Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 6, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, "Frog Pictures".

I find it amusing at how everyone came together to watch a horror movie. They made the moment look scary too judging by the reactions of Himeno and the others. I like that focus on Sassassul this episode. It shows that characters that may look sinister aren't what they appear to be.

Aug 6, 2017 7:15 AM

Apr 2010
Hime passing out was funny, the snake girl also past out at some point the girls have a lot in common.
I also had to laugh at the old man with the shotgun it looked really funny.

Seems there is still a lot of trouble in their world with all the different races walking around.
Aug 6, 2017 9:10 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol as much anime as if seen, especially with all the CGDCT i watch... this is one interesting concept for an anime LOOOOLLL

Aug 6, 2017 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
Got to learn about the Antarticans. They are very interesting. Hime passing out because of Quetzalcoatl's smile was funny. Why would her parents show her that type of movie? It seems people go to a correctional clinic if they refuse to do something. Quetzalcoatl made some new friends.
Aug 6, 2017 9:18 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode. Though my favorite part is all those hidden goverment agents drawing their weapons at Nozomi's tsukkomi antics XD
Aug 6, 2017 9:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This setting is incredibly weird and kind of...unsettling? The background information is getting more apparent and in our face as we go on. That's something i do like about this series.
Aug 6, 2017 10:16 AM
Nov 2010
Smudy said:
This setting is incredibly weird and kind of...unsettling?

There is a lot of crazy stuff going on in their world and I really hope they show it in the anime :D will be very nice to read everyone's reactions to it
Aug 6, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2012
Quite a smile Quetzalcoatl's got. XD So that monster movie referenced Psycho and the 80s The Thing eh? Damn, wish I could see it! XD
Aug 6, 2017 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
This anime continues to being one of my favorites this season. I like it for so many different reasons.

Some points and questions:
-So that was how Quetzalcoatl smile huh, it was rather cute surprisingly, poor Hime getting scared :(
-Why would you show a horror movie to a child x_x but no doubt Hime is scared of Humansnakes now, who wouldnt be. Also that horror movie was scarier than 95% of horror stuff that i watched
- Why were they watching the movie in Earth science classroom?Lol that sure was a short movie tho
-First half felt like Mythbusters honestly, now we know that all the stuff about Snakepeople is just false. Pretty interesting how they cant swallow big things huh and they dont have venomous fangs hmm. And her bite doesnt hurt
-Interesting so memory works the same for all species huh, thats indeed very interesting.
-Wait wait wait what did that mean? "If you refuse you are gonna be sent to correction clinic?"

And what the hell is this? this is so fucked up on so many different levels
Aug 6, 2017 11:20 AM
Nov 2010
Hirugiku said:

-Wait wait wait what did that mean? "If you refuse you are gonna be sent to correction clinic?"

Everyone is to be treated equally and if you don't they will make you treat everyone equally

on the picture well she is an ambassador for her people
Aug 6, 2017 11:20 AM
Jun 2016
Hirugiku said:
This anime continues to being one of my favorites this season. I like it for so many different reasons.

-So that was how Quetzalcoatl smile huh, it was rather cute surprisingly, poor Hime getting scared :(
-Why would you show a horror movie to a child x_x but no doubt Hime is scared of Humansnakes now, who wouldnt be. Also that horror movie was scarier than 95% of horror stuff that i watched
- Why were they watching the movie in Earth science classroom?Lol that sure was a short movie tho
-First half felt like Mythbusters honestly, now we know that all the stuff about Snakepeople is just false. Pretty interesting how they cant swallow big things huh and they dont have venomous fangs hmm. And her bite doesnt hurt
-Interesting so memory works the same for all species huh, thats indeed very interesting.

On the last one I think it be like in the states where refusing to serve a black person because they are black could get you into trouble with non descrimination laws. They might take things more seriously there as having all the races together it might be harder.

Plus, look at the racism we had in the states with black people, now imagine if black people had horns, or four legs, or had scales, how much worse racism and such might have been, so it's quiet possible in their world things went far far worse then anything here, except say nazi germany and such.

I wouldn't mind a episode or two discussing the reasons for the anti descrimination outside of centaurs were once used as beasts of burdeon.
Aug 6, 2017 12:07 PM
Jul 2017
Best episode so far, all those crazy anti-discrimination laws will be our future if we don't stop political correctness
Aug 6, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
Hime fainting cause of a scary movie about snake people.
Quetzalcoatl is trying hard and the gang is nice to her :)

Hirugiku said:

It's the PC culture, like how you will go to jail or fined if you refuse to provide services to gays or muslims.
Aug 6, 2017 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
I am really curious about the things going on in the background. Like shit with the government and the difference between "Humans" and "Antarticans" I also like the subtle shots of racism as well. Show's how much the world is like and how similar it is to the world we live in now.

The development of this anime is really picking up.

These two though <333
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 6, 2017 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
Okay I actually enjoyed this episode hime being scared of snake people (yes I forgot her name) was really funny especially the reason behind it. I really enjoyed the part where hime and the antarctican (again yes I forgot her name) were immersed in the movie was really funny especially at the end where the antarctican smiles and hime passes out again.
Aug 6, 2017 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
wolfwing said:
Hirugiku said:

On the last one I think it be like in the states where refusing to serve a black person because they are black could get you into trouble with non descrimination laws. They might take things more seriously there as having all the races together it might be harder.

Plus, look at the racism we had in the states with black people, now imagine if black people had horns, or four legs, or had scales, how much worse racism and such might have been, so it's quiet possible in their world things went far far worse then anything here, except say nazi germany and such.

I wouldn't mind a episode or two discussing the reasons for the anti descrimination outside of centaurs were once used as beasts of burdeon.

thats a good reference and explanation.
Nezperdian said:
Hirugiku said:

The future is now. If you say something that's not politically correct, then you're treated as an heretic. Example: modern feminism

Wow thats harsh lol but probably true
Aug 6, 2017 1:26 PM
Jun 2016
Hirugiku said:
wolfwing said:

thats a good reference and explanation.
Nezperdian said:

The future is now. If you say something that's not politically correct, then you're treated as an heretic. Example: modern feminism

Wow thats harsh lol but probably true

That scene kinda makes me think of zootopia, "Actually calling a bunny cute is offensive."
Aug 6, 2017 1:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hirugiku said:
By the time I was 8 or 9 I was staying up past midnight to watch Chiller Theatre. It was my Saturday night treat.

The show continues to feel stiff, but as I said last time the manga is somewhat stiff as well.
Aug 6, 2017 1:54 PM

Jul 2017
A nice episode as always. With all this "correctional clinic" stuff, this show could go dark at any moment. I doubt it will though. The way they talk about discrimination reminds me of modern society, but the big difference is that the people seem more aware about the consequences.

The scene where some civillians(?) pulled out guns confused me at first...Were they undercover agents or are the consequences of "discrimination" that bad, I wonder?
Aug 6, 2017 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
Another fantastic episode!
It really is sad how underrated this show is!
Aug 6, 2017 3:13 PM

Jun 2013
ichii_1 said:
Hime fainting cause of a scary movie about snake people.
Quetzalcoatl is trying hard and the gang is nice to her :)

Hirugiku said:

It's the PC culture, like how you will go to jail or fined if you refuse to provide services to gays or muslims.

I agree that we have gone a bit PC, but thats a bad example... if you refuse services to someone for that reason, you should be punished.
Aug 6, 2017 4:55 PM

Jan 2008
Oh god, could you imagine if they made a movie about that in this day in age but with an existing race instead? They would sue no questions.
Aug 6, 2017 6:09 PM

Nov 2015
Nozomi = Best Girl.

Problem solved. =)
Aug 6, 2017 6:16 PM

Jan 2016
Hmm I have a mixed feelings about the new creature~
But still an enjoyable episode I guess
Aug 6, 2017 6:26 PM

Dec 2016
Good episode.

I enjoyed learning about Quetzacaotl.

I thought they all looked really good when trying on clothes.

Does everyone carry a weapon?

She just needs to work on that smile a little lol.
Aug 6, 2017 6:28 PM

Aug 2012

Now that's a cute smile.
Aug 6, 2017 7:32 PM

Jun 2016
Best episode thus far. Quetzacaotl is too cute and her smile is precious.

Hirugiku said:

They were ready to shank Nozomi. The show has had little sprinklings here and there of the government being overly involved, but this part was a bit surprising. I can now understand why everyone is so afraid of not saying anything that can be deemed as discriminatory.

Basically, someone is always watching.

Paul said:
Oh god, could you imagine if they made a movie about that in this day in age but with an existing race instead? They would sue no questions.

I mean, they kind of do. Villains in movies are always Russian or Arabs and in that North Korea movie with Franco and Seth Rogen, they used NK's anger (whether that was true or not) as media play.

Plus back in the day we had movies like Birth of a Nation.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 6, 2017 10:01 PM

May 2015
JESUS CHRIST, MAN! If I was a Centaur and I saw that horror movie and watched that Centaur (A CENTAUR) swallowed whole, I would be traumatized for the rest of my life! That's some scary shit to see something that big to get swallowed whole! Speaking of centaurs, I still can't take Hime sitting down on a bench seriously.

Yep, I knew it. Quetzalcoatl would be the character that spices this series up. Learning about her race was very intriguing. You have to forget everything you normally know about snakes and reptiles to understand her. In the end, she's just another normal human. That makes her pretty cool.

Hirugiku said:

LOL at this scene. Despite seeming to be a lighthearted Slice of Life anime, it takes racism and discrimination pretty seriously. That's what makes this different from other anime. That being said, this is definitely the best episode of the series so far.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:53 AM
Aug 7, 2017 1:53 AM

Jan 2015
N wonder Hime afraid of that snake people, even though the new transfer student seems more shy and have seducing voice. But it didn't take much time for Hime and people of her class to learn more about the snake people, and then come another daily routine at school.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 7, 2017 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
Himeno fainted because of the terrifying smile of Sassassul Quetzalcoatl!
Hime is afraid of hebi (snakes) because of a scary movie that she watched when she was a kid.
but later on she became friends with the other close friends of Hime.
4/5.

Aug 7, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
Glad I didn't drop the show, I became interested in how the different species would work together and Antarcticans are prime example of what got me more interested
Aug 7, 2017 5:23 AM
Oct 2013
Hound_dogs said:
How the hell is that movie legal if they are so concerned about racism!?

Probably the same way how there are prertty racist old films: back when it was being produced the law wasn't as strict.

Honestly I watched this show expecting Monmusu minus the ecchi, instead I got an intro to cultural & racial equality. Not sure what I think of it, but I guess I'll keep watching for now
Aug 7, 2017 4:58 PM

Aug 2016
Quetzalcoatl is pretty cute...

Aug 7, 2017 6:12 PM

Jan 2010
Great...just what I needed..snake lady fetish.
Aug 8, 2017 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
Well... she has pretty eyes... I guess... But I swear the character designs go from pretty cute, to just straight up strange... Like the mermaid people with the thigh gaps, just... WHY... Though that bothers me much more than a snake person.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 8, 2017 4:21 AM

Jul 2015
Kodomo_R said:

NOT REALLY. I mean, yeah its probably someone's fetish, but literally everything on the planet is SOMEBODY'S fetish. She isn't portrayed as some super sexy lady or given much fan-service so I doubt there are that many people who were turned on by her character if they weren't already somewhat interested in that stuff.
Aug 8, 2017 1:01 PM

Jan 2010
DuoraDoll said:
Kodomo_R said:

NOT REALLY. I mean, yeah its probably someone's fetish, but literally everything on the planet is SOMEBODY'S fetish. She isn't portrayed as some super sexy lady or given much fan-service so I doubt there are that many people who were turned on by her character if they weren't already somewhat interested in that stuff.

I was saying that I'm being turned on by her, not that they're pushing this fetish 😀
Aug 8, 2017 8:00 PM

Jul 2015
Kodomo_R said:
DuoraDoll said:

I was saying that I'm being turned on by her, not that they're pushing this fetish 😀

Ahhhh I apologize, when I see posts and such like that, they are usually complaints so I mistook what you were saying. The snake lady really does have some pretty eyes, but I'm too busy being turned on by the centaur to be interested in her like that -w-
Aug 9, 2017 2:23 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, nice world building. Creepy, seemingly random citizen pulling out guns like that. What's the point of that, would they really shoot her at the slightest transgression.
Aug 9, 2017 4:46 AM

Jun 2016
Hahaha that was her smile? Poor thing. She's trying to smile but failed. And poor Hime. But what I don't understand is that WHY ON EARTH HER PARENTS MADE HER WATCH THAT MOVIE? Bad parents. Hahaha.

I'm honestly a fond of the snake. She's so beautiful yet misunderstood. Just like us Slytherins. Hehe.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 9, 2017 12:26 PM

Nov 2013
@duoradoll
"Ahhhh I apologize, when I see posts and such like that, they are usually complaints so I mistook what you were saying. The snake lady really does have some pretty eyes, but I'm too busy being turned on by the centaur to be interested in her like that -w- "

while i think hime face is cute and i guess her front body is nice (even the legs), the rest of the horse part kinda bothers me lol
the only girl i find pretty here is Mitama Manami, and i guess some others are nice too, like the cat (?) girls from the questions part, or the dark haired lesbian girl lol

also lol that "Lucoa" smile =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 10, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2015
winddevil1 said:
@duoradoll
"Ahhhh I apologize, when I see posts and such like that, they are usually complaints so I mistook what you were saying. The snake lady really does have some pretty eyes, but I'm too busy being turned on by the centaur to be interested in her like that -w- "

while i think hime face is cute and i guess her front body is nice (even the legs), the rest of the horse part kinda bothers me lol
the only girl i find pretty here is Mitama Manami, and i guess some others are nice too, like the cat (?) girls from the questions part, or the dark haired lesbian girl lol

also lol that "Lucoa" smile =D

But the horse body is what maKES HER SPECIAL! Hime wouldn't be Hime if she didn't have the Horse body, shed be just another cute girl in a massive seas of Moe heaven. Shed still be great though. And yeah, the other girls are pretty great too.
Aug 11, 2017 1:39 AM

Nov 2016
MrAwesome2017 said:

Now that's a cute smile.

I hereby nominate Suu-chan for best girl of 2017.

On a more serious note, there was some great attention to detail in this episode. I love how Suu-chan and Hime had perfectly sync reactions to the "Fear of Antartica" movie, and Suu-chan blinking with translucent eyeids was very clever. We've also got to the world building part of the series, which has some really cool stuff in it.
Aug 13, 2017 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
It was fun! Suu-chan and Hime are not so different like Hime thought, both were afraid of the horror movie!
Aug 16, 2017 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
Quatzacoatl is so cute :D loved this episode
Aug 20, 2017 3:19 AM

Mar 2009
Snake girl is moe.
Aug 22, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 2009
Hirugiku said:

Because this classroom doubles as an occult club clubroom. No idea what the club is actually supposed to be - it's one of those main character clubs, which does anything.

Hirugiku said:

Apparently, the law says the shops have to offer stuff for people of any race, and adjust clothes as necessary. And failing to do this counts as racism, which can get people sent to correction clinic. Since the clinic never actually appears on-screen, we have no idea how scary that is.

Hirugiku said:

MangoYuri said:
The scene where some civillians(?) pulled out guns confused me at first...Were they undercover agents or are the consequences of "discrimination" that bad, I wonder?

LukesYGOonYT said:
Does everyone carry a weapon?

RediceRyan said:
Creepy, seemingly random citizen pulling out guns like that. What's the point of that, would they really shoot her at the slightest transgression.

Sassassul is followed by at least three spy agencies on a regular basis. And they are willing to protect her from random attacks and otherwise getting in trouble, to avoid any international scandals.
Those armed people aren't ordinary civilians, and this doesn't happen every time something racist happens - it's specifically because of Sassassul.

I wonder if they will show that episode where Sassassul goes on a date, and the spies panic when they're joined by a new group (that turns out to be her classmates).
Sep 24, 2017 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
The new character in his own way is interesting and fun not only for his looks but also for his character. Finally back to the surface the subject saw in the first episode of the series, I hope they give him more space in the future.
Sep 26, 2017 5:09 PM
Jan 2014
A bit late for the party, but for those wondering, the movie she watched was basically their world's version of "The Thing" (classic horror). The referrence from when the protagonist says they need to check everyone's blood is obvious.
Oct 18, 2017 5:42 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, quite liking the development! Up to the next episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.