Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2018 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show uses a lot of unorthodox art so seeing the visual style from the first few minutes of the episode really drew my attention. It's nice to see the boys have their usual fun again. Swimming together, camping outdoors, etc.

Also found it amusing seeing the boys armed with guns and taking on a sandworm. Even that Iyami guy is involved.

The second OP song is a nice sight to see too.

Jan 8, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
Jitsumatsu and Sanematsu is not doing well with the life, and suddenly being part of Matsuno brothers as dark orange (OnoD?). He's used to be part of the brothers. Beach as suggested by Sane. Oso hinting that his time with them is near the end? He died from the car accident? There will be more Jitsumatsu?

Shee~ guy, Flag guy, and Juushi are excavation crew. Water gun?! Too dangerous!

New OP here. It's ok, but I like previous OP more (but then I like first season OPs more).

Finally to the story that preview for last ep. mentioned. Choro dyed his hair brown for the new year and the younger brothers are shocked because brown doesn't suit on Choro (lol). They want to be courageous to tell him, but afraid. It's amazing that they can communicate without saying. Oso and Kara entered and Oso said what younger brothers wanted to say, but Kara accusing that they made him do it and Oso believing. Even idol girl says so. Choro is in shock and being crazy. Younger brothers are forced to apologize. It's nice that Choro felt guilty and apologized to them later.

New ED. Very groovy. Painting on the sculptures of Matsuno brothers?!

3 stories including cleaning up and Todo quiz returning next.
tsubasaloverJan 9, 2018 4:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 8, 2018 11:31 AM

Jul 2016
The Choro skit is one of my favorites of the season LMAO
Jan 8, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2015
Just sit here and wonder what are they planning with Nyaa on this season anyways? she got more screen time compare to last season and now she is 2nd OP.
Into the Internet!
Jan 8, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2016
Lol poor Choromatsu xD.

That Sanematsu tho... I almost thought I was watching something else

The new op is nice!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 8, 2018 1:40 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, the Sanematsu skit got so dark so quickly. It was actually interesting to see this style once more (he stood out so much with the sextuplets around lmao).

And Choromatsu Incident? Hysterical! Osomatsu doesn't beat around the bush, that's for certain, which resulted in Choro being totally devastated. But truth be told, Karamatsu and Totoko were the last nail in the coffin.
This only shows how different the youngest trio and the eldest duo are in such situations: the former tried to be pure and tactful, while the latter was just brutally honest. I laughed so hard at Ichi playing it cool tho.

This episode surely was a great one! The new opening was so pretty and vivid, too!
Jan 8, 2018 1:40 PM

Jan 2017
It was a weird episode. A song in the middle of the episode. I suppose it will be the new opening theme. And the new ending is funny but strange. Sanematsu in the story is funny but it looks so different and gives you an awkward feeling. Poor Choromatsu, dyeing his hair with the brown color of shit, that scene was hilarious.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Jan 8, 2018 2:15 PM
Apr 2017
Very amazing! The opening and ending are bonus points!
Jan 8, 2018 2:20 PM

Jan 2015
probably the best ep so far... Choromatsu skit was really good, that apology and beatdown at the end xD
Sanematsu skit was pretty well done and a bit touchy as well.
Not sure what was that Iyami giant mongolian worm expedition tho, glad it wasnt long.

not sold on the new OP but Totoko tho <3
Jan 8, 2018 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
This anime is still on form. I don't really know why it's fallen below an 8/10 because I'm still loving it. The thing is that even if it doesn't make me laugh much, I love the characters and the situations enough that it doesn't matter. The return of Sanematsu was... dark to a comedic extent. Of course we're not looking forward to episode 10 XD good stuff. I loved Choromatsu's incident with his shitty, lame, uncool brown hair. Another theme of overly considerate vs totally inconsiderate. I had been waiting for tactless Osomatsu to ruin it. Even Totty who has no heart cares about letting Choromatsu save face before exacting the revenge Choromatsu was fully prepared for.

I really like the OP. Again the video is really vibrant (creative use of titles is always a win) and very fun. I trust that the song will soon grown on me like the others have.

The new ED... I like the live action thing and the video in general is just pretty fun. But the song doesn't get me the feeling that the previous one did. I'm not sure if this will change, but "I WAAAANT YOU, JYUSHIMATSU" will be missed.
Jan 8, 2018 3:07 PM

Nov 2017
I don't know how to feel about the ending lmaoo

Still think S2 OP1 is best OP though. I would pick that any day of the week.
Anyone else?

Also, I'm loving this new Osomatsu. He's being more, whats the word.. responsible? He's getting along with the others more and it seems that Totoko and him are starting to be more agreeable with each other. This is just one episode though, but I hope Osomatsu continues to have more of a role as the oldest brother while still having the comedic side of him. Also, yas OsoToto ftw aaaa
𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍

romance, slice of life, shounen

currently listening to:
Jan 8, 2018 4:53 PM

Apr 2016
I didn't expect to ever see Sanematsu and the Matsuno brothers in the same segment lol
I kind of feel bad for Choromatsu, but that hair color really does look bad on him LOL
the new opening was awesome as well!
Jan 8, 2018 5:54 PM
Jan 2018
Nice episode, i liked it atleast!

sanematsu returns! Depressing as ever!
wakes up from supposed dreams as siblings of the sextuplets, all happy from there! Until the end. sanematsu dies, yaaay (???) !
Iyami, jyushi, and hatabo skit! it was fun seeing hatabo and jyushimatsu interaction! both are so chilidsh.
Last skit i waited a week for, choromatsu incident! last hears had me hysterical, so this one must too? i was right! The youngest 3's reaction was exactly mine, reacting to choro's new hair. eldest two and totoko show up, it gets pretty great!

Also, couldn't forget new op and ed for new year! op is awesome as ever, the song might have to grow on me, (i loved the last one) and ed is odd, but cool. weird that someone went and made busts of the sextuplets.

Can't wait til next ep!!

uuummaeJan 8, 2018 6:00 PM
Jan 8, 2018 7:13 PM

Jun 2016
Sanematsu was beautifully done, but incredibly depressing. I didn't expect to see him with the brothers, but it was nice to see him smiling.

I kept wondering why they didn't just call Karamatsu and Osomatsu when it came to Choromatsu's hair, but then the two came and I died. Osomatsu lacks tact, but Karamatsu delivering the finisher was too much. Totoko helped drive that wedge, but it was all Kara. That might have been the funniest segment on this show thus far. I couldn't stop laughing.

Which was nice, considering the fate of Sanematsu in episode 10. :(

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jan 8, 2018 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
Karamatsu, as much as I love him, is an excellent example of someone who needs to stop talking sometimes and just get to the point. Look what his rambling did to his poor little brothers.
Jan 9, 2018 2:43 AM

Mar 2015
I love the new OP, so stylish.
Jan 9, 2018 3:35 AM

Jan 2011
THEY DID IT AGAIN!

I like the new OP/ED a lot more than the previous.
Jan 10, 2018 2:46 AM

Oct 2015
probably my least liked osomatsu san op to date :p
Jan 10, 2018 2:56 AM

Oct 2012
Oh wow Sanematsu, that was sad and feel pretty real.. Guess that's too common in real world

New OP? At 12 min in?
I didn't hear about this!

Tbh, it looked pretty good.. Choro with brown hair is pretty nice, maybe because he looked different from his brothers
Rayl1ghtJan 10, 2018 5:47 AM
"Signature removed"
Jan 10, 2018 5:21 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I like a lot of Osomatsu-san's more serious skits, and the Sanematsu one hits home. It's sad to see him unconscious but with a smile on his face after the accident, that his dream was a happy one but he was never happy irl. The sextuplets were really nice too in his "dream."

As for the last skit, it was hilarious! I haven't been feeling much of this season so far, but the Choromatsu dying hair one cracked me up!!! XD
Jan 11, 2018 10:15 AM

Jun 2016
I miss hearing Kamiyan screaming at the top of his lungs that I got worried with his throat. Kyaaaaa. Hahahaha. Choromatsu with his brown hair is definitely my fave part in this episode. Pffft. Poor Choromatsu. But that hair sure looks awful on him, now let me imagine Kamiyan with that hair.

He looks good. Hahaha.

That Sanematsu part was sad, though. Who the hell is this Sanematsu anyway? Poor guy. But I hope that beautiful girl and him will end up together. Hihi.

5/5. <3 I miss this show so much. Yay for 2-cour!

P.S. That new ED is aesthetic, though. Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 11, 2018 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, that Sanematsu skit ... I knew it was going to end badly >_< Still, the Choromatsu part was absolutely hilarious. I loved everything about it - their reactions in the restaurant, Osomatsu and Karamatsu killing Choromatsu, him deflecting the blame, then getting beat up at the end XD OP was all right, I wasn't a huge fan of the vocals as much this time around and it didn't seem as catchy as usual but the animation was super slick. Plus some great shots of Totoko and Nyaa :P ED was completely different in style this time around but I quite liked it :3
Jan 11, 2018 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
this is the first episode in like 10 episodes thats actually felt enjoyable all the way through, hoping the 2nd half of the series can redeem the show somewhat cause its a shame to see such a creative show fall so much.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2018 8:57 AM

Mar 2014
Lmao the Choromatsu hair skit was hilarious
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 13, 2018 6:58 PM

May 2014
Okay that ED theme went from 0-100 real fast.
I think the new OP is my favorite yet- the visuals and song are awesome!

And Jesus Christ that first segment. I was not expecting that XD

Final segment was what really made this episode great though- all the "incident" segments are good and I hope we get one for each brother by the end of the series! It was nice seeing Oso and Kara acting like actual big bros though. And Totty, Ichi and Jyushi all taking the blame to salvage at least some of Choro's pride.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2018 3:47 PM

Oct 2015
The boys trying to tell Choromatsu looked lame in that hairdo was my highlight, especially when Osomatsu came and ruined the mood by being blunt( ouch). Funniest ep ever and hope the next will be as great as this.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 2, 2019 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
Didn't love the new OP or ED but perhaps they'll grow on me (big fan of the old ones).
The first skit, while a bit long was worth the payoff.
Second skit was meh.
Third skit was frickin' hilarious.
Dec 2, 2023 8:20 AM
Aug 2022
the drama part is always depressing af, but overall very good episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

40 by phantom346 »»
Mar 24, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

20 by phantom346 »»
Mar 22, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2018

49 by phantom346 »»
Mar 22, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

26 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

31 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.