Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 25, 2017 9:33 AM
Aug 2016
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
Before, I was able to remember the score of every entry in the top 20 because how rarely they change, and now I can't even remember the top 5, like wtf? that Monogatari's final season switching place like a fucking ninja, Kimi no Nawa jumped up to 9.42 just because it
, and then got downvoted by haters like no tomorrow, the same goes for Koe no Katachi, I mean..two anime movies coming from nowhere in the same year and both getting a +9 score, do you even now how rare was it for an entry to have a +9 score back in the day when Mushishi was in the top 10 with a 8.94 average? and how ugly those 10-13 eps entries of haikyuu and gintama sequels look at the top 20 with their sequel-boosted scores? and their is more from both of them to come and screw MAL's already screwed top list even more.

Seriously people can you just calm your tits for a bit and stop upvoting anything that comes out and then downvoting it for gods knows why? you are making MAL's top list look like a joke.

P.S this is not a shitpost.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
AlfyanSep 7, 2017 2:29 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2017 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
i remember back in the day when Cowboy Bebop was the only anime on this site :(
Aug 25, 2017 9:48 AM
Aug 2016
kawaii96desu said:
Who even cares about the top 20 and ratings in general, there are 6 gintamas, 2 haikyuus and a Steins;Gate on the list. It's lost.
I'm sure a lot of new anime fans use it to decide which anime they'll watch..
Aug 25, 2017 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
*yawn*

Literally who cares about any Top that was not made with any criteria in mind?
Aug 25, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
kawaii96desu said:
Who even cares about the top 20 and ratings in general, there are 6 gintamas, 2 haikyuus and a Steins;Gate on the list. It's lost.

Looooool poor them, they must be having an awful time (^:
Aug 25, 2017 9:56 AM

Nov 2016
Maybe you should calm your tits and let others do what they want ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 25, 2017 9:56 AM

Jun 2016
Sure you could criticize the top 20 list made up by millions of ratings from millions of people, thinking it would change anything...or you could talk about how your top 10 list is the superior list which is far more productive than this.
Aug 25, 2017 9:58 AM

Sep 2012
Oh no.

Different opinons.

The horror.

Aug 25, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2015
A jock? I don't think it's capable of playing sports at all.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 25, 2017 10:04 AM
Aug 2016
FMmatron said:
but I feel the urge of bitchin about something rn and nothing else came to my mind :(

Pyxus said:
Sure you could criticize the top 20 list made up by millions of ratings from millions of people, thinking it would change anything...or you could talk about how your top 10 list is the superior list which is far more productive than this.
I'm just annoyed about how inconsistent it is..:/
my top 10 list is shit btw
Aug 25, 2017 10:08 AM
Aug 2016
sasalx said:
Oh no.

inconsistent top list.

The horror.

fify
CatSoul said:
A jock? I don't think it's capable of playing sports at all.
English is not my native language so.. :/
thanks for pointing that anyway...
Aug 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Aug 2016
It's going to be even more fun once this Fall's Gintama season airs.
Aug 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Nov 2013
"Jock is a in American English common, humorous to pejorative slang term for a young, sportingly active and sexually successful, but intellectual rather overchallenged young man".

That's actually kind of accurate. Yes, the Top 20 list is a jock.

Serious answer: it has been a joke for a while and what Darek said.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 25, 2017 10:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Unless MAL decides to one day pull an IMDB and collapse all entries from the same franchise into a single entry, I don't think there's much that can be done about this
Aug 25, 2017 10:12 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
MAL ratings are always a joke on all levels

Im Westen nichts Neues

Aug 25, 2017 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
We're pretty close to have a top 10 with the following series: Gintama, Gintama., Gintama', Gintama*,Gintama&, Gintama$, Gintama@, Gintama!, Kimi no na wa, Fullmetal Alchemist

Still Better than Japanese AniKore having SAO and Ore Imouto
Aug 25, 2017 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
Why the people care so much about the TOP 10 in MAL? Holy shit
Aug 25, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2013
At least the complaints about it have been pretty hilarious.
Aug 25, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2017
I remember saying Kimi no Na wa will always remain on the first position. And what now... There is a new Owarimonogatari season. But other than that I'm not angry about top 20. I just don't care. I have my own top 20 and that's all.
Aug 25, 2017 10:15 AM
Jun 2017
alway take the rating on MAL with a big grain of salt
it's quite a problem if you want a legit list
on the bright side of things, even if the list is rig af, it does take something to get it up there
i'm personally a fan of Gintama and Monogatari, don't know about haikyou. of course, having like 5 of the seasons in the top 20 is not a good sight (i'm kinda happy about it tho)
as a whole, i do believe Monogatari seri deserved the top spot, or at least top 5

how a make a list that's not rig? i don't know
maybe no scores lower than 5, or 3, cause i personally believe that no matter how shitty it is, it's not possible for a 3. Maybe a maximum of 5 series with a 10 on each person list, 10 is a masterpiece after all, giving it out like papers defeat the whole purpose. A 9-10 or 5-1 scores on accounts that have only 20 entries or less won't be count toward the list, while i don't believe that watching more mean your taste is better, this is a great way to take down fake accounts and beginner bias. Maybe take all the sequels/prequels and make it 1 entity => no fan bias, tho this would be quite a problem with some seri, like Gundam, you don't even know if it's 1 entity or not. If you only watch 20% or less, your score wouldn't count, tho this would be a problem with Shonen shows with 800 freaking episodes. Maybe just don't score the shonen shows. Entries with less than 10k members won't count toward the list. etc

just some personal advices for a better list, a perfect list won't ever exist, but we can get close
Aug 25, 2017 10:17 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
yawns in general at only overrated mainstream anime's being in the top list

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Aug 25, 2017 10:17 AM

Feb 2016
Top anime isn't ranked by score, it's ranked by hype popularity. :^)
Aug 25, 2017 10:19 AM
Aug 2016
>implying that Top list means something.
Aug 25, 2017 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
I guess a collapse of all involved entries wouldn't be bad. Owarimonogatari s2 (if were talking about sequel-boosted scores) wouldn't be first and Gintama would still be high.

Next season will unclude Gintama (Shinsaku) and Mahoutsukai no Yome in the top 5. So this discussion wil go on for another year.
KnotImpAug 25, 2017 10:37 AM
Aug 25, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2017
Well some Edgelord wannabe fans can either pestering their glorious Sheer of HYPE GOAT who shitstomps Makoto shinkai's work.

>Aesthetic

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 25, 2017 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
So basically your rant is: "I don't like it / won't rate them that way, so nobody is allowed to"?

Aug 25, 2017 10:23 AM
Jun 2017
oh yeah, i forgot
it won't be an entry to the list until after 3 months of it finishing
this will eliminate all hype scoring
Aug 25, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2017
P.S : it's a shitpost

What are you trying to prove .. why do you care so much about the mal top .. i thought that there is no one who is taking the mal top seriously .. kimi no nawa is the most overrated movie ever .. i bet that owarimono score will change completely soon so don't be worried .. fma:b will take back the number one spot after 2 months .. pls if you want to live a good life then just ignore the mal ratings cuz they are the last thing to look for

I have something else to say ... gintama is not overrated .. it is a complete piece of art and that's why there are 6 gintamas in the top

PS : there are 3 movie with the score of 9 : kimi no nawa , silent voice , gintama movie 2 :D

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Aug 25, 2017 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
Clebardman said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Looooool poor them, they must be having an awful time (^:

Especially with Gintama since there are a lot of parodies of other work, historical figures and tv shows.

They would be scarred for life.
Aug 25, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2016
What are you talking about?

It has always been a joke
Aug 25, 2017 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
I think it would help if sequels of each franchise were under the same entry or something (at least in gintama's case), but then again mal's top list is not something you should really pay attention to
Aug 25, 2017 10:36 AM
Aug 2016
@HaXXspetten @Long_Ng @dvbx_073
collapsing all entries from the same franchise into a single entry sounds about right, I wonder why MAL developers didn't do that yet...

@psycho
actually, I don't have a problem about it being filled with mainstream shit, I have a problem with it being filled with multiple entries from the same franchise and being inconsistent.

@ARubinsky
as rediculous as Anikor's list is, at least it's more consistent and has less entries of the same franchise than MAL's, if there are new shows every year that climbs up to the top 10 and then drop down for no obvious reason, you can't trust such a list anymore..
ClickBaitBusterAug 25, 2017 10:40 AM
Aug 25, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
The only "top" who could mean a little something on this website are personal ones, using scores of only certain individuals.

ClickBaitBuster said:

And I am pretty sure that most people who start to like japanese animation don't visit MyAnimeList and are even less susceptible to use this website ranking to determine what they will watch. Only a little portion of them will make the "effort" to start their computer and come to a place like this just for that.

edit @ClickBaitBuster You use yourself as an example when you're obviously part of the little people who use those things. I meant it wasn't such a big impact because it affects only a little portion of what is already a very limited population.

@Clebardman Something against Gintama ? ^^ (read a few chapters, certain were quite okay as far as comedy goes)

@ARubinsky When you see that MAL decided to make two entries for everything following the trend of cuting in half (over six or 12months) shows that were envisioned as 26 or 50 (even if the second doesn't add a subtitle to differentiate itself), you know stacking won't happen.

Rei_IIIAug 25, 2017 11:25 AM
Aug 25, 2017 10:40 AM

Feb 2013
Pyxus said:
i wonder if top 20 even has 2 millions unique people who rated them 0o
steins gate has the most at 471k ratings and im sure there is much overlap of users

ClickBaitBuster said:
@HaXXspetten @Long_Ng @dvbx_073
collapsing all entries from the same franchise into a single entry sounds about right, I wonder why MAL developers didn't do that yet...
making the database and website is harder than it looks, and making big changes after it's all put in place even harder
afaik no anime database website does this
Aug 25, 2017 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
@ClickBaitBuster - It is already past the point to stack all seasons of a series in one entry. That would help a lot.

They could also separate TV Series from Movies like IMDB.

Aug 25, 2017 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
"Lately"

I has been joke all the time.
Aug 25, 2017 10:49 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
>"This is not a shitpost"
>Everything above that line of text is a shitpost.

Idk what to say OP. I mean, you can't really tell me you care about scores that much to make a post about it. I for one think that anyone who takes scores seriously is childish. No matter what's good or bad, higher rated or lower rated, anime is anime in the end. No need to care about scores as long as you enjoy it.

It's posts like these that make me smh sometimes.
Aug 25, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2015
I see nothing worng? Gintama still best 15
Into the Internet!
Aug 25, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
ClickBaitBuster said:
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
Before, I was able to remember the score of every entry in the top 20 because how rarely they change, and now I can't even remember the top 5, like wtf? that Monogatari's final season switching place like a fucking ninja, Kimi no Nawa jumped up to 9.42 just because it got a half assed happy ending contrary to other Shinkai's works, and then got downvoted by haters like no tomorrow, the same goes for Koe no Katachi, I mean..two anime movies coming from nowhere in the same year and both getting a +9 score, do you even now how rare was it for an entry to have a +9 score back in the day when Mushishi was in the top 10 with a 8.94 average? and how ugly those 10-13 eps entries of haikyuu and gintama sequels look at the top 20 with their sequel-boosted scores? and their is more from both of them to come and screw MAL's already screwed top list even more.

Seriously people can you just calm your tits for a bit and stop upvoting anything that comes out and then downvoting it for gods knows why? you are making MAL's top list look like a joke.

P.S this is not a shitpost.

ok, I agree that the list is not the best
now why does that matter?
Aug 25, 2017 10:56 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:

This^^^^

Just let people vote whatever they want. If it bothers you peeps just don't give a fuck what's so difficult about it
Aug 25, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
It has been a joke ever since Hunter x Hunter 2011 entered in this list.
Aug 25, 2017 11:14 AM
Aug 2016
Rei366 said:
The only "top" who could mean a little something on this website are personal ones, using scores of only certain individuals.

ClickBaitBuster said:

And I am pretty sure that most people who start to like japanese animation don't visit MyAnimeList and are even less susceptible to use this website ranking to determine what they will watch. Only a little portion of them will make the "effort" to start their computer and come to a place like this just for that.

@Clebardman Something against Gintama ? ^^ (read a few chapters, certain were quite okay as far as comedy goes)
back in the day when I finished Bleach and DBZ and caught up with Naruto and One Piece, I started looking for new anime to watch,I got recs to watch Death Note, AoT, Code Geass and SAO, and then started loking for new anime to watch on my own. I remember one day when I typed something like "top anime" in google which lead me to MAL, I checked the top rated list and it looked like this:

so I started watching FMA:B and then Steins Gate, I already knew Gintama sisnce it was airing on TV so I skipped it and watched Clannad and HxH 2011.
now imagine if I found this list instead and started by watching Owari motherfucking monogatari..I would be pretty fucked up then lol.
ClickBaitBusterAug 25, 2017 11:17 AM
Aug 25, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2016
ClickBaitBuster said:
FMmatron said:
but I feel the urge of bitchin about something rn and nothing else came to my mind :(

Pyxus said:
Don't be, I'm unhappy with some entries there too but its my opinion against millions
In the wise words of an anime youtuber "everyone's taste is sh*t except yours"
Aug 25, 2017 11:36 AM

Jun 2016
ClickBaitBuster said:

Pyxus said:
Don't be, I'm unhappy with some entries there too but its my opinion against millions
In the wise words of an anime youtuber "everyone's taste is sh*t except yours"
Aug 25, 2017 11:43 AM
Aug 2016
@Rei366
MAL is ranked 473 globally
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/myanimelist.net

and it has 10 million unique visitors evfery month
https://myanimelist.net/advertising

its one of -if not- the most popular anime related website atm...
Aug 25, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
don't worry a new gintama is coming out and it'll make you forget all about monogatari anything jumping around
Aug 25, 2017 7:56 PM

Oct 2015
Username check, lol.

FYI, next fall, Gintama last season gonna air, and it's obvious that it will get a high score, and maybe even get into top 3 top 5.

There will be 4 Gintama in MAL top 10, just wait and see.

Just Stuff/material for your next /rant.
Aug 25, 2017 8:11 PM

Aug 2016
I'm surprised Owari 2 has lasted this long.
Aug 25, 2017 8:20 PM

Nov 2014
The top anime list shouldn't mean anything to you, unless you are completely new to anime and wouldn't know what you like/dislike.

Talking about it isn't going to change a collective score made by thousands of people either.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 25, 2017 8:21 PM

Mar 2017
I welcome a dynamic list. It reflects an ever-changing world.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

28 by Damuzen »»
6 seconds ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

58 by Rachiba »»
1 minute ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

7 by Piromysl »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 4 hours ago

13 by cyandaqil »»
7 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 9 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.