Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sayaka sure is eager to prove themself to Yumeko.

We're finally progressing more into this Tower of Doors arc. This pits Yumeko into games with high stakes considering the challenge. About time. I guess the remaining episodes will cover the rest of the arc, maybe.
Mar 6, 2019 10:41 AM
Feb 2019
Damn, that Yumeko and Kirari are the devil, both of them but that's what make this anime great. I really enjoy everytime Yumeko losses herself in the game xD

" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 6, 2019 8:26 PM

Jul 2016
Sayaka is so hopeless, Kirari sure was enjoying every second of her inner dispair.

It was a very entertaining episode. The new gamble seems pretty interesting although a part of me thinks it's unnecessarily elaborate. Anyways, it also seems that in the next ep., we will receive a bit more of background information about Sayaka, which would be nice since I want to know about how she, being the smart girl Midari referred to, turned into the president's "pet".

And on a side note, Suzui in the Top 10? who would have thought? xD
SouthRzVaMar 6, 2019 8:30 PM
Mar 6, 2019 8:52 PM

Feb 2017
Finally the tower !
I've been waiting
Mar 7, 2019 12:00 AM

May 2015
Well that's two episodes in a row now...

MATH! HEXADECIMALS! COMPLETELY OVER MY HEAD!

So with the way the episode ended, what happens to Yumeko? She just jumps all the way to the first floor? Lol...

Also, sorry Sayaka, but logic doesn't work in gambling. That's why it's called gambling...
Mar 7, 2019 1:27 AM

Jul 2017
The Tower of Doors arc, FINALLY!

A battle of wits, not logic, between Yumeko vs. Sayaka.

And the problem? Hexadecimals! It's not as easy as we all think.

Yumeko succeeded and took the outside door, presumptions to come! What a hell of a cliffhanger!
Mar 7, 2019 3:48 AM

Aug 2013
The arc that should have been first this season instead of the Election Arc...about time it starts.

UPDATE: Forgot how lewd Jabami's dialogue can be. She's an oral queen I bet.
DedPandaMar 7, 2019 6:15 AM
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 7, 2019 5:23 AM
Jan 2019
Now You See Me 3.
"If it's a question of surviving without knowing anything ... Would not it be better to die after knowing everything?"
Mar 7, 2019 6:31 AM
Mar 2017
Why the flat chest girls grab the perfect and huge breasts of their enemies? Last week Sumeragi grabbed the breast of the spectacular Miroslava and in this episode Sayaka grabs the breast of the goddess Yumeko.
Rei has most of the girls in the academy totally in love with him, I smell that Rin will manage to enter the elections if he continues to accumulate "fans" in that way.
Again we have Runa introducing us to the top 10 of the elections and things get interesting when it's Yumeko's turn to speak, she makes it clear that she wants to have fun and gamble in more fun and challenging ways and she extends the invitation to Kirari for a gamble, but Sayaka explodes in anger and stops Yumeko, also emphasizes that her presence only destroyed the academy that she and her beloved Kirari have built and wants Yumeko to be expelled from the academy, but Kirari again refuses.
Sayaka challenges Yumeko to a gamble where they bet their lives, gives me envy as Sayaka arrives and grabs Yumeko from her perfect and well-proportioned breast. Yumeko rejects the challenge, but in the end she accepts in exchange that Sayaka bet her ties and relationship with Kirari and Kirari herself offers herself as the dealer of this interesting gamble, as for Yumeko, if she loses she will have to say goodbye to her beloved gambles .
I've been waiting a long time for Mappa to adapt the gamble in the "Tower of the Gates", I remember reading the manga chapters two years ago, ufff ... things will get interesting.
The tower looks great, and the sequence in which the girls climb the stairs, Kirari and Yumeko were divine, look at that sexy legs climbing, it was hypnotizing the movement of those legs wrapped in those black pantyhose.
The rules of this gambles are somewhat repetitive, but it will be exciting to see how Yumeko and Sayaka advance.
Sayaka is afraid of losing her place next to Kirari, but Kirari worsens the situation of Sayaka and Yumeko, the one who loses will have to jump from the fifth floor to a definitive death, but Sayaka takes it as something in her favor if she arrives to win.
The challenge begins and Sayaka is already thinking what is behind this challenge, the interesting thing is that the problems in the doors change every 5 minutes, so the challenge and the pressure increase.
It's Yumeko's first turn and she made me laugh a lot, first she chooses the most obvious door to start and then she distracts Sayaka so that she enters her answer at the door, the angry face of Sayaka made me laugh a good time, but when the door open they come across to a concrete wall.
Sayaka already has an idea of ​​how to solve the tower, it gave me a headache to see so much math and numbers, Sayaka feels pressured by the penetrating gaze of Yumeko and the risk that is at stake, but in the end her answer is correct and the door gives step to a ladder, but already on the fourth floor Sayaka realizes that the other door that went down, connected with one more floor and begins to give in to the pressure again, but again she remembers what is at stake and she calms. For her part, Yumeko also deduced the same as Sayaka, but she chooses a door that faces outside and I see how Yumeko's excitement over this challenge gives her enormous pleasure that she wants to continue exploring it until she wins.
That damn cliffhanger of the end, what will be behind the door that Yumeko chose?
The next episode will be exciting, we will see flashbacks of Sayaka and Kirari and we will see how the insane Yumeko manages to advance in this tower of death.
salbery755Mar 7, 2019 6:35 AM
Mar 7, 2019 6:38 AM
Aug 2013
Woah, Sayaka vs Yumeko, nice one...
But I think, Yumeko will win this game...
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Mar 7, 2019 10:08 AM
Jan 2016
Tower of Doors looked a really awesome game!

I wonder how Yumeko will lead with that outside door!
Mar 7, 2019 11:33 AM
Oct 2013
Welp. Time to learn new math topic.
Mar 7, 2019 1:34 PM

Jan 2019
Am i the only one suprised to seeing Suzui in the top ten?
Mar 7, 2019 2:18 PM

Mar 2017
Yumeko X Kirari- best ship
Mar 7, 2019 4:21 PM
Jun 2017
I LOVE THIS TOWER OF DOOR GAMBLE!!! LIFE IS AT STAKE!!! YEAH!!!
Mar 7, 2019 4:22 PM
Jan 2018
I was trying so hard to figure the Tower trick until they started showing math and all lmaoo. I’d be choosing only floor doors nonestop haha
Mar 7, 2019 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
OMG I love this anime! Holy s**! What a crazy episode!
Yumeko gotta know something! Can't wait for the next one.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 7, 2019 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
1/5, not enough thrill here. The show already making look like Sayaka will lose the match by rehashing same method which the show exactly did with prev opponents so I am not getting excitement here. Whatever, very little thing happen on this episode and rest 80% was monologues with still-shots.
Mar 8, 2019 2:31 AM

Jul 2017
TensaZangetsu__ said:
Am i the only one suprised to seeing Suzui in the top ten?

The real underdog
Mar 8, 2019 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Yumeko is freaking crazy and I love her. The animation in this episode was amazing. (Not saying it usually isnt) When Yumeko opened the door at the end, idk I felt like that gust of wind made her look so much cooler then she is.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 8, 2019 10:04 AM

May 2018
OH WTF A CLIFFHANGER I WANNA SEE SAYAKA GET OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 8, 2019 12:50 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Rei's good deeds sure have enabled him to get quite the few fans. Even though its only 13 votes its impressive that Suzuki managed to get into the top ten at all. Sayaka's act of storming the interview sure was unexpected. Her dedication to the president truly is impressive. Hmm a high stakes game indeed and in a tower of challenge as well. Seems that the tower challenge also has its unique quirks as well. Its nice that we get to see some expansion into Sayaka's character. Curious to see where this high stakes game would go though as Sayaka's determination is equal to Yumeko's desire to enjoy the challenge to its utmost.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 3:32 PM

Feb 2018
Yumeko you don't use that method right? go straight from the 5th floor to win the game.
Mar 8, 2019 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
i can't even math so this like endgame tower of puzzles lost me

i just wanna see Yumeko win by just straight up jumping to the first floor
Mar 9, 2019 12:10 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was a pretty great episode.

Besides some of the anime original content early on that kind of irked me, the rest was just entertaining to watch. I consider this game to be where the manga peaked for now honestly and im glad we're finally getting it.

im very excited for the next episode.
Mar 9, 2019 8:00 AM

Dec 2014
Oh wow, this seems like the most interesting game till date in this show. I'm really looking forward to this. xD
Also, Hexadecimal is awesome. Just putting it out there. XD

I wonder if Yumeko plans to jump straight down to the first floor, there's gotta be a loop hole in the design we're not seeing somewhere.
Mar 9, 2019 8:02 AM

Jan 2015
This episode felt like a movie
Honestly this season is much better than the previous one
Mar 9, 2019 9:54 AM
Feb 2019
Lelouch0202 said:
Oh wow, this seems like the most interesting game till date in this show. I'm really looking forward to this. xD
Also, Hexadecimal is awesome. Just putting it out there. XD

I wonder if Yumeko plans to jump straight down to the first floor, there's gotta be a loop hole in the design we're not seeing somewhere.

I think that too, maybe after sometime, the wall blocking the center stairs will be gone and will allow Yumeko go straight to the bottom of the tower.

Damnnnn i just love Yumeko expressions everytime she plays like the one she made when the door opened at the end xD
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 9, 2019 11:54 PM

Jul 2009
Finally the Towers Arc begin!! I'm kinda glad they didn't rush it in the 1st season. Since the outcome was soo fucking good!!

Can't wait for the next one!
Mar 10, 2019 1:20 AM

Dec 2014
I am so glad they adapted this...... a little late but surely they did
Mar 10, 2019 3:07 AM

Jun 2016
the second best cliffhanger !!!

i can't wait !!! the fEALING IS sO gOoD !!!
Mar 11, 2019 3:30 AM

Sep 2017
Learned hexadecimal and binary after watching this episode and was able to understand the decimals while rewatching it lol.
Mar 14, 2019 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
You can only feel sorry for Sayaka. Well, I was definitely able to feel the despair.

This gamble and the Hexadecimal system gave me a flashback of my computer science lessons, which I hated xD

But great episode, seems like the most promising gamble so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2019 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
Sayaka is having a hard time
Mar 24, 2019 12:52 PM

Dec 2016
Like I understand everybody is insane in this world, but who tf would build a fucking math death tower for shits and giggles lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 26, 2019 3:47 AM

Aug 2017
Yes, more screentime for Sayaka.

The whole stuff with hexadecimals made me lose.
NurguburuMar 26, 2019 3:52 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 6, 2019 8:58 AM
Apr 2016
Oh hell, what are these stakes...someone is destined to die now, though I don't think that anyone will. Decent episode.
Jun 21, 2019 11:14 PM

Feb 2015
Runa informed the first ten places again, there are involved Yumeko and Kirari, and Sayaka interrupted to challenge Yumeko, betting their lives (Yumeko’s tendency to bet and Sayaka’s devotion for Kirari), Kirari offered herself as the dealer. They three went to a tower with five floors and lot of doors, Kirari guided them to the fifth floor and explained that there are doors with different destinations and puzzles, so they must go to the first floor, take the flower and find their way back to the fifth floor, Kirari added to the gamble that the loser is gonna jump from the tower. The game started, Sayaka went one floor down and Yumeko opened an external door.

The episode got dense, Sayaka is really devoted to Kirari, she kind of loves her and that door’s game is dangerous, is someone really gonna die?
Jul 14, 2019 7:07 PM
Sep 2018
I really just don't get why this arc is so misplaced. Should've been the last arc of season 1, if not the start of season 2.
Nov 14, 2019 1:01 AM

Aug 2018
Good episode......
Jan 4, 2020 7:10 PM

Feb 2019
...The President had a whole building built just for one game???
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 25, 2020 10:21 AM
Feb 2020
Finally some yandere facial expression from sayaka last time was on the taser scene from s1
Jun 17, 2020 3:48 AM
Jun 2020
Was I the only one who thought Sayaka was actually going to die and had a tinge of annoyance when she didn't. Like I know I shouldn't but I thought someone would die lol, although Sayaka is completely hopeless to the President.
Aug 3, 2020 11:59 AM
May 2020
This episode was a bit better than the other ones...finally.
Feb 11, 2021 2:58 PM

Jan 2021
5 out of 5 because of my girl Sayaka. We can finally learn deeper about her personalities. But when I read the manga, I think the manga transition is smoother and more reasonable. Meanwhile, I could see the arc was replaced by tarot card gamble for good reason, as it would be weird to end Season 1 with the Tower of Doors arc.

Btw it seems like everyone knows Sayaka loves Kirari lol, including Midari and Yumeko. I imagine the whole student council cheers for Kirari and Sayaka being intimate.
Feb 18, 2021 9:52 AM

May 2015
That random boob grab was...something.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 2021 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
Obviously no one is gonna die, so either Sayaka loses and she doesn't have to jump after all or it will be a draw. Kinda takes the enjoyment out of these "gambles" if the outcome won't matter anyway. Also the new games are kinda stupid imo.
Oct 20, 2021 5:40 AM

Feb 2020
Sooo am I stupid or did Yumeko refuse to put her life on the line when Sayaka proposed it, only to accept Kirari's conditions which are... Putting your life on the line but worded slightly differently to make it sound cooler ?
(Not to mention that her life was exactly what she risked during her game against Midari.)

Well, other than that it's obvious Yumeko isn't gonna die, and it's almost just as obvious that Sayaka will survive as well... I'm seeing a tie coming. This, or a trap. Or Sayaka giving up. It's a real shame this show constantly erases the risks, so far I don't recall having seen a single game which resulted in something truly dramatic. Oh well, maybe I'll be wrong this time, I'm curious to see that.
FafetteOct 20, 2021 5:43 AM
Feb 5, 2022 1:44 PM

Jul 2019
That's a pretty cool game. Sayaka had enough of Yumeko's bs so much she said f it and go all out. For a moment I thought she would fall into gambling too because of the stakes, seems she didn't :(

Ayo that ending tho. I am guessing that some bs plot armour is gonna save Yumeko.
Jul 16, 2022 9:51 AM

Jun 2019
Sayaka is doubting herself too much. She needs to do something about it. Also, they keep grabbing Yumeko's tits. LOL. My hands are itching as well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

147 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

68 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

79 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2019

63 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2019

57 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.