Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2017 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, the gimmick of baldness gave me a small chuckle.

As suspected, another evil entity causes trouble at school.
Kazuya is actually smarter than I had thought as he figured out the identity and secret of the events this episode.
Stark700May 28, 2017 8:07 AM
May 28, 2017 8:54 AM

Apr 2010
So the backlash is finally explained it took them a while.
Anyway this episode was pretty intense towards the ending and it also showed the side effects from jealousy which is ugly thing.
Anyway good episode.
May 28, 2017 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
A good episode. Quite a sad one though.

I wonder what the backlash will be.

May 28, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
That is some very strong hair. Kazuya is getting better at using the obi. He also doesn't give up. The older sister really cares for her younger sister. I'm glad things worked out.
May 28, 2017 10:05 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, this story was horribly out of place in that kind of show.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 28, 2017 10:22 AM
Dec 2008
yeah indeed you say.... but next week is more intresting about naked episode.. xD
May 28, 2017 10:38 AM

Mar 2014
an episode with no fanservice. i like it.

that backlash... so here comes the question: he lost all his hair. where is his brow from?
so you mean there's no ghost in this world while an obi can turn into a girl? really?
nanako changed her family name, but we can still identify her as the sister. hair color is so obvious.
after two years muratsuki still has her last words. it seems that fan club bullies made eko surcide. but what a turnover!
so in fact, eko really want her sister disappear in her subconscious. even though she love her sister in consciousness, i'm quite shocked for her extreme reaction. thats the point i dont like this story somehow.
efforts of kazuya and kiriha finally get paid off. his battle skill developed a lot.
risk one girl to save another (and catch her heart), em...
i wonder what backlash will happen to nanako after this battle. no hair?
seems an interesting character will come out next episode. is that you kushieda minori?
the title of episode 10 is naked quilt. cant wait to watch.

all main characters have same start of first and last name.
Chikaishi Chisato
Osanai Osamu
Tadata Tadataka
Shiramine Shiro
and Kagami families: Kazuaki, Kanaka, Kasumi, Kazuya
so i'm quite sure Nanakai Nanako will join them and come out in later episodes.
vellabrownMay 28, 2017 7:57 PM
May 28, 2017 10:56 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Leo_10 said:
A good episode. Quite a sad one though.

I wonder what the backlash will be.

The episode started quite boringly, but it got better and better, wasnt expecting it to shift to such tones near the end, and the action was quite nice too.
May 28, 2017 4:41 PM

Jan 2017
Complete shift of tone compared to last episode. But well, it was cool. And the "growth" on the girl was so scary.
May 28, 2017 5:16 PM

Mar 2016
Kinda weird episode this week with the whole suicide thin and the growth on the older sisters chest speaking her dark thoughts. But I'm glad they laid off the pervy bath scenes at least
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 28, 2017 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
That felt like the worst use of suicide I've ever seen in an anime. If anxiety can create a creature that dangerous, then jeez, there must be a ton of them running about.

I would honestly had rather they stayed with the comical ecchi themed stories than this cringy poor attempt at a dramatic episode.
May 28, 2017 8:38 PM

Dec 2016
A surprisingly sad and heartwarming story! Some episodes are all fanservice but then this one was all serious and it was really good. Nude in the futon next week though oh boy back to fanservice lol
May 28, 2017 10:15 PM
Jul 2016
This episode might look serious but if you know the cause of the growth. šŸ˜²
May 29, 2017 12:16 AM
Jan 2014
Superb execution, as clean and as well-done as it is on the manga. 11/10.

Wishing for one's own death from an amasogi?

vellabrown said:

all main characters have same start of first and last name.
Chikaishi Chisato
Osanai Osamu
Tadata Tadataka
Shiramine Shiro
and Kagami families: Kazuaki, Kanaka, Kasumi, Kazuya

so i'm quite sure Nanakai Nanako will join them and come out in later episodes.

Finally, she appears!

Antanaru said:
Wow, this story was horribly out of place in that kind of show.

UltimusInfinitumMay 29, 2017 2:52 PM
May 29, 2017 12:21 AM

Jan 2015
seems like people are content with new arc. Awesome. i've been meaning to see how it will be adapted. it was pretty great. <3
May 29, 2017 3:27 AM

Oct 2008
They could really think of any kinds of villain huh!...This time Kamioni (hair entity villain?)
on the last part looks like the red head girl is about to appear, the girl with a katana on the OP!
4/5.

May 29, 2017 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
Fairly dark episode considering someone died.
Not too interested in the episodic feel.
May 29, 2017 11:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so a new type of amasogi appears eh. One that was born from the regrets left behind by someone that has recently died that resides in their hair eh. Hmm training his abilities with Kukuri eh. Well recent action has shown just how powerful newer amasogi can be so more training is definitely needed to help prepare Kazuya for this role. Still a long way to go before he can be deemed to be ready though. Still Kukuri is right in that Kazuya isn't going to become a master overnight no matter how hard he tries. Man Kiriha is one harsh taskmaster though. Hmm mysterious summons from the student council eh. The president and his really shiny head though lol. Hmm so if a amasogi's desire is sated or it's destroyed by its host it will go off peacefully but if it was destroyed by another then its another story. Hmm if it had been destroyed then Chisato will be bald lol. Hmm i wonder in what form will the atonement take though. Hmm so the theme this week is a ghost eh. Hmm so Kiriha doesn't believe in the existence of ghosts eh. Hmm no suicide note eh yet there was one when she jumped. Hmm i wonder whether the girl in question had a inferiority complex with relation to his sister who's smarter than her and more athletic. Seems that there are others that are looking into this case as well. Hmm newspaper girl seems to be only interested in the story though. Hmm so it looks like the ghost really is real then since she's standing just in front of you. So its a kamioni eh. And it seems that she's hunting for that letter that was missing from her scene of death. Lol Kazuya just keeps losing focus and getting pummeled by Kiriha. Still though it looks like she ran away rather than risk confrontation it seems. So a kamioni is something that was born from the regrets that someone had at the moment they departed this world eh. Hmm so the kamioni that the president had was only a half version as he was still alive but this one is a full one since the owner is deceased.

Hmm though the girl in question had her wish of interacting with the boy of her desires it cost her her friendship with the members of the fan club eh. And it was this clubs bullying that ultimately served as the catalyst that caused the girl to commit suicide eh. I like how the investigation team is now centered on Kazuya and kiriha being assisted by Chisato, Osamu and the Su president though. But i guess every hero will need their support team. Lol thats one way of getting to a location fast. Serves the leader of the bullies right for the kamioni to show up in front of her though. Hmm so the reporter girl was actually the younger sister eh. Well i guess her purpose of trying to determine why her sister had to die was understandable. It looks like that there's more to this case than meets the eye though. Though the bullying is a factor it doesn't look like it was the sole cause. Considering the fact that the sister was all different before her death. Being not brave enough to confess your feelings or stand up for yourself doesn't mean that you are filthy though. I think the sister was way too hard on herself though.
Hmm a mysterious growth that resembled a human face that spoke the things that she couldn't say eh. Hmm though it seems that the growth wasn't such a good thing either when it told her to be cautious against her own sister. To think that it would advice her to kill her own sister though. So in an attempt to stop that growths plans she ended her life eh.

Just what was this thing i wonder. So now that its back it still intends to kill Nanako eh. So the enemy this time is a much powered up amasogi eh. Man this thing looks powerful. Still its nice to see that even in the face of this thing that Kazuya isn't going to run and leave Nanako behind though. When he's determined and has something to protect Kazuya can be surprisingly effective in battle though. Still the combat scenes in this episode and this fight in itself was pretty well done. This foe was pretty strong all right. The combo of Kazuya strikes and Kiriha's advice really did well here. But man this must be hard for Nanako though. But in the end though that growth was born from her sisters bad feelings in the end her sister sacrificed her life to stop that growth from harming her beloved sister. Her love for her sister was what won in the end. Though she died she at least protected her sister. And it looks like more characters will start to appear and judging from their expressions these will be hostile. This was a pretty interesting episode with the problem foe being something that the cast haven't encountered before. The twists that were in this episode i felt were well done and the backstory for the sister really made you feel sorry for her. Though that growth did stem from her bad feelings ultimately the sister's love for Nanako enabled her to triumph over it though in the process dying in the attempt. The twist that the kamioni actually was the bad feelings given form was surprising as was its attempt to kill Nanako. Combat wise this foe really was strong but its also nice to see that Kazuya when he's being serious is able to stand his ground in the face of such a powerful foe and give a good account of himself. The team up of Kiriha's advice and Kazuya's strikes was also well executed.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2017 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
I actually enjoyed this episode. The end part was quite the twist with the sisters and all. Even though this show drags it's feet about it gives me a bit of that feeling of nostalgia from the early 2000s anime. Even the MC reminds me of the girls bravo protagonist. Still more tolerable than the meta MCs we have now.
Jun 8, 2017 2:26 AM
Jan 2015
Well that got dark very quickly.
Jun 9, 2017 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
In fact, I really appreciate this series when she shows her comic strips, but even though the tone of the narrative is more serious than usual, I did not despise this episode.
Jun 9, 2017 7:55 PM

Dec 2014
well this was a rayher dramatic and serious episode...hmmm
Jun 26, 2017 7:30 AM
Mar 2012
good story tho slightly stark tonal shift.
always like the naruto & drill action
Jul 15, 2017 5:32 AM

May 2012
Another quite huge change in the pacing and story development of this anime! I really don't know what kind of story they want to show us. But one thing is sure! THis is pretty strange kind of development! Let's see what's next though.
Feb 15, 2018 9:55 AM

Sep 2013
They don't seem like they can decide what direction to go with this anime. It kind of rambles...just like the OP

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 13, 2018 7:28 AM
Oct 2015
Best episode tsugumomo, good story line in this episode
Woodfall said:
A surprisingly sad and heartwarming story! Some episodes are all fanservice but then this one was all serious and it was really good. Nude in the futon next week though oh boy back to fanservice lol
Dec 12, 2019 12:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that story was actually really sad :(
Mar 29, 2020 5:52 PM

Feb 2014
Mmm, not entirely satisfied how the suicide thing was handled
Apr 5, 2020 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
After a few episodes of shenanigans and tom foolery, stuff got really dark really quickly. Great episode, and very much a true glimpse into the world of demons and despair.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 20, 2020 7:02 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally the plot progressed some nicely action combo's. Its good to knowing some kind form of strong Amasogi. And thats shit really creepy af. Fortunately, as expected, Kazuya, learnt from his mistook in the previously practices, and destroy that ugly Amasogi.

The direction among the good action packed fall down in a nice way. Using some detective type to search information in the beginning of the episode was nicely done too. Nanako, the new girl in the opening, finally revealed herself. She kinda cute with that pigtail tho. Its no doubt when the time has come to show her interest to Kazuya into the lewdness. Because, yeah, he was her savior so, why not?

Damn, Kiriha blushing was some unexpected moment too. Great Kazuya, great. You would do some one step closer to that route. So, after one girl, comes another girl? Great. These episode served as my best satisfaction so far with the progression....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 10, 2021 6:51 PM

Nov 2010
Cool episode and that was a nice twist. My only complaint... it lacks ecchi stuff!

I wonder what kind of malison atonement Nanako will get.
Apr 13, 2022 12:37 AM

Jul 2019
This was surprisingly dark, especially when compared to last episode's bathtub shenanigans.

I liked it though. I was "glad" that they bullied Nako-san to get her to quit the group instead of bullying her for being liked by the guy. I'd preferred that they actually talked about it instead of bullying but then there wouldn't be an episode.

No Kokuyou this time. Shame. The new girl looks interesting though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

46 by Bupkis7 »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

100 by ButtMancer »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

38 by rohan121 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

31 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2017

54 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 14, 2023 4:01 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.