Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The mood is pretty interesting imo for this episode. It had a festival mood with everyone setting up for the event to a more mysterious vibe.

From what I remember, this is the beginning of Peter's Arc.
I actually really like Peter's character chemistry with Ai. It feels very different and mysterious. In fact, this episode's tone felt really unique for the season.
Stark700May 19, 2018 8:32 AM
May 19, 2018 8:14 AM

Apr 2010
Seems Ane-chan sempai had her soft side played with.
It was cute to watch tho and a bit mysterious which was great.
Still i hope she isn't feeling down about it.
May 19, 2018 8:29 AM

Dec 2014
It was a strange episode for Amanchu but captivating nonetheless.

Towano-sensei is totally trying to warm upto Katori-chan sensei. XD

Didn't expect the ghost story of Peter but that part where Ai trips on the stairs and he manages to help her balance her landing was magnificent.

Fun things are fun because they shine in the moment they happen and that's why they're memorable. :)
I can understand the sentiment of wanting to live in the fun moment forever but you've always gotta move on and find more fun moments.

PV seems to suggest that we're gonna go back in time to when Katori-sensei was still a student and looks like we're getting her side of the story with Peter, I'm interested.
Also, Katori-chan sensei is the school uniform is lovely. <3
May 19, 2018 8:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The school festival huh. A jungle cafe as the class theme is an interesting idea though. Pikari and Teko's auto recommend act though sure isn't popular. Getting to stay in school into the night and work alongside your fellows to prep for the school festival must be an interesting experience. Ai sure had a unusual encounter though. All from a carton of strawberry milk. To think that Peter was a ghost though. A relaxing episode that felt like it was setting the scene for the school festival next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
Blue stripes ... nice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I mean it's good ? or bad ? Or i don't know what to think about the "supernatural" aspect.

But good to see the two best girls getting focus.
May 19, 2018 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
Felt a bit like I was watching a shoujo romance xD

Very interested to see how this Peter Pan arc is going to play out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 9:28 AM

Sep 2015
The supernatural bullshit and FORCED romances that are about to come is UNREAL. Hard to believe is the same author who has been doing the start of this story.

Might be time to drop.
May 19, 2018 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, this felt like a totally different anime.

I liked the ost and the surreal mood but I kept expecting it would all be a dream like in the last 2 episodes, I mean, big sis almost gets spirited away by Peter Pan what?
Baby, daijobanai...
May 19, 2018 10:00 AM

Jan 2015
Yup, it's a MUST for a Schools' Slice of life-related "event"... Cultural Festival.
"A juice that can soothe exhausted soul" doesn't sound very promising though. xD
Nee-san senpai is a girl after all isn't she? Bought a juice and then talk to a random (cursed handsome) guy that suddenly reach her hand for a "date" (is a parallel universe) around the school. At first I really thought that Peter is Towano-sensei since his face is always concealed.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 19, 2018 10:23 AM
Dec 2015
OK OK Why the HECK are most people acting like a ghost in this show that had been as real as diving gets is natural WHY WHY!! Especially the fact that two people linking dreams in natural for this show damn you mangaka why you introducing supernatural now in season 2 AHHHH! AHEM!! Anyway still going to watch the rest of the season but just saying this is WEIRD!!!!
May 19, 2018 11:23 AM

Jul 2009
it has been a while since i read that peter chapter.

it adaptation is good.

but i dont remember Hime from the flashback
bruh
May 19, 2018 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
shiro_kai said:
The supernatural bullshit and FORCED romances that are about to come is UNREAL. Hard to believe is the same author who has been doing the start of this story.

Might be time to drop.

In reality in the manga there are several chapters with fantastic elements but they have not been adapted. The anime has focused on the most "classic" chapters (there are many chapters jumped) but the "Peter" arc is unavoidable.
In addition the "Peter" arc has been announced on three episodes: they will gather chapters scattered in several volumes.
May 19, 2018 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
NaldoB14 said:
OK OK Why the HECK are most people acting like a ghost in this show that had been as real as diving gets is natural WHY WHY!! Especially the fact that two people linking dreams in natural for this show damn you mangaka why you introducing supernatural now in season 2 AHHHH! AHEM!! Anyway still going to watch the rest of the season but just saying this is WEIRD!!!!

Mangaka ran out of ideas or suffered a CONCUSSION and thought he was the author of Natsume Yuujinchou instead of AMANCHU. ONLY explanations possible!
May 19, 2018 11:53 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Is this still about diving? Cause it kinda seems I am watching something totally different. First season had some linear story and this... well.... what? The dream episode was just weird because it had no effect, it could have easily been an OVA, don't let me get started on the halloween hunt that kept pushing romance out of nowhere and now ghosts? What's next, taking a trip to Heaven to meet angels?

And don't get me (totally) wrong, the Peter episode wasn't bad, but! The manga might have those chapters, but the episodes are so random (especially since the first season had none of that), not connected at all and just doesn't feel like a sequel but standalone random events. The focus is basically nowhere. I'm pretty disappointed.
May 19, 2018 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
ange_bleu said:
shiro_kai said:

Might be time to drop.

In reality in the manga there are several chapters with fantastic elements but they have not been adapted. The anime has focused on the most "classic" chapters (there are many chapters jumped) but the "Peter" arc is unavoidable.
In addition the "Peter" arc has been announced on three episodes: they will gather chapters scattered in several volumes.

They should have been faithful to the show so, would be much more coherent. Is not even the same anime anymore. Ai falled in love with just one meeting, and it is supposed to make sense just because of "magic". At this rate Pikari will probably be Hokage before Teko be even able to dive propperly, nice progression.

May 19, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2012
Ok, back to diving please...
May 19, 2018 12:53 PM

Apr 2015
Peter the Friendly Ghost™

I am very intrigued by the blurring of fantasy and reality this season has been doing, and am looking forward to what it eventually all adds up to or means.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 19, 2018 1:02 PM

Sep 2013
we're getting into some supernatural stuff, huh

I don't care where this story goes, I'm open for the possibilities

May 19, 2018 1:08 PM

Jan 2012
In which Peter the ghost tries to spirit Ai away. And it looks like we ain't done with him yet judging by the preview. Pretty odd for this series to go full on supernatural. Not sure how much I like it, but the night atmosphere was nice, and wanted a certain moment to last forever was certainly relatable.
May 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
I guess we're in for a two-part Peter arc. I'm not down on the supernatural elements in Amanchu. If you recall, there were a number of episodes in the brilliant Aria seasons that included otherworldly and fantasy aspects - Cait Sith episodes, the time-slip episode with the covered bridge, and others.

These were inserted into the naturalistic narrative without fanfare. I think it's Amano-san's style.
May 19, 2018 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
I do not like where the previous three episodes are going. I picked up Amanchu because it had focus and wasn't a traditional SOL. The focus was on the interactions of the characters and the beauty of the world. It was like I was being told that the real world is beautiful, and having friends to do stuff with is magical. Now these last few episodes I feel like I am being told that the fantasy worlds are better and reality is boring and ugly.

I'm willing to accept mermaid grandpa - let's admit, he was awesome. This, however, is not what I wanted from Amanchu.
May 19, 2018 2:58 PM
Jun 2016
so...first the dream supernatural,. which could just be dismissed as well a dream, but now this?
May 19, 2018 4:28 PM

May 2010
Unlike Aria supernatural event where it's related to gondola sculling and the company's teaching, it just doesn't blend well in Amanchu. If they want supernatural stuff they should just animate Roman Club.
May 19, 2018 4:36 PM

Jun 2007
Not having read the manga, I'm for one happy to see some of the mysterious and magical stories like in Aria are also here. Some of the Cait Sith episodes in Aria were some of my favorites. But I can also see that for some, this is the first Amano Kozue series, thus these elements being jarring from what has been so far a mostly grounded-in-reality slice of life anime.

Have to agree, that it does seem a bit more forcibly inserted in the Amanchu universe compared to Aria.
May 20, 2018 1:08 AM

Apr 2015
One of my single least favourite hetero ships ever. I'm not talking about Peter.

About the arc itself, I like it. It's actually partially relatable for me too, I have good memories about related events/images in my high school
May 20, 2018 1:37 AM

Mar 2014
Maaaaaaaaaannn, thats so unexpected
For the record I havent read the manga itself

Teko's professional dreamer Ep.4 is justifiable but this Ghost stuff waaaayyy fictional now

So this is the Peter Arc they were saying in some anime article I read before

So when Diving anime goes back to reality ?
May 20, 2018 6:44 AM
Jan 2017
That was a bit more into the horror genera than i was expecting.
May 20, 2018 11:42 AM

Sep 2015
Is pointless if they comeback to reallity now, the amazing atmosphere they took 12 episodes and 1 OVA to create is already ruined in a stupid urge to make the story "interesting" and kill any shoujo ai/yuri shipping. Sad.
May 20, 2018 12:20 PM

Feb 2018
I'm surprised to see how much some people seem to dislike Peter's arc. To me it's the best part of this season. Without spoiling anything, I think it plays its role in the story and actually makes sense in one of the core aspects of the show: That these special moments (school festivals, first loves) are fleeting. I like these small fantasy elements in Amano's stories. One thing is true though: That this season feels less focused than the first one; however, it brings more development to Teko's character, which I hope will be picked up in the remaining episodes after this mini-arc.
AbeldeMediciMay 20, 2018 12:24 PM
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
May 20, 2018 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
So after two episodes with dreams we have one episode with a ghost.

Okay. I guess they don't have ideas anymore so fu** the reality right ?

Edit : Oh yeah I get it, if the anime become something else, it's because the adaptation is FREAKING BAD. That's why the anime don't have sense anymore. It's a bad adaptation, they erased all the fantasy from the first season, then they saw they can't cut it anymore so they put it in anyway even if that's stupid.

The results of a BAD ADAPTATION MY FRIENDS

Welp that don't change the fact that it's stupid and convenient. Damn I'm so disappointed... This anime lied to me during like, 16 episodes.
TitadouMay 20, 2018 12:43 PM
May 20, 2018 12:56 PM

Sep 2015
AbeldeMedici said:
I'm surprised to see how much some people seem to dislike Peter's arc. To me it's the best part of this season. Without spoiling anything, I think it plays its role in the story and actually makes sense in one of the core aspects of the show: That these special moments (school festivals, first loves) are fleeting. I like these small fantasy elements in Amano's stories. One thing is true though: That this season feels less focused than the first one; however, it brings more development to Teko's character, which I hope will be picked up in the remaining episodes after this mini-arc.

I think mostly only the manga readers really enjoyed it. But now imagine you are watching a rare, nice, relaxing, mature and coherent show on TV and suddenly someone take the remote controll and change to some ramdom bullshit fairy tale romance out of nowhere, is not hard to imagine you will not like it. =(
May 20, 2018 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
How magically oriented is the manga? I don't dislike the last few episodes but I can agree it feels quite jarring, I was assuming the dream episode was more of a side what ever episode but I'm supposed to assume it is possible within that universe I guess.
May 20, 2018 1:13 PM

Feb 2018
KanameYuuki said:
How magically oriented is the manga? I don't dislike the last few episodes but I can agree it feels quite jarring, I was assuming the dream episode was more of a side what ever episode but I'm supposed to assume it is possible within that universe I guess.

If I remember correctly, it's just this mini-arc and the flying broom episode that have this tone, then the story comes back to the diving stuff.

shiro_kai said:
AbeldeMedici said:

I think mostly only the manga readers really enjoyed it. But now imagine you are watching a rare, nice, relaxing, mature and coherent show on TV and suddenly someone take the remote controll and change to some ramdom bullshit fairy tale romance out of nowhere, is not hard to imagine you will not like it. =(

Mmm I think I would have liked it as well. But maybe this mini-arc would have worked better as an OVA or specials since Amanchu is set in real world, unlike Aria, and it's true that it may feel disconnected from the general tone of the series.
AbeldeMediciMay 20, 2018 1:24 PM
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
May 20, 2018 3:12 PM
Feb 2016
i only have one question, is this filler?
May 20, 2018 4:02 PM

Jul 2015
Ah. This anime is good... but I think I said this back in the first season... I HATE Those uniforms... though now that I'm thinking about it, I think it's because it's just one long uniform dress. Like, I don't mind the color, or the length, it's just the fact that it's all connected. Ruins literally the whole thing.

Anyway, Peter manages to get close to Ai, and the scenery took on quite an interesting and mysterious look to it, I really liked it though it felt like a totally different anime. So umm... does this have supernatural in the tags?
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 20, 2018 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
This fantasy non-sense needs to stop. it's actually ruining this anime for me IMO.

First witches and now Ghosts...stop it!

AbeldeMedici said:

Mmm I think I would have liked it as well. But maybe this mini-arc would have worked better as an OVA or specials since Amanchu is set in real world, unlike Aria, and it's true that it may feel disconnected from the general tone of the series.

This I could get behind. If they made it an OVA I would be cool with it. but to be in the middle of a season like this...bold move is not paying off IMO.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 20, 2018 5:36 PM

Nov 2015
An unusual and supernatural episode, but i really like it nonetheless. Judging by the ED we will see more of peter. I hope he can learn to move on.

Katsura janai, Zura da

May 20, 2018 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
wait wha as the episode went on i got more and more confused because i couldn't see how this wouldn't be considered supernatural with how sensei was acting, i been enjoy the Fluff of S2 but first the linking dreams which you could give it a pass since it was a dream like moment but this was full on spirit away

also Big sis senpai can't be that easy to be swayed by a random(ghost)
May 20, 2018 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know what's happening or why it's happening but this seems like a completely different show than it was just a few episodes ago, even during the first season this show was at it's best when it focused on the diving (even though there was barely any diving) and now season 2 has mermaids, linking dreams and at least two episodes focused on Peter Pan.
If they were going the supernatural route couldn't they come up with something original instead of lifting a terrible and boring story like Peter Pan?
The linking dreams episode was clever and well done but I just want this to get back to diving.
Forum Signature
May 21, 2018 1:32 AM

Feb 2018
Xplusion said:
i only have one question, is this filler?

No, it's rather a 3-episode mini-arc. But in the manga it was scattered alongside the main story, whileas in the adaptation they have put it alltogether.
May 21, 2018 5:05 AM

Sep 2010
AbeldeMedici said:

Because it was diving-focused anime, but now it's 10 times weaker Aria with really boring shojo/josei ark. For someone who read manga it may be ok, but for me this title dropped with each episode from "really nice" to "I want to skip episodes and ignore possible next season".
May 21, 2018 5:33 AM

Feb 2018
Ookami-des said:
AbeldeMedici said:

Because it was diving-focused anime, but now it's 10 times weaker Aria with really boring shojo/josei ark. For someone who read manga it may be ok, but for me this title dropped with each episode from "really nice" to "I want to skip episodes and ignore possible next season".

I partially disagree. To me the focus of the series is about enjoying the fleeting moments, diving is just the driving narrative to it. If you remember Mato-sensei's speech from the first episode, she tells her students that the most important thing is that they have fun. That is also reflected in the motto of the series, "fun for all, all for fun".

That's why I think Peter's story plays a role in this narrative, even if the tone feels disconnected from the rest of the series (and that's why I said it may have been better as an OVA): Some episodes ago, Teko was worried about her time with Pikari would eventually end, like what happened with her Tokyo friends. However, her way of reacting is accepting that time is fleeting and she has to enjoy the moment while it lasts. Back to the last episode, Ai wishes that these moments like the school festival would never end, and Peter comes in offering the opposite alternative, which is escapism.
What comes next is about the conclusion of this arc, so I hide it. Feel free to read it or wait the two remaining episodes of this mini-arc.

Amanchu is not just a series about a hobby, it is a coming of age story about growing up while keeping the ability to enjoy the beautiful moments. Which is what Mato did and the girls of the club are doing now (I'm not counting Makoto in because he seems to be the most side character of the quartet).
AbeldeMediciMay 21, 2018 5:44 AM
May 21, 2018 6:47 AM

Sep 2010
AbeldeMedici said:

I partially disagree. To me the focus of the series is about enjoying the fleeting moments, diving is just the driving narrative to it. If you remember Mato-sensei's speech from the first episode, she tells her students that the most important thing is that they have fun. That is also reflected in the motto of the series, "fun for all, all for fun".

That's why I think Peter's story plays a role in this narrative, even if the tone feels disconnected from the rest of the series (and that's why I said it may have been better as an OVA): Some episodes ago, Teko was worried about her time with Pikari would eventually end, like what happened with her Tokyo friends. However, her way of reacting is accepting that time is fleeting and she has to enjoy the moment while it lasts. Back to the last episode, Ai wishes that these moments like the school festival would never end, and Peter comes in offering the opposite alternative, which is escapism.
What comes next is about the conclusion of this arc, so I hide it. Feel free to read it or wait the two remaining episodes of this mini-arc.

Amanchu is not just a series about a hobby, it is a coming of age story about growing up while keeping the ability to enjoy the beautiful moments. Which is what Mato did and the girls of the club are doing now (I'm not counting Makoto in because he seems to be the most side character of the quartet).

I get what you're saying, but you're missing the bigger picture - Peter Pan is very superfluous attention shifting element. There is no fun to it, only obsolete concepts of XIX century adulthood. And why can't we have fun watching how schoolgirls grow up? Ah, yes, because it's "serious coming of age story" and we can't escape the concentrated banality of escapism...

But wait, we can! Fuck this ark! XD
May 21, 2018 7:04 AM

Sep 2015
AbeldeMedici said:
Ookami-des said:

You say the series is about enjoying the fleeting moments, maybe in the manga but not in the anime. So far we had a purpose to guide the adventures too. Is really easy (and cheap) to make "fleeting" and "beautiful " moments when you have magic to build the wolrd, but we didnt need that so far to make delightful and touch moments. You dont have to appeal to a consecrated work just to make a point about escapism and youth. She did great just exploring the real aspects of life so far and was wondeful because of that, because was REAL. It really just looks like she lacked out of ideas.
May 21, 2018 7:33 AM

Feb 2018
shiro_kai said:
AbeldeMedici said:

You say the series is about enjoying the fleeting moments, maybe in the manga but not in the anime. So far we had a purpose to guide the adventures too. Is really easy (and cheap) to make "fleeting" and "beautiful " moments when you have magic to build the wolrd, but we didnt need that so far to make delightful and touch moments. You dont have to appeal to a consecrated work just to make a point about escapism and youth. She did great just exploring the real aspects of life so far and was wondeful because of that, because was REAL. It really just looks like she lacked out of ideas.

Ookami-des said:
AbeldeMedici said:

I get what you're saying, but you're missing the bigger picture - Peter Pan is very superfluous attention shifting element. There is no fun to it, only obsolete concepts of XIX century adulthood. And why can't we have fun watching how schoolgirls grow up? Ah, yes, because it's "serious coming of age story" and we can't escape the concentrated banality of escapism...

But wait, we can! Fuck this ark! XD

Yes, she could have made without supernatural and dream stuff and it would have worked the same. But she hasn't and and to me it fits well with the overall theme of the series.

In the end it is a matter of tastes, I suppose. I happen to like this magic touch in Amano's works, I will continue to like it and you probably won't. I'll just recommend that you don't drop the series because of it, since the magic elements are really a small part of it.
May 21, 2018 8:01 AM

Sep 2010
AbeldeMedici said:

Yes, she could have made without supernatural and dream stuff and it would have worked the same. But she hasn't and and to me it fits well with the overall theme of the series.

In the end it is a matter of tastes, I suppose. I happen to like this magic touch in Amano's works, I will continue to like it and you probably won't. I'll just recommend that you don't drop the series because of it, since the magic elements are really a small part of it.

Supernatural and dream stuff in Amano's works is not a problem (they were rather sweet in Aria), but script is. Making ark of it was a bad decision.
May 21, 2018 6:50 PM

Apr 2017
People still keep nitpicking the iyashikei vibes in this diving-bait... Hysterical.. isn't it?

When Neo-Venezia narration in Aria by Amano is just felt the same as this eps. (Quite Sort of boring mundane) Showing that the series came off a bit idealistic with lots of escapism that lies on a deep sincere foreshadowing..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
May 22, 2018 9:41 AM

Feb 2016
shiro_kai said:
AbeldeMedici said:

I'm an Anime only watcher and I'm not whining because it took a "Random" turn. Considering we had a Lucid Dream episode where Teko flied and shit, this doesn't seem out of place for me. Let's see first how this arc develops, I bet there is a deep meaning by the end of this arc.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 22, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2016
As an Anime only watcher this episode felt quite different and magical, yet this anime always had that magic feel that "heals" the soul of the watcher. Those who thought this was an anime about just "diving" didn't really get the point of this series.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 22, 2018 5:07 PM

Sep 2015
HereticHunter said:
shiro_kai said:

I'm an Anime only watcher and I'm not whining because it took a "Random" turn. Considering we had a Lucid Dream episode where Teko flied and shit, this doesn't seem out of place for me. Let's see first how this arc develops, I bet there is a deep meaning by the end of this arc.

That epsiode did not affect the plot and was this season, it has no more importance than a Naruto filler. Different of this one, which apresent to us the first romantic development we have to Ai. And there is the problem, It is only happening because the magical Peter Pan decided to make us a surprise and come to play! (and conveniently the only girls affected or showed are the ones in our main cast).

You gonna have to agree that It, at least, is much more easier than create a real character and give some proper development to them.

The story loses its course, and this way we can only expect to Tinker Bell to appear next time and make some "good" and "interesting" development with Makoto. I think he is more into redheads, but a blonde one should be fine too, if not we can say it's because of the some "magic" and It will be fine.

How can someone not complain about that!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 9, 2018

10 by ryo-san »»
Aug 9, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 12 Discussion

EratiK - Aug 9, 2018

11 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 5, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 11 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

9 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 5, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 10 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 9, 2018

5 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 4, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

32 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 30, 2023 11:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.