Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 15, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, is it just me or does this series really like to feature the main male MC without clothes on..? Or at least this episode anyway.

Seems Itsuki made Miyako a bit mad and got a slap to the face.

Lot of fan service with the girls as expected.
Stark700Oct 15, 2017 8:07 AM
Oct 15, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly this episode was much better than the first and we got some background story about the characters which was really nice.
I have to say that the main is a bit sad tho calling a girl he just met a bitch even tho she was just trying to approach him.
Well it seems she does have some feelings for him seeing she is still coming despite the things that happened.
Oct 15, 2017 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
Why in the world is Nayu naked while writing wtf.....
And that nyanpasu LOL
MiDNiGhT2903Oct 15, 2017 8:05 AM
Oct 15, 2017 8:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode wasn't as funny as the first but it was still equally as good given that we got to see the backstories of our mains with the slight exception of Nayu whose background is still shrouded in a bit of mystery

I liked the relationship that the MC has Miyako a lot though, their interactions and conversations were pretty amusing and the same can be said with her and Nayu too (I'm not gonna lie, her writing naked is 10/10 and Miyako joining in made it 20/10)

But uhhhhhhhhhh, that post credits scene tho =/ Don't tell me that the step sibling really is a girl.......
Oct 15, 2017 8:08 AM

Dec 2014
I feared they would have just carried on without properly introducing the characters, instead we got many flashbacks and backstories in this episode that helped understanding everyone's motivations and worries. I don't know why they went with those 4-koma like stamps and debatable comedy last episode. This was much better in terms of flow even with all the cuts between different stories. Perhaps a bit rushed for the two girls, but we already saw a glimpse of Nayu's past last episode and we might get more from Miyako in the future. All in all pretty decent episode and the anime won back my attention ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 15, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
This episode wasn't as funny as the first but it was still equally as good given that we got to see the backstories of our mains with the slight exception of Nayu whose background is still shrouded in a bit of mystery

I liked the relationship that the MC has Miyako a lot though, their interactions and conversations were pretty amusing and the same can be said with her and Nayu too (I'm not gonna lie, her writing naked is 10/10 and Miyako joining in made it 20/10)

But uhhhhhhhhhh, that post credits scene tho =/ Don't tell me that the step sibling really is a girl.......

Seconded. Nayu and Miyako's scenes were glorious.

I also think the show did a good job of characterizing Haruto.

I really really liked Itsuki's Monologue at the end about how someone else will always have what you want and more often than not, it'll hardly mean anything to them.
Oct 15, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
"I thought all college girls were dick eaters."

Well, at least they are not 12 anymore I guess.
Oct 15, 2017 8:35 AM
Jul 2017
Tokoya said:

wait i thought it was quite obvious from the beginning. you really thought that chihiro is a dude?
Oct 15, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
first episode made me laugh
second episode was completely, suppose all the backstories are out the way now atleast.

i pretty much only like how the characters are dressed for winter.

Oct 15, 2017 8:38 AM
Jul 2017
Goddammit when will this anime wil finaly get a 7+ rating. It got overshadowed with the fact that it has "imouto" on its title when this is nowhere near oreimo type of shit
Oct 15, 2017 8:40 AM

Dec 2010
Anovry__ said:
Tokoya said:

wait i thought it was quite obvious from the beginning. you really thought that chihiro is a dude?

well the first episode did introduce him as itsukis step brother. I guess the final few seconds of ep 2 was made to clarify that he is actually a she.
Oct 15, 2017 8:43 AM
Jul 2017
Coldbid said:
Anovry__ said:

well the first episode did introduce him as itsukis step brother. I guess the final few seconds of ep 2 was made to clarify that he is actually a she.
its just kinda like my intuition. But seriously i thought it was really obvious, right?
Oct 15, 2017 9:00 AM

Feb 2017
Is it me, or it's one of the funniest animes this year?
It's only 2nd episode and I already want to rate it 10.
I like how (and I hope it won't change) main character has a weird obsession with little sisters, writes strange things about them but is actually pretty normal.
Also, the end of this episode was pretty deep.
I can't wait for more.
Oct 15, 2017 9:03 AM
Jun 2014
I have mixed feelings on the beginning segment, but the rest of the episode transitioned the scenes quite well. It felt way more natural than the constant use of stamp in the first episode. Keep it up this way!
Oct 15, 2017 9:05 AM

Nov 2014
There was a lot of character development here. Nayuta and Miyako both have feelings for Itsuki . Haruto is very competitive, and feels that with mainstream appeal he can eventually pass those with critical acclaim. And it was telling how nervous Itsuki's brother looked when he said that he had a sister, and the sigh of relief when he said that his sister was in his heart. Something curious is going on there.

Another good episode.

5/5
Oct 15, 2017 9:10 AM

Oct 2011
Nyanpasu~ Looks like the MC is a fan of Non Non Biyori. :D

Oct 15, 2017 9:23 AM

Nov 2013
Haruto's little sister is literally Shimada Minami,
holy fuckin shit I missed her voice
Oct 15, 2017 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
Sometimes the episode becomes so cringing
Oct 15, 2017 9:32 AM

Dec 2016
Idk why but it's seems like the first part of the eps. is for questioning your morality... Even though it's only for research. The rest part is good though. Since this is an 12 eps. anime I hope they don't rushed it too much and have an open ending like Koi to Uso. I hope...
HiddenArmyOct 15, 2017 9:39 AM
Oct 15, 2017 9:43 AM
Jan 2017
For once, I'm glad the show is avoiding the usual imouto tropes and instead doing some commentary on the characters' personal lives and relationships. We get some backstory on Itsuki and Miyako, as well as some hilarious banter. Also, is it just me or the animation quality briefly went up during the fanservice scene? Anyway, this is proving to be a pleasant watching experience, and hopefully it will improve over the season.
Oct 15, 2017 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
I wish this anime went back to being a full comedy, because the drama suuucks.

Her backstory is she was bullied...really? I expected something actually serious, like loss of a family member, shitty grades.

Why do we have to wait until the end of the anime for them to solve their stupid romantic problem? Why can't it be solved now, get it over with?

What's the plot?
Oct 15, 2017 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
HeroVladimir93 said:
For once, I'm glad the show is avoiding the usual imouto tropes and instead doing some commentary on the characters' personal lives and relationships. We get some backstory on Itsuki and Miyako, as well as some hilarious banter. Also, is it just me or the animation quality briefly went up during the fanservice scene? Anyway, this is proving to be a pleasant watching experience, and hopefully it will improve over the season.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the slicker animation during the fan service scene. It made it way hotter.
Oct 15, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
Very good episode, the backstories is revealed, I think Mya-san love Itsuki too...
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Oct 15, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoy that last bit in the end with the monologue. this episode gives more depth to the characters, so they all have their own troubles, but can sill carry on in their lives and find joy when they meet up.

the fanservice scene was unexpected because I thought it was gonna be insinuated, not actually shown
Oct 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
Could be an interesting series about writers and writing, but most of the screen time is wasted on poor attempts at humour and contrived service scenes. Not worth it.
Oct 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Fook, this is actually so good! The characters are profound and realistic in the same time. Their posture is fascinating. The chciks are gorgeous. The jokes are obscene. The soundtrack is on point . What else is required for an anime of the season?
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Oct 15, 2017 10:51 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, definitly was a step-up from the last episode.

also, bonus point for no stamps bullshit this episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 15, 2017 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. It's nice they did a background story of the main.

So Chihiro is actually a girl.

Oct 15, 2017 11:08 AM
Mar 2016
Itsuki is quite annoying, he has a sister but not his idea sister cu'z he doesn't know that his sister is a cross dresser.......
Oct 15, 2017 11:08 AM

Sep 2013
Backstory about their past and motivations, being an author is tough.
Oct 15, 2017 11:23 AM
Dec 2011
It's still in the middle of LN Vol 1's story but some parts from Ep 2 actually occur later in the LN. The part where Chihiro is revealed as a girl happens at the end of LN Vol 1.

The service scene at the hotel is actually from Vol 2 and the anime cut out the more lewd parts that happen after Nayuta asks Miyako if she can fondle her butt. Maybe they decided to split that scene by putting the early part in Ep 2 and then the rest will be in a later episode.
Oct 15, 2017 11:40 AM
Mar 2015
Wow. I was pretty surprised by how they filled most of the episode with trashy jokes and fanservice, and then right at the end pulled a really clever thesis out of it. Makes me think maybe the elements which appear to be less than clever are actually in service of some bigger idea they're building towards. Will have to keep watching to find out.
Oct 15, 2017 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
"Ships Itsuki with Nayuta after ep 1"
"Want to ship him with Miyako after ep 2 but still ship him with Nayu"

YYYYYYYY Why must i get hurt when 1 of them (or worse maybe both?) gets rejected?!?
Oct 15, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
Been a while since I made a gif.

Oct 15, 2017 12:25 PM
May 2017
Cannot call this episode's erotic scenes fanservice because all of them are inside the story. Fanservice uses to be outside the story scope and with the only purpose of pleasing the fans. Silver Link knew to animate all nude scenes in a smart way, without censorship need; all of them are very beautiful. The story is getting better. The characters are getting more interesting. Girls are very pretty.
leonardobarbaOct 15, 2017 12:28 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 15, 2017 12:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Whew, that flashback scene of Nayi combined with the direction and visuals was great.

Everyone in this group of four has something that they want (a little sister, Itsuki himself, the dedication to do something worthwhile for yourself, success with writing something that appeals to the critics).

Haruto's desire is the most interesting for sure, he definitely didn't go wrong with his polished novel back then and it sold for sure but he was not satisfied being compared to Itsuki who seems to be a genius. I wanna see where this goes.

NYANPASU~~~!

Also i appreciate the fanservice there ;)
Oct 15, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2015
This show is, without a doubt, trash. I did appreciate the quick attempt at depth near the end when Haruto's getting angsty about his honorable mention award...but really, it was ultimately quite ironic when this show has clearly done everything that Haruto was criticized for (cashing in on current trend, doing a perfectly decent job but ultimately unoriginal, etc.) I may keep watching because I personally have no problem including a few brainless shows every cour, but it's not gonna get more than a 4 or 5 from me unless a miracle happens.
Oct 15, 2017 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
Non Non Biyori reference? xD Nyanpasu!
Oct 15, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2015
So far it feels more or less like an alternative version of Eromanga-sensei. Too bad trash of the season award already went to Umaru-chan so no kudos for this one.
Oct 15, 2017 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
Itsuki's last monologue and "Nyanpasu" were great, caught me off-guard. Pretty enjoyable until now
                                                    Sᴇᴛ by KOTORISAURUS

Oct 15, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
They didn't show the butt groping

1/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 15, 2017 1:09 PM
Jan 2014
when you need to hide your stepbrother that you're a girl because the fucking pevert has an obsession with Imouto xD

Poor Chihiro... a lifetime of hiding her imouto-pussy in danger ❤️❤️💚💚 xD

she is the truth Waifu in this season!

Don't insult decent Waifu's heart ❤️❤️

Albinos this season and year are more perverted than ever! xD

Nayuu... you haven't limits! xD *q* 👌❤️❤️

Nayu is as exciting in the novel as perverted! the Real Lascivious Girl! xD >///<
Oct 15, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 2013
What you want, someone else always has. And usually it means nothing to the person who actually has it. It's pretty much a miracle when you have what you want and most comedies and tragedies happen due to the absence of that miracle. That's basically how this whole world works.
Ain't it the truth...
Oct 15, 2017 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
I dont know. I kinda like the general theme of the story because I liked Bakuman. But the characters are just so over the top. Miyako and Haruto are kind of normal, while Nayuta is basically a nymph and Itsuki has a little-sister-compley and is talking about it 24/7. Its just annoying. Im kinda 50/50 right now, but I liked this episode much more than the first one.
Oct 15, 2017 1:38 PM
Jan 2014
matheoo41 said:
What you want, someone else always has. And usually it means nothing to the person who actually has it. It's pretty much a miracle when you have what you want and most comedies and tragedies happen due to the absence of that miracle. That's basically how this whole world works.
Ain't it the truth...

Very true, that it is a philosophy in our world, the balance comes from that something good or what you want ends up happening to others who do not value it, and you can only look at from afar like that you love is wasted by others people...

Itsuki is a stupid protagonist, but knows very well that miracles do not exist, the reality is one, and you can't change what can't be changed. In that sense is very realistic, although he likes to fantasize with the idea of a small sister, although he doesn't know the whole truth in his family xD

Another thing that is certainly true, is this incorrect adaptation! fuck! they omitted literal the naked Myaa and Nayu! fuck! and Nayu tells even more about the abuse he suffered when she was small and at school! ... the studio did a flashback and it was horrible!

I love the ED it's beautiful! It reminds me of the Korean Doramas that my sister sees xD

I needed these scenes! I needed to see the beautiful, tight and sweet peach of Myaa!

I hope they do not censor the scene of the thermal bath xD This is a masterpiece of Kantoku-sensei! 👌💙💙

Oct 15, 2017 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
OP and ED are awesome. And that guitar tune was sweet.
Ironwarrer said:
Another thing that is certainly true, is this incorrect adaptation! fuck! they omitted literal the naked Myaa and Nayu! fuck!

What they showed was enough.
Wouldn't mind seeing more of Kani's backstory though.
Ironwarrer said:

I needed these scenes! I needed to see the beautiful, tight and sweet peach of Myaa!

Whew, lad.
hibikase_ffOct 15, 2017 1:52 PM
Oct 15, 2017 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
The naked scenes aside, this episode actually showed how deep it can be when portraying a character's problems. It surprised me a bit.

It seems Miyako wants a passion, something that Nayuta and Itsuki have. But Nayuta wants to have Itsuki all to herself. However, Itsuki wants a little sister. And then, Haruto does have a sister but says it's not all that great, yet Haruto wants Itsuki's reputation.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 15, 2017 2:04 PM
Jan 2014
hibikase_ff said:
OP and ED are awesome. And that guitar tune was sweet.
Ironwarrer said:
Another thing that is certainly true, is this incorrect adaptation! fuck! they omitted literal the naked Myaa and Nayu! fuck!

What they showed was enough.
Wouldn't mind seeing more of Kani's backstory though.
Ironwarrer said:

Whew, lad.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAW! your anger is exciting....

hehehehe it seems that you were bothered by the nudes of Mya and Nayu... well, when Kantoku-sensei drew this, he felt a special affection when drew the sweet lines of Miya's ass :3
Oct 15, 2017 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
Itsuki gave a bad first impression to Miyako. He got her mad and received a well-deserved slap. Nayuta likes to write her stories naked. She has a mysterious past.
Oct 15, 2017 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
Ironwarrer said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAW! your anger is exciting....

Why would I be angry? I actually found that comment quite amusing.
hibikase_ffOct 15, 2017 2:24 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

166 by Dapineappleking1 »»
Apr 6, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

104 by Miki42 »»
Jan 11, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

231 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 11:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.