Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2019 1:37 PM
Mar 2014
Season 2
Season 2!
Season 2!!!
Season 2 when ?!?!?!?!

and the movie!!! I want to see the movie tooooo !....

This is way up there as one of the best series ever, along with all the classics.
Sep 28, 2019 1:41 PM

Dec 2016
Esparius said:
I don't get it, how the government and all the people don't know anything about the demons? It's not like that they are ghosts or something. EVERYONE can see them, the are walking around freely and kill humans. The demon slayers and the demons have supernatural abilities. How are they not recognized by the government and how do they not know about their existence? Tons of humans must have encountered demons in the past hundred years.

You need to remember that this is in some way transition period. Transition between traditional beliefs and modern age some people still believes with omens and yokais and others only in science. and for Muzan it's in best interest to be as low key as possible so they will keep killings far from cities and only for villages in which people wouldn't even try to call for government intervention.
and maybe one of the Upper Moons is some government official?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 28, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
-Aincrad- said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

I mean I watched OG Robocop when I was about 10. ;)

Well, obviously kids will watch what they aren't supposed to anyway, I did it too :D

But it's still not made for them

Shonen's officially aimed at "boys", so yes it is. It's anywhere from older children to older teens, which I'd say 7 year olds are right on the cusp of. This series is definitely aimed at 10-13 year olds at the very least. Do you not remember what the violence in Naruto was like? They marketed that to kids of a similar age, even in the west.
Sep 28, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2012
Really great adaptation. A definite 9 for me.

BTW that was the most beautifully rendered bloodbath I've ever seen. Weird to say the blood was beautiful when those demons were slaughtered.
MetaKiteSep 28, 2019 11:21 PM
Sep 28, 2019 1:51 PM

Oct 2018
straggy said:
-Aincrad- said:

Well, obviously kids will watch what they aren't supposed to anyway, I did it too :D

Shonen's officially aimed at "boys", so yes it is. It's anywhere from older children to older teens, which I'd say 7 year olds are right on the cusp of. This series is definitely aimed at 10-13 year olds at the very least. Do you not remember what the violence in Naruto was like? They marketed that to kids of a similar age, even in the west.

I wasn't talking about shounen anime in general
I know they are made for younger audience

I was talking about KnY, that even though it's a shounen, it's not really meant for the really young kids, such as 7-10 years old ones
Sep 28, 2019 1:56 PM
Jul 2015
straggy said:
-Aincrad- said:

Shonen literally mean 12+ boys to 18 and Jump tend to have stuff aimed at adult like Kimetsu or CSM those two are noway targeting young kids
Sep 28, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2017
Tanjiro, I know you mean well, but I, for one, do not want to see a harem, just get it over with and go for second tier Shinobi, 'cause Shinobu, sadly, will not be written in like that... anyway. Film adaptation greenlit, and a second season is most definitely a forecast. Gonna miss this.
Sep 28, 2019 2:08 PM

Feb 2018
So basically the movie will release in 1-2 years and an year more for the BD release. That's a sad news considering I was hyped about Season 2.
Sep 28, 2019 2:09 PM
Sep 2018
UFOtable infinite budget!!
God, the Dimensional Infinity Fortress was so well animated, I had goosebumps the entire time... looks like something out of a video game!

Can't wait to see the Demon Train arc movie, but at the same time,
Sep 28, 2019 2:12 PM
Dec 2014
If this didn't have the animation it did, I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

Couldn't decide between 5 or 6, so I gave it a 6 just for entertainment value.

Demon Slayer gone, My Hero Academia here... The lesser of the budgets is here to fill the same role.
BlindSniperSep 28, 2019 2:15 PM
Sep 28, 2019 2:12 PM

Oct 2018
ThatShiny_Hex said:
So basically the movie will release in 1-2 years and an year more for the BD release. That's a sad news considering I was hyped about Season 2.

Nah, it won't take 2years,
It will most likely come out in Summer 2020(IMO) in Japan, then early 2021 in other countries

So overall 1.5 years until we can watch it
Sep 28, 2019 2:21 PM

Jun 2015
Himawari9 said:
DeathTheKid4 said:
And the title for the most overrated anime of the year gooooooes to: Kimetsu no Yaiba the 5/10 anime with great animation, shallow story, and recycled characters from other shounen.

Only you feel this way I guess since others are praising this and this is super popular right now.

I'm not the only one who *thinks* that way, not feels. I'm not retarded.
Fortune favours the bold!

Sep 28, 2019 2:31 PM

Nov 2017
The quality of animation as the CGI is top to finish in beauty the season 1!

Highly the movie!
Sep 28, 2019 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Name: Tanjiro Kamado
Profession: ̶D̶e̶m̶o̶n̶ Heart Slayer
That lower moon meeting is movie quality 10/10

Sep 28, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2015
The first half of this episode had some god tier animation and Muzan looked so menacing damn!
Loved this episode thoroughly especially the main trio goofing around. I'll miss this anime so much!! Also near the end when they showed the demon and rengoku I was like give me moreeee hahahaha. Thankfully we're getting a direct sequel movie. Iam beyond hyped!
This anime was an easy 10/10 for me.
BiisooDec 19, 2019 3:02 PM
Sep 28, 2019 2:47 PM
Nov 2008
kamada tanjirou is coolest
indeed overcool
i loved this ep. and anime
i wish they continue this as well
Sep 28, 2019 2:49 PM

May 2012
Great show! Amazing animation, unique art style, cool fights, fun characters; this show nearly had it all. It will probably end up being the best new anime of the year for me. Really looking forward to the movie.

9/10
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 28, 2019 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
Great show, it dropped a little during the middle but these last 5-6 episodes have been amazing. The animation was flawless almost every sequence and they did justice to every fight. Beautiful soundtrack too.

Also the next arc being a movie means the animation will be literally flawless and we're about to get some of the GOAT fight scenes in history.
Sep 28, 2019 2:56 PM

Mar 2018
This show was great. I remember not liking it that much at the beginning bit that started to change around ep 7 when they introduced Muzan. I've been loving it more and more each passing week. Solid 8/10 for the anime
Sep 28, 2019 2:57 PM
Aug 2019
Amaziinnng anime...❤🥀
Sep 28, 2019 2:59 PM
Mar 2015
Brutal decimation of the lower five Can't wait for the Infinite Train Arc and movie
Sep 28, 2019 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
So Muzan pulled a reverse Mulan in this final ep...good conclusive point to the arc. The next arc is going to be a movie...interesting. I wonder when will a season 2 happen then? Oh well, I'm just gonna read the manga.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 28, 2019 3:37 PM
Mar 2018
An amazing episode and an amazing end. Sad that the next arc won't be a TV anime adaptation rather a movie. Anyways, it's time for me to shift to the manga!!!
Sep 28, 2019 3:38 PM

May 2016
So much things happened Muzan massacre his lower demons was pretty intense and that room was incredible loved how they animated it.

Kanao and Aoi were really cute and those three chibis... I'm really gonna miss them.

New Movie God bless UfoTable for this magnificent piece of art. 9/10

Sep 28, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2014
wow what a player, Tanjirou, flirting with so many girls. I can see him becoming the 'Love' Pillar late on when he's strong enough lolol

Muzan... why you so beautiful? (whisper: best girl Muzan?)

animation in the first half is absolutely stunning. it's even better than the drum demon battle scenes. (reminds me a bit of Hogwart tbh) also, Muzan is seriously a terrible boss/leader. Everyone knows the more followers/underlings you have, the better. So what if they're not as strong as you expected? They can still do something. No need to kill them all.

Next season/movie is gonna be full of angst and painful to watch. They really cut off at a good note.
ttcchenSep 28, 2019 4:01 PM
Sep 28, 2019 4:11 PM

Oct 2013
Jeezzz, why did they have to end it here. The first half had AMAZING visuals. There is so much introduction of new characters and relationships that can go on. Let's keep this powerhouse going!!
Sep 28, 2019 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
Kanao is best girl. That reaction is sooo cute ~

And so it ends, and new movie announcement. With this it could go Legend of Galactic Heroes remake direction, where future episodes would be movies. Or it could go season 2 after movies

Kimetsu no Yaiba didn't have most shounen cliches except for sudden power ups. The characters are very likeable and didn't goes most cliches like Owari no Seraph which has the same theme but more typical cliches. Tanjirou are very relatable protagonist, even more so than Deku. Zenitsu and Inosuke are quite unique but didn't force the uniqueness too much, well maybe for zenitsu. The storyline are very simple but smooth and done in a very great execution. The greatest thing of this series is probably how the author done the dark but optimistic atmosphere of the series, both in manga and anime.

I want to score it 8/10 or 9 but this series is a very cool breeze in the anime world where its plagued by Isekai and fantasy series (I like the genre but lets faced it, the genre makes the japanese pop culture world gone downhill in quality). So 10/10
SeasonLeavesSep 28, 2019 4:27 PM
Sep 28, 2019 4:24 PM

May 2019
It looks like Season 2 will Start off strong
    anime-->eat-->Sleep-->repeat

Sep 28, 2019 4:28 PM
Jun 2016
Well going to go buy me some mangas because there is no waiting for me. Must have demon slayer fix... LOL This made me so sad knowing it was the last episode for a while. I did like how they wrapped up this arc and Tanjiro's flash backs of all they went through. I gave this a 9/10.
Sep 28, 2019 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
The hype train has officially set off.
Sep 28, 2019 4:54 PM

Aug 2018
Jeez, all these manga readers being hyped for the train... that kills me, I now want to learn what it is !

Such an amazing ride though, I'm glad I got to watch Kimetsu no Yaiba this year (could enter the AOTY without a doubt). A great evolution of our boy Tanjiro, I remember how he used to be 26 weeks ago.

Sep 28, 2019 5:16 PM

Aug 2015
for what its worth its a basic written shonen story but ufotable went so fucking crazy on this show i cant give it less than a 10. normally this would be a 7 for me.
Sep 28, 2019 5:16 PM

Dec 2018
aww, Aoi's adorable, and Kanao's voice!! Dam tho, Tanjiro, piercing two people's hearts at once!!

oo~ lore about the demon hunters' place in society

but seriously, did anyone get reminded of Infinity Train?
Sep 28, 2019 5:17 PM

Dec 2014
Great finale to a fantastic show.

Really happy that a movie's been greenlit for the next arc. I don't read the manga so I don't know if movie length is good enough to animate the arc but I'm keeping expectations high.

Easily one of the best shounen's of recent times in WSJ with a lot of heart. A shounen really needs nothing else.

I'm happy Ufotable gave this series the love it deserves and I hope they continue to do so in a manner similar to what Bones have done for BnHA. Huge props to them. Tons of memorable moments. I'll add more to this post once I get the time to sit down and collect my thoughts better but for now.

9/10, Potential 10/10 in the future.
Sep 28, 2019 5:31 PM
Apr 2013
Just, oh wow! I've read the manga, so I knew what was coming, but it sure looked gorgeous. At first I thought they wanted to make Mugen Ressha-hen as the finale, but a movie?! Fuck yeah! I'm on board! Joke intended, given how that arc is... about a train!
But oh well, that means my expectations are through the roof, given how awesome the animation was for a weekly show. If they go even above and bejond that... just, oof... This gonna be good.
Sep 28, 2019 5:34 PM

Nov 2014
That was an amazing finale episode. Really established Muzan as one scary mofo. We all knew he was strong before but this episode just showed that him and the Upper Rank are on an entirely different level.
Sep 28, 2019 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
I am really enjoying this show, its overall very entertaining, the fights, the story, the animation is all terrific. I will say though that the two supporting cast can be very annoying and is keeping the score down for me. I don't find them funny at all, just very over the top. Hope their personalities mellow out if this gets a second season. I also hope Nezuko gets her chance to shine, she gone one scene where she showed off her own blood art, hope more of that is to come, I want her to be useful to her brother and not simply be a little fragile doll to be protected the whole time.

8/10, I await more.
Sep 28, 2019 6:07 PM
Nov 2016
Is it just me, or the way they directed the scene with the lower moons reesemble a game cutscene?
Sep 28, 2019 6:11 PM

Apr 2015
definitely an epic ending
really enjoyed this anime
Sep 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Mar 2016
gswelcome said:
I am really enjoying this show, its overall very entertaining, the fights, the story, the animation is all terrific. I will say though that the two supporting cast can be very annoying and is keeping the score down for me. I don't find them funny at all, just very over the top. Hope their personalities mellow out if this gets a second season. I also hope Nezuko gets her chance to shine, she gone one scene where she showed off her own blood art, hope more of that is to come, I want her to be useful to her brother and not simply be a little fragile doll to be protected the whole time.

8/10, I await more.

Trust me when I say that Nezuko will get some absolutely amazing scenes if we do end up getting a season 2.
Sep 28, 2019 7:50 PM

Mar 2017
Ohh man I'm overcome with emotions. What a wonderful journey it was! Definitely the anime of the year for me. Haven't enjoyed following a seasonal show so much in ages.
Super hyped for the movie.

9/10
Sep 28, 2019 7:51 PM

Aug 2017
Xenocrisi said:
What a quality last episode

While first half was brutal, the second half was more heartwarming.
The lower moons got massacred. Kibutsuji Muzan is no joke...

I’ve enjoyed every single moment this anime gave us. Although it had its pacing issues, it was one of the most memorable shows in a very looong time.

10/10

You simply express the words I want to say.
I'm sure gonna miss KNY every weekend.
Will enjoy rewatching this ^_^

Sep 28, 2019 8:26 PM

May 2013
The best anime this year in my opinion I have not become obsess with something for so long now.

I'm going to miss the Opening though I will always listen to it still and I'm exited to see the Season 2 Opening will the Movie have it's own opening? they should play the opening 1 in the Movie I would get hype.
MercuriSep 29, 2019 2:24 AM
Sep 28, 2019 8:33 PM

Jul 2009
Wow Muzan's flesh/mouth/thing burped and didn't say excuse me. How impolite.

This episode was great. Imma miss this T-T how long do I have to wait for the movie and a sequel! Time to go to the manga.
Sep 28, 2019 8:37 PM
Dec 2017
I think what I like about this show most is that it can relatively dark and moody, then super hype, then funny and cute all somehow without being jarring. This episode was just the same, super bloody, then some hype, then cute goodbyes.
Sep 28, 2019 8:46 PM

Sep 2019
Simply, a 9/10.
I won't lie, I thought we were at ep 12 and expecting a second cour in October.
My brain big tricked me because I was certainly enjoying that much.

The animation, well, that speaks for itself, and weirdly enough, I'm enjoying ALL the characters. The only slight gripe I have is with how they dealt with plot progression, but I can imagine that'll solve itself now that Tanjiro and co are getting deeper in the Slayer corps. Also, as some said, I would have welcomed a little more Nezuko (again, probably fixed later on).

Anyway, it was good to see the villain being a villain and a surprising continuation in the form of a movie. While I enjoyed that Kano and Tanjiro scene, I still think Aoi is best Butterfly girl.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Sep 28, 2019 8:47 PM
Aug 2015
Himawari9 said:
@phantomfandom
@renzospark

Which harem? This is not that type of series. The author is a woman so the MC won't have a harem. Even in the manga, only Kanao shows romantic interest for Tanjiro. Admiration =/= love.
ok, just chill dude.
Sep 28, 2019 8:53 PM
Jun 2019

It was a good anime from start to finish and ended excellent leaving the hype for your next movie 10/10

Sep 28, 2019 8:57 PM
Oct 2018
Ufotable gave everything that I could have asked for in this adaptation. Really excited for next arc.
10/10 for me.
Sep 28, 2019 8:59 PM
Apr 2018
The quality of animation left me speechless
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.