Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2019 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's a shame that those lands were controlled by such an overlord...

This episode took on another serious turn with Shinobu and the others making their way to save people with their abilities. I almost forgot about the level of technology in this series though. Not too shabby Aoi for using a missile that way lol
Stark700Nov 21, 2019 5:24 AM
Nov 21, 2019 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
Aoi was incredible, guiding the missile like that.
That spear attack was one nasty one.

Now they have guns.

Nov 21, 2019 7:55 AM

Dec 2017
So they forgot that they have a railgun that they used in siege. And the girl can run as fast as missle, strong enough to bring it to a halt, tough enough to not get hurt in the process and not to faint from boiling blood, and a way to shut fuel burn in missle. I am not even impressed by amount of cheap bs author pulls out of thin air. Also what kind of guidance was on said missle? It was not heat seaking, it was not laser one. Oh, I forgot - it is "OP MC I never knew how to write properly" type of missle. Aaaand modern military with rifles cause yes, not enough OP already, need to add more.
Nov 21, 2019 8:21 AM
Sep 2015
CHOYOYU!: High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World!
Me: I don't think it's that easy. In fact, isekai story that has high ability heroes (compared to that world's surrounding) are standard now.
Nov 21, 2019 8:21 AM

Jan 2012
What the fuck did I just watch

Nov 21, 2019 8:24 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The way that Aoi was guiding that missile was ridiculous.
Nov 21, 2019 9:00 AM

Mar 2019
She runs as fast as the missile, seems legit
Nov 21, 2019 9:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The fire spirit were really weird, now they're gone.
I must admit that Aoi has guts, even if the scene was strange.
Nov 21, 2019 9:26 AM

Dec 2013
I liked the fire spirit, it was quite cool but man, what's the limit of those guys, I imagine they are all as strong as needed.
Nov 21, 2019 9:28 AM

Jul 2010
slavemaster_1991 said:
So they forgot that they have a railgun that they used in siege. And the girl can run as fast as missle, strong enough to bring it to a halt, tough enough to not get hurt in the process and not to faint from boiling blood, and a way to shut fuel burn in missle. I am not even impressed by amount of cheap bs author pulls out of thin air. Also what kind of guidance was on said missle? It was not heat seaking, it was not laser one. Oh, I forgot - it is "OP MC I never knew how to write properly" type of missle. Aaaand modern military with rifles cause yes, not enough OP already, need to add more.

To add some complaints about the missile guidance, there were electronics on board with a camera and shit, and they clearly didn't fry, which means kumawhatever lied. They could also have gone for a ballistic launch as well, it's not really hard to do at such a distance and this level of technology, and the duke wouldn't have noticed it in time to stop it.
The whole thing was unecessary to begin with.

They are trying to squeeze time to make each character achieve impressive feats or express their personality, but they fail really hard on both sides. So far I think the illusionist shota had the most insane cringe levels, and how he floats in the air is probably some kind of bullshit physics like we just saw in this episode.
The author could have justified all of this with magic, but nope.
Nov 21, 2019 9:50 AM

May 2018
Oh great they gave Aoi some super powers , maybe they should've gone all they way by giving the rest as well.
Nov 21, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
Aoi running at the speed of a missile and being able to guide it without losing limbs while changing directions definitely was one of the most top kek moments in a while, what the fuck was that xDDD
Nov 21, 2019 9:58 AM
Feb 2009
goddamn Aoi guiding a missile just like that and looks like we got out first 50 firearms ready to go next week
Nov 21, 2019 10:20 AM

Mar 2019
slavemaster_1991 said:

The railgun melted after one shoot. I think it's not got clear in the anime but she says it on the manga. They used the last bit on uranium from the plane reactor to do it... So no gun and no ammo.
Nov 21, 2019 10:25 AM

Feb 2019
Someone watched Dr. Strangelove and said "hold my beer"

It's hard to believe this same author wrote Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Nov 21, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
Achievement Unlocked: Suspension of Disbelief Grand Master!
Nov 21, 2019 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
I was hoping they’d resolve this in a somewhat more believable manner, but LMFAO what the heck did I just watch? xD
Nov 21, 2019 11:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm thats was quite the message from Gustav. Its fortunate that both the former nobles and Tsukasa had prepared for the eventuality. Still Gustav's ability sure had interesting sub techniques as well like the flame zombies. Though the manner in which Lyrule gained the info is suspect its the only method that can be used i guess. Aoi's charge though was impressive showing well both her determination and skill. After that devastation its nice to see the spirits that were trapped by that spear be released from their torment. Its nice to see Lyrule aspire to learn magic as this will enable her to be of better use to the team. Overall a solid ep that managed to show well the impact that the spell had on the town as well as the attempt by the team to neutralise it. While the spell did cause substantial damage thankfully its ones that can be repaired. Its interesting in that rather than being a mere spell the spell is actually a manifestation of Gustav himself thats linked to him. Im curious about this mysterious messenger that provided the means to destroy the spell though. Now that Gustav's trump card's been trumped its time to pay him back with interest with firearms no less. Can't wait to get some payback.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2019 12:22 PM

Feb 2015
Aoi guiding that missile is the single stupidest action scene I've watched in any anime. Totally ridiculous.

This show is really poor, shame as it shows potential at times.
Nov 21, 2019 12:58 PM

Dec 2017
Malufeenho said:
The railgun melted after one shoot. I think it's not got clear in the anime but she says it on the manga. They used the last bit on uranium from the plane reactor to do it... So no gun and no ammo.

They already did missles after that, in mass - so dont tell me they could not build another railgun, those are the same resources. Also: you do not need uranium in any part of railgun, it is not a nuclear gun, it needs a metal slug and lots of power. And they have a powerplant that feeds like 50 factories and mines, cause clearly parts and resources do not spawn out of thin air, RIGHT? So this is just another bad excuse for authors lack of both skill and imagination.
Nov 21, 2019 1:50 PM

Feb 2019
Physics:100 = this episode lol, Aoi what the fuck. This is just my mindless entertainment series of the season. I know it's trash and the plot is subpar, but it's a decent way to past time.
Nov 21, 2019 2:12 PM

Dec 2007
Aoi running towards the lance and doing 100 slashes at it would have been more believable than what she just did in this episode...

What in the actual f#@k.
Nov 21, 2019 2:26 PM

May 2018
This episode was just stupid.
Nov 21, 2019 2:40 PM

May 2015
Seems they've got their first Russian division XD.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 21, 2019 5:33 PM
Oct 2018
She run like the damn chicken and modern warfare next ep? Lmao
Nov 21, 2019 6:24 PM

Oct 2015
I thought Aoi stopping that missile was pretty awesome, but who am I... I'm just a person that loves that OP shit, even if it was out of thin air.

Anyways, Gustave is one crazy ass and I hope to have not seen the last of him, he makes a great villain. Lyrule sudden powers made me curious, at least something is good about her character.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 21, 2019 6:26 PM
Sep 2017
So there have been times I actually quite like this show, and I will continue to watch it. I am also not generally an over-critical fan when it comes to anime. That being said, watching someone who is supposed to be a normal human girl who is simply very talented (not super-powered or magical) run at the speed of a missile and guide it by hand was flat-out ridiculous. Complete facepalm moment. SMH.
Nov 21, 2019 7:25 PM

Mar 2019
slavemaster_1991 said:
Malufeenho said:

They already did missles after that, in mass - so dont tell me they could not build another railgun, those are the same resources. Also: you do not need uranium in any part of railgun, it is not a nuclear gun, it needs a metal slug and lots of power. And they have a powerplant that feeds like 50 factories and mines, cause clearly parts and resources do not spawn out of thin air, RIGHT? So this is just another bad excuse for authors lack of both skill and imagination.

In the manga the missiles are really more crude than the anime... The last missile didn't miss in the manga it's just doesn't worked at all. The anime is just making things more stupid.
Nov 21, 2019 10:21 PM

Dec 2015
That missile scene was beyond stupid. I get it, their talents/abilities are "the best in the world" and yet they are still incredibly exaggerated for the sake of convenience and easy storytelling; however, they are still operating outside of the assistance of magic so being able to run alongside a freaking missile and stopping it dead in its tracks and redirecting it several times in sharp turns is just too preposterous even for this show. The entire time that whole scene was going down I was just thinking "are you kidding me right now?" This show was never good, but during the first few minutes of today's episode I was hoping we'd see an interesting turn where the good guys couldn't manage for once and would take a genuine blow to their city, lives, and morale, requiring a clever solution to rally the troops so to speak; but instead this episode was just an entirely new low of convenient "get out of jail free" cards (even more so than creating an instantaneous and devout religion with mayonnaise). Even though they supposedly sustained damage to 1/3 of the city, no real consequences are going to be felt from this attack and everything is just going to continue being hunky-dory.

I just want to point out that I usually enjoy the ridiculous overpowered MC isekai genre, even objectively bad ones like In Another World with my Smartphone, but they are usually presented in a way that prefaces the entire show that the MC is overpowered and nothing will go wrong, and the enjoyment is seeing just how hilariously overpowered they actually are and can get out of any superficially dangerous situation easily. This anime in contrast tries to present itself as a serious plot with genuine problems to solve using ingenuity and a unique set of skills rather than blazing through everything with a conveniently overpowered MC (e.g. instead of just kicking the ass of the bad guy they craftily work him out of business), but instead the plot for this anime continually is overturned with convenient and ridiculous solutions at any moment that make zero sense in the world they are trying to create. Either have the overpowered MCs that solve everything with ease and ridiculous explosions that make you laugh from the sheer nonsensical power like most isekai anime, or go the more nuanced route requiring the talented MCs to use their skills creatively to solve issues with a mix of successes and failures, but not both. This hybrid formula and narrative style is not enjoyable in the least.
Nov 22, 2019 12:08 AM
Mar 2018
slavemaster_1991 said:

Type of show where questions shouldn't be asked, I don't even know whats going on anymore.
Nov 22, 2019 12:13 AM
Mar 2018
So I've just watched last episode and I'm pretty sure that's how you get a brain tumor...
Nov 22, 2019 10:12 AM

Jan 2016
Ok how did the missile manage to blow up the arrow when he was able to evade the missile earlier EZ???

He should've been able to clap that missile back easily
Nov 22, 2019 12:53 PM

Jul 2017
HAHAHAHAH ok this episode was beyond stupid. Idgaf about so-called "realism" but at least make it believable lmao. Then again, Aoi was always the most bs character in this series. Jesus, others have pointed out already how ridiculous that whole missile thing was

And what better way to have a bs reasoning to save the day other than "I don't know." Like they could've at least made the spirits guide Riruru or something

smh why it always gotta be the bad shows that have great character designs/art
Nov 22, 2019 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
i'll just pretend that when they "were transferred" to that world, they got a bit of super power, otherwisethis wouldn't make any sense haha
was still entertaining, a lot more than last episode at least
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 22, 2019 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
this was the dumbest thing i watched all week, like i've given up on questioning shit since this author doesn't give a fuck lol

i fucking loath the fact the decent char designs are wasted on this
Nov 23, 2019 12:54 AM

Mar 2018
Well that was pretty ridiculous ngl
Prodigy ok. Not superhuman. What Aoi did there can't even be called human
Big minus point.. Other than that.. Episode seemed fine to me

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 23, 2019 5:31 AM
Oct 2018
RIP physics 😂😂😂😂
1. Aoi X missile-kun scene.
2. 3 missiles direct hit are not enough to destroy the spear in air, but 1 missile with some manual control could end the spear's whole career 😂
Nov 23, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2009
I always had hopes that this series would pull itself out of the mediocrity that the last couple of weeks had been.

However instead it takes a drastic turn in the other direction, so basically a prodigy now implies they are on the level of superheroes now? Aoi was already a really flat character in the personality department for me but now all of a sudden she can run along side a missile that is probably going the speed of sound without having limbs torn off. She didnt even lose a finger or even break a nail when she clawed the side of a building to redirect the missile...

There is suspension of disbelief because you know "animelol!" but this was just retarded.

Any hopes of this actually being a decent Isekai have been blown up just as much as Gustave's lance was. I'll get to the end of it to say I've done so, but the rating for me took an irrecoverable nosedive from this episode.

1/5.
Nov 23, 2019 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
You know what makes this sad, you have a world were magic exists and if used right it could of explain how the girl was able to keep up with a missile or go trough bricked floor to turn and jump it but not the writer was to lazy to even write that and say she is just special gifted, even for prodiges there has to be a limit.

At the same time while everyone is giving grand speeches or having slow conversation the town and people are literally burning with every second. Tsk this series is funny but at the same time so ridiculus that it kills the jokes.
Nov 23, 2019 4:01 PM

Nov 2009
Not only was it what the fuck, it was even a fucking kaijuu fight. Big fire baddy vs hero, an audience cheering her on ("Ikeee!") and the baddy going "Bakanaaa!!!..." when defeated.
The level of mental damage from this episode is....
Nov 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Sep 2016
Yea Aoi and missile physics wtf, but magic predicting and countering modern technology, okay, xD

What I mean is, people complain that MCs are superhuman and do ridiculous things, but the dude using magic so powerful to deflect a goddamn XXI century missile, from distance, with a reaction speed that surpassed rocket speed, yea that's okay.
Double standards, m'kay.

Maybe MCs aren't normal humans huh? lolz

Just accept you're not the one to decide the capabilities of the characters.

End of episode, 50 people with firearms, hm? Time to conquer 10k+ armies with no firearms like europeans did with native americans in XV/XVI century!
Still dubious if teaching people how to make their firearms is a good choice or not.
Having some enemy learn how to make them would be troublesome.
I would have kept the secret for now.

edit: oh also, about ridiculous things about physics, if we were so analytic about everything, basically most shows with superpowers would make no sense.
People with no propelling powers rotating or changing directions mid air, tossing enemies towards the ground from mid air without recoil? Yea...
Just don't.
FullyChargedNov 23, 2019 10:15 PM
bruh
Nov 23, 2019 10:58 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm it is getting a bit political...but overalll enciting story
Nov 24, 2019 2:48 AM

Oct 2017
That fire spell was way more powerful than I thought it would be. Thnx to Aoi's effort they r safe this time. Also nice they made guns, time to kill Gustave.
Nov 24, 2019 7:43 AM

Feb 2019
Honestly, we're reaching ridiculousness levels that shouldn't be possible. Aoi guiding that missile, literally running as fast as a MISSILE, guiding it with her bare hands, stopping and controlling it by having her BARE FEET go against the ground and get out of there UNSCATHED is just complete bullshit. I know that anime, fantasy, fiction means that you have liberty with what can happen, but I think there's a limit to how much of this you can just pull out of a hat anytime you want. That was utterly ridiculous.

But I must admit I am kind of excited for the next episode, seeing their rifles and all. They look like regular rifles, I hope they are and not laser rifles. Honestly this is the most realistic of their technologies so far. The railgun was ridiculously OP, the missiles seemed more advanced than ours, so this rifle actually looks OP but not ridiculously OP. They kind of look like World War 2 soldiers. I'm actually looking forward to that one. Unless they start shooting lasers.
Nov 24, 2019 8:39 AM

Feb 2011
This show is all over the place in a bad way.
What was the point in naming their special traits if they're just blown out of proportion and never explained?

Nov 24, 2019 9:33 AM

Mar 2014
As if they couldn't get any more ridiculous, now they have Aoi who apparently is a super humanthat can run as fast the missiles, strong enough to change its trajectories and came out with out single scratch (which weirdly her teammates seems to be impressed by this BS makes it even more sillier) !!!!

If she is this powerful why bother with the missiles and all the other technological nonsenses to deal with Gustave flaming lance or any threats?? Just send her to deal with it and it will be done shortly.

And the last part to my surprise we saw firearms in the hands of a bunch of soldiers to signal they are making a counterattack....
RedChromeNov 24, 2019 9:47 AM
Nov 24, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2019
I wished the the author would have chosen the power of Gustav's attack to the extent that it could be somehow dealt without ruining the whole prodigy theme.
Even Superman felt envy watching this lol..
I kinda hate it when people try to become oversmart ( in this case, the author) and make enjoyable things cringy.
That fire spirit spear whatever.. attack was something no one had been prepared for at that point, it was fukin' random. Just some random psycho villain with overpowered specs doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Lumin_Nov 24, 2019 2:32 PM
Nov 25, 2019 5:54 AM

Jul 2017
What is this world turning into...such nonsense and blatant tricks galore...

Tsukasa and his group of prodigies are out of options when it comes to defeating Lord Gustave, and all it take is Lyrule's constant nightmares as consultants to defeat this strong magic.

Finally, Aoi's getting the spotlight this episode...to follow a missile...? That's some superpower strength that's idiocy when it is made sense. At least the overzealous Lord is defeated for now, he'll strike soon enough.

And I think we know when to stop this nonsensical show when it calls for it. Being prodigies in another world shoulda be creative in spots, not being OP for such reasons like this. And the author is just TOO fixated on displaying these antics without any backbone, what could be enjoyable into trash.

Isekai Smartphone defies all logic? I'd think that THIS show wins that rhetoric to blatancy and uncreativeness.
Nov 25, 2019 11:03 AM

Feb 2017
And the show continues to get worse and worse or I should say relaibly progressing on its downward trend, the cliches and tropes are un-bear-able...

This episode I was really really hoping to see a cool conflict between science and magic, instead we got a high school girl running with a missile...

Anyway despite my low opinion, for some reason I just cannot stop watching it so it does have that unique ability.
Nov 26, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2017
This fucking show, man... My score fluctuates so much. Like... that missile scene was like something straight out of looney tunes.

And then immdiately after we get a great sequence with a nice soundtrack, good well voice acted dialogue, pretty artwork.

This show is like your drug addict friend where you never know which version you're going to get and he can change personality all of a sudden.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

44 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

80 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 25, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

76 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:03 AM

» Would there be a season 2?

Allxn - Dec 24, 2019

14 by YASS3R »»
Aug 30, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2019

93 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.