Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2017 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't like Shuan much but I have to admit, he is kinda badass.

Mud Whale is really in shitty condition after all the attacks with the Imperial Army. At least they are counterattacking now though. Ouni's role is quite ruthless as he isn't afraid of taking one of their enemies as hostage. Even Lykos isn't afraid to fight for the Mud Whale.

Ryodari is still such a ruthless bastard although it's interesting to see his past.
Stark700Nov 25, 2017 3:50 PM
Nov 26, 2017 1:11 PM

Mar 2016
Ehm... Nope, I still hate Ryotari and I'm glad he's dead.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 26, 2017 6:48 PM

Feb 2016
That pink haired guy got a decent amount of pain, but it would be better if they let him agonizing on his last hours, that might pay off what he did to Sami >:(

Shit man, death has no chill on this anime
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 26, 2017 7:13 PM
May 2015
Ryodari/Liontari died faster than I expected him to.

What was up with those weird hand things? Collecting the souls of the dead for the Nous or something?

Also, Ouni isn't human; he's a daimon(demon?). Explains the backstory from last week when Nibi said Ouni appeared out of nowhere and nobody knew his parents. He was created on the Mud Whale, I assume as some killing machine, since daimons are supposed to have crazy thymia powers and fighting abilities. I guess the Elders must know about that, since they love hiding things from people.

Araphne also said the people of Mud Whale most likely don't know why the Marked live short lives. Perhaps having magical powers puts a burden on the body and gives you a shorter life span? There has to be an equal exchange somewhere.

Next week looks like a flashback episode with Nibi, Ouni and the other Body Moles. I hope this doesn't mean Nibi is dying soon. He most likely will, though, since he doesn't have high Thymia powers (wasn't chosen for the assault squad) and Shikon and Shikoku said he always clinging to Ouni. He might try to Ouni just to end up being killed.
Nov 26, 2017 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see some backstory for Ryodari, but I don't really care. He's dead now, so good riddance to bad rubbish. Some kids shot arrows at him. Despite Shuan being a douchebag, his fight was pretty cool. Ouni is not in a good situation.
Nov 26, 2017 7:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing Liodari die made my fucking day, thank the lord that the little shit cunt is dead and was reduced to a little bitch wimpering for life

But other than that, I'm gonna need Ouni to step up again and own these other cunts that are trying to kill him and Chakuro atm
Nov 26, 2017 7:58 PM

Oct 2014
I felt kinda bad for Ryodari, it made sense that he would go insane being the only person who could feel emotion on an entire island.

This episode also did a good job of establishing that the closer a person gets to nous Falaina the more they are able to feel emotion. Also, the people of Lykos believe that they're more advanced because their nous consumes their emotion.

Lots of world and character building this episode. The insert song also felt more purposeful now that I understand what Neri is.
Nov 26, 2017 8:06 PM

Dec 2016
GET TO THE NOUS CHAKURO!

Oh no Ouni got hit.

I suppose it's only natural that nous has someone like Neri.

Speaking of Neri I wonder what power she is using this time with those warm hands, saving the souls of the dead?

I wonder if Liodari is gone for good? I was him to be finished off otherwise it would come back to haunt them all later, he doesn't seem like someone you can win over with friendship speeches like in a lot of other anime's.

How do those 3 get themselves out of that predicament.
Nov 26, 2017 8:10 PM

Jan 2014
I didn't understand some of what happened in this episode, like those freaky hands appearing everywhere.

Anyway, I was kind of bored this episode, but the ending made me curious.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 26, 2017 8:26 PM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
Seeing Liodari die made my fucking day, thank the lord that the little shit cunt is dead and was reduced to a little bitch wimpering for life

But other than that, I'm gonna need Ouni to step up again and own these other cunts that are trying to kill him and Chakuro atm

I'm gonna second that, Boy am I glad that Roydari is dead.
Nov 26, 2017 9:29 PM

Sep 2015
For some reason those hands reminded me of the Pain arc in Naruto/ and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. But lol I legit thought those hands would resurrect/heal/or buffed everyone at the Mud Whale,. I'm so glad the pink bob cut guy died legit reminded me of Yuno ever since he first appeared and I really fucking hate Yuno.
Nov 27, 2017 1:16 AM

Apr 2016
I hope that pink haired girl is dead, but the rules of anime logic are telling me that he is not.
Nov 27, 2017 2:38 AM

Feb 2017
I actually don't hate Liodari. Kind of feel for him.

Looks like the death flag is raised for Nibi.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Nov 27, 2017 3:04 AM

Jan 2015
Skip the dancing and singing again
Aarrghh, that offering from Suou is what Liodari really need. IF ONLY he didn't kill too many people before, there might be something that can be done.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 27, 2017 3:27 AM

Apr 2017
Ryotari guy really deaserved what happened to him, I hate that guy so much. I hope Falaina will restore its beauty. Ouni-chan was in trouble. I wonder what will happen next.
Nov 27, 2017 4:42 AM

Jul 2014
Why did they try and force us to feel pity for Liodari with that flashback? Because I can't and won't ever feel sorry for him, and am simply delighted he's dead and won't be getting anymore screentime. So, so funny to see him grovelling and begging not to die when he delighted in doing the same for others. Also, what purpose do the singing scenes even serve? They contribute nothing to the battle and if they were so desperate to do inserts there's no reason to needlessly force a character in the show to do so: once was confusing, but twice is tedious.
Nov 27, 2017 5:05 AM

Sep 2016
nibi will die to save ouni 100%
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 27, 2017 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Well I can Understand Ryoutari's end but at the same time I wouldn't really care about him much at all, now that he's out of the way. But I think or feel like he's still alive somehow. I might be wrong or not. Who knows.

Aside from that, pretty good episode once again when it came to the story, although the directing can be kind of an issue a bit. I guess.
Nov 27, 2017 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
ok I kinda feel bad for the islanders.... being slaughtered like that...hmmm
Nov 27, 2017 10:57 AM

Jul 2016
Nice try but I won't sympathize with that pink-haired psychopath. He was a douchebag (even tho it wasn't entirely his fault) and got the death he deserved. Kids did the right thing shooting his ass.

At least I won't have to listen to his annoying voice anymore. I won't miss this guy.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Nov 27, 2017 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
For one thing, I'm glad that Ryotari has been killed off. For someone who sees joy in killing the islanders of Falaina, it was fitting for him to be beaten in battle by Shuan, then dragged himself away, only for 4 kids to arrow him and finally, falling off the Mud Whale and into the sand ocean.

I will say that his past was very interesting and does a good job in explaining as to why Ryotari has that psychotic personality that he had until he met his demise. Honestly, being the odd one out with emotions in his past and having almost everyone turn their back on him would make almost anyone lose their sanity. D=

Neri's dance continues in this episode, but with the addition of spiritual hands that hover around everyone of the Mud Whale, dead and alive. It makes me wonder what her goal is here, but I'm hoping it's for the right reasons and not anything evil.

Ouni might be in a bit of a bind, along with Chakuro and Lykos, but I'm confidant that the three of them will live on.

Bring on the next episode! =D
Nov 27, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2016
I have a feeling Liontari isn't dead. Maybe he is, but idk, I feel like his appearance was far too short and anticlimactic to be the last we see of his character. This was a very good episode tho
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 27, 2017 11:21 AM
Nov 2016
I didn't even feel one bit of sympathy for Riodari.... I am very happy to see him dead.

Damn, Ouni is hurt. He is one of only like, three characters I like in this show, I hope he doesn't die.

The captain dude is badass...

The problem with this show is that it has a weak protagonist and I mean, there have been a lot of animes where protagonists were weak or they were the underdogs but they were likeable, however, Chakuro is just annoyingly weak.
Nov 27, 2017 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
I honestly dunno if I should feel happy or sad over Ryodaris death, he definitely deserved it for his doings,but on the other hand he had it really tough and I would have liked some kind of development for him.

Ouni had a cool entrance, yet he's in a pinch now. What a cliffhanger.

Overall great episode again, plotwise this is really my favorite show this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
I friggin can't stand Suou anymore. Friggin saved the life of Murderer-in-Chief who would have come back killing more if the children didn't finish him. He didn't even think of what Murderer-in-Chief could have done on his way to safety.

Suou is the epitome of uselessness.
Nov 27, 2017 11:44 AM

Jan 2017
Ouni can't die, he can't die just yet. I'm intrigued as to what is going to happen cause they are already lost in terms of power balance in fight.

I really like Ryodari, i know, he was so terrible, but i knew he kinda had a dark past and hence his behavior. Besides, aesthetically speaking, he's one of my favs. Wasn't expecting him to go out so soon, but we'll see, maybe he will be saved somehow?

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 27, 2017 1:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
even with the backstory i didnt give a shit about that pink-haired fuck.

well, i didnt gave a fuck for the majority of the episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 27, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
The pacing is so messed up.
Nov 27, 2017 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
>people still calling Ema Neri

From the preview I imagine those tiny little hands will go full Evangelion and absorb all the casualties of the Mud Whale, then the enemy soldiers, then beam spam through the enemy ship. Victoly.
Nov 27, 2017 6:24 PM

Jun 2015
So glad pink-haired is finally gone, don't think i could stand having to watch him another episode
Nov 27, 2017 11:03 PM
Jan 2013
Honestly really glad to be given an explanation for why pink hair had emotions. It was bugging me why he was able to exist if having emotions is a sin.
Nov 28, 2017 5:34 AM

Jun 2016
Yet again, Neri sang again and it seems like she was comforting the people of Mud Whale with those "growing hands". Aww.

Ugh. Shuan didn't do much, but he's such a badass this episode. He straight up injured that annoying asshole, and idc about his backstory. Glad he got killed by those kids. Lmao. REVENGE!

Ouni is a daimon of Mud Whale/Falaina? What does that mean?

Why is this thing with the outside world and the Mud Whale being sinners reminded me a lot of SnK with
. Is it just me? Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 28, 2017 5:47 AM
Apr 2016
I think they have hinted at the Marked lives being short because the Falaina Nous absorbs their short lives instead of their emotions.

That's why the invaders can still use Thymia but don't have as short a life as the people on the Mud Whale.

Interesting if this is true
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Nov 28, 2017 6:48 AM

May 2017
HereticHunter said:
That pink haired guy got a decent amount of pain, but it would be better if they let him agonizing on his last hours, that might pay off what he did to Sami >:(

It's the musketeers who killed Sami. Pink guy just mocked her corpse that's all
Nov 28, 2017 8:13 AM

Oct 2008
It's so satisfying to see how Shuan wrecked and kicked Ryodari's ass! bwahaha! he deserved it for all innocents he killed...go down an fall to the flowers! lolz
those CG glowing hands are quite something but creepy!
Looks like Ouni is in a pinch!
4/5.

Nov 28, 2017 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
Boy was it satisfying to see Ryodari get beaten up slowly
Nov 28, 2017 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:

Bless this post :') I haven't hated a character like this in ages, thank the lord he's dead
Nov 28, 2017 1:16 PM
Apr 2016
What some call "edgy" this age, 5-6 years ago would have been called "tragic". That is exactly what I call this piece of fantasy. A story where the heroes begin from zero, only to rise up against the evil and defeat it at great costs... Somewhere along the way this formula got somewhat set aside by me. Now I am reminded what it looks like. And it is mighty painful to watch.
Re:formed
Nov 28, 2017 3:18 PM

Feb 2016
TsundeReaper said:
HereticHunter said:

It's the musketeers who killed Sami. Pink guy just mocked her corpse that's all

I know, but he's still a bitch
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 29, 2017 1:30 AM

Dec 2009
Oh finally, i thought that psycho kid was just a ham-fisted campy villain . . .
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 29, 2017 5:05 AM
Jun 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
What some call "edgy" this age, 5-6 years ago would have been called "tragic". That is exactly what I call this piece of fantasy. A story where the heroes begin from zero, only to rise up against the evil and defeat it at great costs... Somewhere along the way this formula got somewhat set aside by me. Now I am reminded what it looks like. And it is mighty painful to watch.
The presentation is what makes it edgy. Ryodari is too over the top and how the character's act in general makes it difficult to take seriously. How can people be upbeat on a stealth mission against a superior enemy force that also has superior training. Also what is with the fighting choreography in this anime, enemy soldiers just pause for no reason when they should be killing the enemy in front of them. Another issue is the enemy are supposed to have "no emotions" but its clear all the enemies from officers to grunts react emotionally to their superior's commands by pausing, shrugging and protesting instead of carrying out their orders. What theme is this anime even about? 8 episodes in and this anime is just a string of contradictions, its core theme is invalid and the characters are all bland. It seems this anime was created as a debut single for some idol for some shitty manga showcased by the pink singing loli in this episode and the previous episode. Magic singing pink haired loli's aren't going to save this sinking ship of an anime.
Nov 29, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Even though Ryodaris was a psychopath. I felt a little bad for him.
Nov 30, 2017 5:00 AM

Mar 2009
Ehh. Pretty lame episode this week. Were we supposed to feel bad for pink-haired kid? I'm just surprised he died so early.

Okay. Now, it looks like Nibi is dying in the next episode.
Nov 30, 2017 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
More melodramatic crap this episode. The chieftain is a moron for letting someone who killed his fellows escape, if he truly cared about them he wouldn't put them in such risk.

At this point, I'm only watching this for the beautiful art.
Nov 30, 2017 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
Wasn't that good. Another choke from the producers
Dec 1, 2017 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
15poundfish said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
The presentation is what makes it edgy. Ryodari is too over the top and how the character's act in general makes it difficult to take seriously. How can people be upbeat on a stealth mission against a superior enemy force that also has superior training. Also what is with the fighting choreography in this anime, enemy soldiers just pause for no reason when they should be killing the enemy in front of them. Another issue is the enemy are supposed to have "no emotions" but its clear all the enemies from officers to grunts react emotionally to their superior's commands by pausing, shrugging and protesting instead of carrying out their orders. What theme is this anime even about? 8 episodes in and this anime is just a string of contradictions, its core theme is invalid and the characters are all bland. It seems this anime was created as a debut single for some idol for some shitty manga showcased by the pink singing loli in this episode and the previous episode. Magic singing pink haired loli's aren't going to save this sinking ship of an anime.

I wonder if the manga is the same, or it's mostly an issue with the direction/adaptation. First two episodes started strong, and then it just fell apart.

Dec 1, 2017 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't really feel anything about the pink-haired dude dying even though they tried to make his backstory sympathetic. I can't even remember his name that's how little I cared about him...

This anime have yet to impress me more over than the decent animation/artstyle.
Dec 2, 2017 2:24 PM

Dec 2015
I quit halfway through this episode because I felt like I honestly didn't care anymore. There is nothing particularly egregious about this show and it has a lovely art style, but it just failed to keep me interested at all. All these characters are as one-dimensional as a piece of cardboard, and the plot completely fails to let me feel any sympathy for the deaths of any characters/inhabitants of the Mud Whale. I refuse to waste any time on the show knowing that there are still so many better anime out there for me to watch so...

Dropped
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Dec 6, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
Couldn't care less about Ryodari. He deserved to have died.

Dec 9, 2017 11:55 AM

Aug 2015
Ouni and Ginshu can't die, please ;-;. I loved the tragic death of Ryodari. What will be the secret of Falaina? But, two things torment me, the first, is how the people of Skylos predicted that the people of Falaina would attack them by surprise, destroying their nuos, since the people of Falaina were weak, I thought they would underestimate them. The second is, destroy the nuos of Skylos, doesn't a suicide job? Since it will sink...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.