Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2018 10:26 AM

Oct 2018
Funny episode. Well, I hope Prince will survive this intense training. He will definetely need more butterflies.
Looking forward to next episode.
Oct 17, 2018 11:38 AM

Dec 2016
OMG! That Price guy is so relatable. And for only that reason, I think he will become my favourite character of the whole show.

I don't mind doing any physical exercise or going hiking, but please don't tell me to run long distances, much less 10 KM!!! because I would literally end up pleading for mercy. xD
Oct 17, 2018 12:09 PM

Aug 2016
Awesome episode, this show is my favourite for the season, it's nice to have a proper drama series. I do have one question though.

So the girl runs down the hill and holds her skirt to stop a revealing panties shot. Then
the guys state that main guy dating a highschool wasn't probable, as she is too young.

Are we sure this is actually anime?

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 17, 2018 12:29 PM

Dec 2016
Gahdamn I love this show, and pretty much all sport shows lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 17, 2018 12:40 PM
Feb 2012
has there's never been a guy that's gone clubbing in any male sports show?

I thought all of their personalities would be copy-paste from the usual but they're not and i'm surprised
Oct 17, 2018 1:00 PM

May 2010
Evil brown-haired guy is officially an anime villain.
Oct 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2016
I'm seriously into this already and I'm veeeeeeery happy cause I don't think we've had a nice sports anime in a while.
We finally see them running! I love these boys? They're all unique in their own way and I like that they're in uni. It makes it a little less cheesy (at least for me). I gotta say although it has been mentioned already, Kakeru is Kageyama 2.0 and he's so boring. I get zero vibes from him. And the cute kawaii bubbly manager is just ugggghhhh...they just can't help themselves, huh, they gotta have one. Ffs
Haiji is a treasure, at least. What a sh*tface!! He knows exactly what he's doing and he's not going to back down until he has it all. Also for some reason it feels like they blew the entire budget on his face.
Akane face first in the grass was so relatable I almost cried.

Can't wait for more.
Oct 17, 2018 1:35 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode, Prince's shirt describes precisely his presence in the track team and his scenes are very hilarious.
That guy in the end is probably one of the Kakeru's former teammates: I wonder how Haiji will react in the next episode.
Oct 17, 2018 3:12 PM

Jun 2016
One could say that Kurahara is kinda destroying the mood and all but to be honest: He is just being realistic. I liked how the twins actually confronted him directly. That was something I was actually looking forward to. ^^

P.S. This is my favourite series of the current season! (atleast so far)
Oct 17, 2018 4:09 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
NdanHM said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
Good episode, it was hilarious to see King’s struggles and nice to see the intricate natural Character interactions between the cast.

I lol’d when King came up with the glorious quote of the meaning of being true to oneself and the importance’s of that in deterring a person and his “Why?” shirt xD. The twin brothers getting completely fooled because of the girl is a big *facepalm* but hilarious nevertheless. Looks like we’re going to see the backstory of our main character next episode so I’m looking forward to seeing why he’s been so half-assed and reluctant when it comes to relays.

On another note. to be frankly honest, this show is just not clicking in for me. I’m really enjoying the stunning soundtrack, great production value but the Character of Haiji and Kakeru has really been bothering me for a while now. I really liked and geniunely enjoyed the first episode but I just couldn’t seem to enjoy the later two as much. Haiji’s sheer persistence and narrow-minded dream forcing all the other members have been hilarious, for sure, but the way the other characters fall for them just makes it a drag to watch. It’d make more sense for them to leave the dorm than to actually keep up with Haiji’s selfishness. Regarding Kakeru’s behaviour though, the twins really hit the mark there, he’s been participating in the runs but actively discouraging the others in the meantime(irony, much?). Well, but that’s about it for the downsides, the rest has been pretty good so far.

let me correct something
King is Ppl who wearing Yellow Jersey
Prince is wearing white shirt with phrase "Naze?"

I’m aware of that, “Why” (translated to English) shirt like I mentioned above.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 17, 2018 6:40 PM

Mar 2009
fuyuki said:
I'm here to deliver a small collection of priceless screenshots~

You're welcome.

Prince is me before and right after the gym. Poor guy. Couldn't help but laugh lol.

As for the rest of the episode...well, I guess that's one way to motivate them!
Oct 18, 2018 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
damn! I can still tolerate the persuasiveness of Haiji, but if something happens to one of the members like injuries, who would take responsibility?
there some things that aren't meant to force people to do that they can't do...
3/5.

Oct 18, 2018 12:54 AM

Sep 2011
Tsarko said:
I love how they got motivated when the girl is present, reminded me a lot of my team lol.
Prince should try switching his jeans with something more suitable for running. It would make it a bit easier for him.

And that guy at the end looks like Matou Shinji to me. Wonder if they are both dicks as well, wouldn't surprise me.

I'm glad I ain't the only one who noticed that he's a Shinji looking motherfucker™.
Oct 18, 2018 7:01 PM
Sep 2018
I just hope this show doesn't end like hanebado.. (a sports anime that just focused on trauma 90% of the time..) Fortunately, this show will have 23 episodes so there is time to develop the character's personalities and make a great storytelling. Let's see how it goes on.
Oct 19, 2018 5:38 AM

Apr 2015
Haiji's antics are irritating, manipulating and headstrong
Not a usual fan of sports anime, so this needs to convince me more to keep me onboard
Oct 19, 2018 10:29 AM
Jan 2016
I'm impressed with how Haiji approach all the members, I think he can throw away all of his pride for competing in Hakone Ekiden...but I really like people like him, it's important to have people like him in your team...and yeah Kurahara, what's your deal? Why you always keep commenting the ones who want to keep trying and trying? I know it's almost like an impossible task, but why you are so pesimistic in the very beginning?
Oct 20, 2018 6:39 AM

May 2015
zwolf12 said:
ArtG1 said:
Omg hahaha poor Prince. I was laughing during the whole episode thanks to him XD.
Loving every character so far.
Wonder why Kurahara is still running with them, but still trying to demotivate them not to run the marathon.

Because he would be running anyway. He was running before he met the guys and found the apartment, so why would he stop? Just his daily routine anyway.

True, but he also participates in their routines and discourages them not to run? So my point is, why not just run a different route and let them be.
I understand he just tries to be realistic.
Oct 20, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2010
ArtG1 said:
zwolf12 said:

Because he would be running anyway. He was running before he met the guys and found the apartment, so why would he stop? Just his daily routine anyway.

True, but he also participates in their routines and discourages them not to run? So my point is, why not just run a different route and let them be.

Well, that is what he did. He participated to see what this is about and ran alone after 3-4 days because he saw it was leading nowhere. I also don't think that he is saying that they shouldn't run (he obviously likes running), but he wants them to run for the right reasons and he just sees the reason they are given (a 20km highly competitive half marathon distance) as unreasonable and as someone with a decent knowledge in sports mechanics i have to agree.
Maybe they could do that, but starting with a timed run every day will crush them before it gives them any benefits (in reality we will see in the anime). That method is ok for the people that are already trained to keep up their level to a decent point, but it is poison for people with no muscular experience. (you basically feed bad running habits if you run every day with sore muscels, because running is repetition and repeating something you can't repeat the right way because of aching muscles leads to unclean running which in turn leads to ineffective running, and lots of other medical problems)

On the other hand for people that feel with Prince, he is so thin that he could be one of the best runners later on because he has no excess fat and will only build muscles (granted the right meals) and with the right training regimen could destroy shit in a few month (but not the way the train him right now, that would just destroy his body in reality and lead to way slower growth than keeping it slow at the start with shorter breaks in training later on).
Oct 20, 2018 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
I'm really sad by the fact that this anime isn't getting much attention. As a someone who dislike Sports genre, this anime is awesome ! I really like it, characters are cool and somehow mature. Not like the other high-school + sports animes.

I hope they impress me more in the upcoming episodes tho :D
Oct 21, 2018 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely underrated gem of the season. Probably my favorite until now. I'm glad I picked it up.
Oct 22, 2018 2:25 AM

Aug 2017
Hanako is a good addition to encourage the boys. Prince is the funniest member of the group. Why Kurahara wants to work alone? The guy at the end knows him.

Haiji is still insisting about Hakone Ekiden lol. It seems that the race is very difficult as Kakeru says.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 22, 2018 8:17 AM

Jan 2018
"MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA" Is that a jojo's reference??

Good episode, the twins are my favourite characters.
Oct 23, 2018 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
i am kinda satisfied when the twins question kageya.. i mean kakeru.
Oct 23, 2018 12:07 PM

May 2015
zwolf12 said:
ArtG1 said:

Well, that is what he did. He participated to see what this is about and ran alone after 3-4 days because he saw it was leading nowhere. I also don't think that he is saying that they shouldn't run (he obviously likes running), but he wants them to run for the right reasons and he just sees the reason they are given (a 20km highly competitive half marathon distance) as unreasonable and as someone with a decent knowledge in sports mechanics i have to agree.
Maybe they could do that, but starting with a timed run every day will crush them before it gives them any benefits (in reality we will see in the anime). That method is ok for the people that are already trained to keep up their level to a decent point, but it is poison for people with no muscular experience. (you basically feed bad running habits if you run every day with sore muscels, because running is repetition and repeating something you can't repeat the right way because of aching muscles leads to unclean running which in turn leads to ineffective running, and lots of other medical problems)

On the other hand for people that feel with Prince, he is so thin that he could be one of the best runners later on because he has no excess fat and will only build muscles (granted the right meals) and with the right training regimen could destroy shit in a few month (but not the way the train him right now, that would just destroy his body in reality and lead to way slower growth than keeping it slow at the start with shorter breaks in training later on).

Thanks for the explanation! :) Didn't even know you'd basically crush yourself by starting with a timed run as a beginner :o.
I just thought the twins' statements were interesting ('What are you afraid of? You're fast. Who cares? Run with us').
Oct 23, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
I also want to know the reason why Haiji even started this mess but there's still like 20 episodes so I'm sure he'll have his backstory soon. They already kinda hinted at it in episode 1 with his injury.

I'm just hoping the quality won't drop, animation, OST and writing has been top tier so far.
Oct 28, 2018 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
Hanako is cute but that name reminds me of the Japanese ghost that haunts bathrooms and all the hentais she's been in.

I think Hanako might have a crush on Haiji, she seems to admire him but who knows? It might shift to Kakeru.

Loved seeing the guys change their outlook on running altogether. Kakeru is more experienced but has a pessimistic attitude. I still want to know why he stole some yakisoba pan on the first episode.

Best part of the series: seeing Akane, the Haruhara Haruko clone, die every time they went out to run. He's my favorite character now but I also like Musa, Kakeru, Nico-senpai, Yukihiro and the twins. Basically, I love everyone but Haiji is a little low on the list. He is determined and I find that awesome, I love determined people but the way he's going about with the guys is not cool. Then again, it's used for comedic purposes.
臭い-
Oct 29, 2018 9:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new charactater appears, Kurahara friends or Kuraharas nightmare?
Hilarious when the "Oni" said to the twins how many women can they get with just running the race!!!! kekeke
Nov 1, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2016
Thorf said:
"MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA" Is that a jojo's reference??

Good episode, the twins are my favourite characters.

I know someone would mentioned about the Jojo's reference ahaha
Nov 10, 2018 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
Shinji gotta try to stir up shit even outside of Fate.
Nov 14, 2018 10:16 AM
Sep 2017
Is really cool how you can see the influence of Haikyuu in this anime is just amazingly fun to watch.

The Jojo references are on point too.

Seems like Kakeru has a interesting backstory, it would be interesting to see what they do with his character.
Nov 26, 2018 3:39 AM

Mar 2017
Shinji Matou Alter makes his appearance lol

still a douchebag though
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 29, 2018 4:22 AM

Sep 2018
Satisfactory this episode. I liked the story despite not being as intriguing as in the previous episode. The character of Haji remains the best, but also that of Ouji is emerging strongly by anonymity, however the rest of the cast is nice to follow; finally the feminine element has arrived and also the red round also here. LOL
May 6, 2019 3:59 AM

Dec 2013
Oh, so Hanako will continue helping them? It was really funny when the guys got excited when Hanako showed up and then prince just stand there blankly lmao. Haiji is really sly, but he's so determined. The twins are correct, what makes Kakeru seems to be so afraid? I have a bad feeling about that red haired guy showed up in the end

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 9, 2019 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
They were tricked with a girl, lol.
May 20, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2013
I wonder if that redhead is the guy in the flashback that was on the ground getting yelled at :3

The twins were right. Kakeru needs to chill and just give it a shot lol. He's good at running away, like Haiji said.

Manga boi, gambatte! x'D
Aug 17, 2019 2:58 PM
Apr 2016
Seems like everyone's still extremely reluctant, well, he managed to convince most of them now.
Sep 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao those twins are funny
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 29, 2021 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
Seems like that red haired guy knows Kakeru...

Aug 22, 2021 1:35 PM

Aug 2021
Finally a episode with Running from the last 2 buildups
So everyone is really weak till now even Kurohara is slower than the elite runners

Some brown-red head whom kurohara knows from past appeared my guess is he is a better runner than kurohara
Jun 24, 2022 5:05 AM

Feb 2021
it's still early in the series, but i do appreciate how Kurahara's complaints weighed with reason. they aren't dragged out and be made to look like angst (ahm Battery, you piece of shit). he has a point, it's reckless to go any further when the sole backbone of the team is one person whose reasons for joining are not even clear. i also do like how they didn't ditch the meetup in the first episode, and how Kurahara's living circumstances prevented him from turning down the offer.
Jul 17, 2023 2:29 PM

Jan 2021
Prince pushing 5km under 16.30 seems impossible, I hope he doesn't just pull numbers from nowhere 
Jul 18, 2023 2:02 PM
Aug 2022
My gawd, Kageyama and his lover are unbearable. Kageyama's bitching is awful. And the other guy is a dick seriously. What? Does he have cancer or something, as his last wish he wants to run?
There is no explanation to his bullying other guys.

I was wondering why this is not a shonen. And boy it is not a shonen.

Dog and the manga dude are awesome. 
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM
Jul 2017
more and more backstory is getting revealed. this may be a sleeper anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.