Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That market tour they did is kinda amusing. I like how it focuses on the little details to bring out the realism of this show.

Thought this episode took a direct approach at exploring the local area with the video filming. It shows Koharu and her friends living their daily life like normal people. This series still has a steady pacing and I think it's working fine.
Jun 21, 2017 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
I just notices Yoshino is smaller then the others.
Anyway this seems to be going to well with that show and all something tells me they will be having a hard time next episode but i guess we will have to wait and see.
Jun 21, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2016
There was an element of self awareness of the show, with the criticisms that the director was giving. Definitely a great episode for that alone.
Jun 21, 2017 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Pretty cool that they're making a show about the girls trying to revitalize Manoyama. :)

Sandal's cameo was epic. XDD
The shooting and stuff was really fun to watch, felt a little sad when the director guy said Yoshino's backstory was too normal. She should've told him about being the 100,000th visitor.

The director guy is the most passionate of them all. XD

I was worried that the Merchant and Community boards would turn them down but I'm glad that everything worked out in the meeting. :)
The final scene with all the guests arriving and camping out for the main day was great, let's hope this festival is a huge success.

Jun 21, 2017 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
They are advertising Manoyama and are spending a lot of money. With all that attention, this needs succeeded.

At the beginning everyone was tense with all the recording. Maki was the only one who was sensible. Shiori with glasses though. Her personality changed. Erika with her makeup.

Yoshino was able to convince the community boards. Though they were going to the tourism board a big no. Glad it worked out.

Old man Kadota giving praise to Yoshino was great. He finally showed his nice side, chupa.

Jun 21, 2017 10:27 AM

Jun 2015
It's really cool someone is making a show about Manoyama. That would bring in more people. It was sad when Amamiya said Yoshino's backstory was too normal. He's very passionate. The Merchant and Community boards agreed to help the Tourism board. All the people camping outside was a great scene. I hope the festival is a success.
Jun 21, 2017 10:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
There are a shit ton of people coming...but it's for the popular band playing, not for Manoyama itself. I'm glad that the director of this has such passion and could get this deal honestly but what if the people that wanted to see the town, shops and everything get swayed and go to the concert instead?

Sandal going Kevin Costner, what?! That made me laugh so hard.
Jun 21, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2015
Another way to make Manoyama known-widely and this time involving person from a TV show.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 21, 2017 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
Yo Sandal-san is a legend!!!! Lol that field of dream reference.

Man it's so upsetting this isn't scored higher. I can understand some people seeing it as a boring anime, but it's really good.

The development has been great so far. I figured something would go bad in this episode but I guess we'll get that next week lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 21, 2017 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
"Dreams come true!" XD

Great episode as always. Feels like a build up to a finale.
Jun 21, 2017 11:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ZuzuMiBachi said:
"Dreams come true!" XD

I know right?

I'm so happy that they were able to get everyone on board and I REALLY hope that this event is really successful

And of course, Sandal stole the episode again lol
Jun 21, 2017 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
ZuzuMiBachi said:
"Dreams come true!" XD

But theres still 13 episodes left?
Jun 21, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2015
That was a fantastic episode and felt like a great build-up for the second cour! This is all getting really good and interesting! After all the character development during the first cour, it's time for the story to kick in and things to get real!

Also, I can never get tired of Sandal-san appearing out of nowhere. It's just gold XD.
ReverberateJun 21, 2017 11:47 AM

Jun 21, 2017 12:13 PM
Aug 2014
Kevin Costner reference?
Jun 21, 2017 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode as always but i have a bad feeling about this festival.
Jun 21, 2017 12:45 PM
Sep 2016
Rorek said:
Great episode as always but i have a bad feeling about this festival.

The setup I'm imagining is that it's gonna be successful at the beginning but fail eventually, economically wise.
Jun 21, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2017
A huge part of me really thinks that Yoshino should have said something about being the 100,000th visitor and maybe talk more about the Kingdom itself's history.

Smudy said:
There are a shit ton of people coming...but it's for the popular band playing, not for Manoyama itself. I'm glad that the director of this has such passion and could get this deal honestly but what if the people that wanted to see the town, shops and everything get swayed and go to the concert instead?

That's a huge feeling I have too. People will only come for the concert, stay for the concert and leave after it. I think because they're camping very early, they may explore the town for food, or to know the town they're in, but I feel there may be a huge conflict concerning the concert and the town coming up.

I'm surprised Riri is okay with being filmed, she usually seems timid and doesn't like being in the spotlight at all. But I guess she is working so, it's different?
Jun 21, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
A manoyama native that's a big tv show big shot helps the town alot with a big boy band coming in.
Yoshi gets everyone on the committee to help the town since it's not about small profit but for the long run.
Jun 21, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
I loved the Shiori and Riri's reaction when they were first filmed. That was pretty funny.

Sandals with his random and only appearance. This guy is the best!

Smudy said:

That's what I'm worried about too. Everything was smooth sailings this episode so I kinda expect a lot of trouble next episode. From experience, I volunteered for the Vans Warped Tour once and it took about 3 hours to pick up trash alone. I'd imagine the town will go through the same thing.

Jun 21, 2017 1:59 PM

Nov 2016
Smudy said:

You got a point, it looks too good to be true atm.

The episode was pretty nice, worthy to be a build up one for a midseason final.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2017 2:14 PM

Jun 2017
I expect the high influx of visitors for the concert will bring a great challenge for the girls. I am hoping this will turn into a great success in the end.

Sandals with another great moment; I LOLed.
Jun 21, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
Sandal once again never fails to amuse me. He might be a bit odd, but what he says most of the time does make a whole lot of sense. =)

The way that Shiori and Riri prepared themselves for their first taste of being recorded for T.V. was amusing. For one second, Ririko's mask reminds me a bit of Persona 5 now. >w<

@Smudy made a very good point. It's good that they got an upcoming band to play at the Founder's Festival and it has already attracted many hardcore fans in the early hours of the morning, but some of these people might be here for the band only and might have zero interest in exploring and town at all. Hopefully, the 'Gals' will find a way to appeal to these sort of people and that way, the whole town of Manoyama will benefit. =)

Great episode overall.
Jun 21, 2017 3:25 PM
ć‚ć‚“ć©ćć•ć„

Sep 2011
I agree, as many others here have said, there will be two different, and separate, events that day, the festival, and the concert. The way I see it, they might as well be in different towns.

dm106 said:
Kevin Costner reference?

Yep. I wonder if it was Sandal-san that he heard :D
Jun 21, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
Sandal's Field of Dreams reference was great and unexpected.
The human quality of this show is very good. At first I was a bit worried that the other townsfolk wouldn't come through for the tourist board, but Yoshi's passion brought them in. I think she was inspired by the director's enthusiasm.

The change in Shiori's voice when she was first filmed was hilarious. She sounded harsh and wooden. And those problematic glasses!
Jun 21, 2017 5:15 PM

Oct 2012
Definitely one of my favorites eps from this series. It had a great balance of fun antics, serious contemplation, character growth and honestly, it was nice to see that this director isn't a major douche or annoyance like the previous ones.

There were so many good moments, some of my favorites were when Ririko talked about Yoshino and how she understood her well, and I also liked when Kadota gave Yoshino some kind words of encouragement at the end. Good stuff.

Judging by the preview though something's going to go wrong, maybe once the band finishes everyone will start leaving?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 21, 2017 5:44 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I think this festival is going to be a hit but are the people only coming for the concert and not for Manoyama? And it was the first time the "Town Revival Gals" were seen on live TV. :D Yes, all 5 of them look lovely. xD

I saw Moe-chan in that very short commercial but I wish she could have spoken at least so I could hear her voice. >.< Tch.. >.>

Ptolemaios? Ptolemy? Brachiosaurus? Tally-who? xP
Jun 21, 2017 5:54 PM

Jun 2013
Absolutely amazing episode as usual, i have a bad feeling about the festival to see how it works out!
Jun 21, 2017 6:12 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode as usual. They even shot the footage in 4K resolution, so much that they go to enthusiast level. šŸ¤£
Jun 21, 2017 6:16 PM

Jan 2016
Wow great episode! The director is the most passionate one!
Jun 21, 2017 6:27 PM

Apr 2013
ZuzuMiBachi said:
"Dreams come true!" XD

Best quote of this episode.
Jun 21, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was pretty great but for real all of this seems to good to be true we even got baited right at the end i doubt their gonna be able to handle all these people D:

lol Shiori with the unintentional insults "No worries" there's plenty of ways you're not normal
Jun 21, 2017 7:39 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good episode, I thought Yoshino shined very brightly.

She was great near the end there getting the boards to agree with her for extra funds.

It was nice to see the other girls get some screen time on camera.

Wow, that band is super popular to have a lot of people camp the night before.
Jun 21, 2017 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, Sandal with that not even subtle Field of Dreams reference. You know it wasn't subtle when I haven't even seen the movie start to finish and still immediately recognized the reference. Ffs, he even say he "Costner-ed", lmao.

Have a feeling something about this tourism plan, like all of the others, will have something bad happen that majorly backfires on them, but then they'll be able to come together and salvage it somehow to have a decent outcome. Have a feeling the Amamiya guy will be the root of the problem.
Jun 21, 2017 11:31 PM

Mar 2009
Well, hey, that went surprisingly well! I'm happy for them. Even the old lady didn't put up too much of a fuss.
Jun 22, 2017 4:52 AM

Aug 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
ZuzuMiBachi said:
"Dreams come true!" XD

But theres still 13 episodes left?

Haha, don't worry theres still lots more to this...Well thats what it says on myanimelist. Its just the conclusion of the mini character arcs and the build up that made it feel like a series finale.
Jun 22, 2017 5:56 AM

Nov 2011
So just call a famous band, and solve the tourist problems of a place? So make it too easy, I hope that in the next episode, my guess is denied, it would be a disappointment, resolve the problem so that simple. PA Works, can not stand behind two anime series? The quality of the drawings has dropped a bit in this episode and not just in this, what a pity!
Jun 22, 2017 8:37 AM

Feb 2015
This anime is still way too underrated and isn't justified by having "comedy" as its only listed genre.

Good story we have here, I hope the fact that Yoshino was the special visitor when she was young will continue, because that idea that she's "boring" or "normal" is unfair.
Jun 22, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2016
What an episode! Best thing I've watched all month. Our queen is special.
Jun 22, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2015
This is wonderful. It's actually working.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 22, 2017 8:46 PM

Jan 2016
This episode is the one which left me with a 'satisfied' feeling.. I hope they keep this good pacing but... I think the next episode preview told me that it will not lol.. I think those people only came for the concert and won't attend the festival
RyouHayatoJun 22, 2017 8:50 PM
Jun 23, 2017 7:51 AM

Mar 2013
Amazing episode. Once again.

It's finally time Yoshino gets some characterization out of this arc and shine in it.

Golden Sandal-san moments be golden XD

The build-up was great but I've got a bad feeling about it. We're got another 13 episodes or so, I'll think they're probably gonna fail this time.
And this is the event they needed for the town's revival. A big opportunity they can't let slip by. I'm looking forward how it'll go.
Jun 23, 2017 2:34 PM
Dec 2013
I'm honestly surprised that I'm still watching this show, because this was probably one of my candidates for shows that I wasn't really gonna keep watching, but here I am watching this show still. It's just nice calm fun, and it doesn't disappoint for what it promises. I had no idea it was gonna be 24 episodes but I'm really glad it is.
Jun 24, 2017 12:38 AM

Aug 2016
Deym director-kun giving it straight to them. I get his point though. Yoshino being normal huhuhu I can honestly say that the realization of her being the 100,000th visitor in Manoyma in the first ep was what got me hooked on this series.

I was really nervous for half the ep when the director had a secret plan and I thought he was going to do something to change Yoshino's story :( Good thing it's just a band but I can definitely see the problems they'll encounter next ep, mostly the band diverting all the attention from the event. I loved the scene with whole meeting I hope the footage for that will be used to turn things around if needed.

tl;dr Yoshino best grill

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 24, 2017 1:00 AM
Jun 2015
I have bad feeling that the concert will only drag away those visitor from the main purpose of introducing manoyama...
Jun 24, 2017 9:57 AM

Mar 2016
Another good episode! It's nice to see their efforts paying off with success and to see the old lady finally start to show support for the revival efforts is a nice progression to her character. This anime just keeps chugging along with consistently good episode after good episode so I'm confident that the next 13 episodes will be good as well. I'm excited to see how the festival turns out next episode.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 25, 2017 5:27 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty solid episode as always. The Director dude was kind of a dick. But his spiel about everyone having an interesting motivation but Yoshino was very meta. I do wonder if this means Yoshino will be getting a resolve/focus arc soon? Or if they think where she's at is good enough. Because I do. A bit corny as always but I loved all the Ministers talking her up to the Director. And trying to cheer her up, after he hurt her feelings. Also everyone but Maki being camera shy was most humorous. And the Board of Merchants backing the Ministers was some really solid character growth. I think this is a dumb relatively average series. But it's serious approach to its characters has been some stellar PA Works goodness. Wonder what the second half will be like now.
Jun 25, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2014
This is all too good to be true. Something bad's going to be happen and it's going to make me feel awful. Can't wait!
Jun 28, 2017 12:57 PM

May 2010
Lmao Shiori is lowkey savage.

So many people coming to the town... yet why do I have this bad feeling hmm.
Jul 2, 2017 2:15 PM

Feb 2008
The TV producer seemed exceedingly enthusiastic regarding the whole affair...
Jul 9, 2017 2:04 PM

Jul 2009
The show is going to bring a lot of popularity to the city
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

61 by Rakabat »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

181 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

70 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

47 by toralbabs »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

54 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.