Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 16, 2017 12:23 PM
Jul 2017
SUMMARY:

Killer clowns with laser rifles in a zeppelin submarine.

Shooting psychic vegetable farmers on a mud whale in a sea of sand.

Because jelly creatures that eat your emotions.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Oct 16, 2017 12:29 PM

Feb 2016
TakamiKaribuchi said:
HereticHunter said:

well I find it a bit weird that you state this to be boring, but you managed to complete Sakurada Reset and also getting trough monogatari series (shows I like but I admit it can be a bit boring in certain cases) I know these 2 episodes were a bit slow, but they act much as a introduction, at least that is what I think, seems like things are going to be even better with that cliffhanger.

(this doesn't have anything to do if I like it or not)

Honestly, it was probably the characters that kept me going on Sakurada Reset and a bit with Monogatari, at first. Although, the monogatari characters became less compelling for me as I went on. I also liked the music and the art in both those shows. I certainly cannot deny that they were slow and boring at times, but I actually like other aspects and there seemed to be more to them just world building. I just don't find anything good about this series, besides the world building. It's pretty weird.

That explains pretty much... I understand now
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 16, 2017 12:53 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That locust swarm at night was GORGEOUS, wonderful scene.

Also interesting bit at the end with the Mud Whale people to be sinners, probably cause they still have emotions and the ''outside world'' doesn't. Why they attack them for it though, we'll have to see why that is.

That creature feeding on emotions is crazy.

Not yet sure if Sami is really dead, if she is then this is too soon for me to really care about it.
Oct 16, 2017 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
This took a dark turn real quick.

Curious about why the Mud Whale people are considered to be sinners.

Oct 16, 2017 1:13 PM

Sep 2015
Sorry bros, I will need to skip this series. After reading the manga, my heart is not ready for this kind of stories T.T
Oct 16, 2017 1:29 PM

Nov 2007
Loved it. I agree with comments stating it was slow at some moments, but still it was a great episode.

Envious Sami was adorable. She and Chakuro made a well paired couple. Such a pity she is most likely dead.
The lucust swarm was nice, unfortunately it interrupted Lykos' confession to Chakuro. It feels it could have been a warning. The one with time left to take action.
I'm really interested in council and what they do know.

The ending was quite unexpected and the action is left in very interesting point. Makes you wait for the next week with curiosity.
5/5
Oct 16, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2017
Damn, shit just hit the fan. So I'm guessing that there's going to be some deaths.

Is this show pulling a Danganronpa on us by killing the moe crush of the MC?! Will Chakuro find his inner strength and kick out this invading militia?! Will he be able to teach kuudere-chan that having feelings is ok?! Will we know more about the war going on behind the scenes?! Will you stop reading this with an exagerated narrator voice?!

Find out next week on Kujira no Kora's episode 3 discussion thread!
Oct 16, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
Damn! This is awesome. This one and The Ancient Magus' Bride are going to be fighting for the anime of the season title.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2017 4:22 PM
Dec 2007
Loved the ending !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 16, 2017 4:34 PM
Apr 2017
valvravetruth said:
Sorry bros, I will need to skip this series. After reading the manga, my heart is not ready for this kind of stories T.T

If that means that main characters suffer a lot, then this will be enjoyable to watch.
Oct 16, 2017 4:57 PM

Jul 2015
the writing is weak in how things are explained through one person talking to someone else unnaturally, and often, too. other than that, still goes good, wonder where this will go
Oct 16, 2017 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
This week's episode was a bit worse, what with the whole "nice guy convinces lonely outcast girl that she is loved/has a heart" thing. Solid ending though.

Peco said:
the writing is weak in how things are explained through one person talking to someone else unnaturally, and often, too.
Agreed. For example, it made little if any sense for Lady Taisha to tell her own righthand man about the nature of her political position. Obviously he knows. It would have been more natural if she said something like, "I'm frustrated that the Council won't let me see the girl." The viewer could have inferred that the Council holds the real power and she's more of a figurehead.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 16, 2017 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
The characters are nothing but basic archetypes, and they constantly stick to those archetypes, not just in their dialogue, but also their facial expressions and voices. Not helping is the fact that there is little to no conflict in the dialogue; none of these characters argue. Arguing can make even basic archetypes entertaining to watch. The characters in this anime express themselves in one of two ways:

A) In a dull monotonous voice

B) Being loud, and in many cases, screaming.

And why do the characters have to constantly explain their actions?
Why does the MC have to give a specific reason for why he's helping the girl?

My biggest question is, though, why is the MC, the MC? He's bland, melodramatic, and doesn't drive the plot whatsoever.
The ponytailed guy has more personality, and most important of all, he actually drives the plot, because he actually does something.
Oct 16, 2017 6:33 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not a fan of this cliffhanger at all. It feels manipulative, since Sami got shot (and I honestly haven't had time to get all that attached to her)... And it's annoying that the ending is that almost everyone seems to be talking about, even though we supposedly learned potentially interesting things throughout the episode. In other words, the cliffhanger feels heavy handed and all it does is distract me from what I've enjoyed about it so far. It wouldn't feel out of place in an action romp like Attack on Titan, but in this show, it does.
Oct 16, 2017 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
Who else thinks of Kanda, when they look at Ouni? XDD He must be my best boy of the season. I see that coming. I adore this guy hehe.

Again: Everything there is so beautifully drawn. Absolute love the art. So damn gorgeous. And the warm colors et... beautiful! *_*

The OP is also very catchy and looks very good.
The ED is love. x3

Great world building and very creative, love that and I love the ideas there.

Few "creepy" / catching parts and great background music.

I really like all of the MCs and I really can see something great for them coming.

What's the point in living there and trying to be save, when there are barely people with skills over 30?

Aww the swarm-spectacel was so beautiful!

THAT END. You can't. You can't... ;_; I know why I hate clowns.
removed-userOct 16, 2017 7:09 PM
Oct 16, 2017 7:37 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
MetaThPr4h said:
Oh c'mon, you can't just end the episode there!

After last week's episode I decided to read the manga, and unfortunately, the scanlated version ends about only a couple chapters past this too. Waaaaa, I dunno if I can hold on another week! (Though I do know at least a little bit of what happens next week, which I will keep to myself.)

They really handled the nous/Lykos very well. It was a little confusing in the manga (it looked like a bumpy wall with weird symbols on it), so I was glad that this episode made it clearer. The art is astounding. Undoubtedly the best art of the season, and good voice acting too. I usually rate at most one series at a 9 per season, but this is my 9 for this season. Provided, of course, that it continues to thrill me like these last two episodes have.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 16, 2017 8:53 PM

Jul 2015
So like... I thought there would be some kind of foreshadowing, or hints, or... anything to build up to the tragedy I knew would come with this anime... so like... WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT. YOU... HOW Dare you just drop that much depression on me INSTANTLY. Could have at least made it slightly subtle... I WASN'T READY FOR THAT. I want the next episode right now.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 16, 2017 9:10 PM

Oct 2015
Dem , this one and the Ancient of Magus Bride have the best art work in this season. So gorgeous !
Also really curious what will happen in the next episode, made me have a bad feeling. :/
Oct 16, 2017 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
wow that went dark quick
Oct 17, 2017 4:22 AM

Mar 2009
Better than the first episode, thankfully.
Oct 17, 2017 4:44 AM

Dec 2015
taynis said:
THAT
ENDING
THO
AAAAAAAA I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!

Same here!
I just loved this episode!
Oct 17, 2017 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
So that's where the "Drama" element come to. Okay, guess I'll keep with it for now.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 17, 2017 6:55 AM
Sep 2010
Just watched the first two eps and wow that’s quite an underrated show. I haven’t seen anyone talk about it on anime forums yet so I didn’t expect it to be so interesting, but now I’m really looking forward to the next episodes!
Oct 17, 2017 8:45 AM

May 2016
Hope Sami tanks that bullet. Pliz make my wishful thinking come true :'(
Oct 17, 2017 10:30 AM

Apr 2015
'Looks' absolutely gorgeous, so damn satisfying to look at, maybe the tone/dialogue is a little flat/bland/monotonous though. eg the buildup to the ending could and should have been more impactful.

Josh said:
For example, it made little if any sense for Lady Taisha to tell her own righthand man about the nature of her political position. Obviously he knows. It would have been more natural if she said something like, "I'm frustrated that the Council won't let me see the girl." The viewer could have inferred that the Council holds the real power and she's more of a figurehead.

Bad exposition's definitely a problem, but it's a fault that is so universal in anime that you do get to take it for granted I guess.
Oct 17, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2010
Couldn't stand the MC so hopefully this makes some changes in his personality but most likely not, oh well.

Atleast it is a gorgeous looking anime.
Oct 17, 2017 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
Very good looking animation and I can see myself getting more interested in the characters and story as the show goes on from here. Only 12 episodes though, so every episode needs to deliver or the story could fall flat.
Oct 17, 2017 2:03 PM

Oct 2008
It's just episode 2 and tragedy strikes already?
i hope Sami is okay, looks like she took a bullet for Chakuro! oh noes!
OP is very nice!
4/5.

Oct 17, 2017 6:45 PM

Mar 2013
killing off the waifu without any other cute characters remaining to fill the void is not ok in my books

butt fuck it, maybe they'll bring her back as some kind of bizarre cybord sex bot or somethin I dunno surprise me JC Staff
Oct 17, 2017 10:28 PM

Jul 2015
Already something terrible happens, and we were learning so much about numerous people, and the locust scene was really pretty. :( Things will surely get worse here, it seems.

I'm already really into this anime very much and it's only been two episodes. Really pretty artstyles, especially the background, nice music (love the OP and ED), very interesting in general to me. I'm very happy to be into this. :)
Oct 18, 2017 10:19 AM

Mar 2017
That episode was amazing omg.

And I can't get over the visuals of this animeI'm loving it.

Am I the only one who thinks the OP and ED are absolutly amazing. Those vocals are haunting. So far I'm loving this show. I hope they continue down the path and that the main cast leaves the island.
Oct 18, 2017 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
me before that scene: oh great we are gonna have a nice scene where the protagonist helps his waifu from the bullets
"sees the slow motion scene"

No no NO NO NO NO NONONONONO PLEASE NO
MY SHIP IS SINKING, HELP.......WHYY???
i'll seriously go cry now

Wow i think i'm way more annoyed at this than i should be. Someone please help...
removed-userOct 18, 2017 11:49 AM
Oct 18, 2017 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
I was rooting for Chakuro and Sami... they were so damn cute... and then...

NO.

I think I'm gonna need to prep my heart because this anime is going to make me suffer.
Oct 18, 2017 2:39 PM

Jan 2017
Enjoyed this episode waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more, not that i didn't enjoy the first one, but wasn't too sure about the plot and such, but this episode didn't disappoint.

I'm surprised, this is getting too interesting. The art espectacular, the music, specially when they were exploring the other island at the beginning was amazing.

5/5. Great expectations for this one.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 18, 2017 2:57 PM
Apr 2016
Cameriera said:
Am I the only one who thinks the OP and ED are absolutly amazing.

You have a comment right above yours that said the same thing, silly. >.>
Oct 18, 2017 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
Why do I get a Kingdom Hearts vibe from this show? Im just reminded of Destiny Islands

Im not too fond for the animation and backgrounds, maybe im just not used to them yet, and they kinda just threw everything at us, but I enjoy the story and holy shit that ending!!!!

Really looking forward to episode 3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 18, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
shit i mean i thought something like this would happen soon but not this soon

still can't get over how wonderful this art style looks
Oct 18, 2017 9:10 PM

Nov 2011
The openning made me thino this was going to be more slice of life but then it turned dark.
The show is interesting but some transitions are indeed weird. The scene with that guy smiling and being all like "ya know I used to have a kid...it died. Oh but I still like caring for Children" felt very much like unnecessary expositive.
But it was still a somewhat enjoyable episode.
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 19, 2017 7:45 AM

Mar 2012
The manga wasn't in the same order, it's pretty disturbing !
Lykos seems to already have emotion and this isn't the case in the manga. :o
But this second episode was pretty cool. :)

I don't really like the ending, how it was brought. But I already know what happened it's probably because of that, it's my problem. x)
HaarWyvernOct 19, 2017 7:52 AM
Oct 19, 2017 2:31 PM

May 2015
Holy damn, that ending.... I didn't see that one coming.

Oct 19, 2017 3:40 PM
Jun 2016
wow I was not really expecting all of that.
Oct 19, 2017 6:19 PM

Jun 2009
I did not expect that... Poor Sami, I liked her and kinda shipped with Chakuro already. I can't wait for next ep.!
Oct 20, 2017 1:58 AM

Sep 2014
Sami... don't dare to die or I will kill you for it!
So serious this is black horse in current season.
Oct 22, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Meh, was a step down from episode one.
None of the main characters is likeable to me.
Oct 22, 2017 2:10 PM
Restless One

Apr 2016
That escalated quickly. Oh well, bring on the tragedy! I devour that stuff by buckets.
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.
Oct 22, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2012
Didn't really like the comedy and anime tropes like in the last episode. It feels like only the setting is different but they act like they were actually living in modern Japan. The man who laughed while talking about his dead child was instant facepalm. Also, main character is still pretty annoying, I really hope the fix his attitude soon.

Other than that, it was pretty average episode, even though emotion-thieving blob was certainly a nice idea.

The end... well, it was unexpected but no hard feelings for me as Sami was just childhood friend archetype without needed screentime to develop any character, no loss for me.
I really hope this anime won't rely on those shockers, death like this had no other meaning other than disturb viewers (when she could serve as nice rival for Lykos inducing further drama - Sami touching the blob out of her love and despair to not feel any love towards MC would be a lot better choice for example).
Oct 22, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2012
When they left the island last week, I didn't think they'd be back an hour later lol. But at least they were able to learn a bit about the emotionless people.

It was such a light-hearted episode and then bam. Sami... :(
Oct 23, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2012
Oh my, so the island is already doomed then. I want to believe Sami is okay.

Shame, was quite enjoying the Gargantia like atmosphere. But I guess it'll be more like Future Boy Conan.
Oct 23, 2017 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
Little slow and boring,Lykos needed an episode to say Falania is doomed annoying but has potential to be good.
Oct 23, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
It's funny how regularly the laws are broken here.

That ending was shocking!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.