Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I have to admit...even as a show about cheerleading, that Kohane girl has a lot of energy.

We meet most of the main character cast which I think is kinda diverse. I think Hizume might be the most mature of the group so far. Nontheless, Kohane is such an energetic light bulb even in the classroom.

Cute show. It's pretty much what it is but fairly fun to watch. Adorable ED theme song.
Oct 7, 2018 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
I'm 3 minutes into it and I want to drop it already. Someone convince me other wise. Freaking cheer-leading show and the animation is God awful. The faces all stayed the same! GIVE ME SOMETHING

UPDATE: Ill give it two more episode. It made me laugh a little bit and I enjoy an anime about self improving and a little dark past. Plus the ED was upbeat and fun.

Uki and Arima are tied for best Girl atm.
SoraSenpaiOct 7, 2018 9:52 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 7, 2018 9:35 AM

Jun 2015
That wasn't really good, but I like cute girl shows and the song at the start was kinda nice
Oct 7, 2018 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
Its CGDCT show, thats all there is need to be said.

So just ...

Give me more.
Oct 7, 2018 9:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
CHAIR!

Nice, i liked this. Had a compelling backstory from the get-go for Hizume. MC girl is very nice helping out people, she even takes risks to help out Hizune (fear of heights).

I guess, we will see training for her and the struggles for now which will be good and needed for a sports anime.
Oct 7, 2018 10:20 AM

Mar 2018
Well this will be my weekly dosis of moe. Fun episode, very cute.
Oct 7, 2018 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
That was very cringey. I may be insane but Kohane's voice was so godawful and screeching to my ears. It almost hit Asta from Black Clover levels of awful for me.
Oct 7, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2011
If you don't like this, just go back to Jojo.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Oct 7, 2018 10:31 AM

May 2014
I think I just found my moe comedy of the season, this is just too nice and cute.
Oct 7, 2018 10:48 AM

Mar 2018
This seems to be fun, will be my sunday moe dosis so i'll be staying... at least for 3 eps for sure...

It reminded me Spring season' Comic Girls
CGDCT
Oct 7, 2018 11:30 AM

Mar 2017
animejas said:
That was very cringey. I may be insane but Kohane's voice was so godawful and screeching to my ears. It almost hit Asta from Black Clover levels of awful for me.
I don't get why you dislike it this much. Reminds me a lot of comic girls.
Oct 7, 2018 11:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The performance sure made quite the impact on Kohane and it was cute seeing how determined she is to take up cheerleading. It's quite hillarious that Kohane keeps mistaking cheer for chair though. Kohana's cheer looked more like a curse. Kohane's attempts to motivate Hizume and her attempts to overcome her own weakness sure was impressive and im glad that it worked at convincing her. An entertaining episode that introduced some interesting characters and a refreshingly new theme with it. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Kohane really is full of energy though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 11:46 AM
Dec 2017
Ericonator said:
I think I just found my moe comedy of the season, this is just too nice and cute.

Same, really enjoying this first episode. MC reminds me a bit of Kaos-chan.
Oct 7, 2018 12:15 PM

Jul 2017
Dear lord, this is too good. Great even.

Pros:
+ Great art style. Simple, yet cute.
+ The OP is probably going to be the best of the season, or at least near the top.
+ Comedy wasn't too overbearing. That and the actual story balanced out nicely.
+ Kohane is a very likable protagonist.
+ Overall, great so far.

Cons:
+ There were the obvious sports anime tropes included. Though it seemed like it was rushing to get those out of the way, so that's good. Hopefully it'll die down as the episodes go on.

Overall, probably my favorite of the season, even if I'm in the minority. I can get how it's not everybody's show though.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Oct 7, 2018 12:42 PM

Aug 2012
This is a cute show about chairleading.
Oct 7, 2018 12:56 PM
Feb 2012
it's terrible but it's not trying to fool anyone so that's okay
Oct 7, 2018 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
I can only find one word to summarize my feelings for this series.

"Eh."
Oct 7, 2018 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
It's like I was watching Comic Girls but about cheerleading. Can't say I'm a fan of the other two girls we haven't gotten yet, one of them needs blue hair.
Oct 7, 2018 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
Doga Kobo and cute girls are just a great match.

And this has so much energy, love it so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
Paul said:
It's like I was watching Comic Girls but about cheerleading. Can't say I'm a fan of the other two girls we haven't gotten yet, one of them needs blue hair.
TheseusR said:
Ericonator said:

Brandon2149 said:
animejas said:
FMmatron said:

Its also so yuri-ish? Or the reason for the similarity in the personalities of the characters and their traits?
Oct 7, 2018 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
english version of the song "love & joy" is pretty good.
Oct 7, 2018 2:52 PM
Oct 2018
If you are a fan of Cure Yell then this show definitely has a similar genki type girl. Recommended in this case though the production value differs.
Oct 7, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2018
If I only had half the energy of kohane...
Very cute and funny first episode. Looking forward for more!
Oct 7, 2018 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
RobertBobert said:
Paul said:
TheseusR said:

Brandon2149 said:
FMmatron said:

Its also so yuri-ish? Or the reason for the similarity in the personalities of the characters and their traits?

I didn't notice any yuri vibes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 4:25 PM

Jan 2011
first seconds of the opening song i was like i feel like i know this..then i realized it was a English cover of love and joy lol so random

not much to say Doga Kobo doing what they do best CGDCT now it's cheerleading even if it seems like it's their B team the animation for the dances should be good.

Oct 7, 2018 4:31 PM

Jul 2017
Brandon2149 said:
animejas said:

Comic Girls was much, much better for me than this. The main girl here was really annoying and the animation was nowhere as good as that show.
Oct 7, 2018 4:36 PM

Jul 2017
Hmm, CDGCT again eh? Though now that last C stands for Chair...oh sorry Lols, I meant Cheerleading!

Fairly good episode overall, not as detailed as Comic Girls but could be a moe blob for the season.

animejas said:

Comic Girls was much, much better for me than this. The main girl here was really annoying and the animation was nowhere as good as that show.

Have you watched Kemono Friends? The MC VA also did Serval.

KANLen09Oct 7, 2018 4:40 PM
Oct 7, 2018 4:46 PM

Jul 2017
KANLen09 said:
Hmm, CDGCT again eh? Though now that last C stands for Chair...oh sorry Lols, I meant Cheerleading!

Fairly good episode overall, not as detailed as Comic Girls but could be a moe blob for the season.

animejas said:

Have you watched Kemono Friends? The MC VA also did Serval.

Nope I have not seen it.
Oct 7, 2018 4:54 PM

Dec 2016
Jeesus! Kohane have too much energy!! I feel for Arima =w=

How amusing for a first episode. Not bad, not bad at all! ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 7, 2018 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
Tbh this was actually good. I don't see the dislike for this at least for now. I mean sure the MC is stupid as a rock but I don't mind it for now, as long it doesn't end up "fucking" stupid levels. The only flaw I can see is that the ED song is a pretty cringey tbh.

Oct 7, 2018 7:10 PM

Oct 2010
first few minutes made me hate it and the jokes were weak overall but it wasn't awful
KougeruOct 7, 2018 7:32 PM
Oct 7, 2018 7:44 PM
Feb 2017
TheseusR said:
Ericonator said:

A bit? She sounds exactly like Kaos-sensei. I was startled to find her CV was Serval, because she doesn't really sound much like Serval at all. Either they swapped the cast at the last minute, or maybe she has the power to make different voices... called acting.
Oct 7, 2018 8:17 PM

Sep 2011
animejas said:

Completely agree, this show is damn near unwatchable. That, and the godawful frame rate...
We Were Here, Two Thousand Years Ago
Oct 7, 2018 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
I felt this episode kind of lacking... I don't know. I guess I just need to give this show more episodes for it to hopefully improve. And since it's from Doga Kobo, I expect it to be more interesting, well... as interesting as a CGDCT anime can get, that is.

Not much else to say aside from that. I think the characters are okay although I find Kohane kind of annoying. Uki is the only one I like so far so I hope the rest of the cast to be more likeable.

P.S.: Really? Aside from the hair colour, this show doesn't resemble Comic Girls in anything at all. Or that's what I think at least.
Oct 7, 2018 8:48 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I do like the character designs. Nice job Doga Kobo! I just wasn't all that invested with the drama bit, but I think it was necessary to build up the friendship with Kohane and Hizume?

The OP (which is currently the ED for the first episode, I'm sure) is so lively and cheerful! ;D

For me, this feels like a bit of a weak start for this series, but hopefully it'll become much better later on with the other main characters to be introduced.
Oct 8, 2018 5:17 AM

Oct 2007
Better than what I've expected. Cute characters and Kohane made me laugh a few times. Face her fears to climb a tree, and the courage to just jump off.. can't wait to see the training sessions that they would be doing. :D
Oct 8, 2018 6:44 AM

Mar 2016
Almost didn't watch this for stupid reasons, but I ended up loving almost everything about this episode. Genuinely funny, a lot of heart, and I really like the designs.
Oct 8, 2018 6:48 AM

May 2010
Really enjoyed the humor in this show so i gonna pick it up even even if its not the kind of show i usually watch.

It made me laugh a few times and thats worth alot.

Nice first episode too.
Oct 8, 2018 7:19 AM

Aug 2018
I do like the 'cute girls do cute stuff' setting, but I nowadays don't really can trust pink haired anime girls with red eyes. But if she is affraid of heights (like how I did back when I was a kid) and really want to be a chairleader (sorry, I had too) I think I can trust her for now. We'll see how this show progress.

I'd say "3 out of 5: It was OK" for the episode.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 8, 2018 9:19 AM

Oct 2013
First song... a remix of Love & Joy ?
OKAY YOU HIT MY NOSTALGIC FILTER I'm in for the moe
Oct 8, 2018 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
Cute episode!
Nothing fantastic but should be a fun watch
Oct 8, 2018 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
OMG so cute!
Yeah, Doga Kobo is my favourite studio, for sure.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 8, 2018 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
Finally a cheer leading anime with cute girls and not boys. I love the cheerleading performance at the start with the english version Love & Joy. Hanako is okay. She's very energetic and funny. its has some small cute & funny moments. Animation quality is good. I don't know why some say its horrible. I mean just look at that performance at the start.Its not the best of the season, but its far from horrible or bad. If they think its bad just watch Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto Dakedo Imouto ja Nai.

Its a lighthearted and undemanding anime to enjoy and unwind. Also, cute girls do cheerleading.

Hoping it'll be more fun in future episodes.
MagitoOct 12, 2018 10:50 AM
Oct 8, 2018 7:10 PM

Mar 2016
Yeah.... many people are pissed off with kohane personal character that have so many energy.

I think the adaptation is really solid there despite this is from 4-koma manga. Good job Doga Kobo. Your staff always did a good work with stuff from yonkoma manga adaptation

Also the content in this anime are from the source itself (including the bad jokes there). I don't get why people really upset with that.

And finally, i find it really refreshing me to watching after get tired working for a whole day. I know its a weak start, but i bet it will getting better and better in next episode

P.S : Kohane = reverse Kaos-chan

Oct 8, 2018 8:17 PM

Feb 2013
Loli cheer squad.

I expected to insta drop, but the jokes were cutely silly. I don't know if I'll finish it, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.
Oct 8, 2018 9:23 PM

Sep 2015
So far it reminds me a lot of Sansha Sanyou.

It's a bit of an average start, but I have faith in Doga Kobo to make this really good.
Oct 9, 2018 3:47 AM

Oct 2008
This show is so cute I like it!
4/5.

Oct 9, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2013
doesn't seem too interesting, feels like a good show to practice watching without subtitles
lol
Oct 9, 2018 6:47 AM

Apr 2012
What can I say? As expected, this is a fairly generic CGDCT title, but as always, the excellent work of the Doga Kobo and the rather charismatic MC did their job, I liked it.

She herself somehow reminded me of a more mentally healthy version of Yuki from GakkouGurashi.
Oct 9, 2018 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
Nice and funny (CHAIR) first episode although I must say that I liked more Uki and Arima than the MC.
I see that many compare it with Comic Girls but in my case I only see it in the character designs, we have Kaos, Koyume and Ruki xD.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

29 by wildhood »»
Apr 20, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2018

23 by Deazu »»
Jan 17, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2018

41 by Deazu »»
Jan 13, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

32 by Deazu »»
Jan 10, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2018

46 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.