Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, this episode turned up the fan service again but more of the adult themes. With Bell and the others entering that district, I can't say I'm surprised.

Bell has officially entered an adult world LOL. Sanjouno Haruhime (the fox girl) finally got sceentime and oh boy, that escalated quickly.
Aug 16, 2019 9:40 AM
Jun 2015
do you know the best part of this episode? no, it is not about adult theme or eroero nuance in there, it is about bell comical face when he was hunted by "the hunter" and hermes face when he was eaten by "her"

the sad thing is haruhime expression is too stiff in many ways when she was talking with bell, i think jc staff didn't give too much attention to her expression meanwhile they give "exaggerated scene" when bell meet haruhime at the road unexpectedly
Aug 16, 2019 9:51 AM

Apr 2010
Bell discovered a new world, well he discovered several of them which made this episode really funny.
I guess we will be seeing more from the girls of Ishtar and it seems Ishtar herself has some plans as well.
She even made Hermes weep.

I also have to say that i really liked Haruhime she was somewhat mysterious and had a kind personality i wonder what more we will see of her.
Aug 16, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
Bell in that adult district lol. We finally got introduced to Haruhime. She seems like an interesting character imo.

And poor Hermes.

Aug 16, 2019 10:31 AM
Oct 2018
So..a prostitute who says she had a lot of clients but fainted in front of a collarbone? That’s kinda odd but whatever. The fact that we are gonna see her back in the next episodes is not really a secret so I’m waiting to see the conclusion of that.

And just why does Bell always has to run like that?
Aug 16, 2019 10:31 AM

May 2018
Poor Hermes. He got raped. Obviously it's Freya that Ishtar want to pick a fight with.
Aug 16, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
The progression feels very slow and there is so much stuff that seems completely unnecessary. The general feeling is that watching a filler season ... The last two episodes were rather dissapointing.
Aug 16, 2019 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
DieuMivas said:
So..a prostitute who says she had a lot of clients but fainted in front of a collarbone? That’s kinda odd but whatever. The fact that we are gonna see her back in the next episodes is not really a secret so I’m waiting to see the conclusion of that.

Aug 16, 2019 11:43 AM

Jan 2017
Well Bell just lost a opportunity to experience death by snu snu :(

But as for now, half way through this season everything feels just like a hugh filler...
Aug 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
I actually really loved this part in the LN. It showed another part of Orario and a way to rise in power. Adaptation didn't fail in the way that it had too much fan service, but that the missing information has finally become too large to make sense.
Haruhime mentions she knows Aisha, but not that she belongs to Ishtar familia, meaning if Bell tried to break her out it would be a war and Hestia familia would be wiped out. That fainting crap is the only thing I really, really hated in the entire volume.
Aug 16, 2019 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
This is my favorite episode of this season and finally Haruhime is introduce.Bell was so lucky with all those beauties chasing him and now the queen of pleasure herself...
Aug 16, 2019 11:55 AM
Nov 2018
So, a darker part of DanMachi has arrived. I see a lot of people complaining about this season, but as far as I looked into source material spoilers, the good stuff will come later (unless they're saving it for the future series). It is still ok, less action-focused and more episodic as Bell has developed quite a bit as an adventurer. I think those mini-arcs are how the story will be handled, like it or not.
To be honest, I think Ais finally has some competition in Haruhime (I don't consider other harem members a threat)
Anyway, it was great to come back to lighthearted shows after binging Clannad: After Story up to episode 22...
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor girl... nice episode

Jan 2011
actually watching season 1 then season 2 it seems totally different anime with the same characters
really disappointed with season 2 so far

Aug 16, 2019 12:01 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I guess the sex industry exists even in fantasy worlds then. To think that of all places to get taken to that their friend will be taken to this place though. Damm but the amazons really looked like a pack of hungry wolves as they eyed Bell. Damm Phryne's appearance really is deserving of her nickname. Bell sure was lucky to run into Haruhime in the midst of the chase. Still while its nice nothing happened between them Haruhime fainting was rather cute. The convo between her and Bell though shows just how curious she is about the outside world. A relative calm ep that did well in introducing both the new arc and the new characters that would feature in it with Haruhime and Aisha being the highlights. Its been a while since i heard Haruka Chisuga's voice but her voice really is perfect for the character of Haruhime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2019 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
Not sure what to think about this season as a whole... we got already halfway the second season and I feel barely anything happened. Did we really need a whole episode taking place in a red-light district? lol Hopefully, something interesting worthy might come out of this.
Aug 16, 2019 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
damn Hermes got angry laid, been there....*salutes*
Aug 16, 2019 12:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
IN my next life I want to be reborn as a 2D guy as cute as Bell Cranel and have the ladies run after me like that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 16, 2019 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, laying the groundwork and introducing many of the main players of the arc. Can't wait to see it unfold.

And the whole episode literally takes place in the prostitution quarter of the city, and people are complaining about too much fanservice. Go figure.
Aug 16, 2019 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
This looks to be a very interesting arc. Ishtar trying to best Freya I’m guessing.
It’ll be interesting to see how Haruhime plays into all of this
Aug 16, 2019 12:48 PM
Mar 2017
I am not surprised that Orario has it own red district, damn ... Ishtar Family has very beautiful and quite erotic members and that includes the goddess Ishtar.

Poor Bell is hypnotized by the lustful atmosphere and he was abandoned by his partners and the boy ends up losing himself in the streets of pleasure where all the beautiful girls show their charms to the innocent Bell, but it is then that he sees a Kitsune with a sad look that catches his attention , but she disappears.

Bell meets Aisha, an attractive Amazon with her group of hot ladies and all the girls go crazy having the little rookie for themselves and start arguing for who will stay with him, in addition Hermes's gift makes the situation more difficult and is dragged to the house of the Ishtar family, where the Amazons want a bit of the innocent Bell, but this was ruined when Frine appeared, I swear I almost threw up when I saw her, but at least Bell took advantage of Aisha and Frine's fight to flee, but he takes a long time and the chase for the innocent Bell begins.

Bell meets the Kitsune again while he hides from the lustful Amazons, the girl introduces herself as Haruhime and it seems that she is not very skilled at serving men since she only saw Bell's neck and she passed out, at least she seems more quiet and decide to help Bell. I was sad about Haruhime's story, the poor girl is just a slave that her own family sold to the Ishtar family, but at least she and Bell seem to have a pleasant conversation, but then she talks about her not being rescued for being a Prostitute, I felt so bad for her.

So Hermes has business with Ishtar, apparently this goddess has a great hatred towards Freya and it seems that what Hermes said will take him to a situation with sexual results and I'm not mistaken, it seems the goddess Ishtar abuse of poor Hermes, but now she knows that Freya has an interest in Bell and now the innocent boy will be the target of the goddess and her army of lustful Amazons.

It seems that things will heat up in the next episodes, it is obvious that Bell wants to help Haruhime, who would not want to rescue her, she is very tender and deserves a better life, and now the Ishtar family wants to start a conflict with the Freya family and Bell is the element that can incite that fight.
Aug 16, 2019 12:50 PM
Nov 2018
Erebus25 said:
I actually really loved this part in the LN. It showed another part of Orario and a way to rise in power. Adaptation didn't fail in the way that it had too much fan service, but that the missing information has finally become too large to make sense.
Like what? I didn't read LNs yet but everything seems consistent so far.
Aug 16, 2019 1:03 PM

Oct 2018
Not a bad episode I guess, it was okay

But honestly this season is nowhere near as good as the first one

So far, it's kinda boring
Aug 16, 2019 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Hermes. He didn't want to get laid by snu snu, but he was forced into it, anyway. It did remind me of a certain episode of Futurama with their amazon ladies, though. XD

For a huge location like Orario, it's not surprising to see a red light district for many adventurers who simply want to get laid and poor Bell got dragged off by a bunch of Amazon ladies from the Ishtar familia who ended up arguing over themselves as to who would have "fun" with him first. Thankfully, Bell was able to use this moment to escape from the familia, but was having trouble trying to find the exit of the district itself.

So, he ended up hiding in the room that contained Haruhime, whose attempt to seduce and sleep with him failed by the time she exposed his collarbone. ^^'

After that, the two of them got along pretty well and shared their favourite hero stories and their reasons for going to Orario, but the talk had a tinge of sadness as Haruhime explained to Bell about herself being a prostitute. The poor girl needs to be rescued immediately if I had my way...

I think Ishtar is referring to Freya, as someone who is obsessed with Bell, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some fighting between the two if it does happen. Overall, this was a pretty good episode to start off this arc with plenty of funny moments and sexy fanservice to behold. =3
Aug 16, 2019 1:25 PM

May 2018
Why the fuck would Hermes weep after he got some banging with Istar???
Also who was this person that Istar plans to use what Hermes gave her?

So, I'm guessing that this fox eared HaruHime was the one that Mikoto is looking for.

So. let me guess these Ishtar Ho's kidnap men to make babies, right????

Aug 16, 2019 1:27 PM

Mar 2017
That was a great episode! I love how innocent and pure Bell is... my son is so fucking precious haha

Thought the part with Bell and Haruhime talking together was really sad though. I hope he saves her from that life.

Also, Hermes you weak shit! haha
Aug 16, 2019 1:33 PM
Jun 2016
Oh man I just really wanted to hug Haruhime. Such a sad foxgirl. Looks like Bell has yet another Goddess out to get him.
Aug 16, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
Bell needs to man the fuck up and fuck a hoe.
Aug 16, 2019 1:56 PM
Dec 2009
This show has taken such a massive nose dive this season. I am ready to cut it loose.

People talking about the "adult themes" in this episode are hilarious too. This show's view on women and sex are absolutely childish and immature.

I can't stand Bell's dialog anymore. N-NO.. PLEASE.. Y-YOU MISSUNDERTAND. I C-CAN EXPLAIN. The kid just sputters and stumbles through each episode. It's how you feel in a nightmare and It's not entertaining at all. setting up perverted misunderstands over and over is so tired. They are only misunderstandings and continue the way they do because the main character stutters every sentence.
Aug 16, 2019 1:58 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mythologically said:
curzon17 said:
And the whole episode literally takes place in the prostitution quarter of the city, and people are complaining about too much fanservice. Go figure.

Insane, right?! I can't believe people are complaining that after a bath fanservice episode, there's an episode where the MC just hangs out with prostitutes. I mean, of course, there's gonna be fan service if the MC is just randomly hanging out with prostitutes! Smh.
Except this isn't a fanservice episode but just the first part of an arc that takes place in the red light district
Aug 16, 2019 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
Bell forgot the teachings of his grandpa, he should of took her hand and whisked her away!
Aug 16, 2019 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
The foxgirl needs to be saved.
This episode felt off at first but it picked up quick. Bell having to run from the Amazons or rather their Monster Leader was hilarious, he can't let Bete find out about him running off with tears in his eyes again
although even he should acknowledge that this situation was too dangerous for Bell, he almost had things be done to him which can't be talked about, like it happened to Hermes (lol) poor guy, but his emotional scars should heal after a long time, probably
or maybe not...
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 16, 2019 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
Remember when this show was about fighting monsters?
Aug 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
Erebus25 said:
That fainting crap is the only thing I really, really hated in the entire volume.

Even though he's probably Zeus bastard? Some beings like kitsune can be more sensitive to godly origin.

Although, yeah. it was weird. At that moment I though he is her first customer (which would make sense actually).
Aug 16, 2019 2:30 PM

Aug 2018
Ah, that was a really hot episode, literaly speaking. Well at this stage AND with the opening, it is fairly easy to guess that the next episodes will be dedicated to the rescue of Haruhime, fighting the Ishtar familia.

However, it seems that the so-called Goddess has eyes on Bell, or at least she wants to annoy someone else who wants him. My thoughts : she refers to Freya, but who knows ?
Aug 16, 2019 2:31 PM
Jun 2019
This episode sickens me more than anything like it. They normalized a rape society ffs, and almost everyone seems fine with that. I wish doomguy was here with amazoness bloodlust.

Am I being stupid hoping that some form of justice will stop them?
Aug 16, 2019 2:31 PM

Jan 2015
Save Haruhime, she does not deserve to be a prostitute
Hermes haha :)

Aug 16, 2019 2:37 PM

Jan 2017
What a message they gave with that dialogue around prostitution. I liked that.
But wait, she been with many men before Bell yet still fainted on the sight of his collarbone... not even a collarbone fetish would lead to that. And geez, rape too! I really do feel sorry for Hermes although lingering reservations about him remain from season 1.

What, is Haruhime going to be the old friend chigusa was on about. Hmm...
Aug 16, 2019 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Well, that was interesting.. Most would say Bell was in heaven, but he definitely didn't feel that way. What even was that gorilla of a girl, holy shit she was ugly as hell XD That would be nightmare fuel for me.

Haruhime was nice, a bit odd on what happened with her seeing just a collarbone... but I have my theories.

Poor Hermes though, that must have sucked (Literally?)..
Aug 16, 2019 3:53 PM
Jan 2013
Mythologically said:
Yeah, that's gonna do it for me. Into the dropped list it goes. This is up there with DAL III for the biggest quality drop between seasons.

Yeah goodbye , no one will miss you
Aug 16, 2019 4:19 PM

Apr 2012
It's like Bell has a gift to attract trouble lmao.

Also >saving Haruhime
HHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
feels like Champloo all over again
Aug 16, 2019 4:37 PM

Nov 2009
Great episode. Bell's shrieking never gets old lol. I didn't expect Haruhime's personality and voice to be this cute based on her appearance, a very pleasant surprise.
Aug 16, 2019 4:46 PM

Jun 2017
DieuMivas said:

Yeah, I am not really buying her having had lots of clients either. She seems to be a klutz in love, basically Ains just with fox ears and tail lol.
Aug 16, 2019 5:00 PM
Jan 2016
Man, i hate these kind of fan service, because we know it that bell would stay virgin for the rest of the story. I hope i'm wrong though.
Aug 16, 2019 5:26 PM
Oct 2018
MomoSinX said:
DieuMivas said:

Yeah, I am not really buying her having had lots of clients either. She seems to be a klutz in love, basically Ains just with fox ears and tail lol.
Exactly but I must say that I won’t be against a second Ains tho. We don’t see the first one enough in the first place for me so that’s better than nothing I guess
Aug 16, 2019 5:46 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Overall good ep.

Felt bad for Bell being chased by the Amazons of Ishtar Familia, regardless how hot the girls are. Glad Ishtar herself looks sexy cause she looked ugly imo in the illustration in the LN.

Lol'd at Phryne cause she looked way worse than I expected her to be. We finally also get introduced to Haruhime who's not in the best situation, feel bad for her as well.

Definitely looking forward to see how the events all play out in the next couple of eps.

Aug 16, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2016
I want to get kidnapped by amazons too. But please not by Phryne

And yeah, "poor" Hermes. He must've suffered a lot... Quite enjoyed this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2019 6:32 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, now I feel pretty bad that I got excited for this episode after seeing Haruhime lying in a bed at the end of the previous episode :/

Damn it, prostitution is something that's always hard for me to watch.
SkyLETVAug 16, 2019 8:45 PM
Aug 16, 2019 7:16 PM

Feb 2014
Hermes, the guy that was so flirty all the time got rekt!! XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Bell in the red light district. He sure had his fun with the Amazons.
Haruhime is adorable, I took a real liking to her, I hope her situation improves.

It certainly does seem weird that she claims that she's slept with many men but faints after seeing Bell's collarbone. Either something isn't what it seems or awfully convenient.

Ishtar is pretty good but Rin Ishtar is still best Ishtar. XD

Hermes at the end, he was the real man all along. XD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.