Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 28, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2014
LOL Rabbit died in under 15 seconds

this show is so bad
Nov 28, 2017 2:14 PM
Nov 2017
Tokoya said:
I couldn't stop laughing when Dragon got REKT in the very beginning xDDD

I dunno whether or not I should feel sorry for Tiger or just pity her due to what happened in her backstory though and even though I'm happy that the Waifu Killer/Rabbit is dead, I feel like he's still alive somehow

Plus there's Monkey's zombie corpse to think about (Unless Rat finds and kills her first)

EDIT: Judging from these other posts above, it sounds like he really is dead lol....I wonder why he "committed suicide"

This is the first episode that a backstory has been given without killing whoever it was in the same episode. Rabbit did bite his tongue which could have some "technicality" to revive which would probablt come without the poison gem in him or whatever. Too technical

Then i think once tiger and ox weaken each other rat will sneak in for the kill or monkey will do some freaky maneuvers.
Also do we know what happened to sheep's bomb?
Nov 28, 2017 2:32 PM

Jan 2017
Hmmpf, an' I was under the assumption that everyone with a backstory dies

The anime-CGI blend made it feel like a game.... Especially the scene where tiger and oxe spoke to each other. And the fight seemed like some game trailer.

I'd never have guessed rabbit would be out of the game so easily; I think tiger is going out next... Where the hell are you rat (I don't remember him dying)
I want rat to win
Nov 28, 2017 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
The USAGE of the CGI and what not when it comes to blending in doesn't fit well with the series... I guess they're struggling or whatnot because the production value is losing itself a bit.

This episode was interesting but this is by far the weakest episode of the series, so far I guess. Then again, we haven't really gotten much about Rabbit, so maybe something will happen? I don't know.

It's disappointing as well that Dragon got killed without getting any sort of idea or whatever, not even the weapon or any fight. It was just straight off the bat unfortunately. Oh well.
Nov 28, 2017 2:46 PM

Dec 2015
I was never really that invested from the beginning, but seeing the quality decline like this is kinda of sad to see. I mean everyone pretty much said it already, but adding CG at this point is really weird (although it looked not too bad and the fight was pretty cool imo).
Nov 28, 2017 2:47 PM

May 2014
Why not give Rabbit a backstory, like every other character had? Or at least a monologue so we could see his way of thinking. Imo from the first episode he seemed to be an interesting and promising character, and he proved he was smarter than he looked.

Also,the fact that he just walked into the fight with Ox and Tiger without any thought ( even if he made his moves strategically before) seemed like the show just needed him to die asap. Actually most of the characters ended up dying because of stupid reasons, just for the sake of it, so yeah
Nov 28, 2017 2:53 PM

Oct 2010
Really don't understand this anime. Generic overall plot, generic side stories. And every single death thus far has been when the character that dies is acting COMPLETELY out of character. Also just looking at a Chinese Zodiac chart has revealed the order in which everyone dies. Predictable with no substance beyond good voice acting. This episode just kept that pattern up. Absolutely disappointed with this anime. I'll be even more disappointed if Rabbit is really dead

Lastly, the animation was pretty good in the first episode but quickly turned to trash and this episode was no exception..in fact it got worse. Why were the characters suddenly in CG at the end? That was extremely jarring and unnecessary.
KougeruNov 28, 2017 2:59 PM
Nov 28, 2017 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
TheWannabeArtist said:

Also for all the people still saying "oh it's so predictable" yes it is, it is meant to be. They do not spoil the show, it is meant to be the race of the zodiac animals which decided the order of the zodiac but retold in the form of a battle royale. Doesn't make it a perfect show, no, but it wasn't meant to be a high octane, surprise around ever corner show anyways.

Interesting observation but that doesn't change the fact that the execution is pretty damn poor. So much time wasted on bland backstories, specifically. Even without the backstories there's a lot of dragging out before obvious deaths.
Nov 28, 2017 3:13 PM

Dec 2016
The sudden switch to cgi models for the fighters looks awful, overall decent episode tho considering Tiger is best girl in the show lol also another one-shot kill. God those are getting old
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 28, 2017 3:19 PM
May 2017
Uggghhh looked terrible
Nov 28, 2017 3:46 PM
May 2017
Tokoya said:

I dunno whether or not I should feel sorry for Tiger or just pity her due to what happened in her backstory though and even though I'm happy that the Waifu Killer/Rabbit is dead, I feel like he's still alive somehow

Plus there's Monkey's zombie corpse to think about (Unless Rat finds and kills her first)

EDIT: Judging from these other posts above, it sounds like he really is dead lol....I wonder why he "committed suicide"
to use his necromancy on himself maybe
Nov 28, 2017 3:48 PM
May 2017
LittleStar said:
This is kinda late, but I noticed
correction it's rat not mouse
Nov 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
Wait what... Rabbit in one shot...? I would like a backstory for him. Now can the next episode, we can see the battle I want to see x)

set by taiyaki

Nov 28, 2017 4:19 PM
May 2015
Kougeru said:

Lastly, the animation was pretty good in the first episode but quickly turned to trash and this episode was no exception..in fact it got worse. Why were the characters suddenly in CG at the end? That was extremely jarring and unnecessary.

They somehow miscalculated the costs for the episodes or didn't have a high enough budget to begin with, so they went with CG to have some money left for the remaining episodes and CG is just a lot cheaper. Then I still wonder why they spend so much money on the animation in the first episodes.

Another reason could be that they had to change the fight somehow but didn't have enough time to do it before airing. That still doesn't explain why the animation gets progressively worse though.
Nov 28, 2017 5:42 PM

Feb 2016
oh Wow, the quality went down drastically to the point they are using shitty CG.

Gee, all that fucking build up of the dragon made him look like someone that would give an interesting fight, or to be invincible since he was the only one out there that could fly, but for fuck sake, his death was so fucking dumb.

I'm 100% sure that Rabbit is not dead yet.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 28, 2017 5:43 PM

Jun 2009
why tora and not rabbit :( besides usagi already killed the most soo far and than he goes down so far. such a shame and so unbelievable -- hoped for a amazing battle their
Nov 28, 2017 6:01 PM

Jan 2011
I doubt Rabbit is down for good yet, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he was, given this show.
Nov 28, 2017 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
Garrade said:
Kougeru said:

They somehow miscalculated the costs for the episodes or didn't have a high enough budget to begin with, so they went with CG to have some money left for the remaining episodes and CG is just a lot cheaper. Then I still wonder why they spend so much money on the animation in the first episodes.

Another reason could be that they had to change the fight somehow but didn't have enough time to do it before airing. That still doesn't explain why the animation gets progressively worse though.
sorry but this is misguided ,CGI is not cheaper in the sense of actual budget it costs more to use CGI but it's easier/faster since the assets are reusable, while this show has been looking worse and worse besides first episode looking really well animated it could be the case that they decided to change the fight simply because like you said they couldn't get it done in time so they used full CG to save time.

but who knows whats going on it hasn't been a clear case like Just Because with delays etc but the animation has always been suffering
Nov 28, 2017 7:19 PM

Aug 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
I doubt Rabbit is down for good yet, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he was, given this show.

Yeah he's so cheated that I can't think he died so easily. It's just a theory but i wouldn't be surprised if he came back with the saru's body or something like that.
Nov 28, 2017 8:33 PM

Aug 2016
Admittedly I did consider this in my top 5 favorite shows but not so sure now if I'm honest, first of all the animation budget is nonexistent and it looks like shit now. And second of all, all the characters that I would've liked to see have an actual good battle (or fight at all..) and not die in one shot, well.. Died right away. First there was goat, then dragon and snake now the Rabbit (and every other fucking character in the god damn show) Like hell man it was cool like the first or second time now it's kind of just annoying.
Also when zombie Mr. Freeze was flying around in shitty CGI it looked like something you'd see in a poorly done GMod animation on YouTube or some shit.

Welp.. Even though this shitshow isn't over it probably takes the cake for most disappointing show j watched, even surpassed Soul Eater which if the filler wasn't god awful might've been my favorite anime at some point.
Nov 28, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
This episode alone has the ability to make this show's ranking fall extremely low. Wtf was this trash?

All this episode did is reconfirm that the only thing this anime intends to do is kill off each zodiac in their official order (after giving them a backstory). The moment it started with the Tiger's story I laughed and rolled my eyes. Obviously next episode she's dead. She's actually pretty weak. Seems to me she's only strong/effective against military personnel, that's all she ever fought. Never saw her ever challenge someone strong, she just mass killed people trained with guns. She's through. Her story was extremely boring too, like am I suppose to sympathize with her? Will I care when she dies? Nope.

The CGI was just unacceptable. You can't go so many episodes being predominately normal and then switch to this crap.

Dragon and Rabbits death...are you kidding me. Dragon can fly and presumably has more control inflight yet Rabbit gets flung (holy shit Monkey was OP, how she really die like that doh) in one direction and is able to maneuver so easily he can slice him in half? I'd understand if he was caught completely off guard and got sliced right as Rabbit swung passed him, but he had time to look around and see pantyman.

But nothing upsets me more than Rabbits death. This guy was killed literally because Rabbit has to die right after the Dragon. It made zero sense. Rabbit was smart enough to gather all these friends and kill off most of the cast yet he allowed himself to go down like that? Ox and Tiger were fully teamed up to take him and he charges in, with no plan and no OP Monkey to back him? WHY? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE. HE GOT COMPLETELY BUTCHERED.

Fck this shit. I want Ox to win but OBVIOUSLY the Rat will. Like this is too ridiculous now. I guess we'll get Rabbit's backstory next ep (and if it knows what good for it, it will come up with a good reason why Rabbit just died like that. Like maybe he's so mentally ill that when things go his way for so long he loses reason and becomes reckless, or maybe he got himself killed on purpose because he can revive or something? I dunno but this was just stupid.)

You know what i lied. i don't even care if the Ox wins. I don't care who wins, this is dumb.
InugirlzNov 28, 2017 8:52 PM
Nov 28, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2014
*builds up character for two episodes* *dies 3 seconds into the episode and literally contributed nothing* *hyped antagonist who killed half the cast dies in one shot with no backstory, dishonoring the fan favorite character who was killed so easily by them* *end song confirms the order of death of characters* like... really... Two fucking dead bodies gave Horse and Tiger more trouble than Rabbit did.
Nov 28, 2017 9:15 PM

Jul 2015
Dude, chill out! CGI wasn't nearly bad as most series. Yeah, it feels "weird", since we are not used to it and this show hadn't used it before (at least not this amount of it).
Actually, this was -hands down- the best CGI made battle I have ever seen in anime.
Also, faces were drawn, that made it look pretty smooth.
Still, not perfect yet for any kind of scene, but come on... maybe you guys should try to stop following the opinion of the masses and learn to grow your own... just sayin'...
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Nov 28, 2017 9:23 PM

Dec 2014
Wazefock said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Yeah he's so cheated that I can't think he died so easily. It's just a theory but i wouldn't be surprised if he came back with the saru's body or something like that.

Maybe it was his plan to charge like this...he could have ambushed them with Saru...clearly there is something else
Nov 28, 2017 9:32 PM

Aug 2012
Loyalty06 said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An epsiode that focuses more on Tora...nice.
She made a weird impression and has an odd sport in this death game but I think she does belong there.

As I had expected out of most episodes, it didn't take long for the storytelling to get to the bloodshed and tragedy.

One thing I'm glad this show has been doing is depicting the reality of the violence. It doesn't omit censorship on most parts and gets its point across.

So no Rabbit backstory even in the anime? Huhuhu
I do not think rabbit has a story. Rabbit is probably just an undead created by the previous rabbit. The next one will probably be monkey.
Nov 28, 2017 9:35 PM

Aug 2012
Neizaru said:
..so first Rabit gets some bs op out of nowhere jump, and show passes this off as a brilliant plot twist *sigh* Then the already established careful planner decides to charge two opponents head on, despite being established as merely above average in skill. Not even a backstory.*double sigh* Gonna guess next dramatic reveal - Rabbit has some bs op power like undeading himself in order to sneak attack and everyone will be "wow that's such smart writing! AOTY!". *tripple sigh*

You don't even need the spoilers to know who's going to win. If there's a highly arrogant teenager who looks down on everyone more emotionally mature than him, it's clear who the real protagonist of the story is. Honestly it's hard to believe this was written by the same person who made Katanagatari. Winter season can't get here soon enough.
I doubt he can resurrect himself but he probably can move its essence to one of its ressurected army. He is out of the game anyway.
Nov 28, 2017 9:37 PM

Aug 2012
Nenco_ said:
Tokoya said:

This is the first episode that a backstory has been given without killing whoever it was in the same episode. Rabbit did bite his tongue which could have some "technicality" to revive which would probablt come without the poison gem in him or whatever. Too technical

Then i think once tiger and ox weaken each other rat will sneak in for the kill or monkey will do some freaky maneuvers.
Also do we know what happened to sheep's bomb?
you forget Monkey.She survived two episodes after her backstory was revealed.
Nov 28, 2017 9:38 PM

Aug 2012
Inugirlz said:
This episode alone has the ability to make this show's ranking fall extremely low. Wtf was this trash?

All this episode did is reconfirm that the only thing this anime intends to do is kill off each zodiac in their official order (after giving them a backstory). The moment it started with the Tiger's story I laughed and rolled my eyes. Obviously next episode she's dead. She's actually pretty weak. Seems to me she's only strong/effective against military personnel, that's all she ever fought. Never saw her ever challenge someone strong, she just mass killed people trained with guns. She's through. Her story was extremely boring too, like am I suppose to sympathize with her? Will I care when she dies? Nope.

The CGI was just unacceptable. You can't go so many episodes being predominately normal and then switch to this crap.

Dragon and Rabbits death...are you kidding me. Dragon can fly and presumably has more control inflight yet Rabbit gets flung (holy shit Monkey was OP, how she really die like that doh) in one direction and is able to maneuver so easily he can slice him in half? I'd understand if he was caught completely off guard and got sliced right as Rabbit swung passed him, but he had time to look around and see pantyman.

But nothing upsets me more than Rabbits death. This guy was killed literally because Rabbit has to die right after the Dragon. It made zero sense. Rabbit was smart enough to gather all these friends and kill off most of the cast yet he allowed himself to go down like that? Ox and Tiger were fully teamed up to take him and he charges in, with no plan and no OP Monkey to back him? WHY? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE. HE GOT COMPLETELY BUTCHERED.

Fck this shit. I want Ox to win but OBVIOUSLY the Rat will. Like this is too ridiculous now. I guess we'll get Rabbit's backstory next ep (and if it knows what good for it, it will come up with a good reason why Rabbit just died like that. Like maybe he's so mentally ill that when things go his way for so long he loses reason and becomes reckless, or maybe he got himself killed on purpose because he can revive or something? I dunno but this was just stupid.)

You know what i lied. i don't even care if the Ox wins. I don't care who wins, this is dumb.
Monkey was killed just to keep the order of the signs as well so what can I say? !
Nov 28, 2017 9:41 PM

Aug 2012
SigOpram said:
Rabbit is not dead yet.

Biting his tongue off is a major cue. With this, he probably used his necromancer skill on his self. He knows he can't compete with both Tiger and Ox so he'll stab the winner between the clash of two.

I was also surprised that the battle became 3DCGI. It's good but caught me off guard.
Rabbit cannot bring back his body. Is too shreded. But he might transfer his power to monkey corpse. Probable why it does not have a backstory. And since it has the memory of so many people why he is insane.
Nov 28, 2017 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
The deaths are always so fast, they could be more satisfying.
Nov 28, 2017 9:44 PM

Oct 2017
Inugirlz said:

Fck this shit. I want Ox to win but OBVIOUSLY the Rat will. Like this is too ridiculous now. I guess we'll get Rabbit's backstory next ep (and if it knows what good for it, it will come up with a good reason why Rabbit just died like that. Like maybe he's so mentally ill that when things go his way for so long he loses reason and becomes reckless, or maybe he got himself killed on purpose because he can revive or something? I dunno but this was just stupid.).

Rabbit wasn't killed. He committed suicide so he was dead before Ox and Tiger sliced through him. He bit his tongue and swallowed it. I anyone else killed him, he won't be able to revive himself so suicide was the only way for him to use his necromantist ability on himself. And FYI, Rabbit didn't have any backstory in the LN. I did hope the anime will make up some filler shit for him, but they didn't.

Since you don't seem to be interested in watching this any further, I'll give you spoilers but read only if you don't mind spoilers.

Nov 28, 2017 9:48 PM

Oct 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
SigOpram said:
Rabbit is not dead yet.

Biting his tongue off is a major cue. With this, he probably used his necromancer skill on his self. He knows he can't compete with both Tiger and Ox so he'll stab the winner between the clash of two.

I was also surprised that the battle became 3DCGI. It's good but caught me off guard.
Rabbit cannot bring back his body. Is too shreded. But he might transfer his power to monkey corpse. Probable why it does not have a backstory. And since it has the memory of so many people why he is insane.

Yes he can. He can use his necromantist ability on himself so long as he kills himself. That's why he bit his tongue and swallowed it before he was struck by Ox and Tiger. He was already dead before he was sliced into pieces. And he can piece himself back together. Although it doesn't look pretty :D

staraniseNov 28, 2017 9:52 PM
Nov 28, 2017 10:05 PM

May 2017
SWIM SWIM IS DEAD wait, wrong anime lol

Previous comments says, Rabbit bit his tongue, didn't notice that at all coz he still able to speak clearly before the clash with Ox and Tiger

That was weird, they better explain how did he just goes and suicide like that but his bit is psychotically so I guess it makes sense plus there's still zombie monkey and the birds, I doubt we'll see the end of rabbit. Probably attacking the organisers of the Juuni Taisen
Nov 28, 2017 10:06 PM

Oct 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
Neizaru said:
..so first Rabit gets some bs op out of nowhere jump, and show passes this off as a brilliant plot twist *sigh* Then the already established careful planner decides to charge two opponents head on, despite being established as merely above average in skill. Not even a backstory.*double sigh* Gonna guess next dramatic reveal - Rabbit has some bs op power like undeading himself in order to sneak attack and everyone will be "wow that's such smart writing! AOTY!". *tripple sigh*

You don't even need the spoilers to know who's going to win. If there's a highly arrogant teenager who looks down on everyone more emotionally mature than him, it's clear who the real protagonist of the story is. Honestly it's hard to believe this was written by the same person who made Katanagatari. Winter season can't get here soon enough.
I doubt he can resurrect himself but he probably can move its essence to one of its ressurected army. He is out of the game anyway.

Nov 28, 2017 11:00 PM

Oct 2011
Yep there goes the animation budget 😂 lmfao this show is a hot mess
Nov 28, 2017 11:08 PM
Dec 2015
I guess it's pretty much obvious Rabbit will be back. That's not what gripes me. Heck, even his death is not that much bad if only they showed why it happened. The Novel goes out of its way to explain his train of thoughts and subsequent actions before this and if only the anime added a backstory, this would have been the greatest epidode in the series. The title would've made more sense, his death wouldn't come off as stupid and it would be an honor to the mascot of the series (most popular character).

Seriously, I was so excited for this episode but it's mostly about Tora which I don't care for. Her story could've been cobdensed on her POV episode next week and Rabbit's could've been an amazing one.

I just really hate how Rabbit died so easily, even though he will be back as a zombie. Really hoping at least we'll get glimpses on his story during Ox episode. Heck, in rat's ep too since apparently he and Rabbit surprisingly has "more common ground" and how they died by the hands of ____ in an alternate timeline.
Nov 28, 2017 11:11 PM

Jul 2015
You guys probably noticed a pattern, that the character which backstory we were shown usually does next.
But what about Rabbit's?

Nov 28, 2017 11:14 PM
Jan 2016
I liked the Tora's personality from the start, so it was nice to see a backstory showing us how she ended up that way. Though it is kinda puzzling why she isn't the drunken beast that she supposedly ended up as, in the Juuni Taisen. She can't read maps but can strategize with the Warrior of the Ox? What?

Regarding Rabbit's death. What the fuck. I get that it was two against one but come on. That was just anti-climactic. It was so easy, I get the sense that something's fucky but I wouldn't put it past this anime to just kill him off like that just for the shock factor. And the sequence of deaths is still going exactly as the sequence in the ED. Just hoping there's a twist regarding that. If not, and Mouse is gonna end up the winner, show him more dammit!

Also, was this anime always filled to the brim with shit CGI? I mean, it was obviously always there; I'm not blind. But was it always to this extent?
KababiJan 2, 2018 3:48 AM
Nov 28, 2017 11:50 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not sure how exactly dragon died. Erm.... how did Usagi know he was gonna go down at that time?

Tora's backstory was OK I guess... Feels a little over-dramatic but still good enough.

Rabbit better not be dead. His body parts better all spring to life or some shit, because that's not a food death at all.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 28, 2017 11:59 PM
Aug 2015
Yep, like I said last week, we got triple deaths this time (Usagi, and the twins). Usagi's death seems suspicious though, since he hasn't even get a backstory.. also Zombie Shuryuu is still there, so we still don't know yet what is his actual plans.. Tora's past looks quite similar to Niwatori & the Boar, where the military changed their life. Now she has to fight Ushii who helped her to beat Usagi's group just a while before.
Nov 29, 2017 12:09 AM

Jan 2016
three more episodes, three more backstories? wondering how rabbit landed after killing dragon?
Nov 29, 2017 12:15 AM

May 2010
i absolutely despise the way they are CONSTANTLY reintroducing themselves.

Nov 29, 2017 12:19 AM

Aug 2012
staranise said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Yes he can. He can use his necromantist ability on himself so long as he kills himself. That's why he bit his tongue and swallowed it before he was struck by Ox and Tiger. He was already dead before he was sliced into pieces. And he can piece himself back together. Although it doesn't look pretty :D

So Juuni Taisen never fails to dissapoint. The main story is like a child force fitting the wrong pieces into slots. So much deus ex machina that it becomes garbage. And is a shame, because the background stories for the characters are pretty well made. Anyway only 2 episodes to go. Can you tell me if we get a background story for Ox and Rat as well?

PS: bitting your tongue and swallowing it only works in movies. Is completely unrealistic. It would take much more time and you probably would not die anyway from it because your body instinctively fights to survive. This trope needs to die!
Nov 29, 2017 12:21 AM

Feb 2014
Was really surprised to see the fights were 3d, because most of it was quite good.

Seems unlikely Usagi is out of the race just like that

Nov 29, 2017 12:39 AM

Sep 2017
~Level Up!~
CG Level +9000

...anyway, the focus on Tora was interesting. Tora's backstory was a lot deeper than I expected. It was really strange than the last half of the episode was completely cg. Did they run out of time or something? But I can't say they did a bad job with it, the fight scene with Tora and Ushii was awesome. And Rabbit died so quick... I wonder why.
Nov 29, 2017 12:49 AM

Oct 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
staranise said:

So Juuni Taisen never fails to dissapoint. The main story is like a child force fitting the wrong pieces into slots. So much deus ex machina that it becomes garbage. And is a shame, because the background stories for the characters are pretty well made. Anyway only 2 episodes to go. Can you tell me if we get a background story for Ox and Rat as well?

PS: bitting your tongue and swallowing it only works in movies. Is completely unrealistic. It would take much more time and you probably would not die anyway from it because your body instinctively fights to survive. This trope needs to die!

Wait. What episode are we in? The 9th right? And there will be 12 episodes so we're down to 3 more. Most of the backstories were expanded in the anime where in the novel, they were told in a few paragraphs only. And yes, Ox and Rat have a background story. We haven't seen enough of Tiger's backstory either.

Stories like this need a great deal of suspension of disbelief. Majority of what's been happening have been hardly realistic at all.

Nov 29, 2017 1:13 AM

Oct 2008
This might be one of the coolest episodes!
Usagi's killing streak has been finally ended by the team-up of Ox & Tora!
5/5!

Nov 29, 2017 1:14 AM

Dec 2015
Tiger dies next. I think the rabbit isn't dead yet cause this is how the story goes. You show their backstory and then you kill them.
Nov 29, 2017 1:34 AM

Aug 2012
staranise said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Wait. What episode are we in? The 9th right? And there will be 12 episodes so we're down to 3 more. Most of the backstories were expanded in the anime where in the novel, they were told in a few paragraphs only. And yes, Ox and Rat have a background story. We haven't seen enough of Tiger's backstory either.

Stories like this need a great deal of suspension of disbelief. Majority of what's been happening have been hardly realistic at all.

Yeah I was under the impression there will be only 11 ep, not sure why. Also suspension of disbelief works only to a point. That is why I hated Tokyo Ghoul. When you have internal inconsistencies in the law of the universe or too many deus ex machina moments it just means you are a bad story teller. I think Nisio started with the backstories and then struggled to make the characters fit the order they are supposed to die. About majority of what is happening being unrealistic well maybe. But you cannot expect complete realism in any stories with magic powers. The problem is human nature remains the same so regardless of other things that should not change and the character personalities and actions should be consistent yet they are not.
Nov 29, 2017 1:56 AM
May 2017
I have to say I don't really like how the Dragon and Snake. Especially the Snake (? I'm not really sure, the one with Hydrogen). I really like their characters but well, not everyone can be happy.

So here is Rabbit's dead. I didn't expect him to die in this episode, I kind of wanted a backstory for him, now it's like he is just an over the top unrealistic sadist who is just here to kill people, even though every characters had a proper background. Maybe next episode.

I think Tiger will die really quick so we can have Ox backstory, then Rat, to finally have Rat win over Ox. At the start I though Rat may have already won a Juni Taisen because everyone seems to remember him a little somehow but I'm not really sure anymore.

The final 3 episode are going to be epic.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.