Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2019 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh interesting, we got some focus on Louise this episode. I find it interesting that one of the lesser characters gets their own screen time. Even more importantly, Francis Fitzgerald is also back and alive.

I kinda miss The Guild actually. They had some rather unique members.
May 24, 2019 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
Shy girl who recruited many people w. ability wants a man (CV: Sakurai-san)'s order again, but rejected. He somehow helped her from other people's bully. In the end he agreed.

Her ability is make time faster?

Drunk guy (CV: Hirakawa-san)... he killed his friend. That man wants his system.

His company doesn't seem to want to undo his crime. She got HiroC's character to see through the real criminal, which is the boss. He got the proof, then spreading rumor about the company to get the money including the system.

lol @ that man is into the bargains.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2019 7:58 AM

Apr 2016
"Give me your most valuable possession girl".
"Girl proceed to give her panties".

Also ... is something finally going to happen ? They building something these 7 episodes but still nothing, and nothing.
May 24, 2019 8:01 AM
Apr 2019
Brace yourself for the next episode, you'll witness the true evil that is Fyodor-sama !
May 24, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2017
I did not expect to see Francis again but there's actually a part of me that's kinda happy to see him. He might be a dick and a vile human being but he's charismatic and a damn good villain!
May 24, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2017
Lel0uchZer0 said:
This episode was soooo gooood
This season is unbelieveable

Agreed! So much has happened already and u can tell that these recent eps are setting up for something BIG
May 24, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2017
Swagernator said:

Also ... is something finally going to happen ? They building something these 7 episodes but still nothing, and nothing.

These last few episodes are setting up the pieces to something bigger for sure!
May 24, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
Well, that's one hell of a comeback Francis pulled off there xD

Great episode again, Francis is such a charistmatic guy, having him back surely feels good. Also lol, him being into his new hobby is so amusing and it's a humorous way to illustrate his development as a person to boot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2019 8:54 AM

Mar 2017
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Swagernator said:

Nothing??? First 3 eps were a very important backstory about dazai and chuuya
Epusode 4 introdiced the main villain
Episode 5 reintroduced our cast
Episode 6 showed the backstory to kyouka's parents death and the end of atsushi'a nightmares
Episode 7 reintroduced the main villain from season 2
Now we have 5 eps left for a final showdown between 4 organizations and these 7 episodes built it up perfectly
We have port mafia and the agency in good terms. Fyodor built up as a perfect villain and the perfect enemy for dazai and the guild leader going back to his glory and ready to fight

Yesss Lel0uchZer0! This season has been amazing so far and people always look at the immediately storyline... not everything has to happen in one season. This season seems to be setting up for something bigger that will spill into season 4
May 24, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
As much as, due the length of the season, this episode leaves us with less episodes to cover the main arc of this series, Fitzgerald is such an enjoyable character that I didn't mind it at all. His sudden obsession with cooking pots was pretty amusing, and how he went from being a beggar to taking the control of that company was awesome.
May 24, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
man this series really does have its way with making villains so likable. Francis was such a badass
May 24, 2019 9:35 AM
Apr 2019
kater_tot said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Nothing??? First 3 eps were a very important backstory about dazai and chuuya
Epusode 4 introdiced the main villain
Episode 5 reintroduced our cast
Episode 6 showed the backstory to kyouka's parents death and the end of atsushi'a nightmares
Episode 7 reintroduced the main villain from season 2
Now we have 5 eps left for a final showdown between 4 organizations and these 7 episodes built it up perfectly
We have port mafia and the agency in good terms. Fyodor built up as a perfect villain and the perfect enemy for dazai and the guild leader going back to his glory and ready to fight

Yesss Lel0uchZer0! This season has been amazing so far and people always look at the immediately storyline... not everything has to happen in one season. This season seems to be setting up for something bigger that will spill into season 4

This "Something bigger" will start in the next episode
May 24, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing episode and gladly it wasn't rushed like the last one. Hopefully that means that it was just a one time thing for Bones.

It's quite nice seeing Fitzgerald making his big return, and what a return it was. Next week should start the main plot. Can't wait to see Fyodor in action.
May 24, 2019 11:38 AM

Mar 2016
I hope Francis doesn't become allied with the Detective Agency. It's a bit too shounen-ish.

I knew the conversation was being recorded, but I didn't think Edgar Allen Poe was still a member of the guild.

Every time Ranpo and Poe talk, it feels kind of strange. If you write Edgar Allan Poe in Japanese, and rearrange it a little, it becomes Edogawa Ranpo.
May 24, 2019 11:43 AM
Sep 2016
How to Make a Character Get onto Someone's Favorites List in 20 Minutes The Animation
Great character writing.
1.1.Six
May 24, 2019 12:17 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Francis the master of the guild managed to survive that battle as well. Though curious in how he ended up in the slums. Louisa sure is quite devoted to her master. Lucy's pretty cute when she's angry lol. Despite the defeated aura about him it was nice that Francis stepped in to help protect Louisa from those thugs. The power of money truly was devastating. Despite the gravity of the challenge facing them it's nice seeing Francis rise back up with Louisa's help. Its quite amusing seeing Francis experience life without unlimited money while at the same time trying hard to strike bargains. So the detective part was essentially outsourcing to the agency huh. An excellent ep and its nice to see Francis and Louisa come back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2019 12:22 PM

Apr 2015
if they were trying to make Francis likeable, they didn't succeed. his character is so boring.
May 24, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
I hope Francis doesn't become allied with the Detective Agency. It's a bit too shounen-ish.

I knew the conversation was being recorded, but I didn't think Edgar Allen Poe was still a member of the guild.

Every time Ranpo and Poe talk, it feels kind of strange. If you write Edgar Allan Poe in Japanese, and rearrange it a little, it becomes Edogawa Ranpo.

Fitzgerald is an opportunist. He sides with the winning side and the side that brings most profit to him cause his creed is “money is everything”.

Anyways, this was a great adaptation of the chapters.
May 24, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2018
WTF that Guild Boss Francis is still alive, broken but alive and back in business???????

And who is this Louisa girl anyway?

So what does Francis want with that book anyway????
May 24, 2019 1:27 PM

Apr 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
WTF that Guild Boss Francis is still alive, broken but alive and back in business???????

Louisa is the Guilds strategist that we saw in season 2.

As for what Fitzgerald wants with the book. He wants to use the book in order to revive his dead daughter and heal his mentally ill wife. Again, revealed in season 2.
Vlad4oMay 24, 2019 1:31 PM
May 24, 2019 3:00 PM
Apr 2019
Vlad4o said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

As for what Fitzgerald wants with the book. He wants to use the book in order to revive his dead daughter and heal his mentally ill wife. Again, revealed in season 2.

Yo Vlad , nice to see you here (Btw i'm Joe Dio from youtube )
May 24, 2019 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
FyodorYukichi4 said:
Vlad4o said:

Yo Vlad , nice to see you here (Btw i'm Joe Dio from youtube )

Oh hi there. Nice to see you too.
May 24, 2019 3:52 PM

Mar 2017
FyodorYukichi4 said:
kater_tot said:

This "Something bigger" will start in the next episode

Ahhh, will it now?! I'm kinda nervous about it but also can't wait to see what it is haha
May 24, 2019 3:58 PM

Feb 2018
This continue to be my favorite of the season , That's one hell of a comeback Francis just did .
May 24, 2019 4:17 PM

Jan 2016
I think this episode just established to me what the most unique thing about Bungou Stray Dogs is, it's not a series with disposable arc villains. I loved season 2, but I was perfectly content if Fitzgerald never reappeared again, I thought the Guild was done, maybe see some of the characters again, but it was an arc that was over. But apparently no, the arc may have ended but they still exist, they still have the ability to play a part in what's to come. That's actually really cool and I can't think of another battle series that did something like that.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
May 24, 2019 4:18 PM

Feb 2019
Its great to see Fitzgerald again, and better than ever. Someone need to tell him to stop being so hot

I love his development in this episode. Now he loves buying discount stuff, its hillarious how he reacted to the changes of his environment. By far my most favorite episode of the season, 'cause fitzgerald done it very well
May 24, 2019 5:24 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, I loved this one.

Francis getting back on his feet in total style. xD
I thought Louisa might've been like Ranpo where she doesn't actually have power but is just super smart and in ways I guess she is like that but also isn't because she's capable of slowing time to give her more time to think.

The final scene with Francis going to get some pots was great. :)
May 24, 2019 6:41 PM
Mar 2017
Fitzgerald returns in all his glory, but I also felt that he came back a little more humble.
Louisa is the most loyal woman that someone like Fitzgerald could have as an ally, she was willing to sacrifice everything she possessed to see the leader return who saw value in her.

That moment in the cafe with Atsushi, Kyouka and Lucy was very funny, Lucy and Kyouka still seem to have some rivalry and the hard words keep coming from Kyouka.
But that moment when Atsushi smiles at Lucy and she is delighted to see that was the best.
I loved how Fitzgerald saves Louisa from that group of losers, he recovered from his defeat thanks to Louisa's words.
I laughed a lot about how Fitzgerald enters the room of Louisa's neighbor as if nothing and sits down to wait for her to finish working on a new strategy.

What a way to laugh seeing how Fitzgerald learns about the offers of the stores, the "take two and pay one" were a temptation for someone who still does not know the true value of money, poor Louisa will have several problems to control the finances of the Leader.
Fitzgerald really knew how to play his cards, he killed two birds with one shot, first he proved the innocence of Eckelburg and thus managed to win an ally.
Second, after discovering the culprit, he not only exposed him as the real murderer, but also ended up owning the company of the real culprit, an epic move that ended up putting Fitzgerald on top and also now he owns the "Eye of God", which I'm sure it will end up being relevant in the following episodes and maybe it has to do with the movements that Fyodor plans (one never knows, Fitzgerald may find out that Fyodor was the one who sabotaged and caused the downfall of The Guild)

That part where Fyodor appears felt like the preamble for more violent events, one can never know what to expect from someone with the look as terrifying as Fyodor had.
May 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Aug 2012
It was more amusing than I expected. Fitzgerald acting like a housewife buying cheap sets of pots is just priceless (No pun intended)

Lucy being tsundere again, Kyouka becoming salty with her and Atsushi all happy. Things look so nice like this... And then Poe drops by again to show the case and to see his beloved rival :v

A very nice episode, indeed.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
May 24, 2019 8:14 PM
Mar 2015
The Guild is back. The pots are not safe
May 24, 2019 8:54 PM
Dec 2017
Tbh this episode was probably the best of the season. The Guild is probably the most of the charm from the previous season, and getting to see more of Francis and Louisa was fantastic from start to finish. I admire season 2 for having a more serious tone (and more control over the overall atmosphere), but seeing Francis in a comedic setting is pure gold. Watching his obsession with shopping discounts unfold was perfect, and I legit snorted out loud when he walked into his neighbor's apartment.
There's the show I know and love.
May 24, 2019 11:01 PM

Oct 2018
A new anti-hero Joins the battle!

May 25, 2019 12:36 AM
May 2019
FuMomo-kun said:

Thats intended, edogawa ranpo based his work in edgar allan poe's work, and his pen name its the japanese way of pronouncing edgar allan poe.
May 25, 2019 12:37 AM
May 2019
I loved that ace attorney reference (i know that igi ari its just objection, and its everywhere, but the way he used his hands, with those gestures, its definitely a reference)
May 25, 2019 1:00 AM

Jun 2015
i had a feeling fitzgerald wasn't dead in the first place, glad to see him back. i like watching him and his strategies, and i'm actually glad they didn't just completely write him in and dispose him like he was nothing.
May 25, 2019 3:03 AM
Funny Lesbian

Sep 2018

I am sorry.
I just had to.
you got the whole squad laughing

[/URL]
May 25, 2019 5:03 AM
Mar 2019
Season 2 : I don't like this guy.

Season 3 : I like this guy.

Francis.
May 25, 2019 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
Not a bad episode by any means, but it's just a shame that the show has completely killed off the narrative momentum it was beginning to build with Dostoyevsky. Still, credit where credit's due for making an unlikeable villain from last season pretty damn likeable.
May 25, 2019 6:19 AM

Feb 2014
Fitzgerald rising!! Glad to see him back and turned over a new leaf. I really have a thing for people who change on their second chance at life. And Sakurai Takahiro as his VA makes it even worth it. A worthy adversary is back on the board.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 25, 2019 7:06 AM

Oct 2017
awesome fitzgerald is back and the birth of a new guild.
May 25, 2019 9:46 AM
Apr 2019
wank said:
i'm confused weren't they supposed to adapt chapter 40 which focuses on kunikida? last week was ch39

what chapter was this episode?

Chap. 42 ; you can find the one that focuses on kunikida as an OVA
May 25, 2019 12:12 PM
Mar 2016
this episode is so good, it make me smile haha
May 25, 2019 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
This was an improvement over the previous two episodes but I'm damn nervous about trying to fit the rest of this arc into only five episodes :/ The overall pacing of this season is really off. I'd probably have dropped this anime if I didn't read the manga first and know what happens next. For manga, the pacing works, but for a single season, twelve episode anime the story progression isn't going so well.

wank said:
i'm confused weren't they supposed to adapt chapter 40 which focuses on kunikida? last week was ch39

what chapter was this episode?

Chapter 40 has been adapted as an OVA https://myanimelist.net/anime/33071/Bungou_Stray_Dogs__Hitori_Ayumu
May 25, 2019 6:58 PM

Jul 2015
Yumiiiii said:

I am sorry.
I just had to.

I would love him like he loves pots that are on sale.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 26, 2019 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
nice episode...wow he really changed...I think the guild is somewhat better now
May 26, 2019 4:45 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, Francis has changed so much and honestly, I feel so sorry for him. He lost his daughter and is apart from his wife. However, he is smart and business savvy, he knows how to make money. He was literally homeless and asking for 50 cents in the slums in the beginning and the episode ended with him taking over as the new president/CEO of a security firm. He is one of my favorite characters now.

He's into sales and bargains now. Sorta reminds me of Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club and how he's fascinated with the poor or commoners despite being extremely wealthy.

One of my favorite episodes in the series so far after that episode with Fyodor.
臭い-
May 26, 2019 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
For those that don't understand exactly how Francis just made $400M -- He said he "short sold" the security companies stock. When you buy stock, you normally want the price to go up so you can later sell it for a profit. However, "shorting" stock means you sold stock that you don't own (borrowed) at the current price; and then a fixed number of days later, you're required to buy the same stock to replace the borrowed stock that you short sold. It's kinda like a loan- you get the money up front, and then have to pay it back. Except, in this case, you want the stock value to go DOWN to make a profit. If you short sell a stock at the current price of $10, and then repay the stock ninety days later when the price went down to $4, you profited $6. But if the stock price goes up, you will lose money by short selling; so you only want to short sell if you have reason to believe that company's stock is going down. And well, Francis had dirt on this security company, so he short sold a bunch of their stock, then caused a media uproar about the CEO being the murderer; and yeah, that caused the stock price to plummet, and Francis profits. Then Francis said he used that $400M to purchase the company's stock (it was cheap of course because he just ruined their stock), and now pretty much owns that company.
May 26, 2019 3:31 PM

Sep 2017
I don't remember Fitzgerald being this interesting of a character... It was admittedly pretty humorous seeing someone formerly worth billions attempt to go shopping like someone living paycheck to paycheck. His shopping skills really are abysmal. I liked seeing Louisa too. She has an interesting dynamic with Fitzgerald. I wonder what Fyodor is up to, though. We haven't seen him do anything with that super valuable information he obtained a few episodes ago.
May 26, 2019 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
Francis is such a cunning manipulative character, a true villain. I am really glad he's back as the guild's boss again, I'm hoping he Will give the agency another challenge.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 26, 2019 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
Oh My God!
This might be the best episode as of yet for me!
This episode should be titled as: Fitzgerald Uprising or The Rise of Fitzgerald!
5/5!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2019

149 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

98 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2019

72 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2019

84 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

106 by Virtecek »»
Apr 5, 5:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.