Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 7, 2019 2:16 PM

Dec 2009
@TheDeedsOfMen
Wellp, you didn't understand a word of what i said, and strawmanned it to hell and back. Whatever, enjoy your life of distorting every argument to your internalized views.

Nothing i said contradicts anything else i said if you actually tried to understand what i was saying instead of slapping your impressions and implications onto it. I even gave you multiple avenues of approach; as well as caveats of caution you should have not to take dictionary and encyclopedia definitions as prescriptive but descriptive.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 7, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
sammyk124 said:
Zack and Quitterie get married, so do Aries and Kanata, Ulgar becomes a journalist, Yunhua becomes a famous singer, Charce becomes king, Kanata and Zack get to pilot the ship Kanata bought back from a museum through the selling of his hit novel, and everyone just lives happily ever after. As cliche and cheesy as it sounds, I love that we got an ending like this. Having the show end on bad terms would've ruined the whole show. But this finale made it seem like we truly embarked on a 12-week journey with these kids, witnessing them grow closer and overcome the hardships they !

Judging by the their attitude for “where are they now?”, Luca’s whole goal was to turn into a stereotypical otokonoko and join the “female” comedy with the rest of the female part of the cast. I understand that the authors needed to emphasize his acceptance of his androgyny, but it looked too poorly written. Especially when the less deep Ulgar received his real reward.

AyumiVk said:
I'm just sad they hinted at Funi having a crush on Ulgar, i mean, him and Luca are the best ship, why do you do this to me,,,,

She really has a crush on him, like Luca. I think the authors intentionally left this ambiguous so as not to cross the border of shonen with LGBTQ romance.

@TheDeedsOfMen Don’t even try, man. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. If a person doesn't consider it shameful to refer to his own "victory" and the rightness of the dispute, then this is hopeless.
RobertBobertOct 7, 2019 4:42 PM
Oct 7, 2019 9:11 PM

May 2014
RobertBobert said:
@TheDeedsOfMen Don’t even try, man. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. If a person doesn't consider it shameful to refer to his own "victory" and the rightness of the dispute, then this is hopeless.
You are not wrong, but it is not like I thought convincing him was possible in the first place. I felt like having some laughs at the inconsistencies and the opinionated "facts." That's all.
Oct 8, 2019 5:34 PM

Apr 2012
TheDeedsOfMen said:
RobertBobert said:
You are not wrong, but it is not like I thought convincing him was possible in the first place. I felt like having some laughs at the inconsistencies and the opinionated "facts." That's all.

I won’t lie, I don’t understand your discussion. At the same time, I can (I think that) understand you, since my personal experience in discussions with this person was pretty bad. I just don't understand people who make personal any disagreement with them.
Oct 10, 2019 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
Over 12 episodes, this show went from The Weeb Breakfast Club in Space to Made in Abyss in Space to Danganronpa in Space to Weeb 1984 in Space... throw some Cast Away in Space in there too for good measure.

The conveniences are contrived and nonsensical to the very end... we're supposed to believe the government responsible for mass public manipulation, 1984 style, responsible for 100 years of mock history just cave into a bunch of highschoolers' demands when real governments today assassinate people for being at risk of leaking government info, meanwhile folks like Edward Snowden and Julian Assange exist, and even I can understand the deaths of a few people at risk of destroying world peace is likely the preferable option. The entire narrative is blanketed in unrealistically thick optimism, and if the world isn't like that today, it sure as fuck ain't going to be like that in the sci-fi future.

Nonetheless, as long as I don't overthink things and just take it for what it is, this was a hell of a show and I was straight up giddy during the epilogue.

Hensuki is still my favorite anime of the season though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 10, 2019 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
What an amazing ending! Everything thankfully went great for the Astra's crew, and we even got to see them after they got a bit older. Now, Kanata actually got to go back into space, and he has a fancy prosthetic arm.

Oct 10, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
First half of this anime was medicore and boring but second...... was amazing. Plot twists were really strong and ending was good.

5/5
8/10

Animation and art were imo medicore but music WAS VERY GOOD.
Oct 10, 2019 2:58 PM
Jan 2017
After 12 episodes, Astra Lost in Space comes to an end. This episode was amazing, and I had fun watching it. There's a lot of payoff, character arcs come to a close and overall, the outcome is pretty positive. I was surprised that the show found a way to bring the many storylines it had started to a close, especially with the mysterious histories of Earth and Astra and the conspiracy plot surrounding the team's creators. I admit I found some of the moments a bit too saccharine and the epilogue brought back memories of the epilogue from Harry Potter, but on the whole, the ending was pretty satisfying. Astra Lost in Space was one of the finest anime I've ever watched and a serious contender for anime of the year. I really hope we get more series like this in future.
Oct 12, 2019 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
I'm surprised that they got the perfect happy ending. Most anime doesn't get that.

Overall I loved watching the show and it's going on my Blu-ray shelf.

8/10
Oct 12, 2019 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Nice last episode, I'm glad they were able to tie up all the loose ends.

I actually didn't check how long the episode was before watching it, so I didn't know it was fifty minutes long. About halfway through I started panicking, thinking the episode was going to end any second on a cliffhanger and there'd have to be second season just about them coming home. I also kept thinking the episode was over when it wasn't. Seriously, the finale had about as many endings as Return of the King :)
Oct 12, 2019 7:19 PM

Nov 2014
Aye.. Yeah
What a wonderful rollercoaster of great journey..

Finally they deserved what they really deserved as human being, good grief around those bad adults in Astra, there are still good people exists. It was very happy and soothing moments when they take photo group and joined hands together.

I liked the timeskip + conclusion, the "ship" sailed perfectly, KanataxAries & Zack&Quetierre ( that funny thing when Kanata propose to Aries and asks Charce for is hands and blessings in their marriage because charce supposed to be Aries "origin" Dad's Clone's XD). Every member of the team also finally achieved what they really want and dreaming of. too bad there no marriage moments for those "ships" XD.

Usually i didn't really into space genre animanga, but i really curious about this one since the author was the same as infamous Sket Dance, Shinohara-Sensei. I already sense something different and unusual yet a "hidden gem", and yeah as i suspected i getting hooked to it just after watching 1st episode.

The OP was good, but the ED was my fav, one of the best ED this season. I loved how beautiful the world building was, the secenery of every planet was really beautiful from their living things to non-living things. the proportion of quite diverse genre in this was also astoishingly great i thought. The "Sket Dance" vibe of light comedy wrapped around great Mystery, Adventure, and great character development with great friendship elements is just perfectly fitted my tastes. the portion of each elements were combined perfectly.

Before talking about how great, lot of twists it gave. one of great points of this that really blown me up is the strong bond and friendship that it elaborated between every member of the class, from a strangely unknown person into unseparatable family and "Kanata" had a great role unifying their difference.

The mystery was hooked me up, made me keep expecting and predicting something that end up got twisted by the story itself, althought most of my expectation and prediction turn out to be wrong and got twisted by it wonderful plot twists, that made me even more hooked to this. I loved how they added another mystery on top of unifinished mystery that end out revealed altogether but their wonderful twists XD. I thought, I understand that there are some plothole or flaws in this one, well it quite hard to maintain good pace and story from around 49 chapters Manga to 12 episodes adaptation (even with 1-hour special on 1st and final episodes). Still the greatness that gave cover up the flaws in it i thought (well, i personally didn't think any flaws in it tho, i'm just a simple person when i liked something i won't thinking about their/it flaws too much).

I loved the Strong Friendship and Bonds, Beautiful scenery and world building, Great plot twists that almost bamboozled my head LOL,Beautiful Storytelling, and wonderful story that it gave (and as romance genre person, thank to let KanataxAries and ZackxQuiterrie "ships" sailed perfectly at the end XD).

Thanks Shinohara-Sensei for another masterpiece that he created( i only knew Sket Dance tho XD), seems i gonna read the manga later. Absolute 10/10 for me :D.

Oct 13, 2019 5:15 AM

Nov 2011
A nice ending.. I am really glad the pink haired girl is not the culprit this time lol, she is just a normal nice girl ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 16, 2019 11:51 AM
Feb 2009
This happy ending itself was also a plot twist I didn't expect this series to be really good the "ships" were also cute but the boys choosing the ship astra at the very end lol
Aye yeah!
Oct 20, 2019 2:34 AM

Apr 2015

Yes a better finale...that did most things correctly, considering the state the story was in until the penultimate episode.

But overall...
The author came off as having almost nil talent and flair about with him. Neither did Lerche in this case.

It's what would happen when you give a middling teenager with these subjects and bare bones of the story and task him with the show. Neither was it entertaining, for the most part...

Why though? Astra in essence is all about the characters...how they joke around, how they learn, how they grow, how they react to surroundings...not the matter it's apparently fixated on, the planets, cloning problem, the history, the kingdom...they are all devices for the characters and don't hold much weight here, and neither were they sufficiently fleshed out or tastefully presented

But our all important characters are not at all lovable, not at all relatable, are strangely phony...they look, act and talk like they're typeset from a much less serious, cheap project. That's why the creators come off as minimally talented, that was the ultimate undoing of the show. 4/10
Oct 22, 2019 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
Very well executed unique premise, all packaged neatly into a one cour anime, I'm quite impressed. The characters all ended up being extremely endearing in a very short amount of time and as the journey went on I became more and more attached to their dreams and aspirations. A breath of fresh air in an otherwise fairly uneventful 2019 for anime. While the story might have some coincidences that are just a little bit too unbelievable, I don't think they affected the plot in a negative way, Astra managed to be consistently entertaining and the mystery behind it made me binge watch the show so I could get my answers, I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire show.

That moment when the ED song cues in and shit gets real. I love it when theme songs for show can have such an impact, it made me want to immediately watch the next episode. The song cuing in when dramatic reveals happened was my favorite part of the show, those first few notes create such amazing tension. Oh yeah and shout-outs to the voice acting in this show, all of the seiyuu were absolutely top notch. Edit: I went back and listened to the OST, it definitely deserves some praise for adding a lot to the general atmosphere of the show.

10/10, I'm glad I experienced this adventure together with the crew of the Astra ship,easily a top 5 anime from 2019 and an AOTY contender.
alpha_shadowOct 26, 2019 4:14 PM
:3
Oct 24, 2019 8:04 PM

May 2012
I really must day that I really enjoyed watching this series! Had quite a nice pacing, story and oh so lovely characters!

Quite liked the overall concept and plot of this anime.

In general I had a great time watching this in a single sitting!
Oct 25, 2019 4:47 AM

Sep 2016
^ some comments above: even if you cut out someone from the conversation just to circlejerk in a condescending way with someone else, that doesn't make you more right, lol

Fantastic anime.
I nailed the whole "abandoning to dispose of" plot, but at the last moment I thought there was no culprit and it was all prepared in advance.
Well, I was wrong, and the power of friendship prevailed. But not in an asspull-ish way, this time for real.

Superb last episode that explained what it needed to be explained, and with a well inserted time skip to show us if and how the protagonists achieved their dreams, and they succeeded!

The best ships all sailed, and I smell a Funicia - Ulgar - Yunhua triangle, lol.
Seems like Luca decided to live in a more girlish way after growing up, while before he preferred to live as male (I'm using he because he's cloned from a male, and has a male name, no more reasons :v)

It was good, I enjoyed it, it got me hooked on watching it.
9/10
bruh
Oct 26, 2019 9:29 PM

Jun 2013
I absolutely love space anime that revolves around exploration and survival. This one kinda reminded me of Mass Effect games.

The conspiracy plot with the mysterious killer and a hidden past made the show very interesting. The characters were also were likeable and fun to watch.

Seriously why can't we have more scifi anime like this!
Nov 1, 2019 4:12 PM
Feb 2019
Alguem me responda o Lucas se assumiu como mulher ou como homem?
InfiernoKNov 1, 2019 8:47 PM
Nov 8, 2019 3:10 AM

Dec 2012
THIS EPISODE WAS SO DAMN GOOD. A PERFECT ENDING!
What if we are already technologically advanced and the Aliens are our ancestors?

Nov 11, 2019 3:13 PM

Aug 2008
Honestly I found everything from characters to story to be very bland. There was no real feeling of peril and the interactions between the teens was cringe too often. Wraps up too neatly and quickly as well. The clones, the false history, no trouble at all, problem solved. Really, this could have just been the stolen Lost in Space storyline without trying to throw in clones and an absurd attempt to hide the history of humanity. It would be incredibly easy to figure out that humans didn't evolve on that planet, to claim they did is just... something a writer would come up with I guess. Clone concept was nearly as dumb and it really takes away from any kind of enjoyment of this show.
Nov 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Jun 2009
Holy fuck, what an absolute shitfest of a final episode. This whole altering-history-thing was one of the stupidest things I have EVER seen in any work of fiction.

My willing suspension of disbelief was pretty much dangling on a really thin thread for the entire show, but I was willing to overlook a lot of stuff because it was entertaining. This finale however didn't just snap that thread, it ripped it to shreds.

Have to bump my overall rating down to 6/10. It was fun, but it was really dumb.
Nov 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
Man this show had a lot of potential but ended up wasted so bad. Whoever wrote the story certainly arent short on reference of pop cultures, however decided just to simply copy-pasting the concept like a template.... never to discover further. The happy hurrah parts could be better than just being wasted on the bridge. How about we discover each crew's room? Maybe how they spend their free time? I really like the girl's talks, maybe more into it.

The discoveries of the new planets was entertaining, with each planets had its own mystery which sadly doesn't feel important other than the fact they need to gather resources. I really hate each danger presented on each planets as they felt like a mere accelerant to the plot, something like "shoo shooo, go away from this planet". I really like the chocobos tho.

The ending was the worst... while I don't dislike happy endings in general, but this one was way too sweet for me.

All things said, I actually enjoyed the ride (marathoned in a single trip). I also liked this show's comedy.

6/10, could have been way better... wasted potential
Nov 19, 2019 4:17 PM
Jan 2018
Wow, this show caught me off-guard. I had so much fun watching this. Of course there were some flaws, but I don't really care. One could probably write a perfect script without flaws and perfect build-ups for all twists, consequences & aftermaths for an anime with several seasons. 12 EPs are too short to implement all those plot twists, especially the ending was rushed/too easy. But on the other hand, I REALLY liked such a short fresh experience with so many things happening. Based on entertainment value & fun: 10/10.
Nov 20, 2019 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
I almost dropped this anime because the first half is complete garbage. But then the other half make up for it that it staggered me to watch until the end.

It's been a long time since I had this kind of ending. Proper closure, satisfying ending. I don't feel empty at all.
Nov 20, 2019 7:12 PM

Jul 2019
Slight letdown of a finale - not that it was outright bad, but it was just the obvious expected route. The last 20 minutes were unneeded, but I didn't hate them.

Overall thoughts:
This anime feels more like a long movie than an anime "series" for a few reasons. For one, there is a complete story here (perhaps a little too complete with the second half of the last episode). It also has very little filler with each episode usually revealing new information that progresses the story forward. Each character has their own backstory / character development mini-arc. The way the story adds up in episode 11 is very well done. The show has excellent foreshadowing with character interactions. Now, it wasn't all amazing though. Some of the early character episodes were just kind of average and the last episode specifically was a little underwhelming (and too long). As far as setting goes, I did enjoy some of the creativity with the different planets, though I'm not a huge fan of the space genre to begin with. I give this show a 7 because while it is a very good anime, I would not ever list it as one of my "favorite" anime.
Nov 20, 2019 9:15 PM

Jan 2018
Narrative style story where theory matters more rather than the expedition.
Nov 24, 2019 8:16 AM
Mar 2019
I loved it, that's all. Perfect Ending. Will give 10/10.
Dec 2, 2019 4:25 AM

Mar 2015
Lol well that ended very well, didn't it?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 6, 2019 8:33 PM
Apr 2016
A 48 minute final episode! Pretty good but unexpected I guess. I expected more twists at the end, but fortunately (or unfortunately) we didn't get any. Happy ending!
Dec 21, 2019 3:19 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty decent show. Although it was clear the author only focused on that final plot twist and made the other episodes not as well written. Comedy was really good when it focused on romance, but on other topics it was very hit or miss. Direction was pretty good and soundtrack did it's job really well.

But I will say that I really didn't liked the characters. In some episodes I actually hated them. Those types of teenage with over the top personalities are just extremely annoying, yet it's Japan "safe choice" on writing characters.
In conclusion, I think the journey is worth it and I do reccomend this show - 7/10
Dec 24, 2019 10:12 AM

Mar 2012
Every now and then a completely unassuming series with no fanfare comes along and surprises. Kanata no Astra is in my books a quality series because it is so impressively comprehensive. In the space of 14 episodes (both ep. 1 and 12 ran double-episode lengths), it managed to tell a tale of growth, camaraderie, and a mix of mystery and adventure, all while maintaining a light touch with a sense of humor that at no point felt overdone. I knew I really bought into the series when in the end, despite that it made perfect sense for everyone to go on their separate paths, I just wanted them to all go back onto Astra and start their next adventure. I probably would've stuck with Kanata no Astra too even if it went on a second cour consisting entirely of random episodes of exploration. And I credit that entirely to the thoughtfulness that went into making each character likable and endearing to the audience.

Kanata no Astra was by no means ambitious. Once the central plot was revealed, the resolution unfolded in a fairly predictable manner. But the writing was superb and plot points were buried throughout so when they got picked up later on the plot stayed intact and didn't feel confusing to follow. At no point did it lose track of its central messages of hope and togetherness either. Ultimately, this was a meaningful, memorable series for me and I'm pretty happy to have picked it up on a whim.
Jan 2, 2020 6:34 AM

Jul 2015
Great series, really surpassed my initial expectations, the plottwists were the best and how they fitted the story in just 12 episodes

Rip Kanata's right arm, you will be missed by many

Nice to see a timeskip to the future, great to see what everyone exactly does in the future

Jan 16, 2020 1:01 AM

Mar 2017
I loved everything about the time skip!!!!
They all achieved everything that they wanted.

Loved how Kanata asked Charce for Aries's hand (his daughter's hand in exact) that was so hilarious plus when Charce suddenly showed up while Kanata and Zack are about to take off LOL he was shining xDDD

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 22, 2020 4:18 PM

Nov 2013
This was an amazing journey, though i'm vaguely pissed that this didn't end "Star trek" way, with the original crew ALL going on a journey together, rather than only 3 people... To be honest that was disappointing, even though everyone seems happy and content in the end.
I'm actually quite angry now...Why can't wives accompany them in the trip? It's not like they're busy making or taking care of babies YET. :( disappointed. Happy, but disappointed nonetheless.
Feb 9, 2020 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
Really like what Lerche did with this show, probably their cleanest work to date. You can tell the amount of effort put in chara design alone.

Had a thing against cliché characters a first, but what they allow is: gags and drama. So while the writing wasn't the best, it was sound. Wasn't that deep, but it was fun. And for a 12/14 episode show the pacing was near perfect. In this world of butchered LN adaptations, props.
Feb 10, 2020 12:01 AM
Feb 2016
Woah....this anime really suprise. I thought it was just people hyping this up. But i really miss this kind of feel watching anime. No more minorin... the only flaw i guess the mediocre animation
Feb 11, 2020 4:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Finished watching this 2 hours ago, it was actually 47 min which I didn't expect, just like ep1 was.
For the most part, Astra was an enjoyable watch but far from something great, it is crazy the improvement it gets on its final stage, and it doesnt stumble because this ending was really long and with such a pacing that doesn't disappoint and feels short-lived...

This is how more anime just end, gotta treasure the few times we see this kind of endings!

BTW Aries looks much better with long hair and without that stupid things on her head, and the rest of the girls looking really good too.
And Charce looking like a player now.
I wanted to see their originals suffering a bit more though.

8.5/10 = 9
Feb 20, 2020 8:45 AM
Nov 2014
I read the manga a long time ago and I remember not liking it. So Im pretty surprised that I really liked the anime. An anime with a complete ending? What kind of sorcery is this? It felt pretty damn refreshing to be honest
Feb 26, 2020 4:26 PM
Jul 2011
Finished watching this series today. Loved the series. And I enjoyed seeing how their lives unfolded in the years that followed.

9/10
Feb 27, 2020 10:53 PM
Jan 2017
This is by far a perfect anime! The whole looming disaster to survive loomed ove rthem and was never just forgotten as they do Moe stuff the whole time.
And yet there were enough fun times that it didnt seem too Dull.
Instantly reminded me of Girls Last Tour In that respect.
But they also solved things competently w/ logic.
There was never any "oh we fixed it w/ "magic science" or Oh killer? lets waste 3 episodes blaming / accusing everyone while saying fuck all to surviving.
They even had deep emotional character development.
Kept the story interesting w/ the who is the traitor twist.
Plus all the twists were surprsiing and Not that predictable. Like the clone reveal and who is the traitor.
Granted I kinda guessed the noble's story was a load of Crap because of how overly sad it was compared to everyome. But I still didnt suspect He would be it I went for the usual suspects of the quiet girl, smart boy, or 1 of the 2 overly cute innocent girls, thansk to all those dark magical girl animes I seen.
so it was a nice surprise
Plus they not only wrapped it up so that they got home buuut they showed us a peek into what their future lives becames summing up alll stuff reallly crossing the T's and dotting the i's
Overall I GOTTA give this a 10/10.
I cANT BELEIVE i TOOK THIS LONG TO SEE IT AFTER mISTY/cHRONEXIA tALKE DIT UP
Feb 28, 2020 8:09 AM
Jul 2011
nidoqueen106 said:
Plus all the twists were surprsiing and Not that predictable. Like the clone reveal and who is the traitor.

Some of the twists are actually quite predictable, because of how the show drops hints that foreshadow the twists. For example, when Polina wakes up from bed and is surprised about the date, that hinted at an Earth apocalypse, which made me predict that they must be from a colonized planet rather than the original Earth. Similarly, there were some glaring holes in Charce's story, which made me suspect he must be the traitor and that Aries must be a clone of the girl in his story.

However, I didn't see the clone twist coming. But that was actually spoiled for me one episode before it happened, on this forum, possibly by some manga readers pretending to be new anime viewers.

Either way, I really liked how twists don't just come out of the blue, but the story logically builds up to those twists. I think that's the right way to do twists (unlike some shows and movies that try to pull ridiculous twists out of the blue).
Mar 1, 2020 10:04 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
This final episode had to be among the most corny endings I've ever seen jesus christ
Mar 26, 2020 3:37 AM

Oct 2010
kinda cheesy sometimes but not all anime are supposed to be emo and sad. Of course, there are questions as to why didn't they build a giant wormhole and teleport the asteroid and other stuff and how come the monarchy of vixia was so powerful but mere police detectives arrested them because some random kids accused them, and how did that message arrived faster than the ship? did they stop the ship or what.
All in all, it was a nice watch
Apr 10, 2020 11:00 PM

Jan 2019
I still don't trust this show to have a happy ending, even after watching it.

I feel like at any moment and OVA is going to come out that basically says, "And then the three of them died mysteriously in space the end."
Apr 13, 2020 3:29 AM

Feb 2018
Good anime overall 10/10 best of 2019 series.
Apr 19, 2020 10:46 AM

Dec 2018
This was a great anime, didn’t expect it to be this good. Definitely an underrated anime from last year.
Apr 21, 2020 5:57 AM

Feb 2019
There's a lack for words to describe how good this anime is so I'll just simply say: this anime is PERFECT.

Perfect art, perfect music, perfect plot, perfect characters and their chemistry. Kanata is the best bro and captain, one of the best MCs I've ever seen in animes.

I love this show so much and I'll miss it a lot.

10/10 Masterpiece, a 2019 classic.
Based_DepartmentApr 21, 2020 6:01 AM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 24, 2020 7:12 AM

Feb 2016
The whole Breakfast Club 'character development' trope is boring and cringe as usual but I still enjoyed the latter half of the show.
During the latter episodes they also stopped trying to justify plot devices with nonsense dressed up as 'science'.
It turned out to be a worth while series but it's far from a "masterpiece" or "perfect"; it's a 7/10.
Apr 28, 2020 5:13 PM
Jan 2020
CHC said:
a good amount of comedy, twists, romance and cute characters fitted nicely with each other.

Please show me the romance. The only major thing I’d say to change for this show is the lack of romance. I mean it was so easy to see how hard the viewers would want Kanata and Aries to get together, not to mention Zack and the Quinnie girl. If anything, the addition of ramance in this would probably make this my favourite anime of all time, everything works so well with one another and of course the cringey bits you have to bear, you can’t have a good anime without some good cringe.
Maybe some OVAs or ONAs in the future about what happened after the landing? And if anything a second season about another assassination attempt I would give anything for.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.