Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 15, 2019 7:43 PM

Nov 2015
Nicely wrapped up story, Enjoyed the Chuuya backstory and how it ties to the current story. Fyoodor's location reveal was a nice twist, curious how they plan to contain him because of his gift. Since the manga is popular im expecting a S4 which would be great.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Nov 26, 2019 4:30 PM

Dec 2010
It's actually kind of scary that Dazai didn't dare to approach Fyodor enough to try and disable his ability. Especially considering that Dazai said _the city_ will need the alliance of Akutagawa and Atsushi to face off against the monster that is Fyodor, but then again the two of them only combined powers to kill a side character less relevant than even the mcguffing that was Pushkin, and even that only happened because they were weakened prior to facing the guy.

I rank this season lower than S2, and that may partly be because of the Fyodor arc not living up to the hype from the previous finale, but S2 beats it most all aspects in my opinion. Most importantly in the flashback part, even if I was interested to learn Chuuya's background, the Sakanosuke story was better.
If I have to give props to S3 for one thing, it would be the side stories we got between the plot points, like Kyouka's graduation gift and the death of Atsushi's father figure.

Something else that this season's finale lacks is a clear cliffhanger to a Season 4. I wonder if this was done for the effect of a soft finale, because I'm sure that there is more for this story to offer.

Ibuki_22 said:
Oda’s story (or dazai’s backstory) was heavily tied to the main story and dazai who is pivotal characters, so its inclusion within s2 was largely justified. However, chuuya is not that of pivotal character, so his character backstory could have been done on the side especially that it doesn’t tie much with the present like dazai’s.
I agree, Chuuya might have even worked better as a mysterious figure this season, and then we could get the OVA before S4 or something.
Dec 22, 2019 10:18 AM

May 2018
Atsushi in Akutagawas mantle and them attacking together made my day

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Feb 8, 2020 8:46 AM

Mar 2018
I have to admit that this was actually very good but this season was still very undercooked and felt all over the place. The storytelling was pretty weak, the character development mostly so so. Season two was still the best.
Mar 14, 2020 12:31 PM

May 2016
To Stary Dogs a toast which only for a friend guess Dazai really started to like Astushi even more than before. 7/10

New season come soon.

Mar 20, 2020 7:51 PM

Apr 2016
That cooperation between Atsushi and Akutagawa was incredible! I got goosebumps just from watching it play out. There was a handful of mediocre episodes buried throughout this season of Bungou but I think the ending more than compensated for it.

Pretty good! Can't wait for another season whenever that may be.
Apr 8, 2020 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
aHHHHH I'm looking forward to see season 4!! :3
Apr 8, 2020 4:24 PM

Nov 2015
the more they give Atsuchi screen time the more i hate the series , and the more they show dazai and the seinen characters the more i like it .
but still good anime .
crying dude : 0/10 .
Dazai : 8/10 .
russia : 9/10 .
other characters 7/10 .

Story : 8/10 .
animation 9/10 .

overall : 8/10 .

Apr 12, 2020 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
Great end! The battle was amazing, Atsushi and Akutagawa "fusion" was amazing! Dazai is so smart.
Apr 16, 2020 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
I would like to punch Ivan's face seriously but I'm a lil bit disappointed in regards to the battle scene and when they chase Pushkin, in previous eps Akutagawa and Atsushi showcased the best of their abilities but I think it's not the case in the first part of the battle. Can't believe that Pushkin guy outwitted them but it's still nice to see them work together to beat that Ivan guy. I like the part when Fyodor got really surprised to see Dazai and Francis. Does the guild will be more involve in the next episodes?

Chuuya was still in the novel? Hahaha poor guy I would really like to see what happened between Ranpo and Chuuya.

What happened to Nathaniel by the way?

Best thing that happened is Fukuzawa and Mori punch for Pushkin (I think he deserves more than a punch), Fukuzawa's smile and Kenji getting excited to be axed lol

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 24, 2020 9:23 AM

Mar 2016
Such a good finale. Fyodor's motive and story is still a big question mark tho, but I hope we can uncover them at the new season. Then, Atsushi and Akutagawa combined skill and an epic song playing at the background makes it a memorable scene. Overall 9/10. Good show.
May 25, 2020 9:22 PM

Feb 2015
Ivan’s fight was very fast, the pace just exploded, I have to say that I didn’t like the classic music in the background through action scenes, I think it was better used in 91 Days as an example, Atsushi got a power up cause, plot. After half of the episode of a not exciting battle, we were glad to watch Fyodor’s face when he discovered that Dazai found him, priceless, he used his ability, but it is still a mystery, also, I was wondering about Francis whereabouts when he appeared, looking for more transcendence. Fukuzawa and Mori, Dazai and Chuya (or Oda), Atsushi and Akutagawa, such a history of rivalries between the two organizations, and why 6 months.
May 31, 2020 3:20 PM

Jun 2012
Been saving this series for awhile now. I went into it as blind as I possibly could. And I really liked it! But not as much as I thought I would. I tried to keep my hype levels down but I was really hoping it'd be a 10/10. The artstyle, the genre, the humour, the music, the whole feel of the show, heck it even had daddy sakurai as a villain, everything is so go good but I think it's just a solid 9/10, there's some small thing missing, but I'm not sure what it is. This was my 1000th completed anime here on mal so I think I'll take a break for now; maybe even a permanent one I'm not sure where I stand with anime at the moment. Overall BSD kind of feels like a better durara.
Jul 9, 2020 3:05 AM

Feb 2018
So what is Stray Dogs? Did i miss something?
Jul 15, 2020 2:59 AM
May 2020
TO THE STRAY DOGS!!!!🥂
Jul 30, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2020
Atsushi and Akutagawa teaming up was my favorite. Excited to see more of them in the next season (hopefully there will be)

I really thought Fyodor will just escape, didn’t see it coming that Dazai will be there. I really thought he was outsmarted by Fyodor completely.
Aug 3, 2020 5:35 PM

Feb 2019
I want s4 T^T I just finished binge watching the series ugh. I miss dazai, chuuya and ranpo already
owkey
Dec 4, 2020 11:38 AM
May 2018
acutely i like season 3 more than first two season more and Nakajima wasn't crying any more
Mar 19, 2021 6:29 PM

Aug 2019
The season just went from great to incredible. Loved the Tchaikovsky and peak of Atsushi/Akutagawa character development. So much exploration of duality and growing in weakness.

Shame Chuuya got stuck in the book but it is very fitting. I can imagine it would probably be Dazai who would get him out, if only to troll the entire time.

I look forward to a fourth season if it ever comes out. Each season has been gold and more of the same would be wonderful.

"...fatih, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

"I began to trust the world [...] to give unforeseen goods and pleasures that I had not thought to want."

Mar 25, 2021 6:46 AM
Jul 2020
good anime much would so watch it if there another season coming 8/10
Apr 29, 2021 2:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I’m just surprised how fyodor didn’t ensure the virus dude’s absolute safety since his entire plan to turn the port mafia and the agency against each other hinges on just about him alone. Or maybe it’s all part of his even bigger master plan, who knows. I didn’t read the manga.

Season 2 was pretty much split it into two, the masterpiece that was the dark continent backstory arc, and then the present day guild arc. Here in season 3 we still get that 4 episode back story arc albeit nowhere NEAR as good as the dark continent was. But the difference here is that every episode in some way shape or form ties into the finale for this season. Every episode serves a purpose before beginning the latter 3rd of the season, even the one with the headmaster meeting truck kun and probably getting isekai’d. And yet, while it all ties together, still didn’t feel as solid as the two seasons that came before it. It really felt, rushed.

There are still a number of things left up in the air, for one being chuuya still stuck in that book. Maybe the unanswered questions are meant for another season. But come on you can quickly address a couple things here and there just to give some closure. And on top of that I think things moved way too quickly, the plot did not at all develop at a nice pace. This season needed more episodes. Again, haven’t read the source material, but to me it felt like the decided to speed run this section. I mean halfway through the LAST episode they are literally just having a dumb cart chase through the mines. Things should’ve already been wrapping up by then. But then it seems like I spoke too soon, because right after the fight with the earth dude, the virus guy just walks out and gets caught and then so does fyodor. Easy! Yeah no that’s too fast. Had all this great set up and just like that it’s gone.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy this though. Although I still hold seasons one and two on a higher pedestal than this. But I still did have a good time. Strangely I thought this would be satisfactory enough. But no it’s left me wanting more. That would normally be seen as a good thing, an anime being so good that you want more. But in this case I’m going to say it’s actually a bad thing. I feel like I want more because this season wasn’t satisfactory. Had this been more well developed and more well paced despite probably not having enough episodes to tell the story, I may have been satisfied, and dismissed it without wanting more. Idk, just wish it were, better, you know?

I like how it all tied in together. But with how rushed and unevenly paced it got, it wasn’t worth it. 6/10. And while it was adequate enough, I wanted more screen time for our other detective agency characters.
BetaMaleUltraApr 29, 2021 2:24 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 29, 2021 7:37 PM
Mar 2021
Overall great season give it an 8/10
Jun 1, 2021 12:47 PM

Feb 2021
ugh i was hoping that they would show at least one scene about what happened in the book with rampo and chuuya...

this episode was soo interesting, with the two teaming up, fyodor's scheme (hopefully we learn more abt his ability in the future) maybe we can learn more about natusme senpai?? like so much is going on

it definitely feels like there is a atsushi-akutagawa-dazai kinda relationship with the fukuzawa-mori-natsume tho am i the only one
bellfruitJun 1, 2021 1:21 PM
Jun 14, 2021 9:13 AM

Mar 2019
Interesting finale. That ending was great and the fight was also well-done. Still enjoyed the season even if it got somewhat boring at times, but still not close to the 2nd season. But again, THAT ENDING!!!! Seeing Fyodor shocked at the end and Dazai being one stop ahead of him with the help of Francis!

The talk between Atsushi and Dazai at the end made me somewhat sad. I'm pretty sure that's what Dazai also toasted for with Ango and Oda.

Can't wait for season 4, but after watching both Noragami and BSD, I still want Noragami to get the next season.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 29, 2021 1:46 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Atsushi and Akutagawa combined attack was pretty awesome but even more awesome was Dazai with the help of Fitzgerald outwitting and even suprising Fyodr there.

Sep 5, 2021 8:25 AM

Jan 2015
I don't know what the deal is with the way the new MCs are written, but I hate them with a passion, and it was never factor for me when I was watching Bleach, One piece, Naruto or D.Gray-man. Fuck Midoriya and Atsushi, they piss me off for some reason.
Oct 23, 2021 10:32 PM
Dec 2017
Can't wait for season 4 to happen!

Nov 29, 2021 12:51 PM
Nov 2020
This has deeper meaning. Dazai hasn’t had a drink in the show since Oda and Ango. What a beautiful moment.
Dec 13, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2020
The moment they fight each other is something good. Didn't expect that a fight with classic music, it's like watching in 90s. Well, duo is back again Akutagawa and Atsushi but still no to Atsushi. Dazai always one step forward than the others. He is really genius, or I just assume Dazai as an author of the story lel.
Aug 30, 2022 5:48 PM

Nov 2020
Well I didn't really like the ending tbh, but it was a good season. Dazai is still the best charachter xD! Waiting for the next season!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Sep 2, 2022 2:02 PM

Jan 2022
Does Dazai see Chuuya and himself in Atsushi and Aktugawa? I think that's why he keeps pairing them up together!! Atsushi and Aktugawa working together to create a power move was so cool to see!! And everyone was saved!! I did wonder what happened to the guild after seeing them on an episode or two, glad they teamed up with the special detectives. This was a really good way to end season 3. Although the whole season didn't live up to my expectations. 7/10
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 20, 2022 5:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes!! Akutagawa and Atsushi common attack on the golem dude was absolutely epic! Also they managed to all catch the virus stupid dude and cancel the effects (and that double punch was deserved ofc) while Fiodor got caught but I doubt it is the end for him, especially how he killed that policeman... anyway the agency deserved that luxurious reception on the yacht.. gotta look forward to S4 now, this season was great even better than the 2nd one imo
Nov 7, 2022 3:43 PM
Aug 2020
gostei bastante do anime , não vejo a hora de chegar a 4 temporada
Nov 26, 2022 7:40 AM
Dec 2021
HOLY SHIT THE LAST EPISODE!! MINDBLOWN
Dec 4, 2022 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
So where did this leave off in the manga?
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 10, 2022 5:48 AM
Jun 2021
Watched from s1 to s3 in 6 days. The last ep was good, Akutagawa and Atsushi working together to defeat the enemy, my favorite part was Fyodor's reaction on seeing Dazai. Hyped up for season 4 in January
Dec 29, 2022 11:54 AM

Jul 2022
and here I´m ready for season 4. loving the little rivalry between Akutagawa and Atsushi who would have thought I´d like the dark coated emo boy after all :).
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Dec 31, 2022 12:06 AM
Sep 2022
truly a master piece!
Jan 3, 2023 9:12 AM
Nov 2021
“To the stray dogs🍺"

This season was too good.... best season among the three...Dazai remembering his trio....

Now I'm ready for s4 which is just one day away....
Jan 7, 2023 3:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic finish to what has been, in my opinion, the most entertaining BSD season so far!

All the slow episodes in the middle phase served as a really good buildup for the penultimate arc for me, and it was nice to see the inner thoughts and resolutions of some of the characters. Right from then on, the stakes were high and all the characters had their shining moments, so I'd my fill xD. Ranpo-san taking charge was really entertaining too, I'd love to see him rise up to the occasion like that more often. 

In the end, it turned out to be Dazai-san along with the help of Francis-san who managed to turn the tables on the villain this time around. I was wondering what the significance behind that one episode featuring his comeback was and here we've it, including even the technology. Duo between Akutagawa and Atsushi getting stronger by the season finale, it seems lol. Looks like there might be big changes in the 6-month timeframe, looking forward to that. Natsume Souseki-san's reveal from one of the previous episodes was quite something too, and of course he was in the form of the cat. Felt a little disappointed in myself for not figuring it out, lol. 

Both the Op and ED were brilliant this season. Especially the ED, it's probably going to go down as one of the most memorable ones. Seeing the scene of the various characters in tears and then running off, all that in harmony was just beautiful. And the song was great too! I love seeing shows where Mafia and the Govt. are both involved and they protect their cities in their own ways. Two other shows which come to mind include Durarara!! and Kekkai Sensen, and I found myself comparing this show often to the other two. 

Guess I'll go with a 9/10 for this one. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 10, 2023 4:36 AM

Dec 2018
going to have to give it a 6. 
some really good parts with a lot of silliness and stories that felt a little dragged out or unnecessary. 
Mar 9, 2023 8:30 AM
Mar 2023
no one is dying everyone getting hit but no one dies like everyone is the GOD
Mar 15, 2023 10:07 AM

Oct 2018
A full Igarashi episode this time and it's kind of average for his standards. Just like the previous season, my favorite once again was the flashback arc, but still I think this was a stronger season than the previous one. I also like how everything came together at the end, but tbh, they could have done a bit more with Francis and especially, with the God Of Eye but I guess it is what it is. S4 next.
Apr 3, 2023 5:50 AM
Nov 2020
that final fight's music was nice
Jul 27, 2023 8:15 PM

Dec 2022
Fyodor will probably escape from custody easily enough. I doubt he stops appearing after this.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 5, 2023 9:46 AM
Jul 2015
Goofy ass anime i will never trust anime fans hype shit anymore 4/10

would rather spend my time looking at Wriothesley thirst and big burst tities arts more than watching this plots story 😌
Sep 19, 2023 2:28 PM
Feb 2019
a nice animated 3rd season with lot of twists,
Dec 30, 2023 6:55 PM
May 2020
Its Really really Good
Jan 26, 1:51 PM
Jan 2019
I had fun watching this!
Apr 7, 2:19 PM
Oct 2023
a nice conclusion loved to see Akutagawa and Atsushi figh together again, and Fyodor getting outsmarted by Dazai was such a well done moment really one of the best moments in the whole series. fritzgerald helping Osamu with eyes of god was something Fyodor clearly didnt expect. The shock on his face got me smiling. But im sure hell get out of confinement and try to realise his plans once more.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

85 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

103 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2019

75 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

98 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.