Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2018 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, they sure didn't waste time this episode at getting straight to fighting goblins. Quite frankly, they're really showcasing Elf's archery abilities this episode. Still kinda felt like fighting in a video game though with the party dealing with the mobs of goblins. Oh and some of the different variations of goblins...

Not sure how I feel about Sword Maiden's role so far. Her past is quite tragic though just based on some of her background story.

Dec 1, 2018 8:25 AM
Nov 2018
dantex11 said:
can’t wait for @papsoshea to start another saltfest

My body is ready. Prepare popcorn for our Elitism Lord.
Dec 1, 2018 8:36 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was an ok episode a bit of action and a bit of info.
Anyway the fight was solved nicely and it's clear that Goblin slayer is getting a bit more human as well in his personality so it makes me wonder how much he will change.
Elf is also funny in her behaviour.
Dec 1, 2018 9:03 AM

Mar 2018
Ah, this was fun. Bit of action, bit of drama, bit of backstory, bit of wholesomeness, bit of cute blushing girls, bit of dead goblins. What more do you need?
Dec 1, 2018 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The action was pretty cool. It was pretty cool to see the party drop the roof of the entire ruins over those goblins.

Interesting revelation at the end, correct me if I'm wrong since either the subtitles or the dialogue felt a little vague to me. The Sword Maiden basically orchestrated this entire event of bringing Goblins into the town just so she could show people how terrifying they actually are because of her own traumatic past with them? The huge monster and the evil eye thing were both her familiars, the former guarding the situation so it doesn't get too out of hand and the latter protecting the mirror so the goblins could move to and fro the sewers and their actually hideout effectively.
I feel bad for her and her past but I think what she did was wrong, I can understand her need of wanting to spread awareness about how dangerous these things actually are but her method of doing was rather extreme and could have lead to something real dangerous.

GS being the cool guy at the end saying he'd slay goblins for her any day. Them pickup lines. XD

Elf blushing at the end was so cute. <3
Dec 1, 2018 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
Feel bad for Sword Maiden.

Overall, another good episode with more goblin slaying.

Dec 1, 2018 9:44 AM
Jul 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.
Interesting revelation at the end, correct me if I'm wrong since either the subtitles or the dialogue felt a little vague to me. The Sword Maiden basically orchestrated this entire event of bringing Goblins into the town just so she could show people how terrifying they actually are because of her own traumatic past with them? The huge monster and the evil eye thing were both her familiars, the former guarding the situation so it doesn't get too out of hand and the latter protecting the mirror so the goblins could move to and fro the sewers and their actually hideout effectively.
I feel bad for her and her past but I think what she did was wrong, I can understand her need of wanting to spread awareness about how dangerous these things actually are but her method of doing was rather extreme and could have lead to something real dangerous.

GS being the cool guy at the end saying he'd slay goblins for her any day. Them pickup lines. XD

The dialog between Goblin Slayer and Sword Priestess didn't make much sense, but that clarifies it. However, what did she mean when she asked Goblin Slayer if he was going to save her?
Dec 1, 2018 9:45 AM

Dec 2017
welp, that fight felt extremely short. half an episode wasn't enough somehow. anyways, they're almost caught up with the manga, 1 chapter behind. that's pretty cool

also, that dialogue didn't really leave any impact on me. i get that it tried to show that even strong heroes like sword maiden can get shackled by fear from goblins, yet they kinda mixed the drama moment with gs' dull answers and kinda comedic "i won't do anything to you, cuz you're not a goblin"
uninstallthegameDec 1, 2018 9:51 AM
Dec 1, 2018 9:51 AM
Feb 2018
uninstallthegame said:
welp, that fight felt extremely short. half an episode wasn't enough somehow. anyways, they're almost caught up with the manga, 1 chapter behind. that's pretty cool

Uh... and one arc skipped, which as I assume will be covered in remaining 3 eps.
Dec 1, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
Nice scene between Slayer and the Maiden, but I'm personally still not a fan of his stoic personality.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 1, 2018 9:54 AM
Jul 2016
mrbull3tproof said:
uninstallthegame said:

Uh... and one arc skipped, which as I assume will be covered in remaining 3 eps.

save the best for last
Dec 1, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2014
workinHikikomori said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

The dialog between Goblin Slayer and Sword Priestess didn't make much sense, but that clarifies it. However, what did she mean when she asked Goblin Slayer if he was going to save her?

Well, I can only assume she wanted GS to comfort her/stay by her side or something along those lines so she could forget about/overcome her trauma but as it stands GS himself says he can't help her, despite knowing what she went through he cannot understand her trauma and her feelings as it's different from his own but he does say that he'd be happy to kill goblins for her anytime.
Dec 1, 2018 10:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
workinHikikomori said:

Well, I can only assume she wanted GS to comfort her/stay by her side or something along those lines so she could forget about/overcome her trauma but as it stands GS himself says he can't help her, despite knowing what she went through he cannot understand her trauma and her feelings as it's different from his own but he does say that he'd be happy to kill goblins for her anytime.
Great analysis of the situation buddy :)
Dec 1, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
That dialogue was such a terrible presentation. It might be the subtitles' fault, but by the end I was like "...what? be clearer, dammit".
Dec 1, 2018 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Sword Maiden, I wonder how she can remain serene in front of people after her experience with Goblins, she should have ended like the fighter of the first episode, or worse, since she was blinded too. Her scenes with Goblin Slayer was nice, he can be stoic and blunt, but he still managed to confort and add her to his harem. Well played, Goburin Sureia.

Also, the alligator from the previous episodes is her familiar. That's incredibly cool, I mean, how many times a crocodilian familiar has been used?
Dec 1, 2018 10:07 AM

Mar 2018
What did the Sword Maiden mean by 'save' her? Was asking the Goblin Slayer to stay there and protect her from the goblins? Was she asking him to sleep with her so she can get over the fact that goblins raped her? I don't get it.
Anyway what chapter in the manga was this episode? Reading the manga might clear up some of my doubts.
81Koyomi_AraragiDec 1, 2018 10:11 AM
Dec 1, 2018 10:11 AM
Apr 2018
The fight was very cool but kinda too short. Nothing is too overkill to kill thoses filthy goblins!
The dialogue between GS and Sword Maiden was a little too vague/confusing but GS do know how to talk to women ("I will do nothing to you because you are not a goblin").
The Dwarf Shaman and the Lizard Priest do really like food...I can't blame them for that! Food is really important!
High Elf Archer's blush was indeed cute.
I really hope the village defense arc will be adapted in the three last episodes...
Dec 1, 2018 10:12 AM
Nov 2018
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
What did the Sword Maiden mean by 'save' her? Was asking the Goblin Slayer to stay there and protect her from the goblins? Was she asking him to sleep with her so she can get over the fact that goblins raped her? I don't get it.
Anyway what chapter in the manga was this episode? Reading the manga might clear up some of my doubts.

Save her from PTSD. She always has nightmare about Goblin.
Dec 1, 2018 10:13 AM
Apr 2018
81Koyomi_Araragi said:

Maybe reading the LN is a better way...althought I didn't read it yet nor the manga.
Dec 1, 2018 10:13 AM

Jan 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

The action was pretty cool. It was pretty cool to see the party drop the roof of the entire ruins over those goblins.

It was hard to understand that part it took some time Sword Maiden's dreams I am curious to what would have happened if goblin slayer said that he will be staying

Elf archery skills was one main focus of that fight and her blushing is the best moments of the episode for me

I am happy that Goblin Slayer is becoming more human excluding that the episodes are becoming more tamed
Dec 1, 2018 10:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well in expanding upon how the goblins are arriving in this area and also on sword's maiden's personality and the struggles that she has. The fight within the room was pretty intense. Though basic the party's tactics sure were creative and took great advantage of the gob's route. Though have to say that was pretty dangerous even by GS's usual standards. Hmm so the sword maiden took advantage of the party to rid the city of a threat before it could break surface huh. Though Sword maiden's mental state was more fragile than i expected. And while he can't save her by staying at least she established a bond with him. Seems seeing priestess try ice cream last ep also made GS curious about them too. The elf's reluctant admittance to want to join sure was amusing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2018 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
And that concludes this arc. I wonder if they're gonna go forward with the story or adapt the arc they skipped.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 1, 2018 10:37 AM

May 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

The event was orchestrated by the skeleton dude in episode 6 who got killed by the hero girl.

"They were plotting something using that mirror. They are minions of the Demon Lord. The mastermind no longer exists in this world. They were disposed of in a completely different place... by the Hero."
Only_BradDec 1, 2018 10:43 AM
Dec 1, 2018 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
Only_Brad said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

The event was orchestrated by the skeleton dude in episode 6 who got killed by the hero girl.

"They were plotting something using that mirror. They are minions of the Demon Lord. The mastermind no longer exists in this world. They were disposed of in a completely different place... by the Hero."

I see, if that was the case then what exactly is GS accusing the Sword Maiden of? Not doing anything?
Dec 1, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
well yeah it was something hmmm..a bitter sweet end to the journey it was all constructed...you really feel the hate of goblins through out
Dec 1, 2018 10:54 AM

May 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Only_Brad said:

I see, if that was the case then what exactly is GS accusing the Sword Maiden of? Not doing anything?

She lied about who killed the acolyte girl. She wanted to put the blame on goblins so that people start taking the goblin threat seriously, but that failed. Goblin Slayer noticed that because of the way the girl was killed, that's not what goblins do, and then he told her she knows exactly what goblins do to girls because she lived through that herself.
Only_BradDec 1, 2018 10:57 AM
Dec 1, 2018 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
Behold, SAO 2.0, which all self proclaimed "elitists" will hate just to make themselves look edgy.

Dec 1, 2018 10:59 AM
Nov 2018
Piromysl said:
Behold, SAO 2.0, which all self proclaimed "elitists" will hate just to make themselves look edgy.

LMAO. I think it hated like Re:Zero more than SAO.
Dec 1, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2014
Only_Brad said:
Lelouch0202 said:

She lied about who killed the acolyte girl. She wanted to put the blame on goblins so that people start taking the goblin threat seriously, but that failed. Goblin Slayer noticed that because of the way the girl was killed, that's not what goblins do, and then he told her she knows exactly what goblins do to girls because she lived through that herself.

Ah, alright, thanks man. That cleared things up for me.
Dec 1, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that Goblin Slayer is becoming more open to others.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 1, 2018 11:18 AM

Dec 2008
Thread cleaned
Removed trolling, baiting and insults.

Not agreeing with a user's opinion does not mean you are allowed to bait and insult them. However, if you believe someone is breaking the rules, please don't hesitate to report them.
Dec 1, 2018 11:19 AM

Oct 2018
man ,i just read chapter 29 of the manga yesterday ,and i got to see the animated version almost immediately

goblin threat increasing after every episode ,sword maiden want try to make people aware of goblin but nobody listen to her ,she cant just try to do a genocide on goblin pretty much because of her trauma

elf kicking goblin slayer kick was way funnier in the manga ,she even forced a smile before doing it ,it kinda dissapoint me how they animated it (it took like 1 month untill i can see the kick in the anime version) but its good enough , ill take what i can get

i kinda curious what they will do with that 3 episode left

Dec 1, 2018 11:21 AM
Jan 2018
Imagine what anime onlys would have thought if Goblin Slayer was properly adapted.If you are reading this and enjoyed Goblin Slayer even a little bit,please check out the manga or the LN.Theybare on a whole another level.
Dec 1, 2018 11:21 AM
Jan 2013
Only_Brad said:

What about the alligator and that eye monster?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Dec 1, 2018 11:25 AM

May 2018
Lelouch_Darsi said:
Only_Brad said:

What about the alligator and that eye monster?

The alligator was her familiar, she used it to patrol the sewers. The eye is a demon lord minion whose job was to protect the magic mirror.
Dec 1, 2018 11:46 AM

Jul 2017
Kinda boring, not gonna lie.

I'm just not feeling it with this show as compared to before.
Dec 1, 2018 11:47 AM

Aug 2012
That tsundere kick.
Dec 1, 2018 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
Well, that was an episode that's beyond what I knew since I stop reading the manga for a while.

The episode itself, I'm not sure what to say about it but I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes.
Dec 1, 2018 11:50 AM
Oct 2018
Ok episode. The preview pics of episode 10 is out on twitter, still no sign of the skipped arc.
Dec 1, 2018 11:57 AM
Nov 2018
Only_Brad said:
Lelouch0202 said:

This dialogue still looks weird. It doesn't really matter who killed the girl, she knows for sure that there are goblins below. She sent adventurers there, they didn't come back, something had to be done. There was no reason for her to lie or conceal information.

"She wanted to put the blame on goblins so that people start taking the goblin threat seriously" - in this world it supposed to actually make people relax: "it's just goblins, good, I thought it was something serious, let's send some noobs to kill them."

"that's not what goblins do" - in LN there are at least three different things that "goblins do" - kill adventures/villagers who resist immediately, kidnap women for procreation, kidnap people for torture. They also can be controlled by smarter bosses who can order them to do something different. And their behavior can change suddenly and significantly - e.g. never-before-seen boats, GS's caution to not give them any new ideas or let them gain experience. Goblins do not follow strict pattern of behavior, they are not animals.

I read this part in LN, manga and now anime subtitles, it is still murky as hell. All the sewer related mysteries seems to be pointless. SM creates problems for the party without any reason. She knows the sewers layout, about the mirror and alligator. Those adventurers who didn't come back could still be alive if she gave them full information.
Dec 1, 2018 12:00 PM
Aug 2018
They didn’t do the lizard man justice in the scene where his spell gave him strength. That was the only scene I was excited for on this episode.
Dec 1, 2018 12:04 PM

May 2016
The fighting was brilliant loved the idea of dropping the ceiling.

The sword maiden trauma is real shit didn't realize that she was this scared!

Btw is she blind?? Cause last episode I remember her eyes were white and from the flash backs they were blue?
Dec 1, 2018 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Piromysl said:

And wait for winter for the rise of the shield hero
Raizel said:
The fighting was brilliant loved the idea of dropping the ceiling.

The sword maiden trauma is real shit didn't realize that she was this scared!

Btw is she blind?? Cause last episode I remember her eyes were white and from the flash backs they were blue?

You can see on this episode what happened. They burned her eyes. She was not born blind.
Anyways, she's blind but not totally blind, she can see things as fuzzy silhouettes.
kofmasterDec 1, 2018 12:25 PM
Dec 1, 2018 12:42 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was exceedingly boring lol. Sword Maiden has been one of the worst characters so far, not as bad as High Elf tho. That girl deserves a spot in hell itself.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 1, 2018 1:08 PM

Nov 2018
A true RPG. I am likes this anime. Very intelligent the throw of the mirror.
the goblin slayer always thinks of creative ways to solve the problem.
this rpg table has a good player. lol
Dec 1, 2018 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
More goblin-slaying, obviously, and we got some interesting revelations during that conversation between GS and the Sword Maiden. I liked the little comedic scene at the end of the episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 1, 2018 1:31 PM
Mar 2015
The meeting between the Goblin Slayer and the Sword maiden was great He can understand what she went through at the hands of the goblins.
Dec 1, 2018 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
Every time a GS episode ends, i feel better, because it's closer to the ending and I can finally get rid of this disappointment.
Dec 1, 2018 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
Im disappointed they didnt show this scene.
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 1, 2018 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
Not as good as the manga but was still decent I guess.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.