Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2019 7:42 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Final ep! Here we go! Finally we get to see the kizukis! Lower moons got fucked hard lol. Aoi and Kanao were adorable with their interactions with Tanjiro. Genya finally appeared again, and he got buffed af.

Damn the first half was amazing.

Here's to hoping we get another season. Things are just about to get exciting from here and onwards.
Gonna miss this show, ufo did more than what anyone could ask for in an adaptation! I can't imagine KnY getting this good if it werent for them, so come on ufo! Give us more! It cant end here.
Sep 28, 2019 7:43 AM

Aug 2017
And...it's over. Well, if u ask me, it's better to binge watch this show cuz I could enjoy it better. I was worried a bit when they introduced Zenitsu and Inosuke but in the end I liked them. Likeable characters while the highest quality animation was the best part. Still, I was annoyed by the excessive use of flashbacks for the demons in many episodes.

Like @The-Observer95 said: "This is your typical Shounen anime but done damn right".

7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2019 7:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nurguburu said:
And...it's over. Well, if u ask me, it's better to binge watch this show cuz I could enjoy it better. I was worried a bit when they introduced Zenitsu and Inosuke but in the end I liked them. Likeable characters while the highest quality animation was the best part. Still, I was annoyed by the excessive use of flashbacks for the demons in many episodes.

Like @The-Observer95 said: "This is your typical Shounen anime but done damn right".

7/10 for the anime.
If we're lucky enough to get a S2 and onwards, you won't be saying this anymore....The Upper Moons hit different bro
Sep 28, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
It's obvious this is setting up for another season considering the amount of chapters left that hasn't been adapted yet. Quite frankly, I want to see more from what this anime has to offer but ufotable and the director really made thisseason worthwhile to watch.

Seeing some of the Moon Demons is amazing.

9/10 this season.
Sep 28, 2019 7:52 AM

Aug 2018
Wow, no words...If season 2 is confirmed, that might turn to be a hell of a ride...
Enjoy the ride...
Sep 28, 2019 7:55 AM
May 2013
lt_wassile said:
Wow, no words...If season 2 is confirmed, that might turn to be a hell of a ride...

even though there is no official announcement there is no way it's not happening. manga sales have skyrocketed and the 1st volume of the anime sold very well.
Sep 28, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2014
If this episode were a level in a video game, it would win dozens of awards for best level design. The shifting building that slaughtering everyone inside at will of one demon.

I didn't expect the person in the kemono to be voiced by a male actor, it was striking as their enigmatic personality. Their powers far exceeded any demons we had seen thus far, it was like a combination of every enemy up until now. This was one of the most bloody episodes in the whole show, it reminded me quite a lot of Kara no Kyoukai.

There was a fair bit of comedy afterwards, our heroes set out on a new journey. Glad that arc ended, but there is so much more I wanted to see. Hopefully the second season will expand on the ideas of this one.
Sep 28, 2019 7:57 AM

Jan 2015
What a quality last episode

While first half was brutal, the second half was more heartwarming.
The lower moons got massacred. Kibutsuji Muzan is no joke...

I’ve enjoyed every single moment this anime gave us. Although it had its pacing issues, it was one of the most memorable shows in a very looong time.

10/10

Sep 28, 2019 7:58 AM

Jul 2014
Theres an announcement about a movie I think. Need to confirm first.
Sep 28, 2019 8:00 AM

Jan 2009
-Stray said:

yep that Train Arc is a movie wow
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1177961704942006272

anime movies usually is equal to 4-6 TV episodes length
degSep 28, 2019 8:09 AM
Sep 28, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
deg said:
-Stray said:

yep that Train Arc is a movie wow https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1177961027498962945

Yeah seems we'll be getting a movie adaptation of the demon train arc. Its in their official twitter too, hope we get more after that!
Sep 28, 2019 8:05 AM

Apr 2018
Very good episode. This is not as 'bad' as i imagined, instead this is a very good ending for this season, overall a solid 8/10 anime for me. But I rate it 10/10 because i enjoyed it a lot.
Sep 28, 2019 8:07 AM

Apr 2018
-Stray said:
deg said:

yep that Train Arc is a movie wow https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1177961027498962945

Yeah seems we'll be getting a movie adaptation of the demon train arc. Its in their official twitter too, hope we get more after that!
wow. A movie for demon train arc? Nice :D
Sep 28, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2016
The end of the road, for now...

Superb last episode, a great way to end this season. Kimetsu no Yaiba is definitely one of the best series this year, and I’m very glad that ufotable picked it up. I honestly cannot wait for the continuation of the anime series, and apparently, this season will be followed by a movie adapting the next arc. On the one hand, I’m happy because that means an insanely huge budget, but on the other hand the West will have to wait for a BD release, so I don’t know how to feel. Nevertheless, I am a bit excited.

Episode 26 rating: 5/5
Overall season: 8/10

Edit: grammar

Mike4992Sep 28, 2019 8:49 AM
Sep 28, 2019 8:25 AM

Nov 2018
I love that show so much even in the last minute that want to kanao to become a girlfriend that cause Kanao's critical hit points from Tanjiro..

Since the movie is already announced that the train arc will become "train to busan arc"...😂😂😂 just kidding... Just wait for the further excact date announcement..
Sep 28, 2019 8:33 AM
Jul 2009
Been waiting for muzan butchering the lower moons scene. This is the scene where his real personality is shown. Seriously, anyone who thinks muzan might be sympathetic, wipe that thought from your mind. He is a grade A jackass
Koshi_InabaSep 28, 2019 8:59 AM
Sep 28, 2019 8:38 AM

Dec 2017
wow, this episode really gave me Inception vibes. the dynamic camera movements through the weirdly shaped, maze-like building were very nice

even tho it was an interesting story with good production value, the hype around it, especially since ep 19, has definitely lowered down my impressions on it. curse the twitter fangays
Sep 28, 2019 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
uninstallthegame said:
wow, this episode really gave me Inception vibes. the dynamic camera movements through the weirdly shaped, maze-like building were very nice

even tho it was an interesting story with good production value, the hype around it, especially since ep 19, has definitely lowered down my impressions on it. curse the twitter fangays

yeah I can't help but think that played a role in my enjoyment of it, similar case with TPN

Well ufotable did a good job with their take on battle shounen. Next arc is gonna be a movie so oof, the animation is gonna be off the charts

you get a backstory! you get a backstory! you all get backstories!/10

also Zenitsu gang rise up
Short_CircutSep 28, 2019 9:09 AM
Sep 28, 2019 8:57 AM

May 2015
best episode of the season.
Sep 28, 2019 9:10 AM

Mar 2010
Budget stops here for a while so the last 5 episodes doesnt really much enjoyable (as in the manga chapters, its more to talking parts/scenes @less actions)

Still, Im sure unlimited budget works will adapt this faithfully, imagine if the current battle arc be animated by unlimited budget works ooooof
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 9:12 AM

Mar 2010
deg said:
-Stray said:

yep that Train Arc is a movie wow
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1177961704942006272

anime movies usually is equal to 4-6 TV episodes length

awesome news, i guess we have a sequel in a movie form, and hopefully then episodic form
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
blahblah1000 said:
SO WHERE ARE THE NOOBS THAT GIVE THIS ANIME 9s AND 10s YET ALLOW THE FEW HATERS TO UPVOTE REVIEWS THAT ARE POSTED WITH LOW SCORES BEFORE THE FINAL EPISODE EVEN AIRS?! F*CK THE MAL REVIEWS!

Calm down kid, people with their opinion doesnt mean it can affect ours, learn to adapt with other people, you are not the only person exist on Earth.
Sep 28, 2019 9:18 AM

Mar 2010
Xenocrisi said:
What a quality last episode

While first half was brutal, the second half was more heartwarming.
The lower moons got massacred. Kibutsuji Muzan is no joke...

I’ve enjoyed every single moment this anime gave us. Although it had its pacing issues, it was one of the most memorable shows in a very looong time.

10/10

your pic and this attached image seems very relatable haha
Sep 28, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
Talk about collective punishment hehe. Muzan got no love:S But honestly, as soon as I saw those fodder designs I immediately knew this wouldn't go well for the lower moons.

Great anime and a true treat for battle shounen fans. It obviously will only get more intense from here on.

8,5/10 season 2 is just a matter of time, but I would rather prefer that Ufo will take their sweet time to ensure high production value again so that we can witness the second coming of episode 19.

Edit: Nice that we get the upcoming arc as a movie.
FMmatronSep 28, 2019 11:09 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2019 9:29 AM
Oct 2017
I fucking knew it! I called that it would end with the sleep demon standing on top of the train, what a great end to the season, man I'm so hyped for season 2. At the end it said "demon slayer infinite train arc film animation greenlit" film animation meaning a movie or another series?
Sep 28, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2009
OppaiLover-_- said:
I fucking knew it! I called that it would end with the sleep demon standing on top of the train, what a great end to the season, man I'm so hyped for season 2. At the end it said "demon slayer infinite train arc film animation greenlit" film animation meaning a movie or another series?

Train arc will be adapted into movie. Red light district arc and swordsmiths village arc will probably adapted into second season. Probably gonna be like SAO: first series, movie, second series
Sep 28, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. Kibutsuji Muzan is no joke. He massacred those lower moon demons.
This was episode has been the bloodiest episode with all the blood and those demons being killed.

This has been a great show.
Looking forward to the movie. In the meantime, I'll just pick up the manga. 9/10.

Sep 28, 2019 9:35 AM

Sep 2018
Wow, just wow.
This episode was simply amazing it really felt like the last episode and again ufotable gave us amazing animation and music, the scene with Muzan and Kizuki's was beautifuly animated as was the last scene at the train station.

So its time to go and read manga,next arc will be adapted into a movie and who can wait for that? (im sure i cant)
well that's just my opinion.....
Sep 28, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2017
That was an incredible finale in my opinion, holy shit. Absolutely loved how they did the sequence with Muzan and the other demons; it gave me chills.
This series has honestly become one of my top favorites, I adore everything about it.
Excited for the movie and for more content to come.
Sep 28, 2019 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
The first half was quite something. As much as we saw some of the lower moons, they got cleaned up pretty quickly as well. But god damn, the camera movements through that maze of staircases and small like cabins almost made me forget I was watching an Anime. That was so damn well done. This was movie production levels right there.

Good to have more screentime for Kibutsuji Muzan... His appearence sure was surprising. We get to see a bit more of what he's like and how he rules over the Demon Moons.. That was quite a lot of gore!

That moment between Tanjiro and Kanao, was amazing. I hope for future seasons that they will keep building on that.

What a ride this was. 10/10 and so far Anime of the Year for me and one of my all-time favorites! Can't wait for the sequel movie!
Sep 28, 2019 9:41 AM

Feb 2018
Season 2 gimme gimme gimme.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Sep 28, 2019 9:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm thats some speed that Tanjirou managed to achieve with his training. That meeting place where the lower numbers met though was truly impressive in both scale and complexity. So Muzan's also a shapeshifter huh that explains a lot of things. The meeting though was anything but ordinary for the lowers being direct and brutal instead as Muzan culled their ranks. Even though she couldn't master her fear there are many ways in which Aoi can help in the war like being a healer. Its nice that we finally get to hear Kanao speak and see what her personality is like. Still Tanjirou's earnest nature sure ended up making her heart flutter. Hmm a pretty calm finale but one that had some rather interesting revelations with regards to the demons as well doing an excellent job at setting up a good point for the sequel.
Sep 28, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2009
this is what i like about 3D animation that is not limited by low frame rate and that is the camerawork is amazing

RIP Lower Moons

Rengoku hype intensifies

and lol Tanjiro x Kanao ship is sailing good

Sep 28, 2019 9:45 AM

Sep 2014
Meh, I felt nothing about the slaughter during the first half. Muzan is such an uninteresting villain thus far so I couldn't care less about his moment killing some guys we never saw before. The dynamic camera movements were outstanding though and my favourite part of the episode. Tanjiro and Kanao moment was cute too. So, we are getting a movie for the next arc? Well, this is going to take a while before I see it. Overall, 7/10 for this season.
Sep 28, 2019 9:45 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Amazing animation, visuals and choreography but shitty story, characters and dialogues.

6.5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 28, 2019 9:49 AM
Sep 2015
Bakugo finally reappear! Even without his trademark voice. But that's it? I yearn for him!
Tanjiro unconsciously makes his harem just by being nice
I find the contrast in traditional Japanese scene in demon's meeting is full of computer graphics!
The film adaptation is to be the gauge that will decide season 2, ufotable can cut this franchise off easily if it's not meet the goal. It can milk from fate franchise forever anyway.
Sep 28, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2016
The animation during the Demon scene was outstanding. Ufotable did a really amazing job.

This was the only anime this season (not the still ongoing) that I can was great. The story and OST was also good.

I thought there would be news of a second season but a film adaptation is fine too

Muzan is a pretty good waifu material if you ask me
AnonymousGuy9Sep 28, 2019 10:38 AM
Sep 28, 2019 9:54 AM

Apr 2017
Yuichi Terao, Director of Photography, completely nailed the Muzan scene, that was some next level cinematic, wasn't expecting to see something like that ngl.
KaiserFGOSep 28, 2019 10:06 AM
Sep 28, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
No more Michael Jackson's Muzan, now we got a hot she Muzan. Maybe it will be even better with different voice.

Sep 28, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2010
this ended up being by far the best "shounen" anime. Insane animation quality, especially for a TV production, great story, awesome characters, and the perfectly fitting OST from Yuki Kajiura and Go Shiina . An amazing production all around.
Sep 28, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2018
So we are getting movie instead of season 2.
Sep 28, 2019 9:58 AM

Feb 2017
I also have to say that the scene with Kizuki and Muzan looked really cool.
Anyway, really fun and enjoyable show, bit sad it's over. I just hope Zenitsu is toned down in the future, really hampered my enjoyment many times.

Looking forward to the movie whenever that may be. I might even read the manga before then.
Sep 28, 2019 9:58 AM

Oct 2017
Tanjiro was really smooth with Kanao there XD. Also Kanao looked so beautiful again, can't get enough of her. Damn that train scene was funny and hyped for the movie.
Sep 28, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2009
I'm utterly amazed at just how absolutely awesome everything is in this anime. Sure, the base skeleton of the story itself isn't the most original thing ever, but pretty much everything else is presented in such high quality, with such careful attention to detail, that it just blows pretty much everything else away. And this season/arc finale? It was packed full with dark twisted fantasies, breathtaking 3D and animation, beautiful sceneries and interiors, tragedies, bold new designs, candid moments, characterisation and bonds, bouts of silliness, radiating positivity - really like a short end credits track on the OST album that incorporates the themes and melodies of all the tracks to present it in one "summary", and gives it even more oomph. Because all this was what the entire story so far has been about. And after 26 weeks (that's half a year, folks!), as a parting shot, instead of a traditional recap episode, we're served a recap of the <i>elements</i> that make up the series: instead of a few of those taking up several episodes, they're all here together in one. Never better!

And while I do wish for a season 2, I'm gladly looking forward to the movie for now!
Sep 28, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Yuichi Terao, Director of Photografhy, completely nailed the Muzan scene, that was some next level cinematic, wasn't expecting to see something like that ngl.

gonna add him to my favorites lol his digital coloring and effects is like what made ufotable popular
Sep 28, 2019 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
That was such a fun ride, and I can't wait for the movie, hopefully it performs well enough to warrant more of the series from ufotable, no need to rush ofc.

Tanjirou is such a good boy, best big brother and genuinely best nice guy.
Sep 28, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2017
deg said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Yuichi Terao, Director of Photografhy, completely nailed the Muzan scene, that was some next level cinematic, wasn't expecting to see something like that ngl.

gonna add him to my favorites lol his digital coloring and effects is like what made ufotable popular

He really needs to direct more, it was amazing, as a director he was way better than Sotozaki.
I really want him to direct more scenes, idk if he can handle anime only by himself but at least some scenes, he sure knows!
Sep 28, 2019 10:11 AM
Feb 2018
Really showed muzan is scary
Sep 28, 2019 10:12 AM
Oct 2013
Excellent finale
Anime verdict: 10/10
Waiting for the movie and season 2
Sep 28, 2019 10:12 AM
Jul 2019
-Stray said:

actually they did confirm there was going to be a movie to cover the train arc
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.