3It was OK
2.6%
2Disliked it
0.9%
1Hated it
0.3%
Average 4.8
346 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2017 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to admit, this episode caught me off guard for a few moments. It started off weird with a teasing beach scene.

I think it was kinda interesting to see Yuzu connect with a character outside of the usual main circle. Also interesting to see a human character and her past. The second half of this episode also focused on a kid named Kaito. I think in several ways, it's interesting to see these human stories.
Nov 22, 2017 4:14 AM

Apr 2010
So father and daughter came for a visit tho they didn't meet each other in the hotel they did both need help with different things and it was nice to see Yuzu helping them out.
That the kid was a dog was unexpected but it was a nice twist.
The girl was funny tho with her stories.
Nov 22, 2017 5:38 AM

Apr 2016
So basically there are two worlds.

Also i love when simple show hits me with something unexpectedly deep, the ending was great.
Nov 22, 2017 6:11 AM

Sep 2007
Beautiful episode. And pretty light-hearted even though the daughter tried to drown herself and the father didn't want to wake up from his coma. It really shows that sometimes all you need is someone to help you accept what life throws at you, and that things might not be as bad or inescapable as they appear to be.

I loved the development of finding out that Kaito grew up to be a sight-seeing dog, to that father no less. Then again I've always been extremely weak against dogs. Call me simple but it brought me to (happy) tears

Here's to hoping next week's episode will be just as lovely!
HiinaNov 22, 2017 6:16 AM
Nov 22, 2017 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
That was a very good episode and I especially love that the guest characters are tied together.
Nov 22, 2017 6:41 AM
Apr 2017
I didn't think that this series would actually make me cry, but this was just too beautiful. What a wonderful story.
Nov 22, 2017 6:49 AM

Dec 2014
That was beautiful, perhaps my favorite episode till date.

The way everything intertwined together at the end was amazing and unexpectedly really beautiful and heartwarming to watch. I teared up. T.T
Perhaps everything truly is connected.

Nice subtle way of introducing that there are two worlds.
Nov 22, 2017 7:06 AM

Oct 2014
So that's how Konohanatei works... It isn't purgatory or anything. It's a place to meditate and work through turmoil. I like how well this episode defined the world logic just by simply creating a visual scenario, no drawn-out exposition.

This episode's story and structure were really interesting, instead of one character getting the focus it was three who were interconnected. I'm interested to see how the show will experiment now that its logic is defined.
Nov 22, 2017 7:19 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't expect Kaito to be a dog at the end, mind blown.

Nov 22, 2017 8:05 AM

Sep 2015
So both world don't share same time well thats how it should be.

But then again there is a MALE (non guest) to get close to anyone from Inn i don't expect that
Into the Internet!
Nov 22, 2017 8:22 AM
Jun 2016
That was a wonderful episode

1.It was mentioned in the first episode that konohantei is located 'at the intersection of worlds'. Today's episode kind of reinforces it.

2.I liked today's theme...that of finding your purpose in life, and not allowing circumstances to prevent you from finding your purpose.

3.Problem with that smoking guy...he seems to think that he would be a burden to everyone if he went back...when in reality..his wife deeply loved him, and his daughter too

4.Liked the way that we start with three stories....and ended with one.

5.This was, for me, a wonderful and soothing episode. As usual.

6.Quote of the day...'We are all dancing in the palm of God's hand'. And it may seem that God is unfair...but at the end..He isn't.

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Nov 22, 2017 8:23 AM

Jun 2015
This was a beautiful episode. The ending caught me off guard. I didn't expect Kaito to be a guide dog for that man. It was very nice that the guest characters were connected together.
Nov 22, 2017 8:24 AM

Mar 2016
Thought we were getting a normal episode and then we got such an ending, it was such a great surprise.
Nov 22, 2017 8:59 AM

Aug 2016
A unique episode to day the least. Gave some world building for Konohanatei. Kaito being a dog at the end shocked me but it made the mom and dad part make real good sense.

Also more Saber screen time is gud.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Nov 22, 2017 9:15 AM

Jul 2008
Them feels, they always happen when I least expect *sniff*
good ep ^_^
Nov 22, 2017 9:17 AM

Nov 2015
doll can grow hair?
Nov 22, 2017 10:06 AM
Aug 2015
good episode, its just keep better
Nov 22, 2017 10:09 AM

Aug 2016
...to be honest. I cried at the end @.@
(I was actually seeing Kaito as a dog the moment he said they were not his real family etc. but still the twist at the end. oh lord)
Nov 22, 2017 10:13 AM

Feb 2016
I don't know how I didn't realize before, so the Inn is like a "thing" before the afterlife, Although, it also serves like a "Dreamland" hmmm

That aside, this episode was heartwarming, my heart almost melt, multiple story with multiple connections, that was such an emotional episode :3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 22, 2017 10:19 AM
Nov 2016
The episode was pretty different compared to other ones... Yuzu interacted with different characters again.

I liked Kaito.
Nov 22, 2017 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
Yuzu saving the lying girl who tried to suicide, the old man in a coma and the worried dog :'(
They were all connected in the end.
Nov 22, 2017 10:54 AM
Dec 2015
I think i just got more confused after watching the latest episode.
i was under the impression that they live in the same realm as humans are. but according to this, the humans live in a normal world??? and everyone else is in a spirit realm of some sorts?? but then.. what about the humans in their world? like that priest guy that came in with the doll.
Nov 22, 2017 11:15 AM

Sep 2011
I was shocked at the part when we got to see that the girl tried to commit suicide.
Then I had tears when I saw the man's wife growing old and holding his hands in hospital.
And then the twist when all three stories connected at the end caught me off guard, perfect.
I expected a happy episode but got dem feels instead. Well, everything ended happily but I surely never thought that this anime would be so deep. Can't wait for the next episode and hopefully it'll surprise me positively again!
Nov 22, 2017 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Wonderful Episode

Whateverlife said:
doll can grow hair?

She is a possessed doll

Nov 22, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
I have no words to describe this ep , it was really good, i never thought this show would make me cry twice ,it just keeps getting better and better, also, it seems like i was not the only one who cried.
I liked when the father and the dog were showed together at the last part, It was very emotive and sad at the same , It gave me a bitter-sweet beatiful feeling, i might overdo it but that's the meaning of "real friendship" there , "you guided and encouraged me when i was young and had lost my way, now it's time for me to become your eyes and guide you in your way".
Nov 22, 2017 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! This episode confirms how sweet and profound this anime series is. While giving a different appearance, the narrative is a serious business, every time we see a new story. Another thing that I really appreciate is the floral component always present in the scenarios of all the episodes, which beautiful! Really a nice twist to the finish.

Hiina said:
Beautiful episode. And pretty light-hearted even though the daughter tried to drown herself and the father didn't want to wake up from his coma. It really shows that sometimes all you need is someone to help you accept what life throws at you, and that things might not be as bad or inescapable as they appear to be.

I loved the development of finding out that Kaito grew up to be a sight-seeing dog, to that father no less. Then again I've always been extremely weak against dogs. Call me simple but it brought me to (happy) tears

Here's to hoping next week's episode will be just as lovely!

I also gave up the feelings and the tears came out naturally.

9jaotaku3S said:
That was a wonderful episode

1.It was mentioned in the first episode that konohantei is located 'at the intersection of worlds'. Today's episode kind of reinforces it.

2.I liked today's theme...that of finding your purpose in life, and not allowing circumstances to prevent you from finding your purpose.

3.Problem with that smoking guy...he seems to think that he would be a burden to everyone if he went back...when in reality..his wife deeply loved him, and his daughter too

4.Liked the way that we start with three stories....and ended with one.

5.This was, for me, a wonderful and soothing episode. As usual.

6.Quote of the day...'We are all dancing in the palm of God's hand'. And it may seem that God is unfair...but at the end..He isn't.

God does not test us for the taste of suffering or expecting something from us human, He already knows more than we know about ourselves. All this serves us to experience ourselves.
Nov 22, 2017 11:46 AM

Feb 2007
Dear god, is this series good at moving me to tears... It was also nice to see the seemingly unrelated parts to be connected like this in the end. ^_^

And Kaito's real identity also explained why he grew up so fast. :D
Nov 22, 2017 12:49 PM

Mar 2016
Another failed attempt to connect the characters with some kind of emotional tale. The way they did the ending was nice I guess. This show is all over the place.
syncrogazerNov 22, 2017 12:59 PM
Nov 22, 2017 1:05 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What the fuck...

That blew my fucking mind. That was amazing.
Nov 22, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2016
Swagernator said:
So basically there are two worlds.

Also i love when simple show hits me with something unexpectedly deep, the ending was great.

Actually there are at least 3, "Real" World, Yuzu's World, and The world of the dead according to the prev. eps. Yuzu's world maybe just like border / middle-world / barrier that separate the other world. Since I didn't read the real source of the anime so this is just a hypothesis based on what the anime tell us.
Nov 22, 2017 1:15 PM

Aug 2017
This caught me completely off guard. I didn't expect this lighthearted adorable show to take such twists and deliver such an incredibly touching episode. I didn't even notice how much it affected me until tears just rolled down my cheeks at the end. This show is truly beautiful.
Nov 22, 2017 1:15 PM

Apr 2016
HiddenArmy said:
Actually there are at least 3, "Real" World, Yuzu's World, and The world of the dead according to the prev. eps. Yuzu's world maybe just like border / middle-world / barrier that separate the other world. Since I didn't read the real source of the anime so this is just a hypothesis based on what the anime tell us.

Yeah pretty much, i'm getting Angel Beats vibes here.
Nov 22, 2017 1:19 PM

Nov 2008
This series continues to impress me and .. soothe ? me at the same time; the way this episode expounded upon 'the intersection of worlds' bit was well done; the the three 'wanders' being connected was perfect (and they were connected at different times) But Glad Yuzu was able to help Mei see perhaps what she was missing (forest through the trees) Kaito being a dog was quite a powerful twist I didnt see coming. I was also glad to see she wound up writing her book .. and remembers more than a bit of Yuzu ;)
Nov 22, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2016
holy shit this is just so good, that final scene that connect everything is just so perfect
Konohana world is basically something like dream world or evne somethng like in Death Parade. I want to go thereand meet yuzu while i;m sleeping too!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 22, 2017 2:09 PM

Jan 2014
Lol at first I was like, "Huh? Was there always a beach nearby?"

Anyway, suddenly this show makes so much sense now.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 22, 2017 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
Best episode yet.

And that plot twist at the end.

Nov 22, 2017 2:50 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
What a beautiful plot twist.

Yuzu is way too OP for the show's own good though...
Nov 22, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2016
I never thought this anime would be so deep in the narrative aspect. I'm so impressed to be honest. Great episode!
Nov 22, 2017 3:21 PM

May 2015
I really didn't expect that ending and the connection, that was really impressive.

Absolutely a beautiful and an amazing episode.

Nov 22, 2017 3:23 PM
Aug 2014
duhfuq the boy was a dog xD
Nov 22, 2017 3:41 PM
Nov 2015
beautiful. very touching. :')
Nov 22, 2017 4:28 PM

Oct 2014
Finally!
Tbh, this anime has been pretty consistent episodic sad stories.
The yuri part may annoy some (yet entertain others) but other than that, it is a pretty decent SOL.
The director may have messed up a bit with the screenplay and storytelling here and there every episode (which is, a typical Lerche,) but other than that, this anime has been pretty solid and certainly deserves more attention.
All it lacked... was a standout episode, a vocal episode that we can say is better than the rest. Finally it gets it!
Nov 22, 2017 4:31 PM

Jan 2011
for the longest time i was wondering what time period this took place in but it turns out there's two worlds .

but seriously what the fuck! tfw you get mind fucked by a slice of life lol ,only slightly thought the guy's wife's daughter was the girl from the start but all of them connecting surprised the shit out of me.

Yuzu is still to pure for these worlds
Nov 22, 2017 5:11 PM
Jun 2017
ONe of my favorite episode on this series, i mean i love how how the story flows on this one, i dont expect this kind of twist on this one.

* i am so touch from this episode...
Nov 22, 2017 7:23 PM

Dec 2015
ZBlastHistory said:

But then again there is a MALE (non guest) to get close to anyone from Inn i don't expect that

Remember that a dog ages faster.
11/10 episode. The end caught me off guard.
Guide dogs spend one year with a "socializing" family before getting back to training so they can get used to being with people. In the end all the other kids were guide dogs too.

Twintail_NamiNov 22, 2017 7:30 PM
Nov 22, 2017 7:54 PM
Jun 2016
This episode is great in that it's answered some things I've wondered, is this just a fantasy world, the yokai world or what, well it's sorta both ours and not ours.
Nov 22, 2017 9:16 PM

Feb 2014
First episode of anything in a long time that actually surprised me with a twist *golf clap*

Nov 22, 2017 9:16 PM

Jan 2015
Story that focused more on the guest. The end of the episode is definitely adorable. All the event and people are connected without no question mark left behind.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 22, 2017 10:13 PM

Sep 2017
this episode was pretty meta (thats what meta means right). that was a really interesting twist at the end, how the boy was a dog and the old guy was blind. i liked how they connected it all together.
Nov 22, 2017 10:48 PM
Sep 2014
ridley388 said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Remember that a dog ages faster.
11/10 episode. The end caught me off guard.
Guide dogs spend one year with a "socializing" family before getting back to training so they can get used to being with people. In the end all the other kids were guide dogs too.

There has to be something time-related going on though; Matsumoto was still in high school when she wandered in and met Yuzu. Meanwhile, the man (her father in the anime) said that she had was living on her own, and we see by the end (Kaito's final visit) that she had published a picture book. Typically, you would expect a Japanese person to live on their own when they enter university or join the workforce. While it is possible to write and release a book while schooling, it's probably not the best idea. On the man's end, while he looks fairly young for some reason, his wife looks to be in her forties at least so we can reasonably expect him to be about her age as well. So my conclusion is that there was at least a gap of a few years between Matsumoto's timeline and the man's timeline. As for Kaito, whether or not there's any gap between his and the man's timeline depends on how long the man had to spend in the hospital between his departure (i.e. awakening) and his being discharged from the hospital. The shorter this period of time, the larger the gap in time between Kaito's and the man's timelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2017

59 by MesterRetek01 »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

124 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jul 4, 2023 4:15 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2017

86 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 21, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2017

63 by jieanteater »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2017

57 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 15, 2022 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.