Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 6, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that escalated quickly. Seriously though, Ash made a lot of enemies in this show...

Too bad he wasn't the only one that got treated cruely this episode. I swear, some characters in this show really likes to inflict emotional and physical pain on others. The episode definitely felt thrilling in terms of building further into the story.

At least Ash is free now and he looks better.
Dec 6, 2018 8:35 AM

Jun 2008
I spent the majority of this episode screaming "NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" at the screen.

Dec 6, 2018 9:51 AM

Mar 2012
It's the beginning of the end....

I am as bad as Song of Ice and Fire book readers. I bet most of the anime only audience was NOT PREPARED for this episode.

There is a scene I thought they would skip altogether between Ash and Jessica that was included. But because MAPPA sped through it when it needed some time, it had no emotional impact like the manga. This made it looked like she just wanted confirmation of what happened rather than offer her sympathies for Ash. The anime ruined that scene.

Also, Ash did nothing wrong. His reaction was expected. They should have focused a bit more attention to the scene where Lee freaking Yeast Infection told those guys to attack them when they would be together because Ash's guard would be down when he's content and happy with Eiji.
MetaKiteDec 6, 2018 10:39 AM
Dec 6, 2018 10:42 AM
Nov 2017
NOOOOO i was expecting ash to die BUT THIS
Dec 6, 2018 10:47 AM

Apr 2017
wow thanks mappa for destroying me once again. good lord this episode was a kick to the chest. first eiji comforting ash after they rescued him (which he immediately responded to), and then that ending....i'm really not ready for these last two eps.

eiji teaching ash japanese and shamelessly flirting with each other was the most wholesome thing i've ever seen and then to see ash lose it because eiji was injured hurts like a bitch.
Dec 6, 2018 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
hirahira said:
I spent the majority of this episode screaming "NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" at the screen.

YES SAME and i never do that!! this anime is destroying me i swear to god. sayonara":D" #changebananafishending2k18
Dec 6, 2018 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
This was one super intense episode. The Beginning of the End, if you would.

The emotional and physical over-sharing burden of the relationship between Ash and Eiji just got good...and then suddenly LOST within just ONE shot.

Sa-yo-na-ra...and shots fired. And Ash went back to being a Lynx to multiply damages over to Yut Lung's assassins. The eyeball look was very menacing...
Dec 6, 2018 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
Whelp, Yut Lung, you done goofed now.
Asshole even got a warning beforehand.
RyuseishunDec 6, 2018 11:16 AM
Dec 6, 2018 11:13 AM
Sep 2018
OMG WHY DO THEY DO THIS NOOOOOO. LITERALLY THE LAST THING EIJI TAUGHT ASH WAS 'SAYONARA'. BOY WHY DO THEY TOY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT.
Dec 6, 2018 11:16 AM

Mar 2016
#FuckYutLung
That asshole gonna pay.
Dec 6, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2017
I literally screamed when Eiji was shot... i feel like he isn't dead though. I swear, this anime is gonna be the death of me! Every week i'm balling my eyes out! There's only 2 episodes left and A LOT of shit piling up so i've definitely given up on a happy ending now... jesus, i'm gonna have a mental breakdown at this rate haha
Dec 6, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2012
Ryuseishun said:
#FuckYutLung.
This cannot be said enough!
Dec 6, 2018 11:50 AM
Apr 2015
This episode hurt my soul ;-;
Dec 6, 2018 11:56 AM

Feb 2017
I'm a manga reader.
I cried T____T

I love you MAPPA
Dec 6, 2018 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
OMG first ash shacking in eijis arms and than he got shot right in front of him what an ep so emocianal and hard too watch -- my hearts hurts right now
just 2 eps left to go :(
Dec 6, 2018 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
I read the title and I was like "oh boy, time for me to die" and sure enough, MAPPA has killed me
Dec 6, 2018 12:26 PM

Jun 2009
MetaKite said:
Ryuseishun said:
#FuckYutLung.
This cannot be said enough!

WinterEnlighten said:
I'm a manga reader.
I cried T____T

I love you MAPPA

totally agree to both :D
Dec 6, 2018 12:50 PM

Feb 2017
This is tragedy. It awakens the hidden emotions within you, which certainly something comedy cannot do. "The best songs are the saddest". Sadness is beautiful when seen from a platonic view, no ? Sorry for being a bit philosophical.

But just see how fragile a human life can be. It took days to build the trust in Ash and Eiji's relationship. But everything almost ends with one bullet. Tragedies can make us realise one of the harshest truths. And this "love" thing is just like butterfly. It makes you feel amused, gives you happiness from its bright fluttering wings. But try to catch it, you either trap it forever, or crush it by pressing it too hard, mistakenly. That's what Banana Fish depicts along with the main plot.

Today's episode was a burning proof.
Dec 6, 2018 1:00 PM

Jan 2017
Im so sad right now, came here with the hope of finding some "unwanted" manga spoilers or some hint that Eiji boy is alive.

This can't be happening.

Like, right in the feels man...
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 6, 2018 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
What? 100% that Eiji isn't that everyone what you guys thinking, calm down

But Ash is gonna get his revenge. And it's gonna be sweet. Blanca saying he "doesn't know anymore" if Eiji is Ash's weakness... I think he realized that hurting Eiji was actually what would make Ash go mad and destroy everyone. I hope this happens.

And seriously, Eiji x Ash friendship/love is so fucking pure and beautiful. "I'd do anything for you". Then Eiji teaching him japanese T-T Banana Fish should get a spin off where those two can be happy and goofy together.
Dec 6, 2018 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
I love how tragic this show is becoming. Holy fuck that ending was intense. Great cliffhanger.
Dec 6, 2018 1:20 PM

Jun 2014
Well shit....I'm gonna assume Eiji isn't dead for now but as things stand at the moment, it isn't looking good.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 6, 2018 1:26 PM
Nov 2015
this anime is destroying us it's so amazing and so sad. we love it so much.
poor Eiji ;w;
Dec 6, 2018 1:53 PM
Aug 2017
Its not really believable that Foxx, a Pro makes such a stupid mistake to leave a burning cigarette near Ash.
Dec 6, 2018 1:56 PM

Dec 2016
Oh no, Eiji ;-; That was such a cruel ending, teaching Ash the sayonara word and then get shot by someone... not cool X( Someone save him!

I was enjoying this untill Eiji got shot :( the feels... it hurts.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 6, 2018 2:00 PM
Jul 2017

i waited this entire show for the scene where eiji teaches ash japanese and i'm not disappointed with it at all. i did tear up at the end, god. i'll probably end up full on crying with this two episodes remaining.

the scene between jessica and ash was underwhelming, ngl, but i was expecting them to skip the entire scene so i can't be too upset... it just wasn't as heartfelt as the manga. with the time they have left, it's to be expected, but you know...

but, i saw that the last episode will be double length, super excited for that. the new episodes can't come out fast enough!
Dec 6, 2018 2:01 PM
Dec 2015
I was gonna skip this episode but I have no self respect so I watched it. haha! let’s just ignore the fact that banana fish is fuckjng depressing as hell. so u know when ash said “I’d rather kiss a slug than join hands with you,” in the manga he said “I’d rather give a monkey a rimjob” isn’t that funny haha!!!!!!!!
Dec 6, 2018 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Fue said:
sad to see Blanca leave yut lung :C i don't think he's coming back since it looks like he defied his orders. im not really sure what blanca will achieve by going to pier 4 warehouse tho
Sad? Blanca is finally doing the RIGHT thing and leaving that self-professed monster that has women and children murdered. I still don't care about Blanca but he is finally seeing what kind of scum he's been helping and stepping away.
Jared93 said:
Its not really believable that Foxx, a Pro makes such a stupid mistake to leave a burning cigarette near Ash.
He underestimated him thinking he really had Ash subdued after raping him.

#FuckYutLung
Dec 6, 2018 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
IM SO ANGRY ASGSAHSFIOSJDFPOSAKPOASD
Dec 6, 2018 2:52 PM
Jul 2017
anyone elses AOTS??
Dec 6, 2018 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
I'm still shaking.

Ash once again had his body taken by force, because this is the only thing those despicable cowards can do, I don't even know what to say. Eiji realized it soon, and did his best to just be there for him, and there was also Jessica remembering her own trauma later, while trying to understand just how Ash can go on like that.

There was also Max being tortured, and drugged, Yut-Lung being obsessed with turning Ash into a cold-hearted demon, trying to get rid of Eiji who brings out the best in him; but also being conflicted enough to tell Blanca where he could find them to try, and prevent those two from killing Eiji. Sing asking Ash if he ever regretted becoming a boss was good too, it is just so... Difficult to deal with people, not an easy position, especially in their current situation. And last but not least: Eiji being shot as soon as he taught Ash how to say goodbye in japanese. I can't, this is too much.
Dec 6, 2018 3:32 PM

Oct 2016
I cried. I for real cried. I'm hurt, I'm devastated and every other emotion in between.
Dec 6, 2018 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
Ash unloading that Chopper like it's the 31st on those guys!! Damn such intensity from the guy.

Woah! Is Eiji dead for real? I really hope in the next episode he's not, I kinda got fond of him and the friendship he has formed with Ash. That was an emotional scene, particularly that moment he was teaching Ash the word "goodbye" in Japanese.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 6, 2018 4:37 PM

Nov 2015
I would be still thinking Eiji is alive if they didn't say Sayorana
Dec 6, 2018 4:39 PM

Feb 2016
Looks like someone doesn't know the saying of "Be wary of a man who has nothing to lose"

Trying to get rid of Eiji because is Ash "weakness" isn't a good idea, they would be only digging their graves faster.

Glad that this is driving away form the repetitive formula it got for the past episodes lately, seems like things are heading towards the finale now
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 6, 2018 6:38 PM
Nov 2018
Yare yare, this episode is really good , also made me feel really uneasy. Yut-Lung has been internally struggling all the time. He actually is a good guy but his priorities took over him from time to time I guess. And it's extremely sad to see the last scene of this episode. When you think you are having some good time after all these hardships you endured, really mean thing happen again. I guess we all can relate to that. I hope people don't shit on about combat scenes are logical or not cuz it's all about feelings.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Dec 6, 2018 7:23 PM

May 2018
Ash will crush everyone especially the traitors!
Dec 6, 2018 7:44 PM

Mar 2018
This show gets me every...week....
"Those that break the rules and regulations are scum. But those who abandon their friends are even worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Dec 6, 2018 10:33 PM

Feb 2015
Fox caught the guys and took Ash with him, trying to persuade him to join his team and taking information from him. While Fox went out, Ash managed to escape and find Sing, Caín and other allies. But Yuen-Tai (that is threatened by Yut-Lung) had a conflict with Sing about the gang, Yut-Lung even ordered him to murder Eiji. Through the conflict in Yut-Lung’s mansion, Blanca decided that Eiji is someone that doesn’t deserve to be murdered, so he went to look for Ash and Eiji. Yut-Lung finally presses Yuen-tai and company a little more, so one of his guys shot Eiji while he was with Ash in the den, so Ash quickly took out his weapon to kill one of the shooters, and ran behind the second one, just to kill him and to continue shooting his body until Sing stopped the whole thing. Eiji is hurt, seriously hurt.

I don’t know what was worst, Fox throwing a cigar on to the floor, or Ash burning the ropes with a cigar. This time the main villain is Yut-Lung with his attempts to kill Eiji and finally be the friend of Ash that he wants to be. Blanca’s movements could be interesting, but as far as he went looking for Ash, we don’t know where he is. That shooting, we could see that coming since Yut-Lung became fucking garbage.
Atlas77Jan 1, 2019 9:33 PM
Dec 6, 2018 11:26 PM

Aug 2017
I think that Eiji is still alive. It seems that Yut-Lung is still trying to kill him anyway.

@Atlas77 Double post.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 7, 2018 12:09 AM

Apr 2018
What an intense episode! Things will now turn roller coaster. Yut-Lung losing it, Blanca turning to good side, and that Sa-yo-na-ra moment.. :( Was not even in the manga but really REALLY grabbed my heart!

“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Dec 7, 2018 12:12 AM

Dec 2014
well it was again escalating quickly...but if anything happens to Eiji I will not even..he was the only worse that was keeping him (Ash) sane
Dec 7, 2018 1:45 AM

Jul 2016
Well...

Ash going to go batshit crazy now.
Dec 7, 2018 4:16 AM

May 2018
The timing was there btw. Sayonara then BOOM!
Dec 7, 2018 4:22 AM

Jun 2012
Eiji: this is how you say goodbye in Japanese! sa-yo-u-na-ra!
Ash: sa-yo-na-ra?
Me: ...OH FUCK WAI-
Everything: Goes to shit.

"... If fate is a milestone, then we are the grist. There is nothing we can do. So I wish for strength. If I cannot protect them from the wheel, then give me a strong blade, and enough strength... to shatter fate."
Dec 7, 2018 6:33 AM

Nov 2016
Holy shit.......

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2018 9:05 AM
May 2016
WinterEnlighten said:
This is tragedy. It awakens the hidden emotions within you, which certainly something comedy cannot do. "The best songs are the saddest". Sadness is beautiful when seen from a platonic view, no ? Sorry for being a bit philosophical.

But just see how fragile a human life can be. It took days to build the trust in Ash and Eiji's relationship. But everything almost ends with one bullet. Tragedies can make us realise one of the harshest truths. And this "love" thing is just like butterfly. It makes you feel amused, gives you happiness from its bright fluttering wings. But try to catch it, you either trap it forever, or crush it by pressing it too hard, mistakenly. That's what Banana Fish depicts along with the main plot.

Today's episode was a burning proof.
what you said is absolutely true , so emotional .
Also the episode was Soo comforting yet so saddening . Only two episodes to go.
Dec 7, 2018 10:06 AM

Mar 2014
I knew it was coming but it still hurt like hell. Uchida Yuuma once again did a terrific job voicing Ash.

I'd literally pay MAPPA to change the ending and let them be happy together

Dec 7, 2018 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
Damm even Ash cant handle that much pain
BRAWLERS
Dec 7, 2018 10:28 AM
Sep 2018
Ash should have chocked Yut Lung to death with his pigtail. This b*tch really asks for it. Most annoying character of this serie with his petty jealousy and dull personality.

How can you even pity this guy? His revenge and ambitions are thrown out the window by his obsessive hatred for Eiji.

The end of the episode killed me. Ash "rampage mode" on!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

346 by carladepalabras »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

69 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:41 PM

» how gay is this shit?

KuroudoAkabane - May 14, 2023

37 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 13, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

66 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2018

98 by ic3gela »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.