Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2018 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A plane crash puts the characters on a deserted island :o
I actually find the crash itself to be slightly amusing.

The boys got resourceful for survival. It's comically funny as they use the bold head guy as a way to light up a fire lol. There's also the part with the sharks. For a deserted island theme episode, I thought it was neat they tried the idea for this particular show.

Very over the topic stuff as usaul. I mean, playing baseball on the island lol. The Super Saiyan and Dragon Ball references is gold.
Stark700Mar 5, 2018 9:08 AM
Mar 5, 2018 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
Travel provided by flag guy. Accident and they got to the deserted island.

Everyone trying to survive, except Todo. Then fighting. Eventually work together to escape, but Shee~ guy sacrificed.

They stayed long that they are like citizen of the island and share together. Kara begins to want to own the toilet papers that they fight. Wow, Shee~ guy is alive... and became that stretchable character from Street Fighter game series. Oden guy as that enemy from Dragon Ball? Idol girl as Sailor Moon fish type! Juushi released legendary baseball team?! Titan?! 6 brothers as ... one combined being (sentai?)?!

lol @ flag guy enjoying and receiving 6 brothers' attack. Everyone loses.

3 stories (not featuring 6 brothers as main) next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 5, 2018 12:41 PM

Feb 2016
Lol, the amount of shounen/shoujo references xD, did I saw, Dragon Ball, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, Mahou Shoujo? (probably Sakura or Sailor, I haven't watched those two so I can't identify it xD)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 5, 2018 1:11 PM
Apr 2017
While it's not my favorite episode, I love Totoko's transformation and Karamatsu being the focus, being the one announcing what happened and being the only Matsu who didn't fight!
Mar 5, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like i know that Giant Dayon parody of.... but can't remember anything anyone know?

Its clearly not Attack on Titans just because its a Giant.

The attack of cobination 6 Matsu i think its also a parody but can't think anything.

Into the Internet!
Mar 5, 2018 3:30 PM

Apr 2016
LOL the Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon references in this episode were pretty hilarious! the animation in the fight scene was really cool too!
this was definitely one of the most enjoyable episodes of the season so far for me!
Mar 5, 2018 3:33 PM

Apr 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
I feel like i know that Giant Dayon parody of.... but can't remember anything anyone know?

The attack of cobination 6 Matsu i think its also a parody but can't think anything.

I'm pretty sure the Dayon part was parodying this part of Rurouni Kenshin, but I could be wrong
Mar 5, 2018 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
LOVED this ep with all of the references and seeing the boys put in a situation like this, one of my top 5 for the season atm
Mar 5, 2018 7:11 PM

Nov 2011
Hum... I was expecting more from this episode, the preview made me think it would be funnier.
The transformation gag was overplayed and I felt this episode really dragged.
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 6, 2018 2:21 AM

Sep 2015
SamBlack said:
ZBlastHistory said:

I'm pretty sure the Dayon part was parodying this part of Rurouni Kenshin, but I could be wrong

Well it was closer than Titans because a giant zombie with armor + man ride on it.
and this remind of i need to finish rewatching Kenshin .

The attack of 6 in 1 Matsu was Kamehameha but the blast after was i think also parody.
Into the Internet!
Mar 6, 2018 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
Oh boy, back to the parodies! Survival island was pretty funny, but then when everyone started "awakening" ... just got more and more ridiculous haha. Still quite amusing to watch though :P Hm, Iyami episode next? I'm not his biggest fan, but I hope it's good nonetheless :O
Mar 7, 2018 10:17 AM

Mar 2015
One of the better episodes this season
Mar 7, 2018 4:15 PM

Feb 2015
Could have been funnier but I like the extremes it went to. It was an experience. Dayon and Iyami next week? Ugh. That sucks, not looking forward to it.
Mar 9, 2018 3:17 AM

Oct 2011
The references omg XD
Mar 10, 2018 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
nenchuu said:
This is one of my favorite anime so it takes a lot for me to feel like watching Osomatsu-san is a chore, but this episode felt 3 hours long. The worst of the series by far, for me.
I thought it was one of the better eps this season, but it still felt a bit too drawn out.
Mar 17, 2018 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
man this episode had no right being as middling as it was, such an amazing premise for an episode and it felt wasted on 5 minutes of material drawn out across 20 minutes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 8, 2018 1:04 AM

Mar 2014
Some decent gags this episode.
Them starting the fire with Chibita's bald head, them making fake cell-phones and pachinko machines to try and reclaim their NEET lifestyles.
I also liked how Iyami basically became Dalsim from Street Fighter.
Then we get a Cardcaptor Sakura reference...
Also, of course, the Dragon Ball reference towards the end.
I guess the ending was a bit weak, with all of these references, which isn't really Osomatsu-sans's strong point. I feel like they're much better at doing original humor, so when it comes to references it seems like they end up using it as a crutch.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 23, 2019 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
ZBlastHistory said:

I'm pretty sure it's Daimajin which is a cool reference!
Mar 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
It was nice to have a full-length story for a change! I am questioning why karamatsu always has a beard and long hair LOL

@AdolZeppeli can you tell me what the Hunter x Hunter reference was?
Dec 16, 2023 7:43 PM

Jan 2022
Having seen both Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor moon, this ressembles Sailor moon more. The transformation sequence even ends with the signature pose in front of a "crescent moon".

The Juushimatsu one looked like the noble phantasms of Fate, specifically F/zero's Rider's, and that made the episode worth watching by itself.
A few Dragonball ones.
A shot in the dark here, but could Iyami have been a parody of the Indian street fighter character?

Wasn't a huge fan of the episode before that, though.
Mar 22, 11:12 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing episode 5/5.

I loved all the different anime references, even the ones I didn't get. Totoko-chan wa kyou mo KAWAII!!!
Read Toriko!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

40 by phantom346 »»
Mar 24, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2018

49 by phantom346 »»
Mar 22, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

26 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

31 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2017

34 by phantom346 »»
Mar 17, 10:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.