Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2015
That was a good opening episode, I like the partnership between those two already- they have a good chemistry.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 8, 2019 8:42 PM

Feb 2018
Little girl so cute.
Jul 8, 2019 8:57 PM
Aug 2018
is there any translations of the novels. anybody knows?
Jul 8, 2019 9:26 PM

Mar 2016
Che madre... ¿Por qué los de mi rancho siempre salimos más embarrados?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 8, 2019 9:46 PM
Oct 2011
alpha_shadow said:
This was really nicely put together. I was worried about the studio and staff, but they're doing a great job at bringing this crazy world to life.

It's really brutal right off the bat and I love the main characters, they'll make an interesting team. The action scenes are nice and I hope the production can keep it up.

It will be a fun time. And this line was iconic. "Satan can suck my dick". Kei is great.

Yeah.

-TACHYON- said:
I look forward to how the setting will be handled as it appears very intriguing; what could possibly happen when you introduce evil wizards and illegaly smuggled magical beasts and materials into the complicated crimescape of a modern city with one of the more active undergrounds? It can't be that bad, right?

Similarly, though it has been only hinted at, the clash between a cynical and an idealistic view on justice and law enforcment will be a treat if done well. It appears to me the author leans more towards the cynical view, but the resolution should be interesting.

Yeah lots of potential with the setting and the two leads.
Jul 8, 2019 10:08 PM

Sep 2017
I was expecting nothing but it looks pretty nice. The lighting particularly stands out. The main girl looks pretty cute and cool.
Jul 8, 2019 10:15 PM
Mar 2017
Well ... this anime started tragically and with a lot of action.
I decided to watch this anime just for curiosity and the truth is that it exceeded my expectations.

Kei is the rude detective with few words that always stand out for speaking little and going to action, it is a real pity what happens with his partner Rick and it is sadder to see that the man left behind a family, I hope Kei managed to avenge him .

Tilarna is too funny, a royal lady and an excellent swordswoman, and I love her curiosity about the new world she is sent to.

The combination of the police genre with the fantasy genre worked quite well in my opinion.

That cliffhanger, in the middle of a shooting with the possible fairy kidnapper, i felt the episode too short to be the first one, but it served very well as an introduction to the main characters and this world where the action takes place.

In general the anime works quite well, has an animation according to the genre that tries to combine and the design of characters is very good, personally Tilarna is the one I liked the most and because of what I saw in the OP more girls will appear, which It pleases me a lot and speaking of the OP I liked it a lot and the ED showed Tilarna in all her beauty.
Jul 8, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 2012
A decent episode, I like the Exedilica design, but her character is a little annoying for me. I hope she will become more likable after a few episodes.

Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 8, 2019 10:51 PM
Oct 2017
Finally we have an anime that is closer to the reality between so many Isekai shit >A<)
The truth is, I really enjoyed this first chapter. I expected the animation to be all CGI but no, I was surprised to see the good quality of the animation and the excellent OP and ED (I liked the vintage/aesthetic theme).

On the other hand, if I had to highlight something I didn't like, that would be the reaction the protagonist had after his friend and co-worker was murdered. Although he said he was going to take revenge, I think he also didn't react as most of us would: Very sad, angry and shocked.
Other than that, I think it was a more than good start and I have high expectations for this anime.

edit: I thought it was boring that gangsters/narco-traffickers were Mexicans since in almost all Yankees series they are always characterized like that and the truth already becomes very repetitive. Not that it's wrong, but if they wanted to stereotype they could also have been Colombians or any other country that is famous for drugs xD
KxrumiJul 8, 2019 11:02 PM
Jul 8, 2019 11:18 PM
Oct 2011
Thanks for the OP/ED links alpha_shadow :)

salbery755 said:
Well ... this anime started tragically and with a lot of action.
I decided to watch this anime just for curiosity and the truth is that it exceeded my expectations.

Kei is the rude detective with few words that always stand out for speaking little and going to action, it is a real pity what happens with his partner Rick and it is sadder to see that the man left behind a family, I hope Kei managed to avenge him .

Tilarna is too funny, a royal lady and an excellent swordswoman, and I love her curiosity about the new world she is sent to.

The combination of the police genre with the fantasy genre worked quite well in my opinion.

That cliffhanger, in the middle of a shooting with the possible fairy kidnapper, i felt the episode too short to be the first one, but it served very well as an introduction to the main characters and this world where the action takes place.

In general the anime works quite well, has an animation according to the genre that tries to combine and the design of characters is very good, personally Tilarna is the one I liked the most and because of what I saw in the OP more girls will appear, which It pleases me a lot and speaking of the OP I liked it a lot and the ED showed Tilarna in all her beauty.

Oh yeah, really enjoyed the OP/ED songs and the action visuals for the OP were really cool while the Tilarna themed ED visuals were a great highlight. These are some good fitting, catchy songs. Lots of good stuff for OP/EDs this season.

Excited to see their growth as a team and how their quirks/views rub off on each other over time, also to see her become more familiar with everything in this world as they work together, due to all that curiosity she's been showing, which will be satisfying once we hopefully start seeing her using everything after seeing how they work.

So much potential for a really cool show if the story develops well and they can keep it up. Also, like RebelPanda said I thought they did a nice job making their initial butting of heads come out mostly naturally to where I enjoyed both of their personalities and to where it should feel natural as they work through it.

Not really a spoiler, just an especially cute moment in the OP
DangerMouseDMJul 8, 2019 11:35 PM
Jul 8, 2019 11:40 PM

Sep 2016
definitely the best OP of the season by far
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 9, 2019 2:15 AM

Jan 2013
Oh, this was a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for more.
Jul 9, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2016
You know I realised I kind of have a soft spot for colourful fantasy cop shows. It reminds me a lot of Double Decker, but with less good character design. Thought it'd just be another nothing seasonal like so many others, but I think I might actually stick with this one. Tuesday morning and I'm actually in a good mood for once.
Jul 9, 2019 2:39 AM
Dec 2015
I'm sort of liking it,I believe it does deserve more viewers. 7/10 first impressions
Jul 9, 2019 2:41 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. Usually I don't like loli-like girls. But her personality/character are good. Also the main male is nice. I guess the plot won't be too interesting. Your usual stuff. But watchabla because of the nice chars and action.
Jul 9, 2019 3:25 AM

Jul 2017
Amazing first episode. Could easily see this as an underrated show of the season.

Such a jazzy and cool OP, could be OP of the season. Plus great ED too.

As expected from anime by Millepensee, a substantial amount of CGI is used to great effect. Not off-putting I must say.

Kei is NO ORDINARY policeman, but one that deals with alien figures. And it seems that the same aliens are causing trouble for them. Plus the central female character Tilarna is majestic royalty-driven, but otherwise another loli-esque kid. Kinda like her wittiness though.

Few chuckles here and there to keep the setting relevant.

Great action but cliffhanger...WHY???

Definitely a super-interesting anime to watch. I want more!
Jul 9, 2019 4:46 AM
Nov 2016
Fantastic first episode, found it on a whim, sad it's not getting more popularity.
What i'm interested is in the VA of Tilarna Exedilica, the handbrake accident sounded alot like Yuuki Aoi, but everything else sounds like Kaori Mizuhashi, the MAL info isn't updated on the VA's.
EDIT: Didn't see that she is singing the ED, so it's Mayu Yoshioka, first time I hear from her but she is doing a good job at voicing her, actually really fond of her voice.
007FFFJul 9, 2019 4:49 AM
Jul 9, 2019 4:58 AM
Feb 2009
they just had to cliff hang us like that great first episode though
Jul 9, 2019 5:12 AM

Feb 2015
Yoooooooo, that couch in the final scene completely broke my immersion.
My disappointment is immeasurable.. and my day is ruined.
Jul 9, 2019 6:41 AM

Nov 2018
I'm looking forward for this series, I love the OP/ED as well

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jul 9, 2019 6:46 AM

Dec 2018
We are hearing prayers to a false god!!,,, In this universe god does not exist!!!!, Only my lesbian Goddesses and the Yuri Religion are true,,, All other are false!!!!! Glory to the lesbians and to The Church of Yuri !!! I am her most dedicated faithful and loyal Crusader!!!! And will spread her word and fight her battles!!

Two dicks sitting in car talking i feeling bored already where is the girls?Then we talking about sex,,, Excuse me!!!! Anime!! I want them killed now!!!! And well one of them died minutes later and the other hopeful learned he lesson,,,,,Heterosexuality shall not be spoken about in my anime!!!!Its forbidden!!!!!!By spoken about deadly sins!!! He got he's friend killed, that was mean of you,,Dick!!!And nice that you told the widow about he death over the phone!!!

Then we go on, so much boring males speaking in this episode!!!! I cant concentrate when a male speaks!!! Where is my girl???

Then my Lesbian warrior princess finally arrives and she is stunning!!!! What a beautiful young pure lesbian!!!! She is so cute i love her already ,,,Male is being rude to MY princess!!!!!,HEY!!!, Slave!!! You should be very careful!!! I don't like you!!! And she is a Goddess ,, You are a maggot know your place!!!!!!!

Male slave drives around my princess so she can help the useless male bolice to get ride their problem,, because they are males they cant do anything them self!! And need my heavenly divine beautiful lesbian to do their work,,!!!!!!!Why do we have males in anime? And then when my waifu finally almost solves things and are ready to apprehend a suspect,,,,My girl fight strongly and are about to win and then bang the slave intervene!!! What!!! Why!!! You are a idiot!!! She doesn't need you help,, And she had it under control!!!! Stop being in the way!!!!!The suspect got away because of the males slave and that he couldn't wait in the fucking car

Overall not bad for a random pick up anime with a cute girl on cover,only reason why i watch it!!! But anime,, Her male slave is a huge problem,, He is defect and broken,, we need a new one,,And without a tongue please so he don't have opinions!!!,,,,,But my lesbian warrior princess is awesome ,, she is strong and i love that she is tells her slave how wrong he do things!!And i even notice some Yuri in the background,, surprised by that

Even if i see some problems!! I still wanna watch the next episode ,, You have 6/10 not a great start but a good one!!! And i saw some Yuri potential in it so for now you have my attention

Yuri-CrusaderJul 10, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 9, 2019 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
i was very happily surprised..animation is good, characters interesting and not over done. look forward to more!!!

Jul 9, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:

Why is UN so powerful? Why do they accept those aliens? Why do they care what happens to them? So far I am in the criminal team all the way

The first question may be a mistake of the author. Many people don't understand what the UN can and cannot do.
As for second and third... huh, those aliens are clearly sentient beings with the same ability to think and feel humans have. Why shouldn't the UN care about them?
Jul 9, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2017
Solid first episode, but godamit what a cliffhanger ending right at the middle of an action scene. Can't believe the studio is the one responsible for CLANG meme. Well done

Also, smooth af OP! My Monday is no longer ruined this season
Jul 9, 2019 8:21 AM

Jun 2013
Kekkai Sensen season 3 here we go. On a side note it was really bad telling the wife of your partner that he died over the phone like really brah?! Also fuck that hard cut
AxelucardJul 9, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 9, 2019 9:13 AM

Jul 2015
That was a very nice first episode, solid in every way and so fluid with the animation, the OP is a banger too.

"I wonder what's the studio behind it"

- Millepensee

Wait, what, how, what happened to the staff of that studio to suddenly get good. Let's see if they prove they can deliver good stuff as well.
Jul 9, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
JGChaves said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Why is UN so powerful? Why do they accept those aliens? Why do they care what happens to them? So far I am in the criminal team all the way

The first question may be a mistake of the author. Many people don't understand what the UN can and cannot do.
As for second and third... huh, those aliens are clearly sentient beings with the same ability to think and feel humans have. Why shouldn't the UN care about them?
They are not humans. They are invaders. Just because they are sentient does not mean they should be considered as important as humans. Caring for your own species more is the only way o survive
Jul 9, 2019 10:21 AM
May 2017
This seems line a hard boiled version of Kekkai Sensen
Jul 9, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2017
With a premise like that I expected utter garbage, but this is surprisingly coherent. The world makes sense (at least at the moment) and the main duo works quite well. Plus it's a noir/cop drama with magic and I never even knew I needed that in my life
Jul 9, 2019 12:31 PM
Mar 2018
I love the juxtaposition of the two MCs and their voice actors are quite on point. The episode was off to a promising start, I am looking forward to the next.
Jul 9, 2019 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
this was nice pleasant surprise and turned out better than I expected especially the Loli character isnt that bad! Its mix of bunch of similar shows (like BBB, Hakata ramen or some other police shows) still does manages to standout on its own thanks to being far more focused and simple.

Really digging the somewhat noirish vibe but on the other hand its end up way too bright on the sunlight. Hope most of the time the show takes place on the night time.

And by the main duo chemistry, you really can tell its written by same author of FMP, Amagi brilliant with a great setup. Really hoping this would been 2-cour but the studio is kinda new though.. Anyway finally solid good monday anime we got at least XD
Jul 9, 2019 1:49 PM
Jan 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
JGChaves said:

They are not humans. They are invaders. Just because they are sentient does not mean they should be considered as important as humans. Caring for your own species more is the only way o survive

As far as I am aware, no one invaded anything; just a gate connecting two worlds suddenly appreared out of nowhere, and, although we do not know the history yet, it is likely that no large-scale war occured since the diplomatic relations between the countries on Earth and in the other world seem to be peaceful. As such, we can conclude that after some skirmishes or shows of power, UN, as the representative of all countries on Earth, negotiated with the kingdom from the other world and, apparently, came to a concensus, probably signing a peace treaty, or perhaps an alliance even. After that, it is only natural that trade, cultural exchange and intermingling of the people of the two worlds ensued, the result being the city where the story takes place.

As for why the people of the other world are treated as, well, people, them being sentient, able to communicate and not hostile should be reason enough not to start a war against them, though a certain degree of discrimination should be expected, as we are, after all, humans. But if that is not enough for you, the fact that they can use magic which may possibly, when cast by powerful mages, be as strong as, if not even stronger than, atomic bombs as well as the possibility of them having tamed dragons or other magical creatures, which may be invulnerable to modern weaponry, should be enough deterrent for countries on Earth to think twice before becoming hostile. Add on to that the fact that we humans are never united, so considerable amount of people, if not the majority, would advocate against war.

Lastly, there are trade benefits and the addition of magic. What if using alchemy or healing magic, it was possible to cure incurable diseases? What if you could solve global warming or deforestation or desertification or other major problems by means of magic? The possibilities are endless and it is never wise to start a conflict with a lack of information.

Tl;dr: the other world most likely has great military power and/or invasion is logistically infeasiblle or humans don't know of their power but would rather not try as they can use magic, and thus a friendly relations were estabilished, giving everyone equal fundemental rights in both worlds.
Jul 9, 2019 2:27 PM

Apr 2012
Great prologue, great opening, great episode, great cliffhanger: I love anime.

Plus it reminds me of Kekkai sensen and Black Cat which had a loli and detective figure subplot.
Jul 9, 2019 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
What can I say. Finally, a western inspired series which is actually watchable and even pretty interesting?
Art-wise, I like how they are cleverly using creative tricks with animation to save the budget simultaneously keeping it interesting to look at.
Oh, and OP song is great.
To think about - series poster is probably the most important marketing device. I've picked it up just because the poster (like many other series that turned out to be a really nice piece of work).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2019 3:34 PM

Dec 2015
Okay, that was nice I guess. There is the occasional weird shot and even CGI I think??? But so far I think this can be pretty entertaining.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 9, 2019 5:41 PM

Dec 2014
Was that "satan can smd" line a literal translation? That caught me off guard lmao

I love the girls design too btw.
Jul 9, 2019 6:26 PM
May 2017
Now this is what a first episode should be like.

World building, characters introduction, and most importantly, explain on what the actual fuck is going on before jump into the action.

Overall, a solid first episode, look forward to the next one.

coffeeman21Jul 9, 2019 6:29 PM
Jul 9, 2019 6:38 PM

Apr 2012
LeMasta said:
Was that "satan can smd" line a literal translation?
No, in Japanese he says "I couldn't care less about Satan" サタンなんぞ知るか.
Jul 9, 2019 8:28 PM

Dec 2014
EratiK said:
LeMasta said:
Was that "satan can smd" line a literal translation?
No, in Japanese he says "I couldn't care less about Satan" サタンなんぞ知るか.

Huh, figured. Doesn't seem like a line you would hear a Japanese person say or at least from what I assume
Jul 9, 2019 10:19 PM

Feb 2017
I was to drop this anime only from the cover front (a girl showing his pants) and the studio (Millepensee).

But then remember that the girls looks like a main character of Last Exile.

Then this anime looks to me like Last Exile + Speedgrapher.
The first episode was good, has violence, mature content, a guy telling over the phone
to a girl, that his boyfriends is dead... .

Really like the urban plus magic atmosphere.
Jul 9, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
-TACHYON- said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

As far as I am aware, no one invaded anything; just a gate connecting two worlds suddenly appreared out of nowhere, and, although we do not know the history yet, it is likely that no large-scale war occured since the diplomatic relations between the countries on Earth and in the other world seem to be peaceful. As such, we can conclude that after some skirmishes or shows of power, UN, as the representative of all countries on Earth, negotiated with the kingdom from the other world and, apparently, came to a concensus, probably signing a peace treaty, or perhaps an alliance even. After that, it is only natural that trade, cultural exchange and intermingling of the people of the two worlds ensued, the result being the city where the story takes place.

As for why the people of the other world are treated as, well, people, them being sentient, able to communicate and not hostile should be reason enough not to start a war against them, though a certain degree of discrimination should be expected, as we are, after all, humans. But if that is not enough for you, the fact that they can use magic which may possibly, when cast by powerful mages, be as strong as, if not even stronger than, atomic bombs as well as the possibility of them having tamed dragons or other magical creatures, which may be invulnerable to modern weaponry, should be enough deterrent for countries on Earth to think twice before becoming hostile. Add on to that the fact that we humans are never united, so considerable amount of people, if not the majority, would advocate against war.

Lastly, there are trade benefits and the addition of magic. What if using alchemy or healing magic, it was possible to cure incurable diseases? What if you could solve global warming or deforestation or desertification or other major problems by means of magic? The possibilities are endless and it is never wise to start a conflict with a lack of information.

Tl;dr: the other world most likely has great military power and/or invasion is logistically infeasiblle or humans don't know of their power but would rather not try as they can use magic, and thus a friendly relations were estabilished, giving everyone equal fundemental rights in both worlds.
1. When a large population moves on your territory it is an invasion. They will consume resources making life harder and if they multiply at the same or higher rate than current population it will probably replace it. Is invasion by simple moving in and reproducing. Not all invasions have to be accompanied by a war. Not if the inhabitants of the invaded land are bonobos that do not oppose of being invaded.
About not being hostile not what this episode showed. Even the so called nobles are hostile and it looks pretty much like a takeover as humans cannot oppose them.
Magic cannot cure anything not inflicted by magic. At most it can speed up the body natural healing mechanisms. About global warming and the others humans can solve them pretty simple: PLANT TREES! Not that hard right? If you have a desertified area bring some trash and plant some trees. Also stop consuming more than you need. Follow these two and problem solved. Things like recycling and carbon footprint does not matter too much in reality. Trees stabilize the climate in an area, produce oxygen and neutralize a lot of toxic substances.
Jul 10, 2019 12:07 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome OP song.

Finally. A decent show on Mondays.
Jul 10, 2019 12:52 AM

Jun 2017
The animation was actually good, the premise interesting. Can't believe this is from the studio that animated berserk 16. Overall I have a good first impression. Hoping that the quality is maintained throughout the season.
Jul 10, 2019 1:19 AM
Jun 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
-TACHYON- said:

1. When a large population moves on your territory it is an invasion. They will consume resources making life harder and if they multiply at the same or higher rate than current population it will probably replace it. Is invasion by simple moving in and reproducing. Not all invasions have to be accompanied by a war. Not if the inhabitants of the invaded land are bonobos that do not oppose of being invaded.
About not being hostile not what this episode showed. Even the so called nobles are hostile and it looks pretty much like a takeover as humans cannot oppose them.
Magic cannot cure anything not inflicted by magic. At most it can speed up the body natural healing mechanisms. About global warming and the others humans can solve them pretty simple: PLANT TREES! Not that hard right? If you have a desertified area bring some trash and plant some trees. Also stop consuming more than you need. Follow these two and problem solved. Things like recycling and carbon footprint does not matter too much in reality. Trees stabilize the climate in an area, produce oxygen and neutralize a lot of toxic substances.

Nice racism, but let's analyze why you're wrong.
1. "Invasion:
noun
an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, especially by an army.
the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
entrance as if to take possession or overrun
infringement by intrusion."
Let's analyze every single definition. First, he aliens don't have an army; second, aside from a few criminals nothing suggest that the majority of them are harmful; third, they aren't taking possess or overrunning nothing, we have no reason to suspect that they aren't normal working citizens; fourth, it's not an intrusion, like it was implied in the episode trade and intermingling of people are allowed.
2. They're not hostile. A few of them are criminals. Denying this is the same as saying that all italians are criminals because they've created the mafia. This is a by the book racist generalization.
3. Nothing has showed that the nobles are hostile. The little girl is simply not accustomed to how human interact with each other, nothing major though since she didn't commit any crime. The differences probably only concern communication.
And before you're going to say it. Aliens ARE people. From what we've seeing in this anime aliens are basically humans from another world. They have high intelligence, like us, they have emotions, like us, they have vices, like us, they have virtues, like us. Nothing suggest that they should be treated in any way different from us.
Still I want to congratulate to you. I can't decide if you're actually a racist or just a troll, all your comments from this thread and the katsute kami datta kemono-tachi e one and the hypocrisy hidden between them lead me to take both of these options in account.
Jul 10, 2019 1:38 AM

Nov 2018
katsu044 said:
homie told her over the phone THE PHONE!

i didn't dislike it will see where it goes the hard cut cliffhanger caught me off guard was like damn just gonna end there.

only real bad thing is they seem to be pushing quite a bit of fanservice on the loli alien ant saying her name because it's too long

I have seen a lot of people complaining about how he told her of his partner's death over the phone, but in all honesty if you look at the real world as an example, I think you will find that this sort of tragic news comes to you over the phone more often than in person.
Jul 10, 2019 2:52 AM

Jan 2017
Dark and brutal setting - Check
MC that dont give a crap - Check
Solid OP and ED - Check
Mix of Kekkai Sensen and Gate - Check

Loli saber with nekomimi transformation - Super Check!

I'm already sold for this one!

Can't wait to see Tirana Exedirika cosplays and figurines!
Dudi4PoLFrJul 10, 2019 3:04 AM
Jul 10, 2019 2:58 AM

Aug 2012
Arylon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Nice racism, but let's analyze why you're wrong.
1. "Invasion:
noun
an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, especially by an army.
the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
entrance as if to take possession or overrun
infringement by intrusion."
Let's analyze every single definition. First, he aliens don't have an army; second, aside from a few criminals nothing suggest that the majority of them are harmful; third, they aren't taking possess or overrunning nothing, we have no reason to suspect that they aren't normal working citizens; fourth, it's not an intrusion, like it was implied in the episode trade and intermingling of people are allowed.
2. They're not hostile. A few of them are criminals. Denying this is the same as saying that all italians are criminals because they've created the mafia. This is a by the book racist generalization.
3. Nothing has showed that the nobles are hostile. The little girl is simply not accustomed to how human interact with each other, nothing major though since she didn't commit any crime. The differences probably only concern communication.
And before you're going to say it. Aliens ARE people. From what we've seeing in this anime aliens are basically humans from another world. They have high intelligence, like us, they have emotions, like us, they have vices, like us, they have virtues, like us. Nothing suggest that they should be treated in any way different from us.
Still I want to congratulate to you. I can't decide if you're actually a racist or just a troll, all your comments from this thread and the katsute kami datta kemono-tachi e one and the hypocrisy hidden between them lead me to take both of these options in account.

1. Yes I am a proud racist. I am all for homo sapiens. Another point is you say except for a few criminals but it seems most of the criminals in the only city where there are both aliens and humans are mostly aliens and that at least a few alien races are in great majority criminals. Also do you know about the laws that prevent you to insert some animals that are not indigenous into another country? There is a reason for this. Also notice that entry of an alien plant or organism is also called an invasion and that the main point is that the mass of beings forced their entry rather than be welcomed.
2. The way the noble acts to humans is in my opinion hostile. And she is not a criminal but she infringes on the rights of every human he meets and attacks whomever she feels like under the shield of diplomatic immunity. I would call that hostile.
3.Have you watched the episode? How can you say the girl (she is little only in size not age) is not hostile. If a guest comes to your house and cuts your arm because in their culture x is offensive does that not make them hostile?
Also they are a different species, they are not human, let alone the whole lore regarding elves and fairies which despite the Disney re imagining is not that pleasant, rather than this more horror stories.
Also can you tell me how I am a racist or hypocrite?
First of race applies to different races inside the homo sapiens species despite being no clean cut distinction except for subsaharan blacks who lived more separately. The rest of us are generally pretty mixed up genetically so is hard to say where one race starts and another one ends. And they are a different species. Is like saying we should give dolphins same rights as humans.
About your italian mafia analogy is a poor one. There are groups that are over 70% criminals and this is what we are facing here. I can give you examples but I do not want to go into a long discussion that probably will not go anywhere due to your marxist upbringing.
About the other show, all I advocated is innocent before proven guilty and law instead of mobs and justitiary characters. Just because someone is presented as good does not mean it is.
As a conclusion ad hominem attacks like calling me names do not work on me. I will not respond to those anymore. If you have real arguments we can debate if not I will consider your loss.

PS: your definition of invasion is quite limitated. A better one would be: trespassing of a property by a large enough group generally with the intention to settle there.
nightcrawlercypJul 10, 2019 3:15 AM
Jul 10, 2019 7:24 AM

Oct 2017
I thought that it's end of good shows in this season ,althought this series is pretty good.
First episode was full of action ,there's no moment when i was boring or checking how much left episode.
Kai with this little girl is really pleasant combination.

Waiting for more!
Jul 10, 2019 9:21 AM

Jul 2016
Like almost everyone here, I wasn't expecting too much but it was a really good start.
I love Exedilika's design and her voice is great too, cute outside with strong personality.
The direction gave me the feel of watching an american tv series but with something magical/special. I enjoyed.
Jul 10, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2009
My favourite first episode of this season so far.
Oniikami said:
CGI was kept to a minimum (car scenes) but at least it's way better than what the studio has done before (with the Berserk series).

very interested to see where this goes. i'll lol if the ultimate goal is to obtain a magical wand

Chrome_Falcon said:
The animation was actually good, the premise interesting. Can't believe this is from the studio that animated berserk 16. Overall I have a good first impression. Hoping that the quality is maintained throughout the season.

CGI in Berserk was done by Gemba, Millipense was basically Itagaki and his wife but I guess for this production they employed more people and obviously outsourcing.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.