Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 21, 2018 3:38 PM
Mar 2012
When Kabakura called hanako by her name, and narumi was puzzled, and hirokata asked didn't you know?

followed by the monologue of its exactly what you think.

what was that all about. Not knowing this piece of information is driving me crazy
Apr 21, 2018 5:22 PM

Mar 2009
What is Kabakura and Hanako's relationship, exactly? Are they going out?
Apr 21, 2018 11:18 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode, buy the very best thing this episode did for me was remind me to go out and buy volume 16 of Yuru Yuri. I can't believe we don't have an English release of that manga (neither digital nor physical, as far as I can find).

I felt I related to this episode far more than the first one. I'll be sticking with this series a while longer for sure. The after-credits scene was indeed the best, though.
Apr 21, 2018 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
Didn't expected the senpai to be into Yuri. Epic twist.

I really love every character in this anime. Specially because they're around my age.

Laughted a lot this episode.
Apr 22, 2018 2:12 AM

Sep 2007
Tada-kun wa koi wo shinai wins the battle for the best light romcom this season for me. Wotakoi isn't really doing it for me - Netjuu wo Susume had a lot more personality.

Maybe it's how the MC is unrelatable to me as an "otaku" - she is cute, takes care of herself, has good social skills and has had several romantic partners. She is not awkward or weird at all. She never does anything otaku-like. I know that not every show has to be Watamote, but it's also not doing anything *else* to make her or Wotakoi relatable.

And other than trying to be relatable, this show has nothing: no romantic tension, no drama of any sort, no unique side-characters.
Apr 22, 2018 3:05 AM

Nov 2014
Nifuji kinda reminds me of Nozaki from Gekkan Shoujo.

Definitely looking forward to new episodes every week.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 22, 2018 4:43 AM

Sep 2007
animefantgn said:
They went to the same bookstore as the girls from Comic Girls in episode 2.

Oh yeah, I thought I had seen that shop somewhere recently :)

I was watching this episode and started to realize Hanako is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro and then it said "she was a captain of a volleyball team in high school" and I'm like "YEAH I BET SHE WAS". Miyuki, I think you're being typecast LOL
Apr 22, 2018 5:16 AM

Sep 2016
Oh God so many references and product placement XD

Sugita made Kabakura feel so much like Gintoki XD

Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 22, 2018 7:14 AM
Sep 2017
Anyone feels the comedy in this anime kinda.... Slow? The manga is 10x better
Apr 22, 2018 10:26 AM

Feb 2018
yanayanano said:
Anyone feels the comedy in this anime kinda.... Slow?

I was going to say this.
That was hugely disappointing, the first episode was pretty cool and fun, this was no good at all, it was super,super slow and the winking was about the only funny part.
Apr 22, 2018 2:45 PM

Mar 2018
This series is cute. I like that our protagonists and 20-somethings instead of 16 year old kids (makes it more relatable for me), and I like how many of the exchanges mirror videogames because this is all from the perspective of otaku.

You can tell they aren't working with a blockbuster buedget here, but it seems like it'll still be a decent watch.
Apr 22, 2018 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
Alright, Amazon's subtitles have me utterly baffled on one point... When they each had the arrows pointing to them saying "Ayanami Stan" etc. wtf does "stan" mean??? And for the guys, which one had the Mari arrow and which one had the Eva-01 arrow?
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Apr 23, 2018 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
Feels kind of forced.
Apr 23, 2018 11:24 PM
Jun 2009
I like to imagine the freedom to use your portable games outdoor.In Rio de Janeiro is something impossible.
Apr 24, 2018 2:27 AM

Jan 2016

blushing Hanako is best Hanako!
Apr 24, 2018 8:21 AM

Jan 2011
That Tejina-senpai cameo just makes me think of how long it's been since we've got a new chapter.

Did it even come up before that Kabakura is an otaku? Feels like they skipped over some character establishment moments. Plus it feels like they were trying to push the otaku angle too hard compared to how the previous ep handled it.
Apr 24, 2018 1:41 PM

Jul 2017
That was hard to watch. The first episode was nice, but this one was too boring.
Apr 24, 2018 3:14 PM
Nov 2009
I have really enjoyed this episode. The interact between all the characters is very likeable and relatable to real life.
Apr 24, 2018 4:52 PM
Oct 2017
was that Koi Kaze on the elevator door?

I didn't enjoy this episode. Too slow.
Apr 24, 2018 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
a good episode and their friends are also dating that's nice even though they don't show it
Apr 24, 2018 11:39 PM

Jul 2016
The comedic timing is so good, props to the director.
The designs are so cool, and the background ost is really calming, but it also has some personality to it.

My only problems were the truckloads of product placement and the CGI walk animations.
I get it, they're minor things, but COME ON.
COME ON.
THE FIRST FIFTY SECONDS OF THE SHOW SHOWED LIKE FOUR DIFFERENT PRODUCTS TO THE AUDIENCE.
COME ONNNN.

Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Apr 25, 2018 3:25 PM

Mar 2018
TheFreycook said:
*Narumi cannot run*

*Narumi cannot run*

Hehe this sequence was my favorite part "Narumi uses Appeal from Senpai!"

For everyone saying these characters are annoying, I think that is kind of the point. They're supposed to be people for whom "love is hard", and I think the show does a pretty good job portraying them as that. They don't know how to interact with each other, how to actually maintain a relationship, and so they come across as crude, clueless, and annoying. That having been said, do we want to actually watch people like that? That's another matter entirely...
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 26, 2018 10:15 AM
Aug 2015
copyrightRingo said:
How the heck does A-1 escape from copyright infringements!? There are so many manga titles in this episode!
List of references (More like the ones I recognized)
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Hitorijime My Hero
Yuru Yuri
Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochiwarui
Senpai ga uzai kouhai no hanashi (先輩がうざい後輩の話. This is not in MAL database)
Tejina-Senpai
Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu.
The last three mangas are too small for me to see the title and I don't read BLs.
The rest are made up names I believe

I went hyped when I heard Castlevania signature death sound FX, and the after credits. AHAHAHA

koto said:

They can escape with it because most of these references are promoting manga owned by Ichijinsha, the same company publishing Wotakoi.

The 3 BL manga from left to right is THEO, Kimi wa Natsu no Naka, and Tashiro-kun, Kimi tte Yatsu wa. I sure know my BL.

I've only recognized Mahou Tsukai no Yome (haven't read it but the manga sure is popular) and Kimi wa Natsu no Naka (since it's my first BL manga lol).

Funny episode, I liked it ^^
Apr 27, 2018 1:10 PM
May 2015
How to react when I read the manga?! LOL
Apr 28, 2018 12:13 PM

Feb 2017
Wow, I feel so clever for getting all these references about mangas I've never read.
It's tough to like voice actors. Because now I don't know if I like Kabakura because he's really cool or because of Tomokazu Sugita. Life's hard.
Well, he's pretty cool at least!
Apr 28, 2018 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
I see we are still dong Eva references after 20 years...
Apr 29, 2018 11:45 AM

Nov 2009
Nifuji's alpha male act with kabedon was good.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 18, 2018 5:18 AM

Jul 2016
Alright this one was fuckin funny
May 18, 2018 11:31 AM

Jul 2012
Another good episode. I liked the random references
May 20, 2018 9:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This is pure sugar. Episode was so fun and enjoyable.
That sort of Pokemon style battle parody between Kabakura and Hanako. But overall I like that the group is starting to get a bit closer to each other.

I was hoping Hirotaka would take Kabakura to the BL section and see how Kabakura would react lol

The after credits scene was fun. Kabakura's face expression lol and then how he sees Hiro trying to wink xD

May 24, 2018 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
I'm more of an Ayanami person but I love Asuka too. However, Ayanami Rei was my first Anime girl crush.

Hirotaka is okay so far. He has his charm and Narumi also has cheesy moments. Yes, I understand that this is a romance so the cheesy moments will increase but so far it's pretty subtle.

I'm guessing Koyanagi and Kabakura are dating? Is that why she doesn't want hkm to call her by her first name?
臭い-
Aug 9, 2018 12:36 AM

May 2012
Pacing sure improved, quite lovely development actually! Loving where this is going and I am quite curious to see what will happen next.
Aug 16, 2018 1:59 PM

Mar 2012
the references are gold and the show is actually really relatable. i don't feel like it's going to have any major drama or anything, though, it's just a show about a bunch of adult otaku who are friends and work together and that'a good enough for me actually.
my only complaint is about the animation, sometimes it looks atrocious, but it doesn't really take away from the enjoyment of the story, though. i just wish it was a little easier on the eyes. );
Aug 22, 2018 9:27 AM

Jan 2012
another great episode, so many references I love it! Just a nice laid back anime to watch, all the characters are fun, the humor is spot on, only downside is that it'll only be 11 episodes but will definitely try and pick the manga up if I have time.
Aug 24, 2018 3:47 PM

Aug 2007
My friends kept recommending me this, but I wasn't impressed by the first episode.
It seems to have a Net-Juu vibe, at least in the direction it'll be going in but maybe better because there are a couple funny parts.

Overall, this is painfully average to me :/

Jan 3, 2019 2:25 AM

May 2013
Ugh, I'm a sucker for wall slams, I really am /sobs. DO IT A THOUSAND MORE TIMES, NIFUMI!!!!!!! XDDD

Maaannnn. I was hoping she was gonna pull him into the elevators huehuehue. That's what I would've done ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nifumi's double wink is ADORABLE AF. MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE LMFAOOOOOO. He makes me want an otaku bf, but rarely are they cute/attractive (sorry guise, but it truuuuuu) Q___Q

MY BABYYYYYYYY IN THE END CREDIT SCENE OH MY GAWWWDDDDDD <33333333333333 HAHHAHAHAHAHAAA XDDD I can't wink either, baby, daijoubu <3 xD

I need a fujoshi kanojo so we can recommend BL manga to each other, unffffffff
Feb 3, 2019 8:36 PM

Jul 2014
The RPG text box thing got pretty repetitious.
Apr 4, 2019 6:37 PM

Dec 2016
Everytime I watch an otaku character go to animate store makes me feel hyped! ^^ and I've also recognized two books: Mahoutsukai no Yome and Dakaretai Otoko Ichii ni Odosarete Imasu!

It was a good episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 8, 2019 7:17 PM

Jun 2013
It's nice to see Narumi being funny and bubbly as she is.

LMAO @ the scene wherein Hanako and Tarō end up fighting with each other.

References everywhere @ the bookstore! ♥

THE POST-CREDIT SCENE IS SO HILARIOUS. THEY HAVE NO SLEEP BECAUSE THEY READ MANGA ALL NIGHT. HIROTAKA TRYING TO BLINK IS SO KAWAII. :">
Aug 12, 2019 4:55 AM

Aug 2018
So yeah, this episode's manga part is so good I love it and the nice explained otakus relationship.
Oct 19, 2019 2:09 AM

Mar 2015
Lel all four of em are otaku!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 12, 2019 9:09 AM

Oct 2015
It is quite peculiar that the many paraphernalia shown on-screen, the references are anime/manga that I know of, it's quite a rewarding feeling I suppose. Fun is fun.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Apr 16, 2020 10:02 AM

May 2015
I bet she pooped. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 30, 2020 9:37 AM
May 2012
I actually like the randomness haha
Jan 10, 2021 1:47 PM

Nov 2007
I was wondering why the main guy has exclaimed "East Sea" (Donghae) in Korean and if it was a reference to some of the games he is playing, I wouldn't know, I am not a gaming otaku....but upon googling I found out why and it's pretty sweet. And surprising in an Japanese...anything:')

I miss hanging out in Animate...the feeling of cameraderie in the BL section especially:')
Apr 11, 2021 1:18 AM

Aug 2019
I’m surprised I knew all of those manga placements, well besides the BL ones
Jun 23, 2021 11:16 PM

Jun 2021
Narumi momose and Hirotaka nifuji started dating.These people have zero experience on dating.Otaku is no good with people.This anime is so funny to watch.especially narumi she is so funny and light headed.The OTAKU culture in Japan is unique.I am so excited for next episode.
Jun 28, 2021 7:51 AM

Aug 2020
Damn, that "love confession" scene was too cute.

It seems like there will be a lot of references, and a lot that I won't understand, lol.

Don't forget to watch the end credits.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 4, 2021 1:10 AM

Jul 2015
First day as a couple seems to be going bit hectic so far but could be worse like Narumi saying Hirotaka's senpai is more of her type...oh wait.
Cute end there at the end of Kabakura firing a smile bomb back at Koyanagi and also seeing Hirotaka practicing winking.

Jul 11, 2021 6:43 PM
Aug 2020
@ 17:20.... is that.... is that Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui(Koikimo) ???? OMG!!! OMG!!!

Nifuji practicing to blink in front of the mirror HAHAHAHAHHA
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.