Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm really glad Carole and Tuesday finally completed their latest work. Great job girls.

We got a collective gathering of the world's most talented musicians on New Year's Eve. I think it's a great way to celebrate the show altogether for their love of music. In essence, Carole and Tuesday also concludes their own journey since it's the place they first appeared to public.

What a show this has been tbh, one of my favorite anime this year. We got a "to be continued''..maybe a movie in the future?
Stark700Oct 2, 2019 10:00 AM
Oct 2, 2019 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
HiroC's character says he's going to hide, and let ex-child actress to continue singing her own song.

Suwabe-reporter sensed the people following them.

The duo finally completed the song.

HiroC's character's father getting caught.

Album has already completed, but the duo is too busy with that one song. The title of the ep. is the anime.

Brother revealing the truth to politician mother. She told that guy go, and resigned to be president for now.

Sakamoto-san's character approving them. There are some musicians and staffs willing to volunteer.

That mysterious singer and web famous guy in same unit after that competition?

ex-child actress finally came. She said the duo's songs are like what she used to be, carefree with no pressure and did not want to admit it.

Everyone watching the broadcast. It seems like that judge is one of the audiences there?

The song is the ED. "Mother" by Voices from Mars.

Three singers hugging together.
Stark700 said:
We got a "to be continued''..maybe a movie in the future?
It's Actually "Will be continued... In your mind"
tsubasaloverOct 2, 2019 10:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 2, 2019 10:43 AM

Nov 2015
Stark700 said:
We got a "to be continued''..maybe a movie in the future?

It was to be continued... in your mind

Space Dandy had a “maybe be continued” but it’s been 6 years and it never continued.

Angela started this whole rivalry thing in the 1st place when she just could have been friends with C&T. Now C A T.

The final song was a good “we are the world song.” 😊
Old_School_AkiraOct 2, 2019 1:57 PM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 2, 2019 12:34 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy smokes, this was a fudging glorious finale episode!

Incredibly moving seven minutes, that! Damn right, the buildup from episode 1's very prologue was all worth it for this! Still on repeat for the 4th time now to date! Tell you what, we’ve had some superb quality of music throughout the series but currently I don’t think there’s a single one (Move Mountains & Light a Fire by Angela, Love Yourself by Pyotr, Galactic Mermaids, The Loneliest Girl by Carole & Tuesday etc.) that tops this. God, this better be the final song with all the artists chipping in for the upcoming Live Event 2 on Oct. 6!

Seeing all those Characters that're a big part of Angela, Carole & Tuesday's lives in particular (plus Pyotr's graceful presence lol) in addition really gave the whole scene a lot more of a .. punch, I suppose. Awesome stuff, truly!

"It will be Continued .. In Your Mind" - It'll certainly stick around for a while, thank you Studio Bones, Director Watanabe-san and everyone else (musicians, artists, composers, VAs, producers and more) involved in this brilliant project!

Now then, with that aside, time to delve into further, the Politics side of things casted aside like that for the finale makes it seem a bit pointless of sorts but this show has always been about the music and I feel like that did more than enough to raise the stakes here for those glorious seven minutes to really shine through. Can’t deny that it’s been a bit little underwhelming for the most bit, however.

Back to this episode, Carole & Tuesday ecstatic over finishing the lyrics just earlier was a real treat to watch, they've been such a fun company to keep up with from the very start! It was really nice to see how they were fretting so much in case the project flops but then the rise in spirits as soon as the musicians came in one by one. Sweet words too to follow, great to see! I really hope Desmond isn’t dead right after the song though... Still surprised by his return last episode, I was sure he passed away earlier after all.

Kyle and Carole’s brother were nearly down and out for a second there at the start, it’s incredible that they came out of that with just a cold, lol. Moving on, I didn’t expect Carole’s mother to accept things like that so effortlessly (by the looks on Spencer’s face, he agrees too) but I suppose that there’s no way around the conclusive proof that they managed to garner. What a way to cut ties and resign though, way to go Valerie-san!

I think I need to rewatch the bit on Tao’s little info revelations there with subs. As far as I could understand, they’re somehow related (family-wise, was it?) and there was something about Angela’s father being some bigshot or something of the sort. Whoo, certainly didn’t see this coming either. Didn’t expect the landlord-san to make a small cameo too, that really was heartwarming though!

Overall, this has been an incredible and a new experience kind of a watch really! Like many, I did enjoy the first half more for being more focused on the music and on the ascendence of Carole & Tuesday but it’s been some ride, albeit mixed, through the second half too. Angela’s Character, for instance, received a ton of development and likewise for Carole & Tuesday so on that note, I’d have to say it was a positive addition.

Departments-wise, the Sound Department easily takes the throne as you’d expect thanks to the god-tier music in particular. I’d love to see a collab between musicians all around the world and anime creators like this once again! It’s hard to deny that the anime industry is indeed changing now so here’s to hoping that this will serve as a stepping stone for more of such future collaborations! Storyline, Characters and Art/Animation meanwhile weren’t anything spectacular or so to say but they all did their parts nevertheless m. Quite the diverse and large set of characters so handling all that within just 24 episodes isn’t exactly possible plus some of the characters were a bit difficult to get a hold on but some of the genuine developments of the main trio in particular that we’d the pleasure to see through was brilliant and so a Department well done imo. Animation quality wasn’t the most impressive either but the setting and interesting character designs definitely stood out far more than its downsides. Another feature that I really found entertaining throughout was the direction, Watanabe-san really is great! I hope to see some shows in the near future from his direction!

As such, I’ll award this show a solid 8.25/10! After this finale episode, I feel like I’m being a little too harsh in all honesty but I reckon this is a well-deserved score nevertheless!

Definitely going to chime in on the upcoming Live Event and I’m obviously holding on to that light feathery chance of something more from this project.

Goodbye Carole & Tuesday (just for now though, hopefully)!
_MushiRock11_Oct 2, 2019 12:41 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2, 2019 8:43 PM

Dec 2015
Absolutely miraculous final episode! One of the best I've seen.
But not nearly enough to redeem rest of the series, which was slow paced, and rather uneventful.
XXXXXXXXXIIIOct 2, 2019 8:47 PM
Oct 2, 2019 11:03 PM
Feb 2019
aye the final episode is out!!! too bad im too tired to watch it. cant wait to watch it tomorrow.
Oct 3, 2019 3:54 AM

Nov 2014
In an uncomfortably plausible future rife with technology, Carole and Tuesday remind us of our humanity. This series was such a joyous ride—and surprise. I was just expecting a cute music anime, not something so layered and opinionated. I hope we get a movie or OVA. If not, I'm happy with what we got.

8/10 overall

My full review:
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=318985
Oct 3, 2019 4:00 AM
Jan 2018
It's nice to see how Watanabe can absolutely kill a show I loved. The ending is good but the entire second cour has been absolutely awful in pretty much it's entirety. What once had charm and seemingly limitless potential, was reduced to mind numbing drivel with no sense of pace whatsoever. It was padded out with pointless side stories that added nothing. Then rushed to hell in these past few episodes when Watanabe remembers what the show actually was about. The loss of focus from two girls and self discovery with music to a political mess had no transition whatsoever. Perhaps this is a sign that Watanabe should retire now as his recent shows have pretty much all been disappointing.
A painful 4/10
Oct 3, 2019 6:00 AM

Apr 2014
Animaniaig said:
The loss of focus from two girls and self discovery with music to a political mess had no transition whatsoever.

We knew Valerie was a politician from the beginning though so how did you not see this coming?
Oct 3, 2019 6:02 AM
Jan 2018
MiiyoSon said:
Animaniaig said:
The loss of focus from two girls and self discovery with music to a political mess had no transition whatsoever.

We knew Valerie was a politician from the beginning though so how did you not see this coming?

Just because she was a politician, it doesn't mean they need to force it into the story and change the focus so badly.
Oct 3, 2019 6:07 AM

Apr 2014
Animaniaig said:
MiiyoSon said:

Just because she was a politician, it doesn't mean they need to force it into the story and change the focus so badly.

But you're saying that there was no transition between the two. Valerie was still in the middle of her campaign during the first half. There was also the fact that during the first cour the show kept bringing up Carole was a refugee so you knew they were going to touch in the subject at some point. I least I did.
Oct 3, 2019 6:10 AM
Jan 2018
MiiyoSon said:
Animaniaig said:

But you're saying that there was no transition between the two. Valerie was still in the middle of her campaign during the first half. There was also the fact that during the first cour the show kept bringing up Carole as being a refugee so you knew they were going to touch in the subject at some point. I least I did.

Yes but they touched on it in entirely the wrong way. Her meeting her father and the initial meeting of Amer were the right ways to touch on her being a refugee. The political strife and artist censorship was an awful way to touch on it because it ended up directing focus away from them and the original concept almost entirely.
Oct 3, 2019 6:16 AM

Apr 2014
Animaniaig said:
MiiyoSon said:

But you're saying that there was no transition between the two. Valerie was still in the middle of her campaign during the first half. There was also the fact that during the first cour the show kept bringing up Carole as being a refugee so you knew they were going to touch in the subject at some point. I least I did.

Yes but they touched on it in entirely the wrong way. Her meeting her father and the initial meeting of Amer were the right ways to touch on her being a refugee. The political strife and artist censorship was an awful way to touch on it because it ended up directing focus away from them and the original concept almost entirely.

But the show has been about music this whole entire with the 2nd half highlighting how music can affect us in a similar way as politics can with them even being one in the same. That's as smooth a transition as I ever seen one.
Oct 3, 2019 7:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
First of all, that was actually a surprisingly great performance to end it all with. Probably the best song by itself but also with a lot more time and effort put into it. So that was nice to see

At the same time... I still walk away from C&T a bit disappointed overall. Really what was this anime supposed to be about in the end? It felt like a show with an identity crisis where they tried to utilize too many different plot elements without really committing to any of them. Part coming-of-age story, part idol show, part futuristic sci-fi show on Mars, part dystopian story of humans trying to overcome AI superiority and part jab at current day immigration politics? It's just too spread out without any real focus

But still 6/10 in the end probably
Oct 3, 2019 7:27 AM
Jul 2013
Lmao that credit in the end, overall what a great ride
Oct 3, 2019 7:32 AM

Oct 2017
"To be continued.... In your mind" sadly i got my hopes up and it got shattered in seconds lol.

Anyway this episode was really nice, the last song and the feelings delivered throu it really was a miracle. Angela best girl till the end, all of her songs were the best in this series. Thou kinda sad she didn't get to be with Tao.
MegamiRemOct 3, 2019 7:35 AM
Oct 3, 2019 7:43 AM

Sep 2017
Well,this was a long adventure to watch this marvelous anime.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Oct 3, 2019 7:53 AM

Feb 2011
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
Absolutely miraculous final episode! One of the best I've seen.
But not nearly enough to redeem rest of the series, which was slow paced, and rather uneventful.

I agree. I was not too fond of the series but it was still a nice one regardless. The finale was really touching. Looking forward to Shinichiro Watanabe's next project !

Oct 3, 2019 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
^Beautiful shot right there, probably my favorite of this anime.

About the episode.... uh, it certainly did not live up to my expectations. I was really hyped about it. It just didn't feel complete for me. It felt forced, especially with Valerie and Jerry part.

Oh well, it's fine, it was a fun ride overall.

I feel bad for Angela's unrequited love for Tao, and it's all up to fanfic writers to continue the ship now.

Also what happened to Ezekiel? They didn't even show him listening to the song. As for the song itself though, I found it pretty inspiring. I liked the fact that they ended it in an ambiguous note and make you decide on whether the system changed or not.

Also, am I right to think Valerie will probably pass her candidacy to Spencer? It would be cool.

7/10
Oct 3, 2019 8:19 AM

Dec 2016
i feel like the political side of c&t was left underdeveloped - which the anime was really forcing in and thus it makes no sense leaving it like that. song was good but, again, how did it relate to the mars-earth situation? there was no reason for the police to storm it either.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Oct 3, 2019 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Song at the end put me to tears. Really appreciate that they put some of the songs on streaming services but I want more that’s missing!
PurpleRequiemOct 3, 2019 9:42 AM
"I only studied a little bit of history and I have learned there are two current thoughts in human history. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life and the opinion that there is nothing preferable to life. When the war begins, it is on the pretext of the former type of people and it justify the latter when the war ends"
Oct 3, 2019 8:27 AM

Jan 2018
Really gonna miss this show. One of my favorite anime of this year.
Oct 3, 2019 8:29 AM
Aug 2008
Last song really took 7 minues. It was cute ending.
Oct 3, 2019 8:33 AM

Oct 2010
This ended up being one of the biggest disappointments of the year. Really expected a lot more from Watanabe. There was a lot of good songs, but also a lot of bad ones loaded with autotune and other effects. Plot didn't seem to know where it wanted to go until the last few episodes where everything (besides the the crimes, thanks Spencer!) was resolved with a really generic and repetitive song (with great vocals at least). Overall it was tropey and lackluster

Really not sure why they tried to make me feel bad for Angela. she was a brat 90% of the show, and her final arc was too rushed. Her mom dying suddenly didn't really work well for her development when all she did after that was lay in bed until Tao came back for 5 seconds. The last song was a beautiful scene but it didn't make up for all the other issues.

Basically this anime went downhill during the "Mars Idol" arc. It seemed to be heading the right direction again for 2 or 3 episodes after that but then seemed to lose track of what it wanted. Not an awful show, still better than the average. 8/10 overall.
Oct 3, 2019 8:47 AM

Oct 2015
That was an epic ending, truly spine chilling! That really was a good song. The hype was real on the song, even Desmond came back from the dead for it:-D

Damn that reveal by Tao, I didn't know he had a sad past like that. But I'm glad he finally exposed those guys. I see Valerie has stepped down from her candidacy as president too, most of all fired Jerry. I actually liked Jerry, and I'm glad he never got arrested or anything. But I doubt he would take his dismissal just like that, I Would've liked a continuation to see his fate. For a last episode it didn't sweep well on the plot, it only managed to keep everything under carpet.

This was a freshly unique, artistically rich anime and I was glad to be part of it. But sometimes it felt empty and lacked precise delivery, hence I became sleepy in some parts and episode. It also lacked depth and emotions of a drama series. The music was nice though, the actors sang beautifully more than any anime I've seen. The art was the best out of any anime this year. I also liked the revolutionary setting and plot incorporated into it. The characters were also very memorable and likable. The only problem was the delivery, but other that it was good. The romance part was also not done.

But I hope for season 2 someday though.

8/10.
lihle808Oct 3, 2019 8:50 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 3, 2019 8:57 AM
Aug 2008
Also, it will always be funny:

Desmond: *f*cking dies*
Also Desmond: *sings in last ep*
Oct 3, 2019 8:58 AM

Feb 2014
GLORIOUS!! SUPERB!! FANTASTIC!!
What an amazing season this has been. The musical we got in a long time and one that the world needed. I'm really glad that I picked this show. The characters in it are quite inspiring and true to their beliefs. Each of them turned out to walk the same path even though they started on a different note. The 7-min miracle song was totally worth the wait over 24 episodes. This really is the song we need in today's world.

(I just watched Joker today and was thinking all day long what the world has become to. And this song, is the savior of souls.)
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 3, 2019 8:58 AM

Nov 2016
Last performance felt like a mix of We Are the World and Where is the Love? :D

I wasn't a big fan of the plot during the second half, but damn, this was an amazing finale. Beautiful performance and how everyone came together was emotionally satisfying to say the least. Almost shed a tear there.

So yeah, in that sense I'm glad that this series ended with a bang and it allowed me pretty much to overlook all the little issues I had.
FMmatronOct 4, 2019 6:44 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2019 9:03 AM

Aug 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm really glad Carole and Tuesday finally completed their latest work. Great job girls.

We got a collective gathering of the world's most talented musicians on New Year's Eve. I think it's a great way to celebrate the show altogether for their love of music. In essence, Carole and Tuesday also concludes their own journey since it's the place they first appeared to public.

What a show this has been tbh, one of my favorite anime this year. We got a "to be continued''..maybe a movie in the future?

I think it is one of the first time we rated an anime with the same mark !

Well that was a very good music show, it ain't my favorite genre but those I watched always brought me smiles & emotions (Given, Love Live School Idol, Zombieland Saga, Carole & Tuesday, my list isn't that big for this genre).

Anyway, that was an amazing final episode, a big blast coming from nowhere. Well actually we knew from the very beginning and it had been repeated at each episode that a miraculous thing would happen, indeed, but it finally took place. Ending remains positive on every aspect and for everyone, I appreciated seeing almost every relevant character in the show.

However I almost grew very exciting to see "to be continued", until I noticed they added the last words "in your mind' eheh. That seems better though, giving additional screentime wouldn't be great considering we have seen every important things of a musical show (beginning from dust, growing progressively until being produced and then winning something).
Oct 3, 2019 9:07 AM

Feb 2014
Otorez said:

Well that was a very good music show, it ain't my favorite genre but those I watched always brought me smiles & emotions (Given, Love Live School Idol, Zombieland Saga, Carole & Tuesday, my list isn't that big for this genre).

However I almost grew very exciting to see "to be continued", until I noticed they added the last words "in your mind' eheh. That seems better though, giving additional screentime wouldn't be great considering we have seen every important things of a musical show (beginning from dust, growing progressively until being produced and then winning something).

I feel you. Shows like these really heal the inner self. Make you feel human.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 3, 2019 9:08 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm. The song itself wasn't half bad but whole ending where everyone were magically brought together by love to solve the problem and lived happily ever after was. What was even the message of the show?
Everything went just way too easy, swat team was pushover and there was no character growth for both main protagonists.

I guess the only interesting thing in this episode was the fact that Tao was Angela's genetically modificated brother like her.

It started well but with politics (that had no real meaning in the end) and rather average music it's pretty forgettable anime. Let's move on, guys.

meh/10
Oct 3, 2019 9:08 AM

May 2015
It was a great song, so many charming voices. Everything and everyone came together at the end and that was a good way to combine all those separate episodes into a decent finale.

Although the mother-daughter relationship between Tuesday and Valerie was still underdeveloped. It was quite a plain conflict solved with the kids believing in their mother and her just happen to be actually good. Which is good and all but I think there should have been more focus on the issue. She was angry with Tuesday before to the point that she locked her up, constantly said how disappointed she is and that Tuesday is useless. There should have been more background and actual interactions between them, the way it is it looks just like resolution for the sake of resolution with no actual basis for any of this. For some reason, even Angela's relationship with her mother was more developed emotionally and storywise despite the fact that all this started with Tuesday running away from home in the first place.

The sudden reveal about Angela and Tao's origin was... alright, I guess. Not so much necessary though. And the whole thing with politics overall was not impressive. Yeah, it gave us some conflict but, once again, it feels like it was there just for the sake of conflict too.

Well, I'm not exactly complaining, I enjoyed most of the episodes, the songs are truly beautiful and the characters are very likable. It just feels a bit off because of some things that come across as unnecessary. Remember the girl obsessed with Tuesday? Looking back, what was even the point? She could have at least showed up for the last song saying sorry or something.

In conclusion, I'd prefer this anime to be just pure happy-go-lucky slice of life, honestly. Still, one of the best things from this year. 8/10
Oct 3, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
I absolutely loved this last episode, it was so nice seeing them all together. I really wanted to see Flora singing again (although I was missing my girls, the Mermaid Sisters lol)
That shot with Carole, Tuesday and Angela hugging melted my heart :)

Well this was a fun ride!
I do agree that it had quite a few problems, especially in the second cour. The political side was really messy. The whole thing with Valerie at the end felt way too rushed and forced (even though I loved seeing her reacting to the song)
But even then, I really enjoyed this series, I loved the music and the visuals and I'm gonna miss it.
Oct 3, 2019 9:26 AM

Mar 2018
Ooooo myyyy gooood
This was sooo good. like. SOooo Gooood. Lost my speech.

And they freakin baited us. When the last pic showed
"Will be continued

I was so happy but also confused because I wondered where this would go after that. Only things I could think of where reactions to the song, change in politics and relationships that were teased while they sang
And then it turns out it wasn't the last pic. transcends to the very last pic
in your mind"

And it freakin did. I was baited. But I'm still happy. I'm happy it ended there after this 7 minute miracle. I'm happy they said it continues in our mind, our imagination. I would be disapponted if they make a continuation, really.

I was sad that we didn't have the mermaid sisters in the whole get-together :(

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 3, 2019 9:54 AM

Mar 2008
This was a beautiful ending. 8/10 The only thing that could have made it better was if The Mermaid Sisters showed up and busted a jig. lmao
Oct 3, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
That song was amazing. A beautiful ending to everything.

And I like that Valerie came to hear senses at the end too. A good series though--the story, was ok. Definitely could have been much better. Would have liked them to expand more on the state of music and the world with all the AIs. But the music was top notch. 10/10 for the music in this whole series. I just want another season purely for more C&T music.

Would be great if Nai Br.XX & Celeina Ann became a duo and started making more music together.

7.5/10 (rounding up to 8--all because of the music)

Klad said:
Also what happened to Ezekiel? They didn't even show him listening to the song.

He was there. They showed him standing on a corner watching on his phone with the skateboard next to him.
Oct 3, 2019 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
Great anime. 9/10 from me. But tbh only a 8.5 rounded up. There weren't many good shows this season. Only Cop Craft, Vinland Sage and Kengan Ashura were 8s for me. Carole & Tuesday was clearly stronger. I would have liked to see a bit more of the end and whatt happened later. (Movie would be nice.) But the trolling announcement at the end (first "will continue") indicats that this is finished ("... in your mind").

Most other shows I had watched hat a better feel at the end. (Especially Kanata no Astra was strong there - even though I did not like most of the show.)

Here we had great director + studio. And as original work it is one of the stronger anime of this studio. (They usually adapt boring stuff plot-wise.) Music, sound and characters were great. I liked the voice acting (Ertegun is great - hated that VA in Steins;Gate liked him in Zombieland Saga and here) and the main plot.

The problem in this show was that there were tons of characters and the setup was uniqe in trying to have plot, lots of chars - and trying to portrait them with not enough screen time. And I get why some people might not like (or really dislike) this. For me it was just the right amount - and great directing. There were so many episodic things (which still contributed to the overall progress) or sudden and fun comedy (auditions, mermaid sisters) and the backgrounds of the chars were nice and I remember everyone - even though with this amount of chars 24 episodes was not much screentime.

A show with main focus on Carole & Tuesday (the characters) only could have produced a different feeling. More emotional/dramatic - if the focus was there and not many side chars even developed/introduced.

Doesn't mean this shoe here is bad. And the Schwartz guy getting pwned, Jerry getting fired (would have liked to see more of them days later) and the concert at the end ... were great. Something I guess not any director would have done. And I know this one that was direcotr here is regarded highly in the fanbase for some of his other works. (Others would have just put 24 episodes with tons of chars and I would not have cared about any char. Here I even cared about the mother. Was nice to see Desmond back again and stuff like that.)

Also: I knew it! Angela was related to someoene we already knew. ;)
Oct 3, 2019 10:07 AM
May 2016
Animaniaig said:
It's nice to see how Watanabe can absolutely kill a show I loved. The ending is good but the entire second cour has been absolutely awful in pretty much it's entirety. What once had charm and seemingly limitless potential, was reduced to mind numbing drivel with no sense of pace whatsoever. It was padded out with pointless side stories that added nothing. Then rushed to hell in these past few episodes when Watanabe remembers what the show actually was about. The loss of focus from two girls and self discovery with music to a political mess had no transition whatsoever. Perhaps this is a sign that Watanabe should retire now as his recent shows have pretty much all been disappointing.
A painful 4/10

Completely agree. I loved the first half of this and was just dumfounded with all the stupid crap in the second half, ughh what a mess.
Oct 3, 2019 10:10 AM

Jul 2015

I liked the side characters a lot. I think that if they dropped Jerry's plotline and instead used it for romance, it would have been better. Still a fun show.
Oct 3, 2019 10:13 AM

Sep 2017
man this was awesome,this is the perfect example of why i hate finishing anime! its sad to see such good shows end.

this was obviously around xmas time and irl its only october but BOY do i feel christmasy right now! i like how at the start of each ep they added that intro it really made the actual moment so powerful!!

i personally liked that they added politics and whatnot, its not "pretending to be woke", people need to face the harsh truths of reality even if it means feeding it to them in anime form.

anyways,this was great! i'll definitely be adding the ost/album to my collection

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Oct 3, 2019 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
All I can say "THAT"S HOW FUCKIN END AN ANIME!!!"

Not going to lie though, this show had me scared for a minute with the Mars Brightest Arc. After that phenomenal start, that arc was a significant dip in quality (although I thought it ended well).

But OHMYGOD did Watanabe,BONES, and co ever make up for it in the 2nd half. The way they weaved everything came together, the subtle world-building , and tying music with politics and how they can intertwin with each other was fantastic. I loved everyone of these dorks especially C&T & Angela. Not to mention that the music got better and better as it went along.

I can't say anymore without going into a super long tangent but just know I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! This shit was dope as fuck. Shinichiro Watanabe hasn't let me down yet and by God did he ever deliver for me here.
9/10 for me
Oct 3, 2019 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Hm :/ I really liked the anime, but the 2nd half and it's political theme had been so half assed and the solution now is way too simple. Suddenly everything is fine? Kay then...?

Thanks, Pyotr is here haha unfortunately not Amer, but Angela got up and also Desmond. I mean good for Desmond, but really...? Coming up deus ex machina?
No mermaid sisters? Fucking bullshit!

Many songs were beautiful and I really liked them, also the visuals of the series.

7.5/10, so I guess 8/10 from me.

My comment from ep 23 is the same:

Maneki-Mew said:
I wish it has more episodes. The immigrant plot might be too shallow and end too fast, if it's just one episode left.

Why are all immigrants black? In this setting, it doesn't make sense, imo. If they come from earth, shoudn't there be immigrants from different countries from earth?

Also I feel like they created too many great characters and don't let them shine properly then. Especially Amer. He might be best boy to me, but they gave him so little screen time. I don't know him at all, so I can't tell. At least, I hope he's gonna be released and sings with them in the last episode.

Oh yeah! Pyotr my boy and that crazy esoteric lady. I guess, they always thought they never fit in and then they made up The Losers.

I want to hear that song now!
Oct 3, 2019 10:29 AM
Aug 2016
Really good ending, much better than i could ever expected. 9/10 for me, even if i had some doubts trough the second cour due to something that could be not being showed enough (like Carole's father, or Tue's relationship with her mother).

If it wasn't for something about the talent, which i didn't like much, it would've probably been a 9.5.

Really amazing.
Oct 3, 2019 10:46 AM

Dec 2016
“To be continued...in your mind” XD
Guess it's up to our imagination now XD
Thank You Bones for this wonderful music anime but I'll still be hoping for a season 2 or at least a movie.
Oct 3, 2019 11:01 AM
Mar 2015
Miraculous seven minutes save Mars
Oct 3, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Broke into tears, thank you.

The last "to be continued" pannel almost had me.
Oct 3, 2019 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
Does anyone know when the full songs comes out like they did with the season 1 songs? pls and thank u
Oct 3, 2019 11:19 AM

Nov 2018
What. Angela is Tao's sister? Now that was a twist.
Oh I kinda missed Pyotr, he was hilarious. GGK was interesting too.
Angela's character development.
R.i.p. Jerry lol.
The song was so good. Made me emotional to see everyone and Flora sing.
Oh, the miraclous 7 mins. They felt like one indeed. And I like how Spencer and Kyle's were pretty much the heroes in the background.
This episode was great, almost made up for most of the lows of the show in the second half. I almost wanna give it a 9 now.
"Will be continued... in your mind." Me: wait- S2? ... what. (didn't expect it to go all philosophical like that, though I guess it makes sense given how much the 7 mins were being hyped.)
Oct 3, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
One of the better new anime this year. Not the best of Watanabe's works but still enjoyable and cool. 8/10
Fortune favours the bold!

Oct 3, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2015
What a lovely final song. It was such a healing episode and I couldn't help but smile through it.

Overall, this series was kind a rollercoaster for me when it comes to how much I enjoyed it. It definitely dipped during the middle with the talent show arc and had some sub-plots that I just didn't see the point of (the drama with Cybelle, Tuesday having a crush on the journalist etc.) but it also had so many stand-out moments for me and I loved seeing the story develop.

I'd probably give it a 7.5/10 if I could, but because I can't I'll be nice and round it to an 8/10 due to how much I liked the final episode and the songs throughout the series.

♡ artist
サコ
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

134 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 21, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.