Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 9, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, I figured this season would show off some of it fan service and baths. Makoto got more time to relax (well deserved after her battles in recent episodes).

Seems Hestia is still recruiting more people to her group lol. Pretty hilarious episode with the amount of comedy compared to the others. I'm happy for Hestia though. They deserve their celebration and joy after their victory.
Aug 9, 2019 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
So a lot of people came but in the end no one joined.
The i expect Casandra and Daphne to join for some reason but it's a question wether that will actually happen.
The way the previous episode focused on them i got the impression we will see more of them.

The cliffhanger suggests new trouble is starting for the guild and i guess it's on opportunity for them as well.
Aug 9, 2019 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
It was funny how a lot of people turn up to join Hestia and the others but then the debt was revealed, everyone just left. I wonder if anyone would actually join the Hestia Familia.

Aug 9, 2019 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

I loved how Bell fantasized about maids. XD
Hestia took up all that debt just to get Bell his weapon. <3

I'll admit that this is one of the rare times where we have the girls trying to peak on the guys and not the other way around during a bath scene. XD
Nevertheless, I approve of the bath scene for various reasons. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ishtar familia? Probably not the Ishtar I'm familiar with but this sounds interesting.
Aug 9, 2019 10:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite his attitude it's good that recent events seemed to have awakened Soma from his creed. In addition to gaining great fame Hestia familia sure did well in securing a new home for themselves by taking Apollo's mansion. Bell reaching lv3 was also a great bonus as well. The reactions of the familia to the new additions that were commissioned by Hestia sure was fun especially Mikoto. Though a certain oddball Cassandra's quite the interesting character. Lily sure is trying hard to protect Bell from dangerous girls lol. Too bad that their debt ended up wrecking that plan. Bell's heartfelt words regarding his friends though sure was nice to hear as it showed just how much he had learned to trust and rely on them both on the field and off it. Overall a pretty chill ep that did well to dissipate the tension that came from Apollo's arc while also showing what happened after Hestia's familia's victory. Looks like we finally get to meet Haruhime and Aisha next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2019 10:15 AM
Feb 2018
Another episode. Another weird shit is happening. At least this time it's decently reasoned (knife). And some severely weird shit is going to happen next episode.
ghtyujkkpkohkjbAug 9, 2019 10:19 AM
Aug 9, 2019 10:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Phan Serbisu galore in this episode. It's a shame muscle girl couldn't join the Familia, lol
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 9, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
Okay episode, don't think 14 minutes were needed for all this comedy stuff, rather the war game would be longer and something comprehensible. So already level 3.
Aug 9, 2019 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
Decent episode. Interesting cliffhanger at the end tho. I wonder what happened in the Take familia.
Aug 9, 2019 11:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode this time around.

A lot more Comedy this episode and most really hit the spot lol, especially the transition from 'everyone' to 'no one' in a span of seconds there from the followers of the Familia. Heck, even the lady who finally got someone to believe in her and poor Lili's hard considerations all for naught lmao. Some more bonding for the members too, meanwhile. Bell's imaginations of a maid was hilarious though and of course the two wouldn't agree to that. An odd case of the female side up to peeking business too, not surprised lol. Bell appreciating all the members was touching to see and likewise for Hestia. Got to say, Mikoto's fondness for bathhouses is seriously commendable though and the scene of her running wild because of it a really nice addition too. A bit too much of a fanservice-ish episode as a whole for me, though.

I wonder what that cliffhanger was all about though...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 9, 2019 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
I thought those two joined just for war. Didn't expected them to stay like that.

It was obvious something will go wrong with that recruitement, but that was a surprise lol. I just hope the two Apollo girls really join later.
Aug 9, 2019 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
Lul the season 1's debt now just made it to the surface

Anyway, they've got quite a nice mansion for only 5 members now. Hum, talking about members, I hope Mikoto isn't forced to leave or something, she seemed to be disturbed by this cliffhanging news.
Aug 9, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2017
That cliffhanger. I wonder what Chigusa told Makoto.
Also that kemonomimi (fox?) girl.
Aug 9, 2019 12:30 PM

Mar 2017
This was a nice lighthearted episode... but what was with that ending?!

I'm actually glad that the Hestia Familia didn't recruit anyone; i like them being a small familia cause it's more like a family.
Aug 9, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2017
So this is what the reverse onsen peeking looks like

Also liked how into it Hestia was with the chants. Twin tails saikou!
Aug 9, 2019 12:42 PM

Oct 2017
Haha Hestia became too greedy for members lol. Thou its gd that there r just few members in their family.Well finally the demi fox girl shows up . Looks like some major arc is gonna begin soon.
Aug 9, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode with lots of hilarious moments. That last bath scene was very funny and heartwarming.

I even laughed when Lili censored Mikoto lol.

Speaking of censorship, I can understand that there may be a rubber duck in the bath to censor something naturally, but that 200 ducks suddenly appear... WTF.

Shame that the two girls from the Apollo familia didn't join them, especially Cassandra, I really like her.

That blonde fox girl at the end... HYPE!
SkyLETVAug 9, 2019 11:34 PM
Aug 9, 2019 12:52 PM
Oct 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

I loved how Bell fantasized about maids. XD
Hestia took up all that debt just to get Bell his weapon. <3

I'll admit that this is one of the rare times where we have the girls trying to peak on the guys and not the other way around during a bath scene. XD
Nevertheless, I approve of the bath scene for various reasons. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ishtar familia? Probably not the Ishtar I'm familiar with but this sounds interesting.
I thought that was out of characters for bell to think about maids like that. It seemed like he was the type to back away whenever a girl tries to make a move on him
Aug 9, 2019 1:02 PM
Oct 2014
Leo said:
It was funny how a lot of people turn up to join Hestia and the others but then the debt was revealed, everyone just left. I wonder if anyone would actually join the Hestia Familia.
They need some that’ll stick with them through thick and thin. It’s good that they were able to weed it the untrustworthy people that only work for money.
Aug 9, 2019 1:03 PM
Oct 2014
Aversa said:
So a lot of people came but in the end no one joined.
The i expect Casandra and Daphne to join for some reason but it's a question wether that will actually happen.
The way the previous episode focused on them i got the impression we will see more of them.

The cliffhanger suggests new trouble is starting for the guild and i guess it's on opportunity for them as well.
the amazoness were hot af
Aug 9, 2019 1:12 PM

May 2018
Welp with 200 Million Valis in debt who would wanna join a bankrupt familia like Hestia's , man does Bell's knife cost that much?????

Ya know Hestia can easily pay off her debt if she sells Apollo's mansion for 300 Million Valis to pay off her debt and still have enough to build a modest house.

So was Mikoto being called back to her old familia????
Aug 9, 2019 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
Bored to death by this season.
Aug 9, 2019 1:45 PM

Feb 2014
.....After this episode, I have a sudden urge to buy a rubber duck for my bath now. =3

Hestia made a massive blunder. I didn't think for a second that Bell's knife would cost THAT much, but after the debt was known to all of the adventures who wanted to join the familia, they left in a flash. XD

Along with that recruitment failure, this episode had plenty of other funny moments, as well as some sexy fanservice shots in the onsen bath with all of them. I had to laugh out loud again when Hestia, after hearing Bell's words of praise when he talking to Welf about how the girls were helpful and kind to him, tried to climb over the wall to glomp him, nude, but Lili and Mikoto put a stop to that easily. Maybe next time, Hestia... =P

However, things got really serious when Mikoto received some news that left her shocked. I think something bad must've happen to her friends at her old familia if she's left speechless and shocked like that, so I hope next week's episode sheds some light on that as soon as possible.
Aug 9, 2019 1:59 PM
Apr 2018
"i'm a no good goddess in a ton of debt"
ahh yes Vietnam flashbacks
Aug 9, 2019 2:06 PM
Oct 2018
Really? Daphné and Cassandre didn’t join the Familia ? I don’t know exactly why but that was the thing I was waiting the most from this season at this point. Since the first time they appear I was sure they would join since they accentuated so much the fact that they didn’t join Appolo Familia because they wanted it. And now they didn’t join the Hestia Familia just because Hestia have a debt which I’m sure is not such a big deal for a goddess who is immortal anyway. I’m so disappointed by that like you can see and the worst is really that it’s not even for a good reason but just for a debt.

CondemneDio said:

Same. Like you can see what I’m expecting from this season at this point is not much anymore since what I was expecting until know didn’t really make me happy. I was hyped for the War Game but it lasted one episode that I didn’t even liked that much. I was hyped when I see that Ainz (and Tiona/e I still din’t know which is which) would train Bell again but we almost didn’t see anything of that and lately I was hyped to see the two girls joining the Familia but that didn’t happened either.
We are already at episode 5 (at the next episode we are at the half) and it seems to me that not much happened. Expect the War Game but it was only one episode (which I fund boring too but that’s personal). In the four other episodes nothing happened at least nothing memorable according to me.

Maybe my expectations were just to high since I really enjoyed the first season and sword Oratoria.
DieuMivasAug 9, 2019 2:10 PM
Aug 9, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
I felt like I was watching an Shaft episode with that weird art happenings (mainly in bath scene).
Overall funny episode. Appreciate it.
Best hilarious part -> "I've been stabbing with 200 milion. Striking with 200 milion.. Defending myself with 200 milion."
Also feels bad that Cassandra and Daphne didn't join them. No extra girls to Bell-kun harem :< But well... joining a familia that will make you work on pays a debt is rational bad idea, so understandable for outsiders to pass on it.
Aug 9, 2019 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Hestia's thumbs up are pretty good.
Aug 9, 2019 3:31 PM
Jun 2016
SkyLETV said:
Great episode with lots of hilarious moments. That last bath scene was very funny and heartwarming.

I have been waiting for someone do this. My thanks
Aug 9, 2019 3:44 PM

Jan 2017
Argh, that cryptic ending has me on edge... how could they!

On another note, loved the reveal we had going on today with the onsen scene and it was annoying they couldn't get at least one additional member.
Aug 9, 2019 4:19 PM
Sep 2016
DieuMivas said:
Really? Daphné and Cassandre didn’t join the Familia ? I don’t know exactly why but that was the thing I was waiting the most from this season at this point. Since the first time they appear I was sure they would join since they accentuated so much the fact that they didn’t join Appolo Familia because they wanted it. And now they didn’t join the Hestia Familia just because Hestia have a debt which I’m sure is not such a big deal for a goddess who is immortal anyway. I’m so disappointed by that like you can see and the worst is really that it’s not even for a good reason but just for a debt.

CondemneDio said:

Same. Like you can see what I’m expecting from this season at this point is not much anymore since what I was expecting until know didn’t really make me happy. I was hyped for the War Game but it lasted one episode that I didn’t even liked that much. I was hyped when I see that Ainz (and Tiona/e I still din’t know which is which) would train Bell again but we almost didn’t see anything of that and lately I was hyped to see the two girls joining the Familia but that didn’t happened either.
We are already at episode 5 (at the next episode we are at the half) and it seems to me that not much happened. Expect the War Game but it was only one episode (which I fund boring too but that’s personal). In the four other episodes nothing happened at least nothing memorable according to me.

Maybe my expectations were just to high since I really enjoyed the first season and sword Oratoria.

200 million is a big as fuck debt, and a god debt is a familias debt, so they would have to pay for it too. They dont know Hestia is working with Hephaestus to pay it so they imagined they would be wasting a big part of their earnings in paying the debt. So yeah, it was for a good reason actually.
Aug 9, 2019 5:01 PM

Jun 2017
Hestia should show her perverted side more often lol.

I have no idea what's going on with that cliffhanger but ok.
Aug 9, 2019 5:49 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good transition from the war game to the start of the new arc.

I lol'd at the way they censored the fanservice scenes with the rubber ducks. Bell is finally Level 3 and Hestia got all that debt to pay but it's good that everyone has more or less started to settle down in their new home.

am looking forward to the next ep
Aug 9, 2019 6:00 PM
Nov 2018
i dont know why they decided to make no one join this way, tbh i think how they made mikoto just rush out in front of everyone and yell that they have debt is just low effort bullshit
Aug 9, 2019 6:28 PM

Nov 2018
Syliph said:
SkyLETV said:

I have been waiting for someone do this. My thanks

Well i would to saying:"what does the fox say..."
Because the adult hood fox Senko San shows again in this episode... I can't wait this for next episode...
Aug 9, 2019 6:28 PM

Jul 2014
Hestia has bigger biceps than the smith and the warrior. They're like hipster soy boys.
Aug 9, 2019 6:50 PM

Apr 2013
lol Hestia treating her debt like "it's not too bad if i don't Ever look at it again" was bound to backfire
she is pretty cute, dissapointed she didn't join
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 9, 2019 6:50 PM

Jul 2017
So now Bell and Hestia finally manage to acquire Apollo's mansion, to great effect. Fame, recognition, and most importantly, money.

And Hestia is already making waves...however, they're back to Square One. So that knife back from Season 1 that Hestia got for Bell that's carved from Hepistatos costs the entirety of their War Game winnings..how ironic.

Bath scenes are fanservice. However that cliffhanger though...a rude awakening.
Aug 9, 2019 7:17 PM
Nov 2016
So Bell went from Level 2 to Level 3 in only a month (says it on the notice board at 3:18). I imagine people are going to be investigating and the gods hounding Hestia to figure out how he did it. Jealousy et al.
Aug 9, 2019 8:27 PM

Oct 2015
Liked the speech by Bell to the whole gang especially to Hestia in that bath scene.

Wonder what shocking bad news Mikoto received at the door? I'm hyped by the suspense, I really hope it will be good.

Can't believe Bell was stabbing with such an expensive item :O
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 9, 2019 8:41 PM

Nov 2011
Aww man I was really hoping Daphane and Cassandra were going to join the Hestia Familia. T_T That sucks. I actually like them both.

Wow Bell...thats a pretty expensive dagger lol.

Mikoto lookin Sexy AF this episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Mar 2018
pretty comedic episode but.. Well something doesn't seem to be good.
And whatever that kitsune was

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 9, 2019 9:34 PM

Feb 2017
200kk was the price for the 'Hestia Knife' OMG D:
I mean, surely i wouldn't be cheap but ... that's a bit too much!

The hestia & Mikoto service was great <3
Aug 9, 2019 10:30 PM
Jun 2017
welcome to new home hestia familia..

and ohh theyre popularity is at its peak but well that debt cause them to not able to recruit new members...

anyways lets see what will happen in the next episode.
Aug 9, 2019 10:30 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was quite entertaining, in the end the Hestia Familia has a luxurious home, it has new members, but it's a shame that Hestia's debts still haunt her, the huge cost of Hestia Knife made everyone interested in joining the family run away, but I prefer it to be that way, they were just a group of greedy adventurers interested in the fame that the busty loli goddess earned. I was disappointed with Cassandra and Daphne, I really thought they would join, but it was better if they left, only the worthy can join the Hestia family.

Bell is level 3, what incredible news and is good to see how this boy is growing, also this level up will be necessary for what the Opening shows.
Bell fantasizing about being surrounded by Maids was hilarious, he should focus on the girls around him and not on fantasies.

Hestia consenting her new members made me laugh a lot, Welf's workshop was necessary and appropriate for this blacksmith to improve his skills, but the Japanese-style bathroom that Mikoto requested was too much, at least she allowed a generous and pleasant fanservice, everyone loves to see Hestia naked and Mikoto also stands out for her beautiful body.

Cassandra whispering in Daphne's ear was too adorable, I love those sounds they use when girls have to whisper.

The final scene in the bathroom moved me and was visually pleasing showing the girls spying on what Bell and Welf were talking about.
But despite everything, I was delighted to see how optimistic Hestia is, I was pleased to see Hestia let her children help her to amend the debt with Hefestos.

At last the arc that many comment and have said that it will be very good will start, now I understand a bit why War game was so short, I hope this Ishtar Family is stronger than the Apollo family, although it is clear that their members are sensual and really hot Amazoness and we will finally know who is this Kitsune that they have shown at the end of the episode and what relationship she has with Mikoto.
Aug 9, 2019 11:24 PM

Mar 2015
Mikoto's excitment over the hot spring was so loveable and those amazon's were goddam prime.
Aug 10, 2019 12:24 AM
Aug 2019
This episode got me with the comedy, as well as Bell’s reactions to getting maids and the debt of his knife. The recruits left after finding out about the debt, quite sad. There’s also some sprinkle of fan service with the hot tub scene. The cliffhanger was quite intriguing, what did Chigusa whisper in Mikoto’s ear? Who is the cat lady? The only thing I didn’t like about the episode is that it felt boring and kinda dragged on with them exploring the mansion and talking about the debt. Not bad of an episode but not one of my favorites.
Aug 10, 2019 1:26 AM

Dec 2012
Whos that's fox grill at the end

Aug 10, 2019 2:54 AM

Aug 2016
Geez, what kind of cliffhanger is that? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2019 3:36 AM

May 2016
This episode provided some nice down time, as the next arc is starting next week I would imagine things are going to get heavier again soon.
Aug 10, 2019 4:04 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty fun episode and decent fanservice...if not for those freaking ducks! Mikoto looking mighty fine.
Looking forward to more of that sexy fox girl in the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.