Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chio's School Road
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that power up. That's almost some Super Saiyan-level shit right there. Madoka is hilarious to watch.

Another favorite part of this episode is when Chio was hanging from that bridge. She's like a ninja lmao. I love watching Chio and Manana together in this series.
Aug 10, 2018 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
Yuri Intensifies

Also how they at the same time decided to use each other names at the end was priceless lol xD
Aug 10, 2018 8:33 AM

Mar 2018
Fuck that was creepy

second half though, greatness like I expect of this anime
Aug 10, 2018 9:14 AM

Jul 2017
That first half was horrible. Offensive even.
Imagine this getting shown on American TV. It'd be ripped to shreds by the media.

The second half was pretty good though.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Aug 10, 2018 9:33 AM

Feb 2016
Lol, that first half was really inappropriate.

Second half was really amusing, poor Chio, she exhausted her stamina (I wonder where did that Assassin's Creed stamina went to)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 10, 2018 10:49 AM
Jun 2016
Groenboys said:
Fuck that was creepy

Creepy cause the bum was included, but Kushi Senpai and how each character used each other as scapegoats was effin' hilarious and it made me forget about the guy. this show always feels so short dam it 1 whole week plus its alrdy halfway over lol.
*cries in a corner* This, Grand Blue & How Not To Summon A Demonlord have been my comedies for this summer.
Aug 10, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2017
I freaking love the Chio / Manana duo! They are so cute when they are talking shit on each other. That bridge scene was hilarious and intense! I didn't the like the first half not because I am offended like a lil bitch, but because it simply went on too long considering it had just a single half-baked joke (which is "groping is funny"). The flashback was kinda unnecessary, too.
Aug 10, 2018 2:30 PM
Jul 2015
JapAnimeGuru said:
Groenboys said:
Fuck that was creepy

Creepy cause the bum was included, but Kushi Senpai and how each character used each other as scapegoats was effin' hilarious and it made me forget about the guy. this show always feels so short dam it 1 whole week plus its alrdy halfway over lol.
*cries in a corner* This, Grand Blue & How Not To Summon A Demonlord have been my comedies for this summer.

I'll have to disagree Kushi is pure cringe. Making the creepy pervert character and girl doesn't make it suddenly funny.
Aug 10, 2018 3:12 PM

May 2017
The first half of the episode wasn't that great, it just felt weird compared to the regular comedy in this show and didn't fit.
The other half though, that was hilarious in my opinion. I gotta love the little yuri moments I'm sorry. Chio and Manana in this series are fucking hilarious.
Aug 10, 2018 3:14 PM
Jul 2017
Manana Rocket, FIRE!!!
Aug 10, 2018 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
I can so relate to Chio's game brain.
Aug 10, 2018 6:48 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah the first half was a little to much for me lol I didn't really find it funny but instead I found it simply uncomfortable

Second half was good :)
Aug 10, 2018 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Oh but I really found Kushi-sempai funny after all :/ and the Kabaddi episode was one of my favourites.

But yeah, I think the segment was longer than expected, especially for the "long" flashback before Kushi's realization.

The second part the best tho. Especially when it's just about Chio and Manana only. Their interactions are always hilarious.
Aug 10, 2018 8:06 PM

Dec 2016
I think the episode was good, well... except for that creepy guy xD

However, I found the second part even better, poor Chio... at least in the end she and Manana were rescued by that pedestrian.
Aug 10, 2018 8:34 PM

Feb 2015
Good asses are just hard to really not spank or grope. The 2nd part were very amusing primarily because good thing I never did anything in-game and replicate it irl.
Aug 10, 2018 9:00 PM
Jun 2016
hehe minorly disapointed we havn't had anything as crazy as the first 3 episodes, but some how so much better :> Even if first half was yeah creepy :>
Aug 10, 2018 9:39 PM

Jan 2015
This is the first episode of this series that did not have me laughing hysterically, the whole way through... The only two big chuckles that it got out of me, was when the little naked Chio was grappling onto Kushitori’s giant bosom — which was visually hilarious, during what was otherwise a pervy, creep-fest.

And the other was when it appeared as though Chio-chan might’ve been thinking of a Stealth Action Game, akin to the likes of Metal Gear Solid — not for the first time, in the series — side glancing around corners, looking for wanton enemies, and trying to grapple onto the underside of that bridge. XD
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 11, 2018 8:14 AM
Feb 2016
I can't believe so many people are getting offended over comedy. The entire episode was hilarious.
Aug 11, 2018 8:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It was an evenly dull and/or hilarious episode for me. First half was definitely hilarious at first but then got a little clingy along the way while the second half was a plethora of dullness and ridiculousness.

Looks like we’ll be getting to see a new character next epsiode, so I’m kind of looking forward to that.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Comedy really depends a lot on the viewer I think.

I think I get the jokes, but I find none of them funny.
Aug 11, 2018 8:05 PM
Jul 2015
Sande said:
I can't believe so many people are getting offended over comedy. The entire episode was hilarious.

The thing is the first half was boring. Oh look it's that old pervert character everyone was already sick of at ten years ago, but they're a high school girl now, and can get away with it (for some reason). So all that's left is cringe, not offence, just pure cringe.
Aug 12, 2018 1:07 AM

Jul 2014
To hell with kabbadi and to hell with kabbadi girl: it wasn't funny the first time, and it wasn't funny this time. In fact, it started to border on uncomfortable to watch. At this point, I am seriously hoping she never appears again, or this show will start to ruin all the good it has going for itself. Second half of the episode took too long to get to the joke and was pretty boring, not least because it covered ground that this show has already addressed previously.

Terrible episode, but hopefully this is just a blip in what has otherwise been a pretty good comedy.
Aug 12, 2018 5:15 PM

Dec 2016
Quite possibly the most ass grabbing I've ever seen in a 13 minute span of anime, simply incredible and also a great addition to the culture of man
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 12, 2018 5:23 PM

Mar 2018
HereticHunter said:

Second half was really amusing, poor Chio, she exhausted her stamina (I wonder where did that Assassin's Creed stamina went to)

Haha I was really hoping she wouldn't be able to pull that off. A normal high schooler does not have Assassin's Creed level of stamina!

And omg, that part where she was clearing the alley... "son, remember to look both way like that girl" "Uh Huh!!!" ;-D
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Aug 12, 2018 8:35 PM
Jul 2017
I was very annoyed and disappointed by that first story. I legit thought my laptop was glitching and just repeating the same 3 seconds over and over again. Also way too much emphasis on that girl’s pervertion
Aug 13, 2018 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
Sande said:

I know right. It's pretty silly. Honestly not sure if MAL should've left their forums dead or if the entertainment value is worth the cringe.
Aug 14, 2018 6:26 PM

Oct 2008
bwahahahah! another hilarious episode!
LOL Chio and Manana made Kushitori more depraved and more of a kabaddi groper!
Chio immediately make revenge to Manana!
We have another homeless just like Hinamatsuri!?
and yes! "High school girls are the best" homeless dude is exactly correct!
2nd part was more hilarious!
getting into troublesome situations like that, is like you are not assessing yourself if you really can do dangerous like that...your ego is getting the best of you! even Manana is involved! bwahahaha!
5/5!

Aug 15, 2018 6:51 AM

Apr 2012
After watching this episode, I can't help trying to work out what the safest way for a single person to extricate them from that end bridge situation actually is.
Aug 16, 2018 2:00 PM

May 2009
I heard that CR version of episode was different than what aired in Japanese tv. Is it true?
Aug 18, 2018 8:40 AM
Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
I heard that CR version of episode was different than what aired in Japanese tv. Is it true?

In the tv broadcast during Kushitori-senpai's "trance"(drooling) scene, 'We Are The Champions' plays, which got replaced in Crunchyroll's version.
Aug 20, 2018 3:36 AM

Apr 2009
chio and manana have the most beautiful friendship ive seen in an anime i love them
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Aug 26, 2018 4:36 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! haha
The girl got crazy to touch more girls.
Sep 12, 2018 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was something.. never thought they would joke abut molesters like that… hahaha
Sep 25, 2018 6:08 AM

Aug 2017
First half was boring and long.

Second half was more funny.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 18, 2018 9:09 PM

May 2012
Another really enjoyable episode, especially that ending! Let's see what's next.
Feb 14, 2019 1:46 PM
Mar 2018
HereticHunter said:

Hanging somewhere like this is MUCH harder than just climbing. It's quite surprising. For climbing a wall "assassins creed style" I had to train ~half a year, but getting up from a hanging position is much harder. Even just hanging there is already pretty exhausting.
Feb 14, 2019 5:58 PM

Feb 2016
panda42 said:
HereticHunter said:

Hanging somewhere like this is MUCH harder than just climbing. It's quite surprising. For climbing a wall "assassins creed style" I had to train ~half a year, but getting up from a hanging position is much harder. Even just hanging there is already pretty exhausting.

I know, I've been through this while holding heavy stuff from someone. 15 minutes in and I feel like dying. I would probably rip off my arms if I try to hang like that xD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 12, 2019 11:14 PM
Oct 2018
Bruhh I came here from Nichijou, Nichibros, and Asobi, I feel personally violated by the first half
Mar 20, 2019 11:56 AM
Jun 2017
Of course the extremely childish, puerile and puritan americans got ofended by the pervy part. It's imposible for you imbeciles to discern between fiction and unrelated "hidden agenda" paranoia.
Aug 16, 2019 3:16 AM

Jan 2011
Sure dragged out that flashback bit.
Oct 28, 2019 12:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah Madoka is back, she is so funny, and that old man deserves to go to jail lol.
The bridge scene was so hilarous, I loved this episode.
Feb 15, 2020 6:31 AM

Jan 2017
the first half was hilarious imo. it may have been inappropriate, but that's why it's funny.

nice slam dunk reference at 09:10

madoka reminds me alot of hisoka, when she goes creepy mode. xD

Mar 12, 2020 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
The old man did nothing wrong he just wanted some energy
Second part is friendship goals

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 11, 2020 3:23 PM
Dec 2019
Maaaan im glad someone noticed that Mitsui Hisashi reference! One of the most hilarious scene in this anime. Loved it.
May 24, 2022 11:42 PM

Jul 2019
I think Kushitori is hilarious but also creepy and gross so it evens out.

Manana and Chio saying eachothers names. Classic!
Jul 22, 2022 4:57 PM
Mar 2021
Walker-Vargas said:
JapAnimeGuru said:

I'll have to disagree Kushi is pure cringe. Making the creepy pervert character and girl doesn't make it suddenly funny.

I agree. I hate how they made her so creepy just because she’s lesbian. I find it really offensive honestly
Sep 1, 2022 8:25 AM

Jun 2019
Chio have strong arms to hang for that long.
Oct 26, 2023 10:44 AM
Jun 2022
Got Some Dope Parts That Are Worth Rewatching & Op , Ed Kinda Grows On You . Nice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

80 by Drumbottle »»
Apr 4, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

13 by Drumbottle »»
Apr 1, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

35 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2018

34 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

25 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.