3It was OK
6.6%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.6
331 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 14, 2017 5:13 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Netflix (Japanese version) uploaded the second episode today.
https://twitter.com/kujisuna_anime/status/919233697504620544

The OP song is good, works quite well for this show imo. We got more character building between the main cast. Seems Lykos still isn't very trustworthy. Personally, I think this episode was good as the first one. It still had a good amount of world fiction and building up its fantasy setting.

Character relationship wise, it feels Lykos will have to earn the trust of others while Ouni needs to improve his attitude.
Stark700Oct 15, 2017 6:55 AM
Oct 15, 2017 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
Oh c'mon, you can't just end the episode there!

The setting is so damn interesting, who knows what might happen next.
Oct 15, 2017 2:25 PM

Mar 2016
That's a creepy creature/thing right there, it can take away your feelings. The scene with the fireflies was well done. Oh no, Sami, not you! Chakuro is gonna have some bad time, seems the people in the island don't know what a gun is, and what is skyros operation? Man, shit just got serious!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 15, 2017 7:38 PM

May 2013
dang the childhood friend is dead?
seems like kujira citizen been hunted by the heartless human because they have emotions?
Oct 15, 2017 7:41 PM

Dec 2016
That locust swarm would have been pretty cool to watch.

Well this turned really dark all of a sudden, that was rather shocking to see all that unfold as quickly as it did and I am fearing the worst for Sami.

Lyykos was trying to explain what was going to happen, we will probably know more in the next episode.
Oct 15, 2017 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
THAT
ENDING
THO
AAAAAAAA I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!

I was totally not expecting that.

Lykos called them "sinners". I wonder what happened in this world. As far we know that "lykos" is actually the name of those jelly alien creatures who eat emotions. And that there are emontionless soldiers in the outside world.
Maybe they are sinners because they still have emotions? o-o
Maybe the ones who wanted to keep with emotions fled to those islands...

I have the impression Lykos didn't bury her friends but her enemies. I think she was sent to kill those people.

Oct 15, 2017 8:04 PM
Jan 2017
Okay, I guess we reached the point where the story becomes more intense, what with that ending. It's very enjoyable to see the characters develop and establish more meaningful relationships with each other, especially Chakuro and Lykos. You can also tell a huge part of the animation budget went towards the locust swarm. The OP and ED songs are beautiful and can tug the viewers' heartstrings. Hopefully, this will be one of the best shows of the season.
Oct 15, 2017 8:06 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see a glimpse of Lykos past from that strange creature, which is actually called Lykos. It consumed her emotions as well as everyone else on that island. She called the people on the Mud Whale sinners. I wonder why. Maybe it's because that have emotions. The locust swarm was pretty. That ending though. It was so sudden. Things doesn't look good.
Oct 15, 2017 8:07 PM

Oct 2014
That ending was shocking, especially after an episode of mostly character development.

I think it's remarkable how the setting is mostly sand, but somehow the show is colorful and pleasant to look at.

The story still hasn't quite found its rhythm yet; I hope the pacing will be more consistent in the following episodes.
Oct 15, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2014
ok I have to say this keeps getting interesting and interesting.....why are they sinners
Oct 15, 2017 9:02 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The show has some potential

Oct 15, 2017 9:23 PM

Oct 2016
The opening was so beautiful and this show really has me on the edge of my seat wanting to know more about their history. Really prepared to give this show a good rating if it continues to develop like this.
Oct 15, 2017 9:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
eunice1168 said:
The opening was so beautiful and this show really has me on the edge of my seat wanting to know more about their history. Really prepared to give this show a good rating if it continues to develop like this.
Same here but holy shit, this really did end up taking a dark turn....And so quick too :(

Oct 15, 2017 9:42 PM

Nov 2016
Holy fucking shit,I almost spilled my coffee, dat ending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 15, 2017 9:50 PM

Sep 2016
I wish the exposition in this show was better. The show itself is very good but sometimes it just feels awkward when they say things they should already know.
4.5/5 episode
Oct 15, 2017 10:08 PM

Feb 2016
Well that's one way to handle a love triangle.
Oct 15, 2017 10:26 PM

Feb 2015
Yeah... I'm not shocked that the show took a dark turn, but I did not expect what happened to Sami. But hey, she's on MAL's cover photo so maybe she somehow didn't die *shrugs*. Regardless, I'm pretty much sold on this show for now. I just hope they make the characters more interesting along the way.
Oct 15, 2017 10:56 PM

May 2010
Sami sorta had a death flag, sad.
Oct 16, 2017 12:39 AM

Sep 2014
DEM the childhood friend I hope she's okay next episode.
And yup shit just got real.
HYPE for the next episode.
Oct 16, 2017 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
I just knew this would get dark quick. Damn, why did Sami have to get shot?
Oct 16, 2017 2:37 AM

Jun 2016
Omg. I love the OP. It's so beautiful and it really fits this anime. And is that Aimer singing the ED? :O It's beautiful, too. If it's Aimer singing, I'm gonna love it more. Haha.

I honestly enjoyed this episode more than the first one.

Ounoi, you cute bastard. Hehe. The three of them arrived at Lykos(?) and we saw this some kind of graveyard of the people that girl was with. No wonder she's emotionless it's because of the Nous which absorbs people's emotions hence made their heart hollow. Curious.

Who would've thought locusts can be that beautiful? Wow. Haha.

Sami is such a cutie. I like her. I hope Chakuro x Sami will be canon. Hehe. I ship them two. Huehue. Though, I have an inkling that it'll be like a love triangle between Chakuro, Sami, and that Lykos girl. Jeez. Then, Chakuro will choose Lykos. Pffffft. Sami is so jealous. Hihi. She's so cute.

That Lady Taisha's "suitor", though. Hehe. Him blushing was so cute.

Now Mud Whale's in danger. Holy shit. I wonder who those bad guys are. And DID SAMI JUST GET SHOT? WHAT THE HELL WHAT THE HELL! NOOOOO!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 16, 2017 3:29 AM

Apr 2016
This show is taking one interesting turn after another, can't wait for more.
Oct 16, 2017 3:38 AM

Aug 2015
well hot diggity dog. this episode was way better than the first.
Oct 16, 2017 4:17 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was pretty good, but it was also extremely frustrating how much it leaned on exposition to tell stuff about the world, including some very forced exposition between characters who should know their histories and roles (like with Chakuro and the guy he's living with, or with Taisha and that other guy at the end); have the writers never heard of the phrase "show, don't tell"? Still, that cliffhanger has caught my attention, even if there's no reason for Chakuro to survive (Sami jumping in front of him will NOT protect him from the hail of bullets/lasers).
Oct 16, 2017 4:31 AM

Feb 2016
This show is so beautiful. Every thing is just so nice, the artstyle, music, and this ED! I just love it. For me this is definetly the best show of this season.
Oct 16, 2017 4:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, that was some late twist towards the end I wasn't anticipating one bit. Lykos was hinting all along the last few minutes, but I wasn't expecting something of this sort but something more like a natural catastrophe relating to human emotions and her remarks in emotions being 'unnecessary'.
Still a beautiful and great episode though, and in my opinion it was one that was as good and astonishing as the first episode. Geez, that creature on that mysterious island was creepy though, sucking away people's emotions. I wonder how the 'Outside World' really is like although we have been given hints here and there in this episode regarding its state. I wonder what's up with the Sinners though and I'm assuming they are humans without emotions since they must have come from the 'Outside World'. Gah, it was sad to see the Childhood friend pass away like that though. Bloody humans and elders, what are y'all up to?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 16, 2017 4:57 AM

Dec 2014
That ending! Sami! Noooo! :(
I really hope she doesn't die, I really liked her. That little bit of jealousy along with her pout during the locus swarm was so cute.

Some more good world building in this episode, regarding the people lacking emotions and that monster. The Elders probably do know things.

The people of Falaina are sinners? Interesting way to end the episode, I just hope Sami lives.
Oct 16, 2017 5:06 AM
Aug 2017
So many likeable characters and bunch of development this episode, hope Sami is okay..

The setting is really interesting and mysterious; why are they sinners, whats up with the jelly creatures and Elders hiding something from the people?

One of the best series this season so far, weird it hasn't gained much attention yet.
Oct 16, 2017 6:01 AM
Apr 2016
RCRDC said:

One of the best series this season so far, weird it hasn't gained much attention yet.

Probably because it hasn't been released anywhere except fansub sites or in the original Japanese language
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Oct 16, 2017 6:26 AM

Jul 2016
This episode was even worse than the first one. It may have decent world building, but it doesn't help when the world is boring, and most of what happens is too. The ending gives it a bit more potential though.
KitsunehimeMilhiOct 16, 2017 10:24 AM

Oct 16, 2017 7:05 AM

Sep 2017
Jeez... I think this is going to be like made in abyss all over again...It gets no recognition while it airs but once it finishes it will skyrocket to the top 50s
ppl don't think their opinions be wrong, but it do.
Oct 16, 2017 7:18 AM

Nov 2013
damn, this is suppose to be a shoujo anime.. not tragedy.. whyy
Oct 16, 2017 7:39 AM

Dec 2015
PLEASE DON'T TELL ME BEST GIRL SAMI IS DEAD OHMYGOD NO!!!!!!!
Oct 16, 2017 7:57 AM

Feb 2017
Something doesn't feel right for me in the transitions between each scene but overall it's a good episode and better than the first one which felt fairly rushed.
Oct 16, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
blitz_21x said:
damn, this is suppose to be a shoujo anime.. not tragedy.. whyy

Shōjo actually have a long tradition of tragedy works once you go outside of rom-com. Although I doubt that one is a tragedy, but death of characters is to be expected, considering the setting and the magazine where the original manga is coming from.
Oct 16, 2017 9:49 AM

Jul 2009
I had a feeling Sami was gonna die. Pity.

taynis said:
THAT
ENDING
THO
AAAAAAAA I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!

I was totally not expecting that.

Lykos called them "sinners". I wonder what happened in this world. As far we know that "lykos" is actually the name of those jelly alien creatures who eat emotions. And that there are emontionless soldiers in the outside world.
Maybe they are sinners because they still have emotions? o-o
Maybe the ones who wanted to keep with emotions fled to those islands...

I have the impression Lykos didn't bury her friends but her enemies. I think she was sent to kill those people.

Excellent theory. I have a feeling it's right. "Lykos" even tried to kill Chakuro the first time she saw him.
Oct 16, 2017 9:50 AM

Feb 2016
Pipe said:
The show has some potential

that was really unexpected, not at the 2nd episode :o I believe I have now the 3rd show that I will surely watch towards the end!

man CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! Jc.Staff why you do this? Freaking cliffhanger ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 16, 2017 9:51 AM

Feb 2016
TakamiKaribuchi said:
This episode was even worse than the first one. It may have decent world building, but it doesn't help when the world is boring, and nothing else really happens.

Are you blind? did you even finish the episode?
~Blackwall
Oct 16, 2017 10:01 AM
Nov 2016
Oh god, did they kill Sami?

The world building is REALLY well done in this show and it seems like the next episode will lead to a war or something g if that sort.

Lykos and Chakuro have a weird sort of Chemistry and seems like ouni's powers will be needed soon enough.
Oct 16, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2016
HereticHunter said:
TakamiKaribuchi said:
This episode was even worse than the first one. It may have decent world building, but it doesn't help when the world is boring, and nothing else really happens.

I'll admit that was not the right choice of words. I still found the whole episode boring though, as a whole. It sounded much better from the description than I'm finding it to be. It's not bad, but I'm certainly not a fan. If you like it it, good for you.

Oct 16, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2016
Dat art style. The more I watch this, the more I want to play a video game with this setting.

Also pulling out the cliffhangers, probably won't look at the source material until after this show airs so it's another week of waiting for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
It finally began ... and now we have to wait another week
+Lunai+

Oct 16, 2017 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
Oh shit, I was wondering when the show would get "dark" considering it's set up like Shinsekai Yori. Obligatory masks to make villains seem 10x more scary. Check.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 16, 2017 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
This show has already got me on the edge of my seat. The ending really surprised me and I fear that Sami is now dead from protecting Chakuro from the hail of bullets from the pursuers. I hope that Sami is alive, but I fear the worst for her now. D=

The episode also explained how Lykos herself is emotionless, thanks to a creature on the island she lived on. She mind find emotions a hindrance, but having emotions makes someone a proper human being. She did show a lot of worry since the Council of Elders refused to listen to her pleas, which turned out to be correct, so at least she's some emotions at least. =)

The OP song, like the ED song, is really nice and catchy. It might be my favourites of the season so far, along with Food Wars' OP/ED songs.
Oct 16, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
I knew this was gonna get sad. i could feel it coming. but not like this, we were barely geting to know her
Oct 16, 2017 11:39 AM

Feb 2016
Beautiful art as always, we need more anime trying out different styles, that ED is really nice btw. Really liked the aesthetics in the flashbacks.

Interesting turn of events, the character interactions and transitions are kinda sloppy, but overall pretty good. It could have been better if they dropped some of the shoujo quirks (can't be helped I guess), and focus more on the main plot and leave the other characters only when needed, they need to preserve the pace in these 12 episodes otherwise it feels rushed and a bit disconnected. Anyway, the story definitely has a lot of ways to progress now, I'm intrigued. Not a fan of that teasing in the last 6 minutes, but at least we saw what she meant in the end. ;D
Oct 16, 2017 11:50 AM

Feb 2016
TakamiKaribuchi said:
HereticHunter said:

I'll admit that was not the right choice of words. I still found the whole episode boring though, as a whole. It sounded much better from the description than I'm finding it to be. It's not bad, but I'm certainly not a fan. If you like it it, good for you.

well I find it a bit weird that you state this to be boring, but you managed to complete Sakurada Reset and also getting trough monogatari series (shows I like but I admit it can be a bit boring in certain cases) I know these 2 episodes were a bit slow, but they act much as a introduction, at least that is what I think, seems like things are going to be even better with that cliffhanger.

(this doesn't have anything to do if I like it or not)
~Blackwall
Oct 16, 2017 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Damn, is Sami really going to die this soon? I wonder if the masked guys will take some hostage.

Art style is amazing btw. Gorgeous.
Oct 16, 2017 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
HereticHunter said:
TakamiKaribuchi said:

well I find it a bit weird that you state this to be boring, but you managed to complete Sakurada Reset and also getting trough monogatari series (shows I like but I admit it can be a bit boring in certain cases) I know these 2 episodes were a bit slow, but they act much as a introduction, at least that is what I think, seems like things are going to be even better with that cliffhanger.

(this doesn't have anything to do if I like it or not)

Honestly, it was probably the characters that kept me going on Sakurada Reset and a bit with Monogatari, at first. Although, the monogatari characters became less compelling for me as I went on. I also liked the music and the art in both those shows. I certainly cannot deny that they were slow and boring at times, but I actually like other aspects and there seemed to be more to them just world building. I just don't find anything good about this series, besides the world building. It's pretty weird.

Oct 16, 2017 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Apparently the character of Sami did not like the author, has already left the scene, oh well! ^^"
The story is starting to pick up speed, it is not bad at the final twist.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.