Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 14, 2018 5:02 AM

Jul 2017
Gobta rules.

Otherwise, didn't really care for this episode.
Dec 16, 2018 4:29 AM

Sep 2014
geekboiowo said:
LITTLE-ONE said:

He was talking about our lord, tsundere dragon.

He's still chillin w/ Ifrit; he'll be back. We need more tsundere dragon.

Comander-07 said:
I could not care less about a character like Gobta. Shizu was good enough for an actually good anime, not just seasonal isekai stuff like slime.

LOL "actually good anime" oh god don't be like that I was just messing around. "They killed my waifu this anime is shit!!" She literally just existed to power up the MC and give him an androgynous body sorry 'bout it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Latently powerful girl with a tragic backstory has been done already. Gobta's unique and getting better every time he gets screen time. But to each their own I guess.
doesnt change that her backstory, motivation and character are much better than the entire rest of the cast combined
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 16, 2018 4:43 AM

Sep 2018
Not even Gabil is immune to the "explosive power" of Shion, eheheh! Really funny storytelling, Gobta comes out with his head up for once, I did not want to believe it when he laid Gabil on the ground in a really cool way.
Dec 16, 2018 9:17 AM

May 2015
That "Wow..." was 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 17, 2018 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
Loved this episode as well ^_^ . I had a lot of fun with the Gobtas screen time hahahaha . Epic animation as always . Waiting for the next one ^_^

Dec 17, 2018 7:59 PM

Nov 2017
- to hear Gabiru voice scream like stupid... make me feel nostalgic
Now Loading.....
Dec 25, 2018 3:19 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Ah, that was an unusual way to end an episode, not the most exciting cliffhanger and not the bluntest one, I like it.
So much world building in just them having a normal conversation, I feel as they got what made One Piece great and are doing almost the same, and it's paying off.
My man Gobta is rocking it hard, soon he'll lead his race and or I believe. I never took him as the weakling everybody thought he was, he's even got some treats that Rimuru himself doesn't have, how does that taste? Huh? Thought he was doing with that poison, now beat it I'm calling it he's the one who's going to defeat the demon lord. I really expected more from the lizardman, looks like he's all bark and no action.
Dec 26, 2018 10:09 PM
Aug 2017
Haha now imma be expecting Gobta
Jan 6, 2019 6:13 PM

Mar 2009
Episode was hilarious. Gobta is badass.
Jan 9, 2019 1:38 AM
Jun 2017
Gobta the great Hobgoblin surprises Rimuru again.
Jan 9, 2019 1:39 AM
Jun 2017
bondtux said:
- to hear Gabiru voice scream like stupid... make me feel nostalgic

Reminds me of that scene from a Turkish film where the guy took forever to die.
Jan 23, 2019 9:11 PM

Jul 2016
Nice episode full of very funny scenes. It was really entertaining to watch.

Gobta was the MVP of this episode, for sure. And here I was... thinking that he would be mostly a burden and comic relief but he actually is pretty skillful. The moment he became full super saiyan was hilarious xD

Gabiru also received more focus. He's basically an idiot with a huge ego but I have to say that his antics were quite funny to watch.

And a new race, a Dryad appeared at the end of the episode and all I have to say is that I really liked her design. I hope she has more screentime in the next episodes.
SouthRzVaJan 23, 2019 9:18 PM
Feb 20, 2019 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
Gobuta was cool :'D Didn't think I would ever say that. I guess even he has some talent (especially when threatened with having to eat more of that "food").

I'm not surprised Rimuru will have to fight the orc lord, but didn't expect a dryad to appear.
Mar 12, 2019 5:32 AM

Feb 2018
Gabiru: "I'm here to save you weaklings.... Did... did that hobgoblin just go super sayan?"
Mar 20, 2019 3:13 AM

May 2012
Quite a lot of impressive development again especially that ending, some really interesting characters are forming and teaming up!
Mar 31, 2019 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
What the hell? Hahaha Gabiru and his gang of losers are so much fun. I almost lost it when they where chanting his name and this horse/lizard ride was clapping as well lol. And then he got defeated by Gobta hehe.
Apr 8, 2019 6:42 PM

May 2013
I knew Gobta would win too bc let's face the obvious-- Gabiru is ALL talk and so fucking weak xD but I didn't expect Gobta to win LIKE THAT!!!! He must really not want another taste of Shion's cooking HAHAHHAAHH

Lucky ducky Rimuru having 2 cuties fight over him lolol
It was adorable how Shion's face lit up when Benimaru gave Rimuru back to her ^.^ after she accidentally squeezed the life outta him haha

Aye, so there is an Orc Lord, confirmed by Treyni-san ;O
Apr 14, 2019 10:04 AM

Jan 2016
wow, that army of Orcs looks insane. Did not expect Gobuta to be so strong. So an Orc Lord really exists, huh.
Jun 22, 2019 8:32 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao mad respek for Gobta here
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 30, 2019 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
Poor Gobta, but at least this awkward food resulted in obtaining poison resistance skill. I'm glad he survived this.
I didn't expect him to become that strong, by the way. He easily defeated Gabiru in a duel on spears in which it is told that Gabiru is quite great.

About Gabiru, he surely was fabulous. Even their mounts clapped out of admiration for their chieftain. ;D

Casually drawn "antireplica" of Jacques-Louis David's famous painting showing Napoleon crossing the Alps was funny.

That orcish army was marching so menacingly.

The Dryad appeared!
Jul 19, 2019 1:32 PM

Sep 2012
ok new were entering in to harem terretory 😆

ladys already fighting over him 😆

the food part 😂

“It’s all part of your training” 😂

next time ask Benimaru's premission before making food 😂

Sugram22Nov 24, 2019 1:47 AM
Dec 27, 2019 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
This was soo Funny
Jul 5, 2020 9:50 AM

Oct 2015
Wow, Gobta defeated that Lizard so easily. He probably really is a prodigy, he learnt to summon the direwolf, the poison resistance and that shadow ability.

The ogres looked really loyal in this episode, protecting Rimuru when the Druid arrived.
Jul 8, 2020 8:12 PM

Feb 2014
Ogre tiddies15 char
Jul 19, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2019
pretty good episode, good fill of laughs and action. I THOUGHT i recognised Gabiruo's voice. That's fucking Fukushima Jun, the same person that voices the fucking man himself Kazuma lmao. He's got another one of those unforgettable voices, and honestly he's a good pick for a character like Gabiruo, they work very well together.
Gobta fucking kicking ass and taking names here good lord. After all the shit he got, he finally got to be able to show off what he was packing since like episode 3, dude went into the shadow realm and fucking K.Oed lizard man like that. Honestly, i think he would be better suited as a hand-to-hand combat unit that just appears out of other peoples shadows and fucking snaps their neck. Oh, of course his signature line has to be "heh, nothing personal kid".
Shion in a suit working as secretary, what a weird thought, but has somehow flicked an extremely weird switch in me that idk how to feel about. Good choice Rimuru, good choice. Shion has definietly grown on me fast, honestly get you a women who's willing to be your sectary, cook food that could kill a 6 ton mammoth and have the strength to probably huck a fucking mountain at who ever you point at. ALL while being extremely fucking cute on the job. I'd fucking eat Shion's cooking any day of the week if she told me to i swear. Tension between her and princess Shuna over Rimuru is also fucking hilariously dangerous.
wow things got even wilder, Dryad personally giving Rimuru a mission and cut straight to the point.
Aug 7, 2020 6:22 AM

Sep 2019
Kazuma! Kazuma!

Hai kazuma desu!
Aug 15, 2020 10:55 PM
Dec 2015
Wow, you all are really hyping up Gobta so much that you might be disappointed as the story continues. While okay in his own right, he still pales in comparison to the stronger characters such as Rimuru, Shion, Benimaru, Ranga, and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the weakest fighters that they have as the series progresses.

Personally, I only care about seeing Gobta being used as comedian relief rather then a powerful character. No offense to him, but Hobgoblins aren't all that strong of a race. Matter of speaking according to information Hobgoblins are only rank D-A, which means they won't get much stronger than A rank.

Anyway, the episode was interesting enough.
Aug 18, 2020 9:20 PM

Sep 2018
Wow! Their place has improved a lot! Poor Gobta lol I didn't expect he have a hidden skill haha 
Nov 21, 2020 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, I loved all their reactions when Rimuru got insulted. They really are a loyal bunch, didn't expect that I'd like all of the ogres that much. Also damn Gobta was pretty badass in that fight, seems like he's picking up fighting skills faster than you would think.
Dec 6, 2020 2:37 AM

May 2020
Loved the fight between Shinon and Shuna
Jan 12, 2021 7:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, i admit. These episode was hella funny. Never expect Gabil to be such an idiot. But his pride kinda understandable as a named monster from the demon, and his own race as a prince lizardman. However, still, he was foolishly pick a wrong opponent and clearly didn't understand his stand. At the end, these episode was hella funny, despite how dumb Gabil character was.

The little squabbling between Shuna and Shion kinda meh, out of place, unnecessary, and just pointed out the elements of harem which was pretty dissapointed. Glad that Gobta dead scene after eating Shion's handmade lunch, then Beni; sage ogre; and ninja ogre reactions over that food, surprisingly got my mood back. Daikenja (a little changed of the robotic sage name to this, following the name that appeared at mal's data) did a nice advice there, even though sometime the voices kinda irritating Rimuru much. Lol. At the end, Gobta received poison resistance and kicked that dumb lizard head smoothly. Well played!

The orc lord play still out there. Rimuru even had a favor from a beauty Dryad. Still her name, lmao, what a rando name. But, left aside that, and a minor detail left and right, lets see Rimuru decision to fights the orc lord and defeated the orc hordes....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 4, 2021 9:59 AM

Mar 2019
I can't stress enough about how good Benimaru and the others look after Rimuru named them, but I still find it weird how Shion and Shuna fought for Rimuru when before that, they were friends? I don't really know their past but it still feels weird.

A new spiece has been introduced, Dryads. Treyni looks so good.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 16, 2021 5:14 AM

Nov 2018
Rimuru have a bad feelings about Shion Foods after Benimaru and Others tried to hide from it, Rimuru certainly not gonna forget about it.

Poor Gobta sacrifice his life for Rimur, Nevermind Gobta still alive from food poisoning because Poison Antidote Skill that he got.

Gobta was really a highlight of this episode for beating Gabiru With threat from Rimuru that helping him too, Gobta deserve the cheers.

Looks like Dryrad comes with Heavy Request, Looks like few episode gonna be Focus Action Episode, Hope not disapointing.
Jun 24, 2021 9:49 AM

Oct 2016
Gobta is based. Man, Rimuru has been lucky with the ladies ever since he became a slime lmao. It's cool to see how much the Tempest community has grown, and they're still growing.
Sep 23, 2021 4:10 PM

Jan 2021
The lizards were a bunch of Yes men
Nov 1, 2021 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
animejas said:
Gobta rules.

Otherwise, didn't really care for this episode.

Ironically for once, I like an episode of this series more now than in the past, even though my opinion on even the first half of this season isn't that positive.

Still agree that Gobta ruled here. I liked how the show diverted from the Rimuru formula that I was getting tired of for this episode at least and let the comic relief underdog actually kick Gabiru's ass clean by utilizing his own skills and abilities. Rest of the episode did feel slow but I did enjoy the back and forth between Shuna and Shion early on and seeing the ogres adjust to the village as a whole. The orcs' CG is pretty questionable when travelling in droves but this show's never really had the best production visually from 8bit so not too surprised, and its not that big of a deal either.

Shion's cooking might not be the best, but her personality definitely is for me in this series in particular.
Feb 15, 2022 5:47 AM
May 2021
Gobuta getting OP xD
May 26, 2022 10:06 PM

Jul 2013
I can't even count the amount of times I had to laugh. Such an hilarious episode :D

Satoru wasn't with a girl for 37 years and now just after a couple months he's surrounded by beauties. I guess you just have to become a slime and all the ladies are yours lol.

As expected Gabiru was just show. Even funnier that Gobta beat him within seconds. His shadow movement and follow up kick were actually badass. But who could blame to not want to eat Shion's food again right?

Even dryads exist in this world? And not only that, this dryad Treyni is another absolute beauty. I wonder why she came directly to Rimuru with such big request. Did she sense his imense aura or was it because Rimuru already has a big reputation?
Natsu88May 26, 2022 10:13 PM

Aug 13, 2022 11:18 AM
Feb 2022
Shadow move from my guy Gobda was sick. lizard cuck, annoying. 3/5
Jan 13, 2023 1:33 AM

Jul 2015
Never expected them to put in secret weapon of mass destruction named Gobta, just after he acquired his poison resistance, in to fight Gabiru and one-hit KO him.

Dec 13, 2023 11:43 AM
Feb 2018
Too much "fan service" in this one for my taste. I suppose Shion's presence will keep that going...
Dec 16, 2023 6:23 PM

Nov 2023
I already feel bad for the Goblin qwq
Mar 6, 8:12 AM

Dec 2022
Gobta sure is him ain't him heh?

Made a complete fool out of Gabiru like a boss.

Mar 12, 6:53 AM

Aug 2019
ruler of monsters huh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 10:48 PM

May 2015
Rimuru saw that poisonous cooking trope from a mile away! Gobta had to take the L there. He's turning out to be a pretty capable hobgoblin though! Also a Dryad? Nice pull from the fantasy monster concept!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.