Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 19, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dabi and his group are not messing around :o

We got Himiko attacking Deku, Compress showing off his powers, and Dabi intimidating the heroes. However, it looks like there's also some talk between the pro heroes about the recent events. Lol, All Might looks like he was comically broken for a few moments. That phone call was epic though.

Meanwhile, Bakugo is captured by villains. Cheeky bastards.
May 19, 2018 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
it's episode 45 this week, "What a Twist!" adapting chapter 82 - 83 from Volume 10 of the original source manga. The fight is on to rescue Bakugo and Tokoyami! Very nice seeing alotta characters in action, throwing down. Props to Aoyama getting over his fear enough to make a difference. But in the end it wasn't enough. Not that everyone intends to take the loss sitting down or anything. And I gotta say it feels good to see All Might again. It feels like it has been quite awhile. Just oozing that badass aura so naturally, can't wait to see him in action! XD

animefan8800May 19, 2018 2:59 AM
May 19, 2018 1:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ohhhh my dear Bakugo!!! It smell bad although this last minutes of the episode arrived the HOPE but, here the point is Bakugo!!!!
May 19, 2018 2:11 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
oh dear, poor all might. be like "CAN'T THESE DAMN KIDS STAY OUT OF TROUBLE FOR 5 SECONDS AHDJASHGDKJSHD"

or maybe that is Aizawa

I mean you saw him when he ran into midoriya

*sees injuries*
quercifoliaMay 19, 2018 2:20 AM

May 19, 2018 2:20 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Had to watch this live because it’s one of the most emotional gripping parts of the story. The cry Deku let out “Utter Defeat” shit that broke me. I don’t think anyone is gonna point out how heart breaking that moment is.

The hunt is on. It’s only going to get better from here.
May 19, 2018 2:58 AM

Jan 2017
Goddamn those villains are not messing around. Defiantly wanna see All Might go in and kick all of their asses
May 19, 2018 3:04 AM

Feb 2018
His ringtone is so awesome. his ringtone is so awesome.
May 19, 2018 3:04 AM

Aug 2016
Damn the Summer Camp arc was always one of my favourite arcs and they adapted it perfectly, another awesome episode.

Really looking forward to seeing them adapt what's coming up, I'm sure we'll be in for quite a treat.
May 19, 2018 3:07 AM

Nov 2016
A really intense episode, with a lot of build up in the middle.

The way the villains played he students was good, especially the illusionist one. I liked how many casualties were caused, added a feel of danger. It seems that there is a mole inside UA, interesting.

Second part od the episode preparing for the rescue of Bakugo, Midoriya and the others have a hard decision to make. Meanwhile All Might is ready for a counterattack.
May 19, 2018 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
as expected Momo attached a tracking device to the Nomu lol now they gonna rescue Bakugo
May 19, 2018 3:14 AM

Feb 2013
They managed to get Tokoyami back, that's something.
It's time for the rescue Bakugou plan!
May 19, 2018 3:15 AM

Sep 2014
Yep they nailed it. All the crazy fights along with the emotional breakdown after U.A. lost once Bakugo was abducted. Everything was adapted pretty well. Time for the Hideout Raid arc to start.
May 19, 2018 3:23 AM

Dec 2015
Whew, well that was very intense. MHA always managed to bring me to the brink of crying xDD

Looking forward to the next episode!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 19, 2018 3:23 AM
Sep 2015
Now I know why people ship Bakugou with Kirishima so much
May 19, 2018 3:28 AM

Mar 2010
GreeenSponge said:
Damn the Summer Camp arc was always one of my favourite arcs and they adapted it perfectly, another awesome episode.

Really looking forward to seeing them adapt what's coming up, I'm sure we'll be in for quite a treat.

I agree. Uppcoming episodes are going to be amazing. Also it's so refreshing to see it all animated, Bones doing great job! All these tiny little details in this episode, like Midoriya's eyes getting teary and the ceiling got all blurry before we saw him actually starting to cry.. And so much more. The colouring on intense moments.. oh.. Adoption is really very good so far!
May 19, 2018 3:31 AM

Jul 2017
That was amazing. The best episode of this season of this show so far.

I really am growing to love the villains in the show as they truly feel like villains I should hate whilst care for the heroes. Amazing job to this show for making me feel like that since not many shounens actually impress me since their villains suck (like Black Clover this season).

I expected Bakugo to be captured but the execution was great so I'm not complaining that it was predictable. Deku's pain after that was also greatly presented.
May 19, 2018 3:34 AM
Jan 2016
Feel like Bakugo could become an Anakin Skywalker in this situation lmao
May 19, 2018 3:44 AM

Jul 2012
Emotionally heavy episode! Incredible as always man i love Bones
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 3:52 AM

Apr 2011
Another great episode! I was full of emotion while watching this. I teared up a bit actually.

Poor Kacchan huhuhu :'(

5/5

May 19, 2018 3:54 AM

Jan 2016
Emotional episode, this is why I think that the anime of BnHA is better than the manga. Not by much but it still is, it serves its purpose of being an anime where you can hear voices, see animated scenes while not being to fast or slow paced. What I mean is that this is how an adaptations is supposed to be

All might is pissed off, oh boy we're in for it!
May 19, 2018 4:14 AM

Nov 2015
That was a good episode, It's only getting better and better
May 19, 2018 4:20 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Almost time for the Hideout Raid Arc...Up next, From Iida To Midoriya.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 4:27 AM

Sep 2015
Of course there allways some people who don't listen to teacher.

Good thing Iida remember what he do last time.

Into the Internet!
May 19, 2018 4:41 AM

Jun 2014
An action-packed, emotionally heavy episode. I swear, I felt what Deku was feeling when he let out that scream of defeat after Bakugou was captured. This concludes the Forest Training Camp arc, now we move to the Hideout Raid arc, which is probably still my favorite arc of this series (as it has the best fight of the series).

Also, can we all just take a moment to appreciate the OST? This season's music has been great, Yuuki Hayashi is an amazing composer.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 19, 2018 4:44 AM

Jan 2017
My Hero Academia being awesome as always every week. And the characters are all so very much fleshed out that I can't really complain. But there's only one nitpick of mine from the episode and that is why did Mr. Compress have to reveal that they took the wrong balls. If he hadn't reveal that then the villains would have been even more successful. You can argue that it was to convince Dabi that he had them but then again Dabi looks like he trusted Mr. Compress with the mission so he wouldn't have questioned him much.
May 19, 2018 4:56 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always, really emotional episode too.

The action in the first half was really cool but that moment when Deku screams after being unable to save Bakugou is so heartbreaking. :(
Himiko's reaction to Deku are the best. XD

Can we take a moment to appreciate how glorious All Might's ringtone is? XD

When Deku broke down after saying he was unable to save someone within his reach, I couldn't help but tear up. Deku! T.T
I feel your passion Kirishima, what the other kids are saying might be right but you gotta act now or it's never.

Momo's quick thinking back then has given the heroes a fighting chance and the ability to counterattack, let's do this!
I can't wait to see the upcoming stuff, Bones are gonna make it glorious, I just know it.
May 19, 2018 4:56 AM
Feb 2018
Can someone spoil for me what will happen in the next arc ? pretty please
May 19, 2018 4:58 AM

Jun 2017
It's getting better and better..

I love Twice he is so funny..

Sorry but that villain girl wasn't as good as everyone said..
May 19, 2018 5:03 AM
Apr 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
Of course there allways some people who don't listen to teacher.

Good thing Iida remember what he do last time.

Now the reasoning is different, however. They all would be coming to save their friend, not to exact revenge. Hopefully, they will still break them some legs and hands.
Re:formed
May 19, 2018 5:04 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Viltas said:
Nice episode. Emotional as usual. For all you manga readers:

May 19, 2018 5:05 AM

May 2014
Breathtaking episode.
Finally saw some hawt Vlad action, I hope we see more of him!

Looking forward to every week thanks to this show, SNS and Steins gate <3

May 19, 2018 5:14 AM

Dec 2013
RzN23 said:
Can someone spoil for me what will happen in the next arc ? pretty please

not really a spoil but a tease
May 19, 2018 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
Another action packed and emotional episode,it was really tugging on my strings.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
Deku6339 said:
It's getting better and better..

I love Twice he is so funny..

Sorry but that villain girl wasn't as good as everyone said..

She's not one of my favorites either but she doesn't become everybody's wet-dream until later on in this season. Third arc of season 3 if you will.
May 19, 2018 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
That fake Dabi pretty much telling about the "goal" of villain's attack so far. And All Might are having the chance to redeem it since he relaxing in the tub. xD
Momo-chan, I pray for your full recovery. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 19, 2018 5:37 AM

Oct 2017
Oh yes, that's another intense episode. How long have this tension been going? 5 or so episodes? It's been action after action and the consequence of the villain's ambush resulted in the capture of Bakugo among other failures such as injuries of varying scale. I mean, three or so villains were also captured but it's clear that this is not going to play well with the society of heroes. This result is playing on the brink of society's trust towards heroes and UA High School. It's great to see that the pro heroes will not let the villain win and that they're going to fight back.

On the topic of consequences, the students were obviously affected by Bakugo's fate on the hands of the villains as well. Particularly we see this with Deku but Kirishima is also another person who is severely burdened by his failure in rescuing his friend. Loved that he sees Bakugo, a person who doesn't really treat others well, as someone close. There's also an interesting thing going on with Iida who thinks that the students should just let the pro heroes do all the rescuing but I definitely get where he's coming from. It's a dangerous task for students and we can see that the League of Villains is not a group that should be underestimated, even with few numbers.

Audiovisual-wise, once again consistent and I'm sure Bones will satisfy all of us and keep this momentum going. Bursts of great soundtracks played well with the tension and the feelings of losing in this episode.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
May 19, 2018 5:39 AM

Jan 2014
that Dabi-Todoroki scene though.. I think the theory about them being a brother can be confirmed.

May 19, 2018 5:45 AM

Oct 2017
YourBoyKenny said:
My Hero Academia being awesome as always every week. And the characters are all so very much fleshed out that I can't really complain. But there's only one nitpick of mine from the episode and that is why did Mr. Compress have to reveal that they took the wrong balls. If he hadn't reveal that then the villains would have been even more successful. You can argue that it was to convince Dabi that he had them but then again Dabi looks like he trusted Mr. Compress with the mission so he wouldn't have questioned him much.
I'd say that it didn't really mattered anyway because Aoyama would still have sneakily attacked and the resulting commotion would play out the same. Mr. Compress probably likes to play on his victim with his tricks too but that's just an assumption of mine.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
May 19, 2018 5:48 AM

Dec 2016
was a great episode hope it wont fight 24/7 like DBS or some other sh*t
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 19, 2018 5:55 AM

Dec 2013
Shouji has been impressive in this arc!

Poor Midoriya was heartbroken with their loss.

Some good build up in the second half. I’m hyped for this new arc!

This moment was painful ;_;
May 19, 2018 5:58 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was amazing like always ! I love of they gives a bit of hope to save Bakugo before to escape. Everybody is pissed by the alliance now they played with them lol I feel that the story will become dammn more serious now cause we really see the rivality herores/vilains which is dope. I hope Bakugo will become a vilain he's made for this 😂😂

And daaaamn Dabi is officially my favorite vilain now

May 19, 2018 6:05 AM

May 2018
OVERPOWERED99 said:
There's also an interesting thing going on with Iida who thinks that the students should just let the pro heroes do all the rescuing but I definitely get where he's coming from. It's a dangerous task for students and we can see that the League of Villains is not a group that should be underestimated, even with few numbers.

I guess Iida is being reasonable, going by themselves to the villains' headquarters might be a bad idea.
May 19, 2018 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
Everyone should appreciate just how awesome All Might's ringtone is. He's the only person who could make a ringtone using his own voice and make it not sound so odd.........apart from the other teachers of U.A, that is. ^^;

Still, the only redeeming factor was that they're able to rescue Tokoyami. Sadly, the Villains won this time by succeeding in taking Bakugo with them back to their hideout. Midoriya's reaction at the end of that scene was really heart-braking. =(

As both classed are recovering, the plan for a counter-attack begins, with Momo's tracker proving to be really useful here and, by the looks of it, they know where the villains secret base is. All Might looks to be ready for some ass-whooping now! =D

This was an aftermath and build-up episode for the next arc and it was excellent. It captured the feeling of anger, shock and that hopelessness of being unable to prevent Bakugo from being kidnapped so well. I hope this next arc will continue this momentum for a while longer. =)
May 19, 2018 6:36 AM
Aug 2015
They've finally captured Bakugo.
I'm pretty sure that Midoriya will go to rescue him.
May 19, 2018 6:49 AM

Sep 2014
5 minute episode again
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 19, 2018 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
I gotta admit, this arc was never really my favorite
it was just
luke warm
and i wanted to see more of the villains than what we got
But, it introduced my girl Toga so it's not my least favorite
can't wait for crying frog and disguises >:^>

SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
May 19, 2018 7:06 AM

Jan 2017
Toga has such a great psychopathic personality, I'd like to see how they round off her character in the future.

Bakugou, noooo! I wonder if he'll succumb to the villains; but hey, Bakugou's got this great passion of his own and it may just keep him safe.
Although I do wonder what will become of the missing pussycat, I hope she's dead 'cause that will have much more of an emotional impact - and yeh, deaths in this sort of world should just a little more commonplace (especially deaths of characters known to us; not like Kota's parents)
Thank you BnHA for just climaxing even further; it always makes for a good story when the protagonists fail... And this story with Bones production just makes it all the more better -can't wait for next week
May 19, 2018 7:16 AM

Oct 2015
Alright folks, its time for another exposition of a popular MHA theory. Last time I discussed the theory of the Doctor

Recap:

Now, onto the theory that...

May 19, 2018 7:28 AM

Sep 2017
That shot of Deku after Bakugo had been taken was pretty epic. In the end I'm glad some shit actually went wrong for the heroes. This whole rescue thing should be pretty cool. And I imagine we will get some background on Bakugo as well.
May 19, 2018 7:30 AM

Mar 2016
Even though it's a good season, I'm kinda disappointed on how low the production values have been. The only remarkable episode this season was episode 4 and there isn't any other that came close to it.
There were some epic panels in the manga that I wanted to see how they would do it in the anime. And they have fail...
A static image... Why could they animate Deku smahing the ground with his head while screaming and then cut to the static image? It would have been much better in my opinion...

Also, this scene! I was dying to see this animted and... well... it was pretty weak...

Besides, if this season is 25 episodes, and 2 more arcs are confirmed, how are they gonna fit everything in the remaining 18 episodes? I wonder if they are going to enter a little bit in the Internship Arc territory and end this season on a cliffhanger...
azertz99May 19, 2018 7:33 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

121 by MrGuz »»
Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

52 by Lushi7 »»
Apr 12, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.