding stuff like 'Show, don't tell' which like every writer ever should be aware of, I probably will continue for now. And be it only for that swordgirl. I mean, she's so generic that she actually was in Smartphone to tomo ni a few years back, but I dig sword girls. And last season we had quite some shows that surprised me, who knows.

You do realize that the word generic pretty much means common and nope, those characters are a lot, but definitely not common people. I was also rather making fun of the fact that this series is trying to be different with such an approach.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2019 10:55 AM

May 2015
That "kiss" was gross, argh.

Well, I'll continue watching, the premise doesn't sound bad. I can accept that they are all so exceptional just for the sake of the story concept. At least they have their own abilities from the past life and not something magically acquired in the isekai.
Oct 3, 2019 11:10 AM
Sep 2019
The end of the episode gave me the feeling I get when I found a new series I really like, I just want to instantly binge this anime. Can't wait for more to come out, I'll definitely be watching this one.
My candies:

Oct 3, 2019 11:17 AM

Jul 2019
Overlord's roflstomping but this time for the good, huh...

1st episode was ok. I actually laughed during the character introduction, super riddiculous... The usual little bit of fan service, a village to be saved, demihumans, evil imperial knights and a world ending/ruling monster of sorts.

By the end of next episode I expect the village to have become a flourishing beacon of civilisation.
Oct 3, 2019 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
MY GOD
UTTER GARBAGE
Oct 3, 2019 11:24 AM

May 2018
I tried to enjoy it ironically but it fails even at that.

And some people will continue to ask "Why are you guys badmouthing mass produced iskeai? It's a pretty decent formula!".
alshuOct 4, 2019 5:43 AM
Oct 3, 2019 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
Not gonna lie, that bird feeding was kind of gross. So you have a big titty elf who has no better idea than feeding a complete stranger in that way... and the complete stranger accepts it because it would be bad faith to refuse her help... ok...

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. It's nice to have more than one OP guy, all competent and able to communicate with each other.

Visually it looks good and I like the designs of the girls. Just with the big titty elf, the cute loli and the MILF best girl they already sold me the series.

Oh, and if one thing was clear to me in this episode is that bras don't exist in this place.......and it was nice....
Oct 3, 2019 11:49 AM

Mar 2019
as they introduce the mcs i was shaking my head and preparing to turn off my brain... Let's see where it will lead i love generic shit LOL
Oct 3, 2019 12:37 PM
Jul 2019
Abstract: This show is a little, actually more than a little, irritating

I think that the anime could've started off better without the unnecessary 5 minute narration on who the main seven characters and what they are talented at. It would've been much simpler to add that information as the series went on or became necessary, or even in character conversation.All the other six seem agreeable and follow the prime minister around like they're his agents or something, and other than the odd conversation or two, they don't seem to have any other personality than their talent. Given, that this story is between the seven of them the dynamic between them is nonexistent, and as such I have no idea how they are at all friends

Also it kind of pissed me off that prime minister guy didn't even care in the slightest about the pilots or the air hosts/hostess, weren't they your citizen too?!

The first episode didn't set up much of a world and only gave a generic bad guy empire, beast people which are just humans with fluffy ears, I know there should be some leeway but that scene with the elf girl kissing prime minister guy after first meeting him was way too ...you know..it was just very unappealing.

If this were a comedy or parody on the generic-ness that some isekai show have it would be so much better, but as its not...
Oct 3, 2019 12:37 PM
Aug 2010
imo, it's not bad, it's not great it's alright.

Presentation is pretty good. The premise isn't terrible, but I don't care about the characters (and, knowing the source material, some are annoying to me). But it's fine.
Oct 3, 2019 12:55 PM

Apr 2016
Overall an ok episode but I'm not expecting too much, the premise seems interesting but I don’t think it will be developed well. However, I hope that it can surprise me.
Oct 3, 2019 12:56 PM

Jul 2017
I don't know if I should feel happy or sad that there are more kiss scenes in these types of isekai's as opposed to actual romance shows

rest was ok, was kinda hoping they didn't just skip 1 month in randomly, could've been a Kanata no Astra type scenario with the cast

SkyLETV said:
Oh, and if one thing was clear to me in this episode is that bras don't exist in this place.......and it was nice....

it's the little things that have the biggest impact
Oct 3, 2019 1:09 PM
Oct 2017
The first episode is great, I've got high expectations for this anime
Oct 3, 2019 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
For now I liked the quality of animation and design and the big breasted elf and wolf girls but I'm not very fond of the background story or any of the main characters, so I'll wait the next episodes for a judgement.
Oct 3, 2019 1:11 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm these prodigies have quite the impressive skill set. Its fortunate that despite the crash that they ended up being saved by friendly locals and elves no less. Lyrule sure is quite bold with her kindness huh. Still her reaction at being interrupted sure was amusing. Its fortunate that the first ones they met were friendly. Given his profession i guess its hard for Akatsuki to believe that fantasy elements like elves are reality now. Even the simplest additions can make even the most mundane food to be more tasty. Despite her quiet nature Ringo's ability to think ahead is impressive. Aoi and Shinobu's knockout of those knights sure was fun. Hmm quite the strong first ep that while doing well in introducing the prodigies and their skill sets also did well in showing the kind of impact their skills, intelligence and real world knowledge can have on this new world. Curious to see whether this series will live up to its premise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
Short_Circut said:

SkyLETV said:

it's the little things that have the biggest impact

1. Those things are definitely not little.
2. Definitely, once I realized, I couldn't stop focusing on the elf's bust xD
Oct 3, 2019 1:55 PM
Jan 2019
Wonted666 said:
Abstract: This show is a little, actually more than a little, irritating

I think that the anime could've started off better without the unnecessary 5 minute narration on who the main seven characters and what they are talented at. It would've been much simpler to add that information as the series went on or became necessary, or even in character conversation.All the other six seem agreeable and follow the prime minister around like they're his agents or something, and other than the odd conversation or two, they don't seem to have any other personality than their talent. Given, that this story is between the seven of them the dynamic between them is nonexistent, and as such I have no idea how they are at all friends

Also it kind of pissed me off that prime minister guy didn't even care in the slightest about the pilots or the air hosts/hostess, weren't they your citizen too?!

The first episode didn't set up much of a world and only gave a generic bad guy empire, beast people which are just humans with fluffy ears, I know there should be some leeway but that scene with the elf girl kissing prime minister guy after first meeting him was way too ...you know..it was just very unappealing.

If this were a comedy or parody on the generic-ness that some isekai show have it would be so much better, but as its not...

I actually laugh when I read about the prime minister doesn't care aboit the pilot and stuff. I read the manga of this anime, so I know why that happen. But i can't give spoiler so just try to continue to watch it
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2019

66 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

44 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

80 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 25, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

76 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:03 AM

» Would there be a season 2?

Allxn - Dec 24, 2019

14 by YASS3R »»
Aug 30, 2023 7:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.