Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 28, 2018 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that Nodoka girl actually showed up in a more prominent manner this episode. (I remember she was teased in the previous episode on TV in some brief scenes)

Seems like the timeline begins around the start of the second semester. Nodoka is a strange character imo especially about her relationship with Mai. Really interesting that the puberty syndrome also continues to play an important role in this series.
Stark700Nov 28, 2018 11:15 AM
Nov 28, 2018 11:10 AM

Apr 2010
The little sister appears in the form of Mai tho.
And Mai in her little sisters body things seem pretty awkward between them and it's clear the little sister has some issues in her life.
She started hyperventilating which was surprising but what was eve more surprising was that no one in the film crew noticed till it was too late just what where they doing?
Nov 28, 2018 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
How can 24 minutes feel like 24 seconds every week? This show is some kind of magic.
Nov 28, 2018 11:21 AM
Jul 2016
Just like two sisters are facing some complicated feelings, the underlying and invisible tension in this episode had me facing some complicated feelings. Usually I don't enjoy writing like that because it goes off track, but of course here it's done with purpose and excellent pacing. Also, the Kaede comedic-relief jokes are always something different and I love them.
Nov 28, 2018 11:31 AM
Feb 2018
I am in love with this anime, but is just form me or is it kind of getting a little repetitive? I like the mystery and stuff, but come on, give it a little break and let Sakuta enjoy some time with Mai.
PolengueNov 28, 2018 1:06 PM
Nov 28, 2018 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
I hate it when Im right, anyways, I am not a fan of whats going on here, not used to seeing Mai's body act like that, feels so damn generic.
That being said, major Yamada and the 7 witches/ Your Name vibes with the body switching thing again.
Nov 28, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2018
Another solid episode. Very interested to see where they go with this. I feel like Nodoka could develop into an actual rival to Mai for Sakuta's affections---at least on her end.

Kaede's line cracked me up: "Onii-chan is becoming a delinquent." Lol.

Looks like the Sakurajimas have some skeletons in their closet that Sakuta is about to (quite literally) discover.

It was strange and a little off-putting to see "Mai" so uninhibited on the beach...

Keirik said:
How can 24 minutes feel like 24 seconds every week? This show is some kind of magic.

Amen to that. So much waiting for so little content, lol.
Set SCE to AUX
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well introducing Nadoka and the issues she has. Its sad that Mai's agency is now getting in the way of their romance. So thats Nadoka huh. But never expected Sakuta to encounter her in this circumstance though. Though alarming for Nadoka seeing both Mai and her try to adapt to the new situation was intriguing. The pride of their mothers sure made life difficult for both Mai and Nadoka. The interaction between Nadoka and Sakuta sure was amusing. Seeing how Mai and Nadoka deal with the after effects of Nadoka's reveal of her true feelings was insightful. Having both see the kind of life that each live will no doubt be a good experience for both. Curious to see what was in that room though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 2018
Oh a body swap among the sisters, Mai becomes Nodoka and Nodoka becomes Mai....so what were Mai's skeleton in the closet kind of thing that she didn't want Sakuta to see????????
Nov 28, 2018 11:39 AM
Mar 2015
Interesting that it was only when her sister stopped acting that she became successful. The mother is really a bitch 50 calls a day Too much pressure on little sister
Nov 28, 2018 11:47 AM

Jan 2018
Swapping bodies and working out the issues I enjoyed the episode but the awkwardness between them In this episode
I hope this will end in two episode and move on to Kaede I am not sold on with Nodoka's character mainly because comes out of blue and jumps in between Sakuta and Mai
Curious to see what's in that shelf
ArugustorNov 28, 2018 11:51 AM
Nov 28, 2018 11:50 AM

Sep 2018
very interesting episode
Nov 28, 2018 12:15 PM
Nov 2015
Looks like the first ark will really be the best one. The show is still good. But not as good as I thought it would be.

Anyway, good episode. At least she didn't do anything stupid to harm Mai in any way. She is quite cooperative for someone in her situation, which means she is actually not a bad person.
Nov 28, 2018 12:18 PM
Nov 2015
landofthekwt said:
Interesting that it was only when her sister stopped acting that she became successful. The mother is really a bitch 50 calls a day Too much pressure on little sister

Yeah, she'd be better off ditching her mother as Mai did.
Nov 28, 2018 12:22 PM

Mar 2017
This show never fails to entertain me. And damn, that cliffhanger!
Nov 28, 2018 12:24 PM

Nov 2016
Body swap ? Now we had almost all super natural clichés.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 28, 2018 12:36 PM

Dec 2017
i really don't feel anything out of this show. somehow, these all abnormalities can't deliver a good punch for me to be entertained. i mean, people really compared this to monogatari? it can't even hold a candle to monogatari
Nov 28, 2018 12:42 PM

Jan 2018
Lmao the ending though, Sakuta is evil XD
Nov 28, 2018 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
That next episode preview
So many voices xd
Nov 28, 2018 1:03 PM

Jan 2017
Sakuta is a god tier MC, a true National Treasure!
Nov 28, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
I can now confirm that this show is actually supposed to be 101 ways to prevent a couple from being a couple the show

Arugustor said:
Swapping bodies and working out the issues I enjoyed the episode but the awkwardness between them In this episode
I hope this will end in two episode and move on to Kaede I am not sold on with Nodoka's character mainly because comes out of blue and jumps in between Sakuta and Mai

Kaede and Shouko's arcs will probably be in the movie so they're more than likely ending the show on this arc
Nov 28, 2018 1:14 PM
Jan 2015
Short_Circut said:
I can now confirm that this show is actually supposed to be 101 ways to prevent a couple from being a couple the show

Arugustor said:

Kaede and Shouko's arcs will probably be in the movie so they're more than likely ending the show on this arc
Movie is only adapting vol 6 and 7(read its description), which is Shouko's arc. So Kaede's arc will be the last arc in the anime.
My Queens

Nov 28, 2018 1:14 PM
Sep 2018
Sibling comparison is relatable.Sometimes parents doesn't see your other low-key talents because IT gets outshowned by good talents of older sibling.
Nov 28, 2018 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
-Mahesvara said:
Short_Circut said:

Movie is only adapting vol 6 and 7(read its description), which is Shouko's arc. So Kaede's arc will be the last arc in the anime.

Oh right didn't notice that never mind then I retract my previous statement
Nov 28, 2018 1:26 PM

Jan 2018
Short_Circut said:

Arugustor said:

Movie will be dedicated to Shouko I believe it's going to end with Kaede arc I am not sure about it I think it's going to be like that because there is a part in the OP where the girls faces are shown without Shouko and the order it's shown is same as the story arc's and it ends with Kaede also some one who read the story said that it will end Kaede
ArugustorNov 28, 2018 1:32 PM
Nov 28, 2018 1:28 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I WOKE UP IIINNN MAI-SAN'S BOOOODDDYYYYY!!!

SOMEHOW DIS SHIT TURN'T INTO FREAKY FRIIIIDDAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!
Nov 28, 2018 1:34 PM
Jan 2018
Body swap huh.... Intresting
Nov 28, 2018 1:40 PM
Oct 2016
Great episode. I think the drama between the sisters is interesting. Also i really want to see what`s in the closet.
Nov 28, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2017
Weakest episode of this series so far but still a pretty good one. Something felt off. Maybe the arc just isn't as interesting on paper.

Still, Sakuta was nice as usual.
Nov 28, 2018 1:47 PM

Jul 2017
Arugustor said:
Short_Circut said:

Movie will be dedicated to Shouko I believe it's going to end with Kaede arc I am not sure about it I think it's going to be like that because there is a part in the OP where the girls faces are shown without Shouko and the order it's shown is same as the story arc's and it ends with Kaede also some one who read the story said that it will end Kaede

Short_Circut said:
-Mahesvara said:

Yea I realized it after lol
Nov 28, 2018 1:52 PM

Jan 2018
Short_Circut said:
Arugustor said:

Short_Circut said:

Yea I realized it after lol

I saw that after I posted it lol
Nov 28, 2018 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
So a body swap as Puberty Syndrome and Mai is involved... Sakuta can't seem to catch a break! I swear all these Puberty Syndrome's are movies I have seen many years ago, but I love it!

Sakuta's comments about Mai's legs are awesome!

What could be in that cabinet I wonder... nice way to end on that though, bring on next week!

Nov 28, 2018 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
CeddyyBearr said:
What could be in that cabinet I wonder... nice way to end on that though, bring on next week!

I wonder if we get to find out next week at all; I don't expect Azusagawa to open it after all, as it would be very unlike him. Nodoka though,..
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 28, 2018 2:03 PM

Mar 2016
“I’d like them to sandwich me. Specifically, i mean my face”
“I was playing with my dick the submarine game” *Mai gets flustered*
Lmao sakuta delivering on those lines as usual.
Anyways, it seems that this is the arc is the one that Sakuta is least central to. Rather say Mai is central to it while sakuta retains his role as the protagonist and helps his girlfriend out so that she can go back to her normal life and relationship with him.
However, it’s nice to see parts of Mai’s life and her relationship with her sister. Comparisons and inferiority complex? Kinda sensed that when Mai said she’s the cuter one with such confidence. She’s really steps above her.
Nov 28, 2018 2:10 PM

Aug 2018
MeAndMyStar said:
Huge props to the director for depicting a panic attack in such an extremely realistic way, especially for anime. Good episode, cliffhanger hype.

I noticed that also. Very appreciative they portrayed that realistically and didn't soft-pedal or sugarcoat it.
Set SCE to AUX
Nov 28, 2018 2:23 PM

Apr 2015
Laionidas said:
CeddyyBearr said:

I wonder if we get to find out next week at all; I don't expect Azusagawa to open it after all, as it would be very unlike him. Nodoka though,..

Fair point, I hadn't even considered that Nodoka might open it instead of Sakuta.
Nov 28, 2018 2:28 PM

Feb 2011
Couldn't Nodoka pull the same stunt as Mai switching managers... or is her mother not her actual manager and just gets off acting like one?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 28, 2018 3:28 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh what now, body swapping? It looks like this syndrome thing is one bad boy in the shadow that's just trying to screw over Sakuta for that one toy he let him borrow that one time as kids and never saw it come back to him, look, it's not funny anymore, can't we have them hook up for once and for all? It might look like I'm quibbling over nothing here, but I really am not, I love this show, it just sometimes leads to a picky drama that can really get to your nerve.
It must really suck to suddenly switch bodies with somebody else and then have nothing to do against it, you just have to accept it and get over your past life and adapt to the new lifestyle of your host body, it's so frustrating just thinking about.
I can already come up with a lot of unpleasant turnouts that could come up after opening that Japanese cabinet, but the chances of me being right are low to none, like what could possibly happen? Mai being a ghost?
Nov 28, 2018 3:30 PM
Dec 2015
How great of a seiyuu Asami Seto, she's literally acted as 2 characters, Mai's body has someone else's soul in it, noted how different she portrays Nodoka than when she does Mai.
Nov 28, 2018 3:48 PM

Jul 2017
Combining body-switching and inferiority-sister complex for Mai's little sister arc... I can totally relate to her, always being compared to sisters. I still love my sisters though.

I'm glad that Mai has a more prominent role this time but it's so weird to see Mai's body act all immature and 2 times the tsundere than her own sister.

Sakuta never fails to make me laugh with his words~ "And why are you in my Mai-san's body?" "I want your legs to sandwich me." That last one made me laugh so hard!

Poor Sakuta... Let him have his date with his Mai-san!

What is in Mai's cupboard? It feels like torture to wait for next week...

This time in the ED, no Sakuta at all but Mai instead. I really like the change to the ED.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Nov 28, 2018 3:51 PM

Oct 2018
Did anyone else feel that it was fast paced? It had many scenes and most of them were hollow. I also find Mai telling Sakuta not to open the cabinet a bit weird. Is she testing him? And wouldn't Sakuta actually opening them be out of character?
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every single time." — Kaname Madoka
Nov 28, 2018 3:57 PM

Nov 2008
Emiya_Fanboi said:
Did anyone else feel that it was fast paced? It had many scenes and most of them were hollow. I also find Mai telling Sakuta not to open the cabinet a bit weird. Is she testing him? And wouldn't Sakuta actually opening them be out of character?

It can't be as simple as that. He wouldn't have done anything if she never mentioned the cabinet, so maybe she's reverse psychologying him? If not then that is kinda lazy writing.
Nov 28, 2018 4:01 PM
Mar 2018
Am I going crazy or did they change the number of episodes from 24 to 13? Cause I'm very sure it had Darling in the Franxx potential...
Nov 28, 2018 4:04 PM

Oct 2018
Keirik said:
Emiya_Fanboi said:

It can't be as simple as that. He wouldn't have done anything if she never mentioned the cabinet, so maybe she's reverse psychologying him? If not then that is kinda lazy writing.

I thought about the reverse psychology thing as well but she could've asked him directly to open it and he wouldn't refuse. It has also been established that Sakuta is trustworthy so unless he has a reason to open it aside from his curiosity it would be out of character imo.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every single time." — Kaname Madoka
Nov 28, 2018 4:16 PM
Apr 2013
Vdy said:
How great of a seiyuu Asami Seto, she's literally acted as 2 characters, Mai's body has someone else's soul in it, noted how different she portrays Nodoka than when she does Mai.

Yes she is good. Most VA has more than one type of voices, but its more amazing when in the same voice you acted differently, like Seto to Mai and then Nodoka in Mai body.

On the other hand, I dont think Uchida Maaya does Mai too well. She made Mai in Nodoka body sound too flat, too cold. The usual voice tone of Mai feel more warm and kind.

Or maybe thats just me since I often pay attention to VAs.
Nov 28, 2018 4:17 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, this show hasn't disappointed me once.

So this new girl is Mai-san's sister, I do admit that it's kinda weird watching Mai-san act a little differently but it's fine since it makes for good shots. xD

I wonder what's in the cabinet, probably the key to turning this situation around.
Nov 28, 2018 4:18 PM

Jan 2018
Second ed still best ed
Nov 28, 2018 4:31 PM

Aug 2017
I felt this episode short. I want more.

A body swapping.....mmmmm....We'll see what happens.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 28, 2018 5:30 PM

Aug 2018
What a big boy cliff hanger got dam. Also, did anyone else watch the after credits and see and hear a third person?
Nov 28, 2018 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
entertaining episode

they actually had a somewhat normal conversation with that rude af girlfriend ,and

another one joins the harem i swear each week a new girl wants to sleep at his place for whatever reason
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

277 by kratchy »»
Yesterday, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

205 by D_1_0 »»
May 5, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Apr 25, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.