Forum Settings
Forums

What anime did you thought was amazing but most people that you know criticize it?

New
Nov 9, 2017 3:19 AM
Apr 2016
Some anime that I'd watched was kinda good or at least average while some people(or lots) of people don't like it (ex.School days) since that's pretty much society right now. So do you have an anime that most people don't like but you do?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 9, 2017 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
world trigger! other than visual and pace, it was damn good...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 2014
I don't have one..
Not that i care though

Aug 2016
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season comes to mind especially at the moment lol
Nov 9, 2017 4:06 AM

Feb 2013
if by people i know you mean passing comments on tha forumz, then stuff like mirai nikki, danganronpa, akame ga kill, elfen lied, etc
Nov 9, 2017 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
though practically all of my friends were/are into anime, i couldn't get any of them into slayers.. ever.. and it has been my top favorite anime since i started watching anime.
Nov 9, 2017 4:29 AM
Aug 2017
Love live!, Non non biyori and Kill la kill.

They either didn't like the story, pacing or animation style
Nov 9, 2017 5:51 AM

Oct 2015
Kuma said:
world trigger! other than visual and pace, it was damn good...

you gave it 7 tho brah... =/, but its k, i also like it =3=

OT: rakudai and idolmaster lul
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Nov 9, 2017 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Any anime which is popular or trending or anime made by Studio Trigger.
Nov 9, 2017 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
One Piece is considered a flawless masterpiece of the shounen genre in the italian community but as soon as i expanded my horizons with international communities i found another shocking reality that opened my eyes quite brutally.
Nov 9, 2017 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
I personally loved SAO since it was one of my shows in the past being my favorites. But even if I don't have it high up there, I still liked it.

There have been multiple people that criticized the anime a lot though on my end, even irl.
Nov 9, 2017 6:32 AM

Jan 2010
Everyone thought School Days is the worst harem but I thought it has the best ending in any harem I've watched (which is like...only three so far lol)

Also Red Data Girl. Everyone seems to hate it. I loved it a lot.
Nov 9, 2017 6:36 AM

Aug 2012
I really like SAO and everyone hates it.

EDIT: And Naruto, I love Naruto xD
Yagami-ZeroNov 9, 2017 7:37 AM

Nov 9, 2017 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
It has to be Fairy Tail for me. It is not amazing, but it is still one of my favorites. The series really helped me during a bad time in my life. I was a bit disappointed by the ending though.
Nov 9, 2017 6:40 AM
Aug 2011
Probably just Pokemon, I think the anime while being mostly filler has some really hard earned moments and cool battles.
Nov 9, 2017 7:01 AM

Jun 2016
basicaly go to this site: http://graph.anime.plus/
put in your name, and search for the anime that has the highest positive difference from average. :D

For me it is Psycho Pass II with +2.44 points above the average. I still think it is a completly misunderstood work, probably also too intelligent for its audience. And this is also total in accordance with my experience that most people lack a basic understanding for systems and its functioning.

Which is a pity as I dont see how on earth we could fix the issues in this messed up world without that knowledge.
Nov 9, 2017 7:03 AM

Feb 2017
Charlotte and shigatsu wa kami no uso
Nov 9, 2017 7:15 AM

Mar 2016
Yeah, I watched Brothers Conflict and really enjoyed it, but a lot of people said it was only a 6. I gave it an 8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 7:19 AM

Mar 2016
Shicchi said:
Everyone thought School Days is the worst harem but I thought it has the best ending in any harem I've watched (which is like...only three so far lol)

I have to say that I agree with this. By far best harem show, with an actual ending.
Nov 9, 2017 7:20 AM

May 2016
Shimoneta. A lot of people just claim that it's just fanservice for the sake of it, but It has deeper meaning than that.

Plus, Anna is the best yandere Ever. Yes, Even better than that overrated trashy Yuno Gasai!
Accept everyone's opinions. Unless they are badly constructed or something the lines of "Uhh duuh da girls were sexy"

That's not an opinion, that's Something called "A lack of brain cells". Specifically the latter.

Everyone who likes Eromanga-Sensei is a pedophile.
Nov 9, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2016
Akame Ga Kill
I liked it but it seems like a lot of people do not. Even my friends hated it but for me, it was cool.
Nov 9, 2017 7:24 AM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
People shit on BNHA all the time yet have no ground to say it's bad other then some redundant "it's generic" phrasing, I'm over it.

M'probably that person for Naruto, granted I've watched and read a majority of that series so I am very aware of my bitterness towards it.
Nov 9, 2017 7:24 AM

Apr 2015
I don't understand why people dislike Ponyo or consider it Miyazaki's weakest work. It's full of a childhood energy similar to Totoro and has beautiful visuals.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 9, 2017 7:37 AM

Aug 2017
I'm new to anime (only started watching a few months ago) but i'll pick 2 main ones I like:

"Zero No Tsukaima" series - I see this series gets a lot of shit in reviews for various reasons but regardless I still adore the series. I'm a big fan of romance in anime and this show has a lot of really nice romance scenes and the character's relationship develops a lot over the course of the anime. Also the world building is excellent in the show, you see so many different places throughout the anime. Out of every anime I've watched I'd say this is definitely my favourite anime, I've not had anywhere near as much fun watching a show as I have this one.

"Highschool DxD" series - this is probably the anime I see getting criticised the most, I will admit that it has some flaws but people criticise it for being "too ecchi" when it clearly has "ecchi" and "mild nudity" in the tags for the show. I personally have no issue at all with nudity/ecchi being in an anime as long as there is some story to go along with it and DxD has a really good story to go along with the ecchi. Also it has a great sense of humour which gives the show a certain charm, you know there is going to be silly ecchi scenes but expecting them is part of the fun of watching.

"Sword Art Online" is another one that I think gets a little too much flak, the gungale arc in the second season was dreadful in my opinion and the fairy dance arc wasn't the best but I adored the "Sword Art", "Excalibur" and "Mothers Rosario" arcs and that is definitely where SAO's strength lies. Even with it's flaws I still really enjoyed the show.
UnknownAKNov 9, 2017 8:06 AM
Nov 9, 2017 8:49 AM

Apr 2017
Definitely Diabolik lovers, well, the show wasn't good nor bad, it was average so I gave it 7, It is very underrated.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 9, 2017 8:50 AM

Oct 2015
@Manaban We know Yosuga no Sora is underrated.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 9, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2009
ZeroZero0 said:
Some anime that I'd watched was kinda good or at least average while some people(or lots) of people don't like it (ex.School days) since that's pretty much society right now. So do you have an anime that most people don't like but you do?

Heh. I have tons of those. You see, I like anime, while a lot of people don't like anime as much as I do.

The shining example is Kodomo no Jikan (2007). It is a work of true art that shines light on a lot of modern problems, but people hate it because it dares to portray children as something else than innocent dolls for adults to play with.

The second example is Sword Art Online. SAO isn't some high-flaunting work of art, it's straightaway pandering. Pandering to people like me, and I totally appreciate it.

I often meet hostility to Mirai Nikki too. Something about plot holes and plot falling apart by the end. It worked quite well for me to the end, I don't know why it didn't work for them.

The silliest example is probably Occultic;Nine. Occultic;Nine is SAO's evil twin - it doesn't pander, and goes out of the way to challenge the fans.
A lot of fans fail the challenge of surviving Ryou-tas's massive breasts bouncing on the screen. You know, serious people have come for the mysteries and for the maladjusted protagonist prevailing against all odds. Yet they see some bouncing breasts, and they flip their monitors and run away. Sure, I doubt anybody enjoyed these particular breasts (they go beyond sexy and into uncanny valley), but is your spirit this weak, mystery fans?

XAnima13X said:
basicaly go to this site: http://graph.anime.plus/
put in your name, and search for the anime that has the highest positive difference from average. :D

Oh, that makes things so easy!
First Squad: The Moment of Truth - this anime is just perfect. If you're Russian, like urban fantasy and don't suffer from excess patriotic fervor. There aren't that many people like this.
Coppelion - because the only thing that can make city ruins better are schoolgirl explorers. Many people don't appreciate how anime this is, I guess.
Rocket Girls - hard sci-fi, anime style. There aren't many people clever enough to appreciate that.
Astarotte no Omocha!, Dirty Pair, Bikini Warriors - because I like sexy things. Ecchi uber alles!
Escha & Logy no Atelier, Zettai Shounen, Shukufuku no Campanella, Sketchbook: Full Color's - because I like slice-of-life, but the genre is overall underappreciated.
flannanNov 9, 2017 9:12 AM
Nov 9, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
Elfen Lied. Dark themes and gore means it's necessarily a shallow and edgy anime, it seems.

Nov 9, 2017 9:18 AM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
CatSoul said:
I don't understand why people dislike Ponyo or consider it Miyazaki's weakest work. It's full of a childhood energy similar to Totoro and has beautiful visuals.

I think the argument is that if it has simple themes and "not deep" then it can't be as good as something like Mononoke or his high regarded work. Which is complete garbage the work that went into Ponyo is pretty masterful, its incredibly unique with using the Little Mermaid outline. Plebs.
Nov 9, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
Azeew said:
Elfen Lied. Dark themes and gore means it's necessarily a shallow and edgy anime, it seems.

it was an ok anime. the dub was horrible though, and that's a big turn-off for me. ..especially considering the year it came out.

come on... i supported the fuck out of dubbed anime...and continue to do so.
watched practically everything from the 90s

really late in the game to be having such shit dubs.
Nov 9, 2017 9:22 AM

Mar 2017
To be honest, I loved SAO and patiently waiting for Ordinal Scale (Dub) and season 3 to come. Apparently, most of the MAL doesn't share the common interest with me.
Nov 9, 2017 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
B-baka! It's not like I like SAO or anything like that... And I certainly d--don't like incest series! B--baka! They'll look down upon me!
Nov 9, 2017 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Stripesu said:
CatSoul said:

I think the argument is that if it has simple themes and "not deep" then it can't be as good as something like Mononoke or his high regarded work. Which is complete garbage the work that went into Ponyo is pretty masterful, its incredibly unique with using the Little Mermaid outline. Plebs.

Ponyo is actually my favorite. anime in general is lacking thematically...sad to find it noticeable being Ponyo having the most coherent ghibli film..
so much anime gets caught up in meticulous irrelevant bullshit probably flak from fanservice
Nov 9, 2017 9:47 AM

Feb 2015
Gakkougurashi, Arslan Senki, Nanbaka and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress are some that not many seem to like... Or at least I thought they were better than I was told...
Nov 9, 2017 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Won't call them "amazing", but:

Mayoiga. It was a beautiful trainwreck and one of the funniest animes I had the pleasure to watch. People say is boring and/or stupid, but, for me, it was simply a masterpiece.

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou. It managed to create an interesting setting, with badass designs for the main characters and a decent villain. The battles were cool too. Too bad it only had one season.

Deen's Fate/Stay Night. It has a lot of flaws, but it was the thing who introduced me to the Nasuverse, and its OST its way better than the one from ufotable's anime. It still has an special place in my heart to these days.

Highschool of the Dead. I knew I was going to see zombies and boobs. And that is exactly what I got. And it was a very enjoyable ride. Too bad the manga is as dead as the zombies who are featured in it...
Nov 9, 2017 10:41 AM

Jul 2016
Nothing that's hated on the level of School Days. I guess the most criticized anime that I like is Yuri on Ice but even that has more than an 8 on MAL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2016
One of my favourite animes is Fairy Tail and I think it's really good but my friends who watch anime thinks that Fairy Tail is lame and boring and that's why they don't like it at all.
Nov 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2015
I like almost anything, so I get it quite a lot (ppl that I know saying bad things about animes that I like)... Like Mayoiga, Isekai wa smartphone and SAO (first season).

Btw, I watched a few shows that the MAL ratings are 2-3 and I gave it 8-9 (and sometimes it happens that some are rate 9 and I rate it 1-2 lol)
Nov 9, 2017 10:56 AM
Aug 2016
No, there isn't a single anime that would fall into that category. And even if there were, I wouldn't care.
Nov 9, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
Grisaia no Kajitsu and Mondaiji. I dont care if people dont like it. I fucking like alpha edgy main characters.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 9, 2017 11:02 AM

Oct 2015
nymi said:
Grisaia no Kajitsu and Mondaiji. I dont care if people dont like it. I fucking like alpha edgy main characters.
Yuuji is my man. Then there is my 2nd best waifu of all time, Amane :D

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 9, 2017 11:06 AM

Aug 2015
Boogiepop Phantom is the first show that came to mind. The main criticisms that I've heard are the plot being difficult to follow and that the animation and art style is overbearing.
Nov 9, 2017 11:10 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Gintokikachi said:
@Manaban We know Yosuga no Sora is underrated.

yeah

6.63 mean score is a joke for that series even by this site's standards

Nov 9, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
School Days is very good in my opinion.
Nov 9, 2017 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
Danganronpa: I really did feel like this show was amazing! First series was fantastic. Second series was still pretty good, even though one of the two arcs was disappointing. But it gets tons of hate because it's "not as good as the game."

Kuroshitsuji: My number one favourite series. Yes, it has lots of yaoi hints but it actually has a fantastic plot. I will admit I enjoy the yaoi moments but I do love it not just for that.

Free: So, I can understand somewhat why this gets some hate. Sports anime wouldn't appeal to people who don't like sport. But I really enjoyed this even though I have no interest in swimming, so this series was actually pretty well done.

Mirai Nikki: Again, can understand why this gets lots of hate. There's a huge amount of plot holes in this. The main male character is a wimp, and it relies too heavily on the yandere trope. But it's still a very interesting plot.
Nov 9, 2017 3:11 PM

May 2012
School Days. I have an indepth thematic analysis of the show on my hard drive and also a psychological analysis of the characters as well.
Nov 9, 2017 3:12 PM

Jul 2015
Not really criticize, but most of the people I know find Kiniro Mosaic to be average or mediocre compared to the rest of the genre, but to me it's one of my clear favorite series in general.
Nov 9, 2017 3:14 PM

Apr 2011
Definitely School Days. I wouldn't say it's anything close to a masterpiece but still a great, underappreciated show and probably the best harem rom com ever made.
Nov 9, 2017 3:15 PM

May 2012
Elesh said:
Definitely School Days. I wouldn't say it's anything close to a masterpiece but still a great, underappreciated show and probably the best harem rom com ever made.

I wouldn't say school days is a rom com since there is frighteningly little humor in the actual show. It is quite dark actually.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

21 by _ATG_ »»
33 seconds ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

26 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 5 hours ago

10 by _ATG_ »»
5 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

56 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

20 by DigiCat »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.