Forum Settings
Forums

Shitty opinions that you think anime fans have?

New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 12, 2018 3:42 AM

Sep 2014
The people who think that overrated is an useless bizzword don't even know what overrated means.
May 12, 2018 3:44 AM

Oct 2016
"Shounen ai/shoujo ai are disgusting"
./. homophobes
She's searching for the man who can melt her forzen heart.The one who will chip away at her walls until they fall apart.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
May 12, 2018 4:10 AM

Aug 2015
“I don’t watch old anime because they look bad.”

Judging an anime as terrible even though they haven’t watched it. Baffles me how these people think their opinion is valid.

And since some users are listing behaviours as well:

Fans who are incapable of accepting any form of criticism and dismiss it as hate.

Focusing too much on scores and ratings.

Judging an anime based on their fanbase. Plain immaturity, it’s incredibly easy to separate the two.

Dismissing an entire genre as garbage while only having experienced an incredibly tiny fraction of it.
May 12, 2018 4:12 AM

Apr 2016
When they pretend that gay anime is something more than just another otaku pandering stuff for fujoshi.
May 12, 2018 4:12 AM

Oct 2017
FMA:B is the best Anime ever made

GGO is better than SAO

Fairy Tail is more than friendship is power
May 12, 2018 4:33 AM

Nov 2009
"Old anime is better"
"You give <inset anime> a <insert rating>, you argument is illegitimate.
"Koe no Katachi is great" nope, it's garbage with force teen drama.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

May 12, 2018 4:38 AM

Dec 2008
Look no further than Death to One Piece Club. That's right. A dedicated club for One Piece haters. Join in. Express your feelings towards that animu, WAN PEECE.

PS: The club is restricted to 12 years old members only.
ArabianLuffyMay 12, 2018 4:41 AM
May 12, 2018 4:41 AM

Jun 2011
Signifie said:
“I don’t watch old anime because they look bad.”

Judging an anime as terrible even though they haven’t watched it. Baffles me how these people think their opinion is valid.

And since some users are listing behaviours as well:

Fans who are incapable of accepting any form of criticism and dismiss it as hate.

Focusing too much on scores and ratings.

Judging an anime based on their fanbase. Plain immaturity, it’s incredibly easy to separate the two.

Dismissing an entire genre as garbage while only having experienced an incredibly tiny fraction of it.

Pretty much what I was going to say but most yaoi really is garbage. Eventually I will get rhere on hentai and yuri. Lol.

But the dismissal of the Mecha genre when they don’t know the diff between super robo and real Robot lol. Maybe someday mal will split the genre just to make stuff more accurate. Slice of life could use some splitting too.

However as someone who used to love Death Note... I realize now I am just team Misa.
Energetic-NovaMay 12, 2018 4:44 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
May 12, 2018 6:00 AM
Aug 2016
Oh, so it's one of these threads. Good, lemme grab some nervine, because I will need it.
May 12, 2018 6:22 AM

Jan 2017
People who give low score to an anime due to its shitty fanbase

People who sexualise lolis. Its fine if they just adore them for their cuteness
May 12, 2018 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
The following have a tendency to give me aneurysms whenever I read or hear them:

- Episodic narratives are bad
- Traditional cel animation is ugly and dated
- Japanese voice tracks are always superior to dubs
- Edginess is intrinsically bad
- Shinji Ikari is a bad protagonist
- Critical analysis = elitism
Take care of yourself

May 12, 2018 9:11 AM

Jul 2017
"it gets good after(...)episodes"
like this is so fucking dumb. if a show's begining is bad, I stop it. if it shows potential I continue. I get it may start slow, or meh and get better after time.
but the usual"clannad gets good after 23 episodes" or "gintama gets good after 50 episodes" makes ABSOLUTLY no sense to me.
it may get better. but to go from bad to good does NOT EXIST.
and I liked hxh from the bigining.
May 12, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
Bfolls said:
If they dont love a show after episode 1, they drop it. Never understood that mentality. So many great shows have a bad first episode (FMAB) or take a while to get going.

for most shows you know if you're going to like it in 1 episode. there are exeptions and that's why I personnaly alwais drop after 2 episodes average. but I drop a great deal 1 episodes because it is enough. hell even 5 minutes is enough sometimes.
plus watching animes takes a great deal of time and most people don't wanna waste their time watching 3 or more episodes of an anime they despised just because of"3 episodes rules"

I also never found an anime that was bad at the begining and that got good later. sure better, but from bad to good? never.
May 12, 2018 9:24 AM

Aug 2012
Excusing bad writing as long as it looks good.
May 12, 2018 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
SlowAnimeWatcher said:
Why is Your Name still above a 9 on MAL?

Its massive apparent flaws in characterization and storytelling should bring its mean score down enough, where it isn't sitting with FMA:B and Stein's Gate and yet here we are, yrs after its release and it's as overrated as ever.

score=/= quality. a score is to show how the community received the anime my dude
May 12, 2018 9:35 AM

Oct 2010
It seems I'm bringing this up a lot lately, but the typical "You could describe this character/story in a single phrase" annoys me and specially because it is held as some respectable or definitive opinion when it is not, it's just a dead horse that is thrown again and again with zero self-awareness or elaboration. You could describe anything in a single phrase, saying this has zero meaning. You can be as reductive as you want and it doesn't mean the show is as simplistic as your convenient phrasing assumes. And not only this overpraises intricacy of themes and character portrayals but it often falls completely flat in representing development, character agency or nuances through a dynamic narration.
May 12, 2018 9:46 AM

May 2016
"Oh I see that you haven't watched some anime that I really love?!?! Well you have shit taste."

"You don't watch every single genre?! Do you even like anime?!"

"All old anime is trash, while all new anime is great" OR vice versa

"Only 40 days watched, what a novice. You don't deserve to have an opinion."
TheMageKillerMay 12, 2018 10:02 AM
May 12, 2018 9:55 AM

Nov 2016
When they drop an anime after 5 minutes of watch time and thrash talk about it.
May 12, 2018 9:59 AM
Mar 2010
"You gave X anime a 9 ? That anime is a masterpiece and deserves a 10, fk you!"
May 12, 2018 10:05 AM
Dec 2016
people that think that re zero is a good anime and emilia a good waifu, also the people that thinks that guilty crown is a good anime
May 12, 2018 10:05 AM

Aug 2017
Fans who automatically disregard anything western.

Those who use "overrated and pretentious" as synonyms to "I don't like it".

The "everything is subjective so I can say Pupa is objectively better than Evangelion" routine.

Lolicons who can't shut up about their lolis and demands people to accept or turn a blind eye to them instead of just keeping their fetishes to themselves.
Pincushions. I'm a long time threatening to buy one. Sticking them all over the place. Needles in window curtains.
May 12, 2018 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
Viltas said:
KatsutoSaki said:
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 is trash.
Shingeki no Kyojin is just a battle shounen.

Why do you put spoilers of random shows under an untitled spoiler tag how do you want people to know what you're gonna spoil it's not like everyone on this forum has watched every anime out there luckily for me I knew all of these things

??? confused

Hmm, it does make sense, I didn't think much while posting. But they are the ones who're accepting the risk... so basically they are the ones at fault.
May 12, 2018 10:16 AM

Oct 2017
Viltas said:
KatsutoSaki said:

Hmm, it does make sense, I didn't think much while posting. But they are the ones who're accepting the risk... so basically they are the ones at fault.

Curiosity is at fault! I was just giving you a hint that you should properly mark it so people that risk to click it actually now WHAT they're risking. You can shove that hint up my ass or leave it be, up to you.
But the most blunt example I have is this:

See? It's evil. :(

That's better :)

Indeed, as I mentioned earlier I didn't think much while posting. I should've been more clear...
May 12, 2018 10:24 AM

Sep 2017
-Dubs are always horrible
-Waifus
-Shipping obsession and the silly acronyms
-Claiming there is nothing wrong with lolis
-Everything is subjective (obviously harem/ecchi/incest show is as good a Ghibli film /s)
-Threatening creators because things dont go their way
james501May 12, 2018 10:27 AM
May 12, 2018 10:27 AM

May 2015
People that claim there is something wrong with lolis.

May 12, 2018 10:38 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
People trashing on mcs like shinji ikari and tsuna from KHR because they aren't badass and strong
Calling any anime with an all-male cast (or primarily male cast) with vaguely attractive characters fujobait
Waifu wars
Rage quitting an anime and giving it poor ratings because their ship sank or ddin't become canon
Lolis
Swagernator said:
When they pretend that gay anime is something more than just another otaku pandering stuff for fujoshi.

Says the one with NGE in faves.
LeonhartAugustMay 12, 2018 7:24 PM
May 12, 2018 10:42 AM

Feb 2013
-"It made me cry so its good"
-Using the word filler in conversation about episodic anime.
-"i didnt like it, so its overrated"
-"i didnt get it, so its pretentious"
-caring about ratings
May 12, 2018 10:51 AM

Jan 2018
I hate when those nerds say that anime is not trash
May 12, 2018 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Vyzass said:
"Old anime is better"
"You give <inset anime> a <insert rating>, you argument is illegitimate.
"Koe no Katachi is great" nope, it's garbage with force teen drama.

This, only minus the Koe no Katachi thing, as I haven't watched it yet.
May 12, 2018 11:14 AM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
"The directing of the Monogatari franchise is the best thing ever." It's not. There are great things about it, but it also carries its flaws.

May 12, 2018 11:19 AM

Mar 2015
"All fujoshis are cancer but every yuri fan is completely alright and nothing like those disgusting fujos am I right guys"
May 12, 2018 12:03 PM

Aug 2015
-Waifu obsession
-Fujoshis who ship characters in shows that are clearly not yaoi
-People that hate popular anime for being popular
-Dub defenders
May 12, 2018 12:06 PM
Jul 2014
Fate/Stay night DEEN adaptations are bad and a mix of all routes, FALSE. In fact, are better than Ufotable ones.

I don't gonna read responses to this. Time is valuable.
May 12, 2018 12:31 PM

Jan 2018
Basically current rules imposed to limit people's knowledge here.
May 12, 2018 2:07 PM

Aug 2015
Zehennagel said:
SlowAnimeWatcher said:
Why is Your Name still above a 9 on MAL?

Its massive apparent flaws in characterization and storytelling should bring its mean score down enough, where it isn't sitting with FMA:B and Stein's Gate and yet here we are, yrs after its release and it's as overrated as ever.

score=/= quality. a score is to show how the community received the anime my dude

I'm aware of that. I just thought the anime community would have changed their scores of Your Name to be less positive over time.

Gradually, scores of recent anime above a score of 9 eventually drop like Owarimonogatari Part 2. Your Name's score drops extremely slowly in comparison with other modern anime.
May 12, 2018 2:10 PM
Dec 2017
The Dragon Ball franchise is the best anime but in reality it's pure trash
There are so many other anime that are much better
May 12, 2018 2:53 PM

Jul 2017
SlowAnimeWatcher said:
Zehennagel said:

I'm aware of that. I just thought the anime community would have changed their scores of Your Name to be less positive over time.

Gradually, scores of recent anime above a score of 9 eventually drop like Owarimonogatari Part 2. Your Name's score drops extremely slowly in comparison with other modern anime.

I have a theory that I believe to be kinda true: people watching owarimonogatari part 2 when it just aired were already big fans, so they were more likely to rate it high, wearas people who watched it a bit later are less fans. therefore they are more likely to give lower scores.
WEARAS for kimi no na wa, whose score drops like most anime: people aren't fan to begin with,because it's a movie and not a second season/part.so wether it is seen when it just aired or 2 years later, people aren't more or less fans.
but tbh for things like legend of the galactic heroes, I can't explain why it's score raised from under 9 to 9.11. probably with people talking over it etc now it is probably lowering down.
ZehennagelMay 12, 2018 2:56 PM
May 12, 2018 3:17 PM

May 2017
Bfolls said:
That MAL should use a 1-5 rating system because you dont like when people rate things below 5/10.....

it's that a reference?, hahahaha. unexpected comment. trying to reach the limit of character in every comment...
May 12, 2018 5:31 PM

Dec 2017
"Ashita no Joe is better than Hajime no Ippo because it ended in 5 years and Joe is a real protag-" When I heard this I wanted to end myself. How stupid is this argument, also not to mention he died because he couldn't even keep his guard up. (Joe)

"Since my ship sunk I rate it a 2/10"-it's really petty to be like this. I still would've enjoyed Nisekoi if Onodera "won." I was there for an exciting journey of love and I got it. Also shows how you don't care about the anime or manga at all.(Even appears in battle shounens.)

"Lolis are bad because my morality," yeah we already know the answer.

"Dubs are better-," no. They got worse actually.

"Old anime is better because no bad content," just watch the born in the wrong generation video explaining how dumb this argument is.

"Fan service is bad because it shows they don't love their creation," @Manaban explained this pretty well.

"The fans make me hate the series," another petty reason to hate on a show. Also explained by Manaban.

"I hate this series so much because it killed my favorite character and will send death threats to the author to change it and love it again," Bleach fans need to know the word "plot."
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 12, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2010
That if a same sex ship is not your OTP or you don't ship it then you are automatically a homophobic piece of shit. I'm sorry you take drawings on paper and computer so seriously bruh that you feel the need to spread hate and death threats.

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 12, 2018 5:58 PM

Jul 2017
the opinion that moe blob shows are trash
May 12, 2018 6:03 PM

Mar 2017
Hating on the supposed "normies" that's just cancer.
May 12, 2018 6:14 PM

Dec 2017
ItsYaGrill said:
Hating on the supposed "normies" that's just cancer.
Tbh the normies kinda fuck themselves up to improve nothing
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 12, 2018 6:28 PM

Jul 2015
"Corey in the house can't be the best anime of all time because it isn't even an anime. It's not even animated. What the fuck is wrong with you?"
^ amniu fans that think this are baka lel
May 12, 2018 6:31 PM

Dec 2016
Bfolls said:
If they dont love a show after episode 1, they drop it. Never understood that mentality. So many great shows have a bad first episode (FMAB) or take a while to get going.

Like which shows?
Name some if there are "so many"
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

May 12, 2018 6:39 PM

Mar 2018
Kuramane said:
Bfolls said:
That MAL should use a 1-5 rating system because you dont like when people rate things below 5/10.....

it's that a reference?, hahahaha. unexpected comment. trying to reach the limit of character in every comment...

Yes it is.
A reference to the post from yesterday and now I'm trying to get to the character count too
May 12, 2018 8:24 PM

Sep 2014
People calling everything even remotely female-targeted gay.
May 12, 2018 8:41 PM

Mar 2018
Anime is realllllllllllllly "good"
吃屁股
May 12, 2018 10:21 PM

Apr 2011
Stiff99 said:
Bfolls said:

Like which shows?
Name some if there are "so many"

(From my own personal experience)
All of these shows had 'weak' first episodes , and each time I debated if I wanted to continue or not before deciding to give them a chance and keep going (And they all ended up being good to great):

X'amd lost memories (very messy)

Full metal panic (that boob grab pissed me off and that needless panty shot. Awful first episode.)

Magic Knight Rayearth (really quick and yet next to nothing happens)

PreTear (seemed really average and I hated the hair designs)

Full Moon wo Sagashite (just seemed like it was setting me up for a dead kid and stuffed animal baby sitters. Real weird too.)

Fushigi Yuugi (super fast paced)

Hana Yori Dango (awful voice acting and animation super dated for its time)

All of them ended up being good enough for me to recommend them to others/purchase.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
May 12, 2018 10:24 PM

Feb 2015
an opinion is an opinion. i wouldn't call it bad or anything. i just disagree. OP is the only good anime from the shounen trio, although two of the trio have died (naruto and bleach), so now the trio is OPM and boku academia? boku doesn't deserve to be in any high rated/praised list.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

20 by MandarBloodeagle »»
18 seconds ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

35 by Maou_heika »»
1 minute ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

27 by Maou_heika »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

224 by JaniSIr »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 10 hours ago

36 by ArpitPatel »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.