Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 29, 2019 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The tournament begins and everyone tries to bring out their best game. Nice. Competition looks tough at this stage and I'm not surprised that Carole and Tuesday feels the pressure.

Some of the singers/dancers made a decent impression while others I'm not too sure. EIther way, it's a tough world to compete in. Personally, I like Carole and Tuesday's performance.
May 29, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
Ex-child actress got a new manager.

The two are among the others (the other qualified are so ... unique), and Tuesday's fan... sounds rude, though.

lol @ one of the judges... robot dog talking instead of the old guy.

Old twins singing rock?! And that SNS star also qualified. His song is ... topic is like the song for Eurovision 2019 Switzerland, one of the least favorite songs. He won against the old twins.

The main two's competitor is ex-gambler (and more). Wow, opera in rap style?!

They showed the previous fes performance... oh it was also popular online like their first song. Like the lady judge said, they are plain.

lol @ their competitor got grandmother revealing he lied about ex-gambler, and he is actually a kind, simple guy. They got qualified.

Ex-child actress, saw their performance, said she hate them.

25:25 next.

Edit: Just saw that the AI dog is voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino
https://twitter.com/carole_tuesday/status/1133771776666718209
tsubasaloverMay 29, 2019 9:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 29, 2019 3:27 PM
Nov 2018
Bulldog needs to win this, i mean he has to win this he has to win the tournament as he's the GOAT, he's just too good to be true and he will forever be the greatest artist to ever live.
May 29, 2019 9:15 PM

Mar 2014
as the commentator said carole and tuesday's performance is rather being ordinary than being stunning. the song feels like 70s melody. Looking for more songs from them.
May 30, 2019 3:38 AM
May 2019
Where are you guys watching the episode? I can't find it anywhere.
May 30, 2019 9:16 AM

May 2015
I understand that all the character's songs are sung by people who are NOT their main voice actors, but you're telling me they have Aoi Shouta voicing a character and didn't let him sing his own character's song? That's a crime.

♡ artist
サコ
May 30, 2019 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
new song is so beautiful, i love this show so muchh
May 30, 2019 9:55 AM
Sep 2016
This series only has good songs in it i hope the rest of them are even better !!
May 30, 2019 9:59 AM

Feb 2018
That was a great episode, the performances were lit. Pyotr's performance was super good that dance animation tho and lmao OG Bulldog's opera rap was extra lit. 

Carole and Tuesday came out with new song it was good but not good enough gotta agree with the judge it was indeed plain. og should have won poor him, anyways can't wait for others performances.

And Angela can fuck off with that attitude seriously
May 30, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
A drug dealer? Never, he just worked at a drugstore. Savage grandma hahahaha. OG Bulldog's facial expression was hilarious btw. Really reminded me of One Piece 😂👍🏻

And wow, Pyotr has the skills to pay the bills, his performance was nice, especially the animation was really good. The other performances were also entertaining. So yeah, the episode definitely delivered.

Also nice that Angela has Carole and Tuesday on her radar now. I'm just afraid that she might wouldn't hesitate from resorting to cheap tricks to harm these two.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2019 10:27 AM

May 2018
In my opinion This is the best episode I've seen of carole and tuesday. But I'm really confused on the new short black haired character gender(the one that is crazy about tuesday). Can't tell if it's a flat tomboyish female or a feminine guy?
May 30, 2019 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
"drug dealer? He worked at a drugstore." Oh my god that was hilarious. Good episode today. Loved Carole and Tuesday's song as well. The difference in Pyotr's voice sort of threw me off though, it was completely different from his usual voice and temperament.
May 30, 2019 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
Rock on Fire Brothers! 🤘🏻
Good episode, Carole & Tuesday’s music is really good and genuine. ❤️
May 30, 2019 11:08 AM
Aug 2015
I can't tell if that Cybelle (the stalker person) is a tomboyish girl or a feminine boy
May 30, 2019 11:46 AM

Sep 2011
pretty fun episode, had a decent amount of moderate laughs, but I think it was unintentionally hilarious that the judge kind of ended up hitting the nail on the head with this show's biggest problem, carole and tuesday's performance and overall song catalog is bland. The melody was ok this time at least but jesus christ the lyrics are so bad especially since they are now relying on the lazy addition of just humming nonense like ba ba ba ba instead of writing actual lyrics

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 30, 2019 12:08 PM
Jan 2012
epicyarnboy said:
I can't tell if that Cybelle (the stalker person) is a tomboyish girl or a feminine boy

Maybe Cybelle is one of the people with "Martian Androgyny" which I can't tell yet if that's just a style choice that is popular on Mars or if it's an actual birth condition caused by the Martian environment that causes people to be intersex or something like that. Looking forward to a further explanation of what that all means and why it seemed like such a shocker for Angela's mama to be called out that way by Tao.

I agree with the above statements that their song was pretty bland. I didn't feel the emotion and joy in this one as much as others. The ending of the song was nice, but up to that point it was a little average. My favorite song of theirs so far is "Someday I'll Find My Way". That song was GORGEOUS. Hold Me Now is also pretty great in terms of what songs they've already written and sang in the show. I'm curious what is going to prompt them to write "Kiss Me".
May 30, 2019 12:20 PM
Sep 2016
Gotta say, I’ll be disappointed if C and T don’t end up together. I hope they write Kiss Me abt each other, or something like that. The art tho is seriously amazing!
May 30, 2019 12:36 PM
Mar 2015
In your face Angela. The Fire Brothers almost died on stage. Pytor is slick. Bulldog might have won if he dressed like Pavorotti The girls sound too soft
May 30, 2019 12:36 PM

Apr 2015
Carole and tuesday is one of the finest, most beautiful anime this season, but please someone ask them to tone down the comedia.. its just that… its not their area… and it literally lowers the quality of the show as whole..

May 30, 2019 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
sarahak said:
Carole and tuesday is one of the finest, most beautiful anime this season, but please someone ask them to tone down the comedia.. its just that… its not their area… and it literally lowers the quality of the show as whole..

Im on the opposite camp honestly, the comedy has been on point but almost every attempt at drama has kind of flopped save for the scene with angela's domestic abuse.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 30, 2019 1:35 PM

Nov 2013
Carole and Tuesday's new song was not as impressive as their recent ones, also not liking the music from the other contestants shown so far. I'm guessing this song was weaker on purpose so the girls show that they have a lot of room to grow, but we'll see what happens. I would like to hope there's much better songs coming later on, but my favorite so far is "Unbreakable" from episode 6.
May 30, 2019 1:43 PM
Aug 2015
Next episode:

Carole & Tuesday have made it into the semifinals. The following week, the third and fourth rounds of Mars’ Brightest take place. Awaiting her turn, Cybelle pesters Tuesday with questions about her hairstyle and suggests that they team up. Carole is irritated that Tuesday can’t get rid of her. Cybelle’s opponent in the fourth round is Angela.

so the stalker is a girl
May 30, 2019 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
Pyotr's performance caught me by surprise - the guy can actually sing...now if he'd talk in a less annoying way that'd be great, but guess it's part of his character

and is Cybelle a girl or a dude?
May 30, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2018
epicyarnboy said:

Someone told me it's a girl
And that it tells you on the official site for carole and tuesday
May 30, 2019 2:17 PM

Feb 2019
My biggest worry with this anime is that the songs will drop in quality overtime for the characters that matter. This has yet to happen.

Fantastic episode as usual. This is a contender for anime of the year at this point.

It's a really nice change of pace to get a story as lighthearted as this. I'm almost always watching the opposite.
TheCommonerMay 30, 2019 2:20 PM
May 30, 2019 2:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Watanabe's shows always have the most eclectic music of any anime. I need Bulldog's song to be on the OST's,. That was hilarious stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 30, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2011
that OG Bulldog caught me off guard with his voice, i thought he gonna RAP or screaming death metal, and also i agree with the judge our girls song today is kinda plain like nothing special.(but still good above average thou)

Probably you guys know already but here's
Carole singer Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgzeZBN3EDta5Sk9iRBuF0Q
and
Tuesday singer channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChGHCEmDXeowLbC_0s0PVZg

support them if you like their voice :P
May 30, 2019 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
sarnlack said:
that OG Bulldog caught me off guard with his voice, i thought he gonna RAP or screaming death metal, and also i agree with the judge our girls song today is kinda plain like nothing special.(but still good above average thou)

Probably you guys know already but here's
Carole singer Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgzeZBN3EDta5Sk9iRBuF0Q
and
Tuesday singer channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChGHCEmDXeowLbC_0s0PVZg

support them if you like their voice :P

Yooo so they are actual artists with material out? Way to go on the link sharing mate.
Don't believe the hype.
May 30, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
So Angela acknowledges our main heroines by being a total bitch to them? Seems like someone is threatened right now. OG Bulldog's performance was legit and the Fire Brothers (aka the ZZ Top reference of the show) was too funny as well. Gotta say, this show never manages to disappoint me.
Don't believe the hype.
May 30, 2019 2:39 PM

Nov 2013
did you notice, there are pretty significant amount of gay people in this anime lol. (by anime standards lol)

P.S loved new song.

P.S.S Disappointed that Martian dude didn't make it in top -_-
Sigmar-UnberogenMay 30, 2019 2:45 PM
May 30, 2019 2:46 PM
Jan 2012
Based on voice and name, and appearance, I'm pretty sure Cybelle is female.

I hope with everything in me that in the English dub of this anime they find voice actors whose voices match the singers closely enough that it isn't awkward. Pyotr's singing voice sounds like the lead guy of Bastille. It is SO far off from the voice actor voice that it's not actually believable. Same thing happened with Skip a couple episodes ago.

I have to say I feel a bit frustrated that the anime seems fairly directionless at this point. I get that the overall plot is that they want to become famous singer-songwriters, but it feels like they are really neglecting character development at this point. We're almost 1/3 of the way through the show and barely know anything about anyone. Maybe it's because it's Watanabe that I'm expecting so much more. I've been seeing lots of subtext and subtle hints at what directions the show might go, but so far it hasn't gone there. Waiting for things to heat up a bit.

The comedy is great at times, but sometimes it's more miss than hit for me. The comedy involved in the "weirder" acts on Mars Brightest is not really a stretch from what those kinds of shows are actually like. As a parody it worked great (auditions scene last episode). As pure comedy during the show itself, I'm not really feeling it. At first it felt like they were being somewhat incisive about the artificiality and ridiculousness of these kinds of shows but now I can't tell if they're parodying or just parroting.
LucentRiversMay 30, 2019 2:51 PM
May 30, 2019 2:47 PM

Jan 2019
These 20 minutes have been very short, carole and Tuesday is an anime very easy to see
May 30, 2019 3:26 PM

Sep 2012
LMAO, that judge totally nailed it about Carole and Tuesday's song.To be fair though, that was their worst song to date. Their next match will be against Pyotr so they will have to step up their game if they want to pass the next round.
The match between Cybelle and Angela should also be quite interesting.

This anime isn't really great but I still have a lot of fun watching it.
May 30, 2019 3:41 PM

Jan 2018
AzorAhai said:
did you notice, there are pretty significant amount of gay people in this anime lol. (by anime standards lol)

P.S loved new song.

Its like they try so hard to apeal to the western audience and thinking "hmm, what do western people like now day? ouh yeah GAY!!" LMAO.
May 30, 2019 4:12 PM

Nov 2013
Naabii- said:
AzorAhai said:

P.S loved new song.

Its like they try so hard to apeal to the western audience and thinking "hmm, what do western people like now day? ouh yeah GAY!!" LMAO.
and Angela's mom's a trans too. sad world we live in...
May 30, 2019 4:18 PM
Dec 2014
Loved this show, now it turned to "like".

Really don't like these type of unoriginal arc's and was hoping this show wouldn't go this route. Tournament arc's was a cop-out... We're just watching filler until the finale and it's wasted screen time.

Wasn't that big of a fan of Carole & Tuesday's song either. I'd say it was the worst of the show so far.

Hope this arc is over in the following 2 episodes. 3/5
BlindSniperMay 30, 2019 4:22 PM
May 30, 2019 4:51 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Not looking forward to this Cybelle pestering Tuesday constantly.
May 30, 2019 4:54 PM

Dec 2015
Pyotr's vaugely London accent reminded me of Bastille
Also rap and opera was interesting. It should be called "Hip Hopera"
May 30, 2019 5:01 PM

Apr 2014
Opera and rap... interesting combo but...eh?

Carole & Tuesday's song was bland?!! Damn ya'll killing with this shit. I guess I don't know music then because I thought that was a great performance. I was steadily bobbing my head throughout that whole song.
Pyotr's performance was great too. Not only the singing but the dancing too. I need to find the animator who did the dancing sequence that was perfect.
May 30, 2019 5:02 PM

Nov 2010
Am I the only one that thinks that the show is kind of underwhelming?
Don't get me wrong, the quality of the animation and music is very high, but the writing is average at best. It doesn't make the anime bad per say, but it feels a bit dragged down, especially with the rest of the show getting the shiny treatment.
The different styles of the contestants was interesting and captures the spirit of such a talent show pretty well.
May 30, 2019 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
That Tuesday's fan, Cybelle, was really intrusive, someone who didn't seem to care about consent or personal space, and who is clearly obsessed going by all of those texts. But well, the talent show itself started well. If everything goes as expected Carole and Tuesday will be facing Angela in the big final. Pyotr surprised me too, I'm annoyed by his "social media star" persona just like the judge Catherine, but his song and dance were pretty cool, his singing voice was way better than expected too. lol And now he is the next one Carole and Tuesday must defeat to proceed for the final.

I also liked how the AI judge mentioned their soul, and how Catherine said that being "plain" compared to the others, and competing "only" with their music became their strength. But I don't like the way Angela talked to them. But like Gus said, it only means she acknowledges them as rivals since she wasted her time going there to call them 'nobodies'. Can't wait for the next few rounds.
May 30, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
Truth to be told their song was pretty shit and average this time, they only won by default because their competition was utterly hopeless on purpose (and in the first round too, however great Pyotr was). Finalists certainly shouldn't be like this (Fire brothers or Bulldog, both were just caricatures), one would expect that when choosing final eight everyone would be great, while in the reality those two were more fit for laughable picks before.

Also, I'm not really fan on how they try so hard to mimic nowaday's talent shows, even moreso with boring commentaries of judges, that was borderline cringe, really. It's breaking the 4th wall everytime they do such references and it undermines the show as a whole.

The episode wasn't exactly bad but nothing really happened thanks to the fact that they basically copied the tempo of such competition. I just hope we wouldn't have to see the rest of the eight. And seeing Angela denouncing them was really needless, it's just another cheap shortcut enforcing the viewers' want to see her defeated.

But it's obvious that at this point they would go against Pyotr and then Angela wins her musical battle against them to give them final boss in the end. Zero to hero wouldn't work otherwise if they won without much experience and effort at half-point, they need to feel the defeat first to be able to rise up, coming out stronger. And it would be even unreal, they can't certainly top the votes Pyotr or Angela gets due to their fans (unless they do something ridiculous to alienate them).
May 30, 2019 5:33 PM

Aug 2018
Really good episode ! After the previous one with horrible songs (more like noises for some participants), we can now have some very surprising & decent songs.

Fire Brothers were... special, yeah that's the word. Pyotr's song was basic & repetitive but also surprising considering his voice & way of talking. He deserved his place in semi-finals.

OG Bulldog was hilarious, I guess everyone expected a hardcore rap song but... nope, an opera mixing modern instrumental : very surprising but funny to listen to.
Finally, about Carole & Tuesday, their song actually fitted nicely after OG Bulldog's one (genre were closer I think). Quite peaceful & appreciable, as they usually do. I laughed when Bulldog's grandma showed up and restored the truth about her grandson's past.

Also about the judges, they make an interesting trio : the man seems to appreciate everything he listened to, finding good points for everyone. On the opposite, there is Catherine who stars by "destroying" you then she gets back to a normal statement. The AI being the discreet judge but... just the fact this is a robot makes it funny.
May 30, 2019 5:36 PM

Oct 2017
KuroYume-96 said:
Pyotr's performance caught me by surprise - the guy can actually sing...now if he'd talk in a less annoying way that'd be great, but guess it's part of his character

and is Cybelle a girl or a dude?

Pyotr's performance was very good, I think it was the best out of everyones so far.
May 30, 2019 6:31 PM
Oct 2015
I love when the writer/director/anime in general has a general feel for how their audience would respond/feel about particular events. I say this because I agree with Catherine, I did not like Carole & Tuesday's performance. I preferred it over OG Bulldog's (since I couldn't understand a word he said), but it WAS bland. A very tired, ever generic love song. One that says nothing about them, and doesn't compel any emotion because the singers themselves aren't attached to it. At least there was a lot of energy; it is obvious they were enjoying putting on a show.

They were simply lucky that they weren't up against Pyotr. Despite how I loathe his personality (and looks, honestly), he was a good singer and decent dancer, and the performance just screamed "I want your attention". C&T's poor choice-of-song would have doomed them if I had been the judge, and I feel Catherine would have determined her vote the same way.

Looking forward to the conclusion of the talent show, definitely. This episode was easily one of the weakest, with a promise to have at least next episode, and maybe even the episode after that, held prisoner to this farce of a tournament-arc. Hopefully Cybelle gets taken care of before Tuesday is permanently scarred by whatever that stalker decides to pull.
AndrewappsMay 30, 2019 6:37 PM
May 30, 2019 6:47 PM

Oct 2015
Those contestants were really surprising, the fire brothers were my favorite, they would've gotten my vote if it was real. Although Carole and Tuesday sang gracefully, I pick Bulldog over them even if he lied about his background, he was unique and brought freshness.

That Tuesday stalker though!!:O
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 30, 2019 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
I definitely prefer C&T's other songs more. Hopefully they get better as they go through the contest.

Also Pyotr's song was catchy as heck, damn.
May 30, 2019 7:57 PM

May 2016
The "competition" looks to be rigged to let Angela win. Lotta money involved for her to succeed, so C&T is an unexpected threat to her success.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 30, 2019 8:27 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode and also pretty funny too.

I wasn't expecting the AI dog to be the actual judge. xD

Fire Brothers were pretty cool. seems like Pyotr isn't half bad himself though I don't really like him all that much.

OG Bulldog really is OG. XD

Carole and Tuesday's performance was great, always nice to hear them perform. Happy that they advanced to the next round. :)
Looking forward to next week.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 25, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

134 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 21, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.